Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zw47_q9wbBE
zelda.gamepedia.com/Thunder_Helm
resetera.com
youtube.com/watch?v=w6NkNgI1ssw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Congratulations I guess

Still mad, I see

The textures aren't bad. The real visual problems are the washed colors and the pop up of entities like enemies, animals and NPCs occurring a few meters from the camera.

i wish the style of the characters were consistent to the terrain or vice versa

seething

Attached: 1509482724882.jpg (700x913, 111K)

3 years

Attached: 1526099244278.jpg (800x750, 77K)

>You cant dislike a single aspect game you played
It's a good game but hard to look at

The combat is trash.

Hated pop in
Loved everything else

your mother is trash

Attached: 1455517885092s.jpg (125x125, 3K)

Do. Not. Dislike. This. Game.

You've been warned.

Attached: 1549978086731.jpg (698x1482, 198K)

Cool

>The combat is trash.
The combat was fine and better than most Zelda games have to offer. The choice to fuck baddies with the chemistry system and physics engine alone gives more options than most modern games if you're not a brainlet about it

Attached: Jesus.jpg (1242x912, 106K)

Things I don't mind about Zelda:

>the story, while extremely cringeworthy and filled with moments that made me want to kill every NPC I saw, was not very abundant
>the textures and graphics weren't a big issue because I'm not a graphics whore. It could look like a Ps2 game and i honestly wouldn't mind
>the combat was okay I guess, as well as the physics system

What I cannot tolerate, and will not listen to anyone defend.

>how casual and easy everything is, and how the hard mode does nothing but add in regenerating health with a bunch of other useless nonsense
>how many crutches the game gives you to trivialize combat
>the horrific performance that never once kept a stable 30 FPS,
>how the game promises you freedom, but then lies to you and forces you down specific paths (how you're allowed to approach the divine beasts, the entirety of the gerudo village, being able to kill NPCs, etc)

It frustrates me how these problems ruin what could've been a nice game.

Attached: havin a real think.png (603x460, 327K)

how buttblasted do you need to be to make that image?

>The choice to fuck baddies with the chemistry system and physics engine alone gives more options than most modern games if you're not a brainlet about it

But it falls apart once you start seeing the black and silver enemies, where such tactics barely scratch them.

Cope.

Ironically enough, they can just be button mashed to death, since my experience taught me that they don't have better AI. Or at least they never used it against me. I just pulled out a spear and smashed that like button until they died. The only enemy I can say I ever died to was the lynels, and they're really formulaic after the first fight. Criminy, they should not be susceptible to timestop or flurry rushing. That broke almost every fight in the game.

>you can't do literally anything anytime 0/10

Said the nintendork posting the same image for 2 years

>>how the game promises you freedom, but then lies to you and forces you down specific paths (how you're allowed to approach the divine beasts, the entirety of the gerudo village, being able to kill NPCs, etc)
why are you lying on the internet

stupid thread, this discussion has been finished years ago.

Not an argument

>OOT, a game from before 2000, let you sneak around the gerudo base and utilize stealth before you could befriend them
>and this was when they were closely tied to Ganondorf and Twinrova, aka the two most evil entities in Hyrule

>BOTW, a game in 2017, doesn't allow you any stealth options, and you have to follow one strict path no matter how unfun it is

Go ahead, enlighten me as to how you can enter the gerudo outpost without crossdressing. Tell me how you can get the gerudo to stop hating Voe for whatever stupid reason they have. And perhaps you can explain why they STILL hate you after you helped calm Vah Naboris.

I wish it looked this good. but it doesn’t, at all. they went a little too far on the cartoonish side.

Attached: 6C289185-9402-44C6-BD27-0D9D2C7F8143.jpg (1280x720, 80K)

>>the horrific performance that never once kept a stable 30 FPS
maybe don't play on an emulator? there are 2 specific places where the switch version has frame drops, and that was fixed with a patch within 2 weeks of release

cope harder, snoy

The shrines are one of the worst things I have ever seen in any game. They are absolute fucking trash and unacceptable in a game that is trying to present a believable world.

they don't hate you, dumb fuck. did you even play the game?

Holy shit this lying is insane. The frame rate tanks in any village.

Emulator? I played it on the Switch, and it constantly dropped to 25 anytime I fought multiple enemies. It hit 20 whenever I hit a village, and it dropped to 10 when I got to the korok woods. You call this optimized?

>they don't hate you, dumb fuck
I guess that's why they threaten to murder you if you attempt to go into their outpost without your disguise?

never once happened to me, i played on wii u.

>Wanting to kill NPCs in a Nintendo game.

Attached: jpip1hU.jpg (640x421, 79K)

based
fuck nintendies

Attached: Tom Clancy's The Division® 22019-3-22-21-57-32.jpg (3840x2160, 793K)

Not him, but you remember where we are, right?

Niggas been postin' wojaks since 2010, 2011.
Our entire board is full of dorks reposting dumb unfunny shit (for deflection or otherwise) for nearly a DECADE NOW

Yes, what's wrong with that? I take special offense at how the gerudo can't even be fought despite them being a tribe of proud warrior women. but the game doesn't let you anywhere near them because "that would be politically incorrect" like this was some kind of tumblr game.

not being allowed in their town doesn't mean they hate you

cry more

you seem to think the gerudo should be "bad guys" and that just isn't how they are presented at all

It'll take 3 generations until Nintendorks get games that look like this

Attached: 20181119185034_1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.94M)

They literally threaten to kill you if you even try and go near them. Did you miss that convenient cutscene where, if you try and enter the city, they throw you out and point spears at you? I'm pretty sure they're not toy spears either.

Now, when I save all of their asses from Vah Naboris hurling lightning and sand storms everywhere, do they change even a tiny bit? When I prove that I'm the legendary knight here to help them stop calamity ganon, do they bat even a tiny eyebrow?

Why is the PC not wearing two layers of clothing?

they have a rule they are enforcing. if i tried to enter Mexico illegally they would kick me out too, it doesn't mean Mexicans hate me.

>they have a rule that they enforce for no reason, one which was going to get them all killed if I didn't break it and help save them
>they do nothing to change this rule even after being shown how stupid it is

That whole bit about Mexico is retarded too. They hate everyone from America. If you're found in Mexico, you get beheaded by cartels, or cut open so they can use you to smuggle drugs into the country. So yes, I have a reason to angrily hate them too.

>The real visual problems are the washed colors
true
>and the pop up of entities like enemies, animals and NPCs occurring a few meters from the camera
what? no? you can literally see every animal, enemies, and NPCs in the distance

He's playing in CEMU.

user, in the first Zelda Link is given a fucking stick to aid him in his quest against ganon.
A fucking stick.
Nobody gives a fuck about heroes in Hyrule.
Nobody cares.

you're basically complaining that fictional characters don't act how you want them too. i think you might have autism. oh and mexicans love me. especially the cartels.

its not a Snoy game

Attached: 20181118175735_1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.76M)

i swear im the only one that thought that scene looked worse
the only things that look nicer are the rocks. the lighting, grass, and world design are much better in the final game

all of that can be seen in CEMU as well
and if he was using CEMU he wouldnt be complaining about the washed out colors since in CEMU you can adjust that to your likings

So why am I not allowed to kill these gerudo for basically impeding my quest and making my life harder? Because it would be "mean spirited"? Hmmm? I can't even sneak around them like in OOT. They automatically detect you no matter where you are. Worst game design I've ever seen.

>you're basically complaining that fictional characters don't act how you want them too.
i'm complaining about a lack of freedom in a game that promised pure freedom.

>being able to kill NPCs
Naw, man, you’re just bitter at life.

nobody ever promised you pure freedom, dummy

Really? So the entirety of Zelda's marketing campaign wasn't "YOU CAN DO ANYTHING"? At no point did they ever advertise the term "freedom" even once?

why don't you go ahead and show these ads that say you can do anything.

My real issue with this game is the horrible pop in.

Say CEMU again.

Attached: raw.gif (410x200, 722K)

Wait till you see the borderlands 3 trailer

This game has horrible pop in you delusional retard. trees, rocks, flowers, and grass will phase in and out of existence by the 5 meter mark.

>55.1kB
Nice bait faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=zw47_q9wbBE

>OPEN AIR ADVENTURE

I'm pretty sure that's crystal clear as to what their intention was.

Based as Almighty Fuck

>2016
>Switch and Breath of the Wild are being marketed
>nu Yea Forums screen shots everything saying that this will finally be the time nintendo fails and goes 3rd party
>breath of the wild will suck
>It get's game of the year
>Switch sells well
>2 years later nu Yea Forums still makes passive aggressive threads stating anything like "games that appeal to lgbt" with cross dressing link
>When they get called out on it they go "Nono! It's not a bad game! It just has this problem! It's criticism!" when in actuality it's literally nothing that they desperately fish for someone to defend it, deluding themselves into believing that anyone who defends it is a seething npc
>Actual critics give it a 97

I don't know what happened to generation z but I sure am disappointed in it

Attached: mfw.png (856x681, 779K)

You absolutely can't, go play the game right now (on the actual hardware). Glide around and see what happens.

He's been traumatised for two fucking years.

>complaining about graphics
God I fucking HATE zoomers

This. And I only hate it because it makes it difficult to look for koroks.
Until postgame I didn't even realized it.

>Ubisoft, EA, Rockstar, etc. have been making open world games for a decade or even longer
>genre is stagnating
>Nintendo shows up
>having no background in AAA 3D open world development, they decide on a whim "Here, let me try that"
>right off the bat, Nintendo make the best open world game ever made on their very first attempt using a fucking toaster.

This will never not be hilarious.

Attached: 1538802026609.jpg (640x640, 126K)

People back then did the same retard

literally nothing in that video even comes close to what you are describing. There is nothing about pure freedom or anything like it.

It really feels like they overhauled the game at the last minute, and bits and pieces of the old build squeezed their way in. The memories and divine beasts namely.

>right off the bat, Nintendo make the best open world game ever
Even if this was true it's not much of an accomplishment since open world games are all trash.

>BotW is the first open world game nintendo developed!

Attached: 1542648767811.png (241x263, 11K)

this copypasta isn't even entertaining

Then why did the fans advertise it as such? Why hail it as "the best open world game ever made" if it has even worse restrictions than an ass creed game?

Congratulations
You have gay

cope

i don't think fans ever said you could do anything you wanted at any time in this game. nintendo certainly never advertised it that way. it seems like you had some misconceptions or unrealistic expectations.

Attached: 35D57551-1253-48E2-A330-9EF80C322C0D.jpg (600x450, 60K)

>>OOT, a game from before 2000, let you sneak around the gerudo base

it didn't let you sneak, it forced you to sneak, there were no other options. You can sneak in BoTW, even though there weren't major parts of the game related to it. OOT is even more restrictive in your example

>MUH GRAPHIX
Proof westacucks are cancer.

Attached: Japan-focuses-on-(fun)-mechanics-first.png (1051x513, 40K)

You literally have 1 true objective you can do anytime pass the tutorial
Kill Ganon
Everything else is optional even the fucking master sword is optional

>muh japan
>muh mechanix
it's a recycled meme game made for man children. grow up already

what game

To think, you might have almost gotten away with it, but you just had to go into your TF2 reaction folder again.

Attached: acfag-collage-2018-05-04.png (1920x3806, 2.11M)

Why the fuck you lying?
Why you always lying?

Attached: 77D04101-14FB-444D-A7D4-4ED7A733181B.png (348x376, 13K)

>muh acfag
why do you zelda babies have a bunch of bogeymen?

Cope harder you seething shill

The issue with this image is that technology can impact gameplay. The amount of enemies you can put on screen, the memory you can dedicate to AI, the framerate, etc.

Then explain to me why I can't do something that was possible with OOT back in the 1990's. Why am I forced into this one specific path just to access Vah naboris? What kind of restrictive garbage is that? And why are you defending it like a cuck?

>it didn't let you sneak, it forced you to sneak,
Not really. You could also shoot every gerudo with an arrow and just plow right through the fortress.

>You can sneak in BoTW,
So how do you sneak into the gerudo outpost without the outfit?

That's not really free then if I'm forced on a linear path and can't do anything other than kill ganon.

Go ahead then. Show me footage of getting into the gerudo outpost without the outfit. You say I'm lying, then let's see some proof.

He's not lying though.

Zoomer struggles
>Realistic good! Stylized bad!

The real reason we know that BotW was a masterpiece is that we still have threads about it every fucking day. Every fucking day. Most games are forgotten in a few weeks.

Attached: 1380609135016.gif (320x240, 704K)

>I'll just vomit out meaningless buzzwords instead of actually formulating an argument
Further proof the west needs those billions in marketing dosh to justify its existence.
Found the newfaggot.

Attached: 1494883368799.png (1280x2048, 1.98M)

>You could also shoot every gerudo with an arrow and just plow right through the fortress.

only while in complete stealth without anyone seeing you (also known as sneaking)

>look, it's acfag!
>collage of anonymous posts
Are you like that ponyfag guy that starts blasting people whenever somebody posts an image they don't like?

Fun fact nigger
Shills don’t swear they get their shit reviewed and monitored.
You on the other hand shallow some bleach and die.
Better yet mix it with ammonia in a very small room and take some deep breaths

Ancient but still relevant.

Attached: 1400863034259.png (750x1057, 338K)

You know that only manchildren care about style because it makes their childhood dreams (that they never grew out of) come true

Attached: 1554488919459.jpg (800x957, 179K)

good graphics doesnt mean realistic
stylized doesnt mean bad graphics

And yet with all that technology, Western """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""games"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" consistently have vastly inferior gameplay. Funny how that works.

Attached: 1446284776434.jpg (1284x2968, 986K)

this bait has gotten really weak

>spamming one button over and over again is good and fun gameplay

Attached: jap geeems.jpg (2929x2809, 3.63M)

Then stop talking about it?

This. I ended up avoiding most fights later on because of how clunky melee combat felt. How they made it worse when it was fine in all other 3D games aside from SS is beyond me.

Honestly the best post in the thread

sunset overdrive

Attached: 20181118130831_1.jpg (3840x2160, 3.78M)

what's with all the paid Nintendo shills?

Attached: nidf.jpg (1286x680, 255K)

Normally I’d agree if this these austist nigger wasn’t real.
Even the mods have confirmed there’s more than 1 ACfag and Blunderfag
ACfag is a South American from Argentina
Blunderfag is a Canadian

WW HD looks way better than BotW despite being on the same hardware (Switch version is a Wii U port and the Switch isn't much stronger than the Wii U anyways).

nice xbox 360 game

English Translation: Why isn't everyone just agreeing with OP?

So why doesn't BOTW offer that, despise being a more open ended game? And why are you defending it as good game design?

Keep digging that grave of yours further and further, Doug.
>spamming one button over and over again
That's literally what western games do, though. See . Japan aren't the ones that make "final" boss fights out of a single QTE.

Attached: 1504642497969.png (1300x3088, 2.67M)

And yet every time a new gen comes out the west goes for muh graphics above all else, just because they can do something doesn't mean they will do something.

>get blown out
>then explain to me unrelated thing!
Classic bait tactic. Try again, dum dum, but I'm not falling for it.

Just explain it damnit. Why is stealth suddenly a bad idea in this super free open world game with no limitations whatsoever? Why am I forced to play a white knight to women who hate you and want you dead?

My name begins with T my man. Who the fuck is that guy you hate anyways?

low quality shilling from Nintendo fags

weak af

Doug "Armored Core Faggot" is a confirmed leaf, though. Or at least self-confirmed.

Attached: 1515819067001.png (623x118, 31K)

He is though unless you’re talking about Launch Dock preformance that got patched so long ago the great Switch drought was still in effect and even then it only lasted for less than 2 weeks and was a 35 mb patch.

Girls should be modest. My character wore a sweater and jeans, if she tried to wear that outside of the shop I'd delete her

>Best open world game
>BOTW
>Breath of the daggerfall?

Huh? I might be getting something wrong here or you are a real fag and haven't played Daggerfall i assume. Which is what every true OPEN WORLD game should strive to be. Like actually giving you choices and make you feel like you actually live in this open world and can make up your own stories as you go along in the game.

Literally people who only play Nintendo games think BoTW is a good-looking game. It has very average visuals (but it's good enough for the hardware)

>just imagine you're having fun!

>deflection
I should've expected this from someone who likes cinematic games like BOTW.

Nice photoshopped picture nigger
Here’s some more realistic stuff

Attached: BA59BFEF-EF8E-4197-AB27-67A5A59D1D6B.jpg (800x670, 54K)

Whitto piggu go homu

adjust your tv properly retard.

i bet you have the color temp set to cool too you absolutely useless cunt

getting weaker

BoTW is the worst Zelda game, kill yourselves.

But they don't want you dead. They don't want you in the city because they're upholding an ancient rule. Riju and her guard know you're a man.
Also it wouldn't make any sense for you to be sneaking around Gerudo Town because there's not much else to do aside from interact with NPCs.

>this game doesn't let me do this one specific thing the way i want, therefore it's bad

BoTW is still way more open ended in every other way, and your original argument is a point against that. OOT is super linear aside from doing the last few temples in a different order, you can go off in any direction in BoTW and progress the story

I agree it's lame that you can't sneak into that one spot, but it didn't bother me so much that i threw the whole game out with the bathwater because of it

>Implying Nintendo ever gave a fuck about this place.

Attached: B6CD0023-F33B-4C7C-82B5-5B0E2E92234B.jpg (747x1024, 112K)

>modest girls
>jeans
OH NONONONONONONO

Attached: 5476.jpg (960x960, 250K)

absolutely based and traditionalpilled

Shit I might’ve gotten that backwards
My point still stands
It’s less bogeyman and more
“Man these niggers really are no life hugless kissless handholding less faggots”

Meant to post this image.
>cinematic games like BOTW
Like classic Doug Harris clockwork.

Attached: The-saddest-part-is-that-those-people-had-the-balls-to-identify-themselves.-ACfag-is-literally-known (1181x692, 102K)

Attached: BotW 97.png (1041x565, 409K)

Attached: 1512568902025.jpg (700x913, 82K)

just about as buttblasted as the guy who made the original?

During my first playthrough i really didnt notice all the popins and shitty textures but holy shit now that i am replaying it, its way more obvious. I love the game but its genuinely annoying to look at sometimes

God hates trannies confirmed

Attached: A244870E-0154-4E1E-8187-844E6F5FA432.jpg (669x938, 549K)

nobodies crying though, it's just in your mind. you think you're being an epic troll / master baiter but in reality nobody gives a shit and you just look like an idiot.

the quality of this thread matches the quality of the game

ACfag
has got autism bad
ACfag
has got autism bad

ACfag's been on Yea Forums
for seven years or more
(years or more)
And he's kind of obsessed
with Armored Co-o-o-ore
(Armored Core)
He's got a holy crusade
against cutscenes in games
(cutscenes in games)
You'll recognize his posts
and we all know his na-a-a-ame
(all know his name)

So if you're gonna discuss vidya games
you best look out
'Cause ACfag could very well be
responding right now!

ACfag
has got autism bad
He's in this thread
and he's making me so mad
AC, get a clue
this is not the board for you
I know it's kind of sad
but I'm JUST sick of ACfag

ACfag
has got autism bad
ACfag
has got autism bad

He writes off games with waifus
off as "sex fanservice"
(sex fanservice)
Calls Bayonetta a movie
It's getting me pi-i-i-issed
(getting me pissed)
Everything must be gameplay
and it's gotta be hard
(gotta be hard)
'Cause when they went after Samus
they went to fa-a-a-ar
(went too far)

Like many Metroid fanboys triggered hard
by Other M
But this one takes that grudge to everything
again and again

ACfag
has got autism bad
He's in this thread
and he's making me so mad
AC, get a clue
this is not the board for you
I know it's kind of sad
but I'm JUST sick of ACfag

I think there's another verse after the guitar solo but I can't be fucked to remember it.

Attached: 97.jpg (86x85, 4K)

your whiny (You) sure is convincing that you don't care

imagine if aliens visited the internet and the first thing they would see would be a wojak

Attached: images (1).jpg (220x229, 11K)

So literal perfection?

>But they don't want you dead.
>try and enter city
>they stab at you with their spears
>you take damage

But let me guess, it's okay when they do it because they're just kidding around, right? Never question female NPCs, right? That's the chivalrous thing to do?

>Also it wouldn't make any sense for you to be sneaking around Gerudo Town
there's not much sense in using timestop on a tree and using it glide across hyrule, when you can just fast travel. Does that mean nobody should ever be allowed to do it? I'm sorry, I didn't know you were the fun police and I wasn't allowed to have fun unless I cleared it with you first.

>I agree it's lame that you can't sneak into that one spot, but it didn't bother me so much that i threw the whole game out with the bathwater because of it
It's a betrayal of trust. You promise me an adventure where I can be "free" and not be confined by the limitations of other open world games, so if I see even one FUCKING INFRACTION, the game gets thrown out. I am sick to my stomach of people defending corporations and expecting me to lower my standards because it would be "mean" to criticize the devs.

>released two years ago
>still makes Yea Forums seethe

I mostly play on PC but this is pretty accurate, the level of bitching over textures or the most minor lighting effect is incredible.

I'll take a coherent art style and smooth FPS over hyper detailed bushes that bring the game to a crawl. It's why I use Morrowind visual mods that make the visuals completely different.

Attached: 33.jpg (1280x720, 160K)

Look at this crybaby who has spent more than two years sperging out because Nintendo made a good game and can't handle all the people laughing at him.

360 graphics > switch graphics

Attached: 20181119185023_1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.49M)

Sounds shallow

Based and redpilled.

>hurrr jap games have ebin combos
>X X X X (...) XXXXXXX Y
>X X X X XXX
>X X X X Y
woooow

it's only whiny in your imagination.

It really is amazing. And to this day, Witcher 3 STILL makes bloodbornefags seethe to unbelievable levels.

>spam off topic shit like this
>"b-but ACfag is the one ruining the board"

Shaking my head right now senpai.

it's only not whiny in your imagination.

>It's a betrayal of trust. You promise me an adventure where I can be "free" and not be confined by the limitations of other open world games, so if I see even one FUCKING INFRACTION, the game gets thrown out

It must suck only being able to play minecraft. Nearly every single game has specific scenarios and scripted events that you're forced to deal with.

Did you also sperg out this hard when you realized you can't go left in mario bros?

They don't stab you with spears and you don't take damage.
The point about it not making sense is that there's no practical reason. Stasis launching a tree gives you the benefit of travelling extremely quickly. What are you going to do while sneaking around? This isn't Skyrim or Fallout where you go around ransacking shit.

Yeah fuck all the work artists put into games. How shallow can you be, just play with colored cubes

i don't have an imagination.

Boy oh boy, I can't wait for Breath of The Wild 2: Electric Boogaloo to be a *New* © Nintendo Switch © exclusive and run at 40fps and have a 980p resolution while still being a boring as fuck empty open world with shitty dungeons and still shit graphical art style. Now shell out 400+ dollars nintenfags.

>I can't handle this
>but I will keep playing anyway
ok...?

BOTW is STILL the golden standard for open world non linear design.
Imagine trying to change this by yelling at an anonymous imageboards for TWO YEARS while failing to sway the consensus of the board in any way.

Attached: duQYkod.jpg (600x400, 31K)

I still can't handle how they made such a beautiful game.

Artistically the game is on another level, probably the only thing Aonuma has over Miyamoto.

based
cringe

Attached: 1548342487931.jpg (235x214, 10K)

>Nearly every single game has specific scenarios and scripted events that you're forced to deal with.
And do any of those other games pride themselves on being the best thing to ever exist, and not being confined to limitations like those "evil western games full of SJWS"?

You put BOTW on such a high pedestal, so I will not tolerate even the tiniest blemish. If you think that's unfair, maybe you shouldn't have made it out to be this flawless masterpiece.

>The point about it not making sense is that there's no practical reason.
How about getting to the gerudo leader and taking the Vah Naboris sidequest WITHOUT buying the retarded outfit? And then maybe after I save all of their asses, they can stop upholding their rule about how all Voe need to die. Maybe they could do that for the guy who saved their ungrateful slutty asses. But I guess that's too much to ask. Nintendo and their billions of dollars and thousands of developers just weren't up to the task of doing something sensible.

yeah but don't you see how MAD and SEETHING these dumb tendies are? lmao keep crying tendies XD

Like minecraft? One of the most successful games ever made?

>BOTW is STILL the golden standard for open world non linear design.
>not allowed to sneak through villages or fight NPCs because the devs don't know how to program their way out of a paper bag

Okay.

how does one game caused someone to be this upset? based nintendo does it again.

Dude, I'm literally playing it right now and Korok Forest is a stuttering 20fps mess and several other areas in the game are around 25fps. Admit that Nintendo can't even make a console that can run their own games properly. Hopefully whatever revision they have later this year at least adds enough power to get it to a constant stable 30fps and maybe unlock the framerate so it can go higher if its able to.

SEETHING tendies with their history, legacy, universal acclaim and awards.

Thank god for labo vr

Excuse me but girls jeans are made for girls.

>How about getting to the gerudo leader and taking the Vah Naboris sidequest WITHOUT buying the retarded outfit?
Because the guard that is standing right next to her will kick you out on sight.
>And then maybe after I save all of their asses, they can stop upholding their rule about how all Voe need to die.
Firstly, they don't want voe to die. They don't let voe inside the city. Secondly, they're not going to change their ancient traditions for one person. That makes no sense logistically, culturally or gameplay-wise.

You are doing the classic BotW dishonest shitposter technique of putting nitpicks in a vacuum and pretend they're game breaking flaws. It didn't work in 2017, why would it work now?

>You put BOTW on such a high pedestal

All I've said is that it's more open ended. I actually like OOT better than BoTW, but I just couldn't help but point out that your extremely shitty arguments are actually going against what you're trying to prove

But by all means continue with this line of schizophrenic victim complex posting and let this game live rent free in your head for another 2 years

the textures aren't bad guyse

Attached: IMG_20190302_154938.jpg (1280x720, 165K)

The draw distance on the Switch is abysmal.

Because you aren't breaking into a fortress, dumbass, it's a town. In OOT, the fortress was populated entirely by guards. In BOTW there are kids, pets, elders, and shopkeepers populating the town.

see that mountain?

Attached: IMG_20190302_153933.jpg (1280x720, 147K)

You are still angry after 2 years lmfao

>pants
>made for girls
try again

What do these autists want to achieve? The entire industry and gaming world to say "gee, it seems the game was secretly shit and only you noticed! Thanks user!"?
Is that why they keep lying about this game?

Cope

What are you replying to?
>Yea Forums culture is off-topic on Yea Forums

Attached: 1547621345140.jpg (1856x4096, 1.35M)

seething

Projecting

>so if I see even one FUCKING INFRACTION, the game gets thrown out
Imagine being this butthurt that you can't attack civilians in a Zelda game.

>have to win a fight against the hardest boss in the game to get the best weapon in the game

Cope is all westacucks can do.

Attached: Everyone agreed, there was no argument. The West is fucking ireedemable. We should be all be ashamed (1066x440, 32K)

lol it actually is you.

2 years of seething.

>Because the guard that is standing right next to her will kick you out on sight.
It's a pity you can'd have a sidequest where you try and catch the leader off guard, or heaven forbid, fight your way to them. That would be too videogamey. Need to have le ebin crossdressing scene for precious SJW brownie points! But don't worry, we're only doing it ironically, so the disgusting degeneracy can just be ignored.

>Secondly, they're not going to change their ancient traditions for one person.
Then I should be allowed to kick their asses and burn their damn village to the ground. I'm saving the entire world, I don't have time for retarded, backwards religious traditions. I should be allowed to kill them on sight because of how they helped Ganon back in OOT, and how they've been a constant nuisance in every game since.

>wanting some semblance of freedom means you're a snoy nigger

Please user. Point out where I defended sony even once in this thread.

If you wanna go that route then what about dresses? They were meant to be unisex from the start,guess there's nothing wrong with boys wearing them.

>the golden standard for open world non linear design
That would be Morrowind.

the autistically low draw distance and pop in is what kills it the most

As someone who browses GameFAQs and YouTube's Alt-Right clickbait channels looking for Anti-SJW/Alt-Right audiences to debate with, I know about them all too well. These people have always been in our society but seek solace in gaming. Gaming is a fantasy lands that, in their eyes, should be a reflection of everything they've always wanted but can't get out of life. It was made with white men in mind, and now that it's starting to change to better reflect its audience, they feel like they're being attacked. Western gaming is taking steps to diversify their protagonists, diversify their developers, and create female characters that aren't grossly sexualized, and they hate it. So they move on to Eastern gaming while condemning Western gaming for its themes of progress.

What's interesting that I noticed about GameFAQs topics and stuff on Yea Forums, and how they align with the Alt-Right, is that you see this pro-Japan agenda theme frequently. It first takes the form of "Japan makes better games" or "JRPGs are superior." But then, it starts evolving into the fetishization of Eastern women, which is a common theme with the Alt-Right, due to fantasizing the submissive stereotypes of Japanese women. They then start talking about how Japanese gamers hate progressives in America due to censorship, and how their culture is really traditional is what makes it superior. Slowly, but surely, it evolves into a "this is why homogenous societies are better" argument, because the themes fill every checkbox in what interests them. Women, traditionalism, homogeny, white, etc..

I'm not sure what can be done about these people, honestly. To me, they're in the same category as the Alt-Right It's really hard to get into an honest conversation with some of them. Some of them have no intention of ever changing their views, even if they acknowledge they're in the wrong.

>Because you aren't breaking into a fortress, dumbass,
The outpost is filled with women guards who will kill Voe on sight. I'm pretty sure there's no difference.

Excuse me for wanting a little freedom in a game, instead of having it pander to tumblr.

>popularity = quality

as long as it's a men's dress.

Ah yes the true non linear design of Morrowind, not semi-linear at all. An actual reactive cluster of choice, how could I forget.
Inform yourself before posting.

Twenty words or less plz

Your mother is your aunt

>TV
>2019

lol i can't even finish the main quest if i kill an npc? how is that open game design?

Shame on you for expecting high res textures in a game awkwardly crowbared to work on the Switch.

This. The game looks gorgeous on my TV. I'm sure the people who complain about washed-out colors are playing on their grandma's TV with fucked-up color settings. My only complaint about BotW's visuals would be the pop-in and LoD distance.

TWO YEARS of your shitposting did nothing against the legacy of this game
How does that make you feel?

Not him but how is that nitpicking? Being able to kill NPCs is a major feature, and used to be a staple of Bethesda games before "muh essential NPCs we won't allow you to break the story". Likewise being able to do main quests in different ways is also a major feature. The linearity of the divine beast quests is a harsh contrast from the openness of the world itself.

Wrong thread, Chef?

>where you try and catch the leader off guard, or heaven forbid, fight your way to them
>Then I should be allowed to kick their asses and burn their damn village to the ground.
Ignoring that Link would never kill innocent guards and civilians and that this is not a role-playing game, why would you violently and murderously attack/trespass the village that you're trying to help, exactly?

Wait wut then what's wrong with women's pants? What about spats, leggings, JEANS, yoga pants, cargo pants. These are not the same version men wear but ports over to the female body.

>Please user. Point out where I defended sony even once in this thread.

You sure you've taken your meds? My post had nothing to do with sony and you just made the first mention of sony

if you want a truly open game play terraria or better yet minecraft since it's the same thing but 3d

>not being able to kill NPCs in a fucking Nintendo game in which you play as a hero is not a nitpick!
>it's a GAME BREAKING FLAW
Pathetic.

toasting in a baiting bread.

Attached: 1506264514129.jpg (363x364, 22K)

Indifferent because I don't care about a game's "legacy". I care about my actual experience playing the game.

it's not that hard to understand? not sure why you are confused.

>anyone that posts TF2 is ACfag
take your meds

Attached: [Worried laughter].jpg (520x678, 69K)

>le ebin 2d pixelshit minecraft ripoff
ACfag is in this thread. Abandon thread. It is ruined.

>why would you violently and murderously attack/trespass the village that you're trying to help, exactly?
Because it's a video game and I demand freedom from it? Are you telling me my freedom is restricted because the story doesn't allow it?

You know what kind of game hampers the gameplay because the story is more important? We usually call them movie games.

What else did you expect from a physics tech demo with a bunch of shitty minigames thrown in.

Attached: OP.jpg (526x560, 62K)

you seriously didn't figure out how to sneak into the gerudo town? lol wtf i knew Yea Forums was bad at games but this is a new low.

Doug, seek professional help.

But you can't get the help you need to claim a divine beast from the villagers that you just razed to the ground.

>it's an X game so it can't do Y
That didn't stop BotW from dropping or downplaying a lot of Zelda staples.

I like how you're not disputing the linearity of the main quest by the way. The only "choice" you get is to just skip it entirely, but all that does is make it a glorified side quest.

And yet none of those things were even remotely commonly worn by civilized women until Western (((feminism))) came along and fucked civilization up hardcore.
Makes you think.

Attached: 1540613201100.jpg (2900x2048, 1.29M)

Yeah, like minecraft. The game we all agree is garbage.

The main quest is not linear though, there are three different main quests and all can be done in any order.

no, minecraft is great. it also inspired terraria which was a decentish clone.

That's every one of your big PC titles though, mustard boy.

Attached: 1451203907322.jpg (1922x1080, 708K)

Man what's with you weebs, I read a lot of hentai and they portray women in pants allllll the time

>thinking minecraft is great
>thinking terraria is just a minecraft clone

And, pray tell, why should I need their help in the first place? I'm the one who can be granted access into the divine beast. Literally all the chief uses is a fancy golden helmet to stop the lightning attacks, and I could've did that myself. Infact, I could've just glided to Vah Naboris with the nearby mountain ranges. Assuming I'm not wearing anything metal, the lightning wouldn't have been attracted to me. But that would've been too videogamey, right?

and? they are exactly the same except minecraft is 3d so it is better.

I wasn't talking to you, you mentally ill faggot. Don't reply to me ever again. This is so beyond a tiny nitpick it's ridiculous.

Looks and runs better on PC.

>absolutely seething

Attached: 7067344.jpg (940x940, 92K)

>talking shit about RSHD era RuneScape
out

Attached: tll7zmouimi11.png (631x428, 427K)

The fuck are you on Yea Forums loved minecraft, only retards went contrarian since it became popular. 1.7 alpha is considered fucking amazing.

Not as much as (((progressive))) Nigmerica.

Attached: 1432175201866.jpg (2378x1775, 1.56M)

Its a PC game actually.

>the best open world game ever made
the nintendelusion is real. Its a good game but jesus talk about exaggeration

Attached: 1548387183280.jpg (638x1000, 79K)

No, the beast strikes any living thing that gets close with thunder. You couldn't have done it yourself.

Attached: IMG_20190302_153739.jpg (1280x720, 133K)

but Nintendo said you could do anything in this game why did they lie? isn't that illegal?

Then don't look at it or play the game.
Problem solved.
You're welcome.

I'd ask you to name better open world games but you'd just start desperately namedropping anything you can think of in hopes we haven't played it like the pretentious teenager you are.

2 years of seething

you have a problem, seek professional help

What about it is a nitpick? I didn't want to be restricted in terms of how I approach a sidequest. But for no reason the game has massive barriers that exist solely to shoehorn me into one specific path. How is that good game design?

Compare it to Minecraft or Terraria. If I decide that an NPC is being an asshole, they go right into the lava, man or woman. I'm not bound by story conventions, because there's almost no story to be had, and let me tell you, that's far more liberating than being the lapdog to every NPC that sneezes in your general direction.

>No, the beast strikes any living thing that gets close with thunder. You couldn't have done it yourself.
Oh I'm sorry. I must've missed this little bauble that wasn't even in the Gerudo's possession at the time I found it.

Attached: BotW_Thunder_Helm_Key_Item_Icon.png (144x144, 23K)

How you actually accomplish the quests themselves is linear. If you want to be autistic you can call it "scripted". The point is you will always have to do the same Goron escort mission, the same not-Bayonetta water-surfing boss, etc. You still have the same amount of approaches as previous Zeldas. If anything the scripted sequences to get into divine beasts are more elaborate than most previous Zeldas. The Legend of Zelda, which BotW is supposedly inspired from, only requires you to find the dungeons, then you can waltz right in (you may or may not have to find an item to progress, but you don't have to wait for an NPC to grant you access).

The one exception is Hyrule Castle which is how every single dungeon in the game should have been implemented, baked into the overworld rather than instanced.

Dishonest nitpicking is not actual criticism and neither is your disingenuous shitposting.

Dresses came about as a status symbol for women, literal attention whoring. They started wearing pants because it's more practical. I think women being useful/serving a purpose is a good thing. Instead of standing around and getting money for showing off their skin.

>264 replies
>90 posters
So how much of this is OP samefagging because no one fell for his bait?

Easy, its San Andreas hands down.

This, either adjust the TV or LOL TV IN 2019 adjust your switch to output 0-255 instead of 16-235

>compare with procedurally generated indie crap with no actual craft or design put into it
I'll pass. Your nitpicks are amusing though.

>not expecting premium when you pay a premium

Why so hostile?

Attached: IMG_20190302_155946.jpg (1280x720, 134K)

Lacks non linear structure, environmental interactivity, emergent gameplay and advanced physics.

Why are you still SEETHING?

The Vah Naboris event isn't a sidequest, it's part of the main quest. Also, man you really like to get upset over extremely frivolous stuff. There's no game in existence that allows you to do literally anything and everything any way you can possibly conceive.

The Thunderhelm only gets stolen after you've talked with Riju.

>compare with procedurally generated indie crap with no actual craft or design put into it
You mean the one with genuine freedom that lets you destroy and recreate the very land itself to your design? The one that has free DLC and gives you a hard mode that actually makes the game harder, instead of just giving everyone regenerating HP? The one that actually runs at 60 FPS?

Attached: ugleh.png (556x388, 228K)

who the fuck is ACfag?

I legitimately preferred Subnautica which came out in the same year. It's not perfect but it had a way more interesting setting, better progression, better story, better atmosphere, the survival mechanics actually matter, etc.

What makes you assume that?

Attached: IMG_20190302_160216.jpg (1280x720, 97K)

>The Vah Naboris event isn't a sidequest, it's part of the main quest.
Yes, and? Why is it so restrictive then?

zelda.gamepedia.com/Thunder_Helm

>"The Thunder Helm was stolen by the Yiga Clan prior to the events of Breath of the Wild."

How far has modding come for this game? I want to replay it with better healing mechanics.

goddamn those visuals are great

I mean the indie procedurally generated crap with no craft nor care put into it.

>BotW fanboys are so autistically resistant to any kind of criticism that I've found myself siding with ACfag
What a world we live in.

Attached: groose.gif (400x265, 932K)

>It's autistic to no longer care about the criticism which has been the same shit for years now

>actual game is the same as a literal toy

Attached: fdxgh.jpg (1280x720, 109K)

You can't "side" with yourself, silly. Stop abusing anonimity to pretend your autism is a consensus. I even prefer a tripfag to coward scum like you.

Didn't know that, it'd be cool if you could skip Gerudo Town entirely and just run up to it but then you'd miss the fun SotC-esque sequence where you shoot bomb arrows at its feet and stay inside Riju's radius while seal surfing.

Main quests are by nature more restrictive than side quests, but by the looks of it the only games you've ever played in your whole life are Terraria and Minecraft, so it's not like you would know how video games work.

I've only just encountered ACfag last night but he seems like the only person on this board with common sense.

>no longer care
That's bullshit and you know it. If you didn't care you wouldn't be replying and crying about "nitpicking".

pic related
inb4 photoshop

Attached: bottom two are replies to ACfag.png (1391x266, 21K)

>Denying objective flaws is "not caring"
If you didn't care, these threads wouldn't get so many replies everytime. Drones just can't accept that BotW has flaws

Attached: IMG_20190302_161057.jpg (1280x720, 109K)

>I think women being useful/serving a purpose is a good thing
And that purpose is being beautiful and wholesome for their husband while they stay at home and care for the children and household. You are asking them to dress for male labor, serving the purpose that has brought into the shitfest that is (((modern))) civilization.

Attached: 1492577407643.jpg (6800x3270, 3.18M)

I would say that the 30 million people who bought Terraria would disagree with you, but I won't bring that up because I don't use a game's popularity as a selling point.

I don't see why you can't still have that segment. Just exclude riju and introduce other hazards. I don't see why Calamity Ganon wouldn't surround Vah Naboris with sand seal surfing bokoblins, or that one giant asshole miniboss you find all the way in the gerudo outskirts.

>main quests are more restrictive
>the main quest to kill Ganon has a selling point that you can approach it in any way possible

hmmmm....

>objective flaws
>it's empty
>just korok seeds and shrines
>It's not real life
>i can't genocide the gerudo
>objective flaws

Yeah, and it just so happens that the divine beasts are a more restrictive main quest. Crazy that video games would have variety to them and that not everything works the same way.

2 years of seething

>inb4 photoshop
Well you are kind of famous for your ebin collages and Armored Core maymays, so such a thing should come naturally to you.

BAD GRAPHICS BAD

GOOD GRAPHICS GOOD

I haven't cried about nitpicking though? Sorry you think I'm the same people you've been arguing with for 250+ posts.
>Denying the flaws
Okay, but what do you want me to say other than "yeah, it's not a perfect game" for the 5 millionth time? Want me to suck your dick?

>game runs below 30 FPS
>have to pay money for a hard mode, something even indie games can include for free
>lacks basic features that 20 year old zelda games had

Just for starters.

but why are they restrictive? Vah Naboris could've been approached in a thousand ways. Hell, all of the divine beasts could've been approached without needing to act as glorified escorts for other characters. The only one I could see needing some help is Vah Medoh, and that's it really.

Yeah, the game being filled with koroks and shrines instead of having more actually good content like the snowdragon is an objective flaw.

I don't recognize the song because I'm not underage. Please fuck off.

Your threads get hundreds of replies no matter what because you're an obnoxious and baiting shitface, Doug.

Attached: Untitled-13.png (1490x418, 41K)

Sucking dick would legit be a better use of your time than complaining about a game that's already two years old as if it just came out.

>game runs below 39 fps
Not on cemu
>pay money for a hard mode
Not on cemu
>lacks my family's respect so I hate it
Not a flaw

>Okay, but what do you want me to say other than "yeah, it's not a perfect game" for the 5 millionth time? Want me to suck your dick?
Perhaps, and this is just a thought, we could have a zelda thread without people dredging up metacritic scores, sales, and game journalist pieces. If sony fans or some other group tried ruining the discussion, we could have a jolly laugh at them, then get back to the discussion at hand. This two sided shitposting just makes everyone lose.

Then you would bitch about Vah Medoh being restrictive and how the game sucks because of it. There are millions of ways for you to continue your endless bitching.

It's not an objective flaw because it's a lie.

>I don't recognize a song from 2002 because I am underage. Please rape my face.
fifyfamalamadingdongdollaryoo

Faggot

>it's empty
When people say it's empty it's hyperbole, they mean they don't find the boilerplate content interesting. But to be fair there is an awful lot of gliding and climbing.
>just korok seeds and shrines
It's not simply that there's a lot of the same content. It's that that content is not compelling, so spreading a lot of it over a huge landscape gets tiresome. Nobody complains that the original LoZ is just some dungeons and caves. Likewise nobody complains that Tetris is just blocks, Minesweeper is just mines and flags, etc etc.
>i can't genocide the gerudo
When fanboys constantly brag about how great of an open world game BotW is and how much freedom there is in its design, it's more than fair to compare it to other open world games that provide more options than BotW. Killing NPCs is simply one of them.

As a CD faggot I'll have you know that doing anything in a dress is worse. If you're going to cook and clean it's easier to do in pants. Besides women often function better in plenty of out of home jobs such as retail or banking, and I'd rather have them dress professionally for those positions.

Also "wholesome" girls wear simple easy clothes, not poofy, flowing, flaps of cloth.

user, what if I want to play BOTW on the go? CEMU is nice, but it takes away something that Nintendo heavily advertised with the switch: portability.

>Then you would bitch about Vah Medoh being restrictive and how the game sucks because of it
I'm just asking for this game to exercise a little more freedom. It unnecessarily restricts you half the time for no good reason.

Nope, it isn't. The game just doesn't have much good content, it gets stale fast when you found everything unique and interesting within 20 or so hours. BotW would be my favorite game of all time if it had interesting shit instead of koroks and shrines

You're clearly not paying attention if you think I'm on the anti-BotW side.
I'd also like a Hat in Time/Splatoon thread without cunnyposting or a Smash thread without winging about Melee. This board sucks.

everyone complains about the faded look even though the bigger issue is how all rocks and mountains look like android game assets

Then running a game like BotW on the go is a miracle, I never had much problem with portable mode framerate, but I prefer to play on Cemu because 1080p 60fps and mods.

>When fanboys constantly brag about how great of an open world game BotW is and how much freedom there is in its design, it's more than fair to compare it to other open world games that provide more options than BotW. Killing NPCs is simply one of them.
If I may add to this, it's not that I want to hurt innocent NPCs. It's that these warrior women should actually act like warriors and want to fight Link. Imagine being able to fight their elite guard with twin scimitars, or even fighting them while riding Sand Seals. Imagine a tourney where you had to compete to be allowed to see the chief. Or sneak around them. Imagine the outpost being redesigned to have a city area, and a fortress area, so the opportunities of approach and how you deal with it can be varied.

The reason is that the game would've never came out if you want it to account for millions upon millions of variables. Linearity in some aspects of the game completely eliminates the burder of defining such a gargantuan number of variables.

Played BotW on cemu after hearing about all the hype. Expected to hate it and come on here and laugh at Nintenbros.

Turns out BotW is one of the best fucking video games I have ever played. Ever.

Attached: 1529653367427.jpg (629x419, 53K)

I don't know who ACfag is or what the epic reference that only 90's kids will understand is, but I sure do love videogames.

Why are you parroting this pseudo-eCeleb bullshit like you are a goddamn 10 year old girl. Who the fuck cares about some guy who doesn't like BoTW and how is it proof of -HIS- autism that you are posting and compiling all this shit? Please fuck off.

>>i can't genocide the gerudo
>not an objective flaw

Attached: linkshiro.jpg (810x750, 693K)

Yea Forums continues to be Opposite Day: The Community. Just play every game that is shit on mercilessly. 9 times out of 10 it's a good game.

I bought a switch and botw and didn't like it all that much the main quests honestly fucking suck and the game becomes very predicable early on

>The reason is that the game would've never came out if you want it to account for millions upon millions of variables.
Nintendo, with their vast wealth and endless supply of developers, couldn't have put this out without too much time? This isn't Valve we're talking about. Nintendo is pretty quick with these things. Besides which, I would've gladly waited a little longer if it meant a far more polished experience. Maybe a game that runs at a stable 30 FPS would've been the result too, if they had time to better optimize it for the hardware.

Why is that the complaints against BotW are the most retarded redundant nonsense imaginable?

> I can't jump into a space ship and fly to other planets! This game is shit!

>I can't be racist
Boo hoo.

it wasn't playable on cemu when the game was hyped

not him but it'd be pretty fucking cool and you seem like a defensive asshat for no reason

>the game becomes very predicable early on

I'm honestly convinced some of you guys are either taking the piss or simply didn't understand the game.

I miss all the zelda threads before BOTW came out. All the speculation was really fun. But now all we have are threads like these and every time we do get a zelda thread it’s only about how gay people think Link is. I hate all of you.

Attached: 695D74DA-076E-4CBB-8D2B-90878B68DA81.jpg (982x907, 122K)

It's almost like the game doesn't necessarily need 60fps 1080p to be a good time.

Get ready! Wake your mummy up, Doug!
Get ready! Dig your anger up, Doug!
Get ready!

Scrolling down
Could you feel your satisfaction?
You're a ACfag
Can't you feel your frustration?
Scrolling down
Could you feel your satisfaction?
You're a ACfag
Who do you want to bait?

Wear the overflowing TF2 reaction images on your sleeve, and break down
What do you see once you go beyond image limit?
97.0!
97.0!
The mysterious journo score

Cry my Terraria
Cry my Minecraft
Brings up Other M in such uncommon places
Is that your ideal?
Is that your mind?
It all begins once you hit 'Post'

The ACfag is alive
The ACfag is high
The ACfag is staying frustrated, aren't you?
Is that your ideal?
Is that your mind?
Right now

YOUR BAIT IS YOUR OWN

Get ready! Dig your anger up, Doug!
Get ready!

>function
There's your problem. "Functionality" is not women's purpose. Women are by nature passive be-ers rather than active do-ers like men are, and an ideal society builds itself off of this. They are born to be the submissive foundation for strong and hard working men, this fundamental and vital character expressed in their fashion and lifestyle that is much contrary to the immaterial and athletically unrestricted sphere that has always been and should remain men's area.

Attached: 1504076036667.jpg (1000x667, 111K)

>6 replies from the samefag

Attached: kumikokek.jpg (1920x1080, 232K)

yeah well you're looking at it from some different perspective because every time you play the game you will know what yields a korok seed and what you'll find in the world

oh another one of those place an apple on the base of the statue

You're forgetting that they have other projects to work in other than taking two decades to release the next Zelda game. It's fine if you have the patience of a monk, but you underestimate how impatient everyone else is. Furthermore, it doesn't make sense from a business perspective to spend such an unreal amount of time and resources for something that will still make a huge profit regardless, even without the millions of tiny details you want the game to account for. It's why Pokémon is dogshit these days, GameFreak knows everyone will eat that garbage up regardless of how horrible it is because it's damn Pokémon.

Holy shit man according to a Warren Spektor games are more about doing that being, you're onto something.

it didn't run even close to full speed thanks for showing that you're some literal autist making shit up

>I played it at 5fps filled with glitches and no water and couldn't even complete it
yeah no

>but I sure do love videogames
Clearly you don't love Yea Forums, then, since you're awfully clueless in regards to its culture.

Attached: a2129481238_2.jpg (350x350, 24K)

I'm trying to be reasonable here user. I don't want to discard the game as bad. I played through the entire thing, went around and hunted korok seeds and shrines, fought every kind of lynel across hyrule, fought all 4 divine beasts, and scaled Hyrule Castle Twice while finding every hidden memory. I gave this game every chance imaginable. There are just several things that irk me about how they went about the development process.

Spector* my bad

imagine you are so insecure you must play this game

>every time you play the game you will know what yields a korok seed and what you'll find in the world

This is the kind of response I don't understand. What on earth are you talking about? Is this one those things where i list a fuckton of content and you pretend it doesn't count?

Its tiresome.

What fucking version did you play? None of that applies to OG BotW.

And that's really the problem here. Nintendo could've spent more time optimizing it, but the game was gonna sell gangbusters anyway, and that's the real pity. The worst part is how they just left it and aren't trying to improve it anymore. I'm still waiting on a patch that fixes the korok forest and its atrocious FPS.

If you beelined through these things you missed the point. It's a game about being sidetracked while every aspect of it reinforces your main quest, beating Ganon. There are no barriers between sidequest and main activities because of the clear goal and non linear open ended design.

BOTW is a solid game but it literally does nothing special and it drives me crazy that people are treating it like some super innovative title.

reddit spacing more like retard spacing
I don't know what you don't understand
>hurr durr muh fetch quests in the copy pasted stables
I've played video games before this shit isn't surprising anyone who's played some games, it's really fucking predictable
BUT IT HAS GOLFING MINIGAMES
switch version and I'm responding to the lying cemufag

Well actually women from the get go have always worked alongside meant to hunt and gather for resources. Similar to how every member in an rpg party contributes to damage regardless of their main role. It was only when women began to take a mentor role for children that they began staying at home and teaching/protecting the children, which in itself is not a passive job. Why would anyone look at a mas of muscel and intelligence and say "yeah no, this one doesn't need to do anything", It's a common practice in humans to use every part of the animal, so why would we waste half of the population?

These people make games first and foremost to make a profit, it's how businesses work. If what you're looking for are pure passion projects then indie games are legit your best bet. At this point hope that the next mainline Zelda gets the Majora's Mask treatment and builds directly on top of BotW. That way they don't have to spend many resources on building the base of the game.

>If you beelined through these things you missed the point.
Isn't the point of BOTW that it should be fun no matter how you approach it? Whether you take your time or "beeline" through it, the result should be the same.

>it's a game about being sidetracked
And the problem is that the sidequests all made my main quest worse. When I finally faced ganon, I expected a long and difficult battle. But what's that? The divine beasts just destroyed any chance of that by shaving off half his health. And look, I can timestop him for a second and get in a ludicrous amount of damage. Oh, and he's susceptible to flurry rushing too. How wonderful. And if I'm correct, the master sword isn't even necessary for this fight. I know that because I did a 3 heart run and just violently smacked him down with guardian weapons, of which he's also weak to for some reason. And don't get me started on that final form.

Its cool bro. You don't have to like everything. I've played some 'classic' games which just don't sit with me either.

And while there's a few things which annoy me about BotW they don't overshadow the whole experience. I liked it a lot but thats just me.

the size of theth uthumnail is when ever wheplay on sthe swtich

What the fuck is up with the washed out look? Everytime I look at a BotW screenshot I think I may have glaucoma

>switch version and I'm responding to the lying cemufag
But you quoted me, not him silly.

I killed the lightning arrow one because headshots are busted on them...

hold the fucking phone! I dont remember this at all

Attached: what.png (627x359, 425K)

well you can't read because we were talking about cemu when you chimed in with some random ass remark that doesn't apparently even have anything to do with the conversation

what's that one on the top left?

If you approach it as a checklist open world game as every other one you'll turn it into an exercise in tedium.
The game is designed around experimentation with the reward being the game usually allows for it.

That's what I'm criticizing. I would expect Nintendo to make a masterpiece for passion, while understanding their desire to make a profit. These two things shouldn't conflict.

That's why I did beat the game. Despite my complaints, it's not like the game was unbeatable or broken. I just get frustrated when I try and discuss what I found to be major weakpoints, only to be met with you know what. I know I have a reputation of being an extremist and maybe I might come across as unreasonable, but if that was true, I wouldn't be doing my hardest to keep from using console war buzzwords like "shitch" or "nintendie" or making low tier insults like "breath of the shart" or something like that. It's hard to shake off a reputation so strong that people can recognize you without a tripcode or images.

I like the game but it's the worst game ever

resetera.com
You have to go back.

Why do obnoxious schitchfags act like their overrated meme invented open world?

Attached: noway-e1407866697128.jpg (620x359, 25K)

But I...No, actually I'm not gonna bother. You do you.

yunalesca 3rd form is pretty memorable tho

QQ lol

10/10 game of the year all years

It set a new standard.

>If you approach it as a checklist open world game as every other one you'll turn it into an exercise in tedium.
shouldn't it be fun regardless? The way I see it, when I approach it as a checklist open world game, the fun would be in how I approach it and get to my next destination, aka the experimentation you talk about. For example, I found alot of ways to travel, from shield surfing to catching a gale off a mountain, to timestopping a boulder and then hanging on for dear life. However, once I discovered fast travel (which was early on) I just found myself fast traveling everywhere. So BOTW kind of sabotaged itself there. If you ask me, only the towers should've been capable of fast travel.

Nintendo needed it to actually run on their shitty system. The way things are going, nintendos next console will just be something the size of a cellphone that you can stream games on that will also connect your TV like a roku. As technology progresses, games get cooler looking, but I feel less effort is put into gameplay. While botw looks fantastic in portable mode, itd be a lot better with crappier graphics but more enemies walking around, more objects, bigger cities and better draw distances.

desu it's just a basic ass video game and if you obsess so much over it on either side of the spectrum, lmao at your life

>they actually believe this
kek, this is beyond delusion

Attached: 4ZbRtLQS_400x400.jpg (400x400, 20K)

It's almost like it's the first game that took "you see that mountain? You can climb it!" and actually didn't fuck around and let you do it.

nah minecraft does that shit infinitely better

Never heard of it, your meme was lost in translation. Side note though: Why does that site not have an easily accessible about link on their home page? That's pure stupidity.

they are literally exactly the same

Attached: Rival_Devs_In_Awe_of_BotW.png (1861x1080, 420K)

I think alot of us get that, but some of us think they didn't pull through on that promise in much of the game. Like when I complain about Vah Naboris, I see a mountain I can't climb unless I take a very restrictive sidequest. That's just me though.

You clearly didn't play the game.

You are somewhat right, they should have accounted for the players rushing through the story. However, as far as I am concerned, they immensely succeeded in offering you ways to experiment with the different systems they had and giving you a huge carefully crafted world to do so. It succeeds in more areas than it fails.

>Never heard of it
Then you need to start lurking more.

Attached: 1463021268330.gif (400x300, 22K)

>"shit game nintenbabies will eat up anything" is is criticism

Shitpost.

looks pretty good to me

Surely you can showcase all those wonderful, exciting and challenging Minecraft boss fights that everyone loves to talk about, then.

should've bough a ps4 lmao

I play it on Wii U and it’s oretty fun

the culture has never been to suck the dicks of misc anonymous posters while making references for normies. The culture is derisive criticism regardless of topic. The culture certainly is not getting buttmad about criticism of some dude who isn't even a namefag. This is the kinda shit that would be reserved for manlytears, not for somedude who, one, isn't a trip, and, two, isn't a namefag.

Experimenting is nice, but there's not enough content to justify it. Bar the occasional puzzle or two, I never felt the need for magnesis or ice towers. other times the abilities were broken like timestop, which I say multiple times shouldn't work on enemies.

Doug has had two whole years of consistent shitposting to formulate his own vigorously detailed fanfiction that is just as substantial if not moreso. He doesn't need your tired requests.

you've never heard of the ender dragon?

it sucks that the four divine beast villages and the two other villages are all pretty dull and small

Just pointing it out, not telling him to play it. I'm just baffled at how, after two years of blatant bait, he still gets hundreds of replies.

lmao are you literally mentally ill or what the fuck is this boogieman shit
this is some caveman tier oogabooga badman logic shit

You wouldn't know how to have fun if you tried.

its washed out, brahs. fixed colors through CEMU in next post

Attached: botw original.jpg (2560x1440, 2.14M)

I hope Monolith's Zelda is good, or we get From's take on the series at some point

More than two years later and we're still having daily 500+post BotW hate threads. Jesus Christ get over it.

Attached: 1552199099416.jpg (540x720, 178K)

Most already consider Breath of the Wild a masterpiece. Your standards just ao happen to be ridiculously high.

>game lacks content I don't like how repetitive it is
>game has tons of content let me list a list of content the game has
as if you losers don't realize that even though it has shit to do, it's understandably fucking repetitive and basic for many, like you listing it to someone who found it boring isn't going to achieve anything

I've never heard anyone have anything positive to say about it or describe it a way that gives the game's mechanical aspects any credit, no. Just like you almost never hear anyone say anything likewise about the right column of .

Not how it works, dummy. The OG was made because there has been constant crying about BOTW for 2 years now. This new image is HARD seeth because the mere existence of the image (based on factual observation) now triggers retards

It's basically squared seethe

Attached: botw clarity.jpg (2560x1440, 2.56M)

Why are there so many nintendo shills on Yea Forums? Go back to gamefaqs you faggots.

acfag is in this thread you can tell because he gets triggered when people say terraria is 2d minecraft even though it's true. he can't help himself.

Is there anything incorrect about those criticisms? What about them says that I supposedly "didn't play the game"?

you've browsed this site too much you're probably no different than all these other crazy people you profile

if you like terraria you should try minecraft its way better and gives you much more freedom. terraria is a little too focused on cinematic shit like epic boss fights.

wtf but its not the same thing, are you retarded?

If you want to have fun with it and consider it a masterpiece, by all means. Don't let me or anyone on Yea Forums stop you. However, I don't buy into anyone who says that having high standards is a bad thing. It may mean that I won't enjoy most games as much, but it lets me appreciate the gems that I have thousands of hours in. So different strokes for different folks.

Lurk more.

more like less I don't want to end up like you people

I've seen people spam acfag shit etc. I just don't give a flying fuck about that shit, it's just some retarded boogieman excuse to dismiss everyone you want to

you're just predictable.

This is your brain on /pol/.

they are the same except minecraft is 3d which makes it better

It's one thing to have high standards that come from reality and criteria and another, completely useless one to have unreasonable standards that come from imagination.
It's why you should keep clear from all those faggots who say 10/10s don't exist because 10/10 is perfection.

you see patterns where there aren't any because I'm just some random dude

>never had a stable 30fps

In the 90 hours of game time there has been maybe a handful a times that the framerate droppped - after hours of play and the console being warm in highly particle dense sections

MAYBE 5 times in 90 hours.

Well he can't be because he's one of those weirdos (well the only one, really) that thinks Japanese action games are in the same category as nu-Nuaghty Dog movieshit.

Stop posting.

not him but is digital foundry lying?

yeah it must always be different idiots posting about botw and they all happen to be obsessed with 2d minecraft

>Need to lurk through undesirable crap in order to learn about shit sites
cool buddy I'll get right on that.

You're responding to an ironic shitposter. The second sentence in reveals it's somebody mocking ACfag.

You talk about how beautiful and atmospheric or whatever the entire experience is, the game is not fun. Everything feels like a chore, many of the systems in place are redundant and continue to make it less engaging as the game drags on. The world is massive and empty, and I can't find it in me to finish it because it feels completely pointless and without a sense of accomplishment.

It's a 10/10 masterpiece or whatever, it's just fucking boring.

>extremely slight increase in saturation
Riveting.

those posts are both me dumbass

you know I'm right even if you have to cope
if you recognize someone you then proceed to profile every single person as that person if you don't agree with what they say, don't you see how fucking retarded you are, it's just an excuse to dismiss everyone because there's some faggot you follow

so Matosis lied?

what is that?

@457454201
Fuck off already, you faggot. You don't even deserve my (you)

You're embarrassing yourself.

not enough saturation is the definition of washed out you fucking idiot

>completely useless one to have unreasonable standards that come from imagination.
I'm only holding up standards that I've seen executed in other games. I'm not asking for BOTW to be perfect, just to not have such jarring restrictions on quests. Maybe have a little more challenge. Maybe make the hard mode more than just regenning health, and perhaps make it a little better priced considering how BOTW is still a 60 dollar game. nintendo isn't exactly hurting for money here.

no i only profile the real acfag because you always post the exact same things.

No need to be upset that I'm not impressed; Your pride will live on.

literally how? some spammer retard, not unlike you probably, is spamming terraria shit so therefore every single post is the same person, you're crazy if you literally think like this, it's just a lazy way to dismiss everything as some random ass boogieman shit
lol

I played BoTW about 8 months ago, and so based on this video

>youtube.com/watch?v=w6NkNgI1ssw

I was playing in the improved patch. Further, I was playing mostly in handheld mode

>2:25 in the video
>the game runs at 30fps in most areas now
>playing in handheld mode is optimal performance

There content confirms my experience. Thanks, I never bothered to look up framerate stuff about this before.

you still haven't proven how terraria is different than minecraft

The only person to bring up 2d minecraft in BotW threads is either doug harris or people wanting to shit up the thread aka doug harris wannabes
Both serve the same function as ACfag so calling whoever acts like him an ACfag despite his motivation to act like that is a way to signal to other anons to not waste time with intentional logical fallacies, strawmen and conjecture, which is an ACfag staple. He is yet to define cinematic experience in a consistent way.

I haven't played terraria
read like half of that and I realize you literally don't comprehend the point that yeah there are people who spam shit over and over again, but no that doesn't mean that every single post comes from that person, it's just a lazy way to dismiss everything

Combat could be improved if they nerfed flurry rush and timestop to not be so broken and add some combat flare. Even basic stuff like tilt the stick forward with y to do a stab would add some more flare to it.

It serves no purpose to argue with people who have a personal vendetta against the game since its launch and played it for the first time this month

you should try it if you're bored of minecraft (if that's possible). it's the same thing but in 2d so it's a little more linear and it forces you to do more stuff like clear the corruption and fight bosses.

Terraria is one of the best games ever made. Its up there with CiV5,Paper Mario, and Slay the Spire.

I don't know hwat the fuck you 2 are arguing about, but anyone saying terraria is even remotely similar to minecraft is actually fucking retarded.

ACfag is proof of what happens when you try to prove things to shitposters with an agenda, and someone like you who thinks they can redefine the word "exactly" is clearly no different.

nah I'm sure there are all kinds of people in these threads even if you want to categorize everything into one group
sure though I'm overwhelmed with games atm as I got a new GPU after not having really played on PC for six months

it's the same game but in 2d tho

They just need to refine on the aspects that BoTW lacked in. Though From's take on Hyrule would be pretty cool

>He is yet to define cinematic experience in a consistent way.
I guess it's just my personal definition, but I would define it as a game that doesn't care about being a game, and exists to push the story first, or the graphics, or the music. To me, a GAME would want the gameplay at the forefront. If you're sacrificing gameplay because the story demands, then you're heading down the movie path. And if your game is just hallways and cutscenes, it's too late for you. Even JRPGs shouldn't be given an excuse here, as many of them will waste your time with tween drama and romance and cutscenes, and then they hope that grinding on monsters for 50 hours will make up for it. That's why I considered BOTW to be tainted with cinematic shit. alot of it it felt compromised for the sake of staying faithful to the "plot", whereas a gamey product like Minecraft doesn't care about the plot. It's basically background noise you can ignore.

take that as you will.

monolith isn't making zelda, they are most likely just doing the world design like they did for botw

botw has basically 0 (zero) plot though

>"developers"

>I didn't play the game

The textures don't bother me, it's the washed out colors that just don't do it for me...

the plot is
>ganon bad save zelda
and there are a handful of cutscenes about backstory they never place the plot over the gameplay even once

>I didn't play the game

I wonder if someone will port DXR ray tracing stuff to botw on CEMU, doesn't it use DX12 as the rendering backend?

i can tell

based

In terms of cutscenes, it's nowhere near as bad as Uncharted. I agree. However, the plot still dictates what you can really do, and most of the time it's restrictive. The gerudo complaints from earlier are an example. Link essentially being a white knight who defends the honor of m'lady means he's nothing more than a whipping boy for every NPC that comes his way, so your options of interacting with them are minimal, and if the NPCs are hostile, then that too limits your interactions. It also hurts the main quests with the divine beasts. Link should be capable of handling all of them by himself, especially Vah Naboris since the thunder helm has no stipulations about being worn by men, and isn't designed to be exclusive to the gerudo. However, we need to establish that Link is a "good guy" who "loves everyone" so he now needs escorts to help him with the divine beasts, which siometimes leads to boring things like escort missions (Vah Rudania for example).

Stay mad forever.

except you don't have to do any of that

Yeah, it looks awful, thank god the actual game looks great on the Switch

Attached: 1511650298944.gif (834x870, 327K)

In terms of killing ganon, they are optional, but if you want to approach the divine beasts, they are mandatory. And that is content, so you can't just write it off as unnecessary. The whole point of BOTW is that there's alot of content to explore, so it should be worthwhile. Just telling me to skip it all is a waste of my 60 dollars.

>kiddies on 4channel

>The real visual problems are the washed colors
You never played the game. We already had this argument with you idiots for two years. Switch has different RGB settings and people use incorrect ones when taking screenshots or recording, and it makes the game look way more washed out than it actually is on the console screen or a TV with the right settings. Stop simply parroting anything you hear someone else on Yea Forums say and play the fucking game.

I think his point is that open ended goals are better, like say your objective is to take down the divine beast however you can literally do it in any way the physics and game mechanics allow instead of going through some planned out thing

simple goals that are hard to achieve but also you have to come up with your own approach to how to achieve it idk

his point is to continuously alternate between vaguely related and nebulous complaints trying to bait people into an argument

not him but I had a switch and I did set it to full range because I played on a full range monitor (rgb range retards, this rgb range shit is all about what you display uses, limited works fine on limited range displays etc.) and this doesn't fix shit

>BAIT and switch

I keep trying to like this game, but I can't, Zelda-bros. It just doesn't engage me like it does for other people. It doesn't even feel like a Zelda game to me. I feel frustrated. I can't force myself to like this game.

Attached: 1535975435499.jpg (675x477, 137K)

okay if so then you fell for it and you're the biggest retard there ever was, though honestly I think you're just a regular old tard who can't cope with the fact that some people actually do have different views when it comes to what constitutes as fun, go ahead and deploy some lousy remark

The user you're replying to was right though. I just would've liked the freedom to skip alot of the NPC quests and dialogue and approach the divine beasts myself. Storywise there shouldn't have been an issue, since I'm the champion and I'm allowed passage into the beasts. I wanted to use the zora armor to approach Vah Ruto, maybe use upward gusts to approach Vah Medoh, use a mountain range and the thunder helm to approach Vah Naboris, and maybe even use timestop on a boulder to rapidly approach Vah Rudania. If they were far harder to approach this way, I wouldn't have a problem with that. I love challenge. The option would've been nice.

>It doesn't even feel like a Zelda game to me.

Its one of the most Zelda games ever made zoomerboi. Its literally Zelda in its most distilled and purest form.

Attached: Duj30PhXgAAJN.jpg (659x659, 331K)

I doubt most people think of zelda 1 when they think of what zelda games are

Nothing wrong with the textures

Attached: 1541344758140.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

>I doubt most people think of zelda 1 when they think of what zelda games are

Its almost like Nintendo were trying to recapture the spirit of the original NES game for the 30th anniversary of the series or something.

Attached: GA.04623.0002.jpg (1027x287, 108K)

>It doesn't even feel like a Zelda game to me
For me it actually was the first "big" Zelda game I felt like it was as open and fun to explore as older Zelda titles. OOT, MM and TP ruined people, good Zelda games are ones that are as open as possible, I had way more fun with ALBW than I ever did with the three mentioned above, same with BOTW.

It's okay user. There's always next time.

>NO U MAD
cope

Ok but that doesn't make a difference to what user said does it

Also, if I may add on to this, I found it hypocritical that Nintendo fans would repeatedly post webms of Uncharted 4 and call it SJW shit because it showed a strong womyn of color beating up Nathan Drake, and how it was dumb that he didn't fight back. Naturally I found it odd that these same fans would defend the gerudo being given special treatment and being allowed to treat link like dirt because he was a voe. But then I remember "it's okay because they're sexy" because that's not the sign of a horny child or anything.

Doesn't mean he's right either. Zelda means different things to different people. BotW is the Zelda game I always wanted; a fully realised world of Hyrule to go off exploring and making my own adventure in.

Yeah no one is right when it comes to opinions

>Yeah no one is right when it comes to opinions

This is true. All opinions are subjective.

However, we can objectively observe that the vast majority of subjective opinions about BotW are overwhelmingly positive.

Attached: 1521582606810.webm (654x428, 2.99M)

K but that doesn't change the individual experience one bit so, I don't like fortnite, most experiences are positive, I like botw, most views are positive, shits just not useful for anything but shitposting

What movie is this so I can avoid it?

>However, we can objectively observe that the vast majority of subjective opinions about BotW are overwhelmingly positive.
We can also observe that the vast majority aren't always right. Have you forgotten already which console leads in sales this gen? Which movie games get the most praise on metacritic, only 2 points behind BOTW and Mario Odyssey? Would you argue that God of War is objectively good because 10 million people like it?

it looks fine, I wish they put more detail on Miphas bobs and brapper though

Attached: princess_mipha_by_evomanaphy-dbl64u9.png (1280x1791, 1.98M)

Jesus Christ why can't I have GameBoy and Cake while getting Mom-Dom'd into my first cum squirt?

>Would you argue that God of War is objectively good because 10 million people like it?

No I'd argue that GoW is fantastic because I played it and had a great time.

I had a better time with BotW though.

>No I'd argue that GoW is fantastic because I played it and had a great time.

Attached: c49.jpg (600x439, 72K)

This.

Is this the power of Nintendo?

Her fucking what?!

It annoys me that you two think the only thing that makes it "Zelda" is the open world. There was always more to Zelda than that. The fact that the basic gameplay is extremely different from any Zelda game before it should tip you off of that.

a tourist I see

>500 posts
>128 IPs
Wow, Sony is surely sending their '''best'''.

to be fair OOC was quite different from previous zelda titles

Too bad the only thing they captured was the "you can go anywhere" part of Zelda 1 and literally nothing else.

Attached: 1547167830857.png (324x358, 124K)

Some the best Zelda games are the curveball ones, like Majoras Mask and Link's Awakening.

No matter how much haters try and deny it, BotW has ALL the hallmarks of Zelda - its simply a different spin on it. And many would argue that its a welcome return to the core concept of what Zelda is, a concept you could argue that the series has lost its way over the years.

Either way who cares. All that matters is whether or not BotW is a good game. Which it is.

Besides Minecraft and Terraria, what would those gems be according to you?

Since the thread is about to die.

Attached: GOTY 2012-2019.jpg (1344x1320, 302K)

>posting a non-canon book published by Westerners as what "true" Zelda is
what's next, the cartoon? Fuck off Dobson

exactly. The new image is indeed a NO U. Glad you agree