I don't get it

I don't get it.

Attached: MTG_necropotence.jpg (469x654, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

scryfall.com/card/rna/187/kayas-wrath
scryfall.com/card/rna/151/absorb
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=1488
mtg.gamepedia.com/Static_ability
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=397800
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What's there not to get? You forgo drawing cards normally in exchange for being able to set aside cards to draw at the beginning of your next turn at the cost of 1 life per card. Extremely broken.

MTGbelongs to /tg/

I think he means he doesn't know why it's really really good.
Which would also be dumb of him.

you can't read?

I PAY 10 LIFE TO DRAW 10 CARDS IN MY END PHASE

You pay a life, you get a card. It's absurdly broken and warped the entire game around itself for its entire duration in standard.

Trivia: WotC tried to make a "fixed" version with the card's Yawgmoth's Bargain, which cost twice as much mana but gave you the card immediately. Unfortunately, due to their tremendous ability to fuck up at literally every opportunity, they also printed cards like Academy Rector, Phyrexian Tower, and tons of other fast mana in the same block that made it pathetically easy to get Bargain onto the field. But it was okay, because Tolarian Academy was so broken that Bargain nothing else even mattered

Necropotence isnt as good as it was back in the day brainlet, if you threw it into current standard(I.E. the format most new players jump into) it would see no play.

Retards who make wild statements like necropotence is good and anyone who doesnt get that is dumb are only exposing themselves as brainlets Maybe the only people who are worse are those that think mindsculpter is a tier zero walker if put into any format, completely forgetting he saw little play until after bloodbraid left the format and that he folds to anything with a similar strat or not being in a format where you have atleast 4 forces backing him up.

the only "retards" are the ones who played magic when any of the bullshit you just blabbed about came into play haha lol

Ahhh, the Urza block. So fucking broken.
Those were the days.

Feel free to kill yourself brainlet.

Esper control is whomping people in standard right now running cards with major prohibitive mana costs like Kaya's Wrath.

>3 mana draw 10 would see no play

You mean 3 black mana retard

>necropotence + library of lang + ivory towers

Get access to your entire deck.

Gain 20 life a turn.

t.johnny
Someone got spiked :)

Lmao the reason necropotence wouldnt see play isnt just because of its mana, the whole mechanic doesnt jive with the pace of a format like standard, losing 7 life to draw 7 and then subsequently being suprised that your aggro or midrange opponent bodys you the next turn is just retarded. Magic is more complex then just "this card good" "blue best color" "this is a staple!" nothing pisses me off more then faggots like this.

necro was best with rituals and wouldn't slot into any current meta deck, but the raw card advantage it creates would absolutely be able to create a monob zoo-style deck that could probably crack tier 2 on its own.

I am literally the spike bodying johnnys trying to play necro lol

scryfall.com/card/rna/187/kayas-wrath
scryfall.com/card/rna/151/absorb

Both of these were 4 offs in the deck that just won The biggest tournament in all of MTG history. Just fucking leave, you're embarrassing yourself.

>blue best color
this is true though

Combine it with Wilderness Reclamation and Nexus of Fate and you instantly break the game. The only thing holding back reclamation/nexus decks is if they ever can't hit repeated nexus, but necropotence would guarantee that hit every single time.

You would need so many other cards to fall into place for a turn 3 card in a standard format like necro to see play at all.

Buddy your embaressing yourself, 2 of one color on a card is not the same as 3 of one color, not to mention Its actually probably green at this point even in formats like legacy.

Your daily reminder that counter decks are genuinely the least fun thing in the game. Fuck counterspell with a rake, and fuck whoever decided having the card draw color also be the counter color was a good idea.

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=1488

>allows you to win at instant speed in eternal formats
>staple in EDH
>the control meta in standard
>ad naus and storm in modern

Attached: 53695299_2330068560606938_1033147983551528960_o.jpg (1089x709, 53K)

It's funny how MTG's wording and card text massively improved over the years while Yugioh's just got consistently worse

Claim your MTG waifu

Attached: EleshNornGrandCenobite.jpg (1601x1785, 629K)

Keywords are a hell of a drug

Blue is probably one of the strongest colors, but to say it's the best color is a little misleading. Blue cards have been continuously getting more and more toned down, so the overall power of blue has been dropping steadily.

My favorite card and card art.
Second is The Locust God.

Attached: Skithiryx_the_Blight_Dragon.jpg (620x539, 80K)

>necro isn't even in standard
what did the larper mean by this?

NO REST
NO MERCY
NO
MATTER
WHAT

Attached: akroma.jpg (312x445, 65K)

>That would actually be yawgmoths bargin not necropotence
>a mono black card is a staple in a format with deck color restrictions
Brainlet

Attached: 1539712312388.jpg (672x936, 105K)

She is the best and the cutest

Attached: 1363558447494.jpg (1600x1200, 485K)

Love throwing down board wipes

Attached: 129383_200w.jpg (200x285, 25K)

>For the absolute longest time I thought her head was the large white thing a la pyramid head.
>Years later realize it's actually a semi-normal human face.
Killed my interest in the card.

Buddy I mean figuratively im sorry your not smart enough to intuitively understand that

Attached: uds-22-tormented-angel.jpg (672x936, 230K)

meant for

It's simple.

You skip your draw step
You can pay as many life as you want, drawing 1 card for 1 life.
You put the drawn cards in exile and face down
At the beginning of your end step, you put the cards in your hand.
If you have more than 7 cards in hand, you remove the excess cards from the game instead of putting them in the graveyard

Attached: v09-9-necropotence.jpg (672x936, 201K)

*plays one of a billion exile cards*
le oops

i want to put it inside this monster

>I am figuratively beating people
alright man, good roleplaying I guess? Sorry I thought there was a real argument or something you were making instead of you being a fucking retard

Not so fast

Attached: plc-12-rebuff-the-wicked.jpg (488x680, 133K)

>Implying Yawgmoth's Bargain is legal in EDH
>Implying Yawgmoth's Bargain is legal in Legacy
>Implying Yawgmoth's Bargain isn't also a black card
Do you even play the game?

Oops

Attached: rix-22-slaughter-the-strong.jpg (672x936, 229K)

This.

also Iona to annihilate mono-color decks.

Attached: en9v15.jpg (312x445, 38K)

Any instant removal can deal with her as soon as the player uses her

>bruh mindsculptor is bad because you can't drop him turn 4 vs humans
retard

Not if you the color named matches the removal spell

video games

The instant will resolve before her ability kicks in.

MtG is such massive autism.

There are so many cards now it takes so much experience or pure autism to build a proper deck.

I've played about 10 hours of MtG Arena and I've come to the conclusion that it's impossible to get into.

Not to mention the gambling 'collecting' aspect.

>draw a fuckton of cards
>start combo
>win
The only relevant life point is the last

holy shit are we on /tg/

You can counter it, but if she resolves, you can only cast spells of the chose color as she's entering, not when.

>draw a fuckton of cards
>you will discard all of it since you only get the cards just before the discard phase
xd

>magic arena
>magic online
>duel of the planeswalker
>duel of the planeswalker 2012
>duel of the planeswalker 2013
>duel of the planeswalker 2014
>duel of the planeswalker 2015
>magic duels
>not video games
user pls

Maybe against mono-blue it will be hard to land. Be i don't see many instant spells that would prevent it from landing on other colors. Consider that at this point there will be other cards and enchantments on the board.

Attached: m19-254-reliquary-tower.png (745x1040, 1.49M)

>9 CMC
>No self protection before being cast.
Big yikes from me.

At least with Necro they had the excuse that "life as a resource" wasn't established back then as it is now.

Tolarian Academy on the other hand, no fucking excuse, that's just absurd.
>mfw I saw it the first time

Attached: 1412582898899.jpg (360x296, 12K)

Nobody's talking about any of those games

For me, it's Emrakul.

Attached: emrakul.png (1024x1280, 612K)

no dummy, even if she resolves you can respond to her entering the battlefield

just play with your close friends bro. Just have fun.

>The only relevant life point is the last
This isn't YGO. Life swings actually matter a ton in Magic.

>hard casting anything with >cmc5
fucking plebs

Translation?

Who here is EDH masterrace and why is pic related the best commander to get a surprise win with?

Attached: Image[1].png (223x311, 130K)

Her ability is not triggered. It's "as" not "when" it enters the battlefield. You can't in response to her if she's already a permanent.

what could possibly go wrong

Attached: index.jpg (190x265, 13K)

I am a simple man

Attached: file.png (1024x819, 550K)

I can easily cast it on the fifth turn actually.

too bad I dont have ten dicks so she can give me 10 handjobs at the same time

Supreme taste
>

Attached: mrd-228-platinum-angel.jpg (672x936, 193K)

>nobody is talking about mtg
oh boy you'll be surprised once you start reading the posts!

>drawing seven (7) cards is not enough to win a game of magic
maybe you should stop sucking dicks

Why has magic been so damn boring, almost every new mechanic is some variant on giving shit +1/+1 counters

My waifu.

People were crazy about her and Akroma back in the early 2000's. I was the only teenager with both of them.

Attached: 10e-166-phage-the-untouchable.jpg (672x936, 234K)

avacyn is a clumsy girl

Attached: 08833947-806A-4D2D-9A26-EAADD6E5FC58.jpg (973x1200, 545K)

I bought the book.
That was some crazy shit.

>release phage
>entire block has "remove x from field then return it" shenanigans
our wife never stood a chance

Timmy complained his big dumb creature exploded the instant he tapped mana for it

I LOVE MTG SABER!

Attached: 1535870627444.jpg (1200x1181, 367K)

Attached: Elenda.jpg (375x523, 35K)

I don't get it

Attached: 1516460168807.jpg (464x664, 144K)

>friend finally made an akroma deck
>kill him turn 4 with my broken as fuck elf deck
>kill him turn 3 with my broken as fuck goblin deck
>mirrodin comes out
>kill him turn 2 with my broken as fuck affinity deck
fun times

It actually probably wouldn't be super good because of 3 black mana and red, white, and boros aggro being so strong right now, in standard at least.

Honestly though, playing kitchen table with lower powered decks is where it's at.

Attached: 1520196527393.jpg (1200x877, 382K)

I actually like Amass as a mechanic. Going tall instead of wide on tokens is kind of unique.

It was a different time

That's what I said, but only as she's coming in. Once she's actually on the board, you can't cast the chosen color because the "as" timing has passed.

I had to look up the ruling for Iona.

Her ability is static, meaning its already active. Playing an instant counter or removal has no effect because Iona has no ability that needs to be resolved as she enters the battlefield, the thing that instants can take effect before an ability is triggered. Iona has a static ability, its already active and the color is already in effect, just needs to be stated.

Iona lives.

Acutally what bothers me the most is the token mechanic. Everything now has some shit to fill the entire table with tokens.

This is Emrakul we're talking about here user, you just KNOW she'd make your grow at least 10 more dicks

wait isn't the discard phase at the end of the turn?

Thanks bro. Iona is the queen of my mono-white deck. Love to see people leaving the table as soon as I cast her.

I always wanted to build something around her, but it never turned viable. Best odds are probably with Slivers, but still.

It's just such a fun card.

Attached: scg-138-karona-false-god.jpg (672x936, 234K)

>>a mono black card is a staple in a format with deck color restrictions
Yes? It's a staple in nearly any deck that can run it. Is this not obvious? That's like saying rampant growth isn't a commander staple because not every deck has green.

What's the most annoying deck to play against?

I vote for LD decks.

>Literally an ETB effect
>It's not an ETB!
How can you name a color when you can't name a color until it enters the battlefield?

What does this say?

permission shit or pillow fort

She is my rat ninja waifu and I love her.

Attached: Wallpaper_InkEyesServantOfOni_1280x960[1].jpg (1280x960, 313K)

Rampant Growth isn't a commander staple because it's a card slot that can instead be used for Nature's Lore, Three Visits, Skyshroud Claim, and Farseek, all of which are generally superior.

That or draw-go control. Hard call.

Go petition all the MTG judges and call the CEO of Wizards and their board members and ask them nicely to change the card.

puto el que lee

Maybe a zombie token reanimator deck? Put tons of tokens into play, discard karona and reanimate her, swing and sacrifice her if she survives.

Do you even green? If your deck doesn't have enough ramp to get you to the moon by turn 4 you're not doing it right.

Depends on what format you're playing.
I've always hated Tron. Not just because it's unfair, but because Tron players think they're the best players in the world since you couldn't kill them before turn 3

Take turns is retarded. Tron is also retarded when you play perfectly and he just topdeck and win

Token mechanics are a quick and easy way to increase the power level of cards in development to be more competitively viable.
Making a creature that also generates a token is kind of like having an instant spell that cantrips in that regard.
It's a real easy card design pitfall to just make everything better by giving it one of those effects

>pretending to be retarded
Why?

It's not an ability that goes on the stack, so you don't get an a chance to respond to it.

I green more than enough, but there is a limit to ramp. You can't win the game by having many forests. Those four provide plenty of ramp and mana fixing already, Rampant Growth is a pauper's option.

I agree with you, the wording is really bad. It would literally make no difference if instead of "as enter the battlefield" it were "when you cast".

I tried once but it never worked out. Someday I'll try again.

As per wotc

Once the color is chosen, it’s too late for opponents to respond by casting spells of that color. Iona is not yet in the battlefield at the time the color is chosen, so, for example, there’s no way for an opponent to destroy it by casting Doom Blade if the chosen color is black.

>You can't win the game by having many forests.
You wanna bet?

Attached: 1534905559996.jpg (672x936, 212K)

Attached: Elesh Norn Grand Cenobite.jpg (1560x2080, 1.4M)

Again, the ability may be static, but you can't name a color until it enters the battlefield, meaning that even though the ability is there, the color is not. So, again, how can you name said color before it even enters the battlefield?

No, there would be a difference. "when you cast" is even more powerful because it would work as soon as you add Iona to the stack when casting her from your hand
Which isn't the case with the current ability. She can still be Counter Spelled as is, just not Terrored

>You can't win the game by having many forests.

Attached: 10931_200w.jpg (200x284, 18K)

That's having a creature and you know it.
Either way Rampant Growth proves a mediocre option even for Omnomnomnath.

>Tron is also retarded when you play perfectly and he just topdeck and win
I remember last week I was playing against Tron on GDS. I had 2 9/9 Shadows, a Disdainful Stroke in hand, and I knew his only nonland was Ugin.
Then the motherfucker top decks a goddamn Ulamog. I hate that deck si fucking much

I'm not talking about doomblade. Obviously you can't doomblade it, because there is no target for doomblade until it hits the battlefield, at which point a color is already named.
I'm talking about shit like Mana drain or Mana Leak or anything that counters during casting.

wait since you skip your draw step you dont die when your deck is at 0, right?

Her static ability doesn't work when she's on the stack and not in play. It's like not being able to counter a hexproof creature, it doesn't work like that.

Yes, unless some other effect makes you draw.

It would work like that if it was changed to "when you cast" like the other guy suggested
Like, are you even reading the reply chain?

Does the rule specifically say that you only lose if you try to draw during the draw step? Legitimate question, it works differently in nearly every TCG I've ever played.

Though I guess it's irrelevant with Necropotence due to the fact that you never technically draw cards with it, only add them to your hand from exile.

I play gb midrange, almost anything he manage to play means I'm dead

Sinkhole in Horizons

>Does the rule specifically say that you only lose if you try to draw during the draw step?
No, any draw effect that stipulates you must draw. In some situations it's a legitimate strategy to force your opponent to draw more cards via spells to clear out their deck.

No it wouldn't, what the hell are you smoking.

mtg.gamepedia.com/Static_ability
"Static abilities apply only when the object they appear on is in play unless the card specifies otherwise"

I play modern tho

Attached: DwCIce0UwAAh69-.jpg (1200x882, 172K)

taaaaake thisss

Attached: pls-60-flametongue-kavu.jpg (672x936, 256K)

>ETB effect
You are mistaking stack effects with statics, and these rare cards always confuse people when people come across them. For example, originally Indestructible was phrased as "is indestructible" and not "has indestructible." That meant it wasn't an ability that could be wiped away or lost by another effect.

It's just another facet of mtg, although rare. Familiarize yourself with it.

>unless the card specifies otherwise
Yes, changing it to "when you cast" would be stating otherwise

I know, and I'm saying Sinkhole should he in Horizons

Yeah but in other games (pokemon specifically) you still technically wouldn't lose until the next time you draw.

And I know in Yugioh you'd technically lose even before any other state based actions could occur, such as checking for Exodia.

Rules were already stated. Iona wont die to an instant removal or counter or cancel anything when she is played because she already had protection from whatever color. Her skill or ability, how ever you wish to categorize it, is already active because its static not triggered. It comes with her. If you play murder for example, as soon as the guy removes her form his hand and announces he is playing her and his hand is mid air in the process of putting her onto the table and he hasnt stated a color yet, and you rush your fat greasy neckbeard hands to slam your murder onto the table to kill Iona, it doesnt matter because it wont work.

"when you cast choose a color"
???

Her second ability only applies when she's a permanent.

Nah, not the case here. You must draw but can't, you immediatly lose, regardless of why.

Flavor of the month fag but yeah I like this one a lot too

You literally can not name a color until it enters the battlefield.

Fuck off nigger, Llorwyn didn't have shocks/checks and it had a FIVE FUCKING COLOR control deck that ran a triple green card as a finisher

If you are, at any time, forced to draw a card but are unable to, you lose.

Other cards that effect the enemy deck, like Jester's Cap and Millstone on the other hand, weren't DRAW effects, so if you used them on a person with an empty deck they simply did nothing.

>You literally can not name a color until it enters the battlefield.
>until it enters
No, it is "as" it enters.

No shit.
You added nothing to the conversation.

We're discussing if changing "as she enters" to "when cast" would be a clearer way to convey that ruling or if it would in fact change the way the card functions

You name a color AS it enters the battlefield. That's not a trigger you can respond to. After it resolves there is no chance to cast a spell before the static ability is active.

And the ability isn't active until she's on the battlefield, which she isn't while she's on the stack and you'd counter it.
This is basic stuff user

And she's not entering until the spell resolves. None of that happens or is active until she resolves and enters.

nigga do you not understand how the stack works? she has to resolve before murder can even be played, but not for counterspell.

my bad.

you have no idea what you are taking about. Necropotence is even more broken in the standard format now which has shitty cards compared to eternal. Many vintage cubes still use a worser version of necro as a staple due to the BBB cost (phyrexian arena), I play a lot of Breya control in 1 v 1 edh and it is the best card in the deck outside of sol, crypt, and maybe winter orb. It is good outside of the fact you get 30 life to start in EDH, I have slammed necro with like 10 or less life plenty of times and it usually wins me a game I am losing.

You are unironcially a huge brainlet. your statement is so stupid I could not believe it. You really give off the impression of someone who thinks he is smart but not.

You can name a color before you even cast her. Before you even draw your opening hand you can just start shouting "BLUE! I NAME BLUE!" It just doesnt mean anything until you choose a color as she ETBs

meant for .

"Until" meants after ."As" means during. This is basic English, user.

Well fuck, I was mis-reading it then.
What a stupid way to word the card. Just make it "While being cast" or even "As this card is cast"

*le knows more then the official rulings, judges, WotC owners, every other player, etc*
XD

:p

that is the official ruling you fucking idiot

>What a stupid way to word the card. Just make it "While being cast" or even "As this card is cast"
But that's now how it works, we just explained how it's not while it's being cast. Can you not read?

Wait that means it will be legal in modern?

If you can activate the effect multiple times its pretty broken.
Smack them down for most of the game, then play this to try and topdeck lethal.
I'm sure thats not how magic actually works with some of the OTHER broken cards out there, but that was probably the developer intent.

>when your waifu is a common card
Floodbringer

Attached: 74637.crop.hq.jpg (419x305, 62K)

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=397800

>1/10/2009 Once the color is chosen, it’s too late for opponents to respond by casting spells of that color. Iona is not yet in the battlefield at the time the color is chosen, so, for example, there’s no way for an opponent to destroy it by casting Doom Blade if the chosen color is black.

>tfw bought necropotence and phyrexian arena for cheap
>haven't played commander in ages plus no black aligned commander to use them in
feels card advantageless bros

good way to kill yourself with mana burn

if mana burn still existed :^)

Not him but haven't played since mirrodin and still knew about stack, resolving and entering the battlefield

At least use a better wincon, honestly.

Attached: mma-160-rude-awakening.jpg (672x936, 282K)

No, because that's not how it's supposed to work. It works when it enters the battlefield, it works exactly as intended. Just because you're a jackass and say NO BLACK CARDS as the card is resolving doesn't mean it was the proper time to declare what color you wanted the opponents to be locked out of.

Oh, I was going for tribal effects in addition.

Yea Forums - Video Games

>until end of turn
>also not having a million elf lords on the battlefield when you set off the ambush

I dont see (you) anymore. Was this removed?

That's the problem with magic post-color pie.
It cemented blue's monopoly on most non-board interactions (Only sharing a weaker discard with black) and left it majority holder of many other good things. [Flying and other "evasion" mechanics. Bounce. Freeze.]

Thus, their abilities must be toned down. Much like Green lost their ramp-staples, and Red's damage staples keep getting made worse. Blue is slowly losing their abilities as the color pie grows stale.

update your extension

>It works when it enters the battlefield
It's literally not an ETB.

Haven't played in years but I kinda wanna build a jankass EDH deck on pic related

Attached: bok-104-fumiko-the-lowblood.jpg (672x936, 256K)

I'm with . What does "cast" even mean to you? When the card entered the stack? When it resolves onto the battlefield? Entering the battlefield != cast, so your phrasing suddenly gives her immunity to colors before she even resolves, like blue, which would mean she could no longer be countered.

However, that was not the intent behind her ability. It's just an effect she has with her once resolved, like Deathtouch.

not anymore, mtg discussions are exclusively the realm of arena babbies

>As Iona, Shield of Emeria enters the battlefield, choose a color.
>somehow this is not an ETB effect
READ THE FUCKING CARD

Attached: 1528042117710.jpg (184x184, 16K)

FUCK, meant to respond to

>and say NO BLACK CARDS as the card is resolving doesn't mean it was the proper time
That is exactly the proper time you are supposed to name the color, user. Are you confused?

No, you're supposed to say it when it enters, AFTER it resolves.

She's Wild.

Attached: Wild.jpg (768x432, 439K)

It means literally what it says, as it enters you name a color. That isn't an effect that goes on the stack, once she resolves and is on the battlefield your chosen color is in place. The only things you need to take from this are:

-You can't say "blue" and expect it to stop someone from counterspelling her
-If you chose black, someone can't throw a doom blade on her as she resolves because her static effect isn't an ETB that goes on the stack and is already in place instead

> Iona is not yet in the battlefield at the time the color is chosen.
That's literally the text of the official ruling.

I use the native Yea Forums extension

Attached: 1546243709538.png (680x750, 135K)

muh dick

Attached: Ah9mwUO.jpg (1600x1200, 519K)

>Iona is literally not on the battlefield during the time in which she can name a color.
It's literally not an ETB.

ETB effects enter the stack, user.

Just like how an opponent doesn't get to respond between Deadly Recluse entering the battlefield and it gaining Deathtouch, an opponent doesn't get to respond to Iona entering the battlefield and choosing the color. A choice is made as it enters, but it is not an ETB effect as commonly understood when people use that term.

*blocks your path*

Attached: 1389458056.png (653x913, 1.26M)

>gives her immunity to colors before she even resolves, like blue, which would mean she could no longer be countered.

How is flying a blue mechanic? I get it's also in blue but it's literally in every color except green in nearly every single set.

Dragons fly.
White Birbs fly.
A bunch of random black shit flies.

How is it blue? I swear to god this irks me as much as "card draw in green is really rare" does since green gets a card draw spell nearly every other set.

>he doesn't know

An ETB effect is a triggered ability that goes off when a permanent enters the battlefield, specifically with the wording "WHEN __ enters the battlefield" or "WHEN __ comes into play" for legacy cards. That isn't what's happening here. It's silly that the wording matters so much, but that's just how the game works. "When" = triggered ability.

The order is this:

>1. cast
>2. priority passes through all players and she goes to resolve
>3. declare your chosen color and it becomes active at the same time she resolves

It's not an ETB. The only spot another player can cast something is between 1 and 2.

>Flying is an evergreen mechanic
>it's not in Green

explain this shit Wizards

>sissy white boi overshadowed by the new black bull and relegated to support duty
KARA BOGA

People are saying the official ruling says you can't counterspell it, though.

If people are saying that they're either wrong or you're misreading it. Her static effect doesn't exist until she's on the battlefield, it's the same logic that lets you counterspell hexproof creatures.

Nigger logic, you are wrong. official ruling says you are fucked if they play Iona.

"Resolving" is process of it being resolved. It's already guaranteed. You're arguing semantic over the 0.2 seconds of moving it from the stack to the battlefield. Either way, no other card or effect may be played during that time or in response between its resolving process and the chosen color.

The Orzhova always claim their due. Always.

Attached: Image.ashx?multiverseid=366316&type=card.jpg (223x310, 30K)

>having only one wife

Attached: eight.jpg (312x445, 35K)

But I was saying that you could counterspell it throughout the thread, and people are saying no.
From my understanding, it goes like this.
>She is cast.
>I counterspell
>She is then gone.
People are saying it goes like this
>She is cast
>She then names color
>Therefore, nothing can be done.

No they fucking don't. The official ruling talks about the doom blade example, she can still be countered. All the ruling states is how her effect is static and not an ETB that can be responded to.

Attached: 1545007306242.png (1089x729, 698K)

>it's 2019
>serra is still dead and will never get a card

No they aren't, in fact look at all these posts that have said the EXACT OPPOSITE of that

I wish this was in Arena

You choose the color after everyone gets their chance to respond to her spell cast, but before she enters. She can still be countered, you just couldn't throw a spell of the chosen color at her once she's on the battlefield and is a creature instead of a spell.

>ooh obzedat so scary
your times are up dead old white men, sit down, be humble

Attached: Kayas-Wrath-Ravnica-Allegiance-Art-e1549352127895-730x280.jpg (730x280, 30K)

>being this mad
>having to make shit up to hide your sore anal area
pfffffffhahaha

Not him but I think you're misreading things. People only said you can't counter her because others have suggested changing the wording to "when you cast" intead of the actual "as it enters battlefield" and like the other user said they're wrong because if you choose a color with her on the stack her static ability is only in effect if she's on the battlefield as a permanent. That's how blue can counter creatures with hexproof or protection from blue.

You are right.
Her chosen color only comes into effect when she resolves on the field.
She can be countered on the stack.

The color is named when she is resolved, not when she enters the stack. She can be countered in the stack.

Stop using the word "cast" and use the mechanical terms to be specific.

Not quite.

Attached: 1374_10E_Timestop_foil.jpg (300x419, 123K)

Iona works on the same principle as Pithing Needle, you can do shit before it resolves; colour/card is not named until Iona/Pithing is resolved. Once you pass priority you can not cast cards of that colour/activated ability.

So then I was right from the beginning.
What the fuck is wrong with the anons in this thread.

>I didn't read the thread

>no counter argument
Thanks for admitting you were wrong!

Attached: 1524142183519.jpg (256x256, 73K)

Correct. Its powerful because you get choose what cards you get to keep. Giving you hand advantage.

People claiming to be magic pros.

>Stop using the word "cast" and use the mechanical terms to be specific.
Cast/ing is literally the term used when you play any card.

>2019
>people still don't understand how the stack works, what the fuck triggers are and what how static abilities work
Was Garfield an hack all this time?

Fill me in on the current lore with this cunt. Ravnica was my favorite block and the only one where I bought and read the books for and I hear they brought it back but SJW'd it?

Yes, Horizons goes straight into Modern and skips Standard

have you seen the other shit he's worked on

All of MTG is SJW'd and BLACKED

obzedat was oosuted for not paying reparations, ghost are now oppresed, teysa is sub lesbo for sheboon

Actually discard step is after end of turn which is an actual phase. First you have the end step which you can play spells and abilities then the cleanup step where you discard to 7.

HOW CAN PEOPLE BE SUCH BRAINLETS HOLYYYY SHITT THIS ENTIRE THREAD IS RETARDATION

The real reason Iona is worded the way she is now and doesn't say "cast" is because that would make her worthless as a reanimator target

Attached: 1308893984606.jpg (791x1107, 366K)

People who think Magic has become "SJW-ified" have not been players of magic for very long.
People on Yea Forums unironically thought Teferi and Kaya were "new" planeswalkers.

and that's a good thing. Fuck cards that don't let you play the fucking game.

Niggers existing in magic since the beginning is not the same as half the current cards being niggers.

Back in it's time a Necro deck was something to be respected.

Attached: 1514649592961.jpg (319x331, 18K)

What are you talking about? In order to enter the battlefield SHE HAS TO RESOLVE FIRST. So yes you can counter her. If the website says different then the website is wrong straight up and whoever made that ruling is a retard who doesn't understand basic stack functionality.

Blocks my wallet is more like it.

>abusing broken shit
>respected

Who's ready to play with some cool new EDH tech

Magic is complicated if you havent spent a considerable amount of time learning how to abuse the extremely specific mechanics.

My dick is fucking ready
>no reprints of currently legal modern cards

Attached: en_RI1OiiW86P.png (265x370, 170K)

Try harder, faggot. Toning down art/women is one thing, things becoming "niggerfied" is another. The former is surely happening, the latter is not.

>mogg fanatic can't block and kill x2s anymore because people were too stupid to read the rulebook that came with every starter deck
I'm still mad

t. nigger

the reason was he was generating too much value

What is ETB?

>implying Kaya isn't new
2.5 years old is not "old" and it fits just in line when the shit started happening.

And Teferi never used to look like fucking Idris Elba either.

The only reason it was broken is because of "dark ritual" the card in of it's self is fine.

Attached: 1550546589761.jpg (637x768, 123K)

Faggots like you are why I can barely talk about Magic anymore.
Fuck off.

Enters
The
Niggerfield

dicks out

Attached: 300px-Phage.jpg (300x387, 49K)

>three visits
I'm literally the only person I know who owns that card. It's not a staple.

They did this to add decision making to the card.
Before, you had a right way to make the play that gave you your combat damage and your activated ability damage.
Now you get one or the other and you have to actually think about which one you want.
Yeah, the card is worse because of it and that sucks, but now you actually have to think.

Yep getting rid of damage on the stack was one of the reasons I eventually quit the game. This made the game (at least standard) way more brain dead by nerfing the fuck out combot mechanics.

t.

Attached: we wuz magic n sheeit nigguh.png (265x258, 90K)

Tfw Mirrodin block and Kaledesh were my favorite blocks

Being a artifact bro sucks.

Attached: 1553810721272.png (424x655, 237K)

while removing damage from the stack nerfed many creatures severely (RIP Windreaver), it was a good change.

>I like it when shit gets banned
I hate you.

You look like a retard my dude, complain about the tits, at least that has an actual trend

Attached: Image (1).jpg (223x310, 27K)

>tfw antiquities
>tfw urza saga
artifact themed sets were always op as fuck

Attached: atq-81-mishra-s-workshop.jpg (672x936, 251K)

Attached: Thalia.jpg (672x936, 212K)

Attached: HOLD THAT THOT.jpg (1000x1000, 1002K)

Phyrexia and original Innistrad are by far the best blocks of magic.
Amonkhet was a really cool idea, and it's unfortunate it came out during one of the absolute bottom barrel times of Magic.

Thats a stupid reason to gut combat complexity completely. You can't do almost any of the old clever shit you used to be able to do and thats a damn shame

>Professor! user has artifice in his bag of holding!

>tiny little nigger kid with a giant head
>suddenly looks like Idris Elba because reasons
>even though he looked like this since Time Spiral
You're the one who looks like a fucking retard, dude.

Attached: 1534790236776.jpg (672x936, 280K)

>clearly based off an east african
>turns into idris elba
come on dude, thats like turning a han chinese into a dalit

Literally a refined version of Alpha. All the stupid brokeness and cool ideas but polished.

Nigga don't even get me fucking started on what they did to my lithe elf berserker waifu Radha.

Attached: 1529477209596.jpg (672x936, 308K)

no the reason was literally because people were too brainlet to understand the rules so they just dumbed them down. a bunch of cards were unintentionally nerfed by the change.

the gay way of saying comes into play

Attached: 211.png.jpg (480x680, 207K)

>went from having a qt tum to having tree trunk legs
Absolute horseshit, it's not even the same fucking character.

Attached: 1543139148009.jpg (672x936, 242K)

>from D.VA to Zarya in one easy step!