What're some good eerie games? Not full on horror where its trying to be an anxiety simulator...

What're some good eerie games? Not full on horror where its trying to be an anxiety simulator, just a game with a somewhat unnerving and weird vibe and a mysterious string of hints to build intrigue. Bonus points if there's exploration.

Attached: 1550651454056.gif (1920x1080, 893K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u27wbsUojlo
youtube.com/watch?v=NCp0K558Msc
youtube.com/watch?v=2YEPRp39tTs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I haven't played it and only even seen it in threads here but Pathologic?

cement mixer simulator 2003

Portal 1

Yume Nikki

Attached: yn guide.png (1432x4904, 2.42M)

Stalker

Attached: pripyat.jpg (1920x1080, 521K)

Attached: 220px-Scratches_front.jpg (220x313, 17K)

can you prove this game exists

yeah

i don't believe you

Darkwood

>pink fog
Stop using shitty emulators.

Death Mark is a pretty good fit. It's never really "scary", you're just solving mysteries and exploring haunted places.

Attached: 338e3191a50ea3b7d6f0d7edf08a33e21b1aa00fdbd3247cf98e5ca773356428.jpg (1000x562, 214K)

what game is it?

The Void has lots of bizarre landscapes to wander around in.

what game is this?

hello?

Schizos out

Attached: 1546125192363.png (1076x872, 194K)

dusk

who are you

>What're some good eerie games? Not full on horror where its trying to be an anxiety simulator, just a game with a somewhat unnerving and weird vibe
Icepick Lodge are the UNQUESTIONABLE masters of this genre. Three games that should be of interest to you are:
>Pathologic (you might as well wait for Pathologic 2 - actually a remake, not a sequel of the original, which is coming out in two months).
>The Void
>Knock-Knock

Knock-Knock is arguably closest to Horror that the studio has ever gotten. It's a weird, small 2D stealth-game - really minimalistic, but it has an uncanny capacity to get under your skin and into your head. I don't think I've ever seen such a sinister psychological play in any game in my life.

The Void is a game primarily about existential dread. It's highly abstract, extremely difficult, some might argue it's a bit pretentious, but I will argue that everything it contains is very deliberate and meaningful. It's the least horror-like of the game, and most mysterious and odd. It's amazing if you can deal with very vague, "artsy" approach and some really, really fucking ruthless gameplay.

Pathologic is the studio's most famous game, and one of the strangest, most fascinating games ever made. It's kinda close to things like Twin Peaks or Franz Kafka's literature, except with massively Russian / flavor. It has very low-key horror elements, but no jump-scares or constant threats. It's incredibly eerie and immersive. That said, the original is very cumberstone, and both the original and the "remake" are SLOW. Like - super, super slow. They are also pretty hard, though not unmanageably so.

Attached: Icepicklodgelogo.png (400x200, 8K)

I remember Red Faction Gorilla gave me this feeling for like the first 2 story missions where you go looking for some forgotten alien civilization.
Then it's never mentioned again and the game becomes silly destruction simulator.

are these on playstation 2

BOY DO I HAVE THE GAME FOR YOU
youtube.com/watch?v=u27wbsUojlo

Pony island

youtube.com/watch?v=NCp0K558Msc

i want to play the binoculars game

youtube.com/watch?v=2YEPRp39tTs

OP said they DIDN'T want an anxiety simulator.

it's not

Eldritch

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

Devil daggers

still fascinates me that people are aware of this game.

Black mirror series is like soft horror, thriller on often intervals. I recommend you if u like point'n'clicks without retarded item combinations or pixel hunting.

Check out these three small games:
Power Drill Messacre
A Mother's Inferno
Anatomy

Attached: 1531505020021.jpg (704x960, 102K)

Man you are all pleb.

Attached: pathologic-executioner.jpg (1024x768, 138K)

first post moron

the first Diablo has more or less all of those

Attached: diablo.0.jpg (1200x800, 73K)

Theif

Diablo 1 is definitely trying to be a horror game though.

How about these?

Attached: 0152_ico_sotc_full.jpg (4096x270, 141K)

Lost in Vivo

reminds me of "The Thing"

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 31K)

Yeah Diablo has about the subtlety of a brick through a window.

Attached: D2(1).png (1920x1080, 2.29M)

Attached: D2 (2).png (1920x1080, 776K)

It has its hurdles, though

Attached: EYE_Divine_Cybermancy.jpg (1920x1080, 244K)

el ayuwoki