What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: artifact vs simcity 4.jpg (594x366, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OR4jPtrDCLo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The game nobody asked for

almost everything possible

>be valve
>be 6 years late to the party
>HURR DURR WE SHOULD CASH IN ON CCG TREND
>bwuuuuuuh people like dota
>durr make dota CCG
>and make people pay for it
>and for the cards
>hurr, I'm Gaben

Nothing. SimCity 4 is a great game and still worth playing.

they though they could sell anything as long as it had "Valve" on it

This: youtube.com/watch?v=OR4jPtrDCLo

That it wasn't F2P. Literally killed the game. If it just used the same payment model as HS and SV it would have been a huge hit.

If it was free to play and was released the day it was announced things might have been different.
Instead they decided to tease the game and not show anything about it for 2 years.
Valve has lost touch

it was released before steam got popular so most people just own it in a jewel case.

SimCity 3000 > SimCity 4

SimCity 4 is really just that good.

Attached: 1409619163947.jpg (1920x1080, 1.09M)

It's price instantly deterred people. And there's no point in playing the game, i.e. no progression towards anything meaningful, once you've bought it. People underestimate how important dailies are to maintaing a constant playerbase.

all these companies saw the insane "revenue stream" blizzard was exploiting out of its drones and thought there was something there, but in the end the "computer card game" genre is incredibly niche and all they did was oversaturate an already nonexistent market.

All wrong, here is an actual answer:
>they hired a hack
>they used twitch esluts and people who don't care about card games to collect feedback

still hasn't been topped
skylines sucks

>valve
>2035
>releases a BR game

I really don't understand card games
I play poker IRL when I'm bored and there's people and drinks around

who the fuck in their right mind would pay real money for lootboxes containing virtual MTG cards

also I gave wedgies in high school to MTG nerds, and I'm no chad. MTG players are just that beta and subhuman.

>People want Half Life
>People want Portal
>People want Team Fortress
>Give them a buy 2 play card game instead
No idea but Sim City 4 is pretty fun.

Skylines is okay and you can see they were honestly trying to do something that EA didn't with SC5, but you just can't capture that comfy asthetic of SC4 twice.

Attached: 1389152695588.jpg (1680x1050, 499K)

Even ricochet has more players

It had a chance if it was free. But they fucked up and lost billions because they were too greedy upfront.

>All the Artifact shills are now silent
>All the Steamfanboys now claim they didnt say this would kill Hearstone

LMAO

Attached: ReactionImage 257.png (493x402, 8K)

>lost billions
>card game with outsourced artwork