OUTER WORLD IS A FLOP?!

What the hell happen?! Why is it being shit on right now. I though people were happy about this game. Even normies are shitting on it.

Attached: 20190404_135831.jpg (720x1280, 255K)

Other urls found in this thread:

epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/the-outer-worlds/home
youtube.com/watch?v=mOl-HE-6rS0
youtube.com/watch?v=3dajGzCKRYw
youtube.com/watch?v=J3cRpYGVPsU
youtube.com/watch?v=6ixpOzeeTZs&t
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

cause it looks lame

looks gay as fuck. Probably a day 1 pirate.

>looks gay
>gotta get it day 1

Attached: 67774332.gif (415x212, 2.85M)

from the looks of it I'm not even gonna pirate it

It doesn't look terrible but after watching gameplay footage my interest in it went from minor to zero. Maybe pick it up for a few bucks in a couple of years if there's nothing else around.

>obsidian
>expecting anything after pillars of equality

Attached: really nigga.jpg (333x500, 126K)

Steambabies are mad about epic store exclusivity, the game looks great.

You can buy the game here if you are against steamfans abuse: epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/the-outer-worlds/home

Make sure to follow the developers social media as well.

And also wishlist us on steam.

>you social score has improved by 4 points
Keep up the good work comrade. Everything for the great party.

Attached: 習近平 .jpg (225x225, 6K)

If you fags hate it so much it must be fucking great.

>modern Obsidian
>Epic Games Store
pick one

but probably the second one

because Anthem was so good, right

everyone's pissed because it's going to be another epic store exclusive, slowpoke

That doesn't count, it's EA/Bioware.

reddit spacing, go back

Did you watch the video? What did you like about it? Trash graphics/animations or shitty cringe dialog?

Based Jinping. When are you launching 5G worldwide? And will you nuke Canada for shitting on Huawei?

it's just a big Fallout 4 mod

fpbp

After this horrible video I'm even more mad

and Obsidian hasn't made a good game in almost 10 years

>>gotta get it day 1
a "day 1 pirate" doesn't mean "I'll get it day 1" you fucking retard. It means that it will be cracked the very day it will be released

Reminder: Every Epic exclusive you pirate makes them run out of cash and their business strategy fail faster. Save money and decentralize game distribution at the same time CHANGE THE WORLD. YES WE CAN!
youtube.com/watch?v=mOl-HE-6rS0

>everything Yea Forums hates is good
>no not that game it doesn't count

Epic store happened. wouldn't have ever replied to this thread if that announcement wasn't made

>Looks like garbage
>Day 1 pirate

Why are pirates retarded?

i never buy games until theyve been out a year and are cheap as fuck on sale. many people do this. has nothing to do with steam. you are bad at damage control and should get into another line of work. game looks ass, son.

Attached: liarman.png (600x317, 231K)

Don't post twitter gifs if you don't want to look like a shill

i dont give a fuck about epic store
the game just looked lame in its e3 reveal, dont rope me into your bullshit you faggot

Not only has it never meant that, but the quality of the game has nothing to do with how long it takes to get pirated, except that more popular games tend to get pirated earlier. Handball 18 is still un-cracked after all.

You fucking retard.

Its anti-epic store babies throwing a shit fit.
Like youtube down votes are a measure for anything

It's obviously the epic store issue

Tencent has never used voting stock in any company it has shares in and China being a 21st century Nazi Germany is not why the Epic launcher is terrible

based

Steam, after the Bethesda launcher blew up in your face

Epic games store exclusivity killed off any hype for it.

>d-do i f-fit in yet?
Calm down redditfriend.

Tim Sweeney literally said Epic's board of directors (which includes Tencent) votes on every issue

epic shit aside, it looks really bad
about as bad as any Fallout game

What about playing it on Xbox or PlayStation?

>not noticing the last line of text

yikes

Todd always wins baby

>any Fallout game
That's the point. All it needs is a fuckton of bugs and it's indistinguishable from Bethesda.

>FPSes on console
I'd sooner use Epic

>mommy I want to fit inn!!

>playing singleplayer games on console where there is no mod support

That doesn't help either

this. The animations are trash, the UI is probably one of the worst, if not the worst UI I have ever seen. The font is fucking ugly, voice acting is trash,...

I know, you'll never fit in.

steamtards crying because they can't buy a new level 5 .jpg badge to unlock another bio section on their profile

At least you'd get to play it at all. People seem to only hate it for being Epic exclusive and wouldn't hate it if it wasn't.

I was going to pirate it if it was on Steam or Epic.

It's one of the worst games I've ever seen. They thought it would be funny to have a weapon that warps the face meshes of NPCs.

I dunno, I haven't enjoyed any Obsidian games since Avellone left, and even before that PoE wasn't terribly good.

>has nothing to do with how long it takes to get pirated
So? Why are you telling me this?
In the end, a day 1 pirate implies that the game will be cracked the very day it releases. Never did that user say something along the lines of "I will pirate it on day 1", all he said is that it will probably be a day 1 pirate. Just accept that your reading comprehension is utter garbage

Technically it's not a flop, the publishers grabbed the guaranteed revenue from Epic.

Yeah, I mean personally I think it looks alright, nothing that's GOTY material though, but I liked New Vegas enough to be open to trying this.

Yes, people let FNV janky-ness slide because it was using Bethesda shitty engine, now they have no excuse

Attached: 1402123509310.jpg (285x280, 15K)

Actually a good one
3/10

Attached: 1549392796022.jpg (1200x1200, 133K)

that's day 0

most of the NV devs aren't at obsidian anymore. the entire writing staff has since left

>watching Angry Pedro
cringe

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

who planned this fucking panel?
they're telling everyone it's a good old RPG with tim and leonard, it will be our new fallout, blabla
then they show 20 min of shooting random npcs. with horrible combat and AI i might add.
show a fucking quest or something

I'm tired of all those games with a good budget, that uses very static environnement.

Look at Half Life 2, a game who came years and years ago. The game feels alive via its physics. Things move, things have a feel. It feels like you can interact with your environnement.

Games in the vein of Outer World have been very polished graphic wise, with beautiful effects and particles. But they lack the elements that makes the game "alive". Things feels "bland", the physic is very limited. It's walls with nice textures, but the people, the world, it's almost like a dead brick.

Look a game like Dying Light. The World building is static, because it's fucking house made of bricks.
But you have the wind, the weather, the lighting. The crows eating flesh.
Your character is verty articulated, athletic. You can see his feet, his hands. He picks up things smoothly, opens up chests and door without a cutscene.
The zombies, they are dozen and dozen and they feel alive, they move organicaly, the animations are waves. Throw them between eachothers and it's dominos.
And the sound design, is just the final polish on what is the VISUALS and FEELING.

Now there's all those games with what I personaly call the "Fallout 3" feeling (works with Oblivion too).
While Fallout 3 is a good game, the feeling is rigid. Interactions are just you pressing E to gather items, and interact with stuff without your body being involved.
The sound is nothing exceptional, but does the job. Gameplay elements are nothing exceptional, but it works.
But the game came out in 2008, 10 years ago.

Now take recent games with similar FPS or RPG elements, and just add beautiful texture, cut off gameplay to cater to casual players.
While it doesnt make a game bad, it can feel very underwhelming when they sell you a game like it's something new and shiny, but feels rigid and empty, empty of soul and charm.
A soft-chinese like itteration of a game idea.

Eurojanks stay real, with a fair price.

Literally looks like fallout NV 2.0 I don't see the problem people have with it and I like some of the gameplay mechanics i've heard so far like their take on the VATS that works better for an FPS

>trash game
>epic store exclusive
why would anyone care about this pile of garbage

I'd argue Half Life 2 (and source in general) holds up well graphically because of photo scanned in textures.

Also
>While Fallout 3 is a good game,
boi

Mate come on, Fallout 3 and NV were decent the time being.

I would say Fallout 4 was trash considering its quality for his release date. Something Skyrim barely dodged.

>WOKE game developers
>ugly ass character models
>uber cringe dialogue
>boring as fuck story
>looks like a shittier Bioshock
>2002 WRPG design

No thanks, I'll stick to my weeaboo ninja games.

Attached: 2D vs 3D.png (800x797, 616K)

95% of it is whining about muh epic store

I love seeing PCfags crash and burn
>Lol console plebs have to fight over exclusives
>this happens

far cry 2 and fallout 3 came like month apart from each other.
far cry 2 still looks and plays decent.
fallout 3 feels like shit.

>I was sitting in the back row. A bunch of people left. They just kept going through the dialog, which was not voiced, and expecting us to like... laugh at the dialog options, which at least half of the room could not see.

OH NO NO NO NO

Wow, so you wanna tell me that a garbage studio has put out another garbage game?! wtf

>far cry 2 still looks and plays decent.
good one

Attached: 1426604977809.jpg (200x200, 10K)

The user implied the quality of the game is related to how long it takes to pirate, you are both dumb retards

Not him, but comparatively to every other Far Cry game it does.

no. 2 is complete shit

day 1 pirate implies that the person will pirate the game on day 1, not that the game itself will be pirateable on the first day of it's release. I can see where you got your definition, but it's never really meant that here, consider if maybe your reading comp is actually garbage

2 is kino as fuck you plebian.

It looks like shit and there's the whole epic exclusive thing. nuObsidian is not the same company who made New Vegas or KOTOR2, and Cain/Boyarsky isn't enough to save them. It honestly doesn't even look like it would be worth pirating.

This is Rick of Rick & Morty, here to tell you that Epic is the future, and Steam is the past!
WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB

Attached: the-outer-worlds-1152x648.jpg (1152x648, 102K)

Fallout New Vegas was a buggy mess but it doesn't look anywhere near as bad as this you fucking shill.

>looks gay as fuck. Probably a day 1 pirate.
this is EXACTLY what that user said, how does "looks gay as fuck" combined with "a day 1 pirate" imply that this user will pirate it on day 1? Why the fuck would that user want to pirate it on day 1, if he thinks the game looks like garbage?

I agree for the most part. Most developers don't understand how interact-ability. physics, destructible shit, etc can really make the world come alive. This is part of what makes RDR2's open world so good, you can interact with virtually anyone and everything and there's always stuff naturally happening in the world

ok retard

>ditched instagram thot
100% based, despite Cringette

>unironically liking nuObsidian

Attached: scum.png (317x296, 134K)

>PC platformwar fags are no better than consolewar fags

Attached: CKUjN9PXAAAn6jU.jpg (504x336, 31K)

difference being the only people defending Epic are unironic shills

The game legitimately looks shit though?

>I don't like it so people who do are shills

trick question, no one actually likes it.

Why would anyone legitimately like Epic?

In 1989 the Communist Party regime of the People's Republic of China murdered 10,000 peaceful civilian demonstrators in cold blood in Tienanmen Square. Never forget.

Attached: methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F21435dbe-18e5-11e9-abc2-c39e91e3ea05.jpg?crop=1296%2C729%2C43%2 (685x385, 37K)

the only shills here are the ones mindlessly attacking a new platform in the name of protecting the steam monopoly

Sorry, I don't want malware on my computer shill.

just pcbros hating on it, soon you will see them praising fallout 76 just because it will be on steam

Absolute state of shills

Unironic shills ands people hungry for easy (You)s

Attached: 1552076554393.jpg (750x934, 99K)

If you havent noticed even redditors are shitting on every game involved with Epicfail-Store

Not just redditors, pretty much everyone on every single videogame-related is unhappy with their shit.

It's Epic Exclusive so all the retarded Steamniggers are crying like faggots

Name?

Ayaka Miyoshi, international supermodel

Attached: aef579d93a6e45ca766371110afd367e.jpg (853x1518, 121K)

you gotta use the Chinese translation for that to work user

>Buy our game!
>No, we won't.
>WOOOWWW STEAMDRONES MAD AS FUCK STOP CRYING OH MY GOD

It's because of the Epic exclusivity, dumbshit.

>OOOOOOH, LOOK AT ALL THE *ABSOLUTELY SEETHING* VALVE-KEKS!

1989年,中国共产党在天安门广场杀害了1万名和平抗议者。不要忘记。

>WHY AREN'T YOU BUYING OUR GAMES??
>N-NO WE'RE NOT CRYING YOU'RE CRYING

Attached: 1552543850417.png (683x751, 136K)

>one video gets unlike brigaded because of epic store antics
>It's a FLOP??!?

No, nigger.

Attached: 1249960861334.jpg (858x539, 65K)

Combat looks very meh and the dialogue only had 2-3 options. Setting I think looks pretty cool(kind of a bioshock in space before everything went to shit) but not enough to carry it. It's probably going to be a pirate or a 5$ sale deal.

Game looks bad
Obsidian lost all their talented developers when they weren't paying any of them
Epic Exclusive, but that's a good thing since every single Obsidian game EVER has requires minimum 1 year to bugfix the heap of shit so China is paying to beta test it (and also paying for your copy if you choose to pirate it, there's no financial loss to Obsidian since they're covered)

>And also wishlist us on steam.

This is what made your bait jump from 4/10 to 5/10.

>What the hell happen?!

Attached: 1449931545783 (2).png (920x900, 227K)

>like GOG
>hate DRM launchers
>criticize epic
>this somehow means I like steam

Tell your wrangler to restrict your internet use.

Attached: 1551908318536.jpg (1000x563, 333K)

Excuse me for not wanting a literal chinese malware installed on my PC. Doesn't really matter for outer world as the game just doesn't look that good. It will probably end up scoring around a 7, be forgotten by 95% of people who played it and have a small 5% niche of people who praise it as the second coming of christ.

That and well
>nuObsidian

Starting to consider resorting to cheat codes for Blazing Bull. This fight takes fucking forever, the camera is godawful, and the fight itself does not feel like it belongs in this game. Whoever the fuck designed this fight needs to be hanged, jesus christ.

Many we happy about the announcement, then are shitting on it after gameplay and Epic store exclusive.
Is this how so many felt about We Happy Few before and after it was turned into a survival game?

The Chinese have seventy-eight words for rice but not one for empathy or freedom.

Attached: newflzdhh8211.jpg (2048x1399, 421K)

They also don't have a separate word for "murder," only "kill."

THE USUAL OBSIDIAN FLOP!!!!!!!!

Game's gay, developer's homosexual

>Obsidian lost all their talented developers when they weren't paying any of them
Seriously? How broke was Obsidian before they were bought by microsoft?

Yep.

wtf is going on here

>a new platform
but its offer nothing new or good for the consumer

i bought metro exodus for $10 cheaper due to price competition from a new platform

developers earn more money due to competition from a new platform

steam might actually start producing good first party titles again due to competition from a new platform

but who cares. lets all use one monolithic platform because using multiple launchers is too big of a task for brainlets

Using multiple launchers isn't the issue. Most people already use multiple launchers. The issue is that Epic is just one launcher too many.

how can it have flopped if it hasnt released yet

>i bought metro exodus for $10 cheaper due to price competition from a new platform
cheaper than where exactly?

they were always struggling to stay afloat. publishers rarely hired obsidian twice because they were notorious for milking the money teat, developing a reputation as swindlers within the industry. when they finally reached the point that nobody would hire them they spun themselves as perpetual victims in crowdfunding campaigns

it was $60 when listed on steam

>implying i would buy it for full price on steam

Attached: 1553511901351.png (433x493, 106K)

Devs don't get paid for sales you colossal retard. It's amazing how Epic advertising ousts the retards who regurgitate slogans they don't understand.

Attached: 1489614283567.png (300x250, 20K)

they're attacking a new platform for
>using anti-competitive scummy business tactics
>stepping over the bounds of what's considered proper etiquette for what an application should be able to do
>being owned by the proxy arm of the chinese government
>attempting to force cultural change in an environment that is very much not theirs
why do retards who defend epic always strawman the shit out of even illegitimate arguments
like what the fuck
get better shills holy shit
you people are horrid at your jobs
for fuck's sake CIA psyops training materials are freely available

Epic Games Store literally only has better pricing in the US, nowhere else. They wouldn't be able to afford it otherwise.

>using multiple launchers is too big of a task for brainlets

I have installed all of them, including Epic, and after what I learned about how they operate and the lengths they're willing to go to stand out, I can safely say i'll take my business else ware. To me, I want every game on every launcher and platform, so to say that I can only play a game on one service isn't necessarily a bad thing, but when the service is stealing games from other platforms and offering them on an inferior platform or format, It becomes one. Epic doesn't even offer refunds(EU Law?), let alone basic quality-of-life features like a shopping cart, reviews and ratings or even more basic features.

Taken on it's own merits, what does Epic Store offer that Steam doesn't? You mentioned you got the game cheaper, and I know the devs get a bigger cut, but what else?

ok so racism against chinese people is why Yea Forums hates the epic store, this is all coming together for me now

hating communists isn't racism sweetie
you can bet your ass most people here would defend taiwan

Publishers. The publishers take a bigger cut.

Gee I wonder who's behind this post

Attached: 1554409390169.jpg (1095x1115, 842K)

>Never did that user say something along the lines of "I will pirate it on day 1"
Except that's certainly the context that I use it and have consistently heard it.

>all these epic shills complaining about "steam fanboys" when the game looks like UTTER TRASH

Attached: 1514011272713.jpg (3523x3304, 950K)

Epic Game store exclusivity.

MORTYYYYY LETS GO TO CHINAAAAA

what a fucking joke lol obsidian cucks

Go back

This is total nonsense. What's the matter with you?

1st of all: EGS exclusive. The Outher Worlds was in the "first wave" of EGS exclusives which made it take a huge hit of negativity and it sticks. Compare that to Borderlands 3 which hasn't really been met with anywhere near as much negativity (although still a noticeable amount) even though it's much bigger franchise

2nd of all: It just looks kinda garbage. We never really had enough gameplay to go on before, but the gameplay shown off here in the PAX east walkthrough is just bad. It looks super underwhelming and quite frankly, not fun to play. I had a mild interest in the game before this, but now I have zero interest in buying this. Maybe it's worth it as a used copy in the bargain bin on console for a quick playthrough in 4 years? It just doesn't look good.

What?!

This. Obsidian hasn't been good post NV when they had to let most of their staff go so Bethesda didn't buy them out. This game looks like shit and Boyarsky and Cain cannot save it.

>I had a mild interest in the game before this, but now I have zero interest in buying this. Maybe it's worth it as a used copy in the bargain bin on console for a quick playthrough in 4 years? It just doesn't look good.
This so much. I hope this was a extremely early build because this looks like dogshit.

What fucking brainlet thought it would be a good idea to show this when there isn't even voice acting done for the demo? Even just something to use as a placeholder, it makes this look so much worse when characters lips are moving but not saying anything.

>This game looks like shit and Boyarsky and Cain cannot save it.
Aren't they the original creators of fallout? How they let this go to shit?

>Yea Forums: reee voice acting ruined video games
>also Yea Forums: reeeee not having voice acting ruined video games

Attached: 1530315712616.jpg (615x400, 42K)

Boyarsky was the art director and lead artist, Cain was the producer iirc. There's also Brian Fargo but I'm not 100% sure on what his role was.
But the game is going to be voice acted, it just makes it look worse when it zooms in on a characters face and they don't say shit while their lips are moving. It does not help give a good impression of the game, and the only reason you'd defend it is if you are a epic shill or obsidian fanboy.

>because using multiple launchers is too big of a task for brainlets
Its not about being a brainlet its about them being a legitimate detriment to your PC while most are absolute trash

>le respawning checkpoints is a feature not a bug
"No!"

>a "day 1 pirate" doesn't mean "I'll get it day 1" you fucking retard.
Yeah it does. It's what the sentence commonly applies.
>It means that it will be cracked the very day it will be released
No it doesn't. You're a newfag and a retard and your whole post was a fucking trainwreck.

>Cain and Boyarsky streamed 2 hours of them playing the original fallout at some point
youtube.com/watch?v=3dajGzCKRYw
Neat.

Holy shit! Why did Microsoft hire these douchebags again?

"Timothy Cain is the original creator of the Fallout series and setting. He was the lead programmer on Fallout and one of the six people responsible for the game's original design."

So what was Fargo then?

It's one of the handful of pictures showing the aftermath of Tienanmen Square incident.

Brian Fargo was the founder of Interplay and was the head of the company when Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics were developed and published. While he did not work directly on any of the Fallout games; He was one of two of the producers for the first Fallout game, Fargo also worked on Fallout's predecessor - Wasteland as a director; and the intros of all three of the aforementioned Fallout games include the words "Brian Fargo presents."

looks like shet

Based, when is China going to conquer America?

The guys have become exhausted from riding their bicycles, nothing more

It's probably why the publisher decided to go with them. Easy money and don't have to worry about shit. Know your game is going to flop? Con EGS into putting up money so you remain in the black.

Based, ditch instagram thots

>us

absolutamente basado

Attached: 1457325514793.gif (325x244, 1.84M)

>Epic store happened
Yoho and a bottle of dgaf. It's still using gamebryo engine, and the presentation quality was bad (let's fill in our empty voiceless RPG presentation with giggly, awkward devs). That video did not do them any favors.

I mean, let's be honest here, the published signed this deal with Epic because the game fucking blows and they are unsure if they'll be able to recover their investment.

Attached: 1531226651443.png (481x481, 184K)

>shitty grammar
>normie
Leave.

What makes you think that user?

>ITT:

Attached: 239C59DD-942A-480A-BC43-0FF623EE30FF.jpg (1016x675, 120K)

2 million they got from epic is about same they would get from 50k copies sold, it's basicly nothing.

Another epic shill
Yeah if you like having no security on your account, paying a tax to use their platform, and buying games from a unfinished store go ahead and buy from epic
Really it doesnt matter if you buy a single game and use the launcher just for the game as people probably do for most launchers. Aslong as it doesnt become your steam replacment

>It's still using gamebryo engine,
You would think Obsidian would use a different engine (after the Fallout 77 incident) but they're still using that trash.

I dunno
>Obsidian has a shit track record of releasing broken games
>their last two releases were flops
>Avellone is out
>new, unproven IP
I'd take Epic's bribe too, let them deal with the rabid mob.
was the bribe value even disclosed?

>NO I'M IN CHARGE

Didn't Chris Avellone exposed Obsidian for the useless fools they are? He even exposed their money scam.

sneed

I keep seeing threads about this game but no one ever posts screens. what gives?

Why does this game feel so generic, like Pillars of Entirety?

phoneposters

>like Pillars of Entirety?
Really? It looks more Bioshock to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=J3cRpYGVPsU
youtube.com/watch?v=6ixpOzeeTZs&t
Here's some gameplay, go nuts.

I mean how Pillars setting felt very generic and typical fantasy world, the only different thing being the whole soul shit.

this moving over to epic saved me $60 i would have shelled out for the game just on principle. I would have liked nuO to not be shit and work on fun rpg games, but they had to go epic exclusive and simultaenously release some of the worst pre-release footage I've ever seen. It's so bad I'm not even going to pirate it.

Because it's so generic. It's just an unholy mixture of Fallout and Borderlands.

You have a point there. To me though it does have a very "Tides Of Numenera" vibe to it.

>Outer Worlds gets announced
>HOLY SHIT TODD BTFO HOW WILL BETHESDA EVER RECOVER
>Epic Store Deal gets announced
>nvm this looks lame af who cares

>HOLY SHIT TODD BTFO HOW WILL BETHESDA EVER RECOVER
Only retarded fanboys thought this. Obsidian hasn't been good for a while now.

>Didn't answer the question his post is responding to.
I'm disappointed nobody else caught this.

I stopped giving a shit the moment they pulled the exclusivity nonsense. I'll let the plebs beta-test I'm a very patient person and I'd rather get it on sale down the line regardless. It will probably be shit though.

RIP Obsidian,
Heads are going to roll in that studio if this game flops.

>outer worlds gets announced
>could be interesting
>gameplay revealed
>nein