What are your favorite unsolved mysteries in gaming?

What are your favorite unsolved mysteries in gaming?

Attached: tree_slash3.jpg (800x600, 424K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCs6nuMXpwCcWRxRMYlMNcdw/videos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

how is that unsolved? im pretty sure there are sabre wolves in this game.

There are no wolves anywhere near this tree. Try playing the game someday

Maybe stalwulfs were meant to appear around the lake in earlier developments.

why does it have to be near the tree? you retarded? theyre in the game.

they appear there at night

Odo Nakamura, the designer of the tree textures in the game was a big fan of X-Men at the time and liked Wolverine the most. This was just a little easter egg he put in the game.

no they don't

random NPCs in D2 talking about lore/story i never got to experience, at least Natalyia has weapons in the game and on the LODxpac assassin class released.

Because wolves don't swim

I can imagine Op's parents observing worried as he autistically investigates a scrach on the wall.

They are in the game you fucking dumb ass
>the saberwolf model is not touching the tree so that cant be it

Attached: 1522735025010.gif (407x405, 317K)

Surely you didn't get up to the tree by swimming?

What about the white wolf that's a mini-boss in the ice cavern?

Here is a real, non-meme mystery.

Attached: 1536294561897.png (466x454, 20K)

What is the Max Headroom broadcast signal intrusion event of video games, Yea Forums?

The Grinch leak

People would not bat an eye at a detail like this in a more modern game with more visual detail. The only reason people care about these scratch marks is that being an old 3D game, OoT is much sparser in detail and thus players become more conscious of how the world is constructed and of the scratch marks being a unique asset not seen elsewhere. And so they attach meaning to it, as some designer on the team must have placed it there with specific intent... right? Or it could just be a fun little pointless detail that they were never chastised about, for wasting cartridge space or whatever. Maybe that altar place is not as safe as you thought, spooky!

Wouldn't it make more sense for Kitaniji's entry fee to have been 'his love for Shibuya' or something like that, given how he was completely ok with just mindraping everyone in it to comply to his idea of a positive change (although he might have been planning that even before starting his game with the Composer)? "Shibuya's existence" sounds a bit extreme, how would the Composer even have collected it for their game? Was Kitaniji barred from exiting the Dead God's Pad? Neku wasn't technically part of the Composer and Kitaniji's game, he was merely a proxy picked after it had begun. The Composer and Neku's duel in the story climax is fair game for speculation, but it should be safe to assume that the Composer was basically just holding the other people in the room hostage for the duration.

Attached: 1377820091542.png (638x357, 164K)

Attached: coffin boo2.jpg (1439x1016, 242K)

The tree is on an island. The only other way for the wolf to get there is by crossing the bridge. However, on the other side of the first bridge, before the one to the tree island, is a giant owl. NO WOLF would go by the GIANT OWL, a source of A SHITLOAD OF MEAT, and claw at the tree instead. If the wolf had done this, we would have found the owl's remains there after the wolf "wolfed" it down.

Well what if it did go after the owl, but the owl flew up into the tree? The wolf clawed at the tree in a hungry attempt at getting to the owl.

Attached: door-for-the-golden-claw.jpg (1920x1080, 380K)

Hmm, interesting, but would the owl fly back down knowing the risk that the wolf could return?

6 coffins for the 6 boos, one big coffin for Big Boo

I was thinking the same thing. How can the existence of Shibuya be Megumi's entry free if Shibuya had to exist for the game to take place? It is an essential rule that entry fees are collected before the game actually starts. With that said, there seems to be an exception for Megumi's game with Joshua. Because Joshua did clearly state that he would be playing not only for Shibuya but also for his own life.
I agree that making the entry fee his love for Shibuya makes more sense and would explain why he wanted to mindcontrol everyone, but it would also be weird. Your entry fee is what you love the most, so it makes no sense to collect your actual love for that something. Because what you love is that thing, not love itself for that thing.

Attached: A71E50CD09C22EAC9D4570CB5E4DE1365B142D7B[1].jpg (1024x576, 167K)

Attached: Threebellsnotebioshockinfinite.jpg (699x452, 87K)

Why is this a mystery? Aren't there hundreds of those?

Was there even any other "puzzles" in Skyrim besides this dumb door?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 17K)

Oh fuck off discord

Attached: jolly.jpg (1747x770, 240K)

Yes. The turning stones, some where you had to activate some lights, aome where you needed a specific shout. Quite a few

>discord
I do not understand.

What I'd like to know is why there were THREE Big Boos in that place yet the implication is that Big Boo is one being that owns the place ("Big Boo's Haunt"). I sense a conspiracy that the hidden big eye is the actual lord of that mansion.

Generic buzzword because they don't know how to have an original thought.

And even then, if we assume that the rules of the Games are equal to all, and that the Composer simply weaseled his way out of paying an entry fee by picking a proxy player in his stead, then isn't it easiest to assume that Neku's entry fees for both the first week and the Kitaniji/Composer wager were his memories? Kitaniji is only capable of returning part of Neku's memories after the first week, while the Composer is holding onto the rest.

Could be that Kitaniji's entry fee was then simply his own life... or was that specifically stated to be separate from the actual entry fee? I don't remember.

buzzword used to point out two or more people scheming shit on discord and posting stuff here

Oh. Well, I don't use discord and I think it is very gay and retarded, personally. I'm not sure why people don't just use IRC.
Posting that image ironically in threads like this is pretty well-worn territory. That some one posted it a minute or so before me isn't that surprising.

See, devs could include shit like this to fuck with people but nah, everything nowadays gets datamined.

Now we can fuck with them

Attached: 1543630199005.png (493x500, 167K)

Attached: pokemontruck.jpg (483x406, 42K)

KEK nintendo fans everyone

Yes there is, in Ocarina of Time Master Quest
Try playing the game someday

Attached: lore_darksheild.jpg (578x572, 99K)

Would be nice if it was inverted.

Huh, never noticed that before

The tree originally wasn't there in lake hylia's development along with that entire island so it's hard to tell where it came from originally to make a theory on what damaged the trunk

Wait a minute, that card...

>Get to this
>Literally think "Wait a minute, that card..."
>Try to open up some kind of inventory
>Check the key bindings, can't find an inventory button
>Fuck do I have to restart the game just to see it again
>Genuinely confused for a minute or two, debating starting over
>Take one step forward and he pulls it out automatically

Attached: 200303003.png (373x328, 18K)

Who are the other 2 balls?

Attached: lore_King_bobomb.jpg (1944x1368, 501K)

Wait a minute... that claw...

It's only in OoT3D. On N64 it's just a black texture.

Dark Luigi
youtube.com/channel/UCs6nuMXpwCcWRxRMYlMNcdw/videos

kings from the other QPUs

where we droppin boys