Have they opened the floodgates? Are we entering a new golden age of piracy?

Have they opened the floodgates? Are we entering a new golden age of piracy?

Attached: EpicGamesStore.jpg (1280x720, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xkl-gBTpqOE
investopedia.com/news/how-tencent-changed-fortnite-creator-epic-games-fortunes/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epic_Games
crunchbase.com/person/li-wenlei#section-overview
technology.ihs.com/604579/wegames-global-release-illustrates-tencents-strategic-ambition-in-games-distribution
gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-01-14-sergey-galyonkin-epic-games-store-courting-new-younger-audience
reddit.com/r/PhoenixPoint/comments/b0rxdq/epic_game_store_spyware_tracking_and_you/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: mypartmutt.gif (664x377, 2.46M)

The epic store game library is slowly growing and every fortnite kid has it installed
most of them don't even know what steam is
and for them Epic store is what Steam was for you when you were a kid
time is ticking steamfags..

>Valve w-was stopping piracy guiz!!!!!

The state of valve drones

Attached: 1473965295439.jpg (920x900, 82K)

"Mike Capps, president of Epic Games - the studio behind the Gears of War franchise - has blamed piracy for his studio's recent preference for developing console-only games in an interview with Edge magazine. However, the developer believes that the market could begin to move back towards PC development in the near future." - 2010

Epic left the PC space once and blamed piracy. I'd be glad to pirate and make them leave again after they decided that UT4 wasn't worth anything and makes the PC space worse with their shitty store

Valve turned countries that people told them to not even bother with because everyone pirated into places where they actually turn a good profit. I mean shit China is one of their best regions in terms of sales

>and every fortnite kid has it installed

Sergey Galyonkin himself said that players of free-to-play games don't turn into regular consumers of traditionally priced games. This is the same Sergey that runs Steamspy and is in charge of the Epic Game Store itself. They know none of these kids will buy regular games on their store, which is why they need to do the exclusivity deals in an attempt to poach users from Steam and GOG

give me a quick rundown on the tencent store

1. why are so many games going epic exclusive now
and
2. why should i be upset about this?

t. out of the loop

I know you like good music Chang.
youtube.com/watch?v=Xkl-gBTpqOE

Attached: 1549361311084.jpg (192x263, 16K)

Either that or the fortnite retards will bend over when epic eventually tries to make all their games always online.

The answer to both of your questions is "Tencent"

1. Epic is paying publishers to not release the game anywhere else, forcing customers to use their storefront.
2. This directly limits your choices. Epic is in complete control over the price of these games and has no external incentive to lower the prices or provide a better customer experience with their store/launcher. They have every incentive to keep the price as high as possible for as long as possible as they hold these games hostage.

>2. why should i be upset

braindead retard

you dont deserve a reply

1:Epic is paying publishers to release games on their platform.
2: Because they are bribing publishers not to use other stores. Epic doesn't just want games on its store, epic wants to be the only one who sells them.

>most of them don't even know what steam is
One day Streamfags will have to watch the Epicfags fight tooth and nail for their righteous god jew against a newcomer. Then, they will know.

There are absolutely no Fortnite players on PC, so no, they don't have it installed. There is no one using it and every game on it is a complete and total flop.

>handing out premium (You)s

Basically, Epic is bribing developers to put their games on their stores exclusively(Most games are timed exclusive, so after a year, Steam will start selling them too) to try and "compete with Steam".

Attached: 1553983995219.jpg (1095x1115, 842K)

>1.
Epic is paying fat sacks of cash in the form of 'guaranteed minimum sales.' Basically Epic is upfront paying for the estimated sales these games would have done had they actually released on Steam, GOG and other third-party storefronts. If they never sell above that amount they get to pocket the extra cash (and probably will since fucking nobody uses the Epic game store outside of Fortnite players who are unlikely to become customers for traditional games
>2.
Here's some negatives about Epic's store and how they operate
-Epic doesn't mass generate keys for free for publishers to sell to other stores, so you won't be able to buy from third-parties who are competing on price (only from a 'partner' like Humble Bundle which will just sell the game at the exact same price)
-If you live in an area that doesn't have high amounts of credit card usage, you might usually rely on cash cards to buy your vidya, and unlike something like Steam which eats the cost themselves Epic will just charge you more (given their low take for themselves)
-Instead of using their vast wealth from Fortnite to make brand new titles for their store, Epic's paying to take choice of where to buy away from customers, and this includes both Steam and GOG options being taken away
-Ironically if you live in China you can't actually buy games from Epic
-If you're one of the few Linux people out there you're screwed because you can't as easily take advantage of Proton or anything like that
-The 88/12 split becoming a regular thing likely won't hurt Steam all that much overall, but it will kill all the third-party sellers which provide better prices for games like Green Man Gaming, Voidu, Fanatical and Gamesplanet
-Tim Sweeney himself has said that he doesn't want to do sales even on the level of current-day Steam, along with a clear focus on his store being more publisher-friendly instead of customer-friendly (for example, an opt-in review system)

>why are so many games going epic exclusive now
Epic pays devs for exclusivity and to port their games from console to Epic store
>why should i be upset about this?
I don't know. Because it hurts Steam and everyone here is a steam fanboy?

sorry i dont follow in step with your outrage and grievance culture cuck

This isn't about Steam at all. If Valve were doing this they would be on the chopping block for it right now.

What a delusional valve drone

>THEY ENDED PIRACY BROS UNTIL EPIC CAME WAHHHHHHHH

You know they actually did right? They managed to turn the piracy hell of eastern europe into paying customers.

Meanwhile Epic slaps a 15$ security fee on anyone buying games from those territories. But hey, all it is downloading an extra launcher right?

How's that ccp paycheck shill?

>There are absolutely no Fortnite players on PC, so no, they don't have it installed.
Do you honestly believe this? All of those people watching Ninja and whoever else, no doubt being told how you aren't really playing on console, you don't think a significant number of them picked up PC in their quest to git gud?

You fight piracy with convenience. Epic is making buying games on PC less convenient. This isn't rocket surgery.

>and to port their games from console to Epic store
This was never the case user. David Cage games were always coming to PC. We've known this since October of last year, when they announced the ability to because the large company NetEase bought a minority share of their company. This allowed the resources to be able to port all of those QD games. As for games from thatgamecompany, the fact Journey is exclusive but Flower came out on everything including GOG shows that Epic didn't actually have a hand in the porting process. If Epic really did help port those games then both would be exclusive

the exact opposite is being said retard

No, because so far they haven't obtained exclusivity for any games worth playing.

Literally the only people who play Fortnite on PC are streamers, everyone else plays on console or mobile.

>>THEY ENDED PIRACY
I never implied they 'ended' piracy. I stated that they were able to turn a relevant amount of pirates into paying customers because piracy is indeed a service problem

>Consolefag friend said epic scammed them with some shitty moba
>Laugh at him
>Borderlands 3 ends up being epic store exclusive
>Consolefag friend laughed when I told him
Fuck this faggoty earth

Attached: done.gif (416x307, 2.58M)

honestly sounds like a shit deal for any dev but what the fuck do i know

Those kids all play Fortnite on their Switch.

You get the last laugh user. Borderlands games always have LAN functionality so you could still pirate and play with other people who have pirated copies over the internet with things like freelan and Hamachi

piratefags are the worst. If you pirate you are going to push devs to console exclusives.

i dont care, whatever intent you had behind your post is meaningless to me. my interpretation is the only legitimate one.

Only for their exclusive hostages.

>Are we entering a new golden age of piracy?
Software piracy has always been in it's golden age.

>If you pirate you are going to push devs to console exclusives.

If people are going back to pirating en masse then clearly someone is fucking up on the publisher and storefront sides. Steam did lead to a large reduction in piracy on the PC platform because some people did find Steam more convenient than pirating

>dev
It's publishers making these deals. They also keep all the money. Devs are salaried and usually under contract.

Kek, this gets me every time. Tim has absolutely no control or say in his company at all anymore because Tencent has majority stake but they are trying really hard to pretend that isn't true for some reason. .gif related

Attached: giphy (10).gif (402x250, 2.83M)

totally

almost everyone I know pirated that metro game

REMINDER THAT EPIC STORE = BOTNET

Attached: E7C67F13-3AD1-4D6F-B396-DF4D26234CC0.jpg (1024x625, 125K)

No. All of those kids are playing on console and mobile. There are plenty of metrics out there that show this btw. Literally less than 2% of Fortnite's playerbase is on PC. Most are on PS4, followed closely by Switch and mobile. Xbox is in last, probably because they had PUBG and no one bought that console anyway.

The publishers get a huge paycheck, and if their game fails to meet sales expectations Epic makes up the difference with a second big ass check.

To put it into proper context so you understand the scale of money being thrown at publishers, Phoenix Point (an X-COM inspired game) was completely crowdfunded on Patreon. It was picked up by Epic to be Epic exclusive despite the fact that during the crowdfunding campaign it was stipulated that it would be released on Steam. When backers brought this up and insisted this bait and switch was unacceptable, the developers of Phoenix Point responded by essentially saying that they can offer refunds, but even if they refunded all of the money that was crowdfunded to them that they would still have money left over to continue development.

In other words Epic gave these independent devs more money than it took them to develop the game in the first place and then even more on top of that, all to turn their previous promises to customers a lie.

Attached: 1377884580124.png (500x500, 46K)

Wow downloading another client is SOOO inconvenient

Fact is people pirate cause they are poorfags not cause its inconvenient to them

This Phoenix Point situation is worse because Snapshot was seeking out an exclusivity deal with Epic, not the other way around. They knew what they promised to backers and they didn't give a fuck

Spending more money than you should is sure as shit inconvenient, you shill.

I can't speak towards their intentions which is why I didn't mention that.

>piracy is indeed a service problem
HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHA good joke

I have stopped since steam GOG origins came out but thanks to epic im back to my merry ways
OHHHH THE PIRATES LIFE FOR ME

Attached: nqe98r5jiao01.gif (320x155, 1.53M)

you're a moron

>Wow downloading another client is SOOO inconvenient
If I have to pay higher prices because I can't buy my games from GMG (since Epic doesn't do free key generation for publishers and likely never will), that is pretty inconvenient. Also I pirated Metro Exodus, yet bought Sekiro so I don't know where you're getting these ideas about pirates from

So don't buy games on steam then?? Why are you buying from them?

Phoenix Point is pure sales guarantee last I heard. They aren't getting an extra cent until their game recoups the money Epic gave them.

Kids don't even play fortnite like that anymore

Hmm. Will see in September. I am on the fence.

Attached: safeinfuture.jpg (1690x857, 266K)

>This retard doesn't know about legitimate third-party sellers who will never by able to sell Epic's games for cheap because Epic won't generate keys to sell to them
You're a consolefag aren't you?

Are you going to start giving any arguments or are you just here to shitpost?

China has 5 times the population of America

Steam lists competitive prices with other storefronts that use their keys. Epic is spending tens of millions of dollars to make sure they don't need to list competitive prices. It's clear which of these two launchers is going to result in lower prices for me. This does not mean that piracy is not an option if the game exists on Steam. The point is piracy looks less appealing if the prices are good enough.

user you should know that date estimates in software development are largely horseshit and never on time

>search is a feature
wut

And people still told Valve that they shouldn't bother because everyone is a filthy pirate there, and yet it seems it worked out for them

I like Epic, they pay for games with chankoro money so that I could get them for free.
Perhaps chankoro doesn't like what Tencent, basically extension of Chinese government, does with his money but chankoro aren't allowed to talk against government because something like, ahem, 4 June Tiananmen square incident may happen to him.

Lol no steam is cancer and epic store games like Subuntina are cheaper on Epic

I can't make a argument to pure delusion to think pirates have any morals at all

Attached: 1421610376388.jpg (528x792, 66K)

Epic games have been buying out publishers so it forces players to have to use their platform and be monitored by their data harvesting software that is sold by tencent for a much higher profit than gaming sales

>it's the stores fault
No it isn't people are being stupid irresponsible infants and not thinking of the future. Make your stand for a slightly less convenient extra storefront and you will be met with extremely inconvenient console exclusives.

So shitposting it is, ok

>third party sellers proven to steal credit cards to get keys are good
lol might as well pirate at least you arent stealing credit card stolen games

where's epic getting infinite money from?

>Make your stand for a slightly less convenient extra storefront and you will be met with extremely inconvenient console exclusives.
>DUDE JUST TAKE IT UP THE ASS OR ELSE
no

>tencent has majority stake
That’s just wrong. Sweeney owns >50 percent and tencent is at about 40. This is an easily verifiable fact.

Retarded Chinaman

>muh steam
Steam isn't the only place to get games, epictards.

Epic's dirty tactics are fucking over EVERYONE, not just steam users.

Attached: 1551050764273.png (1638x3316, 765K)

They've already stated they're operating at a loss and this isn't supposed to be a long term strategy. They're expecting to draw enough people away from Steam to stay afloat in the future.

Are you going to start giving any arguments or are you just here to shitpost?

>Epic Games Store has less features than Steam
>so I'm going to pirate and have even less features

Attached: 1528498171432.png (488x463, 28K)

>Subuntina
What?

kids buying dancemoves for their forknife games

Nope. Tencent owns 48% and Tim only owns 25%. He is their puppet.

Has a bot net ever once been used in a way that was detrimental to the people that were part of the botnet?

You're literally the only one shitposting. Go fuck yourself. Your feelings aren't facts. Use some logic. Retard.

>t. I only buy when the game is 90% off

Their $500billion parent company.

Wow you listed some that sell steam keys lol

you don't need to pay for pirate

>>third party sellers proven to steal credit cards to get keys are good
>lol might as well pirate at least you arent stealing credit card stolen games
I even threw in the word 'legitimate' before third-party sells and you still ignored it like a faggot. GMG, Fanatical, and Gamesplanet are not the same as G2A and Kinguin

I'm from GOG and I say fuck the bugmen!

Attached: 1498869181478.jpg (530x295, 34K)

>Piracy has no affect on sales!
>I'm gonna pirate all of Epics games so they lose to Steam!
really make me think

Have you ever heard of this game called Fortnite?

>Taiwan is not China
Well, actually Taiwan IS real China with actual legitimate Chinese government and not commie pigs who starve population by tens of millions ans mow them down with tanks.

epic store does not have regional pricing. I am doing my part by pirating epic store exclusives, are you sandniggers also doing your part?

>Your feelings aren't facts.
Ironic from a guy crying its inconvenient to download another free client

Kys valve drone you are the cancer to pc gaming

>why are so many games going epic exclusive now
Metro
Outer worlds
Borderlands 3
Anno somedate

And huuuh

>Yea Forums is one person
simbly ebin

We need some necromancer to bring back the forbidden megas full power.

yes? are u retarded?

No its not you stupid fuck, its because to the 70% of the world the 60$ price tag is unaffordable

Cry harder, Ping
Maybe you'll get a $.05 salary raise

I have several hundred hours clocked in the Borderlands series, it's one of my favorite series. I also haven't pirated a PC game in almost two decades, not counting a handful of what is basically DOS abandon-ware from the late 80s or early 90s.

Borderlands 3 is going to be the first PC game in nearly 20 years that I am going to pirate, and that is not an exaggeration.

I have never seen people be so bold about it before. Everywhere people are commenting how they are going to pirate it, even on sites or forums that are strict to ban piracy talk and for years I have never seen anyone dare utter that they will pirate anything. 2K's forums had to put up a notice that people are not allowed to talk about piracy over how many people said they were going to pirate the game on their own official forums.

So yes, they without question are causing a titanic influx of piracy, at least for Borderlands 3, if not almost everything that's going to go Epic exclusive now on.

perfect example of a grown man with a baby thought process.

imagine if by choosing to sell your milk at a specific store, the government gave you autism bux to keep doing it regardless of whether or not it was mixed with bull sperm to reduce the cost of production

this is both epic's and the canadian government's strategy of pushing products to the unwashed masses

user you missed the point, how the fuck did they not have search implemented?

investopedia.com/news/how-tencent-changed-fortnite-creator-epic-games-fortunes/
Here’s a source backing up my statement. Post evidence for yours.

Because of PUBG which you can't pirate because it's online multiplayer only. Valve literally lost 20+% of their entire userbase when PUBG got its own chink client.

But the government does that, user.
Do you not know how the farming industry works with government subsidies?

What does this statement have to do with anything? I'm genuinely confused at what your point is so you're going to need to explain it. Games are still selling boatloads in China (a lot of Chinese games actually)

Get flossed on nigger, never buyinf on epic games store lolol, maybe you should go and preorder the megafaggot edition of every game to make up for it :)))))

Discord doesn't require steam
GOG doesn't require steam
Uplay doesn't require steam
Origin doesn't require steam
Battle.net doesn't require steam
Game Jolt doesn't require steam
Humble doesn't require steam

Your argument is invalid, Epic is using dirty methods to fuck over not just consumers, but also the developers who are dumb enough to fall for it.

>There are plenty of metrics out there that show this btw
Care to source then? Google isn't bringing up shit but articles of people saying PC is best.

That chinks still pirate everything and Valve changed nothing about this other than being the only source to play what was the most popular game in China

Go suck your fat kike leader

We never left it.
That said, I only really buy Jap games, and they're only on Steam and GoG.
If they went Epic exclusive I'd just pirate them.

it has always been the golden age of piracy

Epic has paid for your pirated copy already. Their exclusivity deals offer guarantees sales. That means that Epic themselves buy copies, if sales fall below a certain point. So, in other words, Epic has literally bought your pirated copy for you. Now that you have no more morale obligation to buy the game, you can torrent at will, and sleep soundly at night.

Attached: epicchinkspyware.png (1914x4402, 1.91M)

u dont know fkn anything

>QUESTION

can someone tell me what the fuck is going on

Read the fucking thread you goddamn newfag. Jesus Christ, does no one even lurk any more?

>moral obligation
Lol, just floss on the gooks, we are in a trade war with their shithole country, no money for them

Wrong, I bought WWZ for £20 from CDkeys

Nah, because Yea Forums is full of literal high schoolers who spoonfeed the fuck out of everyone.
I have multiple cousins under the age of 17 who browse this shithole and act like stereotypical /pol/tards.

inb4 someone posts Dina's fried eggs

been out of the loop, what is the conection of epic store with piracy, are their titles easlier to pirate or something?

Another AAA game wont be on Steam just like every other AAA over the past year and steamtoddlers are once again throwing a fit as day after day they realize the sunk cost of their level 6969 profile badge and 700 game collection they'd only played 2% of on a platform that won't exist in 10 years.

see

see

Why should I be mad at Epic for merely offering exclusivity deals to the developers, and not at the developers/publishers who take them? It's not like Epic has a gun to their head or something.

valve drones are console fag refugees so they have to be loyal to only one client and company

Lolol cry more beta boi

>most of them don't even know what steam is
Want to know why? Because they don't buy games, retard. Epic has a platform full of children who only have the launcher installed to play Fortnite.

See

Games on the Epic store are actually technical easier to pirate because Epic has no stub DRM of their own, so unless the publisher puts Denuvo or something on it it's basically copy+paste.

Based Chang Ching Chong Ding Dong Ping Pong making more people start pirating

Attached: 1553770665138.png (976x658, 272K)

The are owned by tencent and are intentionally publishers first instead of customers or even game devs first, fuck them

Everyone already hates the kike publishers that do shit like that.

Quick rundown:

>cretin devs hate Steam for two reasons: Valve takes 30 cents on the dollar and players are allowed to leave reviews
>billionaire rat Tim Sweeney devises a plan to make a shangri la for horrible developers where they can make more money per sale on shitty games that undoubtedly get review bombed for not being good than they would on steam and actively treat the customers as enemies who have no rights
>in order to secure this marketplace, he does something no one else has been evil enough to do. He pays developers for exclusivity rights and even buys those rights from games currently on other platforms
>he is now railroading players into having only one option (his store) to play certain games and is not allowing anyone to discuss the games, review them and he's giving control to the devs to ban whomever they want for whatever reason they want

So now the devs are all jerking off because they want that money and they want to subjugate anyone who has a problem with their shittily designed AAA games.

Attached: 1548973716059.png (643x467, 67K)

Lol, never ever buying an epic store game nigger boy

Valve became what it is off of being the platform that millions of children installed to play Counterstrike

the coping is real

Attached: Untitled.jpg (834x530, 83K)

Stop repeating lies it just makes you look retarded.

>from CDkeys

I said legitimate third-party sellers, not grey market sellers

thanks

Fortnite and China

OMG THEY KILLED PIRACY :0

I can’t wait really, steam has been resting on their laurels for far too long. PC gaming stores need some competition, it only benefit us consumers.

>millions of children installed to play Counterstrike
The vast majority of early Steam adopters were adults, as it was a platform that was only of any use if you had bought games. On it's release, nobody fucking used steam to play Counter-Strike, you zoomer.

The engine and Fortnite. The 3 highest grossing game companies last year per game was Epic with Fortnite, Bluehole with PUBG and Epic with PUBG because they make 5% of whatever profit it makes due to it using UE.

They are owned by tencent?
They have said they are publishers first?
Game devs are upset that publishers are making these decisions?

The state of you, actually buying on epic games store lmaooooooo

Let's be honest: would you have taken the same deal if you were in their shoes?

True. Haven't pirated anything besides paradox's dlc hell for years mostly thanks to steam.
t. Eastern european

I am going to pirate epic store exclusive even asfer that one year has passed. Just as a matter of principle.

Attached: 14268742784641.jpg (1280x780, 260K)

Were you even born when Steam was first released?

It's really good for devs but has nothing to offer for consumers.
It's an unfinished platform that's trying to lock you in by holding games hostaged
No offline mode, no shopping cart, no email verification so anyone can steal your account, there's a processing fee so you have to pay more, the savings the devs make wont pass on to the consumers, and theres more

Uhh no, kids weren't buying CS.
Believe it or not, prior to 2010 PC gaming wasn't like console gaming, most of the people who played on PC were adults/young adults.
Any kids who played on the platform were usually the children of grown ass men and women who played on PC themselves and just let their children use their computer from time to time.
That's how my dad got me into PC gaming.
And trust me, I was playing 70% F2P shit and console shit, until consoles decided to become shit some time around 2005 and I stopped wasting time with them.

They're literally not owned by Tencent.
They don't publish anything, they outsource an in-house engine
Game devs don't care where the game gets sold because they don't make money from that, the publisher does.
0/3 buddy

Yes. You, however, clearly weren't.

I haven't pirated a game in ten years but it looks like im gonna do a lot of pirating in the coming months

I stopped pirating because of Steam. With Epic's exclusives I will just rent the console version

>Too much of a cuck to even pirate
How do people this pathetic even exist?

You people couldn't larp any harder if you tried lmao. CS was literally the Halo of PC games because it's what all the squeekers played because unreal and quake were too hard

Attached: 322.jpg (1311x882, 76K)

Piracy is a service problem and Epic provides an abhorrent service

Uhh no, the Halo of PC games back then was Runescape.
And GunZ.
And Rakion.
And Gunbound.
And Maplestory.
And Ragnarok Online.
And every other F2P game that was popular from 2000-2008.
You're a mongoloid, kids mainly play F2P shit, even today that's usually what they play, the only difference is that now they also spend $200 a pop on microtransactions since mommy and daddy are dumbfucks who give their kids their credit cards.

If you're still a buyfag, why? This is the perfect opportunity to actually do what is right to fix the industry. Some retard company is literally paying devs if their games undersell so you are given free license to pirate anything.

profits don't equal installiation you moron every f2p game operates on whales

That still doesn't change anything I said. Do you even know what you're responding to?

Tencent has a majority stake in the company, like it does with riot games and hi rez, various others, all the freemium spyware games.
Your reading comprehension is omegashit, they are making deals with publishers like take two interactive for the exclusivity rights, not the game developers, borderlands and metro teams for example were disheartened by their publishers causing this issue

There is no bonuses given to game devs on epic games store, it's all publisher related and is for upping their quarterly numbers for stockholders

Never ever buying on epic games store u fag, get flossed on nigggggggger hope u buy 5 games for every one I pirate :^)))

Except if there were more people playing on PC there would be a higher share of revenue regardless.
Fortnite kids are consoleniggers, through and through, they don't play PC games.

Said the guy renting valve games

1989 Tianamen Square Massacre

>Too much of a cuck to even pirate
How do people this pathetic even exist?

>shows that this isn't even remotley the case
Move faster Cheng.

Attached: do-you-need-help-moving-that-goalpost.jpg (1600x1064, 1.1M)

This. These exclusive deals aren't going to last forever. They want to provide enough games people can only get there early on so when people see a choice to buy a game somewhere in the future, they will consider Epic since they have a library there.

Friendly reminder that Epic is trojan spyware.

Probably not, but that's because I'm not in a dire financial situation. I don't know what these guys are dealing with or what their worries are. But I do know that taking the easy money is not a reliable way to grow. Any actions that negatively affect the people who have taken a chance on me should be carefully considered because the consequences of this action could reverberate for the rest of my career. It's not like in this context I'm some faceless suit in a company so distanced from responsibility that it will never fall directly on my shoulders, but these developers are not protected by anonymity.

Tim Sweeney has a majority stake in the company
Making deals with publishers doesn't make you a publisher
Game devs dont get payed from game sales and do not care.
0/6 now

>profits don't equal installiation
Good thing that wasn't the question you fucking idiot. Christ, do you retards even read whayt you're responding towards or do you really just c/p whatever you think is appropiate from some chink cheatsheet?

Of course they copypaste from a script, all marketers do. And these brainless Chinks don't even speak English.

What the fuck are you even talking about? Your claim was that Fortnite and Epic launcher is analogous to Counter-Strike and Steam, which is demonstrably untrue as Steam literally did not exist during the rise of Counter-Strike and only became a thing with the release of HL2.

Another blatent and easily disproven lie like them being owned by chinks. It's like you people are intentionally trying to make the people who don't like Epics store look like retards.

Attached: 1548697071601.jpg (1038x634, 263K)

In my case, and I can only speak for myself, it doesn't matter what Epic ever does in the future. I've written them off. They'll never get a penny from me even if they do miraculously become a monopoly and have complete control. I'll just abandon buying games ever again. I've written off many developers and publishers for life for less than what Epic is doing. I'm not sweating the loss of Epic's exclusive library and I never will. Though I understand my principles put me in the negligible minority that doesn't change the fact that I have the stones to stick to them just because other people don't care.

In other words I'm not encouraging people to boycott. I endorse people do what they feel is in their best interests. If this isn't an issue for them then there's no problem. If it is then do something about it.

Attached: 1378599983411.jpg (800x600, 62K)

Your reading comprehension is still bad, I never said they were a publisher u fag, you absolute buffoon, you gooknut sucker lollololl
You are still wrong about the rest but there's no use, you have double digit iq and definitely deserve to be an epic games store pleb lol

>This pic
>Zero replies from chankoro shills again
I can't remember a single thread where bugman shill at least tried to argue against it.

>sweeney literally admitted on twitter and reddit that chinks runt he show
>he doesn't know what a publisher is
>devs admited in multiple amas that they get money directly from epic
6/6 now and nothing but a bunch of lies and poor attempts at defection from you. But keep living in your own little bubble, makes it easier to laugh at you.

Attached: --10.jpg (1600x1600, 173K)

>Another blatent and easily disproven lie like them being owned by chinks
You won't be an intern for long if you keep on spouting easily disprovable lies, espeically if yourt boss himself is the source of it.

Attached: No, not the insects, no bugmen here sir.png (776x498, 60K)

>Sent from my Huawai smartphone

>sweeney literally admitted on twitter and reddit that chinks runt he show
Post the screen cap then. Because every source I can find says sweeney owns >50 percent and tencent owns 40

I'm gonna show you how to get fucking tons of free games and doing it legally.

>Step 1
Make a separate email and make an EGS account. Separate because people get their emails hacked by chinks after signing with Epic.
>Step 2
Only download the free game deals that happen, current one is The Witness which has been cracked normally.
>Step 3
Find a patch to crack the DRM on the game as it's just the same as Steam's basically or...

Just pirate the fucking games.

Attached: 1553361251524.jpg (960x912, 173K)

>easily disproven lie

Not even trying you worthless insectoid.

Attached: add24c_6992482.jpg (1531x3522, 1013K)

developers usually have 0 say in this process
>spend months talking to community and getting a good reputation going
>instantly lose it all because your boss didnt even consult you about the change that it was going exclusive weeks before release instead of just releasing it everywhere so they can get extra money
>you see 0% of this extra money and get near 100% of the hate of this occurrence.

>decide I will actually buy anno 1800 instead of pirating shit for once
>have $60 ready to buy it on release since pre ordering is shit
>less than 3 weeks before release
>AYYYYYYYYYYY WE EPIC NOW
yep, going right back to torrents

Halo 1 was on PC you dumb cunts

I played Blands 2 with a friend over hamachi back in the day and had a blast.

I know 100% i wont be able to pirate the online once it releases on steam ,but who knows maybe the epic store online is more breacheable and some sort of pirate servers can bet set , we ll see.

But i dont think i will be buying BL3 , if its pirateable online great if not ... well there are a lot of games out to play , im not half as hyped about it as i was about Bl2 back in the day

Ironically, devs flee to epic because they pay out for pirated copies. So the ones to blame is none other than piratefags pushing the devs into epic. Not that they'd realize, pirates are too drunk on poor justifications and lack even the slightest self awareness to realize that yes, devs don't like you pirating their stuff.

People are mad them too. Is it somehow impossible to be mad at both in your mind? As with any successful bribe, both parties are to blame.

Well thanks for paying for my copy Epic.
And thank YOU buycuck, for paying extra for my copy.
I really appreciate it.

>every fortnite kid has it installed
Every CSGO kid has Steam installed.
Doesn't mean they're buying anything except another copy of CSGO when they finally get slapped by VAC.

>claim ten quadrillion copies of your game were pirated
>epic can only pay you by making you a majority stockholder
>sell fortnite to valve and user data to china
>become richer than moot and retire early

Pretty sure they thought of you little scam and have measures against it, or every single Russian will pump out a scam game for free money

They're barely even a blip on Steam's radar. I wish they could contend but they won't even have three times the games they have now by this time next year.

Its possible
Increased adoption of Steam and the year or so when Denuvo actually worked as advertised reduced piracy. However, piracy is difficult to stop and decreases slowly once it begins and becomes ingrained in a user demographic, and Epic may inadvertently cause a recession in the general PC gaming market (which ironically Steam would be by far the best positioned to survive).

>what are flashed drives and burned games?

Anno isn't even epic exclusive, it's on Uplay as well

Epic Game's EULA.

4. User Generated Content

Any content that you create, generate, or make available through the Epic Games store application shall be “UGC”. You hereby grant to Epic a non-exclusive, fully-paid, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, transferable, and sublicensable license to use, copy, modify, adapt, distribute, prepare derivative works based on, publicly perform, publicly display, make, have made, use, sell, offer to sell, import, and otherwise exploit your UGC for any purposes, for all current and future methods and forms of exploitation in any country. You may not create, generate, or make available any UGC to which you do not have the right to grant Epic such license. In addition, you may not create, generate, or make available any UGC that is illegal or violates or infringes another’s rights, including intellectual property rights or privacy, publicity or moral rights. Epic reserves the right to take down any UGC in its discretion.

Attached: 1554073535812.jpg (500x279, 15K)

Epic Game's EULA

8. Indemnity

This section only applies to the extent permitted by applicable law. If you are prohibited by law from entering into the indemnification obligation below, then you assume, to the extent permitted by law, all liability for all claims, demands, actions, losses, liabilities, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees, costs and expert witnesses’ fees) that are the stated subject matter of the indemnification obligation below.

You agree to indemnify, pay the defense costs of, and hold harmless the Epic Parties and their respective employees, officers, directors, agents, contractors, and other representatives from all claims, demands, actions, losses, liabilities, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees, costs, and expert witnesses’ fees) that arise from or in connection with (a) any claim that, if true, would constitute a breach by you of this Agreement or negligence by you, (b) any act or omission by you in using the Software or Services, or (c) any claim of infringement or violation of any third-party intellectual-property rights arising from Epic’s use of your UGC or Feedback. You agree to reimburse the Epic Parties on demand for any defense costs incurred by the Epic Parties and any payments made or loss suffered by the Epic Parties, whether in a court judgment or settlement, based on any matter covered by this Section 8.

As used in the above indemnity provisions, the term “Epic Parties” includes the developer of a Software or Service licensed to you under this Agreement (whether Epic, its affiliate, or a third party) unless you have agreed to Game Specific Terms for that Software or Service that include an indemnity of the developer.

Attached: 1554065463570.png (681x821, 929K)

>I know 100% i wont be able to pirate the online once it releases on steam
You're 100% retarded
Use hamachi/tunngle, it worked in the first 3 games. Can play with friends/arranged randoms just fine.

>searching isn't a part of their MVP
Is their software programmed by fucking pooinloos?

Attached: 1384632378757.gif (300x169, 1.2M)

>r/atheism

Attached: 32.jpg (390x310, 28K)

They are just here to prove that piracy is indeed a service problem.
Who knew that charging people outside the US and europe even more for games makes people rather pirate them instead.

You don't need a search when Epic Games fairly rotates all the game banners through the front page every day.

LMAO

This reads like a completely ridiculous rule but it's basically the dota rule or the "viral content" rule. Basically, if somehow you create a new game genre, they can take it and essentially own it, but do note that it's not exclusive, meaning whoever actually made it can do whatever they want with it, too. Same goes with screenshots, videos, what have you. It's stupid as hell and if it were ever actually abused, the blowback would be cataclysmic, so I really doubt it could lead to anything all that bad.

But you're not here to actually discuss any of this, are you, you're just looking to make Epic look bad. Go read other EULAs, they're all equally abhorrent. Wild will be the day when these are really challenged in court, because some of the shit stuffed into them will make the judges' heads spin.

Attached: 1547853565998.png (1460x999, 2.88M)

40% of Epic Games' shares are owned by Tencent.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epic_Games

One of the board of directors at Epic Games is a Tencent employee. Rumor is there's a second.
crunchbase.com/person/li-wenlei#section-overview

>Tencent dominance of the Chinese market comes from its control of content discovery, user acquisition and distribution
technology.ihs.com/604579/wegames-global-release-illustrates-tencents-strategic-ambition-in-games-distribution

Why is this important? Tim Sweeney went on record saying he "takes no orders from Tencent." This is a facetious lie. 40% ownership of a company puts Tencent in a position of power to completely liquidate their assets and bring Epic Games to its knees if they wanted to. Tencent also has complete control of video game distribution in the Chinese market, only playing second to the Chinese government itself. This means that for Epic to have its games released in the largest market on the planet, they must adhere to the demands of Tencent's directors that have been planted at the top of Epic.

Also, the owner of Steam Spy is Sergey Galyonkin, who is also Epic Games' Head of Publishing in Eastern Europe.
gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-01-14-sergey-galyonkin-epic-games-store-courting-new-younger-audience

Let's also not forget that the Epic Games Store has been caught scanning every facet of your PC. No, not just your Steam's friends list - everything.
reddit.com/r/PhoenixPoint/comments/b0rxdq/epic_game_store_spyware_tracking_and_you/

Tencent is no different from Huawei, a company backed by the Chinese government to dominate the western market it exists within, giving it complete and uncontested access to the private information of billions.

Attached: 1528905649514.webm (1259x992, 1.85M)

Fortnite, Unreal Engine and Tencent

>40% ownership of a company puts Tencent in a position of power to completely liquidate their assets and bring Epic Games to its knees if they wanted to

Wrong

Honestly, I think that EPIC is going to be fine and despite the impotent rage of the type of PC player to socialize on forums and youtube videos any game released on it will suffer very little.
But then i've always thought I was an average bloke and i've already pirated EPIC exclusives and will definitely be doing it with Borderlands 3. Before EPIC I hadn't pirated a game in six years or so.
If a standard NPC fuck like me is pirating maybe it's not just a bunch of words thrown around.

Attached: 1534412996856.jpg (451x451, 18K)

>Let's also not forget that the Epic Games Store has been caught scanning every facet of your PC

Why are you citing some Reddit moron who has no idea what he's talking about or looking at?
>Yea Forums: Reddit is filled with morons!
>also Yea Forums: This Reddit post from a moron proves my point!

kill yourself.

I would pirate
sadly they got nothing worth doing so.

Attached: 7836737181.jpg (800x751, 52K)

>every facebook kid spreading this bullshit pic without even understand why it's a mumbo jumbo bullshit
I cringe really hard every time.

Attached: 1406693951428.jpg (565x403, 71K)

Epic are making a platform to release games doing the same thing Valve did when they started and now valvekiddies are upset because they're idiots.

Also Epic only take 12% and Valve take 30% so developers have no reason to stick with Steam since no one uses all of its 'extra' features anyway, its a glorified warehouse which rips developers off.

Congrats you'll all caught up.

>no one uses forums
bruh

70% of Steam sales is still more money than 88% of Epic sales. That's why Epic needs to sweeten the pot to make the games exclusive in the first place.

Because its literally absurd beyond reasoning, all of the shit is exactly what every third party distribution platform does.

Take for example pointing out location awareness. How the fuck do you think Steam tracks your location in order to offer you games in your own currency? You never elect this information its taken by Valve automatically.

Additionally if you ran the same scans on Steam you would find the exact same results, because thats what all of these platforms do. Even if you read the T&C of Steam you would know it explicitly says you give permission for Valve to take all your computers data.

>Epic are making a platform to release games doing the same thing Valve did when they started
Valve started off buying out exclusivity rights from developers?

>no one uses all of its 'extra' features anyway
Steam's "extra" features no one uses recently stopped me from buying Trine 3 after enjoying Trine 2 with a friend since it was full of reviews about how it's a buggy mess, and helped me fix countless issues with my games thanks to posts made by all the non-existent users who found out how to fix it and let everyone else know too.
Get a real job Epic shill.

They literally dont.

I guarantee 90% of steam users spend 99% of their time on the store page and the library page. Even profiles have completely fallen off the radar even with Valve trying desperately to get people to care with all these badges and levels and shit no one collects.

Dont get me wrong, Steam > Epic. But thats irrelevant, people buy games not platforms and people will buy games on Epic store even if the store is shit because people want to play games and if they see a trailer for something cool they will go buy it.

In a years time, absolutely no one is going to care about any of the shit you people are bitching about in this thread, not at fucking all. Whether Epic is used is going to be dictated entirely by its games library, nothing more and nothing less.

user, the fact that people had to go to Steam's forums to get help with Epic issues should be a very blatant sign people still use it.

I was going to buy BL3 until I heard it was going on Epic.

Now I'm pirating it not only because it's on Epic, but because Epic will probably have some bullshit "feature" where you're only able to play with other people who bought the game through Epic.

Pirating it will be infinitely more convenient since all my other friends will be pirating it as well now, and so I can play with them.

占占点

Attached: 1544916253927.gif (548x401, 192K)

>before Epic store
>"Valve are lazy because they don't make games anymore"
>after Epic store
>"HAHA Fuck Valve drones I'd rather falseflag as an Epic shill for attention then do anything else!"

When will the contrarian infestation fuck off?

Attached: 1553813614256.jpg (591x639, 98K)

Never, this site was founded on contrarianism. Why do you think we can't leave?

So to sum up: Epic isn't trying to compete with Steam so much as it is trying to outright destroy it. Despite everyone's protests about how their store is threadbare and barely functional, people WILL sign up for it and buy B3 because they don't want to wait six months for it to be on Steam. And the problem is only going to get worse because thanks to how ungodly profitable Fortnite has been, they're free to buy out even more exclusives down the line. It's a brute force method of forcing people to use their storefront, instead of a fair competition of offering a better, more secure and reliable service than other launchers.

It's almost as if capitalism is an anti-consumer nightmare, all paths to massive profit are paved with forming monopolies, and the "free market" ideal capitalists champion has been a lie the whole time.

Attached: 1305601096146.jpg (950x713, 73K)

wtf are you talking about nigger kids don't play anything else than forknife for them epic is just their fortnite launcher also its fucking free why the fuck they would waste money in other games when they can buy the newest skin from the last season

The dumbass part is Valve has several games in development, one of which is a single player game. But ofc contrarians will say "Hurr yeah some lootbox shit lol"

Attached: 1552349719855.png (791x400, 62K)

>bases this on survey that was sent to consoles where kids have never opened a desktop as proof

normies will buy it on consoles, pcgaymers will pirate it. epic sales will be very low

>Starts a new era of piracy, because of a game store
>But didn't want to start a new piracy era in the era of half baked games.

Attached: 1547348066684.jpg (588x823, 75K)

Well he's dipping the red from all these exclusives and free games so it can't be that profitable

Attached: Untitled_1.png (618x473, 48K)

>not falling for his exclusivity bullshit is actively damaging Epic by Sweeney's own admission
Oh damn, there's no way I'm buying their bullshit now.

Can you really guarantee enough PC players will pirate the game to cause an actual, visible impact that Epic will have to respond to? Or is this just wishful thinking on your part?

Well yeah, you have to spend money to earn money. They're taking all of their profits and investing them in buying exclusives because they believe it'll earn them larger returns later. Unless you're putting money into something for a charitable/environmental concern, you don't invest without expecting return.

Epic doesn't decide the prices, the dev does.

Attached: 1550546665792.jpg (567x392, 43K)

Never. This board is so contrarian is almost sad. All you have to do to convince Yea Forums to feverently like something is by telling them the mainstream hates it.

Mainstream loves breathing

The only reason I started buying games in the first place was the ultra convenience of Steam. It's like turning my PC to a console. I also like streaming my games to my TV when my cousins come over so they can play some stuff in ultra graphics. They love it which makes it worth.

EPIC MAN BAD
STEAM GOOD

Attached: 1553450664513.png (700x700, 432K)

We thought Denuvo will change the publishers' mind when gamers started pirating en masse. Look at where that went.

Nobody i know pirated because of Denuvo.

Not the case with EGS. Everyone I know is pirating Outer Worlds/BL3

>Everyone I know is pirating Outer Worlds/BL3
Everyone you know says they'll be pirating it.
As much as i'd approve of it, let's be real.

>All these faggots defending a platform that sucks triple A dev dick
Reminder that not only is Epic cheaper, they even pay for Unreal Engine's royalty. Even if the prices are the same, more of it would go to the devs.

Attached: 1534738972206.jpg (124x111, 3K)

AHEM

publisher*

BL3 is going to be the first game that I'm pirating in 5 years. I'm scared that once I get a taste I will go back to my old ways of VPN'ing free stuff lmao.

Everyone I know who are/were interested in those games. Shouldve clarified.

Epic wants to take over, but to do that you need to knock out other competitors to do so. This means GOG, GreenManGaming, Robot Cache, itch.io, and others I dont remember off the top of my head could actually go the way of the Dodo with how Epic is acting.

You won't relapse if you're anything like me. I easily switched to piracy for Metro Exodus and had no problem buying Sekiro

where can i torrent the games bros, I'm not giving my credit card to the chinks

It'l bel kind of like what's currently happening with TV streaming and TV piracy. When there were only a few, Netflix and Hulu and what have you, piracy dropped a lot, because why bother going to the effort of pirating when it's cheap, faster, and easier to get it legit?

But then every single channel and studio and such decided that they wanted a cut of the pie, their own streaming service! Now we've got CNN and Disney and Funimation's own proprietary streaming services with a fraction of the coneant, and such and the old ones are left hobbled by having their libraries stripped bare by this frenzy. Coincidentially, TV piracy has gone through the fucking roof, because why would you pay $7.50 a month to watch one show, when your single streaming service before gave you a hundred good shows for that price?

It'll be less pronounced in vidya because DRM platforms/storefronts aren't paid services (yet), but still. You'll see the effect.

Attached: 1553923376215.png (900x900, 390K)

there'll be plenty of links going about when the game comes out.

thing is I bet randy will release a shiter version that has an impossible boss or something cuz pirates

desura doesn't even exist any more dumbass

Can I get a single good argument for why I should use the Epic store besides "It has some games Steam doesn't"
The launcher itself sucks ass, lacks basic features and instead of improving it Epic has shown that they'd rather just pay people off so that they don't have to bother improving it. Not to mention all the security issues and spyware shit.
I don't even want to compare it to steam, I just want one person to give me an ACTUAL reason as to why I should use the launcher for it's own sake without comparing it to it's vastly superior (albeit still flawed) competition

Attached: youvegotthatwrong.jpg (1200x1038, 172K)

You can browse their entire library in seconds.

Attached: 1352006750986.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

There's no reason to use it over stream

the only thing is it has going for it is that it has some games hostage

also it has some guy from egypt log into your account every few weeks.

CAN I GET AN AMEN TO WHO ALSO GETS SHITER SECURITY ALERTS FROM EPIC ITS LIKE THERES A SECURITY FLAW OR SOMETHING

Exactly. The entire idea is not to make the Epic Store ONE possible storefront, but THE ONLY storefront. And with so many of these games being distributed digitally, what happens when those storefronts were gone? What happens to your game libraries when Steam's gone? Game preservation for physical games is already a struggle, what happens to digital-only games?

There really ISN'T a good excuse to use Epic's store. It's horrible from the ground up. But they have the games that Steam doesn't, and for a lot of people, that's attractive enough of an argument and literally the entire reason why Epic's going on this shopping spree. There's no point in trying to defend Epic here.

Attached: Dm35UDFX4AAX832-orig.jpg (760x689, 62K)

Attached: 1457653871927.gif (356x200, 607K)

Based

>Basically, Epic is bribing developers to put their games on their stores exclusively(Most games are timed exclusive, so after a year, Steam will start selling them too) to try and "compete with Steam".
Also known as "offering a better deal"

Attached: 103666044-RTX2AQXH.530x298.jpg (530x298, 20K)

you should be mad at the publisher and epic. don't buy the game on epic and don't buy it when it goes to a real platform either.

Yeah and once they stop doing exclusives theres nothing to attract consumers since they'll never match what steam does, due to policys

>I just want one person to give me an ACTUAL reason as to why I should use the launcher for it's own sake
lol
Good luck

With Bethesda coming back to Steam with its tail between its legs and Microsoft straight up giving up on their own store and deciding to go with Steam, I think it's pretty clear a decent amount of PC people won't just buy a game on a shitty launcher just because it's a game they were looking forward to. Piracy on Epic Game Store games will probably be through the roof and Epic probably will never get the dedicated users in the numbers they're wanting to keep their storefront profitable with all the exclusivity deals they're making

well argie here already pirated metro and ashen , will do the same with outwerold and borderland , funny thing all the good will and market grow that steam achived is going back all my friends like any sane human being will not buy on a store with worst regional pricing and refunds , and people are starting to torrent and seed massively i salivate thinking what will be in a few years if this "exclusivity" thing keep s happening , a good call back tot he 90s were everibody and their mome used to pirate , wish good luck to the devs maybe the epic store incetive will work out for them what i know is i will keep playing their games for free in the relative future if they keep doing "exclusivity" deals

And pass the fees onto the customer! how progressive

Epic store is what Steam was for you when you were a kid

kek i dont remember paying for video games when i were a kid and certainly i wont now after this , but you are correct the times will be like when i was a kid the good old pirate days , i wish good luck to the developers because the time for paying a video game ended with their migration to the chink store

So Epic now is just reinventing the wheel of what an online shop should be? damn that might take a while. we won't know if it will be successful.

>piracy was on a downward trend, with denuvo lasting weeks if not months at a time for certain games either due to a new version or a lack of interest
>now this happens and piracy is becoming mainstream again
it is a new golden age
>inb4 ebin chinese shill responds

Attached: 1540088319451.png (241x245, 10K)

welll Yea Forums? so this is Epics fault?

Attached: hahahhahahahahahahahahah.jpg (1118x1632, 1.06M)

so does denuvo still work as release window damage control, or have the crackers figured out a quick procedure yet?

Read the replies to that post you fucking retard.

This is actually fucking hilarious, Yea Forums has that viral marketing autist demoraphic that does steam trading, game key selling, credit card stealing and buying digital items. IF Epic succeeds it will decrease the greasy, scammer anime, demographic from those people lmao.

Oh this is hilarious no wonder why there is so much fucking mild irrational reasoning to hating another launcher.

Where's your argument? I'm looking for it but I don't see one. All I see is you crying.

Only for Valve.

Yes, they seem to have encourage a new breed of crackers. This next decade will be lit af

Blocks your path

Attached: 1554431102920.jpg (480x270, 18K)

Epic give the publisher money
They make dev's game EGS exclusive without consulting the dev
backlash happens
publishers get away scot-free and leaves the devs to deal with the backlash

>Epic give the publisher money
they """""buy""" copies to fake sales numbers

no, i'm pretty sure they directly bribed TakeTwo for the couple of games they publish being EGS exclusive.

Greetings, Mr. Shapiro

the bribe isn't straight cash it's a promise of x copies sold. they get the money and get to pretend their game sold.

just push GoG or something.

> Russia
Picture is neat, but it doesnt show piracy rates.
My coworkers always pirate, and they dont care about steam.
One of them asked my help to buy a new gpu, then I learned that he downloads every game from torrents, sometimes burns them on DVDs.
Another one asked my help to clean his notebook. Same thing, except he plays WoT but its not an AAA singleplayer game. Now he plays new Metro, and I assure you he doesnt care if its available on steam or epic store.

I think everything datamines now

same reason people used steam in 2003
to play games that are on steam

It's fine, consoles and pc only games exist.

Just say it's for anticheet and then muh ranking fags will praise it.

I think the point is the spyware is what's really getting put to use there.

Epics going to exclusive games from here on out

How do I say learn how to fucking read English in Cantonese?

>Out right cash for every single "wishlisting" of the game on steam.
Wait is wishlisting something that devs have stats for?

Should be. I can't imagine it wouldn't be considering how hard they try to remind people to use the system during events and sales to compel participation.

>Epic store is what Steam was for you when you were a kid
A piece of green garbage that came with Half Life 2?

Yeah, seems to be that way minus the green

Honestly, fuck the Epic Games Store. I'm going to buy the Master Chief Collection, Rage 2, and Total War: Three Kingdoms if the reviews are good, but I'm first week pirating The Outer Worlds and Borderlands 3. I haven't pirated games in years but I don't feel bad because Epic Games has already paid for my copy with their Fortnite Bux in their exclusivity deals.

The only thing better than indiscriminate piracy is completely justified piracy.

Attached: 1404447878389.gif (250x188, 967K)

yes, devs know how many people have their game wishlisted

if you're dumb enough to be upset by the epic store your probably too dumb to pirate anything without infecting your machine. have fun idiots hahaha

What absolute pathetic damage control.
>ha ha don't pirate our games it's dangerous just spend your money gweilo

real pirates wouldn't care about stores they would just be pirating. anyone who claims that they are gonna go pirating now because of a store change is an idiot for either spending their money in the first place.

Spoken like someone who has no idea what motivates people to pirate in the first place. You think it's always about the money. It's not.

pirates dont care about your problems or your shitty stores. doesnt matter if you think you have a purpose your still a scum bag like me. dont try and hide it behind some activism bull shit.

>your

I can't take any bullshit like this seriously when it's written by some ESL fucktard.

yo-ho yo-ho a pirates life for us.

no I'm calling our your preschool-level grammar you fucking dunce

Its easy guys next time you rip someone off just tell yourself you're a piece of shit. the truth will set you free

>pl-please don't pirate our games it makes you a bad person

Don't be mad. Be a pirate

>he thinks I only pirate my games on PC
lol

Awaken, buycucks. Epic is paying for the copies """not sold""", so you can't even argue against it like a moralfag.

Attached: 1554214631350.png (834x998, 146K)