I'm playing FF1 for the first time

anything I should know?

Attached: ff1&2covergba.jpg (224x225, 8K)

yeah, get ready for kino

Monks break the game, but you should play with 4 white mages

You're playing the wrong version.

Nah it's pretty straightforward in that version.

NES era JRPGs are shit.

You are playing the best version.

Why? For both of those statements.

it starts getting good at III

The GBA remake sucks and ruined the game by fucking up every major mechanic and making the game permanently stuck on easy mode to boot. Play the PS1 version instead.

Quit early if you dont like the game early on.

Monks don’r require weapons to deal damage but are extremely boring.
The first character in your list has the highest chance of taking damage frome the enemy, second character has second highest, etc.
Red mage can actually suffice for healing needs but you might struggle a bit without white mage in the high end endgame bosses.

See this tunnel?
Go down it.

Attached: earth-cave-giants-hallway.png (512x448, 1K)

Red mage is OP with haste.

BALS TO THE WALL

That's the best-looking version in my opinion, but it's not worth it man. It's painfully easy throughout and is missing the final endgame dungeon the 20th anniversary PSP version added later. If you're gonna play it, get that one instead.
Either way, prepare for post-game content out the fucking ass.

Play the PSP version

don't listen to this retarded snoy the GBA version is the best because it reduces grinding and it has some extra dungeons

DO NOT PLAY THAT FUCKING VERSION. God damn, it ruins the game.

You have two options: Play the original NES version with a bugfix patch, or play Final Fantasy Origins for PS1. Please don't ruin your first experience with this game by playing one of the new casualized piece of shit versions.

Its not missing any of that though? The gba game is the one that introduced the 4 shrine dungeons

seething nostalgiacucks