Choose 4 characters for Smash and why? (Won't include existing Assist Trophies)

Choose 4 characters for Smash and why? (Won't include existing Assist Trophies)

Attached: smash dlc.jpg (4000x3500, 3.48M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dQeKAeu7_GA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: Cursed.png (556x609, 188K)

> Arle Nadja
> Agnes Oblige
> Sora
> Jill Valentine
Because these are the only ones who will be in

Paper Mario
Waluigi
Bandana Dee
Porky

heavy
sora
amaterasu
monster hunter

cause they're all fuckin based

>heavy: He's the face of TF2
>Bandana dee: The right hand man of dedede, add him in and the Popstar squad would be complete
>Monster hunter: Vast amount of weapondry/armor sets, move set could be amazingly done
>scoprion: The "face" of mortal kombat, the sole reason that the ERSB rating was made. One of the first fighting games (Note: not THE first)

Attached: 9xoD.gif (500x376, 239K)

Agumon, because my inner child craves for that Digimon x Pokemon rivalry and 'cuz Digievolution would be a fun concept for Nintendo to tackle on, hopefully without going the easy route of making it a Final Smash

Maxwell because his moveset potential is pretty much infinite

Marina because she would be a great grappler character and I just want to know people didn't forgot about her goddamnit

Fourth slot probably either Crash or Banjo just for the novelty factor

>Erdrick
>Banjo
>Quote
>Amaterasu

A reminder that these are the only good picks:
Cuphead, Heavy, Steve, Crash, Doomslayer, Scorpion, Erdick, Arthur, Porky, Eggman, Maxwell, Duke Nukem, Earthworm Jim, and Sans

Attached: steveinvite.png (1152x648, 575K)

>King Hippo
>Nobody ever thinks of Glass Joe.

Think about it a weaker Little Mac clone who has better recovery but his attacks always damage him and his KO punch charges faster. Specials could be different too. Viva la france

Attached: glassjoe060413.jpg (310x413, 20K)

>the sole reason that the ERSB rating was made
idiot who doesn't know his history

Attached: night_trap_header_1-770x470.jpg (770x470, 111K)

okay but

Attached: Von.jpg (721x900, 51K)

Phoenix Wright
Dante
Monokuma
Heavy

It's missing monster hunter

Attached: Woke Hunter.png (449x311, 354K)

>Ganon
>Kamek
>Porky
>Cranky
I like them.

Tifa, 2B, Chun Li and Pig Ganon. 3 are iconic characters and 1 is extremely popular at the moment.

In fact I'm 100% certain 2B is in the Fighters Pass.

Look next to Fawful

Lara, Jill, Spyro and Ryu Hayabusa. I imagine Lara would feel like Snake, but not be a campy bitch. She’s my #1 pick.

>Bub
>Lip
>Sora
>slippy

Attached: bubsmash.png (700x3000, 305K)

>sans
>better pick than rayman

btw, get outta here with your cancerous steveposting

Most of these games are irrelevant garbage that nobody cares about, Pic related are the only iconic games

Attached: Easy Allies Hall of Fame.jpg (1920x1080, 481K)

monhun
toobee
wonder red
banjo

>crash
>eggman
>banjo
>rayman

Are you sure you're in the right thread?

>Wanting french or german
>When the best option is obvious

Attached: somethingburgers.jpg (1280x720, 91K)

Cranky Kong
Dixie Kong
Chibi Robo
Banjo
Heavy

EZ

Attached: CrankyandPauline.jpg (1200x807, 123K)

So I'm guessing you'd go for
Darunia, Crono, Leon and Paper Mario

Crash
Steve
Louie
Hatty hattington

> Bomberman
> Phoenix Wright
> Doomguy
> Heavy
I like all these characters, and I think they all would have unique playstyles

>Quote
Because he's my most wanted never ever character.
>Amaterasu
Because she's my most wanted not-completely-impossible character, has a lot of unique moveset options, and isn't similar to any existing fighter. Okami is also a great game.
>Dr. Eggman
Because he's fun and iconic, and a projectile-based superheavy character seems like interesting design space to play in.
>Rayman/Phoenix Wright/Chosen Undead/Spyro/Monster Hunter/
Pick any one of these at random, I like all of them about equally.

>Travis
Personal bias, also Suda has pretty much earned it at this point.
>Wright
Come on, that’d be fucking rad.
>Geno
I really don’t care all that much for him, but a lot of people do.
>Porky
oink oink bitches

>Black Shadow
despite being from a dead franchise, it's still pretty criminal that there hasn't been one new character for it. Star Fox got two more characters so why not F-Zero? Plus it would be interesting to see them bullshit a moveset for him like they did with Falcon.
>Saki
S&E should have got a rep like Punch Out did. Both games had a Wii title.
>Jill
Resident Evil is pretty significant, especially considering how impactful RE4 was. Jill is a better rep for the franchise as a whole though.
>Chief/Doom Guy
An FPS character would be an interesting addition considering both have a access to a cool arsenal of weapons. Plus if Chief got in the shitposting would be unreal.

Honorable Mentions
>Maxwell, Klonoa, Monster Hunter, Captain Rainbow, Wonder Red, Vaati, Travis, Rayman, Ryu Hayabusa, Amaterasu, Chibi Robo, Quote, Heihachi, Mach Rider, Porky, M. Bison, Darunia, Klonoa, Jack Cayman, Kazuma, Scorpion, and Dick Kickem

Attached: 1526245973563.png (493x448, 97K)

Cuphead
Shantae
Geno
Porky

Steve came close but i gotta do genofags justice

>Crash
Gaming Icon and most wanted.
>Paper Mario
Would have a cool move set.
>Any Indie Rep
They're all unique in there own way.
>Master Chief
Gaming Icon and just to see the internet break.

>Shovel Knight
If he wasn't an AT he would've been in the indie rep spot.

>Amaterasu: They've been deserving of a spot ever since their game's released
>Steve: Minecraft is one of the most, if not the greatest games in this entire decade
>Dr Eggman: Iconic villain, tons of moveset potential
>Monokuma: Would be a fun character and he's fucking based

Attached: cody.jpg (180x180, 16K)

>Doomguy
>Reimu
>Banjo Kazooie
>Dr. Eggman
because fuck you

Thanks based bro

Monster Hunter, Chibi-robo, Banjo, and Steve

>Pig Ganon: takes Ganondorf's moveset and stats and everything, old ganon design becomes a range based character with the same basic idea as Ganondorf, AKA slow and kills at 30%
>Doomguy
>Monster Hunter
>Mr Sandman (Punchout)

>takes Ganondorf's moveset and stats and everything
So you'd have a giant pig demon with Captain Falcon's moveset?

Master Chief-Halo
The Overlord-Overloard
Atlas and P-body-Portal shadow fighter style
Series EV-Dungeon Defenders

Ganondorf is already pretty differentiated at this point, all of the attacks that would only make sense for somebody like captain falcon are gone and replaced by something else. Also I'm imagining this version of Ganon, not the fatass nes ganon or something

Attached: Pig ganon.png (604x755, 656K)

>overloard
fuq

I mean, that design for him is pretty much a more detailed version of the fatass nes ganon design, and anyway I think if you were going to add Ganon I think an original moveset based around dark magic and trident fighting would be interesting.

>Agumon
Grew up with Digimon and Pokémon, enjoyed both series, still do but not as much as I used to. Agumon could make for an interesting newcomer, possibly bring Digivolution through Greymon and MetalGreymon. A good thing about these two forms is that they share similar proportions so it could make for much easier dev time while still having uniqueness in each of their kits and properties.
>Metal Sonic
I’ve always found him the better doppelgänger over Shadow, plus he could also be an easy echo. If we’re talking unique I’d rather hand that to Dr. Eggman.
>Frogger
Classic video game character, and I think it’d be pretty cool to see how the Smash team would realize him in this setting.
>Dixie Kong
Honestly can’t get used to Diddy’s playstyle but like the moveset. Maybe as an echo or semi-clone with altered properties I’d actually be able to enjoy the toolkit.

This invitation? You can’t AFFORD this invitation

Attached: D4EB05BA-4073-4F62-A516-411318A02EA2.jpg (1242x1080, 771K)

>Dixie
One of the only "mandatory" characters from a mainline game left. She's an integral part of DKC, starring in 3 of the 5 games.
>Kamek
There's always one Mario rep added in every installment and Kamek, while not actually a singular character in JP translations, continues to be one of the most recurring and major mooks of Mario kickstarting too many of the events in games to list
>Doomguy
Smash at this point has become more of a series showcasing the best the medium of vidya has to offer with many classic and integral that has shaped the medium as a whole. DOOM in that sense is absolutely mandatory as it practically kickstarted the FPS genre and greater shift to PC gaming.
>Adeline
I'll be honest, not my preferred pick but I believe Kiry should have one more rep.

> Mandatory characters
Who else do you think is missing? Go on.

I mostly agree, but I think Kamek would work better as a Yoshi rep.

>Tetra
>Banjo
>Paper Mario
>Pheonix Wright

I feel like a mage Ganondorf moveset based off of OoT Ganondorf would be more interesting. Melee attacks with some dark magic stuff is basically what Ganondorf already has. If they went off of OoT Ganondorf you could have him floating around, using his cape for reflect, I'm basically imagining this version of a decloned Ganon from Project M
youtu.be/dQeKAeu7_GA

Honestly on the top of my head, I can't think of one right now. I'm sure there's another character from another series I'm just not thinking right now or maybe even an mildy obscure series that is largely beloved that should be in.

I'm not sure if third parties should ever be considered "mandatory" but like I argued about influential games to the medium I think Doomguy deserves to be added as well as Scorpion.

Why are Capcom so good at making memorable characters?

>won’t include existing assist trophies
Might as well remove every character that has a spirit too then

They make good games.
Usually. When they aren't milking them to death.

Based

>Louie
Second pikmin rep, could be semi or fully unique
>Duke Nukem
Based and badass
>Chorus Kids
RH Rep
>Wonder Red
Wanted him before E3

2 characters I’m surprised aren’t on this list are Lloyd Irving and/or Yuri Lowell. And I’m not even a “Tales of” fan.

Shit didn't realize we were explaining ourselves
>Master Chief-Halo
He'd fit in surprisingly well. Spartans are fast and agile and honestly better with hand to hand then they are with guns, the music accompaniment would match well with Smash's and assist trophies like Guilty Spark/Arbiter would be lit.
>The Overlord-Overlord
This bad boy fit's the smash theme pretty well, a character with some serious themes but in a cartoon world assisted by cartoon minions. His minions could make for some neat Pikman-esque moves but possibly with the ability of posting minions to one spot. Also he's been on Nintendo consoles.
>Atlas and P-body-Portal shadow fighter style
Not much reasoning here but portal is a renowned game and these two are generic enough to fit in better than Chell, who I think would be too fragile and has never displayed an measure of strength, where as robots are made of metal so... excuses.
>Series EV-Dungeon Defenders
Similar to Overlord DD has a pretty serious tone with a very cartoonish style, EV has a simple design and could be easily implemented with a move set similar to Samus. With the upcoming DDA release on switch It'd make for a solid choice for characters that are new to Nintendo gamers.

Fawful because he's my favorite out of everyone in that image

Agumon so that I can beat the shit out of Pikachu with it

Maxwell because a character that can summon practically anything would be the worst and best thing ever

I actually can't decide on a fourth one

Geno
Banjo
Fawful
Crash

Cause I want them ya pinhead

Attached: 1550050451833.jpg (800x800, 149K)

It’s all so tiresome. Can I just cancel the dlc?

Who you calling pinhead?

kid goku up-b nimbus side-b power pole down-b afterimage counter neutra-b kamehameha charge and final smash great ape

ur mum becuz I smashed

Jill Valentine / Leon (Resident Evil)
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
Nightmare (Soul Caliber)

Kamek
Bub/ Bubble bobble
Dixie Kong
Adeleine

Geno
Travis Touchdown
Kat
and I dunno maybe Sans for the memes and salt

Attached: 1554046061615.jpg (1024x576, 112K)

Capcom
Square
Tecmo
Namco

Based.

Banjo
Geno
Marina

It's fucking PERFECT

based

SUPER MACHO MAN (instead of king hippo)
Doomguy
Eggman
Earthworm Jim

Attached: 1554334742209.png (805x462, 111K)

Attached: MV5BMTI4ODA1NTM5M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzEyMjE0MQ@@._V1_UY268_CR6,0,182,268_AL_-1.jpg (182x268, 13K)

Amaterasu
Reimu
Doomguy
Crash

>Super Macho Man
>Mr. Sandman
>Glass Joe
>King Hippo
>Doc Louis
Perfect DLC

thank you for making my night user

instant fucking buy

>Want
BWD
Cuphead
Scorpion
Viewtiful Joe

>Expect
Banjo
Erdrick
Scorpion
Crash

Source?

Shantae
Klonoa
Arle
Master Chief

It's the most based picks.

Attached: 1509224910733.gif (480x270, 1.13M)

The only two users with good taste in this entire thread.

Attached: culture.jpg (1024x576, 51K)

Monster Hunter
Travis Touchdown
Scorpion/Subzero
Layton and/or Wright

Amaterasu and Dante would be real nice too. Fuck it, bring all of capcom

Arthur would be fucking amazing and hilarious
Dr. Robotnik I think could be a very unique character
Ryu Hayabusa is another NES classic that deserves to be in
Throw in 2B because there needs to be someone from a good modern game and she's already in SC6

> Japan loves Dragon Quest so much the Goverment gave the Creator a Blue Ribbon of Honor, something that has only been awarded 25 times in the last 90 years
> Not even the creator of Nintendo has recieved this award
> Dragon Quest is the only Franchise aside from Hatsune Miku that the Government has given such an honor
Why exactly do people think Erdrick in Smash isn't going to happen?

Banjo, NiGHTS, Geno and Crono. Why? Cuz I fuckin want them in.

Attached: 1554129490895.jpg (1024x675, 61K)

Strider
doomguy
dante
geno