Epic vs Steam

Lets be fair Yea Forums which platform has the best releases this year?

Attached: epicsteamgames.jpg (1340x992, 300K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thegamer.com/epic-boss-says-developers-win-game-store-wars-not-consumers/
store.steampowered.com/app/548570/RAGE_2/
vocaroo.com/i/s01GFk2Ojlpi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you buy games ur a cuck
Lola

Steam right now and it's not even close

Halo and Doom are pretty good but Borderlands and Detroit Become Humand stomp 10/10 every fight

>Detroit Become Humand stomp 10/10 every fight
Dude, don't lie to yourself.

>Detroit Become Humand
>10/10
Brain not found

bb on epic plz

>Borderlands
>10/10

>implying D55M won't be going to the Epic Store exclusively (for at least half a year)

I'll wait the year for epic cucks to beta test my games then buy the goty edition on steam.

Reminder that some games on epic side will come to steam next year, so...

>>Borderlands
/10
Yes it does...well 9/10. There's always Doom.
But come the fuck on, Detroit: Become Onions?
What timeline am I on?

LMAO HE MISSTYPE LMAO
IMMA DAB ON THIS NIGGA AND TELL HIM THAT I DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT HE SAID

The only worthwhile game on epics side is outer worlds and maybe metro
Sekiro, doom, ace combat, dmc5 and maybe rage 2 are all worth playing

Epic might have a more even fight if the rumors about them getting biomutant are true.

Steam.
>Quantic Dream Triple Threat
All 3 of those games are not even games.
>Outer Worlds
“Hey guys we made New Vegas! And we make funny scifi shooter like borderlands! Please look at us!”
>Journey
PS3 port
>Division 2
Looter shooter garbage
>Borderlands 3
Toxic Randy at it again
>Hades
Actually good game, almost sad that I pirated it. Almost.
>Ashen, Satisfactory, Phoenix Point
Haven’t heard of or played these
>Metro
Haven’t played, will pirate soon.
So far, Steam is doing much much better.

Bethesda already confirmed otherwise, all their upcoming games will come to both the Bethesda launcher and steam, fallout76 is also coming to steam.

Epic
>Shitty indie games
>David cage
>Shitty loot shooter games
Steam
>Ace combat
>DMC
This image has to be bait.

You just reminded me how good a year this has been for me
RE2, DMCV, Yakuza, Halo, Three Kingdoms, Onimusha Warlords
What a great year, shame epic has to shit it up by causing all this outrage and bribing publishers for exclusivity in the name of """competition"""
It isn't competition if you literally buy out the companies and don't give each side a fair shot at sales
Granted they have to do this because EPIC are Anti-consumer and Steam are Anti-publisher
Can't get the people to come to your god awful launcher if your service is absolute dog shit and riddled with people trying to hack your account non-stop

Attached: yellowjeremyclarkson.png (638x425, 459K)

Steam. Epics selection is shit and I’m not just saying that because I don’t want to use their launcher.

No, we're not doing this. We're not doing this console wars bullshit. Fuck off.

Attached: apple bear.jpg (600x433, 51K)

Can you honestly stop doing the exact same post in every single thread that even mentions borderlands or epic
It's embarrassing

Pirate Bay

>PC fags have been reduced to arguing about which free installer they are loyal to

Attached: 1539960645532.png (300x301, 144K)

>NOOOOOOOO why do I have to choose between these 2 free things?

steam have some really good ones but Detroit makes it hard to believe choose from

steam

>egs
early access shit just like steam
a bunch of unreleased games
movie games
borderlands

>steam
sekiro, RE2, DMC5, risk of rain 2 and ace combat 7 are all out and have received lots of praise from the public and their fanbases
unreleased games actually look decent unlike the ones on EGS

call me biased but who the fuck is hyped for david cage games that everyone played or watch years ago, unproven shit like control from nu-Remedy and early access shit like hades that everyone is desperate to avoid on steam

>doom eternal
epic exclusive, I have inside sources

kinda a stupid question steam of cause cause you have more freedom and you don't get the risk of china stealing your shit

Stop fucking up your posts David

Steam, most of the games epic has picked up are pretty mediocre or I already own on PS4

Risk of rain 2 beats all the epic games. The only epic game that comes close is metro.

bleep bloop maggots

Somehow I think that guy is implying your movie game isn't a 10/10, if only you could read.

>we're already at unironically comparing exclusives like some console paesants
and this is why epic deserves to be hated

>Going from a Bethesda launcher exclusive back to Steam and then exclusive to Epic

Yeah its totally happening

Attached: 1529001216451.jpg (406x609, 43K)

>Epic
literally who games and borderlands 3

>Steam
all huge names made by actual devs who aren't greedy sellouts desperate for more money

imagine the shitstorm

You keep posting this but it just makes you look retarded every time
>how dare you make a joke get out REEEEEEE

>changing the file's name to avoid filters
what a faggot

Ashen is pretty cool, but it should have been more exploration heavy rather than the shitty souls-like they ended up with.

Attached: 0C34C523-9208-45B5-9470-27F815E78A23.jpg (1024x452, 84K)

>Metro Exodus
Looks like a Far Cry game, pass
>Borderlands 3
Hated 2, still mad that Yea Forums told me it was good
>The Outer Worlds
New Vegas was 8 years ago, Pillars 1+2 and Tyrant were shit
>David Cage "games"
Youtube
>The Division 2
Probably another shitty Destiny style games as service

>Steam
>Halo Master Chief Collection

Steam wins

I'm gonna download EGS launcher literally only for Detroit. I don't even give a fuck desu.
Never liked Cage games at all but after watching a few DBH let's plays I was impressed by how many possibilities there are. Most of them make really boring choices though and miss interesting details so I've been wanting to play it myself, but I don't own a PS4.
Never even expected it to come to PC, I was very positively surprised by the announcement. Yeah I know, muh chinks, but I can't be assed to care. Everything is spyware these days cause they want to squeeze more money out of you.

Attached: 1522014539309.png (500x327, 76K)

I don't think Bethesda want to take any more chances pissing people off after FO76, but then again they did think it was a good idea to release it in the first place so who knows

Attached: 1554095556462.png (709x921, 505K)

>left
Literally who
>right
Literally Goty

GOG overall actually

>rage 2
>TES6
>Doom
>halo
>total war
How the FUCK can the chinks compete?

Attached: 1554269605630.jpg (1000x1000, 586K)

>Epic Games
>console ports

>Steam
>console ports

Is the PC master race seriously fighting over who has the better PS4 games?

>tribalism over which launcher you use

Attached: concerned russki.png (128x152, 50K)

AC7 alone blows literally everything on Epic out of the water. With a LASM.

There is no Epic vs Steam since all the Epic's "exclusives" are comming to Steam after 6-12 months.
Only retard incels and zoomers buy on the Epic Store.

Attached: 1515499071748.jpg (500x353, 188K)

they aren't PS4 games anymore haha

>using "incel" for no reason
>conpletely out of context reaction image
hello tourist

>"platforms"
>both are free programs for PC

>post 2004 west crap
steam

The only logical conclusion to console wars, only even more retarded

>detroit
>borderlands
>ubisoft
>obsidian
pure cuckoldry

Epic Store is MUCH better and has a better cut and exclusive games. No reason to use steam unless you are a fanboy.

More like "Shitposter cashing in on why people are annoyed with Epic's practices". But good try!

Attached: 1552579587841.jpg (330x495, 40K)

go away shill

Best post so far. Epics money will run out soon enough. And the only ones arguing in favour of it are console kids who are venting their teenage rage.

>born in 1989
>have gf
>will buy on the epic store
Hmmmm

Attached: 1530127533153.png (251x311, 64K)

>platform
HEY FAGGOT HOW ABOUT GETTING A REAL LAUNCHER !!LOL!!
LIKE STEAM

Attached: 21342.png (119x137, 6K)

taiwan or china?

For me its GOG

damn what a blast from the past

>detroit and heavy rain
Sucks. Movie games even metacritic sony boys didnt like
>Metro
Sucks
>Control
Sjw shit no one is excited for
>Outer worlds
Gameplay trailer looks extremely bad. Cringe as fuck writing by femoid rick and morty season 3 watchers.
>Satisfactory
Ripoff of factorio. 3d factorio.
>Meat boy forever
Mobile shit. You dont even have to press forward because its an auto runner. To make it mobile friendly.
>Borderlands 3
Literally made by Randy 'lolcow' Pitchford in the drumpf era. It will have anti drumpf 'jokes' and female supremacy bs.

good year

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1302x1650, 369K)

Detroit has pretty good ratings actually.

>Hehehe fuck Borderlands I'm gonna pirate it teheheh
Alright I'll just ban you
>NOOOOOOOOO YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO THINK I'M COOL! DON'T BAN ME BORDERCHAD AAAAAAAAAAAA THIS'LL MAKE YOU LOOK BAD EVEN THOUGH I'M THE ONE ACTING LIKE A CU-CKOLD AAAAAAAA

Attached: xjip.jpg (701x649, 50K)

user you do realize that someone has to buy the games. Let's treat buyers with respect because without them Jew game companies wouldn't make money and there would be no games to pirate.

Add GOTY Subverse to the Steam list.

Attached: 1553622683071.webm (624x206, 385K)

based

Yeah incredile ratings. 4 points above me andromeda. Even movie game lover journos hated it.

Attached: become jewman.png (464x119, 45K)

Here you go

Attached: free launchers are the equivilant of 200 dollar handhelds right.jpg (716x621, 218K)

>game """journalists"""
Yikes!

TOW is gonna suck and it's gonna suck so hard tuat people will finally realize that Obsidian is trash and KOTOR2, F:NV and Alpha Protocol were good despite them, not because of them. The only thing I can concede is NWN2: MotB but it was written by Ziets who doesn't work at Obsidian anymore (neither does Gonzalez and Avellone).

Aw, epic got journey? Whens it come to steam?

daily reminder that Steam vs EGS threads are created by so(y)tendr*nes

I see at least 2 actually good games on right and not a single good game on left.

/thread

Who but retards that take anything as reason to shitpost cares?
I already had to use Origin, Uplay, Blizzard Launcher and Co. if I wanted to play certian games.
I will be the same with the Epic store, if they have something I want I can't get on Steam, I install it. I don't give a shit who gets my money, I just want the product and will choose the optimal option, they are all jews anyway.

Wake me up when somebody makes a third party service that manages all those shitty libaries into one.

Sekrio and DMC5 make Steam's library win by default. I'm a consolefag so I'm not biased, I don't give 2 shits about the Epic vs Steam thing.

A reasonable opinion? On MY Yea Forums?

Attached: 1425554276153.jpg (774x649, 153K)

This, Epic still has no game I want, when it does I'll install it like any other launcher.
gog gets priority, but that's all

Attached: bear.jpg (840x473, 137K)

I literally don't understand this steam vs epic meme. it's a fucking launcher. uplay and origin have existed for years but epic is somehow bad because it has chinese shareholders or something? also why is steam good? all these launchers do is just tie your purchases to an online account. one is not better than the other and nothing is being gated off from you unlike a console. am I retarded? can one of you high IQ anons explain why
>STEAM GOOD
>EPIC BAD

>which platform has the best releases this year?
>this year
>more than half the shit is from last year or not released yet

Attached: 1505843676856.jpg (306x306, 20K)

neither

GOG Galaxy

Attached: goodnightsarge.jpg (459x776, 36K)

thegamer.com/epic-boss-says-developers-win-game-store-wars-not-consumers/

They don't give a shit about your experience as a user, that's why their store launched without a search function or a basket
Tim sweeney also doesn't like how frequently valve has sales so I hope you enjoy waiting forever for the price of new games to fall because not only will epic not have frequent sales they also won't sell keys to 3rd party key sellers so those GMG pre-launch sales and post launch sales will be a thing of the past.

>this year
>putting games that were there since 2018 on EGS

Detroit Become Human is a visual novel that's too scared to commit to being a visual novel. It's like watching a movie, but every once in a while you have to twist your controller a few times.

you can't have sales on games that aren't on your store

Attached: 1492881032440.gif (800x430, 564K)

>it's like a visual novel but with more gameplay and interaction
How is that a bad thing?

Attached: 1436913165190.jpg (525x503, 58K)

>implying anyone is hyped for memelands 3

Attached: 1513719272504.png (300x333, 109K)

don't forget about chinese shills

Attached: Epic.jpg (441x589, 106K)

Steam by far, especially with the announcement of Halo:MCC being released on it.
Epic's tactic of buying exclusivity rights to highly anticipated games is horribly anti-consumer, and shouldn't be supported by anybody. Tim Sweeney is a fucking snake, and thinks EGS is already perfect and that consumers shouldn't be the ones to decide which platform is better. They lack the popularity and good-will of Steam, as well as a lot of basic features that consumers have come to expect out of a games launcher.
That's not even taking into consideration the lack of security and shady business practices going on behind the scenes. If your service is so insecure that millions of people are having their personal info stolen, maybe it's time to implement a better security system, something Steam already has.
I don't consider myself a Steam shill; I buy from GOG time-to-time, and I still pirate plenty of games, but if I had to use a dedicated games launcher, I'd choose Steam far quicker than ever even considering Epic Games.

Attached: 544311.png (1059x1010, 470K)

Now THAT's a quailty post

Attached: 1554335869967.jpg (640x640, 62K)

>Satisfactory is an Epic Store exclusive
FUCK, I was looking forward to playing that on Linux

But I am...

What I don't get about epic is them saying they want Steam to have competition when they're not trying to compete, they're trying to grab up as many exclusives as possible. If they really wanted to compete they'd be selling games at 10 dollars cheaper while having the same games as Steam.

Attached: 1542309489827[1].jpg (600x600, 18K)

>Art house project
>Beautiful shooter with boring mechanics
>Interesting TPS with about 5 minutes of depth before you experience it all
>Brown and Bloom TPS with a grindwall
>A spiritual successor to Fallout that looks too in-your-face to actually capture the spirit (Fallout at best was wacky, not a clown)
>XCOM without the budget
>Isometric Beat-em-up with Darkest Dungeon art
>Autism
>Dark Souls clone after the dark souls format became stale
>One in a million platformer
>Art house project
>QTE Art house project
>Decent fully fleshed game series, co-op potential bottlenecked to fortnite players.
Vs
>Ninja Gaiden
>FPS which doubles down on FPS mechanics
>The only dogfighter worth a damn, best music in the list
>An absolute return-to-form of a beloved franchise
>A port of a beloved franchise
>Total Waurtism
>Wacky shooter to tide you over until Outer Worlds
>An absolute return-to-form of a beloved franchise
>A sequel you didn't realize you wanted
>They made 6, it's got to be doing something right
>The closest thing to a GTA experience for the next decade

I'm only gutted about borderlands, the rest of the games are interesting, but not absolute day 1 purchases.

>epic has borderlands 3
>steam has literally everything else worth playing

Is this a trick question?

Attached: 23a.jpg (500x375, 112K)

and here comes the chinks support. Notice how fast they respond to a plausible "middle ground" post. Epic is a spyware and supporting it you let the gooks business grow. Your duty is to oppose communist reign of chinks!

Attached: praiseEmperor.png (367x491, 17K)

Epic has adult games.
Steam has baby games.

Steam by far and it’s not even close. The only thing Epic has me interested in is Phoenix Point.

The majority of games on epic shown there are ports..

Nice try Randy, now go back to the bathroom!

Attached: 1504690358791.png (168x200, 15K)

I'm interested in The Outer Worlds even though I know I'm going to be 100% disappointed. As a huge Halo fan, though, I couldn't be happier the decided to release MCC on Steam.

Epic has Borderlands 3 and bunch of shitty games. Steam has everything else.

Attached: 1554055779028.gif (320x240, 601K)

It's not, but the way DBH goes about it feels lazy more than anything

Epic: no weebshit
Steam: weebshit
I think we all know who's the clear winner here.

Lets be fair Yea Forums which platform has my entire online digital collection investment already?

Attached: 1319301866441.gif (476x306, 209K)

Tim Sweeney is the biggest fucking joke in gaming history. He's too blinded by the dollar signs in his eyes to realize that he's turning so many consumers against EGS. If EGS had only offered more of a cut for developers, and worked on implementing features consumers wanted, it could have been decent competition for Steam. Instead they went the slimy route of buying exclusivity rights for games people want, and shitting on anyone who says that's not real competition.

what the fuck am I reading

Yeah, I just wish they didn't start off with Reach because it's going to be all the newer mechanics to start off with, then Halo CE will come out and it'll feel restrictive.

>instead of money hatting bloodborne pc they waste it on boredland
FUCK YOU CHINK

yeah
steam

>Epic: Less game variety
>Steam: More game variety

Weebshit wins every time user

Attached: 63509235296660625019217711153.png (1024x768, 277K)

I dunno, I think it's a pretty good middle ground between visual novel and "actual" game. I care much more about the interactivity itself than the QTE shit, though, although it does add fail states which I like. I even failed some QTEs in Detroit on purpose to get different outcomes.

I don't get why people compared it to VNs when it's more than a VN and actually has multiple endings unlike other movie games

Doom and rage 2 isnt coming on steam

Meh, I understand why they're doing it. Might as well work on Reach for PC alongside the console version, and then go back and fix up the rest of the games afterwards. It'll feel weird, but better than not having them at all.

Attached: 1542666986535.jpg (480x480, 29K)

I'm glad you agree. Won't be touching Epic until they secure some exclusivity on weebgames.

I guess it's just not my thing then. I feel like it just rides the line between VN and fully-interactive game too much for me to really get into it.

I suppose so. I mean, I'm mostly in it for the campaigns/firefight until Halo 3 releases with Valhalla big team matches.

Could be, yeah. What would be a fully interactive movie to you? Does that already exist?

store.steampowered.com/app/548570/RAGE_2/

?

If I'm remembering correctly, all of Epic's exclusives are actually just timed exclusives that'll come to Steam later anyway. I'm not typically a person that has to buy a game at launch/preorder, so I have no problem waiting for the eventual Steam release, since I'm gonna be waiting for a sale anyway.

Steam
Sekiro, Re2, Three kingdoms, Risk of rain, DMC and halo
Epic
Borderlands? maybe Division is not a exclusive and honestly the best thing on that list

Not fully-interactive movie, fully-interactive game. I just mean it's the difference between playing something like Steins;Gate and playing something like Halo. D:BH is right in the center of those, and it doesn't work too well for me.

Attached: 6bb37e1bb0d756bb9aea928bf3874cf95d9bf00c.png (500x450, 200K)

Bethesda backtracked since Fallout 76 bombed.

Easily Steam which is pretty sad because they're not trying.

jannies do something good for once in your worthless life and prune these chink shill threads

Oh I see, I misread your post
Yeah, for me it's a good middle ground. I personally don't really like VNs at all since they fail to grab my attention for long. I may have mild ADD and dyslexia, though.

Epic only has BL3 for six months too.

Steam wins on AC7 alone. Easily GOTY.

It could look like this and I still wouldn't let that malware anywhere near my PC. Epic legitimately devalues games.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1340x1539, 733K)

just post the epic app datamining so there will be an end to the horror

Attached: Webp.net-resizeimage-6.jpg (820x550, 34K)

MCC is the only game on there that even remotely matters, so the answer is Steam.

So when BL3 is going to release

September 13th + 6th months

>September 13th
Oh poor Andy.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Steam has the three best games of the year so far. Epic has B tier games and console re-releases.

Get out of here clown I already indicted your dumb ass

Is there a release date for Detroit yet?

Attached: 1530041448215.jpg (540x490, 33K)

>nongames, terrible sequels, gearbox in 2019
vs
>actual video games and also bethesda being retarded
god i wonder what i will choose

I don't have to pick one of those, I could use both or neither. I blame valve drones and chink shills for this retardation.

It'll be on pirate sites soon enough

all the games on the epic side are coming to steam later anyway so who cares?

Attached: D3UmbaxXsAEl3EC.png (640x383, 282K)

Why would it be on pirate sites before it releases?

Attached: not cropped porn.png (378x312, 131K)

i think the only 1 year exclusiveis metro, borderland is 4 or 6 months

outer worlds and control are also 1 year exclusive

Cage's games are also 1 year exclusives.

RE2 alone sold more than all epic exclusive

The switch can actually play good games that are not bribed into being 'exclusive'

you mean Pirates vs. Steam

But the Switch lacks functionality just like the Epic store does.

absolutely based

like what?

I just pirate everything on the epic side and add shortcuts in steam. BL3 will probably be an exception depending on how they rig the online so I'll just skip it

Can't believe japs are saving PC gaming right now

Attached: 1365963088136.jpg (325x325, 16K)

>rage 2
>weebshit
vs
>next fallout new vegas
>modern stalker
image needs switching around

It's not even close. Steam has like 3-4 games that are goty material vs epic having 1 that might be goty material and 2-3 that probably make it into most people's top 5s.

Weebshit is what makes Steam better than Epic.

Does Epic hate Japanese games?

its a known fact that china and japan hate each other

Nobody cares about your peasant console bullshit, fuck off.

Yes, and I hope they continue doing so so I don't have to bother with them and their spyware.

>using Yea Forums
>claims to have a gf
user if your going to bait at least try not to make it blatantly obvious

Remember when PC Fags were going "haha stupid consolefags and their wars"
Now PC has the same shit going on, except its on the same fucking platform.
Sad state of affairs indeed. Fuck China, 1989 Tiananmen Square Massacre

Taiwan is China
PRC is a commie shithole

The idea that people who have a gf are literally physically unable to access the site is always funny to me

Attached: 1384482388975.png (455x395, 448K)

PCfags were sperging out over Intel/AMD/Nvidia for decades.

these faggot chinks don't have any Japanese games. What the fuck is their problem? Epic's library looks like a mess

>2 of the biggest shooter franchises in the world
>Actual games
vs
>Movie games
>An indie mobile game

>What the fuck is their problem?
Being Chink

Nobody cares. They are both free.

Spyware is free. Why don't you download every one of them? You're not losing any money.

I like how PC is no longer a platform but the DRM services all are.

Every DRM is a spyware. And they are both DRM.

>China and japan hate each other

But I saw the director of AC7 tweeting that he got a letter from a Chinese military company which said a lot of its men were the fans of the franchise and promoted its aircrafts

If China really hates Japan, how could this happen?

but that is wrong

Someone answer me why the epic store doesn't deserve every cent they're getting.
They're clearly playing the game better than steam if they're getting downloads. They ensured they had something people want and sold it.

muh chink spyware

I oughta hunt you down for sport for calling Metro "modern STALKER".

>pushing consolewar faggotry on PC
Who cares? Just get the game on whichever platform. None of this matters. Only matters to those companies trying to muscle each other for profit. Ultimately consumers will benefit from competition. There is no reason to cheer for one side over the other.

Good post asides from
>Pirating Journey
The game is literally not worth playing without online functionality, you lose the entire experience by playing in single player.

this
>indie trash and bland AAA titles

I have 700+ games on my wishlist and I have browsed only like 15% of the Steam store so far

do you really think I care about a handful of games not on Steam?
they can't buy every game off of Steam, good luck

Attached: FpnWw4sU_400x400.jpg (400x400, 19K)

>Yikes!
Enjoy your movie

OH NO! WITH EPIC SNATCHING UP ALL THESE BLOCKBUSTERS, WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO PLAY ON MY SHITTY STEAM ACCOUNT???

Attached: epicwon.png (351x117, 31K)

switch? what is this some kind of toy ?

Thanks, I will!

Attached: 1554299842094.gif (500x500, 800K)

Obviously Steam, and BL3 is coming to it next year too.

vocaroo.com/i/s01GFk2Ojlpi

I LOVE IT

Attached: 1554344684287m.jpg (1024x576, 50K)

What the fuck?

DMCV curbstomps the entirety of the Epic Gay Store exclusives list (except Borderlands 3) by itself.

Digital distribution is cancer.

>Ultimately consumers will benefit from competition
this pipe dream hasn't been realized
all the """"benefits""" the consumer has got is downloading an inferior launcher to play games that existed on a superior launcher beforehand, why you might ask? are you entitled or something? buy the damn game goyim

>games on the left
not universally acclaimed games, afraid of their sales and reception
>games on the right
universally loved games from public-trusted developers

it's funny how publishers like capcom seen to not give a shit and just keep pushing their games to steam