It's another "smash online sucks" episode

>Be in a good mood
>Play smash online
>First match
>3 player monkey in the middle when I wanted 1v1
>Lose
>watch people T-bag until match ends

Why should I even bother playing something if this is the best it has to offer? I don't think there's ever been a game that could consistently put me in a worse mood than smash. You're either forced to wait in a lobby or you're subjected to playing with little kids in quick play. The only way to play is stick to your main and only 1v1 or waste your time waiting in line within an arena.

I don't say this often, but what the fuck were they thinking with this shit? You can't even report someone without exiting the online mode. Even then you can only report one person every 24 hours. It's like they made it so that if you want to genuinely enjoy the game you get severely punished for it. I'd try and enjoy the single player, but the story mode is trash.

Attached: 1554347368308.png (275x275, 126K)

Why would anyone pay to play online

I want to fuck AC characters

>pick 1v1 Battlefield No Items
>get 3v3 All Syages Items Enabled
>lose thousands of GSP because of it

Attached: mad.png (629x1173, 166K)

>Robin
>4 million
>Yay
>Match me with my counters or spamming Belmonts
Fuck me I got myself to 4 million but fuck i don't want to go down again. Let me in Elite reeeee

Attached: 1550134185265.png (226x216, 72K)

Based Sableposter

Anyways back on topic, you're right. Everyone says Arenas are better and while it's true that lag is nowhere near as much of a problem in Quickplay, it fucking sucks having to wait. There's nothing to do. You can't even spectate the current match to pass the time. Why?

Attached: bestgirl.png (200x200, 55K)

as in Quickplay*

Attached: CCFDC1AA-A8E6-46B2-83B1-0FAF01FE778F.jpg (491x652, 48K)

>implying all stages Hazard-less isn't the thinking man's ruleset

Attached: 1511223774819.jpg (640x480, 81K)

The worst thing about arena is there there is only one area to play. If someone is playing and you want to play you can't do anything. They seriously couldn't even add at least two? Guilty Gear Xrd had 4 areas to play in one arena so why wouldn't this?

Attached: gg lobby.jpg (1280x720, 206K)

Elite is another can of worms.
>Get my favorites to Elite
>Want to play FFA
>Only get 1v1
>End up rarely playing them in QP because of this

AND
>Want to play as a different character
>Not an Elite
>Want to do 1v1
>Only get FFA and teams

I can't fathom how dumb someone has to be to think up an online mode like this.

Attached: 1550636480278.gif (500x375, 847K)

No way dude. You've just arrived at the [Clown Fiesta] where people are trying to meme or lag exploit their way into Elite Smash (thinking it actually means they're good) only to get shot down as soon as they get in. Then they proceed to never learn what went wrong and keep trying again and again in an endless cycle. Even if you are as skilled as you believe yourself to be, you're still going to have to slog through a bunch of players trying to get a quick, silly win off of you.

>4m Samus
>3.9m Simon
>3.7m Isabelle
>GSP gain in the 10k range
>GSP loss for hundreds of thousands

Attached: 099ADF8A-5868-4C77-9D79-2A71CB03C98F.jpg (848x1024, 83K)

I don't see why we can't at least mess with our "my music" settings. It's like they expect you to get on your phone or something. I don't want to do that, I want to play smash.

>Pick 1v1 no items stock
>Get put into 3v3 items on 5 minute timed match

I wouldn't be mad had it not been a 3v3. 3v3 is absolute cancer when it comes to smash. It's constant fighting to avoid being the monkey in the middle.

Attached: zSAMwim.jpg (1920x1080, 278K)

>3v3
I meant 3 player FFA.

Attached: 1539722091783.gif (165x180, 45K)

>play online
>constantly fluctuate between 3.8m and 2.7m depending on how many times I rematch opponents online trying to learn matchups
>always settle back to 3.5-3.8m max at the end of the day
>try not to worry about GSP but feel like I'd be learning more on Elite Smash even though I know I should just be using something like Anther's Ladder if I want to improve
>continue going back to Quickplay like an abused spouse
>tournament at the end of the month
I'm gonna drown in pools aren't I

Attached: 1520184889852-fit.jpg (1384x640, 45K)

Speaking of My Music, it fucking sucks in Ultimate online. I believe in previous games it was fit to your personal settings, but now it's based on the "host's" settings in Quickplay, so don't expect your favorites to ever come on unless everyone leaves and new people start joining after.

Balance out QP and arenas, user. Don't let anyone tell you GSP matters either. All of it's a learning experience. Just keep grinding it out.

1v1v1 in quickplay is the most cancerous shit ever. It always goes to fucking time since nobody approaches

>not making people listen to Ring Ring

It drives me nuts when music is playing on a stage that it doesn't belong on. Why would anyone want to listen to environmental noises?
If it really is based on others my music during QP and it's not random then some people have absolute trash taste.

I made an arena for anyone interested.

>4 player
>3stock 6mins
>FS meters on
>No hazards
>Choose stage
>VC off
>ID 1BV3V
Enjoy yourself.

Attached: 1550625322778.gif (200x200, 160K)

Just a reminder that there is a /ssbg/ on /vg/ but it is heavily populated by Discord trannies

It's still up, but I have to walk my dog real quick.

Are those dicord faggots still there when we had smash threads on Yea Forums?

>be me
>have fairly good PC specs that can run Melee and Brawl
is Netplay viable? I had trouble installing it but is there a reliable guide out there?

Attached: 1554329170573.jpg (700x525, 72K)

let's face it guys. smash ultimate was a mistake. it obviously took a lot of development time to make all those stages and characters... but that's it. That's all the game has. the online sucks, and there's no single player content outside of the stupid spirits mode. where's the fun? I finished all the challenges and got all the spirits over winter break right after I got the game and that's ridiculous.

oh also did i mention the online sucks? why cant i change fighters between matches? i get the reasoning is """matchmaking""" but it's fucking stupid and i dont care

I'm back. It's still up.

I like the choice of music.

>teabagging
They better bring back goddamn taunt limits.

Attached: HAAAHHH.png (464x579, 116K)

>pick 1v1
>get 1v1
Man you guys must live in some desolate shitholes.

I was so close to beating Cloud that I could almost taste it. And thanks, I thought it would go with the thread.

>tournament at the end of the month
Pound? I'll be there drowning in pools too.

Nah, Come to Papa 3. It's local for me

Atropos, that last kill was hilarious.

>the best online Smash is through a fucking emulator
Anther's Ladder and Faster Melee