Serious question here. Do the quests ever get better? So far they've been "go here grab x thing for me and come back"

Serious question here. Do the quests ever get better? So far they've been "go here grab x thing for me and come back".

I'm trying to give it a fair shake. I don't mind the combat and the world building is good, but there's been no content. I'm not a roleplayer.

Attached: 0000009073.1920x1080.jpg (1024x768, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.openmw.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1808
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There has never been a video game quest that wasn't that

sorry zoomy zoom but its the skyrim gulag for you

I can never find here or X so I don't know.

I'll answer your question, but first I need you to take off your clothes.

The MQ is the only consistently good quest line

The quests and NPCs in Morrowind are not good.
What people like about Morrowind is the world and the amount of freedom.

I dont understand why people call morrowind an amazing rpg. Theres no choice in its quests. Its as deep as fallout 4 quest wise.
The only thing morrowind really has is its setting and atmosphere.

Yeah. It's actually been amazing seeing how it's just Skyrim with less features. It kinda blew my mind. The towns are insanely small (even smaller than Oblivion or Skyrim, the combat is somehow even worse than those two games, the quests are worse. The only thing Morrowind has on Oblivion or Skyrim is the world.

>Serious question here. Do the quests ever get better? So far they've been "go here grab x thing for me and come back".
Nope, that's 80% of them. Most dungeons aren't anything special either, despite that meme image that's usually posted in ES threads. Most of Morrowind's dungeons feel like they were randomly stuck together from pre-built pieces. I'd say out of the last three ES games Oblivion is the only one with decent quests.

Morrowind's still my favorite, though.

Attached: 1410641338428.jpg (500x366, 40K)

People nostalgia google old WRPGS really fucking hard

All quests in games can be boiled down to that. What makes them good or bad is the context around them and how they impact other parts of the game. And in that way, Morrowind is fantastic.

>What makes them good or bad is the context around them and how they impact other parts of the game.

Like what? I've never seen any NPC interac with any other NPC or be influenced by another.

OP being a literal fetcher

Speaking of Fallout. The original has awful quest progression and the world is completely unresponsive. When I came to Junktown, I immediately killed this Gizmo guy. But in order to do that, I first had to talk to the shopkeeper mayor man who didn't want to give me the quest until some guy walked in and shot him the arm. Then, after I had finished the quest, which was admittedly good, no one cared. Not even The Skullz, who, one day later, were still telling me they worked for Gizmo upon meeting them. No you're not, he's dead. When I wanted to wipe these guys out, I discovered you can't actually simply do that either. You can't just walk to the mayor and tell him you want to cleanse more degenerates. No, what you have to do is walk into the one bar in town and wait until some Skullz member gets blown to bits by the owner. After that, you have to go to the leader of the Skullz and work with the gang for a while until you can snitch on them to mayor man, which makes no sense at all since I have already worked with him before.

>new release of openmw does not have shadows
I want to play already

There are a lot of unique quests, that one guy in a tavern in Vivec that tells you about some artifact, finding a lost Kwama mine for fighters guild, Raven Rock search for falmer, Thieves Guild Bal Molagmer quests, Imperial Cult final quests... these are some off the top of my head.

>can kill anyone and sell anything regardless of how quest important they are
there you go. morrowind is an rpg in the truest sense in the amount of freedom you have. oblivion and skyrim are "rpg" that are actually quite restrictive

morrowind had a lot of flaws, but I miss the amount of equipment slots. you could equip some robe and then put some armor on top of it, wear a right pauldron from one set, and then a left glove from some other set. you could make your character look truly unique. Also it had all these weird helmets... considering the fact that the majority of players only use TES games as dress up games, I think removing these things was a huge mistake.

>I can mass murder and take all their stuff
Thats what mouth breathing normies do when they play these games. You must have loved that new outer worlds gameplay demo.

Oblivion has the best quests of the Elder Scrolls franchise, but Morrowind has the best writing, tone, atmosphere, worldbuilding, etc.

nightly builds have them
forum.openmw.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1808

Attached: MMOrrowind.jpg (1024x768, 221K)

what are the best factions to join?

I've never played Morrowind but I genuinely want to ask why people have a problem with fetch quests.
Fetch quests are my favourite kind of quests. It's not about the act of fetching, it's about the what why and where.

they're insanely repetitive if your games gameplay is simple like skyrims or morrowind's, personally the fetch parts less of a problem if your enemies are interesting and fun to fight, the journey not the destination etc.

NPCs are visual representations of characters they portray and all of their actions outside battle are portrayed via dialogue.

It's 18 years old. These large scale open world RPG's were still a new thing and side quests were more about the NPC's giving you information about the world etc than giving you fun and engaging quests.

The "fun" you receive from the quests is learning a little more about the world and area you're in. This started to change around when games like Fable came out, but were still very bland until much later.

And yeah I'm sure there's a few example of things like CRPG's having better side quests, but they're a whole different thing

An interpretation I like is that fetch quests establish a direct connection with NPCs to the environment or culture they inhabit. So, if someone in a village requires the collection of herbs in a far away patch it should engender a sense of place in the player which that NPC posesses; or if a NPC asks you to pass a letter to someone, then this is a direct social link that spans the geography of the game and, essentially, helps to define the social world that exists and is described by the game in other ways.