ANOTHER ANIME SWORDSMAN COME THE FUCK ON SAKURAI GET ORIGINAL. I BET HIS DOWN B IS A COUNTER

ANOTHER ANIME SWORDSMAN COME THE FUCK ON SAKURAI GET ORIGINAL. I BET HIS DOWN B IS A COUNTER.

Attached: joker-super-smash-bros-ultimate.png (1116x805, 754K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zBhOHnn_3xk
youtu.be/RjLWGyx4zoA
youtube.com/watch?v=qr_ttoUTD9g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Thats more of a dagger than a sword.

That's a knife, asshole
Your mum is prostitute

Still more based than
>Geno
>Ashley
>Banjo
>Shantae
COMBINED

if you look at the actual ingame model you can see that sakurai elongated the dagger to sword length. go watch the latest direct again.

>smash fans won't stop reeeeeeeing about anything that resembles a blade
>one of their most request characters is Isaac

Attached: 666.jpg (666x666, 666K)

I can't sleep. I drank 2 (two) Monster Energy Drink and it¿s 1:00 AM in here

To make the arguement, you make him a fighter that doesn't use a sword. If anything, he'd probably some hybrid of Zelda and Ness, with the Down B of Donkey Kong.

>Isaac
>most requested
Yeah right.

Isaac isn’t close to being the most requested and he’s not known for using a sword very much at all

>being BR
Not being able to sleep is the least of your problems

>>one of their most request characters is Isaac

Attached: Come on now.png (217x245, 104K)

Where are his pupils

>>one of their most request characters is Isaac

Attached: 1547517215900.jpg (464x618, 32K)

I'm from the developest country in south america
Almost first world you know

Risky Mode: Post the worst possible outcome you can realistically see for Joker that will make you groan at Sakurai.

You will never be first world, Chile.

Primarily uses his """"dagger"""" and kicks for attacks. Persona only appear in smash attacks (and his counter :^)). Gun is only used in final smash.

Attached: 12-01-24-Nervous-Guy.jpg (351x450, 42K)

Not really a moveset thing, but only persona 5 songs, spirits, and mii costumes

There was a decent amount of requests for Isaac but he wasn't the most

STAY SEETHING FAGGOT

Attached: 5ff3954e14bded72708c8196ba2901a7.jpg (480x345, 114K)

>SWORDSMAN
>holds a dagger

those are the remaining.

What kind of stealing mechanic do you think he'll get?

anime faggos that still think persona is good should kill themselves

>Implying he'll have one at all

Doesn't every ultimate newcomer have a gimmick? Can't see Sakurai passing up a stealing one.

He’s Smash 4 levels of Bayo broken right out the gate.

Don't recall Ridley having one unless you count more than two jumps.

should have been jack frost honestly

Down b with the sweet spot

This. I want him to use multiple personas in different attacks, I want down special to be a Baton Pass that works similar to Duck Hunt's, except instead of summoning an 8-bit cowboy to shoot the opponent you summon a P5 party member who does a small attack related to their respective personas(Ryuji does electric, Makoto does nuclear, etc). Just get fucking creative with it god damn it.

Attached: phantom-thieves-persona-5-shigenori-soejima_1600x1024_marked.jpg (1600x1024, 262K)

charizard shares that with ridley I think any winged character gets atleast one extra jump pit has 2

He's as weak as smash 64 link :^)

THIS. This shit would be fucking nightmare fuel.
>basically turning Joker into another down b counter anime swordsman when everyone is saying it won't happen

I know, which is why I wasn't really sure it had anything.

He will be able to steal the enemies neutral b move. Once its done, his meter will instantly be full, and then slowly go down as a timer, like Cloud's Limit timer. When time is up, they get back their neutral b move and you have to steal it again.

Would require to make 6 fully fledged models with different animations.

Could always just steal P5's models and texture them. Probably what they're going to do for the Persona models.

t. shit taste

Fuck you I remember this fake as hell leak
That would be the most useless gimmick in existence lmao, literally wouldn't be good for anything

Attached: 1552454517766.png (1019x657, 749K)

show screencap

Cope, Seethe, Rage, Cry

Attached: YOU'LL NEVER SEE IT COMIIIIING.webm (1280x720, 725K)

That seems like a lot of assets to put into one character. At most he'll probably be P4A Yu with worst range.

Attached: yucombo.webm (640x360, 2.46M)

>I BET HIS DOWN B IS A COUNTER.
It better fucking not be
All counters should be removed from the game

Could literally just take the models from P5 along with the canned "rip mask off" animations they all have.

Attached: 1552528198022.gif (250x396, 267K)

Here's your victory theme, bro
youtube.com/watch?v=zBhOHnn_3xk

this combo is bullshit, when the hell are you ever gonna hit someone point blank with a fully charged D Zio?

We are also playing $5.99 for him. We can expect a bit of quality.

it's not supposed to be practical, idiot

Then what's the point of learning a combo like that? If you're never gonna do it in an actual match, why even bother?

Fuck that, should literally just be the victory music that keeps playing long after the animation finishes. Last Surprise is annoying
youtu.be/RjLWGyx4zoA

Attached: 1553356848157.jpg (571x715, 99K)

youtube.com/watch?v=qr_ttoUTD9g

Attached: swordker.png (839x690, 292K)

>expecting p3 and ps4 music from a p5 character and stage

Attached: 1549785263684.jpg (457x494, 39K)

>looks like the fe13 falchion
OH NO NO NO

Son of a bitch, you're actually right.
I hate Sakurai so goddamn much.

Attached: 1554336072306.jpg (620x700, 48K)

then who's the most requested? STEVE?! SAN!? FUCKING GOKU?!

Attached: 1549901412712.gif (520x520, 414K)

Because it's fun. Believe it or not most people who enjoy fighting games also enjoy learning and finding combos, regardless of how frequently they'll be used in a match.
Have you seriously never seen a CMV before?

Attached: 10frame.png (210x256, 65K)

>Kirby's neutral b but worse

Attached: I'm glad you're stupid.jpg (1920x1080, 237K)

we can dream, dammit.

If you consider that a sword then you have a weird conception of length, and probably think that you micropenis is actually noteworthy.

That's really not that bad, at least compared to swords in Smash which are taller than the smallest characters.

>not knowing how to read
He's saying that stealing their move disables it, not that it lets you use it.

>Literally the next number one in polls besides Banjo
Seething trannyfags

Not in a long time.

It is about the length of a gladius.

That's actually worse.

I don't care if they delay Joker until 2022 just release the fucking footage already.

Don't know, most of the most requested characters are in. Only one that still have a chance and highly requested is Banjo, but Steve could take Banjo spot

is everything you don't agree with a tranny now?
First fag, then autism, now this. You guys sure love your insult buzzwords, huh?

ikr like what does he have other than a sword just look at his assist nothing but sword attacks

I don't really care for Isaac, could have a cool moveset but I didn't finish Golden Sun yet, most of the fan polls I see usually have Issac around the top 10 or lower

Hat goomba

Sure but every single one of those polls are literally made up of less than 1% of the people that actually buy Smash games, his best shot was base roster and now it has no chance in hell of being paid DLC when Nintendo can pick characters from thriving and currently popular series.

Why are smash fans such massive secondaries? Do you guys play nothing but Smash? It's just like when Isabelle came out and the Smash secondaries didn't understand what the AC fans were talking about like NL's change in art style with the character models.

If you look at Golden Sun's official artwork, never once is Isaac even holding his sword. Hell, you might be able to argue that his son is because official art of Isaac's son has him using a sword, but Isaac is always shown casting. Even his stats and skillset have him geared towards a caster role.

All I want is Sinful Shell for ONE MORE GOD REJECTED memes when using it on Rosalina and Palutena.

>not going through golden sun doing nothing but normal attacks and spamming djinn and summons whenever possible while completely ignoring spells except for healing.

>Why are smash fans such massive secondaries?
You're just now realizing this? This was apparent way back in fuckin 2006 when I was one of like 10 people who wanted Ridley that actually played a Metroid amongst the hundreds of memers

Attached: 7ba05f2a7e77ec52406c32363da4c439.jpg (475x605, 43K)

I did a summoning run once which was pretty fun, but there was too much downtime for longer battles and required a lot of healing.

>no Mass Destruction
>no Reach Out to the Truth
>no Maze of Life
>no Light the Fire
IT'S NOT FAIR
PERSONA MUSIC DLC PACK WHEN

am I the only one that likes Lone Prayer

>Leaves out Backside of the TV
Wow

>Isaac
>swordsman
>game's boxart has him casting a Venus psynergy like Quake or Gaia

Attached: 9673051253a406d8d8e2e42e0186446c.jpg (660x900, 193K)

>fellow P1bro
Fuck yeah, I love Lone Prayer.

Too many to name user, I just listed the "main" ones.

Attached: 2015-10-17-195526.jpg (960x544, 117K)

>no SMT anything

Attached: zen.png (169x146, 60K)

>tfw Titty Satan and Mara will never be assist trophies

anime swordsman: check
next none of his moves will use demons/persona despite being something related to megaten

You can say whatever you want about what you think Smash is, but ultimately it’s a game about picking up your favourite character and the beating the shit out of everything in an absolute mayhem. I don’t know about any of you, but I don’t really think “counter!” when I think of “absolute mayhem”.
I could just be really petty, but they just seem so boring and uninspired. The only counters and counter-like moves I think are actually okay (in terms of showing off a character’s unique identity) are Greninja, Incineroar, and Bayo desu.
>classic ninja using a substitution technique, then striking from behind
>heel wrestler taking whatever you throw at him with a shit-eating grin, then dishing out a nasty move of his choice with the same power of whatever you just struck him with
>a well-timed dodge rewards her with almost stopping her attacker in time, just like her home games

I’ve kind of already given up on there being any sort of SMT content included with Ren. If there’s at least material from the other Persona games, I’ll be happy.

>someone else also thinks that Rosalina has some sort of divine status to her
I’m really happy to know I’m not alone on that.

Attached: A557C439-63BC-4D88-98E8-BA616ACAE697.png (800x587, 631K)

The songs he comes with have no lyrics

Counterpoint: The only characters that SHOULD have a counter are Little Mac, Shulk and Bayonetta. While Greninja's is pleasing it's also a waste given the previous characters can cover that move and don't come from a game with fucking hundreds of alternate moves.

>smash fans won't stop reeeeeeeing about anything that resembles a blade
>the requested megaten character from them is Demifiend who has even less relevance to Nintendo than Joker
FTFY

Attached: 1501657803778.gif (194x223, 21K)

I always assumed Rosalina was "technically a goddess" because of her powers. She's not "GOD" as in omnipotent and immortal but she's still technically A god because of her status and power.

>Bunny will never be the SMT rep

Attached: DeSu2.jpg (1280x960, 410K)

You can tell soccer guy really wanted him in and want the art people to make the best render they can of him. He's so detailed compared to the other character renders

>No songs from a mainline SMT
>No SMT spirits beyond persona 3-5
>no persona change mechanic, just arsene/sataneal

Attached: 1514773154643.png (287x312, 8K)

I'll never understand the swordsman hate autism, swords are cool and plenty of popular characters have them, unless they're actually clones it really doesn't feel similar unless you're deadset on throwing a tantrum. It's almost as retarded as the not enough females camp which somehow looks to place the blame on Smash instead of recognizing that the majority of popular characters are male. I'm not against non swordsman or female characters but failing to recognize their popularity and blaming them for it is just stupid.

>google “Golden Sun Isaac”
>Top results have him with a sword

Attached: CB0D5C3D-6473-4CCB-B148-FF143268DA9F.jpg (1024x767, 98K)

>Smash 6 comes around
>Whatever FE swordsmen that are left ALL get their down specials changed to some other move
How would the playerbase react

Attached: 1543037700827m.jpg (935x1024, 86K)

That's his son Matthew. Matthew is always shown with sword in hand, which is a huge disappointment.

>google “Tales of Symphonia Regal”
>Top results have him with hands

Attached: Falco B.jpg (600x450, 36K)

I've been waiting for Roy to get a flame projectile since PM. And I still think they'd give him some dumb burst instead. I'll forgive it if it acts like a Melee shine though.

I'm waiting for Roy to actually be Roy. Smash Roy at this point is a Smash character more than an FE character. He's taller than he should be, and has a much deeper voice than he should have and more. He's supposed to be a kid with confidence issues, not a tall badass with a deep voice.

I wonder how people would react if FE6 ever got remade.

Youre having the wrong kind of fun if you play to autistically grind single player combos instead of engaging in mind games against other human players

Honestly I can completely agree with you because those are also fitting and demonstrate said characters well. You’re right in saying it’s kind of dumb that any Pokemon has some kind of counter when the series is chockfull of interesting and creative techniques.

That’s exactly how I viewed her as well. It just makes her even more special to me.

My first question is why are both DeSu protags likened to rabbits? My second question is why are both of them so cute?

I agree with you desu. Swords are just popular and cool, it’s not Smash nor Sakurai’s fault that everyone else wants to give their characters one. As for the girls they’ve added a good number of them over the years, so no one should really be complaining.

Personally I’d be estatic. I’m more than certain they could use some of the Skills or other weapons displayed throughout FE to create more fun and diversified movesets. I mean Chrom and Lucina alone can wield Swords and Lances as Great Lords. Allow them to use both in their kits.

>SOMEONE GETS IT
THANK YOU BASED user.

Attached: FB1B22F6-56AE-48E9-9871-E7B7DC9EDACD.jpg (1000x1059, 155K)

Literally Robin

His final smash is obviously just going to be an all-out attack

based retard

>only songs from p5
>only songs from persona

Is he right Yea Forums?
> "I’ll put my neck out and say that PlayStation games are not finished at all in my opinion. A game is finished when a creator decides it is. There are lots of games developed for Nintendo that have to be refused release because they are not finished. When you are making a game the creator must not allow it to be release because he is satisfied, he must always think about the player’s feelings and wishes. Self-satisfaction is not conducive to creativity. I think that European painters – like the impressionist Cezanne, for example – were always thinking about how to surprise the customer – to impress them in a gallery. It is very important." - Shigeru Miyamoto

>Anime swordsman
It's Basically an anime swordsman with a stand

I hope not.

Attached: Smash DLC.jpg (4096x3413, 1.97M)

They point the guns at the enemies during a hold-up so it's going to be there whether its that or Satanael.

ONE
MORE
GOD
REJECTED

Worst taste.
I'd love any of those, they've all grown on me since the end of pre-release Smash hype season.

it's a dagger

Attached: 1535698826510.jpg (4608x3456, 3.94M)

>Only uses Arsene, and only in smash attacks
>Gun doesn't appear at all in moveset
>Most of his attacks would be using the dagger (like a sword)
>Songs are watered down like they did to Snake and Bayonetta (admit it, you know this is going to happen, especially since lyric-less versions of songs already exist like life will change)
>He's pac-man levels of gimmicky bullshit without even being good or broken as Brawl MK or Sm4sh Bayo
>Final smash is not Sinful Shell or All-Out-Attack, just something really stupid

Bonus: Ideal
>Jab is 3 knife slashes + a gunshot like the critical hits in P5
>Down special is changing between Arsene, Jack Frost, and another persona (can't think of one atm)
>Neutral Special is a ranged spell that correlates to the persona and has different effects
>Same thing applies to all his smash attacks
>Side special is bullet hail
>They don't fuck up the music

Attached: baf3ca0f017d9456f64b48dfddca7e705acee3b9_hq.gif (500x362, 464K)

Cringe contrarians

>I wonder how people would react if FE6 ever got remade.
nintendo would change roy to match his smash self

we all saw the olympics

>ike will finally be able to throw ragnell beams
I'd be fucking glad

Tell him about all the games he rushed for the holiday seasons.

Oh, can't forget Mario Kart 7. With the usual staple characters such as Mario, Peach, Bowser, Wario, Rosalina, Queen Bee and...

Yeah, pretty sure we're not forgetting anyone for the convenience of "it's too hard to implement".

Attached: D3FRaewXQAEroxA.jpg (960x726, 41K)

I can see Arsene's neutral special just being curse, pops up behind Joker and slams down, curse tendrils shoot up from the ground a short distance away.
Maybe Jack Frost's could just be simple Bufu? Basically Explosive Flame except it's ice
I think Thor could be another cool one. Neutral special is Zyiogi obviously

Attached: 58f34f9ed63b543d34b686cafb90b092.jpg (1952x2060, 298K)

*Zyiodyne, idk where the fuck that other shit came from

Attached: tumblr_ouyy07UBY11s8lfn3o1_400.jpg (400x579, 42K)

I will be so mad if jack frost isn't in there
I love that faggot snowman

I feel like he's gonna be there in some form even if it's not as part of the moveset. Spirit, assist trophy, stage element, something. Would be really weird if he wasn't

No I always normal attack spam and upgrade Isaac’s , Felix or Matthew’s attack power up with Impact, switching to Mega Impact for the whole party. Mercury Adept spams Wish or whoever can do the same, Isaac does Ragnarok / Oddysey spam unless you have a good weapon with better unleash like Sol Blade. The only actual Adepts I often let use Djinn are the Mars Adepts. Not often the lead Venus Adept cause you need his attack power and him tanking to Revive the rest of the team.

Psynergy is real helpful early in the game though.

>tfw kind of want a lyricless vers of Last surprise
There was a variant in PV02 years back, no clean vers of it

I always found AOE psynergy killed random encounters faster, especially if you learn their elemental weaknesses. If you use good classes you should have 2 or sometimes even 3 offensive psynergy of each element which does more raw damage if there's more than two enemies.
Djinn and summons are only for bosses because summons do a fixed % of the enemy's health on top of their regular damage.
Vanilla GS is so easy that pretty much anything you do will work as long as you don't use full retard Djinn setups or something.

>Anime Swordsman
>uses a dagger

Attached: 1545076153040.png (389x386, 312K)

Are there actually "people" unironically upset we got Joker in Smash?

In class

Marth clone

>make "fighting game"
>roster gravitates towards humanoid forms with humanoid attack patterns

its inevitable, you really cant expect consistency if a fighting game is about amorphous blobs, quadrupedal monsters, pterodactyls, BIG BOIs and etc

There is literally nothing wrong with anime swordsmen and there genuinely aren’t enough of them in smash.

I kinda agree, but he definitely seems more interesting than any of the FE characters we have now

I don't care about the archetype, but he really shouldn't be in Smash. Third party characters in Smash should be historically relevant.

>Jab is 3 knife slashes + a gunshot like the critical hits in P5
An earlier datamine seemed like he had a rapid jab

>Swordsman
>Fights with a knife, gun and Persona
Fucking hell this fucking board...

He sticks out like a sore thumb. The other third parties are much older (even the relatively recent Bayonetta has been around for a decade), because they have genuine legacy.

Attached: spoiler.jpg (1400x1670, 982K)

>Smash fanbase complains about sword users
>Want Isaac, Steve, Rex, Erdrick, Ryu Hayabusa, and Doomguy
>All of them use swords

Attached: burns.gif (220x165, 518K)

Also Dante.

ANIGAY IS NOT OK

Wouldn't that mean he has two jab finishers? Feel like they could shove in the critical somewhere
>three a taps: gun critical
>keep mashing a into rapid jab: sword finisher

>inb4 "h-h-he totally counts as an overall SMT rep I swear"

Attached: Screenshot_20190322-123354_YouTube Vanced.jpg (2220x1080, 269K)

>Doomguy
He doesn’t use a sword
He uses a chainsaw that will be a sword with a different skin and has stun lock

He has a knife and gun

What game?

Devil Survivor 2

Faggot I want Erdrick

I want to FUCK kazooie.

you are 50% right, i wanted geno and banjo to be in the game

Attached: 1552946435044.jpg (576x1024, 64K)

bayonetta doesn't have a genuine legacy

he's probably going to be punching the shit out of people most of the time anyways.

>geno
why?

Are you retarded? Have you never heard of a short sword? Not all swords are 6 feet long and 300lbs, dumb ass motherfucker

They don't exclusively use swords

>Ren
yikes

It still baffles me that Sega went with this literal who instead of Shadow, he's much more popular than Joker and has been around for much longer.

Attached: TSR_Shadow.png (400x653, 427K)

you guys bitch and moan about anime swordsmen but fail to realize most vidya characters are anime swordsmen

Then choose other characters

Bayonetta is also second party and is the closest thing you'll get to Dante in Smash.

at least he's not Steve

Having Link, motherfucking Cloud Strife, and a couple FE characters is fine. It's when there's literally 7 or 8 sameface anime sword characters from Fire Emblem that have downb counters and large disjointed low-risk high-reward aerials that people get pissed off

>complain about swordsman
>Smash contrarians favorite FE pick is Black Knight and Lyn

Attached: 1554463308764_0.jpg (338x527, 35K)

>One of the most popular characters, uses more than just a sword
>Most popular FE villain, uses an axe. Not a generic swordlord

I don't see what the problem is. Much better FE reps than shill picks like Roy and Corrin or 3 Awakening characters with 2 of them being Marthclones

I'd rather have Black Knight with unique moveset over 3 Marth clones.

>>Most popular FE villain, uses an axe. Not a generic swordlord
>both Ike and BK use their mary sue swords
based retard

Attached: 1554405570655.png (994x665, 639K)

Black Knight is just another swordie yet he gets a pass by roaterfags for being a villain pick FE legit lacks
at least people got over the fact Masked Man is inferior to Porky

BK's assist trophy literally uses a sword

He holds it backhanded so the disjoints won't be ginormous

reminder that he comes out this month and we don't actually know enough about him to make that kind of judgement

BK uses a sword you retard. He'd just be an Ike clone or echo anyways

Shulk is shit too

Camus would've been a better villain pick and could be a mounted spearman or something. Hell he even has a few alt costumes to boot.

This

Lyn using a bow for one special doesn't put her aside from Zelda's set of swordies
literally that but a FE/Samurai flavor

based Iizuka keeping the garbage out
enjoy Sonic getting another shades of blue costumes.

I want this

Everyone likes trying to shift the blame on Atlus for news taking so long for Smash (supposedly due to Atlus' parade of jerking themselves over the moderate success of P5 ending in late April), but honestly, when I consider statements made by Sakurai I'm more likely to blame Nintendo. Sakurai claims that Nintendo wanted Joker as the first reveal despite the game not being officially released yet and no game assets relating to Joker being anywhere close to done enough to show off either.

Granted, this is Sakurai testimony, so don't necessarily take it with 100% faith.

>Robin main: "swordman bad!"
>Robin main: "why yes, Saki, Dark Matter, Takamaru, and Rex are my personal wants. how did you guess?"

Attached: nu-Spongebob is kino.jpg (553x695, 72K)

Shulk represents a unique Nintendo franchise, Monado Arts is a cool gimmick, and unlike the 4 Marths or Ike he actually requires more than 2 brain cells to play. He also has a British accent and is very quotable in Smash

olimar would get counterpicked to hell

Literally nobody knew who the fuck he was before Smash, we don't need nobodies like him in the game.

>Sirius gets in
>Ephiram gets to be his echo

Attached: say it.jpg (549x556, 27K)

I did

Wait what?

>Isaac represents a unique Nintendo franchise, Djinns, Howling, and Psynergy is a cool gimmick, and unlike the 4 Marths or Ike he actually requires more than 2 brain cells to play. He also voiced by Krystal's VA and is very quotable in Smash
why do we hate Goldem Sun again?

Smash has always added lesser known characters to give them time in the spotlight. Going by your logic the Smash roster should be nothing more than Mario and Pokemon characters with Link, Inklings and Villager thrown in

>you have to have fun my way

nobody played Shadow Dragon DS or imported Mystery DS to realize that
new remakes when?

Only people that hate on Golden Sun and Isaac being in Smash are NEVER EVER shitposters

For me, it's any of the beaststone or dragonstone users.

>Has a reverse grip
Looks like another Roy echo

they should just add the asylum demon

Joker in Smash will help sell more Persona 5

Attached: Jokah.png (300x310, 5K)