Yea Forums thought Sekiro would be easy

>Yea Forums thought Sekiro would be easy
>will be remembered as that hard game that made journalists mad

Attached: A115BA83-837E-44DF-83CF-24A8E2705ECF.jpg (564x468, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OOjXaAZHEQE
frontlinejp.net/2019/04/03/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-director-miyazaki-discusses-his-vision-and-how-it-was-conceived-part-2-2/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yeah its difficult, but it lacks soul.

be to hard for game journos is not that much of an argument for the game not being easy though.
youtube.com/watch?v=OOjXaAZHEQE
seriously, why do they even exist

Attached: NhK.jpg (299x168, 5K)

most of Yea Forums seems to be seething that it's not a dark souls game and keep treating it like one, then get frustrated when it reacts in a way a souls game wouldn't

soulsfan here, I'm kinda looking forward to something new and fresh. Bloodborne was a step, but it just didn't do it for me. I don't care about the lack of armor and gear, it just looks good.

Regardless of what you think of Sekiro and the SoulsBorne series itself, we can at least come together and laugh at game journalists because of it the anger it causes. Love the game and I'm happy those fuckers will never feel the satisfaction of overcoming the challenge.

>hard game that made journalists mad
playing any game makes journalists mad because then they have to do their job

It’s pretty good but as a single player only experience it feels a bit lacking for a full priced game. Still worth it imo

>>Yea Forums thought Sekiro would be easy

I told people here repeatedly that it could easily be seen to be way harder than the souls games from watching the video of it.

I don't understand how anyone could fail to see that, but you guys are fucking special here and somehow can't even tell if games are good/bad based on video

lmfao when people are like "U CANT TELL IF A GAME IS BAD WITHOUT PLAYING IT" yes you can, great example would be Outward which just came out

Im near the end of the game. I have to fight that seven spears guy again but they slapped a fucking elite samurai in with him. I know I can puppet the sniper but that barely gives me enough time to take care of the samurai IF he actually shoots seven cunts.
Thats not challenge hard thats just tedious and time consuming luck based hard and it fucking shows. Miyazaki got lazy with the final stretch.

Attached: 1ug1ty.jpg (626x572, 39K)

Those aren't mutually exclusive statements, you fucking dope. Sekiro IS easy. The deflection window is fucking enormous and it literally has a RESURRECTION MECHANIC

I think journalists are just writing about this difficulty thing because it's a popular conversation, I don't think they actually give a shit. If they do, then I don't know how the game was reviewed so highly by the same outlets in question.

>conversation
It's clickbait garbage for retarded children who want to throw fits about it.

You can use gachin sugar to sneak up on the big sword dude, puppeteer him and then take out the sniper quickly.

>I don't care about the lack of armor

Armor just added poise, which was shit.

It's pretty funny some of them weren't even able to beat it for a review in time while the pros on twitch and youtube did that's what's making them seethe so much

it's hard, it's good, but it's not deep. and that's what really matters here

Attached: 1529287111341.jpg (1920x1080, 399K)

Sekiro is easier than Souls though. Only thing that makes it harder for journos is that they can't summon or cheese the bosses.

This.

Eat the fucking stealth sugar and backstab the samurai guy

It added customization which was fun.

Just fucking release an "adjustment patch" like the older games or make a mode for babies that increases the frames you can parry and reduces posture buildup on block. What a boring "controversy" this is.

Attached: 1554445087323.png (942x700, 57K)

>Sekiro is easier than Souls
>can't summon or cheese the bosses
pick one faggot. souls is easy as fuck because your shield lets you block everything. you just wait until the enemy does it's longest attack animation and get a couple hits in. it's actually the easiest game I've ever played, while sekiro forces you to take damage as you learn the animations.

>souls is easy as fuck because your shield lets you block everything
thats the same as saying that blocking in Sekiro lets you block everything, you have a fucking stamina in dark souls that you have to manage
I died (and still die) to some DS3 bosses way more than in fucking Sekiro on my first playthrough, where It never took more than 4 tries on any boss and some bosses I beat literally on first try.
You can also cheese regular enemies with stealth, which you can't in souls.

>sekiro is easier than souls
Except it’s not

They don't want to listen to filthy americans

frontlinejp.net/2019/04/03/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-director-miyazaki-discusses-his-vision-and-how-it-was-conceived-part-2-2/
>He says that as Sekiro is different from Dark Souls, players may first find it to be difficult, but as they learn new ways of fighting and new tactics and get better, they should feel the pleasure of getting better, which is part of their usual unchanging theme of gaining catharsis through overcoming hardship,
>He did not make any concessions where he felt that he should not,

Literally

"Get better." -Miyazaki

Have you played both games? You might be disabled if you think Sekiro is harder.

A big part of why ppl are getting destroyed while learning the mechanics is only having 1-2 heals at start.
Should have started with 3 charges of estus like in DS3.

The same reason cockroaches exist, they found a niche and filled it.

I was really into the Souls games and Bloodborne and I was having fun at the beginning of Sekiro. It didn't take long before I kept putting the game down. I've got the Mortal Blade and the stone from Mibu Village and now I'm putting the game down again. I've killed 2 or 3 of the headless. One was underwater. I'm just tired of Sekiro and it's not as fun as I had hoped.

I've got six prayer necklaces and my attack power is 6 or 7 right now. The only way to go that's available now is the Sunken Valley after using the gun fort key. I'm probably not going to do it. I'm probably just going to uninstall the game again and delete the save data. Sekiro is feeling more like a job than fun and I'd rather go back to DMC5 now that the Bloody Palace is available. I really find that I'm raging in Sekiro like when I did Clifford the Big Red Dog and Squidward in cursed depth 4 of the Pthumeru Chalice Dungeons. Hell, I'd sooner do the Pantheon stuff in Hollow Knight again. I just can't believe how disappointed I am with Sekiro.

Once you get used to it, they're around the same.
Sekiro has parry spam, DS has roll spam.

>They don't want to listen to filthy americans
Yes every past patch that made their past games easier was because of "americans"

What I ended up doing is just running around them, grapple to the spot BEHIND the flaming wreckage, and for some reason the elite samurai just killed himself in the flames.

Then all I had to do was beat the mini boss.

Can someone post the link of the streamer with the baby rage, he slams the ps4 remote like 20 times.

Their patches in the past were because of japs complaining about PVP

They're not going to patch in easy mode for you retard americans

Many of those were ligitimate complaints about broken weapons/magic that were outright super OP.

Like Dark Magic and Lightning Spear spam in DS2, even retards like DSP stomped bosses in a few tries due to having 20 lightning spears and very few lightning resistant bosses before the DLC.

>they made pve changes because of pvp
This is what retarded americans really think.

changes to weapon, armors, stats and spells are universal you dumbfuck, when the patch said they've slowed down a weapon by 2% because it was comboing in PvP way too well, it's not slower just when a PvP session starts

but in DaS you can't spam roll because stamina is finite
you can right click all you like in Sekiro

You must be retarded. There are changes to pve specifically such as the amount of souls given by enemies and item drop rates.

here.

So what should I do? Try to finish Sekiro or just move on? I've already had plans/whims for what to play after Sekiro is finished or shelved. I'm thinking of either chilling out and doing a slow run of Chrono Cross soon or playing Devil May Cry 5's Bloody Palace.

I was patient enough to get platinum on Bloodborne and do tons of shit in the Souls games yet I just can't push myself to finish Sekiro.

In Sekiro you can't parry spam because your posture goes to shit if you don't parry every attack in perfect rythm
So imperfect parries raise your posture meter and that becomes your "stamina"

You should kill yourself and stop posting in this thread.

I will never forgive them for ruining lightning spear in DaS2. It was so much fun pre patch.

but perfect parries don't raise your posture and damage your opponents posture
rolls drain stamina regardless of them being panic spammed or timed perfectly through attacks
also rolling doesn't inconvenience your opponent in any way as opposed to parries

I like being alive sometimes

asmr you brush and floss kaathe's teeth and he thanks you 90minutes

How edgy.

Don't tell the other user this.

Rolling in DS can be spammed because stamina regenerates super fast, you just have to take a 2 second break every 8+ rolls, something that happens naturally as you retreat to estus up for many players.

Alsp posture regenerates super slow if you're under half HP so you punished harder for mistakes and are generally forced to heal and possibly take more damage due to the super aggressive enemies and bosses.

>mfw modded sekiro save to actually make the game fun
>8 minutes boss fights otherwise
lol

your posture being broken just means like a second of downtime and then it instantly replenishes to full, it's not that big of a deal
I'll give you the HP thing, but it also works on enemies so idk if that really is "harder" mechanic than DaS.
Generally i just struggled with Dark Souls WAY more than Sekiro. I literally breezed through the game while I still can't consistently beat some bosses in Dark Souls 3. Not just bosses but the game as a whole too.

I beat the Corrupted Monk in 4, he has 3 lifebars. And I did not upgrade my attack past 5 battle memories as the game seemed too easy.
Learn to parry.

Beat the first play through with 3 attack. still boring. fuck off with your tedious easy rhythm game faggot.

I breezed through DS3 and struggled with Sekiro at points because I was dodging too much and not parrying enough.
Having played DMC5 and using jump as dodge constantly there and trying that here really destroyed me on some minobosses.

>And then I told him he'd be the king of men!

Yeah I played both games retard, sekiro is harder and more punishing when you make mistakes than ds. Not to mention that DS lets you play magic/shield/heavy and light armour/str and dex and starts you off with plenty of healing so youve got plenty of choices on how you approach situations.

you should try thinking for yourself

>it lacks soul
It's not a souls game so of course it hasno soul currency

Bosses I died 6+ times to in Dark Souls:
>Bell Gargoyles
>Capra Demon
>Ceasless Discharge
>Gwyn
>OaS
>Bed of Chaos
>Artorias
>Kalameet
>Manus
Bosses I died 6+ times to in Dark Souls 3:
>Old Demon King
>Pontiff
>Dancer
>Champ Gundyr
>Lothric
>Nameless King
>Sister Friede
>Gael
>FUCKING MIDIR
Bosses I died 6+ times to in Sekiro:
>none
yeah Sekiro is definitely more difficult than Souls

why is 6 the cutoff instead of 5?

because I died 6 times to Lady Butterfly and wanted to make a point

Fine. I'm going to uninstall it, trade it in and move on. Once it's gone then I can actually move onto something more fun.

>that hard game that made journalists mad
that's every game, even the shaped blocks and holes toy toddlers play with is too hard for journos

no dont do that

Sekiro is by no means as hard as you make it to be, but this is clearly your limit, no point in playing a game you dont fully grasp

and you lack a brain