Sekiro's OST was pretty weak for From standards

Sekiro's OST was pretty weak for From standards.
Pretty much the only song that stood out for me was this one

youtube.com/watch?v=Kc6E5OcmDf8

What about you? Do you evne remember any of Sekiro's theme's?

Attached: file.png (940x528, 777K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Ccacj8YGByw
youtube.com/watch?v=W9J4990dcv0
youtube.com/watch?v=C_ywF3fp564
youtube.com/watch?v=jJb_y-zmXV0
youtube.com/watch?v=Q5taPwu2UMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=9Ff8kWRJleU
youtube.com/watch?v=9KAMgsDCc1E
youtube.com/watch?v=3V9zxXN1rx0
youtube.com/watch?v=ALbVEmzY5S4
youtube.com/watch?v=q6Z8Bv88F9k
youtube.com/watch?v=d1E2LKQdMc4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just one track actually, and it was diegetic

youtu.be/Ccacj8YGByw

No. It was meh. Easily the worst OST in all the games. Even genericsouls 3 had more memorable tracks.

youtube.com/watch?v=W9J4990dcv0 This one in particular stands out to me because the headless unnerved me quite a bit.

Attached: Hell God Baby Damn No!.jpg (625x453, 36K)

It has a far larger amount of god tier tracks than any of their previous games, except maybe DeS. You DS3 shutters have awful taste

how the FUCK do you beat this asshole

>Contrarianism GOOD
>Well-liked thing BAD

*ahem*

youtube.com/watch?v=C_ywF3fp564
youtube.com/watch?v=jJb_y-zmXV0
youtube.com/watch?v=Q5taPwu2UMQ

the game's soundtrack is great. from games in general have excellent ost's. there's no one song in sekiro that i think touches say, gehrman's fight theme, but in general the soundtracks are very good. just because they are not memorable does not mean they are not well composed and performed.

>not a single YYYYOOOOOOO
Game is trash.

Name 5

Realistically no. It was a competent OST, but there aren't any really standout themes except perhaps Isshin.

Most of the soundtrack is a lot of understated ambience music, outside of some particular field themes for areas and the battle themes. I think its good that way because it does make the music for the tense scenarios and encounters feel a lot of stronger

That being said my favorites are:
>main menu theme
>Strength and Discipline (Ashina battle music)
>Lady butterfly
>Senpou Temple
>Guardian Ape
>Gentle Blade (emma boss)
>Fountainhead palace field theme
>Divine Dragon
>Owl

Its honestly a pretty decent soundtrack for my tastes, most of the tracks capture the feeling of what is going on screen

I like some of the boss themes and the Senpou battle theme.

My biggest issue is that the battle, stealth, and mini-boss themes could get repetitive.

>dark souls 1 ear rape
>good

tenchu ost shits all over this game

Attached: y6.jpg (380x377, 11K)

AAA japanese games have the same shit generic interchangeable music as western games do,how is it surprising?

I like Emma's boss theme.

divine dragn and red guard are peak sekiro ost

I like the theme that pops out whenever you encounter the ghost mini-bosses with the FWEEEEEEE.

I like genichiros theme, the fountainhead theme and divine dragon

i don't remember any of it aside from the battle theme and the only reason I remember it is because I didn't like it and I was sick of hearing it.
DS3 is the only one that has tracks that I remember and even go look up on youtube to listen to again, all other other game's soundtracks just sorta sit in the background and don't stand out much.

Sword Saint, Divine Dragon and Way of Tomoe were all pretty kino From OSTs. The Japanese influence is definitely far different than the regular From soundtracks, and that could be why you don't remember as many songs, the genre just doesn't appeal as much.
Sekiro has a very good ost, but I agree From have done better in the past

Attached: w74tg8rwoco21.jpg (2560x1440, 683K)

Sekiro's OST is not good for bombastic tracks like previous souls games but it's fucking amazing for creating atmosphere.
Divine Dragon's track that incorporates the sound of a thunderstorm is a good example.

It didn't surprise me that the OST was shit since Yuka or whatever has always been a really weak composer. All her stuff is so generic it hurts.

why does generic mean bad? there are plenty of songs that are steeped in the trappings of their genre that are quite good.

Owl's theme is the only song in the game that left a lasting impression, and it only gets interesting during his second phase.

youtube.com/watch?v=9Ff8kWRJleU

3:08 is when it gets good

generic in the sense that it's incredibly dull
there's generic done right (Bloodborne's Ludwig) and generic done wrong (pretty much everything Yuka has composed).

As much as I love Sekiro I have to agree the ost is not its strong point

Theres literally nothing in it that would even come close to any of the top tracks from ie. DS3, like this

youtube.com/watch?v=9KAMgsDCc1E

1:25 to 2:15 is elder god tier

Sekiro doesnt have anything like that unfortunately, the only memorable piece in my mind is Hirata Estate, and its in the "moody & comfy" kind of way.

I would have to agree that Sekiro and say that the OST is probably Sekiro's weakest aspect.

ape has good music as well.

It was that one for me too, that and the one that plays in the first area of the game that has some Witcher vibes to it

Demon's Souls OST still reigns supreme

I kinda agree, yet i loved two:
-Fight against Genichiro
-Senpo temple combat music (which cannot find on YT)

demons souls ost sounds like straight from a fucking ps1 game. and I love it

BEST OST COMING THROUGH

youtube.com/watch?v=3V9zxXN1rx0

Attached: not laffing rn.jpg (701x600, 117K)

LMB until he dies what are you saying you died to him? he doesn't fight back at all

>blocks your path
youtube.com/watch?v=ALbVEmzY5S4

this. Even in Bloodborne Yuka Kitamura's contributions are subpar compared to what the other 2 composers did. Her shit (Ebrietas, Rom, Watchers) is terrible compared to Gherman, Ludwig, or Mergo's Lullaby. Her stuff is literally just choirs and string instruments blowing out your ears for 5 minutes with no semblance of melody. The equivalent of sound diarrhea.
It's disappointing that despite Sekiro being such a different setting and allowing for so many different instruments, she STILL relies so much on choirs and violins. Seriously what the fuck.

Composed by Nobuyoshi Suzuki.

>Mergo's fucking Lullaby is great music
>muh melody
jesus shut up

>Her shit (Ebrietas, Rom, Watchers)
Painfully true, had to relisten to these 3 tracks to just even remember what those were. Completely unmemorable filler soundtrack.

>is not good for bombastic tracks like previous souls games but it's fucking amazing for creating atmosphere

In other words the soundtrack fucking sucks

¿yeah? you gonna post it?cause that's the most boring shit i've hear all day

ok spic maybe despacito is more your speed

>Composed by: Tsukasa Saitoh

>from standards
only bb and ds3 to some degree have decent ost
sekiro seems to be aligned with their rest

>forgetting about Kitamura's best and horribly misused track
youtube.com/watch?v=q6Z8Bv88F9k

Make both of us a favour and never reply to my posts ever again you room temp IQ monstrosity.

Do many other people believe that the DLCs weren't meant to be split like that? I think DS3 had one big DLC planned which would've been ringed city + ariandel in one but they had to cut it up for money

With Bamco literally forcing From into making Souls seqels, it's not surprising.
This track is good enough to be on Midir instead of the unmemorable shit he got.

Their soundtracks never stood out to me to begin with. Bloodborne was the only exception.

I gotta admit, I only think the OST is inferior from other OSTs because Japanese instruments never do it for me.
It has interesting composition sometimes but the Japanese flutes and drums bore me.

youtube.com/watch?v=d1E2LKQdMc4

Attached: 1421103857173.png (284x310, 57K)

I still like DS1's ost the best