What is your opinion about Assassin's Creed™ 3 Remaster?

What is your opinion about Assassin's Creed™ 3 Remaster?

Attached: Screenshot_20190404-214340~2.png (1080x539, 542K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H6d79JHh3cU
youtu.be/kgZ7tAfZnAY
youtube.com/watch?v=NpeKBfiVJQM
youtu.be/IQAh7lhGcfY
youtube.com/watch?v=KjN2i3xvbwM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Soulless vs. Soul

I can't believe someone actually looked at the finished product, like looked at the fucking models, and thought "Yeah, this looks ok". the new lighting looks good for the environment but holy FUCK does it make people look hideous

why did they replaced british guy with chink?

soulless vs soulless

why do they keep doing these things

I guess the silver lining is that it's Assassin's Creed 3 and thus nothing of value was lost.
Why was this made in the first place? Who was this for?

nah it looks like shit in the environment too

the lighting is all-around flat as fuck and it seems like the thing they spent the most time on was adding a slight piss filter on everything

the same guys who thought this was okay

Attached: 1479550869536.webm (800x450, 2.92M)

Because dumbfucks keep buying it.

wtf
he can climb faster than he can run

They also turned on a fuck piss filter over everything. This shit looks like sepia in some scenes of the trailer.

I got it for free, retard

thats just a rare bug

>he guise, let's remind everyone why AC is a shit series again

It baffles me that they would re-release this failed abortion. I'm pretty sure it'll undermine future sales after newcomers get to play this garbage.

Nobody said you were solely responsible for keeping their business afloat, retard

>oh god I climbed so fast, oh man I'm so awesome
>fap fap fap fap fap

next gen cant handle shadows

Attached: next gen cant into shadows 3.webm (960x540, 2.86M)

It's garbage. They fucked it up so bad especially for Ubisoft. Somehow even more glitchy then the original. the mechanics are terrible and almost never responds right. I originally played this on Wii U and that runs better than this shit.

>How about making remaster of original AC?
>NO?
>How about making remaster of 2? One that was most popular in its title?
>NOOO!
>WE KNOW! LETS MAKE REMASTER ABOUT AC MAJORITY DISLIKED INSTEAD!
Sasuga.

>>How about making remaster of 2? One that was most popular in its title?
but they did! look at this masterpiece

Both games have been remastered already. 1 has at least 2 remasters, user.

user, be real. They're going to remaster them all eventually. Might as well get this one out of the way.

3 was such a let down for me. Boring, soulless pile of AAA garbage

>the mechanics are terrible and almost never responds right
It's not any different in later games.

where the hell are the rocks on the floor coming from?

This csan't be real. Please tell me this is just some shitpost edit.

Attached: hjkl.png (417x483, 59K)

I wish it was a bait.

Attached: Capture.png (1283x721, 755K)

holy kek wtf is going on over at ubishart

>Consolefags hype up God of War's visuals to no end
>Cousin brings over his PS4
>Play it on my 60" 4k TV
>It looks like modded Skyrim
Is this generation a fucking joke or something or do consolefags just have dogshit eyesight?

The worlds and technology they build are totally wasted on these games.

I play to explore and that's it. The combat is mediocre in every title, the story is always the same "Kill 10 bad cultists before they misuse a magic artifact"

Attached: IMG_20190401_225732.jpg (2560x1055, 614K)

Ok

Attached: unnamed.jpg (240x240, 10K)

You are ignoring animations and other things while acting like static background scenery is all that matters. Modded Skyrim looks absolutely amazing in screenshots, not so much in motion.

Every fucking game has good animations nowadays, they're all motion captured, who gives a fuck?
When I hear people jerking off a game's visuals I expect to be blown away, not see some shit that wouldn't be out of place in 2015.

the latest patch did this sometimes the shadows bug out as before the update they didn't

>that tasteless fag who thinks 4k grass textures and saturated ENBs make for good visuals

Skyrim could never hope to compete with GoW

Well if you expect to be blown away, i got bad news for you.

Attached: 2007grafucks.jpg (800x500, 45K)

You just swapped which one says it's the original and which is the remaster right?
Right?

Seriously imagine a game with GOOD GAMEPLAY having worlds like this...

Attached: IMG_20190401_225727.jpg (2560x1055, 491K)

open world games are utter shit though

Yea, look at these amazing visuals, no way does the game look on par with Shadow of Mordor from half a decade ago.

Attached: 1546443872882.png (1920x1080, 3.58M)

The combat in Odyssey is miles ahead of the previous titles.

Is there any assassinating in assassins creed yet?

It uses the lighting system of the latest AC games.
Thing is, the rest of the game wasn't build around this lighting.
Sometimes it looks great, like pic related, and other it looks like poorly made SFM shit.

Attached: 1537944946964.jpg (1920x1080, 226K)

No, it's even worse. They cranked up the RPG grind and made every enemy damage sponges. Having 8 abilities on a timer makes little to no difference. Especially when a lot of them are things you could do in the other games previously. And you can't even use a shield in a game set in ancient Greece....

Anyways yeah all AC games have shit combat.

Attached: 98b12660-59bb-40de-b144-ed5def137380.png (1920x1080, 4M)

There's this fuckhuge list of targets.
A lot of the lesser ones are in the open world and you have to find clues to find them, others you find and kill throughout the story.

Attached: 1541431509252.png (1920x1080, 1.43M)

Yes, unfortunately. Like it or not the "assassin's Creed" parts of assassin's Creed games have always been the stupidest and half-baked parts. Death scenes are cool, but it gets old doing "press X to assassinate villain" after 10 games. And the stupid fucking lore with the secret Templar cult trying to take over the world for 1000 years is retarded. And so is the ancient civilisations and modern day shit.

jesus christ turn down the saturation

Attached: 1308521919001.jpg (1162x850, 705K)

It'd be nice if it was actually optimized.

Hell even Origins ran better than this trash

The world exists to look good amd the gameplay is just something the casuals are familiar with and are comfortable with.
They dont expect anything more so they will keep buying them time and time again.

Should've just call it Demaster Edition.

But does it involve sneaking about? All the gameplay I saw of the new combat system was about going oldschool rambo and healthbars and damage numbers. But i only saw very little to be fair.

That is Origins you dunce.

I wanted it to look like a history book painting

Attached: b62786e0eb2d49c24f6f76c7630b452a.jpg (430x281, 32K)

Depends on how you build your character. They have 3 trees, Ranger Warrior and Assassin. If you want stealth gameplay use Assassin tree

It was a shit game in 2012 and it's still a shit game. Anyone who buys this is furry.

They are walking around the open world, so it's your choice if you want to go sneaky or to openly fight them.
If you want to go full stealth, use the skill tree on the right.

It had its moments but like all AC games, in general it's a mediocre mess that tries to do too much and spreads itself thin

Thx for the chuckle buddy.

Oh shit you're right. Woopsies.

It looks like a burnt photograph though.

I started playing Odyssey and already I've come across two black women NPC quest givers.
Was Ancient Greece full of Ethiopians or something?

asscreed 3 was the final nail in the coffin for me. i hear the series got a little mor fun with black flag so why would anyone want to go back to the worst entry?

I don't know why they cared to polish a turd.

If anything, I feel greater disgust at anyone who would actually buy it.

Wasn't this game poorly received? And now it's coming out again?

why didnt they remaster I or II?

those could REALLY benefit from a remaster

I hated it but I remember there was a game awards show thing and they had Conor as best character and a little voiceover with him thanking people or some shit. So it was pretty popular. Googled it and 12 mil shipments by 2013

It's actually funny when someone tries to do a historical piece and be PC at the same time.

The problem with AC3 is that half the game is a setting up the events that everyone bought the game for.
You don't become an actual Assassin until sequence 6, and there's only 13 sequence.
Connor's development got harmed for removing this:

And lastly, they also completely fucked up the modern day part.
What was the point of Desmond training so much to become an Assassin if he was barely going to do anything?
It all felt half assed when they could have made an entire game about it.

They remastered 2, Brotherhood and Revelations last year, and it looked worse.
Guess they won't remaster AC1 because everyone will realize that AC1 is barely a game, and more like a concept demo for what the franchise was supposed to be.

They probably intended to make a modern game, but every time they tried to design it they couldnt get around desmondo being gunned down by a fat security guard while he was climbing up the side of a building.

What needs to look better about it?

Like I'm being honest. God of War looked really nice, and I know a game can look more detailed, but its kind of hit a point where I'm fine with the visual quality I just want the frame rate and resolution to be consistent.

In fact, I think the idea of a modern day Assassins Creed game is what ended up becoming Watch Dogs.
You even kill one of the modern day templars from AC4 in the first one.

I would love a world like this but in Japan and not in the most boring country.

Greece is literally shit tier without its gods. And the problem is AC:O tries too be as realistic as possible, which means everything related to the gods is pretty much non existent.

I have dropped the game like 20 hours of gameplay, because it was just a really boring country and I hate this one kid who is the first npc you meet.

But if Ubisoft would make a Japan game like this, I will instantly buy it.

Or even better
>an AC game
>in Japan
>with a Persona setting where you are not a school kid but a salary man and you are exploring today's Tokyo and the historical past (after you realize that you are some blood related chad of the Nobunaga family)
If Ubisoft would pull this off, I would literally pay pretty much anything they want.

ive never played any ass creed games but the one on left looks so objectively better i can only imagine this is some sort of bait

The forest legit looks like a glorified last gen game.
When I see people praising a game's visuals in 2018 I expect something like Hunt The Showdown or Call of the Wild or Battlefield 1, not something that wouldn't look out of place as an Xbone launch title.

Attached: The power of shitposters.jpg (1922x2160, 1.38M)

Blag Flag is ok, it's the pirate parts that are fun though. Once ship combat was unlocked I didn't do anything else besides upgrade my ship, murder sea life, and board other ships for about 50 hours.

Nothing good can come from trying to improve/clean up old graphics. part of a games identity is looking like it came from the year it was released, and altering that only makes it more apparent how watered down the things are when you try to repackage and sell the same old shit a hundred times.

Attached: death of an artform.jpg (2852x1430, 1.08M)

Bf1 wasn't that good though.

Fuck anyone who disliked DĂ©silets' story, hope you enjoy your watered down run of the mill 'RPGs' with modern day politics.

Attached: The Truth and The Miracle.jpg (1920x5159, 1.7M)

Now post some gameplay videos from Ryse.

Visually it's still top tier to this day.
None of these games are particularly good, but if you're going to go "whoa, look at these gwafix" then I'd better see some great fucking graphics.

Attached: bf1_2018_10_29_00_40_23_862.jpg (3840x2160, 2.68M)

>giving rdr2 as an example

>It looks like modded Skyrim
Show me the mod then

Attached: D3VV5ehW0AU6wg-.jpg (675x1200, 171K)

>left
Dark Souls 1

>right
Dark Souls 2

I was wrong, it actually looks much worse than modded Skyrim.

Attached: 13833373004_eac710d8b2_o.jpg (1920x1080, 1.54M)

I said this to a guy I had on Steam and he got so mad he deleted me.

This is 100% a brainlet stance to take.
Nature provides the artist infinite inspiration in infinite details. It is up to the artist to fill out the canvas artistically. Just because something looks real doesn't mean it can't be stylized or artistic. Just means you need actual talented artists.

Attached: D3A74LLX4AEbynG.jpg (675x1200, 220K)

This is what happens when remasters get outsourced to pajeets.

>this

Attached: Rw3cFHY3cGE38X23He491.jpg (1541x868, 460K)

>dude this one guy said this stupid thing that made sense given his context
>but he's old so he's right
fuck off

>thread about how the AC3 remaster looks like shit
>people end up screaming about God of War

Attached: 465435786975864.jpg (270x240, 11K)

I unironically agree. I just wished they knew what they wanted to do with it after assassin's creed 3, I saw many possibilities after that ending and they just wasted it

Skyrim looks nowhere near as good as god of war. That image looks like a joke.

Attached: DhSgIxgUYAEKyh2.jpg (675x1200, 193K)

His face always makes me laugh.

I think what user tries to convey is overly serious games that obsessed with realism.

Attached: ops.jpg (900x498, 422K)

Yea, look at these amazing graphics! Skyrim just can't compete!

Attached: 1548012983635.png (1920x1080, 3.85M)

Why do all the newer AssCreed games look worse than Unity?

Attached: ACU_Screen-VistaNotreDame_E3_140609_4pmPST_1402143772.jpg (4480x2520, 1.01M)

wow, someone better call up pixar and tell them to stop wasting money on render farms because their movies would obviously look way better with ps3 graphics

Nolan North spilled the beans a few years ago.
Apparently, the device you would find in AC3 was going to be an Apple of Eden that would let Desmond travel through time, and the next games you would go jumping between periods, changing history so that humanity could prepare for the solar flare.

You are aware that a lot of animated movies do genuinely have PS3 graphics, correct?
Even huge, big budget ones like pic related.

Attached: Arendelle-Castle-frozen-35717485-960-402.jpg (1920x856, 363K)

Never underestimate Yea Forums. I just came from another thread with the same thing happening. But it was an e-celeb cock sucker thread.

I still can't believe how much they fucked up the franchise. And it was so simple to avoid, too.

Change III so that Desmond defeats the Templars and saves the world once and for all. There, I saved the franchise. Now there's no reason to keep making Modern Day segments, and you can keep on making dozens of "spin off" sequels that take place entirely on the past and have no forced connection to the present. Those that liked the present storyline had a satisfyng end to it, those that dislike it won't have to suffer through it ever again. Ubisoft took literally the worst choice they could've, and ruined an IP with great potential. Fuck them, fuck them to hell and beyond.
youtu.be/kgZ7tAfZnAY

Attached: FUCK YOU UBI.png (1912x1072, 1.78M)

But that is retarded aswell. Serious games can be artistic as well.

I do.
I miss when AC had more focus on the story.
For all I've complained about movie games, I prefer more focus on the story than these looting simulators.

Cause Unity ran like shit and they downgraded the graphics.

>Skyrim looks nowhere near as good as god of war
Modded Skyrim blows God of War out of the fucking water lad. They didn't even try.

Attached: 1535728106061.jpg (1920x1080, 723K)

Is this from KH3? Looks like shit.

Will GoWtards ever admit that their game has Skyrim-tier graphics?

>another close-up of a face
Now show the shitty environment

Attached: God of War_20180430010917.png (1920x1080, 3.03M)

Literally more detail in Kratos beard than in those other games.

Attached: Dh2B_h7XUA8zFRV.jpg (1080x1920, 309K)

>from this
youtube.com/watch?v=NpeKBfiVJQM

>to pic related

Attached: 1551683691496.png (1200x675, 734K)

Attached: Vincent.png (619x473, 194K)

>last pic
>Subject 16 tells Desmond to ""Find Eve in Eden...The key is in her DNA"
>never gets brought up again
Thanks Ubisoft.

That's from Frozen.
The actual movie.
Shame the rest of the environment in his game looks like something out of a modded PC game from 2010.

Attached: 1546217068532.jpg (1920x1080, 947K)

you're mom looks like a joke

Unity was actually a very technologically advanced game, and used lots of shit like realtime GI that few other games used at the time (or even today)

It's overall a pretty good remaster -- it looks better, and it plays much better -- but it was clearly released a month or two before it was ready. The Switch version is in May. By the time that version releases, the bugs should be ironed out in all the other versions.

Isnt the point of remaster just to up the resolution? Why do they fuck with the models and shit

Attached: 1551959385689.png (552x688, 358K)

Attached: DiAg63KWAAAjmon.jpg (675x1200, 150K)

Because Unity's release was a disaster and afaik it sold relatively poorly so they decided to back down and do worse games. No wonder Unity is the last AC that's actually worth it.

AC ended for me with Revelations, everything else story-wise was shit.

>Change III so that Desmond defeats the Templars and saves the world once and for all.
Ubisoft hate those kind of endings. They prefer endings where your efforts make everything worse and the world gets glassed by nukes and it's all your fault -- stuff like that. You want some tacky "good guys win" story.

Because Unity ran like shit.

>having a folder filled with cherrypicked God of War screenshots

Attached: 1535728225987.jpg (1920x1080, 534K)

remastering games less than 10 years old

why the fuck is this allowed

I like how everyone ignores that the AC: Liberation remaster is a huge improvement over the old HD version even adding stuff like parallax mapping, and doesn't have the facial lighting bugs from AC3R.

Ehh, I think Far Cry 5 came to be because they wanted to make a post-apocalyptic game from the start, and FC5 set that world up.

New Dawn does have an ending where you just win and defeat the bad guys, and brings closure to the Father and all that.

Unity was in development before the ps4/xbone specs were finalized. It was too late by the time they realized that they were horribly under powered so the game runs like absolute shit.

I never gave a fuck about the alien shit or modern day in AC. But I assume you're talking about the guy who made Asscreed that Ubi booted out? It's a dick move for sure.

As for the games, though, At best that stuff was an interesting framing device and made for a "whoa wtf" reveal at the end of the plot

At worst it's fucking obnoxious, annoying, and unrealistic shit I never wanted or asked for. Just let me go on adventures in historical settings man.

youtu.be/IQAh7lhGcfY

Because no one's playing it.
It was okay back when it came out on the Vita because, holy shit, a portable AC game with decent graphics, but mechanically is barebones.

Attached: 1525084477432.png (1920x1080, 2.46M)

It's still the worst AC game though.

It's a shame liberation was shit cause it has a cool setting and also seductive negress

Still the worst AC game by far. Missions are shit, the open world is boring, hunting is pointless, Connor is just a monotone faggot who after 12+ years still doesn't understand that there must always be sacrifices in war despite literally everyone he meets telling him so. Almost half the missions are tutorials and the combat animations are awful.

The thing about Connor is that he was naive, he wanted to fight the bad guys, save the world and get a happy ending for everyone.
People used his naivety to make him do their bidding and then discarded him when they didn't need him anymore.
It's actually a pretty sad story.

Connor was naive, just like all his people, that's what the story is about. He is hardened and by the end he knows better.

I personally think Far Cry ND's ending has a slightly dark undertone. Your character is not... uh... quite right. You're basically Jack Carver from Far Cry Instincts without the external symptoms. If you want something, who is gonna stop you? You can punch people across the room if they disagree with you.

"The World is Yours" as the ending screen says.

blops 2 looked great though for its time

Attached: mpshot0000.jpg (1920x1080, 322K)

It had kino atmosphere though. Nothing can match winter New york.

why did they even bother

Oh yeah, the fruit thing.
I have absolutely no idea what was the point of that, in fact, I never used a single ability with it, the game never forces you to use them and never speaks of them again.
Really weird, reminds me of AC3's convoy thing to get money.

Original is better for a let's play but remastered is better for actual gamers.

Attached: 1544335945209.png (1919x1021, 3.88M)

>topic is graphics
>"b-but gameplay!"

cope

fuck. this would've been so fucking sick. but how would it have worked? would you just be some random guy who just shows up in time? would you travel through it with modern day people tracking you through the animus or would they be coming with you?

fucccck that would've been so cool.

This has got to be a bug.

Why don't you just watch movies then if all you care about is graphics?

No, you would play as Desmond in all those games, you would just travel through time changing history.
It's what his training was for.

If I wanted to watch a movie, I'd just play a Sony exclusive.

It looked like every other generic CoD.

You don't know the worst part of the current modern story.
Remember than in AC3, in the ending, you free Juno, and how she was going to take over the world or some shit?
Well, after doing literally nothing from AC4 to Syndicate but saying "Hurr, I need more power" she got killed off in a comic no one read by Desmond's ilegitimate son.

Attached: 1548928392922.jpg (407x428, 20K)

>someone asks about gameplay of a game
Wow which madman would do that?

>unrealistic shit...
It makes sense in the universe the story takes place in.
>...I never wanted or asked for.
Then the franchise wasn't for you. That's what CoD dudebros couldn't get in their thick skulls back in 2009 and still can't today: the protagonist of the story was Desmond, and the past events only existed because they fueled the present storyline, which was the one that mattered. But Ubi didn't like that and the IP printed money so instead of choosing an actual ending like said now you're stuck with shitty Witcher clones with historical revisionism.

>I have absolutely no idea what was the point of that
Did you never play Far Cry: Instincts?

Ubisoft really is the gayest company in the world.

I think if there was one thing that Ryse got praised for was the graphics, even to this day the graphics of Ryse are still great, too bad everything else was not good.

>cartoony means bad graphics
user you really need to tell disney to throw away their render farms. they're wasting millions of dollars on nothing, don't they know any better?

Why do retards trying to critique the visuals of a VIDEO GAME always use static screenshots instead of footage? Unless it's a VN with static sprites, how it looks in motion obviously matters a shitload.

Are we for sure that the images haven't been swapped around? Everything, and I mean every pixel on the right looks horrendous!

what's going on in the modern story nowadays?

haven't played since Unity, is it still used as a framing device or have they pretty much dropped it?

Attached: chicken-with-questio-nmarks.jpg (960x640, 72K)

Attached: 1553848747984.gif (300x225, 1.75M)

Because screenshots are lossless.
Videos are not unless you're posting a 30+ GB source file.
How much of a brainlet are you?

Attached: FinalQ_rlt.png (804x928, 851K)

I love how the original game has a piss filter that the remaster removes, and THAT's what upsets people.

Ryse's story is also excellent. And the gameplay is solid. Hellblade was basically Ryse 2.0, and it got a free pass for a lot of stuff Ryse got shit for.

You now control some chick that used to work for Abstergo, in the ending of Origins Desmond's father finds you, you join the assassins and in Oydssey they go to Atlantis for some reason which was an old city from those who came before, and there you find the character you played as in the past, who used a staff of eden to avoid getting old, the character gives you the staff and then dies.

I have no idea what's going on in the open world, but the fact that the three characters are generic ultra sarcastic "Uhhh, Hello?" millennials makes me want to skip all of it.
At least one of the dudes is Japanese, so maybe the game set in Japan will come soon.

CHINESE ARE CHEAP!!
CHEAP!!!

They're both shit really, only retards think either game is anything above below average.

no but i mean how would you fit into history? like how do you just show up as desmond and then be an assassin with no character history? it would be weird trying to infiltrate shit as a rando who just shows up.

but i still think you being the only one who goes back and then your actions being tracked through the animus somehow in modern times would be cool as fuck.

He's a buttmad Xbot. I bet he even thinks Crackdown 3 is a masterpiece.

didn't his illegitimate son also have autism or something

It's either an uncommon bug or was fixed because I played the shit out of the game and never once had that happen.

Wanting an AC set in Feudal Japan made a lot more sense years ago. Now we have Nioh and Sekiro, and we'll have Nioh 2 and Ghost of Tsushima in the future. I just want AC to die.

People got their hopes too high when thinking about next-gen exclusive games for PS4 and Xbox One, Ryse is not a great game but was at least a decent one yet it got similar reviews to Knack and worse than The Order 1886.

Well, he would have an apple of eden, I think showing that to the assassins of that time would be enough to convince them.

It depends on *when* you went back to. If Desmond went to AltaĂŻr or Ezio's time he could probably explain things to them, specially Ezio seeing how he's known of his existence ever since II's ending.

Kek, this literally looks worse than Sekiro.

>Atlantis

o i am laffin

Nigger there's hundreds of sci-fi games out there, whereas Asscreed is just about the ONLY big game series that takes place across so many historical settings, of course people are attracted to it because of that.

Atlantis fits perfectly with all the crackpot ancient conspiracy cover-up shit the series was about in AC1&2 but the execution here was totally lame

In Odyssey they have gone full retard.
You find the Minotaur's labyrinth, you literally kill the minotaur, the Sphynx, a Cyclopse, your father is a 150 year old Pitagoras...
They explain it all with the apples of eden and the monsters being guardians, but they really have thrown subtlety out the window.

Attached: 1550866792160.png (1277x667, 607K)

Then they're free to enjoy it, alongside the sci fi elements. The sci fi plot was the main one when DĂ©silets was in charge; Desmond was the main protagonist, not AltaĂŻr or Ezio. The Animus served as a reason not only to go back in time, but do things back there; that's where the bleeding effect came in. It all amounted to an ending that never came, and now you're stuck with

The only good part of Ass3 is prologue part where you play as that templar dude. After that it goes to shit

kek

And you can't even complain about it
>actual monsters like a Medusa make no sense, this has nothing to do with AC
>DUDE THE SERIES HAS HAD GLOWING APPLES SINCE DAY ONE WHAT DO YOU MEAN LMAO

Attached: 1535115025265.png (1153x823, 89K)

My god that flour snow still looks terrible.

And Connor's message to his parents which, for no reason at all, was cut from the game even though the lines were recorded and actually makes him a better character.

THIS IS PROOF WE LIVE IN A SIMULATION
NOTHING IS PROGRESSING
EVERYTHING IS STAGNANT

NOTHING HAS CHANGED SINCE THE MATRIX IN 1999
ALL MOVIES LOOK WORSE
CGI BLOWS SINCE IRON MAN
IT WAS ALL DOWN HILL

REEEEE
I'M SO MAD
WHY IS THIS HAPPENING
HOW HAS NOTHING CHANGED IN 20 YEARS EXCEPT BEING ABLE TO LOOK AT PORN ON YOUR PHONE IN THE BATHROOM AT WORK

REEEEEE

Attached: 1501962576648.png (556x430, 96K)

Its shitty that Ubisoft trashed that guy's vision and fired him
Odyssey sucks

But I'm still glad the modern day shit has taken a backseat, I hope they drop the first civilisations shit next it's insufferable and generic

nobody did

it's mainly corporations that love to keep things exactly the same because they're scared of losing profits
so everything is using old technology cutting corners wherever they can to lower cost
fuck this world
fuck capitalism

all the worlds greatest accomplishments came from government funding during ww2 and the cold war
now we're all beholden to corporate cock who want nothing but browns to flood in to increase population so jews can make more money

it's all so tiresome

The Cold War ending was a mistake.

cope

Attached: God of War_20180425191641.jpg (3840x2160, 1.21M)

Did they adjust the ending or outside change the story in any way?

This.
Most of my hype for AC3 was gone when it was revealed to not be a modern day Assassins Creed which the entire franchise was building up to.

No, they did a couple of gameplay changes, but nothing regarding the story.

Nolan North said he was told the original plan would be Desmond training under 6 ancestors and getting a time machine so he can rewrite history as the ultimate assassin.

Oh boo hoo retard, we are living in the fastest era of technological and societal development in the history of humanity

Be lucky you weren't born 40,000 years ago where nothing had changed for thousands of years before you were born and would stay the same for thousands of years after

Oh good someone else annoyed by that at last, I've bitched endlessly about Juno's rant at the end of brotherhood about finding modern Eve and walking through the gate with her and it just got dropped.

I really hope that you aren't posting this as an example of something that looks good.

That lighting is flatter than my ex, holy fucking shit.

And here we see the weeaboo in its natural image board habitat. Observe the squinted eyes, its hands clutching an anime figurine, and its lonely mating cry of, "muh Japan!"

As someone who played all the Asscreed games, I don't care.
AC3 is one of the worst ones, right next to Revelations

Attached: 1553084099585.png (657x527, 19K)

Beg Sega to localize the historical Yakuza games.

>yfw the new Mary Sue protagonist is modern Eve and Ubisoft are gonna make her end the Templars giving the middle finger to Desmond even more

Attached: 1532636270821.png (200x200, 81K)

> they did a couple of gameplay changes
such as?

>Ubishit makes AC: Japan in 2020
>forced diversity everywhere, a lot of brown, fat, queer characters for some reason
I'll pay you $100 to fuck off.

Different user but I know they added Black Flag's gunplay, as in you can now aim your guns freely

I'M FUCKING MAD HOLY SHIT I LOVED ASSCREED SO MUCH WHY IS THE WORST COMPANY IN VIDEO GAME HISTORY HAVE RIGHTS TO THIS SHIT FUCK.

But in a seriousness I blame the normalfags for this shit. During the heyday of ACB I caught a glimpse of the legitimate faggots who liked this game
>Hurr unga like man with hood and blade but unga dun like modern day story because it hurt unga's brain

Attached: 1553073088769.gif (456x192, 3.51M)

I really liked assassins creed, until you started playing as the main character

You can aim freely, your stealth attacks are now always made with the hidden blade instead of the tomahawk so you are a bit stealthier.
Also, they changed the HUD so it's transparent instead of black and being behind a loading screen, which was annoying as hell.

Imagine my shock that people would prefer the historical part which encompasses 85% of the game over the modern day part which is 15% at best and has nothing but cringeworthy characters and a total brainlet of a protagonist

Modern day STORY is what made the plot interesting fuck face not the protag the game was literally to hard for retards to understand.

The subject 16 files in 2 and Brotherhood were the best.

This.

Unity used realtime GI? I can't seem to find that listed as a graphical feature anywhere

No, the "secret Templars through history" shit is ridiculous, the modern day characters all look like retards, the ancient civilisation shit was only good for a twist moment in the first game and beyond that is retarded, really it's all bad.

How do they look ridiculous?
It's more ridiculous having people run around with white hoodies throughout all of history even though they said in AC1 they only wore those to camoflage among monks.

>the ancient civilisation shit was only good for a twist moment in the first game

second, only mention of them in 1 is an offhand remark about those who came before.

posting this cuz im bored

Attached: Butcher Bay 2004.webm (1280x720, 2.72M)

>outsource the game remaster to chinks
>everyone becomes a chink
They did this with FFX too.

Gotta love how they took the only thing that was a concrete antagonist in Juno and had her killed in the FUCKING COMICS by Desmon's Illegitimate child, who is also still not featured or alluded to in anything besides the shitty comics.

Desmond's kid was revealed in Syndicate actually.

youtube.com/watch?v=KjN2i3xvbwM

I wish more games did dynamic lighting and shadows on the same level that F.E.A.R., STALKER and Escape from Butcher Bay did or better. Dynamic lighting and shadows basically saved all 3 of those games from looking like total shit, it'd probably make newer games look even better.

This is just straight up bullshit, either modded or a bug
Also AC2 is the only actual good game they made

>people don't like them so we don't expand them
>we don't expand them so people don't like them
That's how it pretty much went

Seoul vs Seoulles

SLI is broken now so now it's impossible to hit 4k with all the settings cranked up
great job, Ubisoft

Attached: radoonhagaydoon.png (500x643, 638K)

SLI is broken on pretty much all modern games that make use of temporal visual tech such as TAA.
Those games used volume shadows. Volume shadows suck. Ray tracing is the future.

is that why? i remember TXAA working in older asscreed titles that still supported sli
origins broke sli and odyssey kept it broken, by the way, syndicate was the last one that supported it and it scaled pretty well. not amazing, but good enough

No I mean when Al Mualim pulls out the Apple of Eden and it's all magical and shit. The part at the end of Ac2 was stupid and the main character really sums it up by saying "what the fuck"

F(ourth)PBP

Well it's random. The guy in that scene will have a different combination of a model and skin.

Attached: assassinmeme.jpg (1024x512, 124K)

That's an improvement

that's a bug that happened in the original one as well
still speaks volumes about how lazy they are that it wasn't patched out, though

Attached: 1392960549241.jpg (326x169, 19K)

It's okay user, some of you must be brainlets so the rest of us can live normally

While ray traced shadows look good they don't look noticeably better, especially since my eyes have been trained to expect certain objects to cast sharp shadows. They aren't nearly as demanding either. I'm more interested in the AO and dynamic lighting real time ray tracing offers, not so much the shadows.

you have to wonder why people fall for the remaster meme and bu the same game twice, instead of just asking for a good game from the start

Attached: 49m74pnph2p21.jpg (1023x767, 76K)