You... You killed him, didn't you?

You... You killed him, didn't you?

Attached: file.png (452x452, 385K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jee4TI1VHDk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Damn right. Did you see that club? What a prick.

Attached: file.png (678x826, 578K)

b-but it's me! your trusty knight in shining armor, Garl Vinland!

You're next bitch gimmr that demon soul.

5-2 best swamp level. The others were too easy.

Maiden Astraea is probably the most striking design I’ve ever seen in a game. Something about the stark contrast between her gentle appearance and her blood soaked robes and the fact that you meet her at the bottom of one of the most grotesque levels ever in a game gives her encounter a very eerie feeling. Her lore says despite her kindness, she has the darkest demon’s soul and while that may seem strange on the surface, the way she is presented tells you how only one which is truly lost can ever conceive of hope in a situation that the maiden found herself in.

The music in this fight is so great

isn't her soul so tainted because she's taking in the corruption of those around her to ease their suffering?

Pretty much. I just wanted to fanboy about her clothes. I can never look at her design and not feel.

Des really got gimmicky bosses right. this one left a larger imprint on me than Flamefucker or any of the other boss fights proper.

Here's hoping Miyazakis next game goes back to experimenting, his latest games have been a bit stale and rely way too much on the combat side of things.

Has anyone here played Déraciné? How was it? I want to play it just for the premise + Miyazaki but alas no PSVR to play with.

Ape escape was pretty kino desu.

Yeah a guy that stands in your way and does one attack and an NPC who kills herself is definitely more innovative than mechanics that actually impact the core gameplay.

I think what really helped the feel is that the focus was clearly on world design rather than intricate gameplay systems. DeS is definitely a bit rough around the edges mechanically, but you wanted to explore for the sake of seeing what's 'over the hill' rather than just playing because you find the combat fun or whatever. That made her questioning of your actions much more interesting. to me at least
I think if DeS had the same super kinetic feel of later Souls titles, Sekiro or Bloodborne it would have actually detracted from that feel of being lost in a strange land where you really didn't belong.

It’s more about the impression it left on players. Maiden Astraea was pretty memorable for thematic reasons.

>"we are peaceful"
>everyone in the areas tries to kill you

touch fluffy tail

It was. Later games had much better boss fights considering the pure mechanics, but I forgot half their moveset afterwards because it doesn't matter. And the boss fights themselves. Maiden Astrea will forever be stuck in my head, also the music. It was a complete break of any expectations on many levels.

>sticky white stuff

>>Des really got gimmicky bosses right
>storm king
>dragon god
>fool's idol
>monk without online
>right

Attached: 1553308130493.gif (240x266, 3.86M)

Yeah those bosses with decent gameplay but absolutely nothing else memorable about them are really great huh? Sometimes story, tone and atmosphere can provide all that you need for a boss fight.

But I'm sure you haven't played Demon's, so why are you here?

Talk shit about DeS all you want but the idea behind the Monk fight was brilliant. I never had so much fun in an action game.

the idea behind all the fights were fine but the execution was lacking with most of the gimmick fights

>Demon’s Souls had so much soul it survived five iterations

Attached: E8B5A43F-AEF8-4F63-9361-9C52D4C7DEBE.jpg (818x640, 81K)

they kinda reused the idea for mirror knight in ds2

>Coveteous ones, let it be known. We shall defend our hearths and home to the death.

Attached: garl-vinland.jpg (300x425, 29K)

I dont think gimmick is a good term. There Unique bosses, maybe less combat based more lore based?

Divine Dragon was gimmicky but so very much kino. Maybe you should be more openminded?

youtube.com/watch?v=jee4TI1VHDk