GAMESTOP LOSES $673 MILLION

gamespot.com/articles/gamestop-announces-losses-of-673-million-but-belie/1100-6465995/

OH NO NO NO NO NO AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: gamestop-logo.jpg (1500x1000, 97K)

Is it time to go dumpster diving at GameStop?

looking forward to buying all my old games back at their liquidation sales. gonna give em $5 for 50 games.

>losing the only place that sells physical games left is a good thing

Dont get why we are celebrating this, Gamestop is the only thing holding off shit like Stadia

I figured they were in financial trouble. This last winter sale they excluded retro games despite them being included for many years prior. I was only able to get Super Mario 3D world free that year.

>what is best goy
>what is walmart
>what is target
>what is amazon
>what is ebay

It's old news that GameStop literally forces employees to destroy games and even marketing materials due to dumpster divers.

>>losing the only place that sells physical games left is a good thing

I thought they were selling funko pop shit. I got a Gamestop ad this morning about trading in your phone for cash money

The only stores that will honor liquidation sales are the official stores. In Michigan, we don't really have any. In Texas, there are literally dozens of official stores.

jesus christ dude are you living in 2004 or something?

FUCKING GAMESTOP

I was short on cash, so I only bought one set of games during the 4 for $20 sale a year back. I should have abused the hell out of it, because it was the last time they offered it online.

>tfw the day will come when you can buy the new battletoads game but can't call gamestop to ask if they have it

user, a lot of Americans have absolutely horrible/limited internet capabilities. Streaming videogames is not even possible for some of us.

Because GameStop is shit. Of course though we are gonna lose a lot of classic shit and physical copies. Imagine, some GameStop out there has dot hack sitting in a bin somewhere and it will be destroyed. Ironic it all is.

I don't mean for buying physical games, but for thinking some corporate brick-and-mortar gaming store is the only place that sells them.

>and even marketing materials

fuck these cunts for that. I was just trying to get a Travis Strikes Again advert from those flat boxes they always come in and the counter monkeys tore them up.

That really hurts to think about

CEX died for burgers a few years back. I honestly just want a 2nd hand shop that deals in the physical media again.
>Bookmans, Half Price Books
ON THE EAST COAST

Press D to dab on gamestop

Attached: 1520301936645.png (132x134, 41K)

not yet user. wait when they have to start closing stores

Fuck I need to use the 25$ gift card I got for Christmas before it goes under

I hope the dude that uses GameStop as a bank can bounce back when they go under

Attached: FHnO7QJ_d.jpg (640x286, 29K)

My pre order of Q2 special edition better be safe

Attached: 62971731-AF39-4A9A-88CF-F153B955D2ED.png (1672x1672, 1.53M)

That's only half true, for example for art books or collector's hardback strategy guides we'd normally rip out the first blank page and count that as "destroyed", what happened between the back door and the dumpster was entirely irrelevant. Gotta lot of free stuff on cleanup days.
>t. Worked at GameStop

Is Gamestop going to be the zoomers version of Blockbuster closing?

Will we have nostalgia threads down the lineM

>tfw soon we will get going out of business sales and get a fuck ton of games for nothing just like when blockbuster closed

Attached: 1553494384077.jpg (654x655, 21K)

Better fucking hurry. MediaPlay stopped honoring gift cards a couple months before they went under, even though they were supposed to honor them until the final weeks.

They were a product of a specific era. Similar to BlockBuster and Hastings. They'll try and find a new niche, stick around for a while longer and then vanish.

Did Blockbuster even offer real discounts, or was it like Toys R' Us? Where they just offered a 5% discount on overpriced goods, then closed the entire store without warning?

Blockbuster was more ubiquitous of the era. Not to mention the renting aspect.

What is Best Goy?

>digital won
based

>FUCKING Gamestop
>Holding off anything
Fucking kek. They have never done anything but harm to the industry, pre-order exclusives? their fucking idea. There are also many other retailers around the world that still sells physical games. The only stuff you are gonna miss out on is easy access to the 2nd hand market, but atleast you won't be scammed by a corporation anymore, just scalpers.

Here in Swedestan we have a store called ''Webhallen''. It is 10000% better than gamestop and much better than many other alternatives here.

They sell more merch than games. There's a market for retro games that they could tap into but noooooo, sell funko shit instead.

worked there like 6 years ago and it fucking sucked. bad business model and not being able to adapt to online shopping. it was dying years ago, you'd have to be a fucking idiot to invest and not see it

Out of the handful of times I used Amazon's Marketplace, I have only had one positive experience, and it was literally caused by a glitch in Amazon's pricing software.

If only I knew that they would be so fucking hard to find. I like G.U. but I like the quadrilogy more.

power 2 the players LOL!

We have Game X-Changes here that sell second hand physical media. I get my Xboxes and Dreamcasts from them. I pay a little more, about 10-20 bucks more, but they at least have a guarantee they'll work and they test them. Sometimes they're already modded and I don't really gotta fuck with it before I sell it for 250-500 bucks.

>dot hack sitting in a bin somewhere
Real talk, if you are willing to pay. Go to one of the oldest stores you can find, in one of the most redneck infested areas in your state. You'll probably find a copy. Around here, our local Meijers still has copies.

We're talking about the OG, right? Not GU?

Walmart is horrible. I took a stack of games to mine to trade in. They had a big banner advertising for it. The employees looked at me like i was crazy and they couldnt figure out hlw to do it.

Gamestop wagie AMA let's get the FAQ out of the way first

>why the fuck do you sell opened games as new
that's the gut (display) copy, and it should only be sold when we're completely out of sealed copies. a not retarded store should take out all the codes/DLC pamphlets and put them in the slip with the disc.

>but it's literally not new you opened it
If I didn't have a gut it it'd just sit in my drawer and no one but enthusiasts would know the game even came out, especially if it's not AAA.

>but I heard you guys check them out and play them IT'S LITERALLY NOT NEW
Some stores do mine doesn't.

>can I get a discount on this opened, unsealed, highly likely previously played by your counter monkeys copy? it's the least you can do
No. After a few weeks on the shelf the SKU for the game will convert from new to used. We swap the stickers overnight and the game becomes a "used" copy. If you ever see a niche (anime etc) or 'who the fuck would ever buy that in public and then have the gall to return it?' kind of game in the pre-owned section, 9/10 chances it's not pre-owned it's our new copy that didn't sell converted to pre-owned.

Attached: 1308628900969.png (240x233, 38K)

>physical games
you mean those cardboard discs we get nowadays? yeah man such a loss lmao

Yes. Much like Walmart, everything is priced at ridiculous prices, which keeps buyers away.

D

Attached: DAB_2.jpg (1356x1830, 126K)

Best Buy, Amazon, and Walmart exist. Your argument is invalid.

Are you going to miss the GameStop girl when she's gone?

Attached: gamestop.jpg (778x646, 119K)

Consumer here, let's get the truth out of the way first

>why the fuck do you sell opened games as new
That way they can mark up prices on used games, while claiming they are new.

>but it's literally not new you opened it
Absolute truth.

>but I heard you guys check them out and play them IT'S LITERALLY NOT NEW
Absolute truth.

>After a few weeks on the shelf the SKU for the game will convert from new to used. We swap the stickers overnight and the game becomes a "used" copy.
Literally the only reason I still buy online from GameStop. That is, except for the time those "Used" games arrive in cases that were literally stabbed repeatedly by a knife. No actual human would keep their game in such condition and there is no way GameStop would accept a game in that condition.

Whats your guys' GameStop going to turn into? Mine will either be a mattress store, a "spa" that only shampoos hair and paints nails or a smoke shop cause obviously 20 in a 5 mile radius isn't enough.

If it's in a mall, it will either turn into a clothing store or a shoe store. Because that's all malls are now.

My local GameStop is in a strip mall on the corner of a busy intersection next to an El Pollo Loco and across from a Starbucks. It's probably gonna be turned into a Chipotle.

I live in Michigan, so most of the store are already independently (they don't honor online deals) owned. So they will just change their name and continue ripping off customers.

>no official gamestops in Michigan
Nigger where the fuck do you live, the UP? I'm in Warren & there's a couple around

Most likely a pharmacy. Brooklyn loves pharmacies.

I'd rather go to a fucking garage sale than waste my time at Gamestop. Those fucks tried to sell me AN OPENED DRAGONS DOGMA: DARK ARISEN as a new game.

>"lmao sorry the last copy we have is open even though we told you we had a new copy over the phone but its okay, its never been used"
>disc has fucking fingerprints all over it
>refuses to sell it at preowned price
Fuck that. Almost as bad as the time some retard clerk tried to tell me that Bioshock Infinite would get a multiplayer patch.

Attached: 1535781599502.png (613x3801, 396K)

Do they even carry PS2 games anymore? Maybe they'd have more fucking business if they didn't clear that shit out for funko pops filling up a third of the damn store.

>That way they can mark up prices on used games, while claiming they are new.
You know they make more money off of used than new right...?

Blockbuster was overpriced shit. Go look up their ridiculous rates and fees sometime. The only good part of Blockbuster was walking around and checking out the various movie boxes. Literally what got me passionate about film.

It's literally a new copy though. Why do internet tough guy autists make such a fuss about this? Literally any gamestop thread there is one guy spilling spaghetti about this. I can just imagine them in the store meekly refusing the opened copy, then going home to type up an epic thespian essay about how they shutdown the 9-5 wageslave. So Sad! Aren't all gamestops right next to a walmart to begin with? Just go to the walmart tardbreath

Attached: 1529773080186.jpg (1280x720, 116K)

>literally a new copy
>covered in fucking fingerprints
Eat shit and die you fucking retard.

Can't wait for the going out of business sale

>get a $60 gift card for a shopping mall
>go to gamestop as i haven't visited one in years
>all the games are at least $80
No wonder they're closing, not even normies would pay that insane amount for a vidya.

>673m net loss
>it’s from goodwill impairment

ITS FUCKING NOTHING. Although GS’ revenue is definitely trending downward.

Do you live in australia what the fuck are you doing? New AAA games from any retailer are like 65~ with taxes.

WHY AREN'T YOU GUYS BUYING THE FUNKO POPS!?
DON'T YOU SEE THE MASS AMOUNT WE HAVE ON THE SHELVES?
THEY AREN'T GOING TO BUY THEMSELVES.
BUY THE FUNKO POPS! THEY ARE VALUABLE! WE SWEAR!

Attached: a2c.jpg (220x229, 13K)

>implying fingerprints are that hard to clean
are you a literal child

Imagine the dumpster of a closing Game Stop.
All those unused Nintendo cards and games.

Attached: EXTREME SOY.png (497x519, 395K)

Man you are one sad little bootlicker. Give me one reason why I should pay new game price to Gamestop for an opened game with a finger-print covered disc instead of buying it elsewhere.

Attached: 1521169916221.png (469x514, 413K)

what are you fucking retarded

Literally just buy it elsewhere you baby, this is the free market

At $80 I assume he's a leaf.

Still makes me laugh.

>lmao you're a baby just buy it at Gamestop
>why should I
>lmao just buy it elsewhere you big baby
Are you retarded? I did buy it elsewhere, that was the whole fucking point. Fucking dipshit.

Honestly if you were chill and not such a hostile beta about it they probably would have discounted it for you anyways. Working retail is already enough of a hell without faggy customers.

t. former retail experience

Attached: 1426605355856.jpg (203x250, 7K)

I get both sides of the argument but im more on the other guys side. You say its literally a new copy, but the point of the game being in the box and factory sealed is to assure its actually brand new. Any one can take the game out the box use it, play it, and say oh yeah its brand new we just took it out the case, and try to sell it for full price. If gamestop wants to take the games out the box, give people an opened box fee.

Anywhere you go and you buy something and it looks like the orignal packaging has been tampered with, most places have no problem discounting it for the packaging being tampered with. Gamestop dosent do this because theyre hubgry to save every penny.

If i go to gamestop its strictly for a day one release game that i know will be in the box, other than that i go to another store.

I cant believe how dumb i was as a kid who would go buy a game that had been out for a full month, id grab the empty box off the shelf and GS would give me the disc and i paid full price for it.

They couldn't sell that stuff to an overstock store?

>amazon
Yikes

>Honestly if you were chill and not such a hostile beta about it they probably would have discounted it for you anyways.
If I was a beta I would have just said "o-okay..." and bought the game for more than it was worth.

Man you retards are hysterical. If you tell me there's a new copy available over the phone and I pull up and the copy is OPENED and COVERED IN FINGERPRINTS I have zero reason to buy it. This is especially fucking true because GS pushes that HEY DO YOU WANT GAME INSURANCE ON THIS GAME LMAO scam shit.

I have yet to see any reason why I should have given GS my money. For a board that touts itself as pro-consumer you people can be real fucking dumb sometimes.

Went into a gamestop today and 85% of the store was shitty merchendise, a lot of it were those shitty pop! figurines of DC/Marvel and some games. Trash.

If amazon was better about release dates and getting the games out on time,, id use it, you save 10$ on the game if you preorder. But i dont like the gamble of it coming a week to a month too late.

I'm not sure if I'll miss them or not. The last time I went in was a few months ago after maybe a decade of not going, and it was just merchandise shit everywhere. I saw more funkopops than games and they STILL do the DO YOU WANT THE SUPER MEGA ULTRA POWERPACK bullshit. If that's the current state of Gamestop, maybe they're better off dead.

Attached: 1449558571834.gif (500x383, 998K)

>and say oh yeah its brand new we just took it out the case, and try to sell it for full price
This makes no sense though because they don't make money off of new games yeah I fucked this part up. If they were so jewishly inclined they could go with your logic, admit that it's opened/used, sell it as used, take 100% of the profit, and then claim to the publisher that because they opened it for display, it's not a new copy anymore so they can't have the money they made off of its sale.

>For a board that touts itself as pro-consumer you people can be real fucking dumb sometimes.

Agreed. This board is torn with itself, half this board are pirates and say fuck the developers, and half will honestly buy a game at the store. But it always amazes me when people defend GS on this board, no matter how you obtain your game. GS is always trying to make a quick buck no matter how it fucks over someone wanting to honestly buy a game.

Based Amazon

dumpster diving isn't even worth it at gamestop anymore. all you'll find these days in the dumpster is thrown out funko pops and cut up advertising material. no longer will you find a bunch of classic ps2/gc/xbox games or a used system that still works.

THIS. I asked for a copy of a switch game and they fucking gave me a used copy for $45.99 (MSRP $49.99) without the attendant telling me it was used, HIDING the sticker on the back of the box and throwing it directly into the bag, and it not being present on my receipt. The joke's on them though because the game sucked and I was able to return it only because it was used. They're scummy as fuck. If I ask for a switch game and they ring me up for $46 for a fucking switch game of course I'm going to assume it's new.

>and I was able to return it because it was used
Sounds like they helped you out . You'd be whining that the oily fatass behind the counter told you couldn't return a new copy otherwise.

>If I was a beta I would have just said "o-okay..." and bought the game for more than it was worth.
Most people do this and then pretend later on Yea Forums that they didn't.

The Gamestop dickriding in this thread is hilarious. Yea Forums is so predictably contrarian.

that time already passed old man, they tried and failed. This company is another dead one, its the blockbuster of gaming. 10 years from now, itll be a long gone memory with a few 50 reply threads from 2029 Yea Forums. just kidding WW3 is right around the corner

I can verify that I was not one of them. This occurred at the Mall of America Gamestop by the way - there used to be two goddamn stores in the mall and one of them closed. I just bought it at Best Buy instead.

If anyone is ever at the MoA I would advise avoiding that Gamestop.

Where the fuck are you that Switch games brand new cost $45.99 and how can I move there?

Nigger, gamestop doesn't even sell unopened cases and for some reason Best Buy always manages to have a larger stock than them.

S

>tfw just got a job at gamestop
Should I just quit already?

Gamestop has admitted the reason they take brand new gsmes OUT the case is to prevent people picking up the game off the shelf and running. It dosent matter if Gamestop fails to protect their in store assests and their solution is to open it and keep it behind the counter, they need to be prepared to paid for it and give discounts, or keep a cabinet wit mew games in the back locked up. What stops ANYONE from going to the walmart next door and getting a sealed copy of a game compared to an opened copy that god knows what happened to it legitimately at gamestop for the same cost.

Or if its a game some tryhard played and beat within a few days of its release and traded it in, Gamestop will shovel it out for full price. WHICH ACTUALLY HAPPENS. Game stop wont drop their prices depending on the game for months, alot of people speed through a game, and flip it back to GS, to get trade in credit, and GS, will try to sell it as new, especially if the new game is STILL full price and selling well. If you honestly believe a dying company that sells game insurance, and comes out to you and begs you for money in the way of insurances and preoirders when youre buying a game is trying to scam you, you're blind.

>buy game from gamestop or any physical retailer
>always own game

>buy game from steam/epic games store
>game can be legally taken away from you at any time and there is nothing you can do about it
>"unga bunga BASED digital killing stores, this is the future baybeee!"
You can't refute this.

Attached: 1554334687736.png (444x440, 157K)

nah, working in the death throes of a retail store is some of the most fun you can have in a part time job
make some spending money and dont give a shit, what are they gonna do? fire you?

Attached: piehell.gif (341x250, 2.77M)

I heard you have to meet very hard metrics or your direct higher ups will tear you apart. If you arent good with shilling, and sales, and bothering people for useless shit you know wont sell. It wont work there for you. I could never work there because as a consumer i get it, you dont want to be bothered with all the extras when you go in knowing exactly what you want. Being bothered and held up and felt like youre being forced to buy their shit sucks, and trying to be on the giving end of that isnt for me

I worked at a Gamestop when I knew the manager, assistant manager, and third key and they were all really cool. Then they fired the manager and assistant manager because they were running the store like shit and the new folks who came in made it fucking miserable. Long story short, it can be tolerable if you don't mind the people, but keep your next move in mind

Gamestop has changed focus from 80% games 20% additional to 95% not games and 5% games. you can get fucking tvs, toys, board games, music, movies, and clothes at gamestop.

walmart has better deals than gamestop more often, too. target is still the king of vidya retail though.

Why would you? If a company's dying then it's final months are easy as fuck money.

So I'm still not seeing any argument on why people should pay more for opened games. What's the matter, Yea Forums, having trouble thinking of an actual argument that isn't shitposting?

It used to be true, but gen 7 and on pretty much makes that false with critical bug fixes and shit ending up in day 1 patches, or the game itself is downloaded and the disc just has some basic files (see: tony hawk pro skater 5, literally the tutorial on disc, you had to download the rest of the game).
I think nowadays everyone's boned by it.

Enjoy your inevitable disc rot.

No bro. Im just on your side. There's no reason anyone should pay full price for a opened game under ANY circumstance.

Well that's because you're a sane rational human being and not one of the shitposters in this thread going LMAO YOURE SUCH A BETA HAHA JUST PAY GAMESTOP FULL PRICE YOU BETA!

Based

Attached: best goy.jpg (758x568, 86K)

>Enjoy your inevitable disc rot.
I Still have perfect condition discs from my OG Xbox, PS1, Ps2, Xbox 360, and old PC download games.

Future of online services aren't guarnteed and if those services ever shutdown so do your games.

Digital Shills actually believe this is a good thing.

America is weird. You go on an don about capitalism and the power of the free market, and yet you've effectively or almost have monopolies in all kinds of fields from internet to physical retailing.
Meanwhile where I am from we have like half a dozen dedicated game retailers and like a full dozen of chains that still stock all the regular games.

How the fuck do you almost only have Gamestop?

Does Gamestop even sell games anymore or just funcopops?

Nah Best Goy is garbage too.
>discontinued GCU
>geek squad stealing your shit and leaving child porn on your hard drive

Nigger what?
GAMESTOP is dead because both digital and more importantly Walmart/Target/Best Buy fucking demolished it in physical sales.

>that's the gut (display) copy, and it should only be sold when we're completely out of sealed copies. a not retarded store should take out all the codes/DLC pamphlets and put them in the slip with the disc.
every time i went to a gamestop to buy a new game they gave me a gutted copy. one time a gutted case had a huge ass crack on the side, they were still charging full price and they wouldn't even give me a replacement case.

>Amazon
I'm not going to trust unhappy fucks at a warehosue to not somehow fuck up my product during shipment.
>Ebay
is this a joke?
>Walmart, best buy, target
>Ever carrying niche games or special editions.
I don't like gamestop either, but they are quite literally the only physical store with niche games.

Gamestop have always been crooks. Buy games for a dollar then sell them at a 3000% price markup.

Not everyone is a disgusting NEET like you, user. Reminder that the Wii's online is now down so if you want any games from it that you've already bought you're fucked out of luck. Won't be long until the same happens to other systems.

You can be the neatest person in the world and your discs will still eventually rot.

Love this post, but the post's title is what made me laugh the most.

>2019
>Not price-matching
LMAO

best buy is garbage though. only boomers shop there.

Britbong here

This will likely happen to places like GAME over here right?

Can I start buying loads of shit on credit there and just hope they go bust?

I'll be long fucking dead at that point.

I know they're in stark competition with Walmart, target, and best buy. But how come Gamestop is your only dedicated videogames retailer?
As stated we have like half a dozen of those, and then like a full dozen like Walmart/best buy etc that deal in games too.

Like even if you combine them with your dedicated retailers (gamestop and?) it still appears to pale in comparison.

>Go to FUCKING GAMESTOP
>Ask to purchase a game that came out today
>"Wow you didnt preorder so we dont have any copies to sell"
>Walk across the street to Best Buy
>They have 20+ copies
>Dont get harassed at checkout
Its a complete mystery why gamestop died.

Attached: 1540159849090.jpg (567x790, 354K)

>gamestop is the only place that sells physical copies

>I'm not going to trust unhappy fucks at a warehosue to not somehow fuck up my product during shipment.
The good thing about Amazon being being so fucking massive is the fact that their customer service will give you a bunch of free shit for every mistake

Remember when Gamestop had a used game rental service? Kinda like modern day Blockbuster. Whatever happened to that?

Honestly if it's a niche game, yes.

>neatest person in the world and your discs will still eventually rot
Neatest person ever still has working Dreamcasts games that have lasted 20+ years.
Nintendo Wii online shit the bed in half the time and all your games are now gone.

Huh????????

Americans will call you a communist if you criticize corporatism at all because they're a bunch of good goys.

>Be baby boomer retard trash.
>Coddled my whole life, still think I'm the toppest of shit.
>Invest in a company that sells these video toys or whatever.
>Get super big, holy shit we need to be everywhere!
>Completely overreach, sometimes have 2 gamestops in the same place.
>Start losing money.
>Fuck, how did this happen? I can do no wrong so it wasn't me.
>Better start either treating the customers like criminals or bothering the shit out of them with things like warranty and preorders.
>Fuck, this isn't working, but I'm still not at fault because I'm special and perfect.
>Hey, kids like these funko pop things.
>Better dedicate more than half of the store to selling funko pops and other trash.
>Fuck, our main source of sales is going down. But I'm still perfect because I have the mindset of a fucking child.
>Maybe we should completely reorganize our business to combat changing times. People probably still want physical media over digital downloads.
>Naw, we're in the right, our customers are wrong and also the bad guys. We need to stay the course.
>Lose literally hundreds of millions.
>Try to sell the company off several times.
>Fuck, my stupid retard brain cannot comprehend why we're failing, but I'm still the good guy here.
Der Boomer, Kreigsanstifter, Kriegsverlangerer.

Attached: 1338779675065.gif (156x100, 528K)

gamefly beat it's shit in I guess, idk much about it but I still see commercials for it nowadays so I assume it's doing pretty good

Why are you not using Amazon like every other sensible human being?

Literally just preorder goy. This is different from when they harass you for preorders just for the sake of preordering; if you KNOW you're going to buy it why wouldn't you? There is no argument against this.

I don't want to deal with customer service. I want to pay for a product and get that product with zero issues.
I've seen too many shipping issues happen to my friends who order from Amazon.

you would have a point if gamestop still sold used ps2/gc/xbox games.

They shut it down after just a month or two because they realized they would actually lose money from their shrinking clientele. And the fact that some stores were never trained on how to process the actual membership

Fantavision, if you're in this thread, I just want to say I'm glad your archaic thinking that physical copies are somehow superior to digital is being proven wrong daily. THE MARKET HAS SPOKEN DIGITAL REIGNS SUPREME. Also get rekt faggot.

Attached: 1553829113107.jpg (199x172, 12K)

That was their PR excuse, the real reason is their machines literally couldn't handle it.

If you get a physical copy for something that is over a year old it's going to be in horrendous condition. Covered in scratches and sometimes even dirt. Those fuckers don't even bother to clean shit they just repackage it as is and put it on the shelf. I've seen video game controllers for sale at gamestop that look like they were dragged through the mud.

no one buys physical anymore. It's almost always more expensive because it's super rare for them to put any games on sale, if they play physical they're either renting it from redbox for a 3 day weekend for $7, or just buying it from walmart/target who will have games mispriced or dirt cheap weeks after release because they want to move stock.

What a shame. A place where you can actually go to and rent games is pretty rare these days. Gamefly is nice but you still have to wait for shipping and if I can recall Gamestop let you keep one of the used games every 6 months.

If you think gamestop is dying because of digital goods insetad of the fact that Amazon continues to be a gigantic conglomerate that is going to eat up any and all sources of products and goods, then you are retarded.

I saw Gamestop as the scam that it was from the beginning. Always laughed at my dumb ass friends who though they were getting sick deals with that trade in shit.

>Walmart, target, and best buy
They usually have fuck all. No niche games, weak sales, generally no price matching, games sitting at full launch price years after. I've seen plenty that still stocked dead games like Wildstar and Paragon which are nothing but expensive coasters now.

Why the fuck would I give them money or drive to the store to prebuy a product?

What if I just found out about the game recently?

>no one buys physical anymore
speak for yourself. Some of us still know how to actually own things.

Okay, you and like twenty other people in the USA buy physical. My bad, I try to ignore the mentally ill.

VIDEO GAMES.

I don't want to drive all the fuck to GayStop at 12:00am for something i can have instantly. Fuck physical.

>why the fuck would i give them money for something i want
What. In english please.

>or drive to the store to prebuy a product
You know preordering isn't exclusive to gamestop or any physical retailer, you can do it online too.

>What if I just found out about the game recently?
I'm pretty sure they let you preorder even on the day it comes out. They don't give a fuck.

Fuck that shit, I'd rather get Nendoroids.

Attached: 6af (3).jpg (669x1084, 257K)

I will always buy physical first, faggot. Your zoomer practices are only popular amongst zoomers and people who don't actually care about owning video games AKA normalfags.

Obviously Nendos are a million times better, but they're also triple the price of a Funko. They're not really comparable.

Not him But

>driving all the way to the store to give some assholes money who then try to sell you more shit

Vs

>just buying it instantly and not having to worry about it

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Pretty sure they sell nendoroids at gamestop, they are rarer than funkopops but they're there. I've seen D.va, Mario, and Red with Charizard/Venosaur/Blastoise before.

Fuck I even saw a BOTW Link nendoroid at target once. It's bizarre how they're slowly integrating into the stores.

>cut up advertising material
I have a sweet spot for that. Can take up a bunch of room but if it's well made and for a game I like, I'd probably try to get it.

Yes they are. Whoever made funcos obviously saw nendos and though, "How can we do the same thing but low effort?"

>supporting FUCKING GAMESTOP ever over getting a game at an online retailer or at a local small game store
I'm a massive physicalfag and Gamestop can eat my diarrhea shits

Attached: 1553272837620.jpg (446x360, 25K)

If you go to the store to specifically preorder a game you know you're going to buy and you tell them that upfront, the worst they're going to upsale you with is asking if there's anything else you're interested in preordering.

Attached: Press F to Pay Respects.webm (1280x720, 279K)

I exclusively buy physical games, but I refuse to buy anything from Gamestop because Gamestop is just FUCKING trash. Thank fuck there's still a local non-franchise used games store near me that's everything Gamestop isn't.
>staff actually knows basic things about games and accessories, such as which versions exist
>used games are in great condition, without being covered in glue stains and annoying stickers
>half the store isn't filled with funkopops or other trash
>prices are reasonable for everything

What happened to FUCKING GAMESTOP pasta?
How are there actually people that are nostalgic for these crooks?

>kills every other in person game retail and then dies
fucking gamestop

zoomer can't be bothered if it's not something you can download onto the phone

>Thank fuck there's still a local non-franchise used games store near me that's everything Gamestop isn't.
Not everyone has this luxury, and once gamestop finally goes under I doubt Walmart will suddenly have a change of heart for stocking any game that isn't a AAA title.

WHY. BOTHER. GOING. TO. A. STORE?

It's literally in my power at the push of a button from home. And if the answer is funko pops, t-shirts, toys or pfft physical copies. That's gonna be a yikes from me dog.

Now only if Best Buy would uncuck itself and bring back the Gamer Club program.

When things don't have a similar price point, they kind of stop being comparable products.

isnt that a good thing though
boomers are cool
i wanna grow up to be a boomer

Attached: 1553071935721.jpg (1920x1080, 676K)

In the original post in this reply chain user said he literally went to Best Buy to get his game. It wasn't really about online vs in-store.

>I ENJOY wasting my time!
lel

Gamestop would be long gone if it wasn't for the used games market. They don't make any money on new games, they barely sell any thanks to Amazon, Best Buy, etc eating their lunch. All that's standing in their way to complete demise is the fact that kids can't figure out how to work eBay

My question still stands.

FANTA ANSWER THE QUESTION IN A VIDEO

>buy english version of game from amazon
>several years old but still factory sealed
>open it up
>it's the Malaysian, UAE, and Saudia Arabian version
>no difference at all and everything went well

You’re pretty fucking stupid you know that right?

>I enjoy being at the mercy of digital services and not actually owning things.

This is the BASED and redpilled zoomer mindset

Attached: 1336340140624.png (216x178, 59K)

How can they afford to operate with these kind of losses? Surely they'd be in administration or bankruptcy with losses like that.

If you were John Gamestop how would you fix the company?

You don't own it physical either, or do you think licenses, encrypted discs, and the inability to modify that disc infers some sort of "ownership"?
Also good luck playing a game released this decade without a day 1 patch.

at this point they really cant
expect liquidation soon

>Funkos are/were super in.
>I'm apparently a big bitch for building Gunpla.

Attached: 1357185676771.jpg (510x384, 35K)

>I enjoy wasting my time, gas and energy to buy something i can own instantly
>i enjoy going to Gamestop. Ever.

You're worse than zoomers physicalfag

sell it

Kill Amazon.

Okay but what went wrong?

>game can be legally taken away from you at any time and there is nothing you can do about it
ONII-CHAN MY STEAM INSTALLATION FOLDER AND NO-STEAM CRACK ARE MOVING ON THEIR OWN, Epic Games is just as pitiful to circumvent
>online multiplayer
Don't be a dipshit and you won't get VAC'd or online banned because the possibility of Valve banning you for absolutely no reason is nonexistent

I'd change my name to John Amazon and take my rightful throne.

BestBuy

Funkos aren't worth their price so that's a fair comparison.

for free

>geek squad stealing your shit and leaving child porn on your hard drive
This is a lie

Geek Squad lost my fucking laptop years ago when I had a battery issue and I never bothered with those retards again.

Close down majority of stores.
Remove the dumb bullshit from the stores including the used games.
Make them smaller specialized stores.

Essentially what Radioshack should have done instead of desperately trying to become a shitty phone store.
Lower your costs by cutting all the fat where you cant compete

I went dumpster diving at Gamestop a month ago and all I found was a Vice City box in pretty good condition. Nothing else worthwhile.

probably some crappy dine in restaurant

Vape store or Spencer's Gifts

I went to Little Caesar's for lunch, and the Gamestop next door had Bladestorm on the 360 for like $10. Is it worth it?

Attached: 1508728401510.jpg (640x640, 55K)

>customer service will give you a bunch of free shit for every mistake
I had a malfunctioned bluetooth dongle and all I got was a refund despite not being able to send it back. That's about it. Where's the huge reimbursement you speak of?

used games are the majority of their income

>remove the used games
that was initially 100% of their cash flow though. They were making almost 0 profit on new titles since it wholesales to them for like $50 or some ludicrous shit like that. Used games were 100% profit which is why they pushed them so hard.
no, the game's bad but the new age port makes it tolerable. If you're gonna get bladestorm, pirate nightmare on pc (because lmao $60 still) or wait for it to go on sale on ps4 for like $15.
If you have an extra $10 to throw away though, it's still fun, I guess.

Were*

FTFY. they don't sell nearly as well as they used to

I didn't even know Gamestop had $700~ million to lose in the first place.

Take in all the games I want then sell it

I picked up Xenoblade 1, Mario Galaxy 2, and Ocarina of Time 3D on Amazon. All were NTSC-U as well. Don't even care about that middle eastern, Malaysia label, box is still in English and plays on USA systems.

Id hope so since its the majority of their shelfspace

why did you go to geeksquad to begin with? hardware issues are easy to fix, even on laptops
besides if it was a warranty thing you should still trust the manufacturer way more than those best buy clowns

>I'm not going to trust unhappy fucks at a warehosue to not somehow fuck up my product during shipment.

You better stop buying things altogether, because almost all of it goes through a warehouse at some point.

Kek

gamestop was worth several billion in it's heyday. They overexpanded into shit people didn't care about/fad nonsense (funko pops chiefly) and then digital gaming/amazon started overtaking it's original "stable" product, and they're basically limping around waiting to be put out of their misery. The owner of the company has no idea how the world has changed and why games don't sell, either.

I dont know why people act like no one wants the funko pops, they're why they AREN'T closed down yet

>Free shit
Amazon doesn't give you shit
What they give you in case of fuck up or lost shipment on their end is either
A)They ship you a new copy of what you bought
B)Full retund no question asked if thry can't send you the product again or you ask the money back
C)sometimes a 10$ coupon for apoligize with either the second shipment or the full refund

And thus is badically the same for every company

D

Attached: 1551715345532.png (1280x1280, 786K)

They did for a while, but instead of taking the novelty and popularity of them and understanding that literally every time some stupid toy has gotten popular, it pops not long after, they overcommitted, cut game shelf space nation wide to replace it with funko pops, and now they're significantly LESS valuable than they were when the orders were put in. So many gamestops now have extra shelves that are loaded with funko pops that are months old, and no one will buy if they're interested in them. But general populace sentiment has shifted away from them already.

>fad nonsense (funko pops chiefly)
What would you do with a bunch of shelf space you no longer have any need for because the industry has become increasingly streamlined and competitors have died out? You can't just make your building smaller

Are you fucking dumb or what? If I order from Amazon, I don't get to see the physical product. I order it, and it shows up. If there were any issues during shipping, I won't know until it actually arrives at my door.
If I go to a physical store, I can pick up and look at the thing I'm going to purchase then and there.

You cut stores instead of pretending everything's fine. I've been RM for the greater flagstaff area in arizona for 2 years, three of my stores have had less and less sales every year. Instead of closing them, they keep shipping more novelty shit that never sold in the first place.

This right here is bullshit. I've walked in on the release day of many different games and just bought both LE and CEs of games. Hell its how I got the Bloodborne CE. I walked in right when it opened and asked if I could get the CE they had sitting behind the counter. They sold it to me because the guy who pre-ordered didn't pick it up yet.

Gamestop is guilty of many things but giving a single fuck about pre-order availability is not one of them. They will outright sell you shit if its available and the only instance in which I was actually denied was when I think the 3DS or N3DS was coming out and I showed up on release day to see if I could buy one.

Yes.

Attached: 1552538361243.jpg (1280x1063, 143K)

>reinvest every penny into expanding
Epic and redditgoldpilled.

Attached: (You).jpg (500x625, 79K)

>Gamestop will sell you things unless they run out
Holy... fucking... BASEDSTOP

used to work in retail. any time someone bitched about anything id just give it to them even it cost the store money. especially after they fucked me out of my raise

basically fuck walmart

>Gamestop CEO's stole $673 million
>ftfy

As long as there's enough people to keep the industry going, fuck popularity.

Missing the point entirely. Pre-orders are bullshit and they will sell yours to people on a first come first serve basis and pre-ordering does not protect you from it in the slightest or ensure you actually get the game.

There is someone who doesn't have Bloodborne CE because gamestop sold it to me instead despite the only reason they even had the copy was because they pre-ordered it.

D

Attached: 1554086505007.jpg (720x412, 38K)

I've gotten a free month of Prime every single time a shipment was late.

D
GameStop might as well have stopped existing when they stopped selling 6th gen games as far as I'm concerned

Attached: 1550989890994.jpg (575x603, 38K)

D

Attached: dab_0.png (1179x664, 1.68M)

Another one bites the dust.

Attached: vwF4NaU.png (800x574, 318K)

Best Buy and Target have such a tiny selection compared to Gamestop
I would literally pay extra to NOT have to go to Walmart
As for online purchases, I prefer to go into a store, buy a game, and play it on the same day instead of waiting. Fuck that.

If you preorder on Amazon it arrives the day of release or sometimes even earlier you stupid faggot.

>tfw calling in for battletoads is no longer going to be good as it used to be

Attached: 6D40B4D1-56F8-4C2A-AB73-A6268E3CE839.jpg (205x246, 4K)

lmao I'm reading the fucking replies and I can't stop laughing

Reminder that they will actually have Battletoads if they survive until next year.

Attached: battletoads-release-date-xbox-announcement.png (1280x720, 239K)

I blame console manufacturers. There is no point in buying physical games these days when they install nearly the entire game on your HD anyway.

I did buy it elsewhere retard, that's why Gamestop is tanking.

D

Attached: 1528578392333.png (750x400, 114K)

I'm talking about used games that have been around for years, you absolute fucking brainlet. What kind of retard even pre-orders games? Worthless consumerist cattle like you.

What? I literally bought Ace Combat 7 physical on Amazon in January.

How do you even know he's American you retard?

Why are there europoors in every thread bitching about America? Fucking weirdos with an unhealthy obsession and inferiority complex

>when they install nearly the entire game on your HD anyway
This is honestly a good thing, load times from a BD directly are abysmal. There's a reason so many PS3 games installed some data. Imagine how much worse the already bad load times in Mankind Divided or launch Bloodborne would be.
Plus with games being upwards of 50GB nowadays being able to install a game from a disc in five minutes instead of waiting six houra for Sony's godawful download speeds is worth it.

You literally said nothing about used games you retard. And you can get used games on Amazon too, or even new, unused, and actually unopened games for a fraction of the price and not old used games for $49.99 like at fucking GameStop. But go ahead and keep sucking the cock of your favorite shitty price gouging company that's gonna die anyway like the good little cuckold that you are.

Super late reply but honestly was one who works there currently might as well ride it out till you find something better. Jobs easy as hell especially if you got a chill ass manager like I got

Don't you have preorder quotas?

>You literally said nothing about used games
Hurr durr literally what the fuck does Gamestop sell?
You can shill for Amazon all you want, but I'm still going to go out and enjoy browsing physical copies of old games, and there is NOTHING. YOU. CAN. DO. ABOUT. IT.
Does that trigger you? I bet it does. I bet you're getting so mad just thinking about me going out and looking at physical games, possibly even buying some and taking them home on the same day. I bet that makes you so mad.

Imagine caring this much about someone wanting to buy used games without ordering online lol

user, Gamestop will give you less money for a game if you've opened the packaging up. By their own admission, a broken seal is a used game.

I only tolerate that opened package horseshit if I -REALLY- want the game and know the other choice is paying way more or waiting for online shipping.

Maybe if they didn't open their shit and try to pass it off as "new," I might give a fuck.

>I'm still going to go out and enjoy browsing physical copies of old games
I sure hope you aren't going into Gamestop hoping to do that because all you're going to find are overpriced current gen games and funkoshit

This is pretty much par for the course for them; they lose a lot of money until the new consoles come in then they make a crap ton in sales, controllers, etc., in regards to them and earn a lot. I'm kind of hoping that their idea of making gaming lounges pans out. I wouldn't want Gamestop to die; they paid $1000 of the $1500 gaming laptop I bought with the problems they had in the past few moons. The irony is I still have $700 in MS credit because there's a limit of $1000 on an MS account at any time.

>Hurr durr literally what the fuck does Gamestop sell?
Video games. Both new and used. You never specified what version you were talking about. Dipshit.
>You can shill for Amazon all you want
I'm just using Amazon as an example. I don't give a shit where or how you buy games
>I'm still going to go out and enjoy browsing physical copies of old games, and there is NOTHING. YOU. CAN. DO. ABOUT. IT. Does that trigger you? I bet it does. I bet you're getting so mad just thinking about me going out and looking at physical games, possibly even buying some and taking them home on the same day. I bet that makes you so mad.
I don't fucking care. I'm just making fun of you for being a retard and paying too much money to buy used games by shopping for them at fucking GameStop, a chain that's notorious for buying used games from customers for $5 and then selling the same game back for $49.99. But hey, it's your money so feel free to waste it.
I don't care. I'm making fun of him.

They're especially fucked cause after Mortal Kombat there are no games coming out till the fall.

I will NEVER buy disks again

[Laughs in Amazon and Best Buy]

Attached: IMG_-n5eqg3.jpg (480x469, 25K)

used games are such a racket i cant even feel bad for gamestop

>literally have people giving you free merchandise that you sell for full price

Why did you type all that lmao I'm not even reading your posts now. Bet that makes you mad
Remember, I'm going to Gamestop today. Think about that for the rest of the week. Let it fester in your mind :)

Fuck gamestop. They deserve to go down.

Good, fuck 'em. They've been gouging people for years with their used games racket.

i only go to gamestop when pokemon trading card products go on sale

DAS RIGHT DAS RIGHT

THATLL TEACH YOU TO PUT LITTLE SHITTY STICKERS ON OPEN GAME BOXES AND SELL THEM AS NEW UNOPENED

FUCK YOU GAMESTOP

then I will throw my product in the trash and millions of others will too. And they go bankrupt.

>JewStop is at long last going out of business

Attached: 1550053258490.gif (480x270, 240K)

Based

I don't know how they managed to lose money, with all the price-gouging they did over the years. They would be good for another ten years even if no one ever bought another game from them.

you know damn well people bought tiger electronics because they couldnt afford gameboy

Shelby here, used to have three on one intersection, now it's just two. There's a shit ton in MI.

A lot of stores do this with shit they need to get rid of. People will dumpster dive for nearly anything. Although with games, there's nothing stopping them from just selling them for reduced prices.

>I'm retarded

That makes sense.

So you'll instead trust unhappy fucks who sell you a clearly opened and used product as """"""""new""""""""

so how are gamers gonna get jobs now?

It was a warranty thing and I was 16 at the time.

The main issue Game Stop had with dumpster divers was that they made a mess.

Out of all the companies that should very logically have transitioned to having a digital games store / launcher

WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T GAMESTOP?

Seriously, the amount of short-sightedness is astonishing. They were arguably in an even better position as a retailer than Steam was, because they could have had both an online store / launcher for PC games, and a physical retail store where you could make purchases that are in some way directly tied to your digital launcher account for additional benefits. And unlike Steam, their launcher could also have been used to buy games keys for other platforms like the Xbox, Playstation and Switch. Maybe they could have even worked out deals with the major platform holders to tie online accounts to Gamestop's launcher / store so that purchases could be instantly transferred to their respective platforms.

Instead they are betting everything on Funko Pops and overpriced collectors' editions. It's too late for them to change, and now they are going the way of Gamespy. There are far better used game stores out there now and they are growing while Gamestop shrinks. Local franchises will almost always have friendlier staff and better prices because they are not part of the stock market and don't have shareholders demanding infinite exponential growth.

Attached: 14832fa5990f69930dab346ebae7860b69577677.jpg (600x400, 109K)

Because the only good thing about Gamestop was the fact they sold physical, DRM-free games. Now they're just a Funko pop pit. Steam took off the way it did because it started off as what is basically a Valve launcher, then mutated into what it is now.

Attached: 1550209156246.jpg (1944x1944, 360K)

Enjoy playing Scott Pilgrim and Sonic Runners.
Oh yeah and can you believe you can get Genesis games on your Nintendo consoles via virtual console? Crazy, right?
Oh wait.

FUCKING GAMESTOP

do you not have another game store in your area? im not even talking about walmart or target here. i have 2 game stores nearby that sell everything from atari games to the newest releases

Attached: console_vs_pc.gif (500x500, 994K)

this guy here is right.

gamestop should have been ready to go digital and take steam's place and 100% had the resources and the ways to mix it up with its traditional business.

>have 2 game stores nearby that sell everything from atari games to the newest releases
Most "Gaming Stores" are focused 100% on used games/hardware. There's very few that also do the hottest new releases.

how the fuck can you turn a gamestop into a mattress store or spa? gamestops are literally closets

I was quoting you and responded with 3 short stanzas. Are you so retarded you forgot what you fucking typed? Oh wait that's right. You shop at GameStop. You ARE that retarded.

Attached: tohru-smug-face.jpg (555x540, 30K)

I think I remember the one by me giving everything half off the last day

>I don't know how they managed to lose money, with all the price-gouging they did over the years.
Because gamers finally got sick of GameStop's bullshit and took their money elsewhere.

To be fair Steam has a lot of features that have made it the preferred place to get PC games. It's at the point where if a game isn't on Steam people will complain. On Steam you get social networking, message boards, an in-game web browser, big screen mode, mods, a graphical library that you can add custom shortcuts to, achievements, in-game rewards (trading cards and badge crafting) and probably a bunch of other shit that I am forgetting.

I will always miss physical copies and ownership, but my old game collection isn't going anywhere. If the future is going to be all digital, Steam has set the standard for what to expect, and so far their competitors have fallen far short of it. Gamestop at one point had the capital that they could have invested in a steam-like service but those times are long gone. They are circling the drain and have nothing to offer but shitty plastic toys.

>The GameStop closest to my home shut down

Fuck

>no "express checkout" where you give them the item(s), they ring you up, no chit chat, no promotional bullshit, receipt is in the bag next in line please
GEE HOW POSSIBLY DID THEY FLOUNDER

>Went to Gamestop yesterday because I haven't been in one in almost two years
>No longer resembles a game store
>Literally half the store is filled with video game clothes, funko pops, rick and morty shit, and overpriced statues and magic the gathering sets that are all 25-50% cheaper on Amazon.
>Was there for about 45 minutes
>No other customers came in
>The manager was the only employee
>Followed me around talking to me, clearly starved for social interaction due to sitting there all day with presumably few to no other customers.
>Left without buying anything.

It was genuinely depressing. Like accidentally walking into the Hot Topic of a mall where half the stores are already shuttered ten years after it's socially acceptable for you to still enter a hot topic.

I havent bought a physical game since ps3. I get all my games straight from the sony store.

The Gamestops in my area offer pretty good service, so I'd rather them not go under. That said, I don't really shop there anymore. I have most of what I want at this point, and unless I buy a Switch or some shit, I'm probably not getting any new games.

Go to best buy then, idiot.

Literally just backup the disc.

God Tohru's breasts are bountiful

D

Attached: transparent-pepe-dabbing-5.gif (554x400, 46K)

That and collectibles/toys.
>paying too much money to buy used games by shopping for them at fucking GameStop
>not taking advantage of sales and price drops
Full retard.

>no one buys physical anymore.
In Sweden people unironically do. Even on PC.

>go to Yea Forums
>get nothing but shit news for vidya, convinced we're doomed

>get Ape Escape 3 news
>GameStop doomed

One step at a time, brothers. One step at a time.

I just went to gamestop. You mad?

Take a picture of yourself sucking the store manager's cock.

>not waiting for your local GameStop to shut down and then go dumpster diving for free vidya
Turbo retard.

take a picture of your mom in my butthole

gottem

Take a picture of your own cock in your butthole.

Isn't gamestop American?

Story time for last time I ever entered a gamestop
>Pre ordered Kirby Dream Collection on Wii
>Go to pick it up
>Cashier tries to make awkward small talk because he can't handle solely doing his shitty job
>Yeah I used to like Kirby a lot but then they just kept adding more and more abilities that it got too complex and I couldn't keep up with it
>Holy fuck, Kirby is too complex for a grow man
>Just stare at him because I have no clue what to say to somethin so stupid
>Manage to let out a "haha, yeah"
>Rings up the game and says some other shit about how the last one he played was on Nintendo 64 and too hard
>Say ok cool and leave as fast as I can
FUCKING GAMESTOP

GameStop's heyday was when it was hard to get weeb games in the US. Games like Persona 3/4, Neptunia, or Odin Sphere were only sold in the US at GameStop back before online shopping was as ubiquitous as it is today. It's still probably the only US store chain that really carries them, but online outlets make it kind of moot

Attached: 1526211490641.png (888x1300, 564K)

They had revenues of 3.1 billion. They're doing fine.

Every business is American. There is no such thing as European businesses, only localized American businesses. EU law is too hostile to business for local business owners to exist.

>There is no such thing as European businesses
Volvo.

>Out of all the companies that should very logically have transitioned to having a digital games store / launcher
GameStop bought Impulse or whatever it was, before rebranding it as GameStop PC Downloads or whatever it was called. However it wasn't popular and they barely advertised in and Steam quickly took its lunch money

But it was a decrease of 7.6 percent from last year. They're not doing good.

>revenue
Revenue isn't profit though

valve is an american company

I don't think i've set foot in a GameStop in 3 years. Last time I remember being in there was 2016 when i bought a N3DSXL case and an Xbone controller.

>There is no such thing as European businesses
That's wrong though. Perhaps outside of Europe, but inside of Europe there are tons of European businesses.

>only
Retard, it's a overpriced store with a bunch of shitty merch and pop figures

No. They are all run by jews.

The most active console gamer I know has barely been to GameStop since the GTA5 launch. I knew they were in trouble when even he stopped going.

I stopped going to GameStop years ago. I buy physical games from Best Buy or local independent retailers instead.

Attached: 7jpp7ctex7721.jpg (1242x3205, 434K)

I go to gamestop because I always find a new literal who niche anime titles for really cheap.

>anons just start shlepping tons of PS2 games throughout cities across the world

>phoneposter

What did I miss

The more you think about, the more you realize America really is a strange place. Not even trying to meme.

Gamestop is to petty to do that. They'll just destroy all their stuff.

Last time I went to GameStop I pre-ordered a copy of the premium collectors edition of Yakuza 6, the one that came with the whiskey glasses. I was able to get it and walk in and pay for it and leave with no problem. When I got home and opened it up and started playing, I suddenly got a phone call from the GameStop that I just came from. They claimed that they accidentally sold me for the wrong version of the game and that I had actually pre-ordered the standard collectors edition of the game that only included the artbook, which is what they charged me for. I was confused because I explained to them that I got the version of the game that I wanted and that it was their fault for fucking up and putting my name down and charging me for the wrong version in the first place. They then retorted that I needed to come back and return the premium version to the store, and I explained that I had already opened it so it was too late. They then said that I needed to drive back and bring a copy of the receipt so they could mark it out of their system or some other bullshit. I said fuck that and asked if I could just text it to them and they said no. After getting in an argument they finally agreed to let me just text it to them so I didn't have to drive all the way back there. The problem was solved, but needless to say that their incompetence and general annoyance made it the last time I would ever shop at GameStop. At least I got the version of the game I wanted for less money.

Attached: 0baa5765-362a-40ad-9741-3e19a331ff8f.jpg (3600x2025, 1.06M)

>live in Nebraska
>literally 99% of game stores have several copies and boatloads of PS2 physical nice condition games
>I have them stocked up on an untouched PS2 because my backlog is so huge I barely even play games
And it’s gonna get worse when I graduate law school and become a full blown lawyer

>Gamestop dying
>the prior console-firster Sweeney notices console market is shrinking while PC battle royale scene is soaking up the console kiddy audience
>Sweeney goes WTF I LOVE PC NOW I NEVER CALLED ALL PC PLAYERS PIRATES HA HA
>tries to strong-arm into a position of monopoly on PC market where all the consolebabbies have now relocated and play Fortnite on
Who knew Gamestop dying would just cause the vengeful ghost of fucking Gamestop to haunt PC (the market those console-only gamur shop tried to kill, seriously did fucking Gamestop even stock any PC games beyond World of Warcraft and Warcraft Battle chests? No, they didn't, FUCK GAMESTOP and FUCK SWEENY)