Original games goes through a development hell of PS3 to Vita transition midway through

>Original games goes through a development hell of PS3 to Vita transition midway through
>Game proceeds to be sent out to die on the console that was sent out to die
>Game is one of the best handheld games despite this
>Arguably underperforms even by the Vita's standards, doesn't click with Japan at all
>By all accounts, what was supposed to be a new core Playstation series has managed to only appeal to weebs, not even japanese people, JUST weebs
>The series gets a second chance at life on the PS4
>Remaster gets incredibly crap advertising and similarly underperforms
>Japan sales are driven up by westerners trying to obtain physical copies because they didn't give physical copies to every region
>Sony knows all of this and then says "Yeah do a large scale extensive sequel for consoles, lets make it one of the most visually impressive games of the gen, sounds good"
>"Also lets add an online service but make it free and shut it down in a year instead of using our paid online service"
>Sony proceeds to not advertise that they're making it at all
>Sends it out to die
>Despite all this it ends up being an amazing game
What the fuck even is the Gravity Rush series? Is it a money laundering scheme?

The whole series and all the decisions surrounding it seem to defy logic.

Attached: 1531979762470.png (2000x982, 1.83M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pUg0T-uQ7WA
youtube.com/watch?v=Czx65TWQA94
youtube.com/watch?v=JbdSDXnURPI
youtube.com/watch?v=aN7nsQ4lKGE
youtu.be/0INIMjvtCL4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>The whole series and all the decisions surrounding it seem to defy logic.
Sony isn't the smartest company.

Something something cinematic trash casual pandering PlayStation All Stars arrogance whatever

2 should have been on the vita
the world is too big on the ps4 and it gets boring, it was better when it was more condensed.

Fuck no, the scale of 2 is incredible and it magnificently complements the new powers. Get some tastes Vitlet.

When Ape Escape 4 is announced, you won't even remember Kat.

It probably was but the chances are development switched halfway which is why 2 is kind of glitchy at times.

>Implying she wont make a cameo in that game and fuck Spike

Sony did advertise GR2. There were online ads for me months before and going up to a year after release. There were a couple TV ads too.

Please stop equating "they didn't show a trailer on mainstage at E3" as "no marketing". Especially when GR was always purposefully held for TGS, where GR1, GR Remastered and GR2 were all announced and given major new trailers.

Attached: 1441563879979.jpg (328x466, 26K)

Such a shame, Sony really is reluctant to give a damn about her. It's because it's not a movie game like Last of Us and you can see her nipples poking out.

Gravity Rush should have never been a handheld series in the first place.
youtube.com/watch?v=pUg0T-uQ7WA
Compare the complexity of PS3 Hekseville with the one we got. It's night and day.

Gravity Rush 2 was the series finally being able to live up to it's potential.

Attached: 1531987460222.jpg (622x958, 254K)

They've specifically been asked when the decision to make it a PS4 game was made and they said it was very early in development.

>2 is kind of glitchy at times
What. The closest thing to glitchy I can think of is some wonky physics fuckery at high speed, but every open world game has that. Spider-Man has that too.

Something with cutesy anime girls in tight outfits on the cover is very difficult to market no matter how good the game is. This game was doomed from the get go.

What glitches? The only thing I can think of that comes close is the fact that 2 has an excessive amount of pop-in

But the Senran games make good money, don't they?

Personally I've had the game drop a hell of a lot of frames and then crash on me a few times.
Then there's things like this.

Attached: GR Glitch.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

That's a concept trailer, and not really indicative of what "PS3 Hekseville" might have looked like.

I agree with you that 2 is visually and in terms of physics, much better at portraying what the game is going for and that that's because they made it for PS4, but I don't think that means the series "should never have been a handheld game".

The autistic bullshit that is constantly around this game of "IT SHOULD BE PORTABLE" and "IT SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN PORTABLE" is honestly retarded. GR1 was impressive as fuck on the Vita, still is to this day as there are few open world portable games and most of the big ones (Breath of the Wild) aren't designed around crazy movement (though BotW does allow for it if you push the physics to an extreme). But GR2 took the hardware of the PS4 and made great use of it to add world detail and physics that bring across what the series is going for wonderfully. Both are good.

My fucking sides, that never happened to me

Don't forget Sony funded an OVA midquel and GR2 got free DLC

Never had a crash in about 70 hours of GR2. And that webm just looks like physics jankiness, which is common in every open world game because sometimes the animation system goes wrong because of some shit. Like three days ago I had a moment where Spiderman was stuck in a swinging position while I was just gliding through the air because he caught on a building for a split second.

That's just standard video game shit, and not specifically indicative of the target platform being changed half way through dev.

>And that webm just looks like physics jankiness
Not him but there's nothing physics related there exactly.
Spiderman also doesn't have physics based swinging.

On what budget?

Production values are much lower tho. Gravity Rush cost considerably more money than Senran or Nep games, yet the sales are about the same. Bottom line that means shit revenue.

It's alright for low-budget titles to appeal to a niche audience but bigger titles need more mass appeal. GR with a different protag design and a darker setting could have been a lot more successful.

Not like I would want that, tho.

Worst I ever had was a single crash when I was replaying a mission. Never had anything else happen save for pop-in textures.

Attached: 1527113451272.jpg (1400x1009, 355K)

>still no scans of the gravity rush manga's last chapters

GR3 when?

>>Game is one of the best handheld games despite this
weeb delusion

Whatever you call the way the game assumes specific animations based on how you're acting, then.

Fun fact, Sony deliberately hints at what they're working on years in advanced God of War was referenced as far back as 2013.
youtube.com/watch?v=Czx65TWQA94
God of War
>Arrows on the hood 0:04
>The imagination of a brilliant child, and the powers of an ancient god 0:15
>Omega symbol 0:40

youtube.com/watch?v=JbdSDXnURPI
Shadow of the Colossus remake
>Argo and ruins 1:40
Hints at Jak and Daxter
>Power cell 1:10
>Precussor Orbs 0:13, 0:30, 1:21

>Iron Man VR
0:03
>MediEvil remake
0:17
>Demon's Souls
0:32
>Ghost of Tsushima
0:38, 0:45

PS5. Let's hope Sony actually fucking advertises one of their most unique IPs this time.

>world is too big
Get the fuck out, Ireland. Every fucking salty Vitafag that never played 2, watched some fucking Youtube Let's Play by some fucking braincancer monkey and then comes here saying "uh, GR 1 was so much better than 2, 2 fucked up the series durr" deserves to be fucking curbed stomped. You have LITERALLY 0 arguments to say that 1 is a better game than 2. Not only is 2 better in terms of narrative and visuals, the two new styles and the online interactions made it fun as fuck. 1 is a great game in its own right, and should have been as big a system seller as fucking P4G was, but 2 just knocks it out of the fucking park.

>youtube.com/watch?v=Czx65TWQA94
thats pretty cool but what was the reference to travel time like a ocean at 0:38? I hope I can find a reference for LoD/wild arms/alundra somewhere.

are there other examples?

I think it's just one person in power at Sony that really likes Gravity Rush and is willing to give it another chance over and over.

So look for apples and cats in this type of stuff is basically what you're saying?

I hope I can find a reference for LoD/wild arms/alundra somewhere.

Bit of a stretch, but the guy at 0:18. Look at his arms. We already know Wild ARMs is in the works.

>reeee its sonys fault people didnt buy the game after many chances they gave the series
Major cope

Based retard

Attached: GRAVITY_RUSH_2_20180119102054(5).webm (320x180, 2.94M)

>We already know Wild ARMs is in the works
We do? I know media vision is working on a new rpg but I thought new wild arms was gacha. I am really bad at spotting references. So is 0:15 a Harry Potter reference with the girl on the right?

Media vision had a job listing for a PS4 RPG that blends sci-fi with wild west

Right after they finished VC4 job listings went up

gematsu.com/2018/07/media-vision-hiring-for-ps4-rpg

Sorry you cant accept facts

Weeb games never reach close numbers to AAA blockbuster sales. What Sony has to do with it?

>2 should have been on the vita
>game drops to 15 fps on the ps4
yeah that would be a good idea

near a tomato sold a lot and it's a thoroughly weeb game

>PS5. Let's hope Sony actually fucking advertises one of their most unique IPs this time.
Is it likely that GR3 will happen? I think 2 did better enough than the original to warrant a sequel, especially for a relatively niche series

>Sony proceeds to not advertise that they're making it at all
youtu.be/0INIMjvtCL4

Nice. I have only watched the anime and enjoyed the idea. I hope we get a collection for ps4/5.

I cant wait for Kat to be in Smash and Gravity Rush 3 comes out for Switch!

I mean, you can't guarantee good sales with marketing, but fucking hell, the game didn't even appear on Sony's press conference at E3 2016, despite the fact that fucking Days Gone had both a trailer and a gameplay showcase.

>My asspain is facts
Lmao ok kid

>Posted on their youtube with zero fanfare or promotion, never televised, never shown during a major conference, not displayed on the playstation store
>Bud ids adverdismend

Attached: brenlit.png (211x239, 5K)

It helps that Automata was actually good and an easy sell as a Platinum action game. Compare that to GR where no one can agree on what genre it's even trying to be.

You forgot
>Doesn't even tell you anything about the game

It was in Japan.
The game bombed because of its marketing being targeted towards the female demographic of Japan mainly. Ain't no way in hell any girl will buy a PS4 for that game.

But that is a lie tho.

>No gameplay footage, just two Japanese girls chimping out at a cat

>It was in Japan.
>The region where the series is the least popular
>S-Sony did a fine job advertising the series user, what are you talking about?

Don't forget Spike

So you didn't watch the video?
I never said they did a fine job advertising the game. I just said that they DID. Besides that is a great commercial.
The biggest problem is just that the game doesn't look interesting to many people on the outside. Ironically it looks too anime.

Besides i know both of you didn't get this game day one like i did. You are the reason this game didn't ever get any momentum to begin with.

I am unsure. The director did say that if GR3 was happening, it would be on new hardware. So yeah, if it doesn't appear on PS5 I'm guessing that's it for good ol' GR.

There's about 20 seconds of rapid fire gameplay footage at the end of a 4 minute video.

And bad advertisement can be even worse than no advertisement. Just look at the WiiU.

That isn't bad advertisement. It makes the gameplay look much more flashy than it actually is.
You will never be able to convince me that this ad was bad at all. It is a fantastic ad for the targeted demographic. However the target audience just dgaf about video games mostly.
You can't expect Sony to market the game towards a different audience than what the game director and developers are trying to cater to.

>That isn't bad advertisement
It's a fun little short movie but it's exactly a bad advertisement. It doesn't honestly or clearly communicate what the product is about to it's potential customer in the slightest

>It doesn't honestly or clearly communicate what the product is about to it's potential customer in the slightest
But it does. It introduces the gravity gimmick and then it shows a montage of gameplay sequences with the said gravity gimmick.
You would have to have single digit IQ to not understand what the product is.
Do you want them to explain the story or something?

>Well over 90% of the commercial is real life people
>Honest or informative in any way
Based retard

There's also the fact that even if you were right about it being effective, it's only effective after 4 minutes of footage. Which is well over the limit for it to be effective or even present on any major advertising platform like television commercials or in front of youtube videos or on the playstation store. All this commercial was good for was sitting on their youtube page and collecting a dinky amount of views compared to what a potential sensible advertising campaign would have achieved with a standard combination of E3/TV advertising/Youtube advertising/and advertising on PS4.

>Which is well over the limit for it to be effective or even present on any major advertising platform like television commercials or in front of youtube videos or on the playstation store.
it would seem you don't understand how marketing works.
Gravity Rush has like 5 different trailers. Who do you think had to foot the bill on making those?
What do you think the purpose of those trailers were? Face it, people just didn't find the game interesting from the outside.
>collecting a dinky amount of views compared to what a potential sensible advertising campaign would have achieved with a standard combination of E3/TV advertising/Youtube advertising/and advertising on PS4.
They would at best double the day 1 sales, but everything would remain the exact same. The Last Guardian got that treatment, yet it didn't sell. Explain.

>The Last Guardian got that treatment, yet it didn't sell.
The Last Guardian got bad reviews, nice false equivalence stupid.

>Gravity Rush has like 5 different trailers
And Sony has fucked up on giving all of them proper exposure.