What’s the most influential game since Zelda OoT?

What’s the most influential game since Zelda OoT?

Attached: AD6B183E-8883-4759-A395-BA2EFF969CF6.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

Smash Melee

OoT 3D

Resident Evil 4
/thread

Serious answers, please

GTA

This. And PT for horror games, jesus stop making so many corridor simulators you fags.

gta 3

DayZ

Dark Souls is the OoT of the 2010's, and literally nobody can refute this.

Attached: 1541451868858s.jpg (125x125, 2K)

Also, for my serious pick, it would have to be Grand Theft Auto III

TLOU influenced more games, it single handily started the movie game & realistic graphics trend that every Western developer is copying

Wut?

Skyrim probably, since even Zelda couldn't resist jumping on the sandbox bandwagon.

Attached: s-l300.jpg (163x266, 16K)

Gears of war for shooters

Every other single player game like MGSV and Hitman need always online network shit now. Fuck Dark Souls.

no order, and even if there are better games in the series they are from, these are the ones that stand out.

Minecraft
Dark Souls
Overwatch
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Resident Evil 4
PUBG/Fortnite

I'm sure i'm forgetting a few, but these games either:
1. Changed entire genres (for better or worse)
2. Has multiple companies and individuals trying to imitate their success (for better or worse)
3. Created sub-genres (for better or worse)
4. Stole the entire attention of the industry (for better or worse)

No, Half Life 2 did. It just took a decade for it to catch on.

I'd say TF2 instead of Overwatch and I would also include League of Legends for MOBAs and WoW for MMOs

These are objectively the most influential games ever, and no being the first to do something is irrelevant. So don't cry about "MUH DOOM"
> 1. Super Mario 64
> 2. Ocarina of Time
> 3. Street Fighter II
> 4. Resident Evil
> 5. GoldenEye 007
> 6. Resident Evil 4
> 7. Metal Gear Solid
> 8. Final Fantasy VI
> 9. Grand Theft Auto III
> 10. Super Metroid
> 11. Half-Life 2
> 12. Final Fantasy VII
> 13. Ico (2001)
> 14. World of WarCraft
> 15. Cave Story
> 16. Assassin's Creed

OoT had large cultural resonance but is it really that influential? There aren't that many games that ape off it. Something like Minecraft, Skyrim or DOTA arguably had much more influence than OoT ever did.

>League of Legends for MOBAs and WoW for MMOs
completely agree

Kill yourself Zoomer, Rockstar themselves even claimed that OOT & Mario 64 are the 2 most influential games ever made.

Resident Evil 4
Dark Souls
Probably some other shit but those are the two that came to mind

Team Fortress 2

>Ico (2001)
How?

The targeting system
Miyazaki and one of the lead devs at Naughty Dog have noted it as a huge influence. It's probably influenced some other devs as well.

World of Warcraft, for better or worse (mostly the latter)

GTA 3
Dark Souls
CoD 4
Half-Life 2
WoW
PUBG

Just a few off the top of my head

you are confusing "objective" with "subjective", those are clearly your personal opinions, which I might add, are terrible. most of those are not all that influential, much less good.

I think Halo was more influential than CoD4 but I could be wrong. Also not sure what Half Life 2 influenced.

Resident Evil 4
Minecraft
Dark Souls

My favorite videogame. And more seriously, Ultima.

Oblivion

Horse Armor

Halo was better/higher quality, but not more influential. Everyone was playing catch up with Cod when 4 came out.

I threw HL2 on there for it's influence on cinematic games

GTA3 and its not even close. It's the reason Zelda would jump open world 16 years later lmao