Persona 4 vs Persona 5

Why didn't the characters and their interactions in 5 live up to the party in 4? Persona 5 was great, but the cast lacked a certain magic that P4G captured so well. The characters felt more realistic I think, whereas in 5 the characters just weren't as fleshed out, felt more like generic anime characters. Discuss

Attached: download (10).jpg (225x224, 15K)

They wanted to make a more serious game but then they wanted to make lighthearted moments but then they wanted to make it serious again and it ended up being a mess.

They tried catering to edgy P3 weebs and sissy P4 weebs at the same time. Turns out both are almost wholly incompatible.

the characters were fine in p5. it's not a bad thing that they were more than just beta orbiters for the mc like p4's cast was. p5 was going for a different tone and i don't understand why people still can't accept that.

Attached: 1553920212373.png (635x475, 350K)

P5 had terrible character development but at least half of them weren't unlikeable pos like in P4

>They tried catering to edgy P3 weebs and sissy P4 weebs at the same time.
they ended up catering to patrician p2 chads more than either of them.

How so? I don't find very many similarities between the two.

>Why didn't the characters and their interactions in 5 live up to the party in 4?
You don’t like the tone of P5 and anything before P4.
The Investigation Team is the blandest cast in the series.
>The characters felt more realistic I think
Realistic characters wouldn’t hang out with teddie and would’ve easily figured out the serial killer in less than a month.

I can't even remember why they let Haru in the Phantom Thieves.

i thought 5 was focused more on visuals and music but the story and characters fucking sucked compared to 4

I don't know how people tolerate Persona 4 when Yosuke is literally the worst character in the series along with Futaba. He is a terrible person and never develops.

You didn’t like how the cast in P5 wasn’t always sucking you off.

Why fight between the two when they are both awesome games?

I hope Royal has female protag

Attached: 8yigsum.jpg (500x465, 95K)

don't they though?
i just prefer characters who actually feel like friends and a story that is actually interesting

yaldy is the poor man's nyarly. akechi is the poor man's jun, but unlike jun, he doesn't get to redeem himself. the omnipresence of the phansite felt like the reverse of p2's rumors: while the p2 cast spread rumors to affect the world around them, the p5 cast were carrying the weight of the rest of the general public's opinions of them.

I hate almost everyone in Persona 4. Yosuke in particular is probably my most hated video game character ever. P5's cast is somewhat underdeveloped but my response to this is that at least there was something to develop. P4G casts is so bland and boring with only a few exceptions that all the time they spend "developing" the characters is like developing a slice of white bread. The only thing the P4 cast has over either P3, P5, or even P2 is an over abundance of retarded anime high jinks.

That's pretty tenuous, 2 is far deeper than a few superficial connections of "there's an evil false god and a party member betrays you".

P4 doesn't feel like friends they feel like fantasies. A bunch of anime cliche's that exist to fulfill your every whim and endlessly suck you off. Most of the P5 cast actually takes at least an arc or two before they warm up to you. I still enjoy P3 the best in this regard, since everyone in the cast hates each other for half the game until they finally develop and come together. It's a shame P3 was the last game to allow character to develop over the entire game instead of one arc.

>akechi is the poor man's jun
Jun wasn’t an unwanted orphan that was abandoned by his dad.

Why does every single Persona thread have to either start as 3v4v5 or devolve into talk about 3v4v5. Do any of you actually like these games or do you all just like one and shit on the others?

Jun also wasn't a poorly written addition.
Because beside that people only care about the waifu wars.

no, but he was neglected and treated like shit by his mother, and nyarly exploited his parental issues in order to get him to do his bidding just like yaldy did with akechi.

I liked P5. My only problem with it was that, while it enhanced some of P4's strengths, it also did absolutely nothing to resolve P4's flaws.

of course. i'm not saying 5 is exactly the same, more that it hits a few of the same notes. it's still a better point of comparison than 3 or 4.