Is it worth it to buy one of these now that it's basically dead since it will probably be discontinued within a year...

Is it worth it to buy one of these now that it's basically dead since it will probably be discontinued within a year? I work late nights with a lot of downtime and my PSP is dead.

Attached: n3ds xl.jpg (800x800, 54K)

It's a good console with some of the best directional button, if you want to play retro games like NES and SuperNES. Only issue is the lack of GBA games in the official store, but it can be obtained through pirating.

yes. hack it and play all those great snes games

Just get a good used one and softmod it/install a cfw and pirate anything you think looks decent. Enjoy!

I found one of these with a bunch of games thrown out at work... gave it to my kids, they love it (grown up teens into all the latest games)... so I guess it still has value!!

You're late to the party. Games being easily pirated has been patched.

Since when?

Sure, why not? The 3DS had a phenomenonal run. Lots of great games.

You can still easily pirate, just not as easily

Months. Or maybe a year? I don't remember. Quite some time ago.

By "easily pirated" I mean the app that allowed you to download games directly from the eshop without paying. You can still can search for them in your pc, download them, open the back plate, taking the microsd out, pasting your games, putting the backplate back in, launching a program and installing them (they are very slow to install). If you're willing to do it, go ahead I guess.

Do you have a gaming level of hardware in your PC ? Then run the Citra emulator instead for an all around better experience. Plays most all 3DS games with few or any issues.

Since never, he's talking out his ass. Freeshop doesn't work anymore but you can still get CIAs from 3dscia and 3dsiso.

>what is thepiratebay

Do you mean freeshop? You can still grab any .cia file and install it with FBI. It's only an issue if you have a tiny SD card because you need twice the game's filesize to install.

A hassle.

Yes. You still need to remove the backplate and shit. And installs are slow.

Totally. If you buy a N3DS XL you'll have access to 3DS, SNES and GBA games, especially after you mod it since you can then just inject the games so they can run natively. Get one with a 64GB card, softmod it and have fun, it has a really good library of games.

just ftp senpai

>what is ftp

Yeah, the way people used to install games before Freeshop got popular? It's a non-issue when installing a cia through FBI is very easy and doesn't take as long as you assume it does. Also, use 3dscia, it couldn't be easier.

Just get a switch.

Extremely slow.

i mean, you only buy nintendo consoles if you like the 1st party, discontinuation isnt really a big deal. if thats your shtick. then whatever.

Talking about games, what else is left to be released for the 3DS? I think Kirby Extra Epic Yarn was the last game released so far? Other than Bowser's Inside Story and Etrian Odyssey Nexus I can't remember any other game recently released.

Attached: 1551858457879.jpg (460x680, 80K)