I haven't played a single Pokemon game since Platinum came out. Is it worth playing any of the followups?

I haven't played a single Pokemon game since Platinum came out. Is it worth playing any of the followups?

Attached: $_3.jpg (500x375, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wwww.youtube.com/watch?v=usuKnzJLoHU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just stick with gen 5.

Play the newest one it's pretty good

Best versions to get?

Play HGSS, BW and BW2. everything after that has been mediocre.

Just depends on your taste in pokemon.
Look up the version exclusives and go from there.

B2W2, that's it.

The gen 5 sequels are better but nothing wrong with playing the first bw games.

Xy gets A LOT of shit, but they're fine. Or you can play ORAS
Absolutely do not play gen 7 though

>Or you can play ORAS
Are they as good as Emerald?

I feel like it would be a lot less satisfying if you didnt play the original first.

the problem is that black has better exclusives but white has the white forest :/

no battle frontier and they gimped the sky tower. I would rather replay emerald 9 times out of 10.

>tfw prefer the technological look of Black but like White Forest

>Or you can play ORAS

Attached: 1446499281358.png (370x316, 21K)

Only gen 5.
Everything after is straight garbage.

Not OP here, whats the best on 3DS?

HGSS and BW2 were the last good, and imo also some of the best games, in the series

Everything after that starting with and including X&Y has been straight up worse than any of the pre-gen 6 games, and the series only got worse and worse with every single release after that point

I was in the same position as you, i have since played black 2 and sun. honestly black/white 2 are some of the best pokemon games ever and you should at least give them a try on emulator. Regarding sun/moon i liked the games but they were seriously stunted by all the handholding, im not sure i would reccomend. cant say anything about gen 6 as i havent touched it.

HG/SS, Gen 5 and ORAS (this one is controversial on here, but it's good)

I wouldn't play any of the Gen 7 games. I can't recommend them. This is probably a bad place to ask though.

Why do people like BW2 so much?

No. ORAS is a half assed title that they only remade for money and status quo. It's the only reason I don't want a gen 4 remake.

Reunicles and based freedom bird> gothithelle and mandibuzz.

Attached: giphy (2).gif (500x388, 497K)

Yes. Better if you don't care about the Battle Frontier.

This.

None of them are good, but I'd say the least shit out of those on the 3DS is X&Y

But honestly just replay the earlier games if you have the itch, or try the early digimon games

Play HGSS > BW > THEN BW2. It's still worth it to play the first set of gen 5 games IMO

I wish XY could have got it's redemption third version/sequel game. The main problem with XY is that it felt almost like a "beta" game because gamefreak was still learning how to develop on the 3DS.

Super mystery dungeon.
wwww.youtube.com/watch?v=usuKnzJLoHU

Attached: SI_3DS_PokemonSuperMysteryDungeon_enGB_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 326K)

>because gamefreak was still learning how to develop on the 3DS.

Well we have the entire gen 6 and gen 7 behind us now and they still don't know how to

Red > Crystal > Emerald > Platinum > White 1 > Black 2 > SoulSilver

That's basically what I've played over the years. HGSS are fantastic, but I still have a huge soft spot for GSC.

Cringe

this is the absolute worst taste ive ever seen

Attached: 1554335326886.jpg (567x392, 43K)

I'd play HGSS and ORAS. It probably won't get any better than HGSS.

You daft twat, it's not order of preference, it's the literal order that I've played them in.

Ignore the retards telling you to play HGSS, it’s still has the same shit problems from GCS. Just BW and then BW2.

>white forest
Useless since thwy have a gimmick where you need to trade with people to get them in white forest

So.. White or Black?

Black

>actually recommending ORAS
>recommending ORAS to a longtime returning fan
>ORAS

That ""remake"" should've never existed. One of the most repulsive Pokemon games I've ever laid my hands on and I wish I've never played it.

Attached: to.png (574x438, 242K)

Best of Gen 1: FR/LG
Best of Gen 2: HG/SS
Best of Gen 3: Emerald
Best of Gen 4: Platinum
Best of Gen 5: BW2

Stop playing Pokemon there. Bonus points of you have a DS with a GBA port.

I'm not sure you understand how generations work user
>Best of Gen 1: FR/LG
>Best of Gen 2: HG/SS

No

Attached: 98ABA0DF-1F7E-4DA4-A55A-8F55120C007E.png (1052x1613, 610K)

download a GBA/DS emulator and play some romhacks. Many of them are just upgrades of the base game that include shit like being able to catch all pokemon in-game and not having to trade to evolve pkmn like kadabra and haunter.

It is going off the generational regions.
Otherwise it would just be a list of the expanded remakes.

>play the unfinished Kalos region over the flawed but fun Alola region

What

X/Y felt like the Diamond and Pearl for 3ds where they had a good groundwork but were just inexperience and some dumb design flaws made it through the finish product. But could have easily been amazing if touched up upon with a Z version like Platinum

>tfw there are more """"""""legendaries"""""""" than normal mons

Nothing wrong with liking both

Play the BlazeBlack/VoltWhite romhack.

gen 5 is fantastic
xy is pretty good
oras is trash, skip
sun/moon is trash, skip
us/um is mediocre, skip

good improvement romhacks:
nameless firered
drayano's hacks (sacred gold/storm silver is his best imo)
red++
red dx
polished crystal
altered emerald

good romhacks with major changes/oc:
crystal clear
sweet
orange
prism
blazed glazed
clover

>first games on DS hardware were complete ass
>next 4 games where 3 of them were great and black/white were pretty good for first game new gen standards
>most skipped set of games in the series

i fucking hate normies and genwunners for eating up XY like they did

Attached: video game censorship reaction.gif (300x221, 941K)

ultra beasts are closer to mythicals than legendaries

I played White 1 then Black 2.

Fuck outta here.

Attached: trash.jpg (484x350, 38K)

Dont listen to this retard. Gen 7 is fine if you dont mind cutscenes. Dont play ORAS. Stick to romhacks for Hoenn

How is that any indicator of how good the games are? Fucking retard.

Gen 5, everything after is trash.

The same ones for the DS. Except gen 5 looks bad blown up on a 3DS XL.

/thread

Mystery Dungeon is where its at niggas. especially the first one. Damn that ending got to me.