Why can't we have a Pokemon game that's just a relaxing slice of life...

Why can't we have a Pokemon game that's just a relaxing slice of life? I don't want to be a fucking battler who takes down an evil organization and catches Poke-god. I just want to do normal things with Pokemon on the side

Attached: IMG_20190404_143340.jpg (640x360, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/N3D8Aa2WUhM
youtu.be/O3BXQzRX_Es
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think that's why pokemon sales have been declining ever since XY, because they have become SOULLESS. The only fun to do in XY/SM/LGPE is battling because there's no overworld to actually explore. Everything's a glorified hallway with invisible walls and painted on doors that give the illusion of an immersive world but it's all lies. How can we fix the franchise?

Attached: IMG_20190404_143342.jpg (640x360, 53K)

That might be what Let's Go turns into if they continue the series
All of the pet minigames in the 3DS games could be ported into major aspects, and I could see it working pretty well as a sim/RPG hybrid

I've been saying this for years now, Pokemon x Harvest Moon. You know you want it.

I had a great idea for a fan game of this but sadly need programmers

>slice of life cancer

You've already ruined the anime industry with this shit. It's time to stop spreading that garbage. Pokemon needs to stick to being shounenshit. Since capeshit is the greatest genre in the world. Don't forget to watch End Game this month, faggot.

Initially the adventure of these games are what drew people to playing them. semi-open worlds with a progression structure that allowed you to go back and find new things, however minor. Not unlike a metroidvania.

Then they started focusing more heavily on the core gameplay loop of catching/training mons. As the original audience for the game grew up, the adventure stopped really being an adventure, and moreso just being a slog because it was written for kids. Kids didn't buy into the newer games for whatever reason you may choose to believe, so they focused more on their existing audience, and catering to them. A new generation came around, and a move to 3D was possible, so I can forgive x/y for being a bit lacking , but there's no excuse for the gen 3 remakes or s/m. They're just bad games, because they're too focused on catering to /vp/ instead of developing a game that kids would want to play.

Overinflated budget, retarded expectations they refuse to break, the games won't ever improve, because when they try to change things, they're putting it in it's own title, which will obviously fail because pokemon spinoffs have a tendency to fucking flop like that.

Try Pokemon Channel.

Attached: Pokémon_Channel_Coverart.png (220x309, 135K)

>I want a casual game to be more casual
nu-Yea Forums, everyone

I wish they incorporated pokemon I.to the world more
Stuff like riding Pokemon and amie and stuff like that is a good start, but we need a big leap.

This aspect is ironically the one thing that's improved drastically from XY onwards, compared to the previous games. They just need to devote more time to stuff like amie and stop getting rid of following pokemon and have more riding pokemon and stuff like that.
Next step would be better use of pokemon to interact with the enviroment and do things outside of battling, though I suppose that goes outside turn based JRPG territory. Pokemon are supposed to have all these amazing abilities but all you can use outside of battle is shit like cut or fly.

play harvest moon then you fucking cunt, kill yourself.

this game has so much soul, does it emulate well?

It should definitely include more of these things. But you'd need a convincing open world.The technology exists to create something like pic related. But who's going to invest?

>Le soul meme

Only kids need buzzwords because it's too hard to write down what's in their head.

>SW:G but Pokémon
Want

>Let's Go
>aka the casual of the casuals on easy mode
>getting a slice of life
nah, if you mix both it will be more boring than it already is. leave slice of life to visual novels or kino games

Shut the fuck up. I bet you're one of those XYZ fags who think that youtu.be/N3D8Aa2WUhM is a good battle

Attached: 1552010882257.png (873x644, 973K)

>Initially the adventure of these games are what drew people to playing them
The social aspect was what drew people to it. You didn't even have to play the games to be part of the Pokemon fandom, you could just collect the cards, watch the anime or play with the toys, but within the game itself it was all about building your own teams, battling, trading, sharing knowledge etc. most people didn't even know they were playing an RPG.

Attached: 1378753411281.png (266x236, 57K)

Fuck off secondary.

Because it's a shounen series and shounen retards are allergic to peace.

wait, is that whatever the fuck is... beating a MEGA evolution who resists x4 against it?

Because not everyone is a fucking beta like you.

Pokemon single player has never been good. The only strong point the series has (aside from music and girls) is the competitive multiplayer and the meta peaked with gens 3 and 4 and has been downhill ever since. Not sure why people play pokemon anymore

If you want an good single player monster RPG theres so much better out there and I'd recommend one of the DQM games over pokemon for single player any day of the week

unironically looks good, and I didn't know Sceptile could mega evolve too

Man, anime really is absolute fucking garbage.

Attached: 1499462146801.gif (200x150, 2.11M)

So much this.
I liked Team Skull because they seemed like people a young kid may actually be able to deal with if there were a bit above average instead of the mega corp. that somehow has adults using the same Pokemon that a toddler uses.

Play detective Pikachu

>slice of life
It won't work, pokémon would just be shoved apart from plot involving human-to-human relationships. Unless it's a pokémon title like Mystery Dungeon where only pokémon exist.

youtu.be/O3BXQzRX_Es

Is unironically better without being over animated

That's a stupid idea! Nobody wants that! What REAL Pokemon fans want is an open world MMO with all the regions! It would be EPIC!

Attached: 1527659047_maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 175K)

Holy shit
Looking at this again for the first time in years, it almost looks like a parody of shonen anime

I mean, Pokemon is a shonen anime so idk how it's a parody

souce

Imagine the smell.

Learn 2 code

Cute. I wish I had a Pokefriend.

It's screenshots from the most recent movie "Power of Us"

Is there really a reason to socialize anymore when you get something sentient, self-aware and overly intelligent like a porkyman.

>You've already ruined the anime industry with this shit.
isekai is here to save you from moe

Is the sun/moon anime almost to the pokemon leagure?
That's the only time I care to watch it since I may get to see some of the old pokemon battle. Even though that hasn't happened the last couple of leagues.

Imagine
>tfw no pokemon game where you are a simple farmer with your fellow pokemons
>tfw no pokemon game where you take your pokemon to the forest since there's no ranger to protect you
>tfw no pokemon game where you can watch the pokemon league while you cuddle with the person you chose to marry.
>tfw no pokemonn game with calendar and events.
Please nintendo

Attached: aDream.png (452x402, 318K)

>no CITY BUILDING GAME with toads
>no FARM GAME with pokemon
>no MUNSTER HUNTER GAME with pokemon

nintendo hates money

Pokemon definitely need more spinoffs. We have some, but I feel like they could, and should, do more. One like you said, or a spinoff entirely dedicated to a grand jRPG solo adventure with a battle system tailored for it or something. Catching them all, battling against your friends, or online, trading and shit is fun, and it's what makes Pokemon what it is, but it will also prevent the formula to change. And it's fine, in a sense. As such, spinoffs are where they should try different things, with different scopes. For the recent ones, Detective Pikachu and Pokken were cool games. Snap was cool as well. Never tried the Rangers, I really should.

Attached: 1553432327210.jpg (1280x720, 623K)

You've fucking read my mind. I came here to post exactly this.

>Old-ass Venasaur that was once a young Bulbasaur your Grandpa tamed because there were no Pokeballs back when
>Helped construct the farm you live on but is getting old
>Incentivized to go tame wild Pokemon in the forest like your family before you, but one from the city or buy Pokeballs and capture them as a middle ground
>The friends you make along the way are people from the city, fellow farmers, crop-stealing kids, the wild Pokemon themselves and many more
>Could still sprinkle in Pokemon battling if they so wanted, but as a facet to the game and not a selling point, out of self defense or physical conditioning or competition for prizes that will improve the farm

It would literally be free money

The really shitty thing most Pokemon spinoffs is that they get review bombed for not being like the main game, even worse when its a different genre. This series literally can't have something new without it being shat on in favor of more Kanto.

Attached: 1533247787940.png (300x300, 170K)

Imagine spending your time showing your Pokemon shit on the train.

Let's face it, any world with pokemon would just be filled with NEETs barebacking their gardevoirs and lopunnys all fucking day.

And there would be a whole gradient of multiple kinds of stds

Pokemon will (and is already) going the way of DQ. Can't change anything or else the autistic fanbase goes into a collective hysteria. At least, as far as music goes, we're not stuck with shit sounding midi with horrible composition.

Attached: 1269734557435.jpg (544x763, 149K)

slice of life is the single worst thing ever

>Not training your pokemon up to absurd levels, then only using them to do mundane shit with nobody able to stop you

Attached: GetTheFuckOutOfMyWay.jpg (1200x900, 695K)