Artifical Difficulty: The Mini Boss

What was the point of this? It does no good for the player other than being exceedingly frustrating. It the literal equivelent to the game where you try to smack eachothers hands fast. Most of the mini bosses at least feel slightly rewarding but this prick is just infuriating, even after dropping him I'm still mad. Theres no more of him right?

Attached: Screen_Shot_2019-03-22_at_3.47.30_AM.jpg (640x359, 27K)

>t. over 300ms reaction time

Literally the easiest mini boss in the game. It teaches you to play aggressively and not just parry your way to victory.

Dodge to the side , hit him and fucking repeat. I was fucking hating Sekiro but it grew on me this is not souls or fucking nioh , study your opponents movement and react accordingly.

Did you skip all of the regular enemy versions of this guy on the way to him or something?

if you cant parry this old fart you will sepuku irl when u reach isshin

??
This miniboss was designed to test your parrying skills.

>bait thread
hey this guy is the easiest miniboss but I'm not here just to be a prick so I'll give you an actual advise bait or not
Be patient and wait for him to unsheath his sword, and then deflect twice. Do this multiple times, you don't need to pressure him, do mikiri if needed, jump if needed.

Except if you push him you literally have to worry about his sweep.

In die in 20 sec if you parry him, probably the easiest boss in the game.

Use mist raven you double nigger

by this point it should be obvious this is L1, the videogame.

parry = victory, more important than R1. (posture)

>tfw oldman reaction times
>know the attacks of all the bosses
>forces to parry by anticipating and predicting because can't react fast enough when the attack already starts
I love the game but man is reaction time hard to deal with

Attached: 1343077049859.jpg (406x364, 50K)

dude, just poison him. Use your fucking brain

lol?

This guy is so predictable and his moves can be telegraphed from a mile away. Holy shit how fucking bad are you?

This boss it's literaly the "spam parry button"

that's every boss though, straight to sword saint.

Probably your setup more than anything, user. Try a gaming monitor instead of a fancy laggy hdtv

Nah dude, 144Hz monitor, stable 60fps (cuz it can't go past it anyway thanks consoles) and again I know all the attacks after having died for hours, I'm just too slow

Quick step to your left and attack thats all you need to do to win

That's what I thought, deflect him a few times and his posture gets fucked.

Lmao you're gonna shit yourself if you ever actually make it to O'rin

>Be patient and wait for him to unsheath his sword, and then deflect twice
You don't even need to do that 90% of his attacks are the ia slashes with no variation if you wait for him to slash you can side step to your left and punish the shit out of him. The only thing you have to worry about is him punching you every now and then

Do you not have Ichimonji double or something. Literally makes mini bosses piss easy

Throw ash at him and use Ichimonji double you fucking pleb. Stop facerolling and use the tools at your disposal

Dunno if anyone has really noticed, but Sekiro is actually fantastic at training the player how to get better at it with it's various mini-bosses and bosses it throws at you. This guy is in a good position in the game to practice off of for parrying and how to look for attacks. You're not supposed to get by him without hammering down the mechanic. He's basically like an intermediate Hanbei for parrying.

The armored knight is to teach you the importance of battle positioning, the chained ogre is to show you that dodging isn't what you think it is, the spear guy is there to wall you without Mikiri counter.

Not that you can't get by all of them, just that they're all setups and training enemies. You beat them the way you're intended, the better you get at the game's mechanics, it's that simple.

I beat him my 2nd try and Genchiro my first try blind :)

You deflect his double slash 2-3 times and you deathblow him, no need to mongo him at all

Have you tried not being bad at video games? I'm not an amazing Sekiro player by ANY stretch, and I beat him in one attempt.

>Perfect parry as soon as the sword flashes, do two in a row
>Get free posture damage on that faggot

Wow so hard such a difficult boss, Fromsoft needs to tone it down wow such difficulty such hardships in life such amazing one shot damage, so much rage, so much difficulty oh wow guys oh wow why you guys why.

Nigga just press jump?
You cant be this retarded

>sword flashes
>tap parry twice
>proceed to fuck him in the ass
wow so hard