This game is shit and Fortress Forever is better in every way

Prove me wrong

Attached: 101112-team-fortress-2-windows-front-cover[1].jpg (460x215, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZYPtgjKJFOs
youtube.com/watch?v=0fCpAuxrQ_I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fuck you for making me google Fortress Forever. I can't unsee that shit.

tf2 is reddit

I don't get it

Nah, I like it, might try out Fortress Forever later tho

can you stop me having fun though?

Attached: 1529216752192.jpg (640x480, 37K)

Are you the poster that says that every thread and gets BTFO'd every time but still continues.
He is.

*This game is a Timeless Masterpiece™ but Fortress Forever is better in every way

yes and but I never got btfoed

>Admits it
5000 IQ play holy shit

Attached: 500 IQ.png (94x112, 30K)

>Prove me wrong
current player counts as of 4/4/2019, 13:05 EST
TF2 actually has players, and even TFC isn't as dead as Neotokyo like FF is

Attached: wergwergwerg.png (718x277, 123K)

whats the difference between fortress forever and classic?

TFC is the OG Team Fortress on the Half Life Engine. It was directly supposed to reproduce the Team Fortress Quake mod after the IP was bought by Valve. Fortress Forever was created shortly after TF2 was released, as a community made remake of TFC on Half Life 2's engine. FF feels much smoother to play and has QoL features like auto bhop but sadly it is dead as hell, I should get some friends together to play it again sometime

I hold a strong (and correct) opinion and I never got BTFOed
Why should I admit it? There is no shame in calling a B-tier comedy quake for what it is: reddit

*shouldn't
Just this video and its entire content is literally proof that tf2 is reddit: the game
youtube.com/watch?v=ZYPtgjKJFOs

fortress forever was release a month before tf2, but it took until 2013 for it to release on steam

my mistake, it's been a while since FF was in memory.

How the fuck does it prove anything? What some fag decided to make a video on some shit he found on the wiki page. Wow great evidence user.

Attached: 8942637925.gif (220x182, 513K)

that's OW

>insistence that his opinion is correct
is that you, peter?

Attached: Awesome Gamer At Play.webm (720x406, 2.91M)

OW is Tumblr

>What some fag
show me your community and I show you who you are
what is true for overwatch is also true for tf2 and every (multipalyer) game ever

I will never not be able to laugh at this

TF2 has active players

Attached: _team_work__by_luches_d4922qx-fullview.jpg (900x1274, 108K)

>imagine thinking that this makes the game look good instead of "lmao looks like quake for women"

>finally got a decent computer for gaming
>right when tf2 is on the verge of death
>even bought that stupid jungle inferno contract ticket that's such a pain in the ass to do
Why are engineer's and medic's contracts not purely about supporting people? Does valve really want newer engineers to just turtle?

>Games with low player counts bad

>games with no players are good
I'd still rather play a game with low playercounts than one without players.

OP was saying FF was better than TF2 as a game, platercounts don't make a good game, retard. If that were the case: LoL and Fortnite would be the greatest games ever made.

There are low playercounts and then there are no playercounters

League is better than some dead sourcemod from 2007.

>Game being dead makes it bad
Epic

if it was so good in the first place people would be playing it

Attached: 1552612328036.png (1000x1210, 427K)

Reddit and tumblr are the same shit.
Reddit is for leftist soi hetero "men."
Tumblr is for the women and faggots.

if it's so good, then where's all the players?

Attached: 1326667521_preview_AAAAAAAAAA DEMOMON.jpg (480x360, 15K)

>Something good cannot possibly overlooked, only what the mainstream likes is good
Absolute NPC mentality, then again, that's what you have to be to enjoy Valve metaphorically fucking you in the ass for te last 8 years

no, OW is tumblr
exactly and guess who are the people playing tf2

>seething because noone plays you're shit dead game
and a lmao to that, my brother!

I just looked up Fortress Forever and it looks like a much more mature (and less reddit) version so I side with OP.

Attached: enemy territory dragos panzerfaust.webm (1280x720, 1.06M)

Gamers older than 20.

TF2 shits all over every other MP FPS on the market and has consistently for over a decade with virtually no changes.

have fun finding players :)

Translation
>It looks like a soulless, drab, realistic style but also shitty looking knock off with virtually all personality sucked out of it so contrarian faggots struggling to form an inchoate identity don't have to feel guilty for enjoying something popular

In what? Looking funny and stupid at the same time? You know that virtually all "comedic lefunny" games are played by 20 something redditors?

2019 we still goning to have a LAN this year ;)

where and when I'd like in on that ass

>Unironically seething at a dead game because someone insulted your autism simulator with hats

In about a month, EU/Germany.

Wtf makes a game "reddit'? Is it the art style, the characters or is it because tf2 is popular. I like FF but what makes tf2 "reddit" and if reddit likes the game that doesn't mean its complete ass.

Attached: Dkk.jpg (261x235, 25K)

>Realism bad, soulless cartoon graphics good
Go play overwatch or fortnite you pathetic NPC lmao

>Is it the art style
Yes. It attracts a certain kind of basedish. Doesn't help it that it tries to be quake for plebs too.

>le epic cartoony artstyle
>microtransactions for le quirky xD cosmetics
>le make the classes dance lol
Also, it literally has a hat that's the reddit-robot's antenna.

Usually dumb wacky humor, and it's true reddit loves the wacky humor of tf2, but us 4channers can actually appreciate the character design (except pyro's), the quality of the art and obviously the gameplay.

How is the art style "reddit"? its a cartoon like art style with a mix of 1950-60s feel to it. The doesn't try to be quake at all. Only thing quake about tf2 is the rocket jumping and sticky jumping. It has no bhop or timed pickups.

>Also, it literally has a hat that's the reddit-robot's antenna.
lmao I knew it
>How is the art style "reddit"?

>the character design (except pyro's)
overrated
>the quality of the art
Doesn't affect the actual gameplay and is therefore worthless
>and obviously the gameplay.
Which is Quake but shittier.

This game still pisses me off, the original "Brotherhood Of Arms" version looked great and then valve for no reason canned that game and turned it into a game for children.

>le epic cartoony artstyle
wtf does that even mean? the art style is fine, for the cosmetics I agree with you. They ruined the art style with those and they only did it because they know they can make a easy profit from a game like that, but that doesn't affect the game play at all. You just hate tf2 because its liked by reddit. If reddit likes it, it doesn't mean its instantly shit. Tf2 is still fun and has great gamemodes.

but it doesn't play like quake if you've actually played the game you'd know, the only "Quake" mechanics the game has is rocket jumping/grenade jumping, and air strafing. I do wish that the game made similar movement mechanics to TFC and FF and I do miss the conc jumps that the scout and medic can do, but to say TF2 is Quake but shittier is stupid.

>art is worthless
didn't read further, never participate in our threads again you tard

>Tf2 is still fun and has great gamemodes
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no
CP is stalematey garbage
CTF is a complete butchering of the CTF mode that completely fucks up everything that makes it work in other games
Payload is unfun as shit, if you're on BLU: You dick around a cart for 8 minutes while getting killed by sentries, stickies and crit rockets and if you're on RED: You just have to shoot at a crowd and it's piss-easy
KOTH is a bunch of retards dicking around with 1 or 3 people trying to capture the point
PLR is just complete garbage, which is quite telling when the most popular PLR map (Hightower) is only used as a deathmatch map and people who cap get kicked
Attack/Defend is decent I guess, still pretty mediocre
And the other gamemodes only have like 2 players.

baito dess

PD is getting a little more popular.

>wtf does that even mean?
being this reddit
>the art style is fine
no, its utter cancerous shit, even fucking overwatch is better in this regard because at least it tries to take itself a bit more seriously.
>You just hate tf2 because its liked by reddit
which is literally what we're saying and literally makes it reddit lmao

Attached: mental moments.webm (1280x720, 2.5M)

It literally is, gameplay is what matters, the art and world is only there to service it. Disagreeing with this means you're the cancer killing gaming.

The movement mechanics are literally Quake but without bunnyhopping.

so basically a quake plebmod without gravity? lmao it just gets worse

Daily reminder this game's playerbase consists of literal children, it's the fortnite of the late 2000s/early 2010s

>gameplay is important, so art isn't
Your logical fallacy is : False dichotomy

You are the kind of brainlet which only appears once in a blue moon, please talk more, entertain me.

Only thing you are correct about is CTF. CTF is Tf2 is ass and thats the only gamemode where it attracts retards. For Payload you are completely wrong. Payload and Attack and defend are the best gamemodes in tf2 as all classes are useful in those gamemodes. For sentrys in payload, just get a medic or snipe them as a solider with a rocket, hell even go as a spy if its to hard. For KOTH its a mixed bag, sometimes its people actually playing the objective or just people playing likes its DM.

The art style is fine. Its goes with the attitude that the game wants it to be. Some people would argue that wolfenstein enemy territory has a shit art style because its pretty bland and grey, but that would be wrong because it makes sense for what the game wants to be.
>which is literally what we're saying and literally makes it reddit lmao
so would you hate Quake if reddit enjoyed playing it? Reddit liking something doesn't make it shit or a bad game, it just means that the game is good at attracting people.

Attached: 1546741203983.png (422x380, 303K)

Reddit actually loves Quake. Theres a huge community of a few thousand players there that have a Discord and servers for actively playing it.

Does it need a buff?

Attached: cow mangler.png (512x512, 52K)

A game with bad art but great gameplay can be good, the opposite can't. You are a retard if you deny this

What if I tell you I'm straight and I'm a redditor? Will you suddenly like cock?
Hey user I'm from reddit and I like good food, guess you have to eat shit now.

It's seriously the most beta move to align what you like or not based on the preferences of your enemies.

>TFC pic
Pleb detected, TFC is shit, QWTF and Quake III TF are way better.
I don't know what that weapon is but it looks fucking gay

At which point did anyone deny this, brainlet? Are you making things up in your tiny mind?
Art is an extremely important defining characteristic of a game, and whilst gameplay certainly is more important, art direction is too, extremely so.

Do you even like video games? I think you like games, not video games, this board may not be for you.

>calling the cow mangler gay
>doesn't need ammo
>can get a charge shot
>only downside is reduced building damage
cow mangler looks like shit but is functional as fuck

I never played this game due to the 90 FOV cap, it looks too claustrophobic and it unironically gives me motion sickness.

>so would you hate Quake if reddit enjoyed playing it?
it doest work this way and I will never have to worry about this too

Player count is significant if the game is multiplayer only, though. Not having anyone to play with means you can’t play the game no matter how good it is

Muh fucker, you're not even playing it. I know, because literally no one is playing it

You can just change your fov with the console.

So how does it work, if you don't like the game but people on Reddit enjoy than it must be a bad game?

Attached: 1550895966080.jpg (330x381, 73K)

one day i'll understand this

>You can just change your fov with the console.
Yes, but you cannot change it to anything above 90. I tried everything.

>90 FOV cap
lmao it gets even worse

>it unironically gives me motion sickness
weirdly I've never had this issue in a first person game outside of mineraft

> MY OpINIoN IS RitE

While I do agree, why do you have to be a smug fag? Who cares?

I'm waiting for team fortress 2 classic to come out, since the hat fest ruined it for the most part

If that doesn't work you can try to change the size of the view models

youtube.com/watch?v=0fCpAuxrQ_I

>team fortress 2 classic
Shit mod with shit developers who treat their fans like shit and take down other mods like TF2Vintage who use TF2C as a base despite TF2C being open source.

>At which point did anyone deny this, brainlet?
Never, my point was that art isn't important in a game.
>Art is an extremely important defining characteristic of a game, and whilst gameplay certainly is more important, art direction is too, extremely so.
Whilst that may be right, it still shouldn't count as a legitimate argument in favor of the game being good as good art doesn't make it a good game, gameplay does. Art is simply eye-candy

Got any sauce on that? Never heard about it.

I'm pretty sure TF2C split from Team Fortress 2 Classic willingly.

off yourself and this thread

Fortress Forever is good, but it doesn't have funny faces.

>TF2babby """"arguments""""

>Thinking insults are arguments