Made one of the most beloved survival horror games

>made one of the most beloved survival horror games
>heavily impacted the action genre
>several cult classics such as okami and the wonderful 101
Kamiya is one of the best directors in the industry

Attached: Hideki_Kamiya_2014_September.png (475x360, 174K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/pg_kamiya/status/288816739297419265
twilog.org/PG_kamiya
youtu.be/pgxG3eRQFng
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

everything hes done since okami has been mediocre

He blocked me on twitter, I'm still mad.

Attached: 15539439391.jpg (640x480, 25K)

lol

He is a seething little manlet.

Included Bayo 1 and 2?

Why?

He's never directed a bad game. I love all of his work. That said, for more than half a decade, he hasn't directed anything and rather spends all day being a cunt on twitter. I wish he'd just make another vidya.

Attached: 1550420727642.jpg (827x464, 103K)

>blocks you on twitter

He blocks everyone on twitter.

Mikami was better

That would be assuming Bayo 2 was him. It wasn't

Debatable. TEW was mediocre but REmake and RE4 are some of the greatest games ever made.

Check out his pinned tweet. He blocks everyone who tweets him in English. If you use a translator, he'll tell you to post it in English, and then he'll block you.

>If you use a translator, he'll tell you to post it in English, and then he'll block you
Not true. From what I've seen he responds nicely in these situations.

Based. Fuck baka gaijins and their shitty barbaric languages.

God Hand and Vanquish were fucking top tier too. Even TEW aint that bad has some really good ideas and that Mikami touch which becomes obvious on Akumu. Would benefit from being half as long. PN03 also isnt bad once you unlock everything

We would have had scalebound but....
Would have had that granblue game but...
I don't know what goes on behind the scenes but I'm pretty sure he's a cunt to work with too.

He's an asshole with a god complex. I could understand if he struggled with the English language, but clearly that's not the case. Yea Forums would be up in arms if a western dev behaved the way he does.

>he responds nicely in these situations.
He's autistically corrected my spelling of platinum games every single time I've ever tweeted him.

It's autism.

O Naruto pode ser um pouco duro às vezes, talvez você não saiba disso, mas o Naruto também cresceu sem pai. Na verdade ele nunca conheceu nenhum de seus pais, e nunca teve nenhum amigo em nossa aldeia.

Can we get an American to translate this for us?

Didn't play God Hand but I agree that Vanquish was great. Need to replay it actually. I'll keep an eye out for a cheap copy next time I'm picking up some games.
Ironic that someone on Yea Forums doesn't know what shitposting is

twitter.com/pg_kamiya/status/288816739297419265

BASED AND BLOCKEDPILLED

I think TEW is a good game,It is always throwing new shit at you

I like bayo 1, luke warm on 2

>didn't play God Hand
Son, you need to get right on that. It's outstanding.

You know how much people are trying to play with him to see if they get blocked or the thousand of guy who raided him fter he says that the switch gamepad is shitty ?
i would be pissed too to always have to deal with an army of retard

What was the piece? I never read it

Shinji Mikami made RE2.

Everyone on Yea Forums agrees twitter is awful. Why complain about Kamiya making a mockery of it? If I met him in the grocery store and he pulled the copypasta on me I'd be upset, but I doubt he'd do that, if only because it's a good way to get punched.

Naruto can be a little rough at times, maybe you do not know that, but Naruto also grew up without a father. In fact he never met any of his parents, and never had any friends in our village.

And yet it's all utterly forgettable. RE4 did it right by being completely bonkers with some of the most memorable quotes in all of gaming.

That granblue game's still being made and will be released, Platinum just finished the part of it they were contracted to do (which Kamiya wasn't particularly involved in).

Kamiya was based back then. He actually came to Yea Forums one day and he was still actually responding to people on twitter. I remember some dipshit said "I wanna be like you when you grow up." and Kamiya responded "You gotta be you. Only one in the world." Now he's just a bitter cunt.

Hideki Kamiya directed RE2,mikami was the producer

You don't remove a company from all credits for contractor work, user.

It was about Japanese players and developers relationship with PC gaming. Absurd of course because it was being written by a western "journalist."

Why is he a bitter cunt? Because he shitposts on Twitter? I've been watching the RE2 remake roundtable discussions with him and he still seems pleasant. He was really polite and encouraging to the dev team.

That's kind of his gimmick. He is an angry manlet.

Is he involved with Astral Chain?

Absolute horse shit. Kamiya was as much of a shitposter back then as he is now.

Attached: Kamiya Mom.png (636x129, 10K)

To be fair, years of heckling probably broke his tolerance. That on top of Scalebound falling apart probably didn't do him no credit for his love of westerners.

Just as well
He was a more funny shitposter. Even had links to redirect people to when he became sick of being asked "what is your favorite game" for the 9 millionth time.

He's a supervisor so I guess he just comes in and gives suggestions

Fucking weeb monkeys

Good thing that never fucking happened then. Platinum removed Granblue from their own website, Cygames still credits Platinum as being part of the development team you lying shit.

He still just blocked people for nothing and had all-caps rants when people riled him up. The only difference between then and now is now it's an ebin meme to go poke the bear and try and get him to block you, so there's more insects he has to deal with meaning more blocked posts and rants, that's all.

Attached: Karilliyan.jpg (611x563, 76K)

Kamiya is currently Chief Game Designer and supervises all the projects Platinum works on.

>Cygames still credits Platinum as being part of the development team
Where
Not on their website anymore. Not on the re:link website. Not in their news feed.
So where do they still credit them.

Feel fucking free to prove me the lying shit I am. I'll happily be proven wrong. But show something.

It must be a joke to him, too. Why else would he retweet and draw attention to the tweet that made him decide to block?

>now is an ebin meme
then was an ebin meme. He banned people for asking favorite game, not reading his tweet, tagging him in their conversation chains, and a lot of other shit

But he
1) Responded to people a lot more on twitter
2) Didn't ban all non jap languages
3) Engaged with his fans a lot more in back and forth

THEN it was always a game to get blocked and people wore it as a badge of autism. Now it's a "try not to get blocked". Since he'll just block you and move on. Nobody expects any of this to cause this guy distress. He'll just block you and go back to correcting inane spelling errors. Doesn't even RT his blocks these days. That shit'll just happen.

Is there a screencap of Kamiya coming to Yea Forums?

>Not on the re:link website
Go watch any of the videos on the re:link website and tell me what they've removed.

Attached: Untitled.png (1164x686, 102K)

None of those videos were made after the announcement on February, user. Meanwhile the website itself which has been updated has expunged mention

Forgot my image.

Attached: JObdWgx.png (1884x933, 435K)

He responded to people a lot more because he didn't have to filter through so many insects back then. Proves my point.
He didn't ban all non Jap languages because there weren't so many gaijin trying to get blocked by the epic meme man. Proves my point.
He engaged with his fans a lot more because again didn't have to sort through a thousand tweets of bullshit. Proves my point.
Back then it was a joke among people who cared about Kamiya in the first place. Now it's ebin twitter meme man who said mean things about journalists roll up and get blocked for the win. There's a clear distinction to be made there.
Here you go.

Attached: Kamiya v.png (1650x1091, 1.32M)

>He responded to people a lot more because he didn't have to filter through so many insects back then.
What he factually retweeted more fan art, gameplay, footage, and compliments.
>there weren't so many gaijjin trying to get blocked
He outright made images and first started linking twitter history browsers when W101 released.
>A lot more
Factually incorrect. But don't take my word for it. Use this darn log twilog.org/PG_kamiya

But actually no fuck this. I'm not going to get in a pissing content which is boiling down to some user wanting to be right versus somebody who still tweets to him every other week. You win. I'm out.

>they removed them from all the credits
>no they didn't
>prove it, where are credits left?
>right here
>nuh that doesn't count I wasn't talking about that one
The absolute state of your life right now. Taking their logo off the front page isn't the same as to, and I quote, "remove a company from all credits"

He doesn't block everyone who tweets him in English. He only blocks if something has happened recently that triggered him to do that.
You can check his Twilog to see many examples of him actually answering.

twilog.org/PG_kamiya

Here's the guy that he has exposed for using machine translation, but still replied normally.

Attached: 1530158731527.png (632x318, 59K)

Royal guard

What the hell are you talking about
>posts old videos
>hey those are old videos
>Here look at the website which they removed mention of
>here's another website which they removed mention of
>But the videos that were made in december and january when they publicly announced removing platinum involvement on february
Are you serious right now?

>made one of the most beloved survival horror games
?????

I give visionaries who produce timeless art a pass for acting like assholes. Roman Polanski has reportedly drugged and fucked an underage girl, If I saw him walking down the street I wouldn't think twice about shaking hands with the man for his work.

Phil Fish made a mediocre indie game which is mostly forgotten about today, he doesn't get to be an asshole.

You said they removed all credits, I gave you a video which shows Platinum still credited and not removed. Removing one logo from the front page isn't removing all credits as you claimed. This isn't difficult you retard.

If we pretend Mikami didn't ghost direct Resident Evil 2 behind the scenes it's technically true.

Nothing has changed.

You're hearing about it recently because people have been sending him the same questions about DMC5 and RE2 enmasse, and that's why he was ignoring all of them altogether. It's just not worth it.
He answers normally if it's quiet and he isn't getting thousands of questions from angry foreigners.

He didn't ban all non-jap languages. He's okay with questions that weren't already asked and aren't blatant troll.

Also, if you ever mention blocking, he'll block you just for lulz, so you shouldn't.

Attached: 1526361899299.png (628x209, 32K)

when is he going to release his next game?

or is he going out with a whimper after scalebound got scrapped?

Mikami did his producer job.

youtu.be/pgxG3eRQFng

We know how exactly all of it went, he's in good relationships with old RE team and nobody acts like he didn't actually direct the game.

Well fuck you too. Kamiya factually gets a lot more tweets and has a lot more followers today than he had back in 2014. Piss that in your contest you bitch.

back to trannieera

You're using literal out of date footage to prove a point. It's so retarded that I don't know why I have to break down why a video made in DECEMBER 2018 is not indicative or even usable when talking about an event that happened in FEBRUARY 2019

The project is removed from platinums own site.
It's removed from the re:link site proper
It's removed from the cygames site
It's removal is mentioned in their press release.
And no new footage has been revealed to show platinums logo on the project.

Do you get it? Do I need to make it more simpler. Or is this the case of you literally splitting hair to win an arguement.

fuck off Phil

>What he factually retweeted more fan art, gameplay, footage, and compliments.
Have you actually seen his Twitter? He retweets those all the time. Sometimes his Twitter is just filled with Bayonetta retweets.

Resetera probably hates Kamiya

>They removed all credits
>Here are credits which haven't been removed
>Those don't count
I don't think you understand what the word removed means, or maybe it's all you're having trouble with. The fact the videos were released before the supposed removal of all credits is integral to the idea of removing them (which hasn't happened). If you smear shit on the wall and then say you've removed the shit from the wall but someone points out there's still shit smeared on your wall you can't just say, "Well that was there before I said I removed it so doesn't count." This isn't difficult. You're fucking retarded.

Okami itself is mediocre. Never got the love for that game

he also cucked Sony in the nastiest way possible

I remember when he used to make games too.
I wish this game director would go back at doing that.

Attached: 1544234283785.jpg (800x600, 57K)

He's a pretty cool dude. I hated hack n slashes aside from DMC3 but Platinum made me love them. And all his other games, he has an insane amount of past work to show off

Excellent