BLOODLINES 2 THREAD

Questions:

What are your hopes for the new game?
What are your fears for it?
Why are Gangrel the best clan?

Attached: Guide_to_the_Sabbat_Cover.png (816x1056, 1.53M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-AcfyuoyOkg?list=FLdSuXSeQXpX_Xax4qNKMnlw
whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Caiaphas_Smith
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>What are your fears for it?

Attached: Bloodlines 2 quick rundown.jpg (3100x4288, 2.85M)

Attached: Bloodlines 2 Accessibility plagued by Neo-cons.jpg (757x2419, 428K)

>What are your hopes for the new game?
is good
is bad

fpbp

Attached: Bloodlines 2 Oyungezer, Turkish game magazine.png (1764x2236, 1.4M)

>neocons

Will Rush Limbaugh ever stop harassing disabled gamers?

>What are your hopes
It's fine, I've given up.

What's your predictions for the story? What we know so far:

>You are sired in a mass siring by a rogue vampire, pretty much what amounts to a terrorist attack in the middle of the city
>You are a weak-af Gen13(14?) thinblood. So far from Caine that you barely have any power, and ny clan-power
>The Camarilla sends out vampire SWAT to fucking kill each and every one of you
>Obviously you survive, and prove your worth somehow
>You will gain more powers in the game, and its confirmed that you will gain a clan bloodline down the line
>Somewhere in all this there is a big conflict between traditionalist and technologist vampires, probably because its increasingly hard to keep the Masquerade up in todays digital society

So what's going to happen here? Diableriee, they'll let you eat whoever sired you, and you get to chose what clan they belong to? I imagine the plot resolves around you aligning yourself with either traditionalists or newfag vampires trying to change the course of the Masquerade.

>Why are Gangrel the best clan?
because the only true anarchy is independence

>some random fucking jabroni with no connection to the game begging on twitter for features
How is this at all relevant

We know you're all taken before a court proceeding like the first game but the location is firebombed

how come lacriox go tthe LA gig?

Odds on the prologue being called 'Night Court'

what are some good mods other than the plus patch? i have already played through the game with the Basic patch once.

Attached: 1.png (800x1150, 778K)

Do we really need to have a rolling thread on this? The last one just died

If a thin blood is able to diablerize a 8th generation with little to no consequences then MAN shit is so fucked that it's essentially vampire mad max. Anything less and I'll be disappointed.

There's nothing amazing for the game but the CQM is the best you'll get. It adds a lot of new content including a new hub and it's not a total fucking garbage fire in terms of quality.

5E book has already mentioned that Diablerie is more common now, used as a reward sometimes when a blood hunt is called. I imagine its so because the bloodlines are running thin, they might not be able to afford to lose a lower generation.

>If a thin blood is able to diablerize a 8th generation with little to no consequences
Circumstance is everything. V5 explicitly says if the consumed is the target of a Blood Hunt, then you can diablerize them with pride.

>Blood Hunt called
>you and every other Thin Blood that were part of the Mass Embrace fighting for that juicy target

Yeah they mention that the survivors from that event are called the 'unsanctioned seven'. You see a survivor killed in front of you by a hitman, but he says your not on his list and he lets you off. We then receive a phone call detailing the basics of feeding, so it's fair to say that we have someone who is trying to get us to act as their servant in exchange for protection. Maybe the other unsanctioned seven will act as rivals in the blood hunt?

Attached: 1.jpg (3388x2392, 1.69M)

Attached: 2.jpg (3392x2388, 2.29M)

Attached: 3.jpg (3392x2392, 2.1M)

Attached: 4.jpg (3388x2392, 2.11M)

>What are your hopes for the new game?
none whatsoever

being made by Paradox and nuWolf

>posting oWoD shit

what's the point? trying to trick people into thinking it will be based on oWoD?

>mist, telekinesis, bat wings
Bloodlust Shadowhunter is kind of like VtMB and did all this stuff, it made exploration a bit more fun.

This from the PC Gamer article? You got a link?

Never mind, I am a fool

13 isn't thinblood.
That's the base starting gen for the tabletop game.
14 and 15 are thin.
15 is the last gen, not capable of embrace but can make kids.

Anonymous, the "oWoD" and "nWoD" systems are outdated. It's Vampire: the Masquerade again, Vampire: the Requiem has been exiled to the "Chronicles of Darkness" tag. Since the success of V20 and M20 they have decided to return to WoD as the central universe, meaning this new edition is simply a fifth edition continuation of "oWoD". So yes, it is, it a roundabout way that you will surely try and deny, despite it having no elements of Requiem whatsoever and being back to Masquerade's universe and metaplot.

>5 clans
>gangrel and tremere confirmed
>implying the other 3 wont be toreador, ventrue and brujah
>implying I want to spend 30$ to play a malkavian or nosferatu
I fucking hate paradox so much.

They've said all clans will be free

I dont believe that for a second.

Any chance of Lesombra now that they're by and large a Camarilla faction?

Ok

I wouldn't write it off but definitely not base game

Toreador is a filler clan, Brujah is Gangrel but blacker. Nosferatu are a flavor that interfere with the game so they might be out.
However I cannot fathom them removing Malkavian in any universe. Malkavians are one of the draws.

>gangrel and tremere confirmed
Source? Last thread people were pretty sure Gangrel were out

We progressed beyond V:tM's metaplot. Things have progressed.

The unfortunate thing is that despite going back to the old stuff, V5's metaplot is by far the worst aspect of the game, and parts of it flat out don't make sense in relation to other parts of it. Moving forward has done the game no favors.

>get camarilla approved
>diablerie
... isn't diablerie like, super-crime or something ? And something that anyone with basic Auspex will spot from the other side of town ?
Or did it get changed and now it's just a rude way to say hello ?

Tremere are confirmed. The other clan they mentioned is all about punching. My guess is Brujah not Gangrel personally.

How can it be a super-crime if it's approved? That's not how crimes works.

"if you want to be a guy who punches people" sounds a whole lot like a gangrel to me

It depends on who you do it to. Tremere wasn't so popular for a while after he did it because the guy he did it to was literally the best guy.

Strong talk from a dude who calls himself "EAT CHILDREN."

I for one love that the Masquerade has suffered a fundamental crack at the highest level and the resultant formation of the Second Inquisition shows that the kine ain't takin' shit lying down any longer.

Attached: 1554348052166.png (521x906, 508K)

Brujah are a lot less interesting than Gangrel, but they are the poster boys of the Anarchs so they'll be in.

What's wrong with the new metaplot? I think it's fine personally

Its taboo af, but I think the idea is that the Camarilla is getting desperate. The modern world is more and more a threat to them, the digital world makes maintaining the Masquerade fucking hard, and humans could wipe out all vampires if their existence became public knowledge.

Every new generation of vampire is weak and Cains blood is soon all but spent, and while that serves the purposes of vampires who want weaker underlings to do their bidding, it doesn't serve the Kindred as a whole.

I do think that is a cool holdover from CofD's Hunter, but the major problem with that is it's inconsistent as fuck who gets hunted and who dosen't. The Anarchs for example are sliding by with little trouble despite doing things that should get this hyper-vigilant supranational Second Inquisition on their tail.

It does make me look forward to the upcoming hunter book to be entirely honest though. It was always my shit.

What IS the new metaplot?

It's inconsistent is my biggest problem. They had a lot of good ideas but didn't do the legwork to get them to work well together.

>Gangrels

They are probably not in. Malk's have a following that's iconic at this point, Gangrels not so much. Wouldn't be surprised if they are out entirely.

Attached: 1554140533725.png (679x554, 585K)

blue haired twitter madam

Beckett is a gangrel. They're not cutting them.

You can have Beckett without having them be a player choice.

Attached: gangrel.jpg (1106x772, 251K)

Well, yes, but I meant more in relation to them cutting them entirely.

Second Inquisition. Lots of clan mix ups. Camarilla now views the Anarchs as a fully opposing faction now that the Sabbat aren't a problem. Camarilla is also pretty viable for new vampires now.

youtu.be/-AcfyuoyOkg?list=FLdSuXSeQXpX_Xax4qNKMnlw

Would you welcome a return of the deb of night?

Gangrel can grow claws though

>Camarilla is also pretty viable for new vampires now.

They didn't use to be?

Your chance of progression was next to nothing. If you're not progressing what's the point of the Camarilla? They've had a hierarchy shake up now through the Beckoning.

>OP's pic

What sort of aesthetic is that called and how come we don't see it anymore?

Wasn't the idea that you were supposed to play the politics smart? You cozied up to a powerful kindred, did their bidding, got power that way. Maybe betray them down the line.

The year is 2018. The Week of Nightmares was 19 years ago and Gehenna STILL hasn't happened, so we're wondering if Caine's having a nap or if it was just a freak accident.
Many clans have changed positions. Brujah are now out of the Camarilla entirely, they've gone Anarch. The Anarch faction as a whole is now officially recognized as an independent force by the Camarilla (who used to just say "no, all vampires are Camarilla" in spite of all evidence to the contrary). Lasombra has mostly returned to the Camarilla, the Sabbat as a faction is no longer functional, the Tzimisce are in retreat. The Giovanni have been nearly entirely destroyed, and the Ravnos are closer to extinction than ever since the Gangrel are still hunting what few survivors of the Week of Nightmares remain.

I hope they can get Deb back, they already announced a similar show for the new game.

What about the healer vampires?

Yeah LaCroix spent a good couple centuries doing that and he's a Prince. Which, in the grand scheme of the Camarilla is fuck all and just made him a bigger target.

Good news. She is.

I actually really hated the show. Never got the appeal.

Are there any powerful human organization or are they all just fodders for even the lower vamps?

Those are major changes for vampire society in just 20 years. This is just about the west coast of the new world right? Not the entire planet?

Rik interview when?
We all know the soundtrack will be one of the most important parts of the game.

Salubri? There's like single digits of them and they Diablerise each other to keep that number consistent

You mean the fuckin' Salubri? Those mary sues haven't even been mentioned. Consider them extinct, I guess.

Honestly we need to sabotage his life and turn it to shit again so he can be in the same place he was in when he wrote the first game's OST

Why?

I mean, Bloodlines 2 is gonna be about Seattle, but that guy asked about the metaplot. All that stuff applies generally worldwide.

Whole world. He forgot to mention that the Tremere are no longer a unified clan because their main chantry got raided and wiped it to a man by Delta Force and the Vatican police.

The Followers of Set have also rebranded as The Ministry and tried to join the Camarilla. They were rejected so joined the Anarchs. Oh and the Assamites joined the Camarilla too. Why are the Gangrel hunting the Ravnos?

Attached: autism the masquerade.png (856x778, 140K)

>Why are the Gangrel hunting the Ravnos?
The Gangrel and Ravnos have been at war for centuries, owing to legends of the Gangrel's origins and their dispute over who gets the Roma people. The Week of Nightmares obliterating them just made the Ravnos the losers of that war.

What if Yea Forums had a Masquerade like WoD? Who would be who?

I'm really fearing for the worst in this game. If it's a bunch of LGBT Cancer I'm not buying it.

Technocracy is basically stronger than all the vampires, which is why they were the ones to finish off an Antedeluvian when everyone else was struggling, and they're human. Proper vampire hunters with True Faith are also pretty strong.

The second inquisition has been formed after humanity has learned about the Vamp's existence, and the Vienna Chantry of Clan Tremere was destroyed. The SI thought this was the head of all vampire activity, so they aren't as gun-ho as before, but Vampires in Europe are having a much harder time now.

Calling mages humans is a little cheating. Mages are demigods among humanity. They don't see the Sleepers as equal to themselves and nobody should see them equal to mundanes.

Pic is probably the worst of it. But I doubt we'll be seeing any of this in game, Mitsoda has never mentioned it.

Attached: 1554388557792.png (1347x822, 260K)

VtMB already had gay/bi characters and nobody cared because they didn't use it to make a statement and shove it in your face. This is one of the few games that has potential to do it properly.

>Some random neonate took on a True Brujah and lived

Uhhhhhh

Attached: true brujah.png (1292x1100, 990K)

Camarilla Brujah doesn't mean True Brujah

I agree that if it takes an extreme view of LGBT that doesn't make sense for the setting i'll be angry. But homosexuality has always been an element of WoD, just not one that's needed emphasis. Really, you're a vampire, your former human sexuality shouldn't be that important to you anymore. It just needs to be handled appropriately.

Where to?

Attached: caine.png (500x500, 221K)

Guys what if they make fun of Trump...

Oh n oooooo not making fun of the President, how will WoD ever recover

Attached: download.jpg (1024x640, 104K)

Aztechnology building.

wrong urban fantasy

Seattle is a big place chummer.

So when VtmB 2 gets released what pronouns are you going to use?
I hope we get a bigoted NPC who looks like Trump and purposely ignores pronouns who we can then kill to recover humanity

I'll go for male pronouns with a male body

I want a gunsmith who if we do quests for him will end up making us an incredibly powerful weapon.

Memes aside if I can play a big tittied shemale I'm gonna, that goes for anything.

What's the best clan for Sabbat playthrough in CQM? Gangrel?

Caine go home, you're drunk

>tfw for the first time, I opnened it

Attached: tumblr_olhdigzRk51tbx211o1_500.gif (500x342, 1.8M)

I'm going to play as a game and screenshot Republican jokes to make incels here shit their pants with rage.

Its a OWoD fans myth that the NWoD tanked and failed because it didnt have their favorite clans or bestiality in Werewolf. With the exception of Beast all games were comercially a sucess and did well (You can argue that Geist didnt went well, but its because it was completely sold out due to transition for print in demand).
OWoD simply returned because boomers that did LARP of Vampire Masquerade bought all the rights for it.
btw. Sabbat book was great.

Yeah I got fucked. I was playing a Camarilla loyalist though, so I took it to a logical conclusion

The logical conclusion would have been siding with Max and having it locked away. Going back to LaCroix is just not learning from everything you've been shown about Kindred politics

first time I played through the game was on release, and then I think I went some kind of anarch and did not open it.
second time I played a tremere, and it seemed natural to instate the primogen. I had meant to try it both ways that time, but I didn't realize how far I back I was gonna have to go, and then I just dropped it.
and now I just finished my 3rd run.

so for 15 years I've wondered, and That's what was in there.

Really , well maybe i was dumb.

Or Brujah. Plus the Brujah are the Anarch poster boys so they will absolutely be in the game, same with the Ventrue and Camarilla. Toreador and Gangrel will most likely be cut because they are kind of redundant, they won't have any gimmicks like all the other remaining clans

Attached: freg.jpg (400x400, 17K)

They can all work but I liked the idea of a Toreador in the Sabbat

Dont spoil it, first playthrough but dear God is whats inside this "casket" really that big a deal?

Probably because no other vampire wanted to hitch their career to a lost cause, but LaCroix is ambitious.

It's literally the biggest mystery in the game. You're told by so many NPC's to not open it throughout the game but it's just so tempting. Now leave before you're spoiled.

Hunter the Vigil was fantastic.

man I wish troika actually had that extra year to finish and patch up the game.

originally there were more areas and the endgame wasn't supposed to be a mook slaughterfest.

worst thing is that troika intended for all clans to have unique dialogue options in every conversation, that would've been something else.

Lads I really want a vampire game but none are good

Don't Open this Spoiler

What would be your ideal vampire game?

Attached: When you open it.jpg (576x432, 29K)

WHEN YOU OPEN IT YOU WAKE UP AN OLD VAMPIRE AND START THE APOCALYPSE

Attached: 1553684179529.png (732x772, 34K)

I guess it'd be something RPGy with a proper skill tree, but with a good mixture of combat and talking and especially a focus on stealth. I'd like some supernatural abilities that can be expanded upon depending on your play style, maybe choose a clan/sire/affiliation at the start like in Bloodlines and depending on that you'll get different abilities or at least start with different strengths/weaknesses. Story heavy would be a big plus.
I really wanted to like Vampyr but the story was shit, the combat was meh and stealth was non-existent besides "press F to stun/feed behind skal"

You don't. it's already awake.

>Submitting to a sparkly Jewbag instead of making a grab for ultimate power
You know nothing of vamp politics

So Bloodlines with better combat and stealth?

Ultimate power

Yeah great. How'd that turn out for you and Seb?

Well that little casket holds a fucking antediluvian a third gen vampire that can pretty much fuck the world

A completely normal non-supernatural mummy and enough C4 to level a city block.

Top tier hunters can solo all but the strongest vamps and are basically Batman Jesuses
There's one Hunter who's like 90 and feeds off the blood of vamps he kills. The standing order for if he's in town is to just evacuate the whole fucking city and hope he dies of old age

Billy and Mandy tier or Final Boss of a Mario and Luigi game tier?

Yeah, pretty much.

who was he? what was his deal? why did he vanish?

Attached: 5666666345123.jpg (1257x976, 114K)

>Moreover your choice of clan will provide access to unique abilities and also unique locations in the game
>If you want to see truly everything of the game, you will want to play it with different clans
While I don't doubt the former, I'm having trouble believing the latter. I mean, even Bloodlines didn't really have anything particularly different about playing with either a Gangrel or a Brujah, nothing changed save your signature Discpline, narrative stayed the same.

Death Mage

Suffering.

Attached: 1521948218159.png (562x247, 134K)

Honestly they probably just more unique Havens and Clan/Sect headquarters or something

The ending will probably not change, at best they will get a few exclusive characters, quests and maybe a hub or haven.

IIRC, Nephandi.

Not talking about the ending, just the game in general. How much could someone's Brujah, Toreador, Ventrue or Gangrel playthroughs differentiate story-wise, really?

Story wise not expecting that much. Although BL1's real strength was the side quests, in a large part because the last 1/3rd of the game is a rushed mess. Hopefully they can make the ending worthwhile while remembering the its not the main attraction.

This from Gehenna

Why is God so based

One of the scenarios, yes.

Attached: Ancient Mysteries.png (1368x1542, 3.95M)

i have to ask, what's the deal with people having "she/her" in their profile on twitter?

>Why are Gangrel the best clan?

You mean Tremere?

very sound theory, appreciated.

their preferred pronouns, how they'd like to be addressed

As long as I get pic related I'm in

Attached: 1512908543826.png (400x224, 134K)

Diablerie is allowed against the target of a Blood Hunt. I guess you could get away with it in a moment of self-defense as well, although good luck actually managing to pull it off against a lower gen vampire. And besides there's the whole thing where if the vampire you succed dry was particularly powerful/strong-willed, you might end up getting possessed by their blood, so in general your average vamp doesn't even consider the idea.

Why doesn't he just apologize?

>sorry for inventing murder

Because he did nothing wrong.

Attached: Fuck Abel.png (555x566, 148K)

I believe that's all it takes to end the curse. Or at least it did, maybe that window has closed since then

In one of the Gehenna scenarios, Caine did ask God if he could bring Abel back so he could apologize. Once God did so, Caine killed Abell all over again.

rolling a tall as fuck nosferatu named Bull

Madlad

Attached: 1543937858353.gif (457x251, 1.32M)

That is honestly god damn fucking hilarious

Apologizing would've ended the curse, if he did it when the angels appeared to him in the desert.
Now the only way to truly end it is for Caine to somehow achieve Golconda himself. Good fucking luck with that, since he's way too hard headed and stubborn for that option.

1. Is Malkavian PC confirmed?
2. If yes. Is it half assed or fully realized?

Playing Malkavian in Bloodlines without any prior knowledge was the best decision of my gaming career.

i love how the article on the right-hand side of the pic essentially says that only right-wingers are bad, didn't notice a single bad word about antifa or left-wingers...

Clan specific endings would be the easiest thing to implement because they don't have to think how they would affect the game afterwards

gotcha, although i feel like that should be fairly obvious. if someone looks like or tries to look like a woman -> she/her, otherwise he/him ?
i don't buy into the "3rd sex" or whatever it is called

And he wonders why God is being a dick

>i don't buy into the "3rd sex" or whatever it is called
Well but some people do, hence the pronoun thing.

they've said they'd like to approach mental illness more respectively. what that actually means, who knows.

I hope they don't make the dialogue boring, BL1's malk is one fun ride. If they do intend to water down the overall insanity, I still wish there's going to be at least on 1option per dialogue that's just like in BL1.

I would be absolutely pissed if gangrel weren’t in. They are one of the only unique classes in the game why the fuck would they cut it out? Fuck malks they are just “cuhrazy” and nothing special. Going protean war form is way cooler than anything else in the game.

I hope by that they mean more subtle insanity rather than the dipshit "Leopold is a good name for a turtle!" crap that made up most of the Malk's dialogue. More stuff like calling Jeannette a Daughter of Janus you know.

a dinosaur that will bring gehenna

just a slight hint, if you don't open it you will be disappointed

Attached: 1554225918456.jpg (1080x1350, 137K)

As long as i can play Nosferatu and be a bit of a pervert i'm good. Want to spy the shit out of everyone, literally in some cases.
Also hoping for a cozy b̶a̶t̶t̶l̶e̶s̶t̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ haven again.

Attached: Nosbattlestation.jpg (1024x640, 166K)

There are going to be five clans plus one bonus clan. Most people think that the Malks are going to be in, from the sheer pressure from fans. There have been statements by the co-writer about treating mental illness with respect, but that's about it.

Attached: 1554386852337.png (577x241, 182K)

Actually that's probably one of the clans that won't be in game during launch.

As long as they remove all of the cringy anti-republican "humor".

Attached: 1554377863446.png (2588x1336, 1.39M)

Bonus could be just staying as thin-blood, it's the only way that even makes sense

Really hope Gangrel's in the game

Honestly I'm hoping for this. The PCGamer article out today says you can only choose one out of Nebulation, Mentalism and Chipoteran so maybe you get to use the other two if you remain a Thin Blood

Me too. I honestly don’t know what I would play as if it isn’t in. I would be open to nos but I doubt that will be in at launch.

I suppose a bonus could be a unfamiliar bloodline? Like the Nagaraja , but that would be fucking WILD if that's included but putting something niche lack that in but keep fans favourites out would be weird

Attached: 1554113504702.jpg (473x654, 41K)

>treating mental illness with respect, but that's about it.
My guess is that they simply will follow a serious route instead of a comic one. Maybe use some real problem as a basis for the character? I mean, that's how it is on the books, some Malkavians suffer a lot.
Yeah, i don't doubt it. Besides, the whole "thin-blood picking up a clan later", not many people in their right minds would pick "sewer monster" over "sexy human with powers".
Still, a Stealth gameplay would increse greatly the overall gameplay time. They would be crazy not to do it at least on an expansion.

wasn't there a stealth playthrough in the first one, nosferatu iirc?

Yeah from the Malk view the comedy and the suffering are both valid. My favourite part about Malks was fucking with people anyway, like saying passwords or knowing things before people say anything.

There was, but this game sounds less hub-based, more open world, and on a vastly larger scale. Having to implement stealth backdoors for Nos for everything would be an utter pain in the ass and definitely make the game worse.

Yes, that's my point.

My thing is we already have three generic vampire clans (ventrue, toreador, brujah) the only “unique” clans we have are gangrel, nos, Tremere and an extension Malk which is a little vanilla in my opinion. It bothers me that THESE are the ones that are either to be not in the game at launch or completely cut when they should be in no matter what. Fuck the three boring classes I want to have cool powers and not be so generic.

>There was, but this game sounds less hub-based, more open world, and on a vastly larger scale
Where are you getting this from when we have literally been told it's hub based

Toreador could be cut as a playable clan with precious few caring.

My top five would be;
Ventrue, Brujah, Tremere, Malkavian, Gangrel with Nosferatu and Lesombra being DLC.

Hubs confirmed aside, the only thing that is confirmed vastly greater in number is the dialogue options.

I'm sold on Gangrel being part of the confirmed Werewolf expansion

They didn't confim those three though, did they? While i'm ok with them i think Ventrue would hardly be an unique experience, all of their powers also belong to another clan, and the influence thing could go to the Toreador charm. I also think that they wil not cut Tremere out simply because it was too much fun using Thaumaturgy on the first one.

imho it could go
>Toreador
>Brujah
>Gangrel
>Tremere
>Nos
>Bonus: Malk

That lineup makes sense, but maybe the swap out the Gangrel, they'll probably come up with the Werewolf expansion.

>Malk not being core
Brah

with Celerity theyre pretty godlike ora ora people-tearing motherfuckers with time stopped
thats like saying Toreador are boring

Tremere are all but confirmed with them saying there's a clan in the game for people who like wizards

>Malk not being core
>Brah
Exactly. Once the bonus is finally available everyone will get hyped over it.

The idea that Toreador are more interesting than Ventrue is the faggiest, most Toreador opinion you could possibly have.

what's the point of having vampire waifus if vamps can't have sex?

Beckett's dead

This. My bet is on the "bonus" option being remaining a Thin Blood or it's a pre-order bonus Malk option.

He's fine. I don't think he dies in any of the Gehenna scenarios never mind the actually canon timeline of V5

The first couple caine turned killed themselves when they realised they couldn't have kids. Work out from that what you will

Oh. I didn’t know that there was already confirmed DLC about werewolves. It would make the most sense thematically for Gangrel to be added with that.

Holding clans hostage to pre-order bonuses is the scummiest fucking thing I can imagine, and for that reason I am now sure that's what they are going for.

Attached: 1554108380932.png (503x751, 552K)

>Whatever you did the first time is the CANONically the choice you did for the rest of your life

Hey, everyone, point at the people who opened it and laugh!
Haha! He's the "opened it"-guy!

>1. Is Malkavian PC confirmed?

Attached: file.png (1764x1962, 1.72M)

It'll break my heart if it's true since right now it's just cosmetics and 24 hour early access. I hope I'm wrong and I really have nothing to go off other than a bad feeling

>Strange beings have ventured into Seattle, and threaten the Masquerade. Expand your Vampire: The Masquerade® - Bloodlines™ 2 story into the Season of the Wolf.

>The Season of the Wolf includes
>Two Story Packs which will take you deeper into the underbelly of Seattle and introduce some of the more fantastical denizens from the World of Darkness.
>One major Expansion in which the vampires' greatest enemy enters Seattle.

Well, they already said what the preorder bonuses will be, so i think the bonus clan will just be released later to get people to play once again after a while. Reason why i think it's Malk or some other popular clan.

Don't open it.

that's lame, at least they're good to look at

That wall of text did not answer his question or bring anything new, other then restating "we want a mature approach to mental illness".

>implying this isn't Paradox after all
>implying DLC moneygrabing isn't the the one thing they know best and characterises them
>implying we didn't expect this and we are surprised

Attached: Dk1PiHbXcAAhVsX.jpg (801x1200, 164K)

shit
whats his name?

But why wouldn't it be listed as a clan?

whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Caiaphas_Smith

Why would they go for bloodline when there's plenty of clans left to implement in the game? Followers of Set, Ravnos, Giovanni, Lasombra, Tzimisce, Assamite - these are all far more viable options for post-release content than minor bloodlines like the Nagaraja.

I mean, have you forgotten how the Nagaraja feed? You'd have no humanity whatsoever.

Attached: deformity_by_suzumeyu-d6vohtu.jpg (2015x3505, 1.75M)

honestly if gangrel aren't playable I might not even buy lol

>Allegiance: Himself
Based.

This is my first time dealing with Paradox, but the carving up of the game is depressing as fuck.

Gangrels do seem to be a fan favourite next to Malks. They will probably say which clans are getting DLC before launch to swade people such as yourself into buying it.

The clans haven't been revealed yet, calm down

>visiting seattle a few years ago
>think about how neat it would be if they set a vtm game there, looking at the various locations and coming up with hubs and who would own the hubs
>it actually gets created
>but gangrel seem to be unplayable
I influence reality but still don't get everything I want
theres a power for this

At least he wasn't the 'sided with the kuei-jin' guy
those are the real dum-dums

Monkey paw'd.

I was just memeing really, I don't expect them to get any representation outside of maybe Pisha.

Toreador should be cut as the game will have weapons as short term pickups only, making them just faggy brujah who can't fight

Monkeys paw dude. Don't know if Pioneer Square was one of your hub ideas since that's confirmed to be the first one

I genuinely hope so

Attached: vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-preview-7.jpg (3840x2163, 773K)

>infiltrate sabbat werehouse
>possibly kill loads of humans and shovelheads along the way
>plant bombs and blow that fucker up
>4xp

>walk across the street and grab some eyes from a locker
>4xp

what did the devs mean by this

maybe he meant the trans people

They are not stupid, a DLC strategy that works with historical simulators with limitless replayability does not work with a story driven RPG. They won't lock character classes behind DLC

Attached: 5beb6269.png (289x217, 65K)

That towards the end of the game the amount of exp needed to level up has increased so in order for you to not be gimped they give you more of it. It's pretty standard RPG design you dunce.

>DLC before launch to swade people such as yourself into buying it.
The thing that sucks is that I'll probably either have the game sitting in my library or not even buy it until i get my rip-n-tear
And by that point I'm sure the entire story and everything will have been spoiled

I think I had somewhere across the bridge in the more residential-ish area, downtown, around key arena/space needle and capitol hill as hubs

There's no point in having both Gangrel and Brujah.

I figure in the first third of the game they were keeping it apace, then in the second third they realized that they had no fucking time for the third third and had to make it a mess of combat to make up for it, so they had to ramp up the combat difficulty urgo second third you get a shitton of exp. Put it all down to the last third being a mess.

God if this game is half of my hopes it will still be in my top ten.

They did mention in the recent interview with PC gamer that if they had anything less then a instant classic they would have failed in publishing BL2. At the same time, given the modern game industry no amount of greed is off the table, and the price you pay of having a single player AAA RPG in 2020 is large parts of it are carved out to DLC.

Attached: 1554291068577.jpg (600x600, 37K)

>but gangrel seem to be unplayable
and nothing of value was lost, tremere is all you need my dude

>tfw edgy fleshcrafter playable never ever

Attached: LogoClanTzimisce.png (500x530, 22K)

Attached: vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-preview-4.jpg (3840x2160, 324K)

Yeah this is why they are out of the 'core' clans, they already said they are trying to make each clan mechanically distinct, and more then just different disciplines. And that means two 'punch it' classes and two 'social' classes are not needed.

>tremere is all you need my dude
*gets utterly owned by reality every time they try to better themselves*

Attached: vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-preview-5.jpg (3840x2160, 502K)

There's no point in not having the original 7 playable

am I the only one that sees Gordon Freeman here

Wouldn't they be seen as heroes nowadays tho?

Attached: vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-preview-8.jpg (3840x2160, 364K)

Didn't you hear the news?
It's 5 clans plus one wild card.

Attached: vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-preview-10.jpg (3840x2160, 948K)

>Game is set in Seattle

Will we get a woods hub area? Will we get Twin Peaks atmospheric kino?

Attached: big_1440261058_image.jpg (1280x720, 31K)

I know, again cutting it down to 5 means whoever likes 6 and 7 gets shafted

Devs/Paradox have said more clans will be released later on as free DLC.

Attached: vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-preview-11.jpg (3126x1760, 532K)

>[angry werewolf noises intensify]

Single player games don't make enough money to make it to the 2nd DLC.

Attached: vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-preview-13.jpg (3840x2160, 601K)

If humanity fuck yeah hunters aren't playable I'm out.

>That fire wasn't an accident!

So this would be the undercity of Seattle they keep mentioning. Interesting.

We've got a Werewolf expansion so I can see it being the new hub for that

>the price you pay of having a single player AAA RPG in 2020 is large parts of it are carved out to DLC.
Any examples? The biggest RPGs of the last few years have been Fallout 4 and The Witcher 3 and I don't remember that sort of shenanigans. In the last few years we've seen that trying to squeeze every last penny out of your customers ends up backfiring while playing the good guy gets you good press aka free advertising and that turns into profit

Yeah, I don't know a lot about the great fire or whatever but it sounds like most the city got paved over in the 19th century. New article out today says you escape in the opening by going through the ruins of it.

Are you fucking retarded? Witcher 3 comes to mind first, but even without it, Paradox games existing prove how fucking wrong you are. Not to mention countless others as well. Have you been in a coma for the past 10-15 years?

Attached: 06-img-half-half-preorder2.jpg (1436x1280, 271K)

Attached: 1550021348824.jpg (3000x1737, 878K)

Witcher 3 and Dark Souls 3

Don't open it, it creates mustard gas.

Attached: hGYZlmN.jpg (2000x1094, 674K)

The ones that come later get more development time.

wow that mustard

Attached: D131xErXQAIQbQM.jpg large.jpg (2000x1125, 384K)

>no Gangrel
Lame as fuck.

Attached: 11816.jpg (640x480, 87K)

Not sure what he is on about, most major RPG releases get loads of content post launch, even the latest Dragon Age got a ton.

Oh shit this could be the exterior to what we think is the Brujah haven. Does somebody have an image to compare

19 years later and I am still mad I couldn't save Erik from the Tremere.

Attached: D131X8fXQAELG68.jpg large.jpg (2000x1094, 311K)

Attached: announcement-screen-00-1553227557935.jpg (3840x2160, 759K)

RIP Brujah.

>all those cables

Attached: Gee. I wonder who those pumpkin bombs belong to..jpg (1280x720, 57K)

why do we think those are all pics of havens

They accompany the currently nameless tabs on the Clan section of the official website

well 1 and 2 definitely fit the mark, I'd say 3 looks more malkavian, unless the Brujah enjoy sitting around in a bunch of bloody stains and shit
4 and 5 look about right though. 6 still seems a mystery to me it better fucking be gangrel

NO HOPE

6 is way too normal looking to be Gangrel

Mall was confirmed by one of the writers or devs. Sorry for being a HUGE faggot but I cannot source it at this time.

Where do you get these pictures?

I've honestly been poring over every detail we've got and I haven't seen this

Strong enough to make it succeed. Weak enough that he wouldn't automatically gain power, and thus need opposition. Ambitious, so if you hate him, you're better off letting him plot away from you.

Have they even botherd to unfuck the sabbat in v5?

Sabbat are all but destroyed. There was a Second Inquisition which they obviously didn't do too well in. Lasombra have left and joined the Camarilla.

>rather than the dipshit "Leopold is a good name for a turtle!" crap that made up most of the Malk's dialogue.
That kind was not the majority of the Malk dialogue. Dunno why so many people keep saying this. Most of it was just a bit of wordplay.

Dark souls is a multiplayer game.

>[booming GET FUCKED NEEEEEEEEEEEERD in the distance]
i love vengeful OT God

Neither of its DLC were multiplayer focused

The core of the game is the multiplayer.

It most definitely isn't.

Invasions and co-op are what drags people in.

Bullshit

What about vampires that love God and still worship him

Why?

People want to play with other people.

If Dark Souls didn't have multiplayer elements it wouldn't have sold a fraction of what it did.

Vampires are damned, God doesn't want them.

god damn, her acting as devious demon whore is fucking amazing. I would be lying if I said she couldn't tempt me, and I don't mean for the segs.

It helped it sell because of that. It is not the main focus at all.

>The Anarchs for example are sliding by with little trouble despite doing things that should get this hyper-vigilant supranational Second Inquisition on their tail.
I mean that's pretty much directly contradicted by a Nosferatu in the Camarilla book. It's just that the Cam is obviously the bigger target

Attached: file.png (359x831, 53K)

>It's inconsistent is my biggest problem.
Sounds like any WoD metaplot to me. Because let's be honest here, consistency was never a strength of WW

>Ambitious, so if you hate him, you're better off letting him plot away from you.
good point.

If they're pure to the point of reaching enlightenment then God tosses them a bone and lets them go back to being human
But if they fuck up in the process they get overtaken by the beast within until they reach final death

Clan of tran

;_;

It's as much a copypasta as the OP. Seems fitting.

Listen to what's left of your soul. God wants you to open it.

>true brujah
Do you have any idea what words mean?

Isn't a bit iffy to trust the Nosferatu since their incompetence is the entire reason the SI is happening

The latest push is, out of imagined respect for the genderqueer, that EVERYONE should put their preferred pronouns out front, and that failing to do so is an act of bigotry.

My current workplace requires them on all nametags, biz cards and emails.

>become a creature that is killed by merely stepping in sunlight, has to sustain itself by living off the blood of others, and even gaining new disabilities or disfigurements if you're unlucky enough with the clan lottery
>continuing to even so much as like a God if you even believe in one at that point

Wormwood is very clear that Caine is just a fucking manchild that needs to apologize. Also that the curse is literally all on Caine for his retardation

Attached: wormwood.png (1203x1617, 1.74M)

you can very easily rationalize it as a test of faith
to become one of the damned and come out the other end a saint is a good story

Tests of faith are bullshit

>1. Is Malkavian PC confirmed?
No.

Toreador would make the romantically minded lose their shit.

Well, yes. That's exactly the point.

>Schreknet is supposedly far more advanced than any mortal hacker could break
>Somehow hacked anyways
>Within a short time the Anarchs, Sabbat, and all other manner of supernaturals are getting their shit pushed in by vampire hunters
>Camarilla remains practically untouched
Really makes you think.

How the fuck does that even work. I know that's it's hard to do but it shouldn't even be possible. Far removed from Caine or not you're still dead. A walking corpse. How can you produce sperm or eggs? You can't just be "kinda dead"

Very nice fan theory. The Camarilla have not benefited from the SI

Sounds like classic PnP XP.

Vampires being overconfident shitheads is a running theme in this setting
Cammys are doing better than the rest because they keep their heads down

Wasn't the Technocratic Union supposed to be part of the Second Inquisition? Their presence and participation could have explained how any human might have gotten through the Nosferatu's own network.

>>Schreknet is supposedly far more advanced than any mortal hacker could break
I don't really get this, hacking has only really been around for 60 or so years, it's not as if the nossies had some kind of super head start on their tech

Guy who posted this. Is there candy in the casket?

I wasn't aware there were people that sided with the Kuei-jin

>Schreknet is supposedly far more advanced than any mortal hacker could break
That was always retarded and you know it.
Nothing in being a vampire would make them better programmers

3 might be Malkavian or Gangrel, maybe even Tzimisce
6 might be Brujah (they used to be scholars and philosophers) or Tzimisce

Sure, why not.

>having a fire in your haven

Ballsy. I respect it.

I heard there was some Solid Snake x Blade tier badass human who was slaughtering a bunch of high level Vampires.

Whats that about? Will White Blade be in the new game you think or is his power level too high?

Attached: ThinkignBoutEggplants.png (384x384, 130K)

I saw some around here a while ago, but I think they wandered into traffic or something

In Bloodlines you fight that Schwarzenegger knockoff vampire hunter and mid-fight he gets some magic armor or something. What was that about? They never say anything about it again. Was he not human?

FUCK YOU THE FIRST TIME DIDN'T COUNT.

I THOUGHT I WOULD HAVE THE OPTION TO THROW THE KEY AWAY, AND I THOUGHT GIVING IT TO HIM WOULD BE A BAD ENDING

In many ways yes. But in many more, no.

I guarantee 90% of people did not buy Dark Souls for it’s multiplayer.

True Faith mate

I dunno who you mean but there's one hunter, not even imbued, just a normal old man, who terrifies kindred so much that standing camerilla policy is to shut down the entire city and go to ground when he passes through, because this old motherfucker drinks the blood of his vampire victims to ghoul himself and prolong his lifespan, the camerilla hopes if they don't give him any blood for long enough age will get him.

I'm so confused what Dark Souls' multiplayer has to do with playing as a Tzimisce.
Are you lost, friend?

True Faith 101, it's the actual way some classic effects like driving vampires away with a cross or burning them with holy water can be done, it's also exceedingly rare, merely being a beleiver in something isn't enough, 9 out of 10 priests lack true faith, and those that do probably only have one or two points of it which doesn't get you too much in the way of effects, just basic driving them away with holy symbols, and better resistance to disciplines.
at the top end of the true faith scale, which almost nobody will ever see ever, you have straight up laying on hands to cure blindness and other such jesus level shit.

yeah like the other user said, the offer to fess up was open ended from the last angel to curse him.
It's mostly his own arrogance and sheer butthurt over the way he feels he was treated that prevents him.

It seems like the kind of place Beckett would chill in.

Haha! You're the "opened it" guy!
Hey check this out! It's the "opened it" guy! Haha!

Oh jeez what a fucking dipshit

Beckett has hung in a fucking bathroom bathtub with a towel jammed under the doorgap before.
mosttimes while traveling he just earth melds to sleep though.

It’s woeth noting that he was using miracles you can’t use until around 9 ticks of true faith.

He would have obliterated the PC if it was a PnP game.

I hope all the pronouns are voiced so I can make a fat neet xer nosferatu

I mean, yes but it seems like the play he would chill if he was in town for an extended period of time.

>f-fuck you dad
>w-wait! Why are you punishing me?
based manchild

like waht

you can't really judge bloodlines by pnp rules, he was using bullshit powers yeah but bloodlines is full of inconsistancies like that, people like to trot out that your gen is super low cos lacroix couldn't dominate you at the end but if you tell him to go fuck himself near the start he dominates you successfully.
not to mention a lot of disciplines weren't transitioned into a video game all that well, dominate has a suicide ability when that's explicitely the one thing you CANT make someone do with dominate.,

also protean war form isn't a thing until like rank 8 or something

Fair enough.

I wish the game was just a little more consistent in that regard.

turning into a wolf, a bat, or mist I guess was too much for them to do during the games tortured development.

We've got bat wings and mist in 2 at least

>dominate has a suicide ability when that's explicitely the one thing you CANT make someone do with dominate.
Actually one of the things I really like about v5 is level 5 dominate being a choice between pic related and mass dominate

Attached: file.png (276x514, 28K)

If you look at Beckett’s wolf form ingame you can almost see someone had a mental breakdown trying to get it to do literally anything.

well, thats v5 so thats new shit, I haven't gone through v5, all my books are revised edition.

I think it might be the same model that animalism uses for it's borf eating you ability.
thats another discipline that didn't translate so good to video game but to be fair I can see why it would be hard for that one.

All things of V5 considered I quite like the Discipline changes. The only thing really confusing me is Samedi and Giovanni being put into the same Clan but that'll be expanded on in another book

they're both technically bloodlines that come from the same parent clan, the cappadocians.
so I can kindof see the logic there.

The best part about V5, and the only consistently good part for that matter, are the revisions to disciplines.

The changes I'm most glad about are for the physical disciplines.
They were pretty boring before and Celerity hillariously overpowered.
Now Fortitude and Potence have really great ones as well

I hear dementation got rolled into dominate? hows that work out?
anything interesting been done to obfuscate either?

then why not include all of them day 1?

No idea. Maybe they'll develop them alongside the DLC and the full expansion

honestly my main concern about adding clans later is that I feel your clan should change dialogue a bunch, bloodlines 1 originally was going to give the malk treatment and unique haven to every clan before they had to cut that shit back.

Pic related for Dementation
Obfuscate is largely the same with some additional alternative powers like Silence of Death from previously Quietus

Attached: file.png (507x643, 56K)

Yeah I feel you. They've said unique Clan locations will be a thing in 2 so there's that. But, for example, there's a Werewolf expansion confirmed. I can't see there not being unique dialogue for a Gangrel there

diablerie is camarilla approved in some cases such as blood hunts.

so I'm noticing a lot of alternate powers for the first five dots then? used to be you'd only get that with advanced disciplines.
or god forbid combination disciplines, if I had a penny for every time a brujah wanted to make his firsts burst into flames....

last I checked gangrel weren't on any better terms with the borfs than anyone else, they just have more experience getting cross country which means dodging them mostly.
though honestly with claws of the beast and fortitude they could probably give a claith a beating unless it's an ahroun.

So the guy on the cover is Vandal Cleaver, right?
>long brownish hair
>holding a cleaver
>creepy smirk on his face
>obviously insane killer
>he expressed that really wanted to be a vampire in the first game
I don't think he'd be a great primary antagonist but I do think he'd be fun for few missions as the badguy

you know what I've never done? a low humanity playthrough in bloodlines 1, I hear you get fun alternate dialogue.

>ruin a man's life just so he can write good music again
delightfully devilish

Attached: hysterical laughter.jpg (666x632, 61K)

There are only 5 dots for disciplines currently, and it doesn't seem like the devs want to add higher levels considering they've already introduced other factors that make elders/low gen stronger than neonates/high gen.
>or god forbid combination disciplines
There are quite a few of those, now called amalgam. Dementation for example is one.
Another one is Animalism/Obfuscate of containing an entire hive of insect ghouls inside of your body.
Or pic related for presence.
They are pretty nice, especially for clan specifics

Attached: file.png (169x303, 13K)

hm, how do amalgams work? do you buy them seperately or do you just get them if you have the right secondary discipline?

I hope it becomes a social platform, and not just an MMO themepark. I hope players can slow down and stop leveling and the game becomes a hub for a community.

Attached: 1dbab70ba7b421e96081467f7d02aa6c.jpg (583x768, 126K)

I thought they had some sort of an understanding at least

It's not an MMO ya goober

>people like to trot out that your gen is super low cos lacroix couldn't dominate you at the end
I'm convinced that he botched his Dominate roll the first time he tried it in that scene, which would make you immune to it for the rest of the scene.

in a specific area, around 800 years ago.
you have to understand from the werewolves point of view vampires are leeches, lesser wyrmspawn, and often in bed with their enemies without even realizing it.
basic werewolf response to any vampire is to kill it, and they're only vaguely aware that vampire clans are a thing at all, having decided there's four kings of leech that they label 'warriors' 'rulers' and so on.

You take them instead of a different one you could get at that level.
Basically taking the Dementation example if you have Obfuscate 2 and are buying Dominate 2 or higher you can chose Dementation as the power you get.

Attached: file.png (344x559, 38K)

I see, is there just the one dementation power? feels bad to lose out on all the old ones, I once gave a man a derangement with a clever use of dementation 1 in revised edition.

who knows, maybe your willpower was just super high by that point, willpower isn't a stat in bloodlines afterall so you can't see it.

they do have that one discipline that raises wits

That first-person stuff from the trailer makes me worried. Either the game will look nothing like that, or it will,and the game itself will be very linear, because making combat will be pricey.

Eyes of Chaos got rolled into Auspex but otherwise yes.
I only really miss Voice of Madness, the rest was way too situational. Like Total Insanity sounded nice on paper but in what situation are you even going to use it?