Bomberman

Why was Bomberman the only assist trophy to have these Smash countdown posts? Was it a way to show that he is still an important character despite not being playable, or was it just Konami that wanted to throw a bone to him?

Attached: DtNlXNUU0AICaq8.jpg (1200x675, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

miketendo64.com/2018/12/08/gallery-all-super-smash-bros-ultimate-countdown-art-and-screens/
youtube.com/watch?v=gBU1AsfduJg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>or was it just konami that wanted to throw a bone to him
Maybe, doubtful though.

Attached: 1554227256247.jpg (550x598, 78K)

Assist trophy's aren't a bad thing user.

>trophy is are not

Monster Hunter had one too

playable character > boss fight > assist trophy > jpeg/trophy

This. Only rosterfags see them as a slap in the face.

Before interet speculation really ran rampant during smash 4 announcements, it was seen as an honor to just be included in the game in some form. By fans. To Sakurai, however, he still sees this as true. Assist trophies, trophies, spirits, mii costumes being third party still were intended to honor them. You were suppose to go "oh cool bomberman is in the game too as an assist trophy" not "aw poor bomberman couldn't make it as a real character and is relegated to assist trophy"

When did he say it was?

nobody would complain if assists could be used like summons. Why the hell is this not a thing yet?

Reminder that a Plant got in before your most wanted

Frogger for Smash

I play with items off so the chance of me seeing (let alone playing) my favorite vidya character is 0

They’re a bad thing.
>only virgins respond “reeee no item playing tryhard/tournyfag” to this post

Probably both. I swear he's one of the more advertised assist trophies. You can see him on the official website and one of the achievements. Even in the E3 direct they talked about him more than a second, unlike Waluigi for example.
New Bomberman anime/cartoon when? Jetters was pretty good (my favorite video game-based show), didn't really see B-Daman.

If you don't mind what's essentially the spiritual successor to 4kids having a heavy hand in its production, sure.

cool a psuedo bomberman thread. Is it worth emulating this?

Attached: Bomberman Generation.jpg (960x540, 398K)

Awesome a Bomberman threa-
>It's Smash autism
Fuck you.
Yeah, it's alright.

Attached: 60921278_p0.png (1280x1324, 1.2M)

jigglypuff got in before bomberman so i don't think it's a big deal.

64 is better

I'll play that one too then, but how is Generation?
Is the pet aspect weird?

Generation is pretty good, abit frustrating sometimes, haven't beaten it myself, but I have the actual game. If you plan on playing Generation, and like it, Jetters is almost the same.

What is the context of this image?

I wish you'd stop making these falseflag threads. I guess Geno and Isaac ran their course so now you have to go after Bomberman.

He wasn't you dumb Bomberman poster.

Attached: Mario_and_Rathalos_artwork.jpg (2048x1536, 455K)

They had a countdown to the game's release, and each day closer they'd upload a picture on Twitter, a lot of companies jumped on the bandwagon.
Bomberman was the only character that isn't playable that had a countdown all to him, which is really odd. Upsetting too since I was one of the many people who genuinely wanted him in since Brawl...

miketendo64.com/2018/12/08/gallery-all-super-smash-bros-ultimate-countdown-art-and-screens/

>Is the pet aspect weird?
No, they act like power-ups that give you different abilities each.

But as that user said 64 (and TSA) is a way better game than Generation is. It's way more ambitious and creative, though getting the true ending can be a pain.

Attached: 63245260_p22.png (500x500, 154K)

Don't quote me on this, but I think it's the same as the Charabom system in the GBA games. That side game was funner than it needed to be.

Yeah but Bomberman's has just him though.
The only four to compare is Mario's fighting Rathalos, Isabelle/Villager with the towns people in the backround, Bayonetta with Rodin on the side, and the many Pokémon of course.
All of which have a playable character with them.
Honestly, it's almost like he was gonna be playable at one point or something.

Attached: ReallyMakesYouThink.png (500x280, 88K)

Is Bomberman not good enough to be a playable character or something? It's unlikely any smash following this one will have as large and varied a cast, so was this his best chance of getting in?

I just want a new decent Frogger game

Attached: beedul.png (143x232, 70K)

Probably issues with the moveset more than anything else. He really doesn't do anything other than throw bombs and kick bombs. He can't even jump outside of games nobody likes to bring up.

>He can't even jump outside of games nobody likes to bring up
How dare you say that about Pocket Bomberman

Attached: tumblr_pn56jnn6pn1qa6wvao2_1280.gif (700x416, 753K)

I was talking more Bomberman 64 and Second Attack but those were just okay at best too.

If I had to pick between Bomberman and the repped Konami IPs, I'd rather not trade Snake or Simon in for Bomberman. We got some good ass castlevania content and metal gear mixes in the game and trading one of those for bomberman wouldn't have been a good deal.

Bomberman hero is my favorite bomberman game. And even I know they don't want to go back to that.

Attached: an hero.jpg (620x435, 215K)

Why didn't we get Bomberman music at least? Seemed like a waste.

>Bomberman 64 and Second Attack
But he can't jump in those games... and those are the best Bomberman games what are you on.

Attached: yeet.gif (147x200, 65K)

I don't remember probably hero the N64 ones are kind of a blur to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=gBU1AsfduJg

Coming up with a moveset has never been a problem before, like fuck P. Plant doesn't even do the one thing he's known for since their very first introduction. Spitting fireballs.

Attached: t h i s.jpg (3000x3000, 187K)

He does actually. Back air.

>like fuck P. Plant doesn't even do the one thing he's known for since their very first introduction
What did he mean by this?

Dude if Pacman and Isabelle can be fighters I don't think moveset is the problem. There's a lot you can do with just bombs, especially considering how many different kinds actually show up in this series. That isn't even factoring in charabom assists, louie, the hero vehicle transformations, or multiplayer map hazards like magnets, reverse arrows, warps, etc.

Pocket Bomberman is great and I'm glad someone besides me has heard of it.

It's okay. Not great not bad. As other anons said 64 is better to play if you haven't already, that seems like it's consistently the most popular Bomberman game. Though really all three 64 games are great and unique and pretty well liked.

I love bomberman

Attached: bomberman.jpg (431x468, 31K)

The 64 games are peak Bomberman singleplayer. Multiplayer is a different story however.

Attached: 65165403_p0.png (480x640, 429K)

Anyone who has that tier list in terms of what the best and worst Bomberman games are? I'm in the mood to play some Bomberman.

I think TSA has the best multiplayer in the series, but that's fair to say about 64 and especially Hero.

Never got why so many people seemed to like 64's multiplayer. I hate to say it's just cause they haven't played other Bomberman games, but I can't really see what else it could be.

I'll admit pic related is a great map though, wish it got brought over to TSA

Attached: Up_and_Down.png (240x240, 86K)

How the fuck have they not made a Bomberman Frogger crossover yet?
Cmon Konami, Froggerman is right there

It's alright. If you got the time to kill it's a food way to light it up.

Frogger and Contra are kind of dead aren't they? They wouldn't have been given to that office if they weren't.

I'd recommend Bomberman Blast for the Wii, but since the Wii Shop Channel is gone you'd have to find a way to emulate it. But it's really worth it.
Lots of modes and features and crisp gameplay.

Attached: Blast.png (600x337, 390K)

Play:
The 64 games
The Super series
Tournament
Saturn
DS 2

Some of the best Bomberman games.
Despite 64's multiplayer style being a bit too different and lackluster, I do wish they used and improved on it with the later games rather than just abandoning it after one game.

Attached: 54136891_p0.jpg (3800x5000, 2.67M)

With how much Bomberman fags are kicking and screaming recently I honestly don't feel at all bad for you

Guy who decided to emulate generation here. I can already tell the mini games may be bullshit

that being said I'm enjoying it

That's fine user.

They really weren't until autists starting shitflinging each other with BTFO'D XDDDD posts and made people hate them when it's their character that got AT'd.

But I still find it unusual for a 3rd party to be one, but in the case of Bomberman, you had Simon. Makes me wish they could have gave use Lloyd Irving if they were going to pull the same thing with Bomberman.

People wouldn't be saying BTFO if retards wouldn't get so upset at them.

I play with items sometimes, but I only like the ones that aren't stupid overpowered. I like the hammer cause there's ways to counter it if you can hit low or with a quick projectile, but it's still a strong item to have. Golden Hammer is just fucking retarded.

Assist Trophies are way too strong in ultimate so I keep them off. Which is too bad cause they're a cool item, but getting Tiki or one of the other strong ones will win the game for you and that just isn't fun for anyone.

this, items can be fun and assist trophies are an excellent idea but some of them are just so fucking overpowered it ruins the game.
if they had a toggle for each like items then i could leave them on.

>they're the only trophies in a game full of pngs from Google images
Spirits were a mistake.

>People wouldn't be saying BTFO if retards wouldn't get so upset at them
Oh sweet summer child. That is not how shitposting works. Just being an annoying cunt like Minecraft Stevefags proves it doesn't matter if it personally hurt you, it's fucking shitposting and it works for the retards doing them. Don't play dumb.

It's just the west really, we're ungreatful cunts like that.

Same reason why Sakurai tweeted out (in english) to not spam his twitter feed with character suggestions because Nintendo already picked them out. Sakurai doesn't tweet in english ever, and that tweet didn't even have Japanese text in it.

As clear as day, western smash fans are ungrateful, stupid, and ravenous. I remember people being upset that Shovel Knight was an assist trophy, when to me it was amazing that this indie fuck is in a Smash Bros game.

>That is not how shitposting works.
Yeah it is. Assist trophies causing a big negative reaction to rosterfags is exactly why we have BTFOfags nowadays.

It doesn't help that Sakurai sees them as a means to put certain characters in the game without actually putting them in the game.

Attached: 1546393303449.png (1368x1334, 207K)