Is it really as hard as they say? I don't like being stuck on one thing for 2 hours

Is it really as hard as they say? I don't like being stuck on one thing for 2 hours

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 41K)

not really

It's fine as long as you're willing to take the time to learn the rules.

You are definitely going to get stuck more than once, but when that happens, just move on to another area and come back later.

For starters, play a better puzzle game.

Attached: 1f0658cb1a65b13ea5724ad1527065df13db3192.jpg (616x353, 30K)

Good thing you have a whole bunch of puzzles to pick from when you get stuck on one

already finished it, found it pretty easy

Talos is more entertaining for the most part but it has shitty puzzles like the time clone ones, The Witness is the better work of art.

If you're totally lost in an area you aren't meant to be there yet / have missed the tutorial for it.

The really difficult puzzles it helps to solve them offscreen (on paper or whatever).

Talos is OK but nowhere close to the quality of The Witness.

Protip: YouTube.

I agree, I played both games, theyre both challenging, but Talos just gave me more enjoyment.

Yikes. Imagine needing help for this game.
Maybe for some of "those" puzzles if you really intend to get them all, but I know that's not what you meant.

I realize this is only being talked about because it's the latest Tencent Store casualty, but I like this game so I'm going to talk about it anyway.

The thing is, it presents itself as being a game kind of like Myst, where you explore this deserted island and figure out how to advance and uncover secrets. It's not that. It's basically an extremely complicated game of sudoku with constantly changing rules.

It's a fun game, and what it does in terms of "teaching you mechanics" is actually impressive, plus it just has a shitload of puzzles and they're actually really great. But if you go into it expecting that you're going to turn on the water to a pump and open a bridge that lets you access the freight elevator, you're in for a serious disappointment.

The game is presented in an environmental context for two reasons: the game is intentionally nonlinear, which a sequence of puzzles would break, and also perspective/the environment often play a small role in the sudoku mechanics.

How long did it take y'all to notice the second 'layer' of puzzles in the game? I found it organically after I was mostly clear all the areas, while up on the mountain looking down at a river or something. Blew my fucking mind. I can't imagine how much work it'd be to 100% this game without guides, but hella fulfilling if you did...

>while up on the mountain looking down at a river or something
That's exactly when you're supposed to notice. The puzzle panel is there for that.
I think you should've spoiler tagged it though.

I noticed it pretty early on in a little line in a sand dune, but I didn't realize the extent to which it pervaded everything including the amount of perfect-perspective stuff

I will also confess the game rubed me, and as soon as I got back to the start I immediately saw what I had missed and felt the tiniest amount of being mindblown.

>the game is intentionally nonlinear, which a sequence of puzzles would break,
It's just a bunch of unrelated puzzle sequences in different places. The sequences are 100% linear and stupid strict, if you figure something out before the game "teaches" it to you still have to sit through the "teaching" and solve all puzzles in the given order.

It's easy if you're good at line puzzles cause that's the whole fucking game.

A couple minutes into the game when I noticed the garden right outside the bunker.

It's a nonlinear series of sequences, naturally it can lead to some wonkiness related to the "intended" paths but that's just the price to pay for nonlinearity, the game is designed around player discovery and it simply nudges you through a good difficulty curve by making the harder puzzles deeper into the island and harder to find and letting the player break that isn't really a flaw.

It's not hard, it's challenging. And if you get stuck somewhere you can just walk to some place else and look for doable stuff there before turning with a clear mind.
Only people who would find it actually hard would probably be the colorblind.

>I realize this is only being talked about because it's the latest Tencent Store casualty
What, is it being given out there?

I'm not trying to shill or anything but i just want to point out this is free on the epic game store for those who don't know

No because there's no threat of danger. Play a real puzzle game like Solomon's Key.

If you want 2d puzzles, play the witness
If you want 3d puzzles, play the witness
If you want good puzzles, play baba is you

Is it cheating to use pen and paper for some of the puzzles? for example the RGB room in the village

It's shit, just play a better game. Play the myst series if you haven't or play any of the many good indie puzzle games if that's what you want.
Myst recently rereleased for modern computers so there's no excuse for not having played at least the first 2.

>GAME BAD
>PLAY THE GAME IT WAS INSPIRED BY INSTEAD DON'T EVER PLAY ANY OTHER GAME
Poser retard.

No, the environmental puzzles are pretty interesting but they're about as difficult as a sudoku puzzle. The only hard part of the game was listening to the pretentious as fuck audio logs.
^these

Attached: DuO7ofAWsAEtuvR.jpg (750x620, 86K)

The witness is shit though, it basically just a phone game. It's so pretentious and has major indie syndrome. Play a good puzzle game that respects your time like Myst or Baba instead.

If you seriously hate The Witness then you can't pretend to like Myst, it's like those posers pretending to love Thief and then hate on every single other stealth game, they are in reality just entry-level faggots that can only play is considered the best game in the genre.

Both Myst and The Witness are great and scratch that itch, you thinking it's pretentious just shows how stupid you are and how much you missed.