Megaman thread

How would you feel about a megaman Hack N' Slash/character action game?
youtu.be/FrMIu5gUc0M
youtu.be/bc5kn5bn8oY
youtu.be/resS2trt8yc
youtu.be/DLZBYEM6Vxo

Attached: rockman-mythos-megaman-12-madhands_1_c7c4e11ff0ca4e32be47f088e831fd18.jpg (1200x834, 154K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2DQrPxqu1A8
youtu.be/UadXEk4eFks
youtube.com/watch?v=R9vaemFanuY&t=335s
youtube.com/watch?v=ctA999T5HZM&t=174s
youtube.com/watch?v=hWWxFFjQHKQ&t=43s
youtu.be/DGIjEkmMBzM
youtu.be/S5PihKr7Rwc
youtu.be/IdveWWCSWgs
romhacking.net/hacks/4390/
youtu.be/Ig2jK0m8MyE
youtu.be/Ev1RsHQcrcI
youtu.be/M4tsUq9_oLQ
youtu.be/aFac87GI7II
youtube.com/watch?v=vewQeMzPgE8
youtube.com/watch?v=uDE3ij7Nzvg
youtu.be/jCD3OPaJZjw
rave.dj/vRWLTnel3tDovg
rave.dj/5tcDLogvkQpDFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=NDq0_IRTWoY
youtube.com/watch?v=24XFIUe1qSU
comichere.net/comic/mega-man-2011/
comichere.net/comic/sonic-mega-man-worlds-collide
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Could be cool. Would you only play as Zero?

is there going to be a Zero collection soon?

The cutest mega

Attached: 1438667321954.jpg (1024x768, 102K)

I mean i imagine he'd be the main character but it's not like he's the only one with access to a sword, and i guess megaman could copy close range weapons from bosses.
and I'm sure there's a way to make long ranged weapons fun in this type of game, pic related had the right idea but it could be executed better

Attached: Lady_EX_(Model)_DMC4SE.png (372x918, 382K)

Aile is my favourite Nintendo DS add-on!

Attached: 36921 - Mega_Man Mega_Man_ZX Nintendo_DS aile.jpg (600x800, 347K)

Attached: 34.png (632x800, 259K)

Maybe, though I expect a BN collection before it. There already was a Zero Collection for the DS a couple of years ago.

No. Stop asking.

where can i buy one. it didn't come with my preorder.

Attached: tumblr_lsera9kWCD1qks7y7o1_400.jpg (400x456, 49K)

So hows the current relationship between Capcom and inticreates? how did the Conman incident affect it?

Attached: tumblr_mx7ouna6At1qcvylqo1_400.png (400x400, 113K)

no, all we need is Mega Man X Corrupted youtube.com/watch?v=2DQrPxqu1A8

Attached: IMG-2491.png (1200x2400, 114K)

Attached: 9804922a0aea52dc87d71bbb71571b09.jpg (581x1035, 74K)

neat as fuck, but hasnt this been in production for over ten years?

Honestly the best looking of enemy Megamen from ZXA.

Attached: 55198914_p16.jpg (1176x1716, 485K)

it could work, but Itd just be a zero game. don't see X being fun in a game like DMC/MGR.

Also Was mythos Zero featured in anything besides the remastred album cover?

Attached: 1554419259038.jpg (960x640, 105K)

I hope pic related gets in as an easter egg.

Attached: get_equipped_with___z_saber_by_estefanoida_dd0f6tq-fullview.jpg (600x798, 63K)

GYEHEE..
GYE HAHAHAHAHA

Attached: siarnaq_model_p_art_by_tomycase_d5s4sdw-pre.jpg (858x931, 86K)

who?
or is that just Zero

*laughs in japanese*

Attached: e834c17d7af40feefd5bcf1541ed749c.jpg (736x660, 61K)

Why the FUCK was Omega not like that ?

That's kawaii.

suits thought having Omega look too different would make people confused or something.
youtu.be/UadXEk4eFks

Megaman after befriending Zero.

Attached: meeting_him_by_estefanoida_dcv5jgw-pre.jpg (1002x798, 114K)

I just finished Megaman x1-8. What should I play next?

Attached: 1554249197147.png (510x546, 215K)

Megaman Zero

Attached: 52013466_p6.jpg (994x1000, 358K)

Zero games.
BN if you're burnt out on the platforming.
Command Mission if you want more X/Zero/Axl

Zero 1 to 4 for the lore and great games then either Classic or ZX

Omega had arms that looked like fucking MMZ Zero and X. Why only bitch about the Russian Nesting Zero?

Zero Collection for PC fucking when
With proper widescreen support
Remixed soundtrack
All extras and e-reader bonuses
and moddable

I do kinda wanna buy the classic collection now but zero series and Battle network seem appealing as well.

This is a tough decision.

Attached: Nword.jpg (480x360, 17K)

if you do get the Zero games do keep in mind that unlike the X games they get noticeably better with each instalment, so even if Z1 doesn't win you over right away, Z2 s likely to change your mind

Attached: Rockman.Zero.full.1549156 (1).jpg (566x800, 132K)

What the FUCK was his problem?

Attached: Megaman7_wilycapsule.png (350x314, 121K)

He got shafted in robotics by a pedo

I had assumed you had already played the Classic series. If you do decide to go with it, just be aware that it can be a bit slower than the X series, especially 1. 2, 9, 10. They're still fun though, so you should still enjoy them.

Might as well ask here.
I started Gunvolt the other day and I dont know exactly how am I supposed to play it.
I mean, im not retarded, I run and shoot while activating my aoe electric attack and so far I've beaten 3 levels with literally 0 problem, its almost as if the game is on easy mode, am I missing something? Because it doesnt feel either as polished or as fun as the other Inti games of the same genre.

Attached: 7661_1697799853839129_1623931044075271437_n.jpg (800x581, 70K)

i played almost every megaman series on my N3DSXL under a comfy blanket last summer.
top comfy.

Attached: 202562J.jpg (2000x2000, 337K)

What haven't you played yet?

Attached: tumblr_phnj9bdv5x1ub7xv8o1_1280.jpg (1280x772, 404K)

Hot as it may be getting Mindhacked is why I'd stay full-human. Fuck that noise. Blurring the lines between reploid and human was a mistake.

this game is as hard as you want to make it for yourself.
ideally you would try to have your score not get reset to zero which is done by getting hit as littke as possible and skippintg checkpoints, while also trying to accomplish some missions.
the way i played it, if i couldn't get a hugh enough score to get the not hatsune miku to sing (needs 1000 pts i think) before reaching a boss, i didn't allow myself to continue and just restarted.

Attached: product_inti_gunvoltlive_poster_designview_1024x1024.jpg (1024x1024, 214K)

Starforce games. seemed like a less appealing BN.

>typos
i should proof read more

Damn can we just pretend Axel never happened? He's so lame and his design is so bad it sticks out like a sore thumb next to X and Zero

Attached: servbot-mega-man-legends-9.48.jpg (210x240, 11K)

Not if Capcom has anything to say about it.

Attached: D2lJwaXUYAAOH0P.jpg (746x1024, 173K)

more like smegma man

God that looks so shit.
X is so much sleaker and cleaner. guess they peaked early.

Attached: MegamanMHX.jpg (1137x1111, 192K)

God I really don't get how they fucked up. X and Zero's designs are timeless perfections. And then Axel comes along. X already has the gunman gimmick, why did we need Axel?

Thoughts on the original music and the remixes?

Attached: 1527100835334.png (716x710, 986K)

Attached: tenor (7).gif (360x360, 189K)

Attached: IMG_20180723_140534.jpg (1500x1306, 636K)

Never coming out.

also i should note that Gunvolt is ALOT better and has harder bosses and multiple challenging postgame modes and copen is overall alot more fun than GV

Attached: Copen.png (2000x2298, 1.41M)

patrician ranking coming through

X6>X3>X1>X4>X2>X5>X8>X7

Attached: megamanx6.jpg (342x334, 31K)

It would be could if they were skin on X9.

*gunvolt 2

I don't even bother checking the rest if X4 is not at least your second favourite.
dismissed.

Attached: images (16).jpg (225x225, 11K)

Id love that. Have zero from MMZ as the main character and have Megaman bosses as character unlocks/DLC characters.

I at least respect you for not having the exact same opinion as everyone else

I enjoyed X4 a lot. i might actually put it ahead of 1. But it was sooo damn easy.

>X3 that high
>X8 that low

Attached: 1547497903062.png (163x187, 35K)

X3 has arguably the best OST, and is actually challenging unlike 1 and 2. Also Sigma wasn't a complete pushover.

>X6>anything
You've got shit taste.

>Tiny ass head hitbox mean that sigma is hard.

Really?

Attached: 1548429793447.png (409x445, 231K)

X6 is the biggest pleb filter in the series. If x6 isn't in your top 3 you are a baby.

It's in my top 3
As Black Zero, of course

Attached: cc10e86c1ec6a39ccc7ad35deb91464a.jpg (736x613, 69K)

>not shadow armor

what, afraid of one little jump?

Attached: SHADOWARMOR.jpg (824x836, 216K)

No, its absolute dogshit. Might as well put X7 in your top 3 while your at it.

Here's an unpopular opinion.

The Biometals in ZXa look like absolute shit, with Model P being the only exception. Literally every single one of them looks better and more faithful to the guardian they come from when fused with Model X.

Sure, let's do it
X7 > X6 > X5 > X3 > X8 > X4 > X2 = X1
Let the triggering begin

>best music
>most challenging by far
>most varied X game and suited to multiple playthroughs

youtube.com/watch?v=R9vaemFanuY&t=335s
youtube.com/watch?v=ctA999T5HZM&t=174s
youtube.com/watch?v=hWWxFFjQHKQ&t=43s

no user, you are the dogshit.

>X6 in first
Come on man, try not making your bait that obvious next time.

It's not bait. I've played through X6 more than any other X game. I sunk a lot of time into Xtreme mode.

>needing anti-spike armor

Well isn't part of the point that they've been stolen from the Guardians and even somewhat corrupted as they're being used to further Albert's totally retard Game of Destiny similar to how they were being used by Serpent in ZX to make the Pseudoroids? They probably wouldn't look their best, at least that's some justification.

Attached: 44202535_p0.jpg (1000x708, 103K)

i hate that they all feel like "toned down" versions of their ZX counter parts, often reducing/removing features instead of adding anything.
like reducing the size of Hx's head wings or removing most of Lx's fins.
i like F and P though. F being the most faithful to his guardian and P just being the best design in the series.

Attached: 1554341205999.png (600x677, 66K)

man i just want these X and Zero sprites to be released at this rate, maybe with X's armors, so they can be hacked into the original SNES games

I feel like they should have been reversed, almost. Shouldn't the "pure" versions of the biometal look MORE like the guardians they come from?

Acceptable.

Gunvolt's a weird game because you either stick to the vanilla weapon and setup and play keepaway while avoiding shit so you fry everything to death, or vary it up to be even more overpowered or restrict yourself so suddenly the game becomes obnoxiously hard. The design structure really emphasizes score attacks more than traditional Mega Man-style play. Copen in the sequel and upcoming prequel may be more your style.

>best music
Nah, the music is good, but its not the best.
>most challenging by far
No, X8 is the hardest game, followed by X3. X6's only challenging aspects are its terribly designed stages and two of its bosses, those two being Mother Nightmare, and Infinity Mijinion, every other boss is piss easy, weakness or not, and it has the easiest Sigma in the series.
>most varied X game and suited to multiple playthroughs
Its the most varied and that's one of its worst qualities. All the variety in the game from the nightmare bullshit makes the game much worse than it already would have been in the first place. You literally have to fucking cheat to make the game enjoyable in any regard, fucking everyone I've ever seen play through the game for "fun" is using Black Zero because of the glitch that makes him invincible for entire stages.

I'm glad that for the trophies in the Legacy Collection they didn't even bother making the player 100% X6, even Capcom knows what a fucking travesty the game is, and the fact that X7 requires a 100% playthrough for one of it's trophies really says something.

ZX1 was based. I do wish they had done one for Copy X / Ultimate Armor though. Omega compensates for this at least

X6 Tweaks makes things a bit less stupidly unbalanced, but mostly by making the player OP and/or crippling things like the Nightmare Snake mini-boss. You'd still need people to crack the entire level format wide open and have competent folks redesign the whole stage structure of the game from the ground-up to really and truly "fix it", though.

don't know about theit pure part but F/Fx are the only transformations that makes sense, Model A straight up copies them so it makes sense that it would resemble fefnir alot more than with Model X that has to bridge merge Fefnirs design with X's.
the rest don't make much sense, especially P, but he looks neat.

>tfw no ZX0 where you play as Model Z

Counter-proposal: The Guardians were made out of X's DNA, but ultimately, they represent an element each. When they were turned to biometal, merely their powers got properly preserved, so the X crossed models should look closer to the guardians because it brings out the X DNA in them, while the pure models should be closer representative of their elemental powers.
>Model P doesn't have an element you nigger
He's the element of surprise you faggot
>All of this is just shitty handwaving
In a series where both robots and humans have avoided death by becoming magical girl acessories, I fail to see the problem with adding more shitty handwaving on top of all the canonical one.

Attached: 1553100352484.png (1192x667, 777K)

Post based Romhacks
youtu.be/DGIjEkmMBzM
youtu.be/S5PihKr7Rwc
gotchu senpai
youtu.be/IdveWWCSWgs

Attached: megaman_zero__x_and_zero_by_kailali-d8kftkc.jpg (972x822, 116K)

They should have done the gimmick from Z4 where he punches enemies to steal their weapons and use them to tackle obstacles/other enemies. Essential Robo Kirby to the max.

romhacking.net/hacks/4390/

Attached: mmx airdash hack.webm (683x383, 766K)

That X mod got updated btw, you can do hadoukens now.
youtu.be/Ig2jK0m8MyE

So how come the Z-Saber was curved in X2-X5 then became a straight blade in X6? How come only one was seen afterwards when both X and Zero had one in X6?

Attached: 56ef8e8071e77265161d36055aedd387.jpg (736x1016, 89K)

My favorites for Z3 are the Omega Hack (love the additional moves) and the X1 Zero Hack (amazing sprites).

I wish someone would truly fix the game, but yeah the fact that its levels would have to basically all be remade from the ground up really makes it too much effort to be fixed.
I will never not be pissed off at all of the good ideas that were wasted with X6, just about everything they had was a good idea that was just terribly executed.
>Parts can now be found in stages by saving reploids, along with extra life ups and shit
Oh that sounds awesome, but too bad they can fucking die super easily from dickish nightmare placement and you'll lose that upgrade forever.
>Make stages affected by beating other mavericks like back in X1
Wow that's really cool, too bad they're tied to a nightmare system that makes zero fucking sense and makes everything seem totally random for what effect will come into play regardless and red stages seemingly do literally nothing.
>Make a stage that is total RNG for what layout you get
Would have been a really cool novelty stage, if the fucking upgrades weren't also locked by that RNG, making it so that you might just have to visit the stage upwards of 5 times in order to grab the armor, potentially making it a bigger chore than Duff McWhalen.
>Make every stage have alternate routes
Fucking awesome, but oh wait, you can't exit the stage even if its cleared once you're in the alternate route, and you'll be pit against an endgame boss who is literally invincible if you don't have the right special weapons. Forcing you to slowly kill yourself 10 times, because you're guaranteed to be maxed out on lives from saving reploids.

God it all makes me SO FUCKING MAD!!! WHY COULDN'T MAVERICK HUNTER X GET MORE THAN ONE GAME? THEY COULD HAVE FIXED X6! AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: guts rage.jpg (500x372, 77K)

Megaman 8 is underrated as, fuck and is my favourite of the classic games
youtu.be/Ev1RsHQcrcI
youtu.be/M4tsUq9_oLQ
youtu.be/aFac87GI7II

Attached: 1664fb34ddc5d83aa9f9d2e4356eb9a8.gif (320x240, 504K)

On top of what you said, the nightmare effects on stages themselves mostly (if not entirely) amount to "the stage is same except there's a really fucking annoying thing making everything more tediously difficult".

people act like Capcom only started shitting the bed when they took Inafune's westernization ideas into consideration, but really, Mega Man X6 and X7 are perfect examples of the rot being there ahead of time. I'm amazed that Breath of Fire IV turned out as well as it did since it got rushed in exactly the same way frame as X6 a year prior. and don't forget the infamy that is Mega Man Battle Network 4, where WE ARE THE MASTERS OF SCIENCE and the game's filled with bugs that can lock you out of items, fuck up progression, and basically brick your cartridge

oh hell yea megaman 8 was my favorite

I always hear that Conman was the reason Inticreates was able to cooperate with Capcom.
Inticreates was founded by ex-Capcom employees, and the Japanese corporate world generally does not look fondly upon such treachery.

>that intro
wish more games had anime intro again

Attached: Ckzdp8d.gif (280x210, 17K)

I still can't believe we didn't get one final scene of MAJORLY buttblasted Weil screaming about how Zero ruined everything
And Zero subsequently telling him to get fucked

>its almost as if the game is on easy mode, am I missing something?
Yeah, it's easy if you're just playing through it. That's exactly what was intended.
The challenge is in going for high scores. Try S+ ranking stages and you'll see.
P.S. Make sure to look for gems in stages. In the end you'll need all of them, no spoilers.

The only time Weil lost his cool was in underestimating Zero's heart and willingness to destroy his old body. Zero did basically shove the man's rhetoric right back at him while declaring him an enemy rather than a human, but Weil was too batshit insane at that point to ever show himself as being distraught. For all he knew, Zero was doomed either way and he was only two minutes away from complete victory.

So which Tenguman stage theme do you prefer?
PSX: youtube.com/watch?v=vewQeMzPgE8
Saturn: youtube.com/watch?v=uDE3ij7Nzvg

and that's why ZX3 never.

I mean he does say something when you defeat him, then explodes.

Saturn 100%.

Attached: 1517455012.redustheriotact_753bf7cf-5d6b-4dad-8429-2340cedb1e22.jpg (938x1280, 145K)

I never heard of this. This is neat.

I'm honestly shocked we don't have many X1-X3 hacks out there. Feels like we should have X4 Zero in one of the SNES games by now.

It's clearly stated that Omega uses Zero's original body while the latter was placed in a new one during the Elf Wars. What confusion could you have? In terms of shape and structure they look completely different.

Attached: 1267325985594.jpg (655x745, 148K)

There's the X3 Zero Project where you can play as Zero for the entire game and use the weapons and stuff, but once the whole thing was basically complete, the creator was going to try to make him play more like the PSX games and then kind of went silent on it. Odds are he didn't have the sprites or experience to go full in-depth on that.

youtu.be/jCD3OPaJZjw

rave.dj/vRWLTnel3tDovg
rave.dj/5tcDLogvkQpDFQ

PS1 version, easily.
Saturn version is weird, and doesn't sound good to me, it sounds like a weird remix of the intro stage, actually now that I think about it, it sounds like something SiIvaGunner would upload as a "beta-mix" for the intro stage.

What if Zero, Mega Man Zero and Vent/Aile?

People that haven't seen the MMX design would wonder why the hell do they look different if the one you are playing as is a copy.

Zero's total interactions with Weil
>Killing his own body without question
>Saying "I never called myself a hero"
How the fuck can one character be this much of an unironic well writting badass?

>MHX6 with all of its issues fixed never ever

IT'S NOT FAIR BROS

>JUMP JUMP
gives me PTSD.

Zero's writing in MMZ more than makes up for how shitty his character is in the X games.

Axl's the obligatory Bass of X's timeline. He came sometime after X and he's from a new line of reploids like how Bass was built to be superior to Mega Man, instead of a rapid fire buster he gets dual rapid firing pistols. I have no issue with him being in the stories from now on, problem lies more it feels he came too late. By the time Axl was introduced Mega Man's overall popularity was already waning and being in X7 didn't help matters. So now we have a new character that's supposed to be on the same level as two already established characters on top of having mystery around him, and he ends up feeling tacked on because he's been in three games and his origin still hasn't fully explored yet supposedly he's important.

I thought he wanted to hack other games first. There are a lot of sprites for SNES-style Z-Saber Zero.

Maybe, I dunno for sure. Just another reason why I wish the Corrupted sprites of SNES X and Zero with their X4-5 style animations would release though.

Couldn't that just be hand waved by saying Zero's new body was built different from the original? It has been a hundred years after all and with the whole 'New Reploid' sub plot X7 introduced they could've bullshit some plausible excuse as to why their bodies looked different.

Attached: 1539936460126.jpg (626x880, 615K)

Yeah those look amazing. It's really unfortunate they are locked behind a game that will never release

Zero had to be recognizable as Zero in universe.

>realize that canonically X could only turn his right arm into the X-Buster
>Sigma didn't just get caught off-guard in the MHX OVA because of a freaking SHINING FINGER, X turned his left arm into a sudden weapon all of its own when he needed it to after his right arm had already been removed
>Vile's "NOT A CHARGE SHOT" was originally him freaking out at X pulling out a reserve Buster out of fucking nowhere to blow him away

Attached: 1494702899410.jpg (1698x1643, 1.37M)

But that's wrong. Both Rock and X have busters in both arms, and always have.

I don't think there's many people out there who are red and brandish a green saber. They could have pulled it off.

First time I hear about this. Seen plausible.
Did we get to see the shining finger again in the games? That would be cool.

You'd think having two busters would come up more often. I think it only really showed up in X2 or X3, whichever had those combo shots, and Smash Bros.

We never got to see the Shining Finger again because MHX and its OVA came pretty late in the franchise's life.

That would make the story more convoluted that need.
>"Zero, this your original body. You look different because of reasons I wont explain"

In MHX at the very least, Day of Sigma and pieces of artwork besides the title screen all emphasize his right arm as his buster arm, which is why it's a big deal when Sigma forces him to disarm. The big exception is that aforementioned title screen artwork - which gets flipped properly when you beat the game anyway and get Vile Mode. Maybe in the rest of the continuity the two busters thing is real, but the X series only emphasizes it when the early Armors take advantage of it, and MHX temporarily canonized the idea of only having one main buster - and potentially evolving a new second one anyway.

Hell, his diagnostics in X1's opening also emphasize he only had one buster, the characters just flip arms for gameplay purposes.

>what are the double charge shots in the second and third armor
>basically every weapon in X8

Attached: SqueezeBomb.png (200x200, 52K)

The could have add it a as move in Marvel vs. Capcom.

Mega Man had the excuse of not being initially designed for combat so using both busters at the same time would tear him apart.
I don't know what X's excuse it. He IS designed for combat.
But they do have busters in both arms as a lazy way to explain sprite mirroring in the games.

also in hindsight this would make X's double shot in X1 make more sense - he's probably harnessing both his X Buster and Zero's Z Buster at the same time rather than just putting the Z Buster parts in and double-arming two consecutive shots

"You look different because you're a fake. Take it or leave it. It's not like everything else has proper explanations"

X: "your saber is the real deal tho, I gave it to you"
"Wait what saber is Omega using then?"
X: "if capcom didn't explain, why would I, a shitpost on Yea Forums, do it?"

Why do you need to go into detail? The fact that he wasn't in his original body should say everything.
If anything we need an explanation as to why Omega didn't look like classic Zero.

A simple cop-out is just "They don't want to use both busters at the same time, that's overkill."
It would at the very least be in-character.

This is your Sigma for tonight.

Attached: D2_-C1jWwAAN4PW.jpg (1000x1586, 181K)

Go home Katoki

>why Omega didn't look like classic Zero.
I think it just got chalked up to just being a product of the game's art style, he should actually look like classic Zero
Interestingly enough, Zero and Omega actually have slightly different buster sprites, Omega fires his handgun angled sideways, which I always took as their way of acknowledging that Omega should have a real buster as opposed to Zero's handgun

Attached: 5607fe6388da568e68537287aa56f299.jpg (736x1041, 92K)

They're supposed to look the same. As far as canon is concerned Zero's design never changes; it's simply the art style of the games.

That's why it'd be weird to have Omega look like X-series Zero.

Officially it really does come down to art style and laziness, yes.

Call it whatever you want but it was pretty effective, in my opinion. I still get chills with Omega appearing for the final battle.

>its almost as if the game is on easy mode
If you're playing on 3DS you kinda are in easy mode, the other versions have hard mode and that shit is actually hard.

Attached: 1504816257582.jpg (700x864, 121K)

>It took MegaMan, protoman self destruct, and bass to slap zero into a comma.

>MegaMan barely survived
>Bass got ripped apart
Jesus Christ

Reminds me of a fanfic I read a few years ago. Good thing is the cataclysm is noncanon because it's just too damn edgy.

Attached: 36e5820fd06dd3eef7c732475db9b128.jpg (736x1132, 165K)

Attached: 69a8ffea26189fc5f295605e2db53aa3.jpg (735x1131, 166K)

>cyber-elf Light
I thought only reploids could become cyber-elves. Then again, if he could survive as a computer program inside of his capsules, being a cyber-elf wouldn't be that far of a stretch.

Attached: 73447696_p20.jpg (893x961, 260K)

youtube.com/watch?v=NDq0_IRTWoY

Attached: 249407749e328f132120ff57ab4e51d0.jpg (735x1043, 123K)

While I prefer the one actually used in X5, it would have been neat to have this play during the fight against Nightmare Zero, just to emphasize that it isn't the real Zero.

There already was one on the DS.

Is he right for thinking this? Would it all be worth it in the end?

Attached: RCO021_1468861609.jpg (359x1006, 87K)

His intentions wiped out humanity eventually. Sure he didn't directly cause any of it and sure the world would reach that point eventually anyways, but fact stands that he kickstarted it all off and his worries are not unfounded.

Things might've gone differently if a botanist didn't try to reverse-engineer his last creation

Legends became a thing, so probably.

What are you talking about?

THE GREATEST VILLAIN IN ALL OF HISTORY

Can you really blame him for events that occurred long after his death?

Without Sigma around to stop Zero when he wake up, thing would have been a lot worse.

He ignored the laws of robotics when he was still alive.

it could be argued Wily would have never felt the need to make Zero if Light had never pursued robotics

Humanity would have always invented the gun, but the person who made the first one will always take the blame, no matter who it is

>tfw we'll never get a Zero anime
youtube.com/watch?v=24XFIUe1qSU
it would work so well bros

Attached: 04.jpg (816x506, 377K)

The laws of robotics are flimsy at best, and the very stories that created them outright deconstructed why they're ineffective. Even thought what Dr. Light made was a huge risk, that's why he went through the extensive morality testing. And in the end, X never did stray from the path of what Light believed in.

But then no one could've seen Wily creating his own countermeasures and Dr. Cain fucking everything up for everyone.

Allowing robots to think for themselves and giving them human rights has not worked out in any single piece of fiction either.

The laws are still in place in all of his robots though. It's only through reprogramming that everything falls apart, at least in the Classic series. Even in 7, at his lowest point, Rock is still bound by the first law, no matter how much he wishes he wasn't.

Attached: RCO021_1468816761.jpg (1039x1208, 415K)

>The laws are still in place in all of his robots though.
Not X.

To be fair Light didn't even live to see X be awakened nor consider him getting human rights, just the idea of X being equal in capability to humans. We have no idea if he would've even advocated for Reploid rights, given that all he ever talks about in his Capsules are about regretting that X had to fight.

SeeBesides, your point was that he disregarded the laws during his lifetime, not after he had died.

He gave X free will and put him in that morality testing stasis while he was alive. X was unearthed after he died.

They're pretty good, though I only recommend playing the first one (any version, doesn't matter) and the third one (Black Ace is "easier" with better transformations, but Red Joker is fun all around--choose Black Ace if you prefer swords out the ass offense.)

The second game is entirely optional and only if you like 1 and 3. The only takeaway from 2 that affects 3 is the new rival edgelord character.

>character action game

That would seem to be against what nearly every single portrayal of Light has painted him as: a man dedicated to the goal of seeing humans and robots living in harmony and peace with one another. He didn't want a slave race, but a race of equal companions who would choose to side with humanity.

Attached: Dr. Lights Research Journal-page-001 (2).jpg (1239x418, 154K)

>Wants robots to have free will and coexist with humans
>Makes X strong enough to single-handedly exterminate the human race
Did he not see the problem with this?

Attached: bac52eb2e0f9732071b8073fd87b9d10.jpg (800x575, 108K)

Attached: Dr. Lights Research Journal-page-052 (2).jpg (1239x1027, 363K)

one can reason that after potentially decades of dealing with Wily's bullshit, Light figured that X would need to be armed and capable of fighting for justice given all that prep work into implausible amounts of pre-built armor capsules lying around the world. hence, again, the morality testing to make sure X wouldn't wake up ready for a violent streak. if anything Light was correct in guessing shit would hit the fan.

though you really have to consider the logistics of making upwards to a dozen armors with mass destruction potential and a fucking ninja armor and just stowing them randomly across Earth for X to find when he couldn't even personally test how X could work with them

I think you are overestimating X power. He probably can be stopped.

>Pharaohman stuttering because he's canonically afraid of beautiful women
It's the little things that make me miss this comic.

Shit only hit the fan because of X's creation. No X, no reploids, no maverick wars, no eurasia, no weil, no elf wars, no ragnarok. The network timeline is so much safer by comparison

Did Zero came back or he's still a tamagotchi?

>The network timeline is so much safer by comparison
until underground criminals making dark chips resulted in a fucking alien meteor trying to play judgement and decide to destroy all of Earth

Yeah but that's not centuries of warfare that destroy the planet a few times over.
School children routinely take care of the Net timeline's issues

At least Lan and Geo succeeded instead of winning pyrrhic victories like everyone in the robotic timeline.

Unrelated, but could EXE defeat the Sigma/maverick virus?

Attached: 1521283784915.png (160x160, 9K)

Saturn. In fact, Saturn version for the whole OST.

Aqua Man is incredibly comfy, whereas it's just bland on PS1.

>The network timeline is so much safer by comparison
Not really. It seemed like everyone and their mother could hack into computers and cause havok in that timeline. Shit, a fucking computer program that hated humans managed to get a bunch of washing machines that built bombs shipped out to fucking everywhere.

Sigma would be nothing to Hub. He's taken down worse.

>School children routinely take care of the Net timeline's issues
Yeah, and some of those children grow up to become people who can take over an entire weather control system and cause worldwide catastrophe in the blink of an eye, just because he was too warm in the city a netbattling tournament was taking place in.

I imagine so
It's kind of like saying that a cell of some sort that was explicitly designed to destroy viruses could do it though. I might be going off topic, but if reploids existed in the networld they'd be a nightmare and ruin the actual infrastructure of the net and no one could do anything, just like reploids couldn't do anything over some measly century old computer virus I'm sure the navis would have zero issue with

Doesn't the Maverick Virus just kind of make reploids go galaxy brain? It would basically turn Navis into weaker versions of Bass.EXE

And he's basically had almost 10 games of beating up navis (and Bass.EXE repeatedly) as it is, including Cybernetic Demons--and a literal vampire, if you count that.

Sigma ain't shit.

The maverick virus is an EM being derived from FMians, so at the very least EXE would have to go Hub mode judging by his battle against the FMian Nebula Grey. EM beings are a world beyond plain old net navis.

Those problems are solved as easily as they are created though. When there's a problem in X, expect a good portion of humans and reploids to be wiped out. X4 fucking starts off with Sky Lagoon falling onto a city and killing everyone there. You're delusional if you'd rather live in that timeline.

The only aliens in the robot timeline are Duo, the Evil Robot he fought, Shadowman, Ra Moon, and the Stardroids. I don't think the FMians exist in this universe.

Attached: 8af.jpg (897x1200, 109K)

>X4 - A whole city is wiped out.
>X5 - No matter what story is "canon", the earth suffers a near extinction event from the colony crashing.

>Elf Wars: "90% of Reploids and 70% of humanity is just wiped out."

And the only way the population rebounds is for robots and humans to basically gradually merge with one another. And now we have Carbons.

Attached: eyes4.jpg (444x502, 37K)

Oh yeah, rest in peace.

battle network collection for switch fucking when capcom

I want to never leave my switch

pls

Attached: 1551332501548.png (360x455, 169K)

Honestly, it all depends on what exactly happens in the thousands of years that take place between ZX and Legends. We know Thomas wants to reset the world, but we don't know what that really entails. We do know that humans/reploids eventually found a way to become immortal and set up Elysium as they the planet behind. We also know that the legend of "Megaman" continues to persist even after millennia, so we can infer that there were times when a Megaman would appear to quell whatever evil had appeared. It could be a great time or an awful time depending on what sort of calamities arose in that time.

Attached: Gibril.png (224x650, 167K)

>character action game
Stop that shit already.
But yeah, might be cool. I thought Command mission was exactly that. Now I'm watching a trailer or something

Attached: 35794218_p12.png (553x756, 470K)

So who’s objectively the better final creation of Dr. Light and Wily between X and Zero?

Attached: 34FE236C-7ED3-42FC-9410-4953BF5BDD43.gif (220x220, 276K)

X actually functioned as planned so him.

X functioned as planned.
Zero failed to execute his main objective, but saved the world and outlived X (because X got ganked by bitch-ass Elpis)

Zero wins out, but it was close.

Neither of them, and I think thats the point.

Attached: 1426243524536.jpg (285x285, 26K)

project RCL wen

But did he really outlive X? I mean, Zero spent a very long period of time inactive in stasis while X was still out fighting and later ruling.
Just because X ended up dying first doesn't necessarily mean Zero outlived him.

>a lot of fans complain about Zero stealing the spotlight too hard in the X series (nevermind the Axl pit)
>Inticreates makes Zero's own sub-series so good that it basically made up for it altogether

Attached: inafune on zero.jpg (522x1143, 427K)

gibril a cute

No it didn't. X is still undeveloped.

How did he take to becoming punctuation?

Where are you getting this from?

Agree with you, I've never heard this before though so it's pretty cool

Attached: a3ebf647-c8bf-445f-92e6-4c3a3b12e4b6.jpg (1248x1920, 842K)

>mfw we will never know what all that secret ending bullshit at the end of advent was about

Attached: 1553943856431.png (254x255, 84K)

Only if it has Souls combat.

Attached: Dz9_0YIUUAAf86h.jpg (804x1200, 381K)

Where can I read the complete comic series I've always wanted to and when I had more to spare I once wanted to buy the entire thing but couldn't find a good enough outlet.
Bless me please.

I got you man. You'll probably have to find the crossover issues on your own though. They're not too important if I remember correctly, but they got some neat stuff in them.
comichere.net/comic/mega-man-2011/
If you were talking the Ariga manga, I'm still looking myself. Sorry.

Attached: 60499130_p3.jpg (732x1024, 169K)

Found the first of the crossover compilations. There is some overlap in the issues, but everything should be there.
comichere.net/comic/sonic-mega-man-worlds-collide

God, I just can't look at these and not be reminded of Chris Chan's own cover.

Attached: band.jpg (606x600, 89K)

Thank you so much user I've been looking for this for 3 years now.

Attached: sigvirzero.jpg (850x1133, 289K)