Katana > all

Katana > all

Attached: Takemoto_Authentic_Hand_Forged_Tamahagane_Steel_Katana_Samurai_Sword__74817.1340432629.1000.675.jpg (1000x374, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mPRXVCcJdYg
youtube.com/watch?v=iwdg6lblKow
youtube.com/watch?v=nYifJPs6Dr4
youtube.com/watch?v=4GoQlvc_H3s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benkei
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

this is the hanwei forge elite practical katana

That's it. I'm sick of all this "masterwork 360 controller" bullshit that's going on in the controller tiers right now. Katana controllers deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.

I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine katana controller in Japan for 2,400,000 Yen (that's about $20,000) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can even cut slabs of solid noobs with my katana controller.

Japanese smiths spend years working on a single katana controller and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest controller known to mankind.

Katana controllers are thrice as precise as American controllers and thrice as responsive for that matter too. Anything an American controller can own, a katana controller can own better. I'm pretty sure a katana controller could easily bisect a noob wearing full geek squad protection with a simple button press.

Ever wonder why America never bothered conquering Japan and just left? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined NEETs and their katana controllers of destruction. Even in the 7th console generation, American players targeted the men with the katana controllers first because their killing power was feared and respected.

So what am I saying? Katana controllers are simply the best controller that the world has ever seen, and thus, require better placement in the controller tiers. Here is the tiers I propose for Katana controllers:

God Tier
Katana controller (counts as masterwork)
Shit Tier
Everything else

Now that seems a lot more representative of the noobs cutting power of Katana controllers, don't you think?

tl;dr = Katana controllers need more recognition in controller tiers, see my new tier list.

Attached: katana-controller.jpg (594x594, 17K)

Wtf man I tried fighting somebody with euro steel armor and my katana broke when I hit them. You lied to me.

Attached: broke.jpg (474x259, 24K)

Attached: 1334296341093.jpg (2544x1920, 642K)

Go to bed, Vergil

Attached: 1554082191569.png (700x690, 1.13M)

wtf button do I press nigga

Not as versatile as euro style swords

You clearly procured a pale imitation not forged by genuine Japanese smiths of ancient Japan. A real katana can cut through a solid slab of steel like it's made of butter.

Attached: proof.gif (427x239, 2M)

Europeans btfo!

Attached: 37676.png (1190x585, 1.43M)

For me, it's the zweihander.

Attached: pier gerlofs sword.jpg (672x910, 64K)

Attached: 1554510913619.jpg (2000x2000, 426K)

I had a phase where I went from being a katanafag to an greatsword fag to a axefag and now the flavor for the longest time for me has been sword and shield

Pssh. Stand aside, kid.

Attached: UASRwq2.png (983x737, 136K)

Impressive
I wonder if they actually swung them or just let the horses run into them

>using a longsword with a piercing blade instead of a cutting blade

Attached: 1552443540101.jpg (960x720, 94K)

Shield & Spear > Shield & Sword

fuck your shitty reach, bitch

alright, I wouldn't want to get in the way, good luck with your field work

shield and spear is nice too
That's what I use in exanima

Aesthetically? Yeah.
Functionally? Heck no.

It belonged to a man named Pier Gerlofs Donia, a giant frisian rebel

Attached: XNiCN2S.gif (387x217, 1.62M)

YAMATO!

THAT...IS WHAT. YOU. SEEK!

AND THAT...IS WHY I

WAIT. IN. YOUR. PATH!

Stick > all

Attached: stick.jpg (900x598, 97K)

Only if you agree it's only the modern katana, the one popularized by anime and action movies, that is best, and aren't actually trying to say Mr. Samurai's peasant slasher was an amazing tool of battle in a time period where the prevailing weapon was the spear.

some people went full berserk with them

Attached: 1501777827372.jpg (1242x818, 108K)

While you were going to parties and having sex, i was studying the Blade.

Attached: 90f.png (924x560, 48K)

While you were studying the blade, I was studying two blades.

>his katana broke right after that scene and was only good for 1 hit

ez

computer, internet, furniture, groceries, 2 plates of food, home gym, alcohol, audio, girl.

Get fucked weeb

Attached: USP-the picture from that one rainbow six game.jpg (423x509, 81K)

>ROBEEEERRRRT

press tha chinese one nigga

if I recall correctly, zweihanders were used to counter enemy pikemen. I'm sure they could be used to combat cavalry but I doubt they'd be as useful/stable against a charging horseman than a pike.

My nigger

Attached: 12121212121.png (300x276, 36K)

try me

Attached: main-qimg-5f74d862b4e3a1ea129f27350c933ca7.jpg (960x539, 131K)

That one is ridiculous in size by comparison, but zweihanders were used by german mercenaries to fuck with pike formations, either breaking the wood shafts of their pikes, or just getting in the middle of them and tearing them all up.

Ah I see
nice

Kat and Anna > All

Attached: 71416193_p19.png (700x631, 301K)

have sex

Well the guy who owned that particular sword was around 213 cm in height

Can't, studying three blades.

NIGGA DEY ALL CHINESE

Shithead. Only folded it 999 times.

Add window to this.

>bladecucks
polearm chad coming through

Attached: file.png (516x389, 286K)

In the time it takes you to swing a zweihanders, my faster katana has already cut your vitals twice.

Attached: 3457.jpg (1280x1020, 205K)

Attached: 1548450051469.webm (960x540, 2.36M)

>all those different variants
yikes, all you need is poleaxe

Attached: 600640.png (850x850, 29K)

What games feature these?

Attached: African weapons.jpg (1196x972, 223K)

fuck this sounds like heaven. I wouldn't even need 10 things off this list. and then 10mil to live the rest of my life in total fun and adventure after doing what we've all effectively done the last 10 years anyway.

PIKE
I
K
E

Attached: weapons.jpg (3000x3450, 971K)

>npc

Attached: 1534197522076.webm (853x480, 1.87M)

Pike only works if you have friends, which doesn't appeal to anyone here

Attached: guaranteed replies.gif (297x168, 184K)

Computer, consoles, windows, furniture, internet, groceries, books, gym, pen & paper, doctors.

Yoink!

Attached: guisarme-pole-weapon-white-background-top-view-d-illustration-guisarme-pole-weapon-white-top-view-d- (1300x1390, 58K)

>watermelon bar

Attached: weee.png (1534x2048, 2.88M)

entire top row, internet, groceries, gym, drinks and doctors

It's actually quite a versatile and agile weapon that requires a lot of skill to use, unlike what movies and games would have you believe. The long hilts give you a ton of leverage, so you can move them quite quickly. Typically you'd use them as pseudo-pikes against armored enemies, using your range to stab for weak spots. Against unarmored or groups of enemies, you keep the blade moving to maintain momentum and preventing your opponents from seeing an opening.

Based

Attached: 1450405222731.jpg (1072x1302, 1.11M)

BotW

>molds
European swords have never been molded you stupid nips

Attached: 1538338780686.jpg (540x540, 34K)

>Bypass your armor

Attached: 9-276553_1.jpg (550x550, 12K)

do you ever think other knights thought the knights that trained with maces were giant bitches
like come on, we're all out here in full plate and shit, killing peasants, bouncing our swords off each other's armor, and you just have to be THAT GUY

While you were studying the blade, I was having sex while also studying the blade

Based
youtube.com/watch?v=mPRXVCcJdYg

Attached: 111353245.png (556x500, 488K)

2 Katana > Katana

Attached: 1553317150578.png (1015x1550, 1.92M)

Computer, Internet connection, and 1 bag of groceries is already better than my current quality of life.
I guess I might as well go for the doctors(just in case), and training equipment though honestly a flat floor is all you need for a workout.
Windows and sex are traps that will irrationally draw you to the outside world.

You were studying the "blade" in your ass lmao

Attached: longsword.jpg (820x461, 125K)

No, Knights always trained with multiple weapons.
Sword just a Sidearm, and in battle knights use a spear and another pole weapon.

pretty sure he was joking

Iai jutsu users have the strongest pull out game.

And im pretty sure he was THAT GUY

in aesthetics maybe but nothing else

> dies of avitaminosis after no exposure to sunlight in 10 years

Attached: 1554443783229.jpg (508x504, 77K)

Wrong.

Attached: gun-blade.gif (900x1222, 130K)

Actually, the myths are true, the Katana really was made with more care to the art and the science of sword making than the average eurocuck broadsword. Smelly ass yuros were such tremendous pussies that they started wearing full plated armor, making swords useless so almost no care was given to the blade. In fact, the pieces of shit were barely able to pierce muscle, they were basically glorified clubs.

The Katana however had to be masterfully made, it had to be able to fully bisect a samurai wearing full leather armor, and that's no easy task. At the very minimum it should be able to cut an arm cleanly in a single motion, as merely hurting the noble Samurai wasn't enough to stop them. You could blind them by poking their eyes out, you could stab them and make them bleed out, you could skin them alive even and the ferocious Samurai would still go after you and take you with them to the depths of hell for all eternity. The only way to defeat them was with absolute lethal force, and only the Katana could stop the Samurai.

Attached: samurai.jpg (483x700, 117K)

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
*Japanese drums sounds*

Attached: 1502545071266.png (900x1350, 500K)

for me, its kriegsmesser

Attached: kriegs.jpg (279x180, 8K)

The Japanese are fucking delusional.

>and got shot by ashigaru who used an arquebus

Lemme just mod it a bit bro

Attached: Red_Queen.png (532x1294, 195K)

>katana
>not the vastly superior Odachi

Attached: Kensei_female.png (2000x2000, 1.86M)

historically proven to be superior.

Attached: Musashi vs Kojiro.webm (854x480, 2.8M)

OH NO NO NO NONONONO

Attached: 12793132-bow-and-arrow.jpg (916x1300, 47K)

eat shit

Attached: 15thC_munition_crossbow1.jpg (2048x1536, 554K)

Yeah about that. Katanas are short mate.
The primary way of stopping a samurai was to stab him with a blade on the end of a 7 foot stick.
Dont get stabbed by a 7 foot stick annon.

>knife with a crossguard

>needing weapons
lmao cucks

Attached: ocelot.gif (300x169, 908K)

>takes 200 years to reload
>already opened some new holes while you were messing around with that clunky shit

Attached: For (You).png (678x618, 647K)

>taking 3 years to reload

I can't wait for S3. I hope Urobuchi just goes crazy and does whatever the fuck he wants like he did in S1.

>molded swords
God, even in Japan weebs are retarded when it comes to their meme sticks.

I keep asking my self defense teacher how to defend myself against pointed sticks but he won't stop going on about fruit

>Tod's Workshop
Nice.

Attached: 17thC_schnepper_crossbow_large.jpg (480x288, 18K)

Extra bonus: every arrow tip is dipped in chinaman shit

Attached: repeating-crossbow2.jpg (653x435, 222K)

>mfw lighting this up with the torches on Mexican Mission and setting everyone on fire

Attached: smug_cat_by_khuanlertmai_dbbekwppre.jpg (894x894, 100K)

>Fuck Armor

Attached: Mace Attack.webm (1280x720, 1.96M)

>not using inclusive Bernhard mod

Attached: kcd godwin.png (628x725, 663K)

>Weak
>Cant penetrate armor

As someone with a degree in metallurgy who blacksmiths as a hobby I'm exceptionally triggered by katana fags

>baka gaijin blacksmith can't even find his steep 1,000 times

Attached: 1519590841894.jpg (441x441, 84K)

>sword steel was folded 6 million times

Attached: post-99-1151681893.jpg (466x750, 56K)

only if a cute autistic girl is wielding it

Attached: 1552995209321.jpg (1920x1080, 201K)

>Wooden Sword VS Hendry wearing Full Plate Armor

Objectively superior for organised warfare. It's the ultimate evolution of melee weapon on a continent locked in total war for centuries. Only got replaced by accurate firearms for even greater reach.

Ahem fuck katanas fuck samurai and fuck medieval bullshit

Attached: gatling-gun-5.jpg (684x384, 132K)

ROOOOBEERTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Unironically Baldur's Gate 2. I mean it is still 1d4 weapon with 0 weapon speed, but it looks like that.

except for the scythe looking ones in the middle, why and how would you ever use any of these? These must be ceremonial right? what's the point of having a blade point towards you?

How can a katana compete against a saber?

Attached: tumblr_pe78n0GaFS1u442p8o1_1280.jpg (1280x1741, 222K)

Computer, TV, Burger Kangz, internet, groceries, audio, training equipment, drinks, doc, console.

For me, it's mustard sword based on longsword

Attached: ByuqlpiCUAAn7TF.jpg (600x565, 35K)

did you know "longsword" "short-sword" "bastard-sword" and terms like this are completely modern terms made by historians? Categorizing and labeling things like this is a completely modern habit and all actual source material from the time only refers to them all as "swords"

Attached: 1554426304766.png (680x680, 124K)

by appearing in most Japanese made games, Anime, Manga, Movie, and don't forget Weabos

Computer, windows, furniture, internet, 2 plates, training room, audio, indoor sports, girl, thanks docs

so then how did people call longswords back then

Tell me Shogun

if the Katana is so great, why did the samurai and their Katana's get slaughtered by the Portugies with Rapiers and Daggers?

sword. Longswords were refered to as swords and shortswords were refered to as swords. They didn't categories things, they were just all swords

youtube.com/watch?v=iwdg6lblKow

don't forget arquebus

>knives and daggers were just really small swords

swords

Attached: .png (220x220, 1K)

They’re clearly made to inflict massive amounts of pain and suffering with each hit. You wouldn’t die quick getting hit by any of those unless it was the sharp edge to the neck or something. Africans are nuts

how do you pronounce "sword"?

Attached: 1554003839683.png (559x1043, 305K)

I've said it so many times now that it doesn't feel like a real word anymore

sɔɹd

>swor-ed

sƿord

then someone come by the shop, and say "I want the sword!", then how do you know it's the sword you want?

>all the terms were in use, we just don't know what they referred to
this is the most ACTUALLY thing I have ever witnessed

you don't say that, and instead you describe how you want your sword, duh -- assuming you even get to pick because you're gonna be stuck with whatever is going around

they'd point at the one they want.

For real though "longswords" as you picture them are a meme that are monstrously over represented in fiction. They were only used in a very tiny window of time by a very very very small proportion of nobility. 99.99% of the history of European swords used were simple 1 handed swords as side arms

Arming sword = one handed sword
Longsword = two handed sword
Bastard sword = "hand and a half" sword, comfortable either way
All bastards are longswords, not all longswords are bastards. Typically the grip is too short to comfortably fit two hands, so the bottom hand would grip the pommel for leverage.
Very large swords had lots of names depending on the country of original. Zweihander, claymore, montante, spadone, etc.

>katana
>pic of ninjato

Attached: urifaget.jpg (636x564, 43K)

When will people realize that katanas are supposed to be a fast first hitting weapon meant for skin and not armor.

The dude with the katana is supposed to kill the other guy quickly without having to clash swords.

I'm proud of you user

Attached: shadman.jpg (1920x1158, 92K)

Computer, TV, Internet, Consoles, Two Dishes, BK, Groceries, Windows, Training Room, and Doctors.

It's more a comparison of the actual craftsmanship. The Japanese evolved their entire martial philosophy around the fact japan is an island very poor in iron and they therefore could not craft any effective armour, while Europeans with their abundance of iron developed substantially better iron work. From a purely objective standpoint European's were much much more advanced in ironsmithing and that video is just demonstrating the difference in material quality and not focusing on the actual martial application

>very poor in iron

Just stop.

>average Australian male holding a bastard sword.

why

*ahem*
fuck weebs and fuck samurai

Attached: folded over 9000 times.png (315x350, 13K)

Wasn't because their furnaces could't reach enough temperature to burn the shit away?
Pretty sure that the reason the whole "shit iron" meme came from.
Iron is iron, impurities on it just burn away in the forging process i think.

bronze swords were molded

checkmate atheist

I said "island very poor in iron" not "island with poor iron" I was referring to sheer quantity available not quality. Iron was rare and valuable compared to Europe where it was plentiful. The Japanese had to use it sparingly where Europeans could experiment all they wanted and make full suits of armour

why does no one ever care about polearms

you cant go wrong with a cool poleaxe/spear

What about a polesword.

I care about polearms user. Most swordfags don't even know that swords were just sidearms and that literally any warrior bar absolute zero would choose a polearm over a sword as a main battle weapon 100% of the time

youtube.com/watch?v=nYifJPs6Dr4

AHEM

Attached: file.png (229x220, 113K)

Sunlight doesn't give you vitamin D if it's through a window.

> when your enemies katana has a name

Attached: 2dpwzw.jpg (964x912, 60K)

Why are the Japs so insecure that they need to autofellate themselves so much

Where do Cavalry sabres stand? (I got Brit pajeet one)

Slashing shortsword?

Attached: sabreindia.jpg (1600x1195, 108K)

>swords
No thanks. All I need is my trusty shiv.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 10K)

How are the crops this season?

Your sword cannot penetrate my armour

Attached: armored_warrior.jpg (501x342, 20K)

Sh-ward

I fucked up, mine is this one but ceremonial decorated. Are these things good at all or should I use the SS longsword?

Attached: sabreshortindia.jpg (640x368, 51K)

computer, internet, training room, windows, groceries, doctors, furniture, drinks, pen and paper, tv

How can swordfags even compete?

Attached: 1518267980671.webm (640x360, 2.91M)

Unlike swords, polearms are impratical for the civilian life. Since that is going to be majority of your lifetime. is not surprising that swords have all the spotlight in general. And then there is the fact that swords are more durable, and are more sofisticated both in their production and design.
It's not that no one cares about polearms. People who actually care about this type of stufft, and dont need some youtube cunt to go on how ACKCHYUALLY polearms were used, care as much about poleams as they care about swords and everything else, is just that there is much more to talk about swords.

Attached: 5ed30299de52eceba5318d47d9b2aba3.jpg (2048x1182, 252K)

>computer
>consoles
>windows
>internet
>served dishes
>books
>training equipment
>audio
>drugs
>sex

everyone knows the chakram is best because its curve is infinite

>japshit

discarded.

Wrong.

Attached: 1518269192499.webm (853x480, 2.56M)

>goes to anime imageboard
>doesn't like japan
??????????????

Attached: idiot.png (750x564, 435K)

you fags dont even now about Bardiche

Attached: db16479585572eb8c9bee8e1594ba15d.jpg (555x322, 11K)

He's right to bad his dumb ass thinks a bridge is a great place to fight.

Woah, the new Robot Chicken season looks sick.

Anima was literally Japan's industry that rose from martial aid from the USA to appeal to the west after they got justice-striked, twice. Unlike Disney it got little to no merits or quality and is only a mere meme. Just like Sony, Yea Forums westernized to the extreme.

I cant stop thinking that the fight was some how a jab at samurai jack vs the scotman

Attached: hqdefault1.jpg (480x360, 51K)

what is this? I thought it was robot chicken at first

Thunderbolt Fantasy

Gen Urobuchi's animated d&d campaign.

Attached: 1518267463102.webm (853x480, 2.35M)

Computer, internet, consoles, windows, groceries, home gym, audio system, doctors, books and finally the gun just in case I decide to end it all.

t. fag in full plate

That's not how DND works at all

Attached: 1554359581445.png (328x396, 12K)

There's no denying that katanas have the most impressive balance of any two handed sword.

>Sadist perk
Is there a masochist perk?

>Mook enemy lands a lucky hit on a high level Fighter and promptly gets disarmed and one-shotted
Sounds right to me.

They are glorified cleavers. All the weight is on the blade itself to give it more cutting power. Longswords are designed to have their weight close to the hilt to make them more agile.

>All the weight is on the blade itself
You've never held a katana.

You've never compared holding a longsword and a katana.

You just have to get gud.

Attached: 1554479245573.webm (852x480, 2.9M)

Katanas are madly overrated, flimsy pieces of folded iron. steel is a yuro invention and was exclusive to us for a long time. Get a REAL stylish weapon. Pic is only 5k in EUR.

Attached: sabrenazi.jpg (1665x1249, 227K)

>hollowslayer greatsword moveset
Huh, dark souls actually has a realistically utilized weapon

>japshit
>jap

Attached: Thunderbolt Fat Shou.webm (1280x720, 1.83M)

okay that's so bad it's hilarious.

The katana is objectively a more highly developed weapon than the sabre. Sabres were literally noblemen's toys while katanas were hard use killing tools. A sabre is a one-tone piece of steel while katanas are edge-hardened for sharpness & edge retention while the spine is left soft so the sword can flex and bend under stress. The shape and bevel of the katana was also painstakingly developed to produce the best possible cutting edge.

Sharp-Eyed Impaler is best villain.

That's the point, it's a joke bit.

Everybody look at this post and laugh.

Attached: 1411725748970.jpg (632x483, 279K)

well, Japan lacked the resources to make steel and Europe had them - it's a case of craftmanship versus metallurgy. If I legit had to choose a weapon I'd choose the macuahuitl. sure, it's frail, but they're easy to make, cheap and amongst the sharpest of weapons. enough to strike a horse down with one attack. Plus you can Always carry spares. For equiping an army Macuahuitls just seem very efficient. I still suggest against picking them over blackpowder muskets.

Not an argument.
You might as well laugh to keep from crying.

>If I legit had to choose a weapon I'd choose the macuahuitl

no you wouldn't, and if you did you would get enough holes poked in you that all the hipsterism would drain out of your body

Attached: 4.png (128x128, 29K)

F A L C H I O N
A
C
H
I
O
N

Attached: falchion.jpg (3000x1500, 152K)

>Weebworshipping
I can respect the absolute badassery of men like Miyamoto Musashi, killing hundreds of men in single combat with shortswords (and many times two of them at once) but le ebin Samurai would not have stood a chance when these mad lads were goin aroun' de place cuttin' dem up.

Attached: menofmanyorbs.png (777x415, 156K)

>If I legit had to choose a weapon I'd choose the macuahuitl.
It's been a while since I saw the WORLD'S SHARPEST STRONGEST WEAPON guy who cannot stop jerking off over that shitty aztec weapon.

There is simply no logic to equipping an army with anything besides spears and pikes. Which is why that's what 100% of armies were equipped with. They are both cheaper and more effective than swords, especially in those numbers

It's a low durability, extreme damage weapon. again, carry spares. Katanas are neckbeard joke things for a reason. For ranged, if we asume rifles are a no-no, use the Chinese Cho-Ku-No. It's a semi-auto crossbow with low muzzle velocity but is often aided by toxic pastes on the bamboo bolts. This weapon made Chinese royalty sweat as it was, also, very easy to make and use.

You sound like you work retail.

well, Aztec Jaguard certainly were outmatched by technologically superior Europeans, but, they were feared by other tribes before that as they can reside in jungles indefinately and had death whistles that whittled away the morale of the enemy before disemboweling them and burning the survivors while they were impaled. stuff was brutal.

>i'd choose the weapon that literally means "hand wood"
color me surprised

bros ever since i bought a whetstone i've been fanatically sharpening everything

my knives cut like razors. my spatula has an edge you can see your face in. i even rebeveled my pizza cutter

This is bullshit

actually swordfighting looked like this

>hundreds of men
No.

I did once, for my uncle. I was the muscle and background guy. I can't handle customers as my stupidity tolerance is 0.

That's another reason to use it. Innuendo and all.

Attached: its obvious.png (800x1035, 100K)

youtube.com/watch?v=4GoQlvc_H3s

There was one dude in Japanese history who allegedly killed a few hundred people in one battle, but he was also a giant (allegedly north of 6'6) among midgets (the average male height at that time was 5'1)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benkei

I doubt he really killed hundreds but I'm sure a 6'6 guy had a nice time in sword combat.

How good is neurotoxic venom in combat IRL? you need neuro as other toxins need a rampup time you can't afford.

>300 bucks
>175cm long
I WANT TO MAKE A MISTAKE

Attached: hanwei lowlander.jpg (432x1202, 75K)

Is this the most aesthetic weapon in the world?

Attached: 1493969725891.jpg (527x702, 79K)

Looks awkward. If you're buying a sword to have fun with, get something light that you can swing around in your back yard for hours.

Nigger did you even read that article, that is 100% folklore hogwash.

Nah, Flamberge is.

the LEAST aesthetic weapon is the Flemish Goedendag (good day) it's a mace and spear hybrid. yarly.

Post it.

This thread made me search for swords on craigslist and it turns out there are some. I wonder how long it'll take before I cut myself.

>craigslist

Why? You'll be buying extremely overpriced paperweights. Get a Hanwei sword if you want to cut stuff.

>Not being a Goedendagchad

Attached: dscf5376-1.jpg (960x1024, 186K)

Here, these things were sturdy enough to put down as temporary horse skewers. worked great.

Attached: goedendagweapon.jpg (800x800, 143K)

This is way too easy. Should be 5 things, with revisions to the way computer and certain of the food items work. For most anons this is a massive upgrade.

Get a good long spear, then we'll talk.

bows > spears > swords

>implications of such a nature
Intelligence > all

Attached: 172837182732.jpg (640x360, 117K)

>Iron is iron, impurities on it just burn away in the forging process i think.
You cannot forge a blade out of powdered iron (what Japan generally had) like you can with a blade forge from ingots smelt from ore. It just doesn't work that way.

why not? I know iron powder burns and leaves iron ore powder behind, but you can use that? heck, you could even use ''seed'' iron and put the iron dust in water with the seed. rust Crystals will grow on it, toss that in. Or is this knowledge too much for that time?

my nigga

Attached: 1135-4.jpg (917x1213, 991K)

>computer
>internet
>windows
>luxury living
>groceries
>drinks
>pen and paper
>books
>audio
>doctors
Is this supposed to be hard?

This. Blades and such are for philistines and dunces. As the saying goes, the fedora is mightier than the sword.

Magic > All

PC, TV, Consoles, Windows, Furniture, Internet, Groceries, Training Equipment, Audio Equipment, and I guess doctors.
Don't even need the money, just let me keep living that life.

Why swwdish cuisine in particular?

>tfw they killed the scorpion lady off
It's not fair

>If I legit had to choose a weapon I'd choose the macuahuitl
>this cunt is still around

Attached: mel2.jpg (996x682, 104K)

Japanese had no access to raw iron ore in the way that non-island countries did due to being on a volcanic island. Instead they used powdered iron or "sand" iron, which needs to be burned, heated, treated with charcoal, then smelted into a billet. At this point the quality of steel is still dramatically lower than that of steel smelted from regular ore using typical european techniques.

From there Japanese smiths would simply take this low quality steel and fold it hundreds of times, alternating between various techniques that would eventually result in a curved blade. The steel itself is still forged in a way that's so poor that once the shape of the blade takes in the early stages, it can't be altered, else the blade will have brittle spots and be useless. It is then polished with varying grinds autistically for a week or more to ensure that the steel isn't ruined, as said before, it can't be reforged due to the way sand iron must be smelted and forged.

The entire process takes upwards of 3 weeks, with some katana reportedly taking 3 months depending on the quality of iron. The resulting weapons were generally "masterwork" in the eyes of the japanese, because the process was basically "mythical" in that they were turning junk metals into extremely sharp blades, which is where all this reverence comes from in their culture.

Despite this Katanas are notoriously poor-quality compared to other steel weapons due to all of these "masterwork" techniques simply being unable to overcome poor metallurgy and poor materials. Japanese blades were made for their keen edge, not durability or longevity. Even the best katanas are prone to rust, dull exceptionally fast in use, and if stored improperly will generally become dull junk in only a few years. Add in the fact that sharpening a katana's edge quickly ruins the weapon, and you have an undependable weapon that turns to junk after only a few months of use, which is why everyone used spears and bows instead.

Easily my favorite weeb weapon. Code Vein can't come quick enough.

Attached: knoife.jpg (480x360, 27K)

sååd

Looks like it's made from kitchen ware

Attached: 1490631809967.jpg (499x499, 50K)

>I can even cut slabs of solid noobs with my katana controller

Attached: 1532781033383.jpg (386x374, 31K)

>ywn be so strong you can just pick up a stick and fuck everybody up
Why even live?