Any other members of the master race on Yea Forums?

any other members of the master race on Yea Forums?

Attached: images[2].png (225x225, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/15th/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Oh whoops didn't mean to post LS, here we go

Attached: HBG.png (320x320, 5K)

Chinese Valor shitters.

>implying
World is where it's at nerd

Why, yes, i do use Hunting Horn

>is my wife

Attached: summer.jpg (240x240, 26K)

Attached: ap,550x550,12x12,1,transparent,t.u4.png (550x550, 53K)

That's a weird switchaxe

I've tried, but I can't use anything else with any consistency

Attached: swordandshield.png (280x280, 16K)

>permanent valor mode built in to moveset
Disgusting

I'm a simple man. I see a monster noggin, I bonk it. I don't toot, I don't dance, I just knock monster teeth out.

Attached: ap,550x550,12x12,1,transparent,t.u4.png (550x550, 34K)

If I see one more of you little longsword faggots slapping your entire team around because you want to do your epic weeb slash I'm gonna juggle you in the air with my hammer forever.

Attached: 1500853065943.jpg (470x490, 50K)

It was the next logical step and the weapons seriously benefit from it.

/thread

Attached: hammer.png (224x224, 2K)

Much appreciated hammerbro. Please, allow me to assist you in your head bashing journey, I shall poke from the side.

Attached: itemicon030.png (320x320, 5K)

>tfw everyone hates ls and bow users for tripping others
>tfw ls and bow users have perfect synergy together

LS and bows are bros for life.

Attached: bow.png (320x320, 5K)

>It's like one of my Japanese animes!
You know the best would always be GS. every swing it's like droping my bick dick at the monster, im fucking and killing it at the same time.

I only use Hammer, GS and Bow, sorry.

I never tried Valor HBG. Whats the playstyle like?

Same, hh main but I play mghu not world

ls and bow faggots are almost always the worst players and typically do the most stupid shit imaginable

It's extremely overpowered. A lot of bad players use it online, usually the Chinese, seriously, fuck them. They are the worst.

>perfect balance of speed, power, and defense
CB is for protagonists.

ME KNOW IS NOT GREAT
ME KNOW NOT AS USEFUL AS LS
ME KNOW LESS STAGGER THAN HAMMER
BUT ME LIKE HELP, ME LIKE GRAB BIG MONSTER ATTENTION SO FRIENDS CAN DO HURT BIG MONSTER
ME NOT LIKED, BUT ME LIKE YOU

Attached: flat,1000x1000,075,f.u4.jpg (1000x1000, 51K)

Any weapon other than Lance, Gunlance, Hammer and Greatsword is fucking gay. Maybe HBG gets pass every now and then just for fun, but only every now and then.

UNGA BUNGA ME SWITCHAXE ME WILD SWING

Attached: bb5e2c278467f2849302dfbdd945df7d.png (420x420, 157K)

>swordlet mad that bows have the fastest killtimes

Lel

I have always hated GL. Is it better in World?

My fellow lance bro

Attached: Would you look at that.jpg (394x386, 54K)

ME SORRY FOR KNOCKING YOU DOWN, ME USING WIDE SHELLS

>get bank into World recently, on PS4
>that third and fourth hit of the Circle combo with Hammer
>tfw using the poison hammer and not only whacking these things, but seeing that poison tick too

Attached: 1500319254156.png (621x640, 277K)

World hh has spoiled me, it just doesn't feel as good when playing it in any other game.

>give GL a fair shot
>don't really like it that much
>ignore it and lance
>thousands of hours of monster hunter later
>give lance a fair shot
>it's my ideal weapon
i'm sorry it took me so long

>Bowlet mad at being called out so brags about his absolute crutch weapon being overpowered

Good for you champ, you killed the monster!!

No idea if this is still true, but there was a time in World where GL was the highest DPS weapon, but only from doing one really lame combo over and over.

gotcha bitch

Fuck weeb weapon. Lance master race here. Fucking knighting over monsters like there's no tomorrow. Don't need to dodge shit because of superior European armor.

no, it's the same shit with a few tweaks, they added a
>UUGA BUUGA BIIIIIIIIG BOOOM
it's a retarded turtle gameplay only fit to boom boom retards such as myself
>using wide shells ever
ME RETARD, BUT NOT THIS RETARD BECAUSE TIGHT SHELLS IS BIG NUMBER

What's wrong with being gay, user?

>bowfaggot brags about using crutches and getting carried by chinks
lol

Right here my man. This speed, this power and this reach is all I've ever needed since gen 2.
Charge Blade is pretty good too though.

Attached: 0e3fc2797d1e07b7e1719408ca44ac5e.jpg (600x399, 31K)

>tfw no 3U, 4U or XX on Vita

Attached: 1552085912009.jpg (370x251, 21K)

capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/15th/
The anniversary celebration is fucking shit.
GL is kinda consistent in its shittiness.
Are there many chinamen online?

Attached: mainart.jpg (1920x1080, 3.01M)

>15th anniversary passed without a word, just a little promo render of all the flagships
what the fuck are they doing

LS is edgy enough to begin with, but half the weapons being scythes is a little much for me.

longsword and bow are the pinnacle of cringe, they're the most braindead weapons you can use and almost all the players you encounter that use them do incredibly retarded things constantly. it's full UNGA mode for dummies who have no patience to actually learn a weapon with depth.

they crash around me

>He never used a bombardier with artillery god on a wide shell funlance killing monsters solely by shelling them with charge shots

t. deadweight sns users, maybe one day you'll be to kill a monster under 30 minutes!

Who here /still playing MHGU/

It's just so good.

Attached: 1545722396188.png (1092x985, 1M)

Why’d you have to try and put a rift between horn and hammer players fuck off with that shit

I think the hammer is pretty simple too but I'm currently playing MH3U. Has the hammer become more complex in MHW?

>katanoob

it really isn't

Hammerfags think they're hot shit.

My secondary love this weapon

Thanks to slopes it's become more braindead than ever.

Glavenus and Valstrac for Iceborne please

>he wants his explosions to start OUTSIDE the monster
bitch please, I am autistic enough to play GL, surely you don't expect me, the pinnacle of retardation using anything but the worst efficient combos ever, do you ?

My brothers

Attached: 1479738534586.jpg (500x750, 371K)

The hammer is simple but requires you to time hits and reposition. With longsword you can totally just get away with spam, and none of the bow weapons take any skill or strat at all.

Revving up for the 20th fool!

They announced some shitty merchandise on the Japanese site. See above your post.

plurality decides which weapon i start 3U with

I didn't say anything negative about Honking Horn, I said I don't do it. I have one job, and it's clubbing brains.

Gunlance

How high is your HR?

I can't stop playing Valor Greatsword. It's pure sex. Vaor HBG is 2ez. I used to dick around with Hammer a lot. What other weapon should I try?

I'd rather have a real fight with an sns than backflip stunlock elder dragon kills in under a minute

Stop playing Valor.

I dropped World for GU and never looked back

Longsword

I've been playing bow since Freedom and bow just feels fucking right in World. Being stronger than its ever been is just icing on the cake.
GS and Hammer are similarly more fun with their changes too, TCS and full big bang combos make me cream myself.

I play LS, GS, Bow, CB, Lance, GL, DS.

Attached: ashura-watermark.png (600x784, 799K)

Yeah same.

My ideal MH game would be a mix between 4U and GU/XX but with the visuals being somewhere between those and World.

The lance is truly the most based weapon.Jousting monsters and parrying every attack they throw at you is so satisfying.The lance in world had so many QOL improvements over previous entries.It was tough to go back to the classic style in GU but the rhenoplus charge made up for it.

World bow was monkey's paw as fuck. Weapon finally gets the recognition it deserves, feels great and is even more fun to play, but becomes so powerful that it's flooded with idiots and becomes one of the most hated weapons. I was fine with being mediocre and forgotten in comparison.

Gunlance

GL it is, thanks boys

Valor Hammer
Charge Attacks are so satisfying to hit while you glide around with those sidesteps

Admit it. You can't even solo him.

Attached: 1546288411817.png (602x480, 283K)

np

I can solo deviants but it's a huge resource drain every time

What's your favorite monster to fight Yea Forums?

Attached: 1484068245337.jpg (540x960, 181K)

I like fast, and I like flying.

Attached: MHWInsectGlaive[1].png (283x303, 15K)

4U Brachy. Fighting him for the first time was when I finally learned how to properly use CB and it felt amazing.

Attached: e697435febb85791bbeaef07b2a4fe5058b79b96v2_hq.jpg (866x1024, 75K)

Literally charge blade and the insect glaive are the most fun weapons.

I recently got World again on PC, liking it a lot better than when I played it on PS4. But holy fuck the weapon visual variety still pisses me off.
>No Dragonmaiden axe into Azure Rosebloom even though every Rath needed is in the game
>No Cera Cymmetry even though both Blos are in the game
>HAMMER DOESN'T EVEN GET RED BLUDGEON WHAT THE FUCK

World’s Bow is also deceptively difficult while being top tier so it really is the formula attract the the worst crowd

How would you describe your strategy user? I play a lot of CB and still struggle with Brachy quite a bit

Fellow poke bloke

There's definitely something very soothing when you get into the rhythm of guarding/power-guarding/counter-thrusting every attack and getting pokes in in-between.

Attached: howtoplaylance.png (600x446, 299K)

Magalas, or 3 of the fantastic 4 minus Popodrome, or Valstrax. Brach's a good one too

Valor gunlance is the weapon I always wanted, it's a shame you have to deal with building valor, bust GL becomes so fucking fun with two mere changes: quick reload with guard point, and comboing poke out of slam
It's just so fucking sex, what GL should have always been

Attached: 1540735117593.png (730x382, 223K)

based

Attached: mhwcard.png (1920x1080, 2.31M)

I haven't played world since AT Teostra on PC, what has happened since then? Did the meta change from Behemoth armor set?

>haven't played world in a while
>boot it up because at xeno is on pc
>get ready
>start quest
>get one shot by a laser because even though I was sprinting away my character rolled instead of superman jump
>then get hit by random blasts
>stunned
>faint a second time
>quit
Guess I really won't be playing world until iceborn. I feel like utter trash for quitting that fast but on the other hand arch tempered monsters are shit

Every melee class is locked into behemoth because muh sharpness
Bowgunfags are locked into at xeno because muh spare shot
Bow is AT teo for muh max affinity

>Monster hunter meta
What kind of hell has that game unleashed

big brain bro, amidsts unga bungas

Meta is like cancer of online games. As long as the game continues to live, it will develop one and then all the fun will be consumed by it, as it turns into a self-sustaining system at the cost of the game itself. People will strive for the meta, and they will drive away those who try to work outside it.

I don't know much, since I don't gun.
When you roll, you can hold the button to go into a sprint that costs no stamina. You can do this while in siege mode. I think you can also slide back into siege mode out of the dash.
I used to main GL until I got bored of the limited moves. Valor brings it back to being one of my favirites in GU.

Fucking hell I was hoping something would come in and change it. Hopefully iceborne has a bunch of new armor so behemoth isn't just the absolute best for melee

>tfw sword&shieldfag

Well on the bright side, if capcom continues the formula with behemoth / extremoth / ancient leshen and add more challenging party boss fight in iceborne, people will continue to love having healing sns in the party. You’ll get to be a great heal slut while cucking hunting horn fags out of the preferred support position.

How badly did they fuck it up in World? It was good for once in Gen/GU.

>pick the big sword
>kille monster
>get even bigger swor
why even use anything else ever haha fucking idiots

Attached: .png (320x320, 9K)

ALLOW ME TO PLAY YOU THE SONG OF MY PEOPLE

Attached: 3546457.png (550x550, 43K)

It’s a really safe weapon because it is so mobile, has a shield, and be able to use items and grapple without sheathing. It also has great utility by be able to mount like a god, do some ko, and apply status if you choose to run para sns or something like that. However, the trade off is that the damage is really medicore and just to reach that medicore damage, you’ll have to do spam this really awkward air shield bash attack with really small hit box. It’s like trying to land helm breaker on a weakspot but 10x harder and less rewarding.

>pick the big sword
>Hit the monster maybe three times the entire hunt
>Say you're helping because BIG NUMBERS
use shoulder tackle more often you fuck

Deviants and the deviant system is shit.
Incredible fights if they weren't hp bloated shit hitzone cunts.
Hyper monsters also are way to tanky.

Attached: 1527177352963.jpg (580x580, 196K)

>jelly of big sword chads having the biggest numbers

Attached: 1453678387277.png (300x300, 37K)

Attached: mygod_Trimm.webm (1280x720, 1.33M)

But monster hunter is about doing what you can with what you get. The biggest casuals are always the ones decked in the best armor 'cuz they'd die otherwise.

Attached: MH2.jpg (946x614, 285K)

Where are my prowlerbros at
I cant be the only one

I've gotten bored of GS, LS and HBG, fuck Lance, and all the other weapons are awful for endgame monsters.

i havent played GU yet but wouldnt G-rank powercreep just make em total ez babby mode

Right here
Dodging through bloodbath diablos with beast prowler while all the shitters cart to him makes me feel good

Will we ever get a good MH game where there aren't just 2-3 weapons that are arbitrarily twice as strong as all the others, or worse? Like, I can deal with only playing those weapons, but I'd have more fun if things were a bit more equal.

>Marrying your Palico
This kind of demented behavior will be the end of Astera.

>Adept Tempest Axe Swaxe
SPIN TO WIN

Where would the fun be in that? Imbalance is always welcome in PvE games, there's way more variety if some weapons are way better than others. Plus you need OP weapons to make farming tolerable.

better dps coming through

Attached: switch axe.jpg (1024x1448, 990K)

games that are "perfectly balanced" are boring as fuck.

No weapon are twice as strong or twice as weak. Don’t let TA wrap your perspective of the game. For an average player, weapon is around the same in power

Redhelm lv. 1 has 3600 HP. Redhelm G-rank has 20,000.

Or specialize on something other that speedkills, like how the Gunlance breaks parts much faster.

The goal is to hit 1000 hunts with Heavy Bowgun. Just farmed AT Xeno for the armor since she came out on PC last night.

Attached: mhw profile 4-5-19.jpg (1911x1078, 1.37M)

>No weapon are twice as strong or twice as weak
Valor HBG in GU, Bow and Glutton in World, IG in 4U...

You don't need to be a speedrunner to dunk on every other weapon with these. Also, even if these didn't exist, every MH game also has obviously underpowered weapons that will sinificantly underperform compared to other weapons at all skill levels.

>SnS will never be as amazing as it was GU ever again
Why the FUCK didn't thry bring the Oils in World

The thing is people don't realise that once one gets to around 300 damage output, one starts getting diminished returns. Realising this freed me from the narrow confines of crit meta thinking, and made me start to experiment more. There's so much more to the game than "Neset and crit skills", there really is. It's exciting at first but after a few hundred hours of it it gets boring using same set. All other sets exist to refresh the experience and there's more possibilities than a lot of people realise.

For me its satisfying finding a good synergy in a set of skills I devise / unique compounds of skills. A lot also depends on what monsters one concentrates on.

Crit meta is OK for general use but is often far from optimal especially considering how much variance there is in the weapons themselves. Like two different Great Swords may require two different builds to tap their respective potential.

Any good SnS Para builds out there for MHW? I could never get satisfied with mine from PC vanilla.

My nigga

How does making several entire weapon types completely underpowered and others so broken you literally can't play them without trivializing the game make anything more fun?

Nobody's asking for perfect balance, just something actually resembling fair advantages and drawbacks. Going from a top tier weapon to a bottom tier one in GU doesn't even feel like you're playing the same game anymore.

Imagine not playing every weapon type and choosing to "main" a weapon in fucking Monster Hunter.
this is very outdated and I've been using Prowler a lot more for gather quests because they suck at everything else

Attached: 1542459610870.jpg (965x709, 100K)

No I disagree. The Deviant system is the meat and potatoes of GU. The game isnt complete if you don't have all the pigments.

>But monster hunter is about doing what you can with what you get. The biggest casuals are always the ones decked in the best armor 'cuz they'd die otherwise.
Depends on what stage of their hunter life they're at. Everyone new has fun getting all the way up and decking out in the best armor once and statstomping the lineup once or twice, it's a guilty pleasure but it's still something to have done. The question is whether they stop there or whether instead they then go into reverse, removing more and more armor and downgrading as their skills continue to improve.

DOOT

Your weeb is weak, young child. Here's me in 3U like 5 years ago.

Attached: Picture2 - Copy.png (675x546, 695K)

Absolutely disgusting

Attached: B220AA33-3355-42D0-BA4C-B6A17D44448F.gif (448x252, 2.26M)

>Crit meta is OK for general use but is often far from optimal
Uh, no. Critical skills are far more abundant on good armor sets. Critical skills are more efficient with the inflated base raw values on weapons in GU. Critical Boost is, in the endgame, the single most efficient damage boosting skill in the entire franchise, adding around 50 raw by itself.

There is no way to compete with crit meta. There just isn't. Stop being deluded. You can choose not to run it for whatever reason, but don't pretend it's anything other than a massive handicap. It doesn't even change anything because you're still playing the same way, you're just doing less damage.

If you want actual variety, then ask for a better selection of good armor skills and sets so that there is an actual decision making process involved when optimizing your gear for a given hunt.

The problem with looking at speed kill is that those players literally repeat hunt dozens of time while abusing tons of hidden stuffs to get that one perfect run. Even some of the top tier weapon, like the bow on speed run, has very polarizing performance where you get really good time if you do everything perfectly and rng is in your favor or fuck up and cart because speed run build is glass cannon and reset the run. If you aren’t doing speed run, the hunts just average out, especially in 4 people party hunt.
Only weapon that really stand out is clusterbomb hbg and I can see people consistently get good performance out of it because it is so braindead

This.
I have friends with more hours of playtime in MH and they only know how to play 2 or 3 weapon types.
I guess I'll never understand.

They have to, right? Or they'll end up like the people complaining about sekiro being a hard game. MH is about constantly getting better, whether you want to or not. If you suck and can't solo this new monster, goodbye. Game over. No more MH for you.

>The question is whether they stop there or whether instead they then go into reverse, removing more and more armor and downgrading as their skills continue to improve.
Why the fuck would you do that when all the good MH games design their endgame content around you having top tier gear? I'm not going to spend 20 minutes soloing a 140 or EX deviant, fuck off.

Fuck you LBG is the shit

People are just too lazy to learn other weapon types. It's not that hard to learn if you just stick to using one for more than like 5 quests. Practice makes perfect.

>he uses valor
>he uses adept
>he uses mantles
>he uses life steal
>he uses hbg/lbg

Attached: iToddlers.gif (400x400, 155K)

The problem with looking at speedruns is that they often involve very favorable AI or specific setups, sure. But that's the case for every weapon. An average bow player isn't suddenly going to be exactly as effective as an average SA player despite the TA bow player being literally 3 times faster.

>maining a weapon in MonHun
You are all omega level subhumans. The real alpha supremes have mastered every single weapon and use every single one whenever they feel like.

Attached: 245.png (1084x957, 522K)

Me
You wanna bash some skulls in bro?

I picked up the LS because it's cool but apparently its the plebe weapon lol like 25% of the userbase uses it

More like 50 minutes actually. And that's if you get it on your first try.

What, do you need to take a dorito and mtn dew break after 10?

What are the odds of Mh Portable 4th not being fucked by adding World shit?

The average player has more trouble surviving than killing the monster fast. Especially when fighting multiple monsters at once.

I just use every good weapon in a given MH game. That's enough variety for me. Low tier weapons aren't fun.

Look, if they make unique monsters that aren't total fucking pushovers or Frontiershit (read: everyone except Lunastra) then they can bring over all the worldshit they want.

Can solo but holy fuck
All my potions gone
All my flash bangs gone
Both all 4 of my traps gone
At least I don’t need hot/ Cold drinks for most hunts

>easier gathering and not needing capture guru is bad

Those aren't average players, those are awful players.

The game shouldn't just immediately fall apart once you get remotely decent at it because the devs only ever playtested it with 4 people doing random shit.

>want a fun challenging weapon
>lance too easy
>bug stick too brain dead
what do bros, what weapon am i looking for?

Hah! What a bunch of bullshit. If you say you never get hit in MH, not even on your first go, then you're either a fucking liar or cheesed it.

Why’d they remove the double note system?
All it did was encourage corner tooters to be much more aggressive

Give me one valid reason why all weapons should be equally effective.

Fuck "balance".

IM SO SHIT AT EVERY WEAPON THAT ISNT IG OR SNS
I CANT EVEN DO GS THE FUCKING MONSTERS IN G-RANK ARE ALL TOO FAST EVEN WITH QUICK CHARGE

Attached: 1554138463951.png (645x773, 140K)

don’t aim for monster
aim for where monster going to

Try Proto axe or bowcasters.

Getting hit a few times does not equal "having trouble surviving", you mongoloid. And especially in World, literally anyone can outperform every single blademaster weapon with a Bow or HBG as long as they have the right gear and enough basic motor functions to point and shoot.

Gunner weapons have never been balanced by any skill requirement, it was only ever a matter of gear. As soon as those weapons are properly geared, they destroy the entire game.

On my first try, using guild and no arts. I don't really understand what's supposed to be so hard about him. I've fought Stygian in both 3U and 4U, I know how to not get hit by orbs and OHKOs.

The Chad Axe is pure sex

Attached: E0C05810-7A89-4E37-B6C3-8270CAC95138.gif (320x239, 99K)

>Getting hit a few times does not equal "having trouble surviving", you mongoloid

Yeah it does. If you take two hits in G-rank within the same minute you get stunned, and that's certain death. Not to mention the wombo combos.

I hate hate HATE we don’t have oils
That shit was so fun and cash in GU yet World
Lol oils are gay bro!
Fuck you Capcom

Attached: 4535AEDB-E2F8-40F5-B584-3E311DB20BB1.jpg (1057x1417, 436K)

Except for Cluster HBG, you are wrong though.

The SA was a good concept executed poorly.

I'm new and what is the best weapon to learn the game with?

Bow does not take skill to outperform every melee weapon with. It has a high skill ceiling, but that's just the cherry on top. The weapon already has an absurdly high base performance level.

Glutton is completely braindead.

Sword n shield or longsword.

Switch-axe

Artemis, the goddess of hunting and virginity, blesses you.

Attached: large.jpg (500x780, 68K)

>grind out all those trash 6-8star optionals for 15+ hours
>nothing but materials I don't care about and trash decos because lmao mysterious only
>now have to grind tempereds for hr 50 and decos worth a shit
Layered armor systems that only function if you buy deluxe or beat post game super bosses and now this deco shit, the design decisions in this are baffling. At least now I might see a jewel worth a shit in a blue moon instead of fucking never

meta falsely so-called

just get mods to let you craft or buy the decorations you need, the rng is insane on the most basic shit and shouldn't even be in the game

Attached: boy_on_boat2.jpg (800x687, 212K)

Even if my DPS isn't the best

Even with my movement options being shit

I'll master it all, alongside every monster, AND BECOME THE HURRICANE OF STEEL AND PAIN WITH A BIG FINISH ALL OVER THE MONSTER'S FACE

CHECK YOUR CLOCK BECAUSE EVERY TIME IS MORPHING TIME SABROS

Attached: SA.jpg (550x545, 21K)

You think your suffering will end then? Warrior stones have a 2% droprate. And that's for ONE specific weapon. It's retarded.

I hate how every remotely challenging endgame monster in GU is entirely built to fuck you in the ass for even bothering to bring anything other than valor/adept GS, valor LS or a pierce bowgun. Even the speedrunners don't even bother with it.

4th gen really showed why you can't just keep maintaining the same exact weapon movesets for 15 years with a few updates here or there while they keep escalating monsters more and more. First 140s, and now this shit. The weapons simply aren't designed for this kind of thing.

Hammer is the only weapon worth using. Everything else just feels so boring and weak in comparison.

What?

>I didnt ask for this

Whaaat? I got them all with my guild no arts LS. Which one are you having toruble with? I'll tell you how to fight it like a man.

I don't play MonHun World.
Maybe I should.
Do you get to see people get butthurt and salty when they get rekt, and get to laugh at their impotent rage as they blame everything but themselves?
Or will you get banned for that?
Because I could use a game where I get to mock people for being unwilling to get good. I had another game but the servers that I play on are all getting emptier over time as I drive away the shitters, so I could use a backup.

Attached: lel.gif (800x430, 564K)

gs>t>457u441212
I used Bugstick for all of GU, what are you talking about my man?

monster hunter is not for you

I mean it's feasible but it just isn't all that fun. Especially EX Bloodbath. Never seen any fight in this entire franchise that punishes you this hard just for your weapon choice, aside from maybe Fatalis, which sucks dick with any blademaster weapon except GS.

It's super-fun, dude. I used to think like you, waaah Dreadking is too faaaast and too haaaard, but let me tell you; the feeling you get when you're literally just walking around his explosions and attacks and killing him in record time beats resorting to easy mode.

Ah, are you one of said shitters? If so, perfect!
What weapon choice do you find most aggravating in teammates? I've heard Longsword and Charge Blade are both very good.

>Muh not meta equals a handicap

Fuck. Off.

Handcap autists are in every fucking game, and every fucking time you're no fun allowed shitters. There is no such fucking thing as a handicap in a game like this unless you're going in naked

"Not using borken shit to cheese the game" is the only way to play games, because no game is without exploits.

I mean, you're just running a lower damage skill setup, for no benefit. It doesn't affect how you play. It doesn't break the game, because soloing hypers and deviants still takes a decent amount of time even with an optimized skill setup.

Why would you not run crit boost, unless you were deliberately handicapping yourself? Like, seriously?

I love seeing my older brothers here! I'm not as strong, but I'll toot for you all day long!

Attached: 1zx3v1oubpa01.jpg (1521x1151, 557K)

Who /aerialHuntingHorn/ here?

This is the problem with so-called meta builds. If you only ever fight one monster, fine. If you fight a great variety you'll soon find your fake "meta" to not be effective at all, and you getting melted.

what form of mental illness is this?

You'd have a point if the monster even felt like it was designed around standard MH gameplay, but it doesn't. Its armor set skills even suggest this. You're not supposed to fight it like a typical MH monster, because trying to do that turns the fight into a 20+ minute slog, while I can kill it in less than 10 with a LS, GS or LBG.

lmao

you have no fucking idea what you are talking about

20 minutes of excitement is better than 15 minutes of QTEs.

>I mean, you're just running a lower damage skill setup, for no benefit

There are dozens of different builds and skills and combinations in the game, and you're really rolling over here with your shit opinions saying there's no benefit to anything else? I don't know fuck-o, maybe the benefit is that proccing paralysys ten times on the monster ad going ham on it is fucking dope. Maybe it's that putting that fuck to sleep and bombing the shit out of its head is fun. Maybe I just like dealing big dick elemental damage instead of crit boost after a bit, or going for all partbreaks within the first minute.

Fuck off with your "no benefit" shit.

But it's not 20 minutes of excitement. It's 20+ minutes of playing safe and waiting for it to finally give me an opening, vs 10 minutes of actually getting to do shit.

The harder option isn't always the more fun or interesting one.

Gitting gud.
It's a terribly rare condition that causes immense frustration as you look at the world around you and see people unironically defending 30fps.

How do I git gud at reading the monsters?

I'm a hundred hours in and I still can't for the live of me roll through roars, and I can only really avoid attacks that are either telegraphed or too common.

>Maybe I just like dealing big dick elemental damage instead of crit boost after a bit

...What is the difference? Damage is damage.

There's no way you're playing safe and soloing an EX deviant in under 20 minutes. What the fuck.

b-b-b-but muh crit-hit white flash

I like alternating between this and the charge blade

get better brain
if you've been fighting the same thing for hours and haven't learned tells, ai, and movement patterns then you might be defective, sorry user

I'm 4000 hours in and it honestly depends on the game. I can roll through anything in Tri and P3rd but I can't roll through shit in 3U. IT'S THE SAME GAME

Elemental damage skills take less skill slots, which leaves you space to add other quality of life skills that you might want to try. Unless you have the behemot armor set, shit like critical eye will eat through all your slots.

Did you not even read my post properly? I said 20+ minutes. Which is, by the way, what even speedrunners take for endgame EX deviants with guild/no arts. Because it's a shit playstyle that those monsters aren't designed around.

What's a shoulder tackle?

You're not supposed to run ONLY element damage skills you dolt, even if you're going elementally focused you still run other armor skills too. Especially when crit element exists, you also need to go for affinity on top of your element boosting skills.

Sticking only a single element up skill on your set and nothing else is just going to guarantee that you'll hit for fucking nothing.

based

the move that gives you superarmor and cancels charges because dude powercreep lmao

I didn't know there were speedrunners who play without arts. Fucking respect.

Anyway, playing the game the way you want is more fun than playing it any other way. I don't understand your argument. Would you rather fap for 50 minutes or get kicked in the balls for 5?

*blocks your path*

Attached: MH3U-Sword_and_Shield_Render_026.png (238x236, 56K)

>Anyway, playing the game the way you want is more fun than playing it any other way.
Not if you're being punished for doing so.

Also, it's not like I even dislike styles and arts, not at all. I enjoy the top tier weapons, and I like fighting those EX deviants with them, I just dislike how they seem to be designed exclusively around them. It hurts variety.

get no extra rewards for quick kill

Tbh, I would actually like better rewards being tied to faster kill times.

the menial extra damage one does for offensive & crit skills is offset by bad defense / bad QoL. finding a good balance takes more brainmatter

TOOT

What does defense/QoL matter? Just stop getting hit so damn much. And there are basically no useful "QoL" skills.

Damage is always useful.

you sound like you resent the game, I would too if it bored me as much as it clearly bores you

lmao

ok buddy

MH's community is fucking dead and people like you are what killed it

Because I like to run other set of skills rather than staying nearsighted on muh deeps
I'd rather run a setup of sharpness duration, tremor negation, wind pres negation, stun negation, earplugs, and other myriad of skills that make me a sticky, relentless, unfuckable, non budging wall than a tunnelvision of big numbers
You call it handicap, but I ask you who's actually playing it wrong when you completely neglect other aspects of the game just to shave 3 mins on the average run

>but I ask you who's actually playing it wrong when you completely neglect other aspects of the game just to shave 3 mins on the average run
Considering I manage to circumvent any need to run such skills by playing better, and end up being far more effective in the end, I'd say it's you.

>weapon
Look at this fucking pleb that doesnt kick monsters to death

Speedrunning*yawwwnn* is a miserable thing. Been there done that got the T-shirt.

>needing capture guru

>I load my set with crutch armor skills that remove every single game mechanic I don't like
>I'm the one playing the game properly!

What are you on about you sperg, the franchise prints money.

>1-hit stuns a monster in 4U
Psh, nothing personel kid

Attached: chargeblade.jpg (550x545, 25K)

Capcom didn't add all those extra skills, compounds, resistances, variety in armor and weapons to add spice to the game. No. Nope. No-siree. Crit boost all the way ...zZZZZ

I said the community was dead. Modern MH has no community. Just a bunch of retards jerking each other off and endlessly reposting memes.