Why there are so few games with metal soundtracks?

Why there are so few games with metal soundtracks?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n9HN4K9ipYA
youtube.com/watch?v=V9p40zrpg7c
youtube.com/watch?v=GRUu06uia8M
youtube.com/watch?v=hEUOOgNzOv4
youtube.com/watch?v=aQZDbBGBJsM
youtube.com/watch?v=u89N4oQFJ08
youtube.com/watch?v=k2445mpK8kQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Z7GWyasxb5E
youtube.com/watch?v=H7lC7BQdUmw
youtube.com/watch?v=3JZviDEjGRY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=-nJ0a-zdEi8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=wRaLYxN4cCs
youtube.com/watch?v=cRmwFBK0cyk
youtube.com/watch?v=AZLmf3n00IM
youtube.com/watch?v=mpqct1zMqTE
youtube.com/watch?v=SthlDp6a8nA
youtube.com/watch?v=8JevOJeRzIk
youtube.com/watch?v=V3sz0qr_6zg
youtube.com/watch?v=xuzOMt52aWw
youtube.com/watch?v=i-VmT6dCtGw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Metal is good for intense/action segments but doesn't really fit during the mundane and other parts of the game

There's plenty of early '00s game that had the obligatory nu-metal garbage in it.

In terms of actual metal, there's lots of Japanese games to this day that still use it pretty prominently.

Because it really doesn't go well together with anything except crazy action games.

Because every soundtrack has to be boring stock orchestral to pander to the normies.

DIG THROUGH THE DITCHES
AND BURN THROUGH THE WITCHES
I SLAM IN THE BACK OF MY
DRAGULAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

youtube.com/watch?v=n9HN4K9ipYA

cause they generally dont sell even though it's great most of the time
youtube.com/watch?v=V9p40zrpg7c

Because it's cringy.

Because metal is shit

It can work pretty well if the game has the right setting, and the metal actually is good, but most games have no fucking clue how to do settings right, and the metal they go for is pretty much either dadmetal or some edgy fucking emo metal of sorts.

Remember Yea Forums, metal as a genre ended in 1990!

youtube.com/watch?v=GRUu06uia8M

Attached: King.jpg (910x539, 156K)

youtube.com/watch?v=hEUOOgNzOv4

i just came here to post that but it is already here

Attached: twisted-metal-4-1.png (798x593, 895K)

>not wanting a prodigy soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=aQZDbBGBJsM

In what fucking world did anyone think vocals like those ever sounded good?

for some reason nobody agrees with me but i think twisted metal 4 is the best looking ps1 game,like,i remember playing a few early ps2 games and thinking "the fuck with these graphics why are they worse on the ps2?" back then

So, does Yea Forums still pretend to like the Metal Gear Rising soundtrack?

God, I hope not.

Attached: 34090651_10216530895695834_789905800687517696_n.jpg (875x651, 170K)

Why do I keep seeing this thread

youtube.com/watch?v=u89N4oQFJ08

fuck nu metal
why are theres so little with grunge?

Attached: Meteor chan day 7.jpg (1314x1508, 262K)

Thread Theme
youtube.com/watch?v=k2445mpK8kQ

It's just bland Californian studio wannabe metal. Like Deus Ex Invisible War and Vampire The Masquerade.

I'd rather have a metal soundtrack than a rap soundtrack, that said, im a picky faggot so it would wind up either amazing or absolute dogshit

hey

Attached: itsmeurbrother.jpg (600x300, 37K)

>implying Lil Jon & The East Side Boyz didn't make NFSU2.

Because metal is a niche genre

>game has a county music station
youtube.com/watch?v=Z7GWyasxb5E

Attached: 1551444418719.png (532x582, 514K)

To be fair Lil Jon & TESB, and crunk as a whole is basically rap's answer to heavy metal. Lil Jon even sampled Slayer while working with Rick Rubin, and has B-sides with hardcore bands like Bad Brains.

I used to bully the fuck out of some fag back in school that used to listen to this shit desu. Gay music for a gay cunt.

>slipknot
>metal
no one posted this?

>promoting niggers in any capacity

Attached: 1550884105497.jpg (269x269, 13K)

Slipknot is mad gay, and not very good.

miss me ?

Attached: painkiller.jpg (220x144, 10K)

cringe

>metal elitists in this thread

Protip: you're not interesting for hating popular things, which is ironic because metal isn't even popular these days and you contrarians still want to shitpost about it

Attached: 1551447199702.jpg (915x1024, 126K)

Still replay it once in a while, decent and the soundtrack is good.

DMC3 has a metal soundtrack, although I preferred 1's more industrial stuff. Doom has metal too.

Because actual metal is still niche/underground in the western world, minus Scandinavia. You can get mainstream nu-metal and heavy like Slipknot, Disturbed, Korn, and Ghost, but actual metal is too niche for the general public to appreciate.

youtube.com/watch?v=H7lC7BQdUmw

so op are you actually gonna bump this thread or are you gonna let it die like a fucking faggot?

You're not intellectually impressive either for calling out people who don't like certain things and criticise them lmao

nigger detected

go and listen to your niggermusic faggot

remember guyz?

youtube.com/watch?v=3JZviDEjGRY

Fuck I hate that mask so much, what was he thinking?

I love shitting on metalfags since they are such thin skinned little bitches desu.

dynasty warriors has the best metal, I really liked nu doom as well. I agree though we need more metal soundtracks.

Damn you are the coolest guy in here

Who Hypocrisy here?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=-nJ0a-zdEi8

Played Division 2 lately. The game is filled with nothing but black women and minorities. Took me a couple of hours before I saw a white man story character. But the soundtrack when fighting is like the whitest generic heavy metal you can imagine. It's a really weird contrast.

2019 is the year of the numetal revival

Dont worry kids, when you get older youll grow out of being a fan of one particular style of music. I used to be strictly metal but now im 32 and i listen to 50s doo wop and old timey country.

Basically this. The heaviest you're gonna get is DOOM or Killing Floor 2 and that was mostly Christian deathcore, which most people turned the vocals off for. The public generally doesn't enjoy extreme metal.

DRAGULAAA

Oh, that's neat, because I'm 22 and I think you're a fucking saggy nutted faggot

what gave you the idea

The mainstream stuff is good enough for me I don't like this as much

26 and my main genre is metal but the best album I've ever heard wasn't metal. I also enjoy native american flute music.

Dynasty Warriors is kino.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=wRaLYxN4cCs

Attached: 27-lil-pump.w700.h700.jpg (700x700, 159K)

*warcraftmovies logo*
*metalcore starts playing*

Yep, those were the days

Attached: TBCLogo.png (399x190, 173K)

If you can't happily shift from Queensryche to Boz Scaggs, you've got problems tbqh

That's my point. Most people can accept pretty tame metal and even like it. That's why Down With the Sickness and Bodies got so popular, it was safe enough for the public to consume. You won't be hearing Anaal Nathrakh in any games soon.

Though I do appreciate that Arch Enemy was in Guitar Hero 6.

But that's when it peaked

Attached: 91EoHjN1r6L._SL1425_.jpg (1425x1425, 605K)

Pantera was only good when they released Power Metal.

Only two more bullets for the Pantera reunion!

So is this going to be a universal Yea Forums music thread or just some metalfags only club? Music threads on Yea Forums are good but these metal threads are usually pretty cringe for the most part with a lot of circlejerking and shit.

I don't like disturbed as much as RATM if were talking nu metal, but yes I see your point

I'm playing John Coltrane in my left channel and Röyksopp in the right. Step up, gay.

I gave up metal elitism a long time ago, listened to other stuff, listened to stuff that wasn't "REAL METAL" and even found some enjoyment in some nu-metal. Despite all that I still can't see the appeal of metalcore. The overuse of breakdowns is just repetitive and boring.

because its supposedly not marketable
even MK11 decided to play nigger music despite everyone hating it the last time they did it

How is metal music like an apple? You're meant to throw away the core.

And why do you think these metal threads are cringe? Maybe there is something aboiut the general metal audience?

Metal threads are always comfy on/v/ until some sperg like you whines.

Grindcore can be fun at times though

It's like an apple in that if it contain sabaton it's a fucking shit apple.

A good soundtrack, but not Micks best
youtube.com/watch?v=cRmwFBK0cyk
youtube.com/watch?v=AZLmf3n00IM
youtube.com/watch?v=mpqct1zMqTE

Attached: 73e5061687c9d5f8662c5b651db1a537.jpg (1280x1759, 158K)

because unless it's safe power metal shit you will get into a shitshow of complains by reactionary retards calling you a nazi and racist by association without evidence

>game has an uplifting trance soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=SthlDp6a8nA

Attached: jane.jpg (249x267, 7K)

Megaman games pretty much have metal soundtracks with different instruments.

*blocks ur path*

Attached: IMG_0312.jpg (470x470, 30K)

Metal is incel

kek

man i wish they used power metal for a fantasy game instead of generic peter jackson ass lord of the rings music

DOOM had an industrial metal soundtrack and I didn't see anyone complaining that was racist and there are a few industrial metal bands that use Nazi imagery. What the fuck are you on about?

Attached: O75hy2e_d.jpg (500x671, 29K)

Because california is full of soiboys.

>that cringe phase where your music tastes revolved around slipknot, avenged sevenfold and atreyu

Attached: 1538405132026.jpg (737x737, 148K)

I'm pretty new to it but been enjoying Metallica, sabbath, pantera, and megadeth a little. Yes plebby but it's a start, makes great gym music.

It's about the same phase where people think the DMC games actually have a good story

the good old days

branch out, start going to local shows

I think Hugo Martin had it right when he said no one wants their game to seem like something out of Bill & Ted.

Did you missed late 90's/early 00's or something?

Literally almost every JRPG has at least some metal tracks.

I still enjoy some of Slipknots early stuff. It's cringe sure but it's fun so I don't care.

>i had a metal phase

Attached: 1474321951074.jpg (784x690, 147K)

>post Iowa slipknot
go fuck yourself
youtube.com/watch?v=8JevOJeRzIk

Those are the weird staple bands where they're a good starting place and more mainstream friendly than a lot of bands but nearly no metal elitist will shit on you for liking.

Thats because the public is a bunch of lame ass hosers

I can imagine Romero getting bent out pf shape about him saying that.

I think it's because most devs are from NA and metal has always been a mostly yuro thing. NA metal is mostly shit and the epitome of soulless corporate metal. South Americans are different though, they get it for real.

Bad example, DOOM's community is based as fuck and will never play into the sjw agenda.

Why is Japan so fucking good at metal
youtube.com/watch?v=V3sz0qr_6zg

Attached: Abigail.jpg (650x366, 282K)

I still visit it sometimes but never more then a few songs before going back to listening to 3+ hour mixes where the songs just meld into each other. Don't even need to know the names now just their respective time placement by the measurement of minutes and seconds.

>play Jet Set Radio
>Dragula kicks in
>mfw

Attached: 1525215572413.jpg (427x300, 16K)

>metal has always been a mostly yuro thing. NA metal is mostly shit and the epitome of soulless corporate metal.
Absolute opposite; most of the corporate metal groups and shitty labels with millions of views are European power metal and melodeath bands.
Also, America has the most metal groups of literally any country.

I prefer gabba desu
youtube.com/watch?v=xuzOMt52aWw

Even more reason for SJWs to call it Nazi shit yet no one did.

hell yeah I've been meaning to, I have heard one local band before at a bar and it was awesome.

Did you end up marrying him

this has to be fucking bait
no way a zoomer can be this retarded

To be fair, iirc it was more in reference to the current times etc. It was fine back then, but I think not going for a 90s styled rock soundtrack for D44M was undoubtedly the right choice.

Melodic hard rock and shred metal stayed popular there; the rise of grunge and alt rock didn't kill it off like it did in the US and most of Europe.

>New Tool album in like 2 months

Attached: GIHSDOG9IYU.png (362x447, 144K)

That's because they haven't got their hands in the games yet

thats some nice shit user

>Tool
Is this 2006?

What are some good metal bands out there?

Attached: 1553133716816.jpg (241x299, 16K)

>slipknot
>metal

fucking gas yourself zoomer

Twisted Metal 4 is pretty great, much better than 3.

nah he killed himself after prom. his mum found him hanging out in their garage the following morning.

WHY DON'T YOU KIDS LIKE THE TOOL

Japanese metal is kino

youtube.com/watch?v=i-VmT6dCtGw

Attached: jap slam.jpg (500x375, 19K)

MK doesnt work with Metal anyway it works with 90s Techno like Praga Kahn

do kids even listen to slipknot anymore?

>first vid
Wow, i have this in some music pack for Killing Floor 2, whenever it comes up i feel like god

You've only just made me wish that Mick Gordon was handed copies of the Tony Martin era Sabbath albums to base the D44M soundtrack off of.

Attached: IMG_0313.jpg (1107x926, 162K)

Fuck you I like them
holy fuck it's been 13 years since the last album

Attached: wTGTGY.jpg (550x366, 33K)

Electric Wizard

Slipknot, Marilyn Manson, NIN and Rob Zombie

I like Dir En Grey now and I still listen to the above plus Skinny Puppy so I'm not letting this stuff go

what do kids even listen to now? I've seen pics of some nigger with blonde dags and face tats being posted sometimes by zoomers.

Just be glad we got what we did since Bethesda originally wanted absolutely no guitars for the reboot.

Who cares if something is 'cringe'? Are you that fucking bothered about saving face on an anonymous imageboard? Fucking children.

the 15-18 year old I use to work with listened to hip hop and pop country

>LITERAL frog vocals

Attached: 16034.gif (450x288, 498K)