I've never been much into shooters and I haven't played a single player FPS campaign since probably Nightfire on PS2...

I've never been much into shooters and I haven't played a single player FPS campaign since probably Nightfire on PS2, but I've always been kinda curious about Halo, and am thinking about trying when it comes to Steam.

I played a bit of Halo 3 MP back in the day which I remember being fun, but can anyone convince me to play the campaigns?

Attached: gaylo.jpg (460x215, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_1qFXYFCgdg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well they'll be there and you'll have paid for them, so why not

They're good, Don't play Halo 5.

The campaigns won't be anything special now since they pretty much set the template for story modes in shooters and every game has done it a million times since, but they're a lot of fun with friends.

The meat and bones has always been the multiplayer aspects.

You'll want to do them in order
Reach>H1>H2>H3:ODST>H3>H4>H5

When it comes to which campaigns are best?
H3:ODST>Reach>3>2>4>1>5

5 isn't so bad. It has best girl

Attached: Halo_5_-_031_Exuberant_Witness.jpg (859x411, 64K)

I forgot how to aim in halo 3 I can't get any kills. Help me bros

Why is the hit detection in H2 so much better than 3?

I'm looking forward to catching up with the story, and I hear this Infinite is coming to PC, but the MC collection doesn't include 5, so what's the deal there?

You have to lead your shots in halo 3 but I still can't get any kills :(

Hitscan instead of projectile.

h5 forge is already free on winshit10 with a custom server browser yet it's dead, like sub 100 players daily - i don't see why they can't just port warzone/multiplayer and the story at this point. since 343 is doing the games in chronological order we still have plenty of time before a h5 pc announcement could happen.

wait i thought human weapons were hitscan in h3

Nope, all projectile.

On top of that, the BR's third shot in a burst isn't 100% accurate, it's got a completely random spread. MLG babbies were and still are furious about this, because it's the difference between a four burst headshot kill and a five burst.

It will probably come after MCC. 343 hasn't denied the possibility 5 will come to PC, but isn't committing to it. Given the "when it's ready" approach they're taking to the MCC release they probably don't want to promise it yet just.

This is why H2A is the best multiplayer experience

Why wouldn't they be furious that's dumb as fuck

5's campaign isn't bad, it's just the weakest Halo campaign.

>OG ex-Bungie Texas team that made all those glorious Halo 2 maps came back and gave us even better updated versions with Bloodline, Zenith, Shrine, Lockdown, Stonetown, Warlord etc.
>All the OG Halo 2 balance with none of the BXR bug shit
>Forge

H2A will always be peak Halo.

Attached: 1554332766841.gif (800x450, 2.59M)

Imagine if Infinite even comes close to the amount of love put into H2A

the repeat boss battles and destroy the generator section at the end was sleep inducing - i liked some aspects of h5 but it was a major mess of a game.

They're fun, barring 4. Great with friends, plus you'll be able to take silly pics like in DMC5 through Theater mode when it releases. Look up the IWHBYD skull.

Attached: image.jpg (360x240, 65K)

There’s forge on H2A? Did they really improved Halo 2? Honestly since I don’t have an Xbox One I ignore all about Halo until now.

no

Yep, there's Forge on all H2A anniversary maps. All balancing and map updates were done by the original Halo 2 team now based in Texas who were responsible for the 2004 multiplayer, and has remakes of

>Relic
>Coagulation
>Sanctuary
>Ascension
>Lockout
>Zanzibar
>Warlock

It also includes a skyspace Forge map similar in function to Sandbox from Halo 3. Literally the only downside about the whole thing is that it lacks stuff like Turf, Terminal, Ivory Tower, Headlong etc.

Fuck, that sounds good. Now I’m more hyped. Was the skyspace map as good as sandbox?

Oh I actually forgot there are THREE Forge maps in H2A. Here's one of them

youtube.com/watch?v=_1qFXYFCgdg

Remember the Golden Hog? They added that.

Larger hitboxes

Dont bother. They are the main reason why fps games are in the dumps right now.

>It's Halo's fault every single developer lacked an original bone in their body and only copied what was popular at the time
Love this meme.

If there's a main character voiced by laura bailey that's so forgettable that I don't even notice until a later visit to btva, you've failed in creating characters.

Any character is forgettable with that tiny brain of yours.

I hope 343 hired the halo 2 crew for Halo Infinite

Halo 1, 2 and ODST are pretty good stories and they all have generally good level design and enemies. Halo 3 is basically just a simple action romp that serves as an extended climax for the end of Halo 2 and is largely fun aside one level late in the game. Halo Reach's story is utterly lacking, but the levels are fun. Halo 4 is a complete divergence from the Bungie Halo games in terms of tone and arguably drifts into an odd melodrama with some shoddy writing. The levels aren't terribly good either due to new enemies being trash. Halo 5's is complete garbage.

thanks for all your input. i think i will probably give them a go when they come out, i'm not bothered if they're not too special by today's standards since i've not played any modern shooters, and figured if i was gonna play any it would be Halo.
My only concern is that I heard they are released separately, so will this mean I will have to buy each separately? How much are they gonna be?
On one hand it's good because i could just get the first one and then if i hate it i won't have buyer's remorse so much than if i'd had to buy them all in one go, but on the other hand if i like it it would be annoying to have to pay extra for each game which would probably end up adding to over £50