Game is 10/10

>Game is 10/10
>Nobody cares about it
>Is a financial failure
>Gets a console port coming.
>Nobody still cares.
>Will be enough of a financial failure to close one of my favorite studios.
Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

Attached: 977f2a1c6a765e41fa539c21255f39a1_original.jpg?ixlib=rb-1.1.0&w=700&fit=max&v=1459911467& (700x490, 157K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VomTmPpmi48
youtube.com/watch?v=KUTHBCpiU8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=fxroV1ggEAg
twitch.tv/raindropdry/clip/HyperIncredulousSnakeWTRuck
youtube.com/watch?v=OOUHKy9fkss
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The world is too casual for La-Mulana. It was not meant to be.

Good games made by passionate devs are in the minority, not the majority.
Every normie is playing fortnite, apex, or getting ripped off by the next AAA disaster.

I’m waiting for the console port

>Casual because they don't wanna sit and spam space bar on every square inch of the level
Yeah nah neck yourself autist.

Attached: 1546243338757.jpg (464x618, 32K)

I'm thinking of quitting videogames because of it. Games that actually respect my intelligence as an adult and challenge me in new areas are so rare. I love the medium and think it has potential but at the end of the day people don't actually want to put forth the effort to make them good. I think I'm just going to start getting into books or movies if Nigoro really does go out of business.

la mulana 3 when

Of all those games you mentioned were bad, then why are they so popular to begin with?

People want fun games with a high skill ceiling and to kill a few hours with.

It was honestly just alright. Not a 10/10.

Maybe if they didn't made the same game a second time, people would give more fucks about it.

Female protag ruined another game.

>Game is 10/10
naaaaaah

Hard is too hard. Skill based games like sekiro can be hard cause you gain mastery as you play, but you cant just gain brains for puzzle games.
Oh and the combat and movement sucks

>I'm just going to start getting into books
Is not too late

Attached: 1554309931935.jpg (1280x1200, 445K)

>but you cant just gain brains for puzzle games
Lateral thinking is a skill you can develop just like any other.

Where are my physical copies?

Attached: lemeza_1.png (550x600, 156K)

Will buy on xbone

The info listing on the Japanese trailer seems to suggest that it'll have some sort of limited edition physical release with a soundtrack CD included.

Game was buggy as fuck at launch, enough for me to lose interest more than halfway through. I didn't like it as much as the first one in general, either.

Waiting for Switch release
Hoping the first game gets put on there too, be a nice excuse to replay it

Ports of La-Mulana EX would be great, but that's probably going to be Vita exclusive forever.

why was this deleted

It came to PC, I bought. I do hope it gets updated with any variations/upgrades on the build, like the original LaMulana and CaveStory+.

Do not support console trash, but this on PC.

I got the EX Vita version because i thought art an trailers seemed neat
The game was honestly really hard and confusing and i put it down to come back later, maybe i was doing something wrong
Is this game not supposed to be played like a metroidvania?

It's best to pretend La-mulana's world is like if Myst had combat and was filled with enemy's and shit. It's mostly an adventure game with action elements.

Can I unlock Hell Temple in the first game on a savefile I've finished, or is it too late?

Attached: 1524018213565.jpg (467x524, 108K)

Wonder how this has Tarzan when the superior Edgar Rice Burroughs book series is the " John Carter, Mars" series. Pretty much everything you think about genre fiction today, including where fucking SUPERMAN got the idea for "guy from other worlds, super powers" came from that book. It even had "Green Martians" which were kind of an Orc prototype in the modern understanding.

>why are they so popular to begin with?
Marketing

I don't remember the exact sequence of events you need to do, but it should still be possible assuming you haven't done any of the Hell Temple events halfway yet.

lucky a remake of a msx homage even sold enough to get a sequel

Never

what differences does the EX version have to the Steam release?

name 5 successful indie sequels

not everything deserves a sequel, and indie games are generally too limited for people to want to pay for the same game again at full price

I skipped the series because I hate puzzles and the main character looked lame. Fuck indiana jones.

I don't know but I recognize the picture

Improved translation and a monster glossary like 2 has.

There is literally no other game like La-mulana out there and that's not because it's a unique kind of game it's mostly because nobody else is willing to make an action/adventure game that actually requires the amount of skill needed for true adventure games and true action games.

La-mulana is action/adventure for people who genuinely like both action and adventure, not watered down bullshit like Zelda.

>game looks older than me
>look at release date
>2018

That's the answer. Yeah, indie and stuff, but there are boundaries.

>ruined
She was a direct improvement over LAMEza

Attached: 1533416430532.webm (960x540, 1.32M)

Okay, I'll try it.

Furthermore, being a skill means it can improve in the same way as skills for an action game like Sekiro. If you get stuck, do something else, sleep on it, and it will be easier when you come back.

I didn't think I would enjoy the lore so much.
Also, OP should play Environmental Station Alpha

>make a game that maybe 5% of the playerbase actually beat
>decide to make a sequel

Attached: 1554214810948.jpg (664x595, 68K)

I made it far in the first game but I got stuck and gave up on it so I don't think I'l go for the sequel.

>improved translation
sounds like reason enough to get it
hope the delay on consoles is because they're bringing EX too then

There's been no announcements for any ports of 1 or EX, but the console port of 2 is coming out in June.

I like La-Mulana 2 a lot (more than I like 1 actually) but it certainly wasn't a 10/10 at launch with the bugs present, and even now I think there's still a softlock in the Underworld. Recall that LM1 was originally freeware, and it's still largely the same game in the remake. 2 would have to cook for an equally long time to reach that level of polish. Still, it's a fantastic game, and I'd really like to get into the Tower of Oaness sometime this year.
There would probably never be another sequel even if it sold gangbusters, though. It's that niche. And I think Duplex said he was leaving Nigoro after it came out (but would help with patching it and on other projects in a smaller capacity).
AND YOU KNOW WHAT WHILE I'M AT IT, FUCK IZANAGI, FUCK NARAMURA FOR WHAT HE DID IN THE ANCIENT CHAOS, ALSO FUCK HIM AGAIN FOR TRIPLING THE NUMBER OF ENEMIES IN EVERY ROOM HALFWAY THROUGH THE GAME, AND I WANT TO FUCK TIAMAT. That's all I had to say.

Attached: lumisa_sip.gif (128x128, 65K)

You could have the tastiest burger ever cooked, if it looks like a turd people will never try it.

Attached: 1535589982357.jpg (639x913, 67K)

youtube.com/watch?v=VomTmPpmi48

Attached: Desktop Screenshot 2018.08.02 - 18.10.20.18_1.jpg (1920x1080, 1.1M)

LM2 had some great threads on release. It was very special, anons all working together to help each other beat the game and laughing at each other when they were too dumb to figure out such INTELLECTUAL MASTERPIECES as the infernal fiend. I know I'd never have beaten the game if I didn't have those threads. I'd have just gotten bored and left. Even with a guide, it's not the same as actual human interaction. I really think that's how Nigoro designed the games. The sort of thing where you and your 20 friends all work together to beat it, like in the good old days. Guides lose some of that.

LM2 is still way worse than 1 though. So many flaws. Really feels like they needed another 6 months of QA and they rushed it out because they needed cash or something.

Also, did anyone ever figure out what this one pixel in Icefire Tree was? Was it just a random hitbox that got left in accidentally or was it the secret to life?

Attached: thefuck.png (200x156, 17K)

Soul:
youtube.com/watch?v=KUTHBCpiU8Y

Soulless:
youtube.com/watch?v=fxroV1ggEAg

Lemeza
>wannabe asian Indiana Jones
>bares his chest but can't even grow hair on it
>archeology nerd
>refuses to use anything except obsolete 8bit computers
>arthritis already setting in
>smells like curry, looks like a criminal
>cucked by his own dad

Lumisa
>USA! USA!
>shows off impressive clevage
>is here for the adventure, not for some lame ass historical research
>uses modern technology because she's not a caveman
>is fit and athletic, way faster and can change direction in mid-air
>amasses a harem of ancient teenage girls and fairies
>cucks her dad

>indie sequels sell like ass
>waited too long to cash in on the popularity of 1
>missed the boat when journos were sucking off games for being too hard, now they're complaining about that same thing
>fem protag is a red flag for shit games
it had a lot going against it, almost to the point of wondering why they made it at all

Attached: 1486589580321.jpg (1200x953, 136K)

Don't forget
>Lemeza just explores man-made ruins full of traps tuned to train him so he can kill mother
>doesn't actually kill mother, and the bosses he fought were not th real thing
meanwhile
>explored an actual battlefield of multiple races fighting and devloping better weapons for absurd amounts of years
>Lumisa killed mother for good
>Lumisa found and explored an alien spaceship
>Lumisa explored the actual underworld
>Lumisa explored the pocket dimension egyptians escaped to

It was still better than the original.

that means literally nothing for sales and you know it

I never noticed a suspicious pixel in Icefire Treetop. Could you elaborate on that? There is however that hint for chanting a mantra "amongst the ominous twisting swelter" which seems to be for opening a path to the main Eternal Prison entrance from Icefire. I've tried that mantra combo everywhere and I've never found anything it opens.

Is it actually a financial flop? I thought everyone loved it. There were threads up all the time at launch.

>hich seems to be for opening a path to the main Eternal Prison entrance from Icefire
It is, chant it on top of the totem

The Underworld softlock was patched, but the patch brought with it another bug which causes ankh jewels to randomly vanish from your inventory.

Good they deserve it for fucking the game up in an update and then not fixing it for 5 months.

I wouldn't be surprised, niche game that wasn't marketed well for the pc.

The people excited for this game are probably over ~24 by now at the least also.

Not sure but they went way above the kickstarter budget for sure.

I could have sworn I tried that. Oh well, the path is a red herring anyways.

I just wish the PC version was optimized
It should be able to run on my toaster laptop

I posted the pixel. In the first room of Icefire, the one you get to from the first area of the game, there's a random pixel in the pixture I posted where there's something you can whack, and IIRC it activates the eye in the same room to zap you.

Wasn't there some fish costume found in the files somewhere? Was that ever discovered in game?

>Get stuck in hell
>Realize that the whole thing is based off of an ancient sumerian myth
>Read up on it
>Ishtar goes into hell and gets stuck too

Some things never change.

I doubt it killed the studio or anything. Not that they would ever say
I recall reading about that here too, but never heard anything else. Probably for fishy fish world that isn't out because unless it's that esoteric you can't get it now. Only other thing that's in the game that got leaked was the remix Naramura made for the area.

Attached: 1533515378939.jpg (2592x5276, 2.91M)

>>Is a financial failure

Source?

>improved translation
>bestiary with full artwork for every enemy
>rearranged puzzles (Mother's ankh puzzle was changed in the Vita version)
>some QoL adjustments (game is still hard)
>more money drops

I got to the final boss lady in La Mulana 1 and didn't see much of the appeal. While the game was very varied and expansive, the difficulty was 90% because of clunky controls. Eventually I just couldn't be bothered to beat Mother when I realized that the boss fight is only challenging because she usually hovers just above your weapon range.
Is 2 a better game?

>pic
Fuck! I can't see it again

They give you more air control in 2 if that's what you mean by clunky controls, but they made the platforming much more precarious to compensate. (Icefire Treetop, Ancient Chaos). Other than that, if you didn't enjoy 1, no. 2 is 1-lite with more story in terms of puzzles.

La-Mulana, the game everyone pretends to love, when in fact everyone quit after 3-4 bosses.

>no Divine Comedy
as usual Yea Forums has shit taste

Attached: 147546004343.jpg (382x341, 35K)

>No epic of gilgamesh

Why even have a board if they can't read?

It flopped not because it was too hard. It flopped because it was completely broken and devs decided to just make a console port before patching it

Attached: 1453524075796.jpg (640x505, 60K)

its not easy baby mode like hollow shit so no one cares about it

I can't imagine going through hundreds of hours of puzzles and not see the appeal.
By using a guide and treating the game like a linear action platformer, you essentially lose 90% of what the appeal of the game is.

Air control is a big part of it since in 1 you were just stuck flying into enemies whenever you switched screens while in the air and multiple puzzles were based specifically on trying to wrestle with the extremely rigid jump trajectory.

>comfy fiction

>journey to hell isn't comfy
Fuck off

poor man's hollow knight

With few exceptions, the puzzles in La-Mulana 2 aren't that bad. The really bad ones are Brahma's Trials and Eternal Prison. Dark Lord's Footprints isn't that bad, and Trials of Anubis is only impossible-tier because of a translation error.

I used the guide only in a couple places like the illusion labyrinth when progressing became too much of a pain in the ass. Then I also used it for many of the collectibles because I quickly realized that the bosses would be a miserable experience without the maximum health you could get. Other than that I floundered around for ages because I felt determined to beat the game and my stubbornness wouldn't let me quit. Mother finally broke me when I watched a play through of the fight and realized I wouldn't get much more payoff for a long pain in the ass boss fight. Finally I gave in and told myself I'd come back to the game later but I never came back to it

He was talking about LM1

>Game is 10/10
Worth pirating?

Attached: 1553618968449.jpg (1280x720, 56K)

Faggot.

never even hear about it,
post some webms of the funny and or epic variety

Attached: 1549483003012.png (384x384, 109K)

Attached: 1532889933917.png (475x421, 228K)

Attached: 1534481515175.webm (624x210, 1.59M)

Reminder that this was added to the game. Hell Temple is coming.
twitch.tv/raindropdry/clip/HyperIncredulousSnakeWTRuck

Attached: 1545539491375.gif (138x168, 2.97M)

Attached: mulbruk.gif (118x129, 22K)

Why did they release a 2 when no one had ever finished the first one?

Loads of people have, actually.

Attached: 2014-07-14_00002.jpg (1920x1200, 279K)

>Implying
git gud

Attached: file.png (791x767, 543K)

Congratulations, you can read a guide.

Lmao manchild

>can't beat the big robot man in the first game
WHY CAN'T I HIT HIS FACE

>Sells itself as a roguelike
>Isn't a roguelike
Being retarded isn't a sound business strategy.

What the hell are you talking about?

Remember when Naramura said playtesters who had never touched 1 were able to brute force their way through 2 in 30 hours or so? Maybe if he locked them in a closet until they beat the game.
Just get even closer my dude.

Attached: 1511983913469.png (200x150, 30K)

>>Sells itself as a roguelike
when did it ever do that

His hitbox is weird. You're probably hitting the back of his head rather than his face. Use the whip instead of the knife, or get the axe.

Use shurikens my dude or just shoot him

It was fucking terrible

But I thought La Mulana was a meme game that Yea Forums hated. You faggots even discouraged me from buying it in the steam sale last year.

Games that actually respect your intelligence as an adult know that your time is valuable and don't waste it just to appear lolhardxcore.

that's weird, I bought La-Mulana during the steam sale because of Yea Forums

Is the formula still "navigate the level to press a button then navigate the level again to see what changed while enemies respawn every time you change screens"?

Why not both?
Playing a good action packed game with Librivox in the background is good stuff.

Games that respect my intelligence know that it takes time in order to develop a skill that's transferable to your life whether it be for the sake of enjoyment or utilitarian purposes.

Attached: asd.png (128x124, 9K)

Would you a Mulbruk?

Attached: 1532933047473.jpg (900x900, 84K)

Enemies respawn every 3 screen transitions you get away from the room they're in, actually.
Sorry user, I was in the 2 pre-release livestream thread and a bunch of the first week threads talking about the game. Props to the one guy who was on a next level of thinking but was one step away from solving the Brahma puzzle before explaining the process to us.

I got scared of people saying you should take notes of absolutely everything.
When I actually tried it out I realized that it would cause me to spend more of the game in a notebook than actually playing it.

Is the claim exaggerated or is every single unique detail of every room actually that important?

just use a guide, it's not like the game is beatable without one

But then what is the point of playing the game? Does the gameplay expand in such a way that it still holds up without the puzzles?

Pic needs Megarock

If you want to beat the game in any reasonable time-frame, or without resorting to hints or guides, then yes, taking notes is very important, and honestly to me is like half of the fun. I used mudmap to draw maps up and write hints with, marking rooms red if I knew I needed to come back or blue if I knew I was done with them.

>Is the claim exaggerated or is every single unique detail of every room actually that important?
Nope, not at all. You should, however, catalogue all the tablets you come across, either in written form or in screenshots. You should periodically go over them because some only make sense in the context of later puzzles and areas. As for writing things like room names or drawing a map - I never bothered.

not really

So what is the game good for?

Pretty sure you couldn't shoot him until the mask came off.

Yes, I play the game randomized all the time, it's incredibly fun.

The boss fights are good as are the additional upgrades, weapons, subweapons, etc you can get. The other guy is lying to you.

Attached: lamulana trigger map.png (2401x4233, 1.86M)

He's a butthurt casual nigger. That said, the game does require lateral thinking, you don't have to take notes of ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING, but keeping in mind room names and all the tablets are a good idea.

Use shurikens to pull his mask off then shoot him.

Attached: 1542417876022.png (374x342, 147K)

>Opening Hell Temple
>LOTS OF FUN!
I have to confess Yea Forums. I didn't really have fun in there. In fact, I dropped it and, like a total loser, completed the game normally.

>Fornite
>Apex
They're free-to-play so even children can get in with no up-front investment. Battle Royal is slow with a lot of down-time, rewards camping, and you can randomly win with only a single lucky kill, which allows even shitty players to have thrilling close-fought matches and 'epic' wins.
>the next AAA disaster
Marketing budget as big as the development budget. Shiny graphics.

Okay, but, BUT, you liked the song while you were there, right?

Attached: 1533781202266.jpg (1500x500, 87K)

I enjoyed Hell Temple because it was a nice challenge after the rest of the game. There were some instances of objective bad game design though.

I get that note-taking is fun, but I dreaded missing any important detail that it sucked all the fun out of the experience.
Still have the game though, and this thread reminded me that I could go back.

Keeping track of room names and tablets seems like a reasonable amount of effort while actually having fun playing. Will give it another chance.

It's _meh, the other tracks in the game were much better and memorable.

>Fortnite
>Apex
>high skill ceiling

It doesn't need a high skill ceiling just the illusion of one.

Strange. I could've sworn you could access the true shrine of the mother as soon as you killed the 8 guardians & the mantras had nothing to do with that.

>take a knee
That's fucking bullshit, yet I felt retarded when I found out the solution.

Join us user
btw this list is turd

THAT'S LA-MULANA BAY-BEEEEEEE

>I dreaded missing any important detail
Don't worry too much about it, a lot of things you can go back and investigate/read. Only thing I would ABSOLUTELY make sure to write down in full is NPC dialogue, they do occasionally give crucial hints that won't be repeated.

>June 27
Hope the international release isn't far off or at least the JP version has English support.

Attached: La-Mulana-2-JP_04-04-19.jpg (600x337, 94K)

>pretend to be too smart for videogames
>while only now starting to *consider* getting into books as an adult

its was an 8/10, first one was 10/10

Ok, I'll add that to my list of stuff to record then. Thanks for the heads-up, user.

>homework simulator

sounds fucking gay

And yet, even if you completed it with a guide, you still wouldn't be able to beat the game on the hardest difficulty randomized.

Attached: 1546212254808.jpg (735x551, 55K)

youtube.com/watch?v=OOUHKy9fkss
>mfw 0:06 hits

You never played Myst?

Attached: Crab Nicholson.jpg (500x449, 48K)

The area themes in LM2 were so fucking good, even though the boss music was mostly worse than LM1's
das it mane

>that ominous intro shared with every other boss theme
>the frantic energy paired with the "oh god oh fuck I'm flying a plane fighting against an ancient alien" theme of the boss fight
>the amped up Song of Curry at 0:34

Attached: 1395967774375.jpg (640x480, 93K)