Grim Dawn thread?

Attached: grim dawn.jpg (464x640, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

grimtools.com/calc/bVAl7Ro2
grimtools.com/calc/a2E5abv2
grimtools.com/calc/a2ddQJG2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I was having fun until I started reading builds. Now I'm an OCD mess

This is what keeps me from looking into builds. I'm shit but i think it would ruin something if i started reading to deep into it.

I got about 5 hours in before I realised it was pretty fucking boring. The builds aren't very fun to play early on, essentially with you having one main skill, and maybe 2/3 support skills.

Maybe I just picked the wrong skill types? I just found "Augment your weapon and occasionally drop a meteor" kinda boring. I liked the aesthetic, but the gameplay was kinda stale even after 6 hours

Tell us about your build and why you chose it.

I'll fire it up and post a screenshot. Hang on

>Grim Dawn thread?
Sure, I have some noob questions.

Should I keep all trash sets so I can transmute them later, or can you transmute them into pieces of other sets?

Should I pick soldier or demo as secondary for my oathkeeper? I guess soldier is more defence and demo is more damage, but which is better for a new character with no gear?

About to jump into this game, can anyone give me the most skill/buff/debuff intensive minion build where I can feel like a commander of a small army?

This is what I'm currently using. I've changed it about 20 times, but I haven't found anything that's "clicked" so far. I use the raven and hellhound for free damage, and I have a point in the augment to boost my weapon, which is a pretty strong Epic 2H Axe called "Falcon's Claw".

My main attack is the Sky Shard, but it's kind of underwhelming. I picked those 2 skill trees cause I Wanted to be a caster, but I haven't found any "caster gear" as it were.

I kinda wanna restart as a big sword and shield throwing guy, but I dunno if I can be arsed playing that beginning again

Attached: GDSB.png (1677x612, 1.82M)

Literally anything you build is viable just use skills you find fun.

this game doesn't have flashy skills. you've seen it all in 5 hours

is the new expansion worth buying?

Ah shit really? I guess when people lauded it as "The true Diablo 2 spiritual sequel" I got pretty excited. I might be wrong, but it just seems like a pretty boilerplate, more gritty and mature (I'm loathe to use that description but it's apt) version of a diablo game?

I tried a few times to play this game and felt the same way, but I've been playing it now for 35 hours and I'm having a blast. The early game is kind of a slog but once you get more skills it gets a lot better. Also I think the starting area is just bland aswell

What kinda build are you running and enjoying? I wanna like the game a lot, cause I love click-em-ups, but I guess I expected it to be more "Flashy" like the other poster said. I'm so bored of the area I'm in btw. I'm just up to the bit where you need to build a bridge near Twin Falls to get some food. Does it get more interesting, in your opinion?

Im thinking about soldier and occultist?

>tfw fire build warlord
lmao 2 charges nigga, everything is fire, praise Korv- I mean Empyrion.

the character models in this game remind me of Din's Curse

Attached: 1473922296-4046358200.jpg (1440x900, 258K)

>this game doesn't have flashy skills
What the fuck man? Literally every skill is flashy compared to almost any other diablo clone.

What should I pair with soldier? Shaman or necro?

Attached: fat fucking snake.gif (270x188, 1.78M)

Oathkeeper is such a good class, so much support for so many damage types. I'm playing Sentinel(Oath+Occ) and the -%RR shred game ridiculous.

Im guessing youre only 20ish, so you arent far off from getting some epics to drop, but a ways to go still
try respeccing to take some points out of your meteor and try out some abilities like olexas flash freeze, curse of frailty (especially the second node for elemental and vitality -resist), sigil of consumption, or pump some points into pancetties missle
for more passive abilities you could try iskendras elemental exchange (great for pets), maivens sphere of protection, and mirror of erosteces
you could respec and level into albrechts aether ray, its a pretty power spell once you get good support for it, and you could modify it into vitality/chaos as well

I'm 24 at the moment. I dunno man, I'm just not feeling a caster in this game. I wish I could basically play Necro from D2, but I know I'd need the exp for that, and I dont wanna drop extra money if I don't even like the base game.

I think I might respec for a shield toss character later on tonight (that does exist right?)

Either that or a big 2H guy that slaps people about. Kinda like Barb from D2

Do you want to be the god of thunder or a cold boy?

I mean bleed trauma is also possible with Shaman

honestly occultist/arcanist is tough to build and is pretty clunky early
if you have the DLC, aether/fire necro+arcanist is a super sweet caster, and inquisitor+anything is very powerful and versatile
if not, demolitionist has a large variety of explosive aoes. Shaman+arcanist is a pretty sweet lighting/elemental class especially with a twohander

Cold boy sounds fun desuwa

Attached: drunk dog 2.gif (400x300, 946K)

hes either salty, stupid, or baiting

>I think I might respec for a shield toss character later on tonight (that does exist right?)
you need both expansions for oathkeeper

soldier+something is usually that something but tankier

That's a bummer. I think I might just restart anyway. I kinda just went into this run willy nilly, not knowing enough about the game. I don't think I'm enjoying my class mix, it's just kinda boring? Or maybe that's coming down to not knowing what skills work well in conjunction.

Does the setting ever change up btw? I'm kinda done with "It's haunted moorlands"

There any damage-over-time-heavy class combinations/builds? Don't care about the source damage and definitely don't care about pets. I just like to play things that melt enemies overtime.

There's some variety, you go from moorlands, to wastelands, to farmlands, to spoopy demon graveyards and more. Expansion has a post apocalyptic city and expansion 2 has desert and volcanic regions.

Just killed the tentacle rape monster, on veteran what now? Next difficulty or do the expansion shit

expansions have fun content. Malmouth is probably the better of the two expansions though.

Inquisitor dual pistols with max chance on attack fire, ice, and lightning. I call it the Gene Starwind build. No idea how I'm gonna work my Occultist mastery into this, but killing everything with Through the Night playing is awesome.

Attached: Gene_Starwind_Profile_%282%29.jpg (1389x1945, 686K)

anyone beat hardcore crucible yet?

It's honestly up to you. I would 100% skip it on Elite though.

I made a necro/soldier a during AoM but now Soldier/Oathkeeper is probs better. here's a link for a rough setup for a cadence build that will be pretty much invincible. The retaliation is mostly just nice because it clears all trash while you stick to a main target. you could also for sure go for something with more damage but being tanky as fuck just feels so good in this game I would recommend everyone make at least one tank just to try it

grimtools.com/calc/bVAl7Ro2

Is it worth starting a new character on Ultimate? For what it's worth I have a stash of exp potions and Lokarr's set. I'm just worried I'd waste too much time/potions getting my ass kicked.

>Reach the Korvan sands
>wiping out plagues of scarab beetles
>suddenly out of nowhere a giant, purple named t-rex jumps out at the speed of light and one shots me.

10/10 enjoying the expansion on my purifier.

Is 100% armor absorb worth it?
Is crab / turtle worth it?
Is Bards Harp useful?
Is Dryad cleanse worthwhile? Nullification was always handy, but you could control when to use it.
How does inquisitor seal work with Devotions? Do they activate when retaliation damage happens?

I'm still debating a refund.

>have to run thesis participants
>really want to stay at home and be a useless sack of shit playing grim dawn all day
AHHHHH I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT I'LL DO
HURL MYSELF AT SHATTERED REALM SOME MORE EVEN THOUGH I CAN'T MAKE IT PAST THE EARLY 40s
MAYBE LEVEL MY BLADEMASTER OR SENTINEL

what do you want to do? lightning? drain essence? pets?

>CAN'T MAKE IT PAST THE EARLY 40s
On ultimate.
Right?

primal strike shaman with the totems

Big dick damage and annihilating things with a two hander preferably.

aether and cthonic areas are very cool but past the second act I believe. there are some big skelly dungeons

Yeah
4bosslmao FUCKS ME UP depending on the composition

demo+inquisitor

>hack my save file so I can start on Ultimate difficulty at lvl 40 with some decent green gear.

Get fucked, retarded game devs. I'm not playing the same game 3 times. Fuck you if you think this is still acceptable in 2019.

Attached: 2435.jpg (499x499, 26K)

do some crucible first to level and get some devotion if you can. going in level 1 anywhere but normal is tough riding.
if youre doing homemade builds, I'd suggest at least level 30 before starting ultimate. 15 before elite

You just described Shaman perfectly.

see

Sweet. Any advice for building a soldier+shaman then? I started with soldier and so far i've just been going down the forcewave line.

>divine shoulderguards still gets handed out like candy

The drop rates are still retarded.

I can never decide between primal and savagery, Primal has more AoE, but is not a default attack, savagery gives a nice big dump of def and off ability, it just looks better but Primal feels better.

>tfw made an oathbreaker/Soldier beefy tank
I love that shield lob attack
And Demo and Inquisitor glass cannon is super fun to, have a shitload of life leech tho

Attached: 1529932137996.jpg (237x237, 48K)

Is oathkeeper tanky? I want a gun and board build. Was thinking occultist and oathkeeper because all my other builds use dem, and guns.

I've heard Forcewave gets a little underwhelming late game, but I would stick with that unless it turns out to be true. Mogdrogen's Pact and Wendigo Totem are musts, just to make you invincible. If you're into bleeding damage, take Devouring Swarm too.

I really tried to like GD and even played a glass cannon build to make it challenging but in the end it's just a boring grind that doesn't generate the same level of fun as playing diablo 2

I like how in FG there's just random bosses everywhere.

Wind devils for lightning build are a must aswell.

>this game doesn't have flashy skills

Attached: the power of left clicking.webm (640x360, 2.94M)

>divine shoulderguards still gets handed out like candy
It's probably just you, I bet everyone has that one item that keeps dropping.
for me it's Light's Defender Gauntlets and that new mace Gavel of Ravenous Souls, already got 5 of that last one. I'm not even sure I have Divinesteel Shoulderguards in almost 2k hours played.

So is it me or is the new class busted AF?
Literally just toss my shield and I fucking one shot everything. Plus it bounces like 4 times.

turtle is a godsend for such little investment: I strongly recommend it

youre not going to have the damage output shaman can get with the caster classes, but if you go max lightning, the active shaman abilities will be pretty good and soldier will help give you a big fat healthbar
if you want the tankiest build, go blue/yellow for devotion, red can give you a lot of lifesteal effects, a mix of colors gives some good lightning abilities
the only soldier actives youll have are pretty much blitz and forcewave (as an extra attack in your cycle)

bind savagery to the left mouse and primal strike to the right

grimtools.com/calc/a2E5abv2

Good enough for spinning boy with two frens? An oathkeeper has so much good stuff, too bad i can't take everything.

Sentinel is fun AF, but not super tanky. You'll have some good survivability with your passives (mainly from Blood of Dreeg and the Oathkeeper passive that gives you more healing when you drop below 66%), but you'll be more of a "tanky caster" than a real soldier-tier tank.
Pick up tortoise and you'll be fine, I would think.

Congratulations, the shit you picked is like one of maybe 2 class combinations that just doesn't fucking work at all, the other being Necromancer/Inquisitor.
Prove me wrong.
You can't.

No prob, I restarted! I made a soldier, focusing on the passives and shield storm thing, I'm already enjoying it more.

I think I might go Shaman on my second tree, it sounds fun. I'm defo going sword and shield

my guilty pleasure character, defenses so low i have to always play with my friend. but it's so satisfying

Attached: Untitled.png (1993x627, 837K)

what does this game do better than PoE?

>Is 100% armor absorb worth it?
Absolutely.
>Is crab / turtle worth it?
Very much so in the early game but not as useful late game.
>Is Bards Harp useful?
I've used it before, pretty useful since it's easy to get blue/yellow so it's not too hard to spare the points.
>Is Dryad cleanse worthwhile?
I'm assuming you meant Ulo. It's very useful when your resistances get nuked, but like you said, it's hard to control if you attach it to a skill you're always using. You'd have to attach it to something you never use, and have an open skill slot.
>How does inquisitor seal work with Devotions? Do they activate when retaliation damage happens?
If the devotion is a "X% chance on attack" then it would proc when the seal does damage to something on top of it. I don't think you can attach it to a "X% chance when hit" devotion, but if you can, it will proc if you're on the seal. I don't know about the retaliation damage, but since retaliation only activates when you get hit by melee, that would mean it's already getting hit by your seal, so it's hard to test.

it separates life nodes from your skill/passive build

never played poe because of the F2P and micro-transaction stigma surrounding it.

don't worry the start of the game is just really slow and tedious, it gets fun later, making alts is suffering but oh well

itemization

i mean, they aren't really all that flashy, there's just a shit ton of them going on at once

Looks like it would work better with dem than occultist. Its still early I might reroll

>Very much so in the early game but not as useful late game.
Fuck. grimtools.com/calc/a2ddQJG2
In idea what to respecc? I wanted to get Obelisk of Menhir for the absorb, but saw Phoenix devotion with absorb (while less) but also damage, the Stag is just there for the +damage and nodes.
I wanted crab so I could respecc Anvil and get rid Scholars Light for better point management.

>If the devotion is a "X% chance on attack" then it would proc when the seal does damage to something on top of it. I don't think you can attach it to a "X% chance when hit" devotion, but if you can, it will proc if you're on the seal. I don't know about the retaliation damage, but since retaliation only activates when you get hit by melee, that would mean it's already getting hit by your seal, so it's hard to test.

Well Im using GrimInfernal, so I see debuffs I apply to enemies and since I could attach Eldritch Fire to Seal AND see it proccing on heros but see no damage part of Seal in the description except for the retaliation damage, I wasnt sure how it proccs, I guess as long as it does, its fine?