youtu.be/O8wZfpI_QgE
youtube.com/watch?v=3KblR5xT-JM
youtube.com/watch?v=xLmQ3a-7oU8
youtube.com/watch?v=ymNbe47KbXs
youtube.com/watch?v=NWDYjl8Drm8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

thanks to that pic, my cock

Kys faggots.

Dragon Quest XI. Going to try and finish Octopath and Xenoblade 2 one day but they're pretty boring.

Attached: 20190402195200_1.jpg (1920x1080, 370K)

what are some actually engaging jrpgs
i tried DQXI and it felt so empty

Persona 2: Innocent Sin, PSX fan translation. S'more comfy than the PSP version imo

Attached: cb9737f1b1c94ecc67fb4e67d196907c.jpg (600x900, 70K)

Divinity 2 original sin, modded with nude lizard people

I played DQ XI, but couldn't finish it. Boring piece of shit. Playing Chocobo Dungeon on Switch.

Playing ys origin. Haven't found a good jrpg in a while so I'm going back to replay ones I liked.
Is that 7th dragon? Is there anything that sets it apart from other dungeon crawlers?

7th Dragon was so shit. I don't know why I finished the series. Probably because I really liked the art

Attached: 1511150875685.jpg (1023x768, 536K)

second continent in dragon quest 5, really good with battle messages at max speed

Reposting for my bros who wanted to play Arcturus (old RPG by Gravity, the Ragnarok Online devs).

romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=23958.0
mega(DOT)nz/#!XxUxVagT!F6h4GcUfwXQfMZiRCR2zBeY8AAEWJNKt3sUE2jeJZ_I

Attached: XVIepHo.jpg (1024x768, 223K)

If only that game didn't go to complete shit after Act II and the gameplay wasn't so braindead it would have been pretty good.
Luckily, mods make it a lot more fun than vanilla, at least visually.
I recently tried to make another run but I just dropped it after getting to Act 4, it's just so boring and the though of getting through Lucian's crypt again is frankly horrifying.
Also, not a JRPG you fucking faggot.

Attached: Name my band.jpg (1920x1080, 955K)

I'm just slowly killing every single living thing in the game after they stop being useful and doing generally being evil, who knew quest npcs would be so weak
I loved Ragnarok, redpill me on Arcturus

Persona 5...again. Have to play it before the filth of the Earth get their hands on.

Attached: persona_5_1009794.jpg (640x360, 37K)

I just picked up demon gaze 2 so i'll probably be playing that tonight, my dudes.

FFVII
This game is so depressing. I assume most people played it as a kid and so didn't realize how depressing the world is, and when they replay as adults they have nostalgia for the memories they made playing it as a child.
When you play it for the first time as an adult though, it's pretty fucking grim.

Are you guys talking about this game? Just read about it today, does it suck that much?

Attached: 2176screenshot2.png (256x384, 54K)

last time i played a jrpg was at my friends house a couple weeks ago, i think it was vesperia chronicles or something like that. it seemed decent, i solved the vault puzzle for him it was hilarious.. hes bad a puzzles

I sort of understand what you're saying, but elaborate.

d-did u ever saw your friend's bulge while you were in his room?

Welsh catgirl simulator.

Attached: 1514033565294.png (271x351, 140K)

tales of zestiria after not being able to get into symphonia. Enjoying it despite all the hate it get.

youtu.be/O8wZfpI_QgE
based

>Hate
That is often regarded as the best tales game. Do not listen to Yea Forums's contrary opinions.

Playing Growlanser IV off of a recommendation.
At first I was really turned off of the gameplay but it's warmed to me.

Going to play summon night 6 next and then maybe double back around to breath of fire. Or maybe Sigma Star Saga if that counts

7th dragon 2020 was so fucking good but jesus christ, VFD was ABSOLUTE TRASH. Man I really wanted to like it but it was too much

Got a PS2 and pic related from a mom and pop shop for $100. Heard its good so hoping ill enjoy it.

Attached: SH_covenant.jpg (256x365, 48K)

Wait really? I always heard the zestiria was the worse and symphonia was the best, granted I've only ever seen people talk about them on Yea Forums. I just thought i was crazy or something

Daily reminder that Dark Souls isn't a JRPG; it's a WRPG that happened to be made by a japanese company.

This, and I will never touch it as a result.

2020 was decent, but 2020 II is better in every way, don't really know what they were thinking with VFD, I don't even understand how it can somehow look and run worse than the PSP games, that was one of the games that started giving me buyer's remorse about the 3DS in general by how garbage it was.

hes a pasty blonde whiteboy and im a foreign(lost my tan tho) italian invader and we play hot steamy anime games together
he also told me the color of his penis is darker than he feels like what is normal, and that was when... i told him he was a fucking retard and laughed
im glad to have an old childhood friend, were on our way to having been friends for 20 years. i would take a bullet for my bro

Attached: 1553373700878.jpg (252x244, 10K)

The first one is the only that comes close to decent, it's akin to DQ and has EO's skill trees, but the game difficulty sucks. It mostly comes from the fact that literally 90% of the world is covered in damage tiles, there's FOE style enemies on the map too, and the encounter rate is super high, If you have the classes to mitigate those things, the game ends up pretty easy for the most part, or you can play the US patched version that lowers the encounter rate. The sequels are in a completely different style that hardly even resembles the original,

Hey it's pretty fun nigger but ya act 3 is kinda shit, i hear the Definitive version rewrite it though, did you play it yet?

2020 II I'm still playing. I'm right after the poison dragon and yea, it seems the same good old 2020 but with the difficulty turned up a few notches. VFD was a massive fucking piece of shit. From the absolutely generic story that tried really hard to force drama to the forgettable songs and the final boss fight that was literally spam debuffs vs spam debuffs. only good thing were the additional classes since fem Banisher is a total qt. Also VFD was shit because it didn't have the best 2020 song in it
youtube.com/watch?v=3KblR5xT-JM

What's a good Persona clone to keep me busy while I wait for the announcements

Working on Disk 1 Omnislash
You too? I never did hit just how extra morbid this game until playing the switch version.

Imagepoch was in the fucking shitter and went bankrupt before the game even came out, I'm sure that had a lot to do with the dip in quality.

Literally only good for the art and music. The original DS game was the one passable entry. Would honestly play a 4th but it's dead Jim.

Attached: 00154.jpg (1280x1812, 598K)

It was Gravity's claim to fame before they made RO, and it's often said that to have inspired the Legend of Heroes games from Trails in the Sky onward.
It's a bit janky, but I've been enjoying it so far. SoundTeMP did the music for it as well.

Ys Origin. IX isn't coming for a long time but it made want to play again.

Attached: Ys.Origin.full.541144 (1).jpg (1280x960, 304K)

Ever play the first? Or Kuldelka? If not they also great.

Im playing Xenoblade chronicles 1. Its very impressive for a wii game.

>inspired the Legend of Heroes games from Trails in the Sky onward
I always wondered why the Sky engine reminded me so much of Gravity. Not him, but I'll try it. Thanks.

Attached: ed999afadd3393030ae50d8d8b5dcaca.jpg (700x437, 72K)

>forgettable songs

I had many complaints about the game but the music wasn't one of them. Yuzo Koshiro is a god as always, and it had sasakure.uk too

youtube.com/watch?v=xLmQ3a-7oU8

youtube.com/watch?v=ymNbe47KbXs

youtube.com/watch?v=NWDYjl8Drm8

Thinking about starting back up on Dragon Quest Builders if I can pull myself away from Ace Attorney.

I don't know man, none of those do anything for me. Maybe I'm just to disillusioned with the game to even like anything from it. I'm sure it has some positive stuff but I just can't see it. In particular the 3rd that plays when you kill your boss-1st dragon-mommy was super meh to me

>did you play it yet?
I did, that's precisely the version of the run I recently dropped.
The rewrite didn't really change much, the game still goes to complete shit after act 2, act 3 is virtually unchanged outside of a few more convos with NPCs, and I dropped Act 4 in the middle of it after dealing with Sanguinia because frankly I was bored to tears and wasn't looking forward to do the whole stuff like Klemm, Arhu and Lucian another time.
What's worse, they added more stuff to Act 2 instead of the last two, so they didn't fix a damn thing, in fact they made it worse by making Act 2 even better.

The DE did make balance a little less stupid, though again, it didn't really fix any of the horrible things about the entire battle systems, it's just that Lone Wolf/Necro/Poli have been nerfed abit, actually, it would be fair to say Necro has been rebalanced more than nerfed, but again, the combat is just as braindead as it was, they didn't fix crafting being nonexistent, they didn't fix the horrible gear scaling and so on, iirc they did fix a few cheese strategies for bosses, but it doesn't really mind since of those two old strategies you can't use there's still other three valid ones.

tl;dr: it was just as disappointing as the original release, just with a dumb squirrel and some polish here and there.

I made a 3ds theme with this picture, good times.

played it for a bit earlier today, 1 hour in and still not a single battle, plus that fucking ship part was unbearable. Hopefully it picks up the pace now that the introduction seems to be over.

Attached: based and shotapilled.jpg (1024x768, 339K)

FFxiii, i'm really enjoying it despite all the hate it received

What exactly didn't you like about it? You say the story was shit but I thought I was fine, up until the ending of course.

eh each to their own i guess, i enjoy the game alot

Attached: 1554466476389.png (424x655, 237K)

I see there are some people shitting on 7th Dragon in this thread. I only ever played the first one (DS) and not the ones after, but I will say that the first 7th Dragon is unironically ludo-kino tier. Probably one of the best RPGs SEGA has *ever* put out. No joke. It still is in my top 10 RPG of all time. Some people say the series went downhill afterwards which I obviously cannot comment on. But the first one, trust me, is top-tier.

Attached: 066_062.jpg (2424x3481, 3.43M)

Nah it still a discount Etrian Odssedy

There are four games in the series though. The original, 2020, 2020-II and VFD.

D:OS 2 isn't a what I'd call a bad game, but it has a lot of horrible, horrible problems, and for a game with such a wonderful first and second acts, customization options and care in level design, it's almost criminal to have such braindead combat, barely existent roleplay and offensively bad enemy design.
Most of the time you're killing random NPCs with a different costume and progressively inflated stats, on a basic battle design that is barely one step above a DQ game, but with tons of fodder that that makes everything slower and needlessly convoluted for the sake of some pretense of "complexity".

I was super hyped when they announced the game would have six different main characters and custom ones, it's by far my favorite design for RPGs since SaGa games spoiled me with that, but the general execution of the game is frankly terrible, outside of again, Act 1 and 2 which are amazing notwithstanding the barely passable combat, which is still a lot better than the majority of CRPGs, especially modern ones.
In all honesty, the first game was mechanically better despite everything, if only D:OS2 didn't look so much better and gave you better customization I'd prefer playing D:OS1 over 2 for the combat and mechanical balance alone, really the usual case of one step forward and two steps back.
Nah, the first one is pretty mediocre, the series only became a bit better with the 2020 duology and even there it was still a cheap Etrian knockoff in terms of actual gameplay, as the other user says, and I don't really like Etrian either, 7th Dragon beats it on anything but battle mechanics for me.

What game is this from?

Toal Fact best protag and best bro.

If the first game is compareable to DQ then the ones after are basically like final fantasy, the 3 person party, battles, and skill systems all fell shallow, you can barely call all the locations dungeons, and it's mostly about spamming your strongest moves with the occasionally debuff. It's a mediocre series overall that's carried by its art and music.

Attached: aaa.jpg (381x408, 56K)

>Xenoblade 2
As a man who has logged in even more time since I took this screenshot, Xenoblade 2 is vastly overrated on Yea Forums, and if you don't find amusement with it by Chapter 3, don't bother because the game won't get good again for another 30 hours.

Attached: itsokay.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

Are you talking about Original Sin or Seventh Dragon?

kiseki no nayuta, stopped because it was fucking boring aside from the 1 boss fight i played but i couldnt last to the next one that game is fucking DULL

I haven't played one in a while, actually. I dropped Tales of Vesperia about 60 hours into a first-time hard mode run. I just burned out by the return to Zaphias and ended up playing other games that came out this year.

I finished the main game last night and started a new game+ but I just reached Umon's shipyard and I realized I can't be assed to not only finish the game again but then grind some more to unlock all the new skills and blades.
I started NG+ with 99 cores of each type and I'm still missing Akhos and all my rolls keep trying for Akhos and I keep getting thunder blades.
150:45:28 play time and I don't have all the blades and since I'm slogging through NG+ I can't go farm.
I couldn't break 389 Agility on Morag so she eats everything thrown her way. Hopefully NG+ skills will fix her.
I suck shit at Tiger Tiger so Poppi and Tora suck.
I poured all my blades onto Zekenator and I don't get him until later so I'm stuck with Rex.
Nia is my saving grace and is perfect in every way. But I get the feeling she would be more useful as a blade rather than my dedicated healer with all the HLR blades

Attached: 1554072747115.png (632x768, 151K)

How many of you JRPGlets have even played the Ancient Cave in Lufia 2? It's an entirely random 100 floor dungeon that apes roguelikes. I've only beaten it twice in dozens of tries.

Attached: 1525203401704.jpg (480x360, 25K)

got damn i can't play xenoblade games that long, they're good to put down for months and play whenever though

It's main issue is its very bad at teaching you how to actually play the game.

7D, unless those all apply to divinity somehow

Ah, I was wondering why you'd say D:OS was carried by its completely forgettable music, makes a lot more sense.
And yeah, I have to agree with that all in all, the gameplay is serviceable but definitely nothing special at all, still don't know how VFD ended up so bad but it's something it will probably never be answered.
Still, I liked the style of the 2020 duology, it felt very SEGA-ish, and as an old boomer who grew up with SEGA stuff it's a bit of an achilles heel for me.

It doesn't help that most of it's full gameplay concepts can't even be pulled off till like Chapter 4/5. I remember actively trying to hit a Blade Combo for the longest time and everything dying prior to me pulling it off. Then there's the "Seal" system which I never thought of or really utilized at all, and don't understand why it's there.

>decide I want to pick this back up
>save corrupted
Ffffuck

Attached: SoA.jpg (416x512, 45K)

I enjoyed the game a lot more after getting tips from someone who knew their shit.

Got Dragon's Dogma for PC relatively recently, and this annoying popup keeps showing up after resting at an inn. Something about online features not working anymore. What is it referring to?

Only online feature I remember was using people's pawns
Also, play Dragon's Dogma Online

Not sure if it counts but Charles Barkley's Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden. Pretty fun, combat system is entertaining and humour is on point. Although the power gap between some of the characters can be annoying.

Attached: Screenshot (123).png (320x240, 18K)

what game

The seal system really makes little sense. The few bosses where sealing might be useful really aren't, because they're either immune to them or make the whole battle a slog since you can't set up multiple orbs for a chain attack.

Persona 2 Innocent Sin, psp remake on the vita, while listening to the ost of Boogiepop and Others. It's quite mellow

Attached: prologue2-w00t.png (320x240, 50K)

You’re supposed to be able to use other player’s pawns and vice versa, and when you rested at an inn the game would give you any ratings and tips your pawn had received from other players, along with an amount of RC based on how much stuff they killed while they were there