Yoshi constantly gets shitty sequels that are not only inferior to Yoshi's Island...

>Yoshi constantly gets shitty sequels that are not only inferior to Yoshi's Island, but also are completely irrelevant to the modern market
>meanwhile, F-Zero hasn't had a game in 15 years

Attached: file.png (800x400, 567K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RfjVFT_nx-8
youtube.com/watch?v=oUC7_BUFti0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>No F-Zero in 15 years
>No Custom Robo in 12 years
>No Advance Wars in 11 years
>No Golden Sun in 9 years

Shitty colorful baby games sells, games with good gameplay don't.

Is GX the hardest racing game? I can't even beat it on normal

Any ideas for a new F-Zero game?
Here's mine
>Captain Falcon is a bounty hunter
>can explore six to eight planets and space
>overarching story is some stock P.I. story involving competing races to win prize money, shaking up criminals for clues, crime scene investigation
>gameplay elements cover racing tournaments, fighting like in the Yakuza series and point&click clue collecting like Ace Attourney
>can upgrade and modify your racer, unlock fighting styles, etc

F-Zero GX but with more and 32 player online racing in dedicated servers

>Mario Kart keeps getting releases despite mediocre reviews
>F-Zero hasn't had a game in 15 years despite glowing reverence

Attached: 1541206887700.jpg (960x1440, 403K)

>f-xero is not a colorful baby game

>more than a decade since the last Warioland

Attached: 1542813557910.jpg (1171x1347, 454K)

And a track editor.

A ship and a track editor

Correct.

Never played Warioland. What's it like?

And a character creator

It hurts. I just replayed 4 the other day, such a masterpiece. I was inspired and went and won Wario Land Shake It for like 5 dollars on ebay. I never played it before, hope its good.

I had a dream they released an HD remake of GX on the Switch, and I thought "finally, I can sell my gamecube."

are you having a stroke

>implying F-Zero was even relevant when it came out.

His only good game bombed. Even Yoshi can attest to more than that. Keep crying.

Puzzle platformer mostly. More about exploration and figuring out how to reach areas than an obstacle course. Wario is such a strong fat fuck most enemies cant hurt him (especially in 2 and 3) so its more about about abusing the enemies in creative ways. Throwing enemies through walls, intentionally letting them set you on fire or flatten you to reach new areas, stuff like that. Its a really neat series, I cant think of anything else quite like it.

Yoshi's Island sold like shit though?

Nintendo's excuse is they can't find a way to redefine the game.

They just need to make it prettier and add online. Track builder for posterity, and then the series can die forever.

What that actually means is Miyamoto can find a shitty gimmick to tack onto the game to make it "unique" and clearly that's a prerequisite for any Nintendo game to exist anymore since everything goes through his grubby hands at some point.

F-Zero would greatly benefit from an EVERYONE IS HERE approach and just shove as much shit as they possibly could into it, racers, tracks, modes, customization, and online all wrapped up in a hi-def bow.

I mean what would you prefer, still getting games but they are all "meh or fine but nowhere near the quality of GX" or not getting that new game but knowing that the series ended by perfecting the genre.

I just want fucking online F-Zero, I don't feel like that's too much to ask.

True. I'd arguee F Zero is better off than some other series, like Paper Mario or Final Fantasy that will have their corpses paraded around for eternity with shit sequels.

>Star Fox got constant mulligans and do-overs when they had very few ideas for how to innovate it, since it's a Miyamoto series
>everything else gets shoved under the rug at the first failure

How many times has Star Fox's story been retold, retconned, then rebooted?

Has to be at least three.

I think it's four times if you count 643D

what about a game that is nearly on par with GX?
Things like that aren't impossible like Tropical Dong has shown for the DK series.

man, nintendo is such an awful company
it just happens to make good games sometimes

>sometimes
More often than not. But I do agree, Miyamoto needs to retire, he's holding several IPs back.

>Mario Kart
>mediocre reviews

Attached: bait harder.gif (1000x773, 328K)

like Paper Mario

Do you want shitty F-Zero sequels that are not only inferior to GX, but also are completely irrelevant to the modern market?

Honestly, the only way F-Zero could plausibly be done in-house at Nintendo nowadays would be to put a new spin on things, because you basically can't live up to a game like GX after 15 years.

>More often than not
most of their games are cashgrabs

>no startropics in 25 years
You don't know what suffering is

It's not. Are you fucking retarded?

>Undyne bait image
based

Say what you will about the rest of the series, but Woolly World did live up to Island. It was first the sequel to actually have a decent soundtrack, genuinely unique and beautiful aesthetics, as well as decent level design

And damn good ones at that. They're competent designers if nothing else.

>No Famicom Wars in 11 years
>No Sin & Punishment in 10 years
>No Punch Out in 10 years
>No Endless Ocean in 9 years

>Why F-Zero? What do you want that we haven't done before?

Attached: jnFM9X8nyxHrksI72L3DIUhk7FaHFZ_M.png (300x486, 281K)

do you also suck off EA for making the same exact sports games every year?

Great artstyle but kinda boring imo

Which of these would you bring back and let Yoshi die Yea Forums?

Attached: 1519696142629.jpg (1248x1898, 824K)

I don't play sports games

no one gives a fuck about incel wars

OUENDAN!
OUENDAN!
OUENDAN!

It IS true though, Mario can always move stuff around and add new mechanics but the closest F-Zero got to introducing new elements was probably the GX story mode hazards.

custom robo easily. it's hilarious how pointlessly stupid modern yoshi games have become. they already have the baby series in Kirby, why aren't they freaking out like they do about Mario RPG vs. Paper Mario

F-Zero has an awesome universe with rich lore, they can do so much with it.

Nintendo's sci-fi series are cursed with low popularity so they inevitably become low priority, at this point we should be glad Samus still has a future assuming Retro doesn't fuck up.

They can't. The best game in the series was made by Sega too, Nintendo completely lost menzu (menzu means face) with GX and will never bring F-Zero back because of that shame.

What are you talking about?

where is the mario sports games or am i just blind?

Yoshis's Crafted World is a great little and a perfect example of how Nintendo forever BAFFLED irrelevant little tween shits like.

Its honestly, honestly hilarious.

youtu.be/RfjVFT_nx-8

>Yoshi constantly gets shitty sequels that are not only inferior to Yoshi's Island, but also are completely irrelevant to the modern market
Here's a truth bomb for you. Yoshi's Island was garbage and every game that came after it is better. Except New Island.

Modern gamers don't want fun games.

Why do so many Mario characters need spinoff series? I understand Mario is Nintendo's Mickey Mouse, but a good chunk of mainline Mario characters have their own series.
>Luigi's Mansion
>Warioland
>Warioware
>Yoshi
>Captain Toad
>Peach even got a game at some point
I don't think there's any other franchise that has this many spinoffs and subseries.

In an alternate universe they made a bunch of games but you all still bitched they weren't as good as the old ones

> Yet, no Waluigi
It hurts

And Super Mario itself is a Spinoff series of the Mario Bros Arcade Game, which is sort of a spinoff series of Donkey Kong Arcade Game.

this

I've said it a million times, kirby and yoshi games are nothing but Nintendo shovel ware.

Yeah they´re easy to make, and offer quick returns I guess. And those games arent actually made by Nintendo btw.
F Zero GX wasnt made by them either.

Creator of Custom Robo is making a spiritual successor called Synaptic Drive for PC and Switch. The Custom Robo license expired last September meaning it's effectively dead, but it may live on.

youtube.com/watch?v=oUC7_BUFti0

The director keeps namedropping things like "eSports" which is a tremendous red flag but we'll see how all of that goes.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 136K)