So why shouldnt i buy a 3rd party fake for half the price? does it actually make a difference?

so why shouldnt i buy a 3rd party fake for half the price? does it actually make a difference?

Attached: file.png (739x745, 578K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Switch_Pro_Controller
youtu.be/JQUiXokUVeg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I bought a 3rd party one and it works just fine, super light though.

Took it apart and it's really barebones, but it works

I have a 3rd party, they are pretty good for the price deadzone on the joysticks is larger though

The battery life alone makes the official one worth it.

This, and button sound is like silence, not like the 3rd party 3ds click click sound.
Still grip if you have sweating hands

i bought an original one and the left stick randomly tilts a little bit now, have to press it down and literally blow air inside it to get it to not move again for a while

i dont even play much

>buying a meme console with meme controllers just to buy a basic bitch gamepad for it

why are these fucking controllers so hard to take apart?
circuit boards screwed onto BOTH shells with a ribbon cable connecting them, whole trigger assembly is a separate piece with its own tiny ribbon cable, grips and back are separate pieces, AND the two actual halves are stuck together with adhesive on the rumble motors
shit is the most fucking convoluted vidya thing I've tried to take apart

Why would you need to

Always buy official, user. It is extremely rare that the build quality and feel of a 3rd party controller matches that of the official. If you haven’t learned this, you will.

Some people like to do custom cases and such

to clean it or try to fix something
why do you think you take things apart

They don’t have gyro which makes Splatoon unplayable.

Its a quality controller but if you don't want to spend the dosh that's on you. Nothing wrong with 3rd party, so.e of the power A ones are actually pretty OK.

Attached: 1510838_01_NSW_EnWL_Princess_Zelda_1_Hero_Modelizer.png (1000x563, 123K)

They skimp on features like gyro and rumble. Which may not seem like a big deal until you get into a game that needs one of those. Also, and maybe more important, durability.

unless its silly shit like the ethernet adapter. definitely worth buying the 7 dollar 3rd party one compared to the 30 dollar official one.

Most 3rd party controllers are lower quality than 1st party. The battery life on that controller is phenomenal, and it feels fantastic to use and hold. The extra screenshot button can be used as a macro for other functions (I just use it to take screenshots of Steam Games), and the buttons and sticks feel just right. I've heard complaints about the d-pad on this board, but I have used the D-pad to play Genesis collection platformers and I had no problem with that.

Eh that's nothing, try taking apart a dualshock 3 and then reassembling it. Those tiny ass springs for the the L/R triggers are fucking pure hell.

bought a 3rd party pro controller for wii u. Battery sucked, and joysticks were completely messed up, pikmin 3 was impossible to play. One thing to consider is that the pro controller comes with a specific USB C cable which can also be used to charge the console. You CAN NOT just buy any old USB C cable at the store. Maybe 3rd party pro controllers also come with that same cable, but it's nice having the second official cable. I can plug it into my computer to charge the switch or have a second charger in the living room with that cable.

I bought one of the cheap third-party ones, and one of the sticks starting drifting. The lower price is because you're risking shit like that happening.

It does though...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Switch_Pro_Controller

if they hold up you're definitely going to need to open them to replace the battery in the future.

This. I was referring specifically to controllers. The official Ethernet adapter uses literally the same chip as certain others available online, just with a Nintendo-stamped shell

learn to read

He’s talking about third party controllers

Some of them aren't even chargeable, which is a huge no in 2019. I shouldn't have to use AA or AAA batteries in any modern device at this point.

Also you might consider using other controllers. Switch has official support for USB controllers, and you can buy the 8bitdo bluetooth controller receiver to use shit like PS4 controllers on the swtich (even the gyro works apparently).

Reading comprehension is off today, sorry about that.

I'm using my ps4 controller on switch, works fine. You can also use xbone controllers with the same 8bitdo stick if you want, the only bad thing is that you will have to ply on docked mode for the controllers work

Are you fucking stupid? Literally the entire thread is about -3rd party- controllers. Meaning Switch Pro knock-offs. godamn this board

Attached: 1537160651190.gif (250x233, 1.5M)

>tfw Wii U Pro controller is my favorite controller.
I use it on PC for everything, how's the Switch one for that?

third-party controllers have almost always been cheap shit, regardless of the platform.

Just buy a new one.

Controllers are rather small and made from cheap Chinese materials. If one thing is fucked up, odds are something else is fucked up and destined to fail eventually.

Tl;dr just buy a new one, stupid.

those aren't a big deal, you just slide them back into place on the plastic tab on the triggers
dealing with ribbon cables and having multiple circuit boards is fucking dumb

I got burned by so much Madcatz trash growing up I'm terrified of 3rd party.

It's a nice controller though. Id put it just behind the Bone.

I bought one and was surprised by it.
Good:
>feels very similar, just cheaper materials
>functions as intended
>overall feel is good
Bad:
>Shit sync with Switch
>Dead zones are completely wack, not unusable, but not as good
>Rumble isn't HD rumble, it's just unbalanced weights ones, instead of linear actuators. It shakes a lot more than the official one
>Battery life isn't as good as the official one (though it's hard to beat that)
Honestly, the 3rd party knockoff is a good knockoff and I'm impressed by it. It's not as good as the official one, but nobody in their right mind would expect that.

>buy a new special edition pro controller for $100 for a fixable issue
no way fag

Same here user. I have a Switch Pro controller as well (for Smash) and it feels more deluxe, but
>battery life isn’t as crazy long as the Wii U Pro. It still is like 40-50 hrs though
>the L and R buttons specifically aren’t as “tight” as I’d expect. A little mushy.
It’s still amazing. The Gyro and HD Rumble could be useful to some degree, but I still use my Wii U Pro for emulation.

The problem is even if the downsides are forgivable, first party controllers usually last a LOT longer. The last time I bought 3rd party, it’s quality deteriorated quickly

To fix the garbage d-pad.

All newer revisions have the dpad “issue” fixed. Its indicated on the box serial for black ones (with “-B” I think). You probably wouldn’t have even noticed if it weren’t for people reee-ing on the internet. Probably a placebo effect

True, I've only had my chink 3rd party Switch Pro controller for a week now, for work smash at lunchtimes and my official nice one at home so those greasy nerds don't gross up my stuff.

AA or AAA is okay since you can recharge those. At the very least there needs to be a removable battery or else don't glue the device together to make it not very serviceable. So much shit is made to be thrown away these days.

I said the same last year when I bought a 8bitmeme controller, big mistake.
At least I got a pro controller with a fixed d-pad so waiting wasn't completely for nothing.

It's okay, user. I forgive you. Sorry for being a bit rude.

This. I years ago I had a third party Wii remote and I was surprised how decent it was at first. Not even a month later, the faceplate had microcracking throughout (shitty plastic), some buttons clicked and sat weird. Never again

Quality

thanks for all the input lads. i feel enlightened on the matter

To fix the atrocious D-Pad.

Depends on preferance. If you're someone who cares about competeive online smash (or actually bought other Fightans on the switch), I tend to find a bit of button delay on certain controllers. If split second input delay does hurt you and your using the switch as a RPG machine or something, then yeah go 3rd party

>“issue”
based retard

>I said the same last year when I bought a 8bitmeme controller, big mistake.
Got a dud? I've had one of those SN30 Pros with the old SNES design for eight months and I'm pleased by it.

Will it nuke the functionality if nintendo comes with an update? atleast that's what happened to my 3rd party controllers for ps3.

As far as I know Bluetooth controllers and other third-parties haven't changed how they actually connect to the system since they were first supported, should be fine but nothing's guaranteed

>buy a third party wii u pro controller back in the wii u days
>buttons feel like shit, left stick constantly drifts to the right and ya unusable

Never again

This thread reeks of poorfag holy shit

enlighten us, good richfag

holy fuck dont remind me
literal nightmare to get the spring back in place perfectly.
the pro controller is far easier to take apart and put back together without any real hassle

It’s not about being poor, £70 for the joycons alone is egregious never mind the pro controller

>It's not about being poor
>Crying about $70
Please please please get a job holy shit

After so many disappointments with 3rd party controllers that, even if they work well at first just break down soon, I rather not risk buying original controllers, even used ones work well

>yes yes YES NINTENDO please take ALL my money!!

This is what you sound like

How did Nintendo do it?

>Let's take the Xbox controller, make it even more comfortable and ergonomic, slap a huge fucking battery in it, add some delicious HD rumble and also give it USB-C

third party can't hold up to smash

stop ignoring me richfag, people with money don't ignore the poorfolk slobbering for advice, you wouldn't be......... lying on the internet for (You)s, would you?

There's no objectively bad Nintendo controller, even the huge-ass Wii U tablet was comfy to hold and the N64's only real problem was the poor first-generation joystick

Nigga what? The N64 and Gamecube controllers are both fucking garbage

Switch Pro is their best controller objectively

Hot goddamn no they aren't, N64 controller is fine to hold and accomplishes what it set out to do, its only real faults are the joystick and C-buttons instead of a C-stick but even the choice of buttons for camera control over a stick let games use it as extra face-buttons. The left handle was a fallback in case 3D games proved unpopular so it could still be used like an SNES controller and it still saw use with a couple games like Kirby 64.

Gamecube controller is one of the most arousing pieces of plastic I've ever held in my hands and its L/R buttons are still the best shoulders on any controller ever

JUST LET ME USE THESE ON MY SWITCH NINTENDO

Attached: WiiUProController.jpg (1029x943, 52K)

Get a Mayflash adapter nigga

It's not that hard
youtu.be/JQUiXokUVeg

You have to be 18 or older to post in this site

That's just such a pain though because I'd need to get two (one per Wii U controller) and it'd take up two USB slots.

PowerA controllers have very drift prone analog sticks, so be weary of that.

Sorry but it was improved, not fixed, it’s still unusable for any kind of hard 2D platformer.

And no i didn’t need someone to tell me about it to notice it, it was kinda obvious when even in fucking BoTW i tried to chagge my weapon or shield and instead it opened the sheika slate selection.

And this is with the “”””fixed”””” d-pad, i can’t imagine how shit the original was.

Even Tetris 99 has an option to disable hardrops, that’s because Tetris is unplayable with Nintendo’s official “””””Pro””””” badly designed chink cheap shit controller.
I do wonder why would you lie on the internet and say the d-pad was fixed though, does Nintendo pay you to deflect and shill online? Or you do that for free?

>B-but it was fixed since the Xenoblade 2 model!!
Factually wrong.
youtu.be/JQUiXokUVeg

>Sorry but it was improved, not fixed, it’s still unusable for any kind of hard 2D platformer.
You sure? I have the Smash Bros edition and had literally no issues playing Mega Man 11 & Legacy Collection 2, Sonic Mania, Tropical Freeze, Rayman Legends, Puyo Puyo Tetris & Tetris 99, and I exclusively used the D-Pad for movement in those games.

You’re probably too dumb to notice wrong inputs.

Because it works on steam and switch with no bullshit

Sure thing, buddy. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

>There's no objectively bad Nintendo controlle-

Attached: Wii-Remote-Controller-and-Nunchuck-white.jpg (500x500, 19K)

>let's take the Xbox controller and make it not shit

>thinking anything is objectively bad
I hope you choke yourself with that Wiimote.

3rd party controllers will not be the same at all, unless you're really the kind of person that's so poor that you will tell yourself otherwise.

However that's not to say 3rd party controllers are always bad. Some might even be better for whatever particular purpose you might have. Maybe you want a wired one. maybe you want one with a decent d-pad (knowing that that one does have a shitty one). Who knows. But there are many knockoffs and controllers that do not give you the same feel as the original, they are stiff, sticky or miss inputs.

Yeah my 10$ one from like 8 years ago still works fine

-r, miss me with that gay cut-off post shit when Wiimote + nunchuck was top Super Mario Galaxy comfy

It's fucking fantastic being able to rest your arms however you want.

galaxy would have been better without waggle shit.

Galaxy is super light on wagglan as it is, quick flick for your punch equivalent or to use one of the star launch-pads

Play sin & punishment n64 and then play the wii game

>There's no objectively bad Nintendo controller
The Joy Cons are an abomination.

They're kind of awkward at worst, they NEED the individual hand-grip for you to use their L and R button

do you work for apple?