Sekiro barely has any replay value other than New Game Plus or the different endings

Sekiro barely has any replay value other than New Game Plus or the different endings.

Bloodborne was honestly better now in retrospect. Hopefully Sekiro gets DLC later down the line for obvious reasons, but yeah, Bloodborne is still better.

Attached: Bloodborne.jpg (1920x1080, 172K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-MliGhVSMyQ&list=PLCLeSTzz6trYbq3--fstssIh3T-G6qr9w&index=3
youtube.com/watch?v=gokhBJWSjeM
youtube.com/watch?v=wkWF3l9Zask
youtube.com/watch?v=jlo7Yo5eb_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=K_qtlT96weU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No shit. This didn't need a thread. Both games are great.

we've known this for months
>no pvp
>no builds
>no replayability
>no reason not to pirate

Well duh.
Souls and Bloodborne are way better than Sekiro because they do so much more than just having good combat.

They have atmosphere, soul, online, tons of weapons, replayability, great music

Bloodborne barely has any replay value other than New Game Plus or the different endings.

?
None of the souls games have replayablity and all the builds are the same (mash r1 and roll).
Also, PvP would never work breh.

The level and world design of Sekiro is so boring. In Bloodborne, you feel like there's something unpredictable behind every corner. After just a few hours of Sekiro, you notice how repetitive its patterns are and you just rush through shit without even exploring areas because it's all useless anyways.

I don't believe Sekiro was directed by Miyazaki. They had a "co-director" so I'm guessing they just used Miyazaki's name as PR.

I never really replay the new from games that much anyways. Just a couple of times to get anything i missed or different endings in sekiro's case but I legit don't understand how some of you guys can have like over 200 hours in a single souls game. I played through sekiro 4 times and got all the achievements as well and that was like 60 hours. Even with pvp in DS I've never gotten over like 80

Sekiro's level design shits all over BB, you retarded fanboy.

Not at all. Sekiro's level design is so mundane and soulless.

how many fucking threads like this do we need? Is it just sonybros upset that Sekiro isn't exclusive? Both games are clearly excellent and achieve what they set out to achieve. Anything beyond that is just a matter of opinion.

Only a Sekirolet would think so

You're both retarded. They're so different that you can't even compare them. BB is more about funnelling you into tight spots while Sekiro levels are much more like Tenchu, where you get to set the rules for engagement.
It's not like Dark Souls 1 shit-tier levels, it's pure subjective preference.

You do realize Sekiro is on PS4 aswell and sold most amount of copies on PS4?

>while Sekiro levels are much more like Tenchu
You've never played Tenchu. Only Ashina Castle is remotely similar to Tenchu if even that.

>reading comprehension
where did you leave yours?

Dark Souls 1 is the best Miyazaki game ever made though, slightly ahead of even Bloodborne?

Sekiro is nowhere near

If you arent a worthless neet then replay value means very little. I buy a good single player game for $60 and move on

cope

I played Shadow Assassins, Tenchu 2, and WoH at length. Estates and Mibu are rips on Ronin Village in WoH and the ways levels are structured overall is simply more like Tenchu, with larger canvases to plan assault.

Dark Souls 1 is the most influential, but the game plays like dogshit, is primitive compared to later games, is completely unbalanced, and it's a joke in terms of.difficulty.

You might not like the setting or atmosphere, and that’s fine, but the design is anything but “soulless”. You should probably stop throwing around that buzzword. The game has excellent level design, it’s just a different game from BB. They have different design philosophies. There’s a lot of hidden love in sekiro, like finding that hidden passageway with the massive snakeskin, the ape’s mate’s corpse, the dead great carp at the bottom of fountainhead etc.

I think Sekiro mostly suffers from a relatively boring setting and ultimately no reason to explore the levels themselves. They did do a pretty good job with the setting all things considered though, sometimes I was really impressed, but even then it's still just the boring "japan pagodas lmao" trope which is hard to get out of.
But as I was saying before, which I realized second and third playthrough, is that you can go through the entire first playthrough without even exploring any of the areas and it wont hurt your playthrough at all since all you'll discover is fucking sugars. They really needed an item overhaul or to make the levels a lot more interesting in design and with a lot more variety in environments to make exploring worthwhile in an of itself. Like Ash Lake for example, it would suck to not have ever seen it and it's a sweet place to explore but there's not really anything down there, doesn't make it a waste of time though

What the fuck is up with all that useless loot shit? Literally wasting my life with that retarded shit.

"Replay value" is a meme. Why should I play a game again for 1% extra content when everything else is the same? It'd be one thing if they changed the enemy placement and AI, but they just give enemies more damage and health. The different builds barely matter, the fundamentals are still the same.

I replay games I like, it has nothing to do with how supposedly replayable they are.

>In Bloodborne, you feel like there's something unpredictable behind every corner

Oh please, enemies lying in wait to gank you gets predictable after the first couple times. The greatest strength of Bloodborne's level design is its combat arenas (mixing different types of enemies together and forcing you to weave in and out of fights and adapt on the fly) which Sekiro does better. Sekiro adds a ton of mobility and verticality and gives you more ways to approach situations. The stealth is far from perfect but that's only because Fromsoft didn't improve the AI enough from Soulsborne. Every bad thing you can say about Sekiro's AI applies equally or more to Bloodborne.

I will say that Sekiro's idol placement is a bit too generous, but Bloodborne's is far from perfect and not being able to rest at lanterns is horrible. The lack of meaningful shortcuts is also an issue but given that Sekiro gives the player so much more mobility, they couldn't pull the same old tricks (like Bloodborne's hyper-reliance on elevators).

The problem is that "atmosphere", as a term, has been thrown around almost exclusively to extol grim, horror-esque experiences around here for a very long time.

Thus, some people equate a lack of these aspects, especially in relation to the souls franchise, which has traditionally had some very macabre themes and elements, as a lack of "atmosphere", disregarding the broad scope of the term.

Sometimes I think people will only admit a game is atmospheric if it literally has mist/fog ambient atmospheric effects puddled in every nook and cranny, with low droning moans around every corner.

>japan boring!
>western generic castles good!
Stick to Skyrim

Sekiro has way more variety in its environments than Bloodborne though. It has actual fucking color.

yep, I mean I'm no game dev but it's just lazy design imo. All the sugars are basically useless items that barely increase stats and the balloons aren't really that important. They easily could have made upgrade materials more scarce and switched out a lot of the loot items for those so that you actually have to search the world for your upgrades. And I just came up with that solution in under 10 seconds, I'm sure there's much better paths to take and much more meaningful items to actually put into the game to also make subsequent playthroughs more fun

>"Replay value" is a meme.

No it isn't. Replay value is why people keep games on their hard drives for prolonged periods of time, validating their continued presence.

I genuinely cannot see myself playing Sekiro again after the second or third time realistically. Bloodborne i genuinely played for months on end and then the DLC came out with all new weapons to play the game with and enjoy multiplayer with.

>needs pvp and """builds"""
Christ Soulsfags are the worst

that's not what I said retard, also when DS first came out all that western castle shit like Anor Londo was completely new, I don't remember seeing a game prior to that that really put so much emphases on architecture like that. Even Sekiro didn't really experiment with their Pagodas, Ashina Castle is ultimately not really that interesting of a design and doesn't have many quirks or cool things going on like Anor Londo did. I definitely wasn't saying Skyrim had better architecture than Sekrio, if that's what you're implying
Yeah but the color is so far and few between. Ashina castle and outskirts all look the same, and then you have the snake passage and Ashina depths as well which also look the same. Going out of the depths into Bodhisattva Valley was a fucking breath of fresh air, the real problem there is how small that end area is. They take all this time to put you through the boring snowy mountains and then when you finally get out the area is tiny without much to explore. Senpou Temple and Fountainhead Palace are the only two areas that feel large compared to the snowy beginning of the game, and even then looking back they still feel like they were swarmed by much less interesting environments.

>Sekiro barely has any replay value other than New Game Plus or the different endings.
WOW HOW FUCKING INSIGHTFUL.

>Sekiro barely has any replay value other than New Game Plus or the different endings
I'm on my third playthrough. The only other From game I played three times was Bloodborne. The game is fun so it has replay value.

Personally, I couldn't bring myself to replay Bloodborne after I platinum'd it. This was before the DLC, of course.

The game actually bored me to numbness because the Chalices were useless on higher playthroughs and the games content after around the Blood Starved Beast was always either far too easy (basically all the bosses) or far too tedious (enemy hunters).

Plus, it was actually surprisingly short. Compared at least, to the prior souls games.

Bloodborne is better because it's a Sony exclusive. Multiplats just don't feel right.

Imagine PvP in this game. It would be turtle fucking city, people would be Spidermanning the fuck out, and the run speed would make the netcode shit itself.

So fucking wait a while and play it some other time
I don't know why you retards think you need to barrel through a game a dozen times right when it comes out, then if you can't the game is shit because of "muh replay value".

imagine all the sick midair axe kills you could get

? How? You'd never be able to catch anyone.

git gud

Attached: QjQBXlxOidAsayP-1600x900-noPad.jpg (750x421, 71K)

The only things BB is better are:
- art direction/unique setting
- lore

Sekiro:
- better combat
- better bosses

so clearly Sekiro is better video game

Attached: 1498320316234.jpg (182x276, 6K)

I wrote the book on PvP user, during Demons. I was the first teacher.

characters are also better written in Sekiro. This is important in cases like Isshin

Enemies, music.
There's a equipment variety and build argument there, but that shit is just meme arguments.

Christ there's a new Snoy fanboy says his Fromsoft game is the best thread and insults Sekiro every 10 minutes. Cope with the fact Sekiro is an amazing game, as is Bloodborne

Attached: 1554186223418.jpg (1280x720, 251K)

>Enemies, music.
Yeah, they're better in Sekiro. Also Sekiro is way more KINO
youtube.com/watch?v=-MliGhVSMyQ&list=PLCLeSTzz6trYbq3--fstssIh3T-G6qr9w&index=3

Found a sane person. Thank God.

No they're not. Sekiro doesn't let its freak flag fly enough and the variety is miniscule compared to BB.
As for the songs, Sekiro arguably has the worst OST and it's recorded in a closet with midi and samples. I can tell you've never touched an instrument.

Sekiro's music sucks honestly, it is extremely generic and all it does is set the stage. Absolutely NONE of it is memorable. I haven't played bloodborne so someone should post some of it's best tracks so I can judge.

W3 on the other hand, say what you want about the game, but that is one great fucking soundtrack.
youtube.com/watch?v=gokhBJWSjeM

I don't understand these threads. They're both great games, and I prefer BB overall, but OP sounds almost desperate.

Attached: 88f.png (652x712, 321K)

>I can tell you've never touched an instrument.
keep projecting. If you don't think is masterpiece = you've no idea what music really is, shitter
youtube.com/watch?v=wkWF3l9Zask

another tasteless faggot
also
> Witcher OST
LMAO

this is garbage, just because it's fighting music doesn't mean you can't throw an actual memorable melody in there jesus.

If this isn't memorable for you I have a bad news, deaf ear..

Attached: 1547756400170.png (379x364, 57K)

>Sampled timpani and plugins.
>compression cranked.
Here's your sekiro orchestra user

Attached: 4.jpg (500x500, 55K)

nah you're the only tasteless faggot here

> listened thousands of hours of different genres in my entire life
> against a faggot who calls witchers music great and listens to rap mostly
Yeah, sure, kid

Attached: 1529191550413.jpg (1024x1024, 115K)

user it really is garbage, music doesn't even need to have some heavenly melody to be memorable
youtube.com/watch?v=jlo7Yo5eb_Q
Your Sekiro song is just shit. Go ahead and post any other actual music you like so we can laugh at how shit your taste is

They're fucking zoomers. Literal zoomers. These are the types of people that go on Twitch and look up the views just to see if the game is "socially relevant." These are the types of people that want multiplayer in every game. These are the types of people developers cater to with their open world 400+ hour bloated trash. These are the types of people that think PVP and builds are the only reason anyone should have replayed Souls games. The types of people Yea Forums used to despise. Now this place is infested with them. They never played a singleplayer game pre-2007. These people would have called Super Metroid or Ocarina of Time "flavor of the month" with zero replay value. Literal zoomers.

user you're assuming things about the wrong guy.
youtube.com/watch?v=K_qtlT96weU

> posts movie soundtrack
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
at least post Vangelis, shit taste faggot. You're pathetic

Attached: 1546041616839.gif (400x225, 2.64M)

I beat the game and didn't use half of the Combat Arts or Prosthetics. There's definitely replay value there.

what kind of garbage is this? You want this crap to be playing of your funeral?

Who would listen to this over something like Godspeed or Silver Mount? Not even him.

Lol the old “I ran past everything this game is too easy” in 2019 eh? Classics never die

I posted the soundtrack because it specifically adhered to what I was saying
I'm also this guy >Vangelis
oh wow, so you're just a name dropper who thinks Blade Runner is the greatest film soundtrack of all time. It is a great soundtrack user, but almost all the people who point to it are fucking plebs since it is always so well praised they think they can get good boy points for using it as their examples of good taste

Ugh fucking kill me now the everybody saying soulless is honestly better than when you fucks discovered the word autism those were dark times indeed

>godspeed over dirty three
holy shit user, go back to Yea Forums, you still have some charts to look at so you can find out what your taste should be since you can't find it yourself
disgusting

What if they are both good and we are all the lowest level of human for arguing about it on a Cambodian sewing board?

sekiro is a meme game made by the C team

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (3680x1436, 1.02M)

I've never been to Yea Forums and my question was legit. This shit reminds me of Black Ox and other hipster Yiddish folk shit, so I don't see the appeal when other bands can do this on a side project and tap into post rock too.

Lmfao I wasn’t even in this convo but you simultaneously posting a thread relative Pepe, greentexting, and being ultra hyper cringe (thousands of hours of different genres) made me reply. You’re fucking hilarious keep it up!

How mad do you have to be to make this picture? Why are soulshitters like this?

Most of the criticism towards Sekiro is pretty unjust. People who hate the game seem to make it unfun themselves by running past enemies, fighting a big bunch head on, cheesing bosses by running, doing nothing but parrying in fights etc. If you adjust and play the game 'properly', you only don't get more out of it, but also beat it quicker.

I find the game to be on par Bloodborne or even better. I much more enjoyed the stealth approach and posture battles over more strict, dodge/hit fights in Bloodborne.

Bloodborne's replay value is miserable and there's literally zero reason to go into ng+. Sekiro at the very least locks a few arts behind NG+ and makes it impossible to fully utilize all prosthetics and skills in one playthrough, as well as giving you new difficulty setting that forces you to utilize mechanics to the max.
Not to mention that Sekiro is a way, WAY more technical game and while BB's NG+ is a simple DPS fest, Sekiro forces you to continue getting good and use all tools well.

>calling other people hipsters
>listens to godspeed and mount zion and probably thinks they are the greatest thing to come out of post-rock
user you really should go to Yea Forums, you'd fit in great there with all those other faggots

Bloodborne is very hard to top, though.

Attached: bloodbornemedium.png (2301x1296, 3.65M)

i dont understand how this game took a full soulsborne dev cycle to make yet has 0 replayability with no combat playstyle variations and a shit ton of recycled content with copy pasted bosses everywhere. was it stuck in dev hell?

Attached: 1547601726089.png (619x757, 126K)

More replay than souls 3

Bloodborne had the best since the few weapons you get can alter combat radically and if you really love it you can do the dungeon thing

>combat arts viable
>prosthetics viable other than cheap cheese

Attached: 1449339504210.jpg (251x242, 17K)

It honestly sounds like you've spent time there. I'm a cellist and actually played with Norsola Johnson on a few occasions and that's how I became familiar with those bands during their Hotel2Tango days. They're pretty good for that style of music. What instruments do you play?

There's a veery few weapons in bloodborne that alter the gameplay.
At least 80% of arsenal still makes R1 spam or charged R2 spam the best option present. The rest are just exceptions like Bowblade giving you range, Saif enabling quick gap closing and a few arcane tools being viable on a very specific build.

It was made for like 20m in 18 months user.

Being unable to even come with a coherent post is a trademark of a frogfucker

>no fashion

Sekiro is on pc.
Sekiro wins.

Attached: 129133472639.jpg (960x720, 94K)

Sekiro is in another league of gameplay and storytelling. Bloodborne is Fortnite by comparison. No amount of multiplayer gimmicks can change the actual quality of the gameplay, and bloodborne is just another souls game with guns.

Sekiro has better level design by a mile

>Sekiro barely has any replay value
Expected. That's why I skipped it for now and I'll wait to play the full game when the complete edition comes out.

And Bloodborne has less replay value than any souls game. Tbh From is slowly working their way towards a game you'll play literally once and then it'll delete itself from your library or something.

I couldn't even remember where that OST boss fight was from and I'm a huge sucker for songs, nah m8, sekiro OST is garbage, they dropped the ball hard on that one

If wanted a walking treasure hunter simulator, I’d play Skyrim you mong.

People literally only play Sekiro for the boss fights and combat mechanics..

You shouldn’t even have to loot anything's imo. Game should be organized by tiers based on boss difficulty and you should get automatic vitality upgrade/fight style unlocks accordingly

Bloodborne's multiplayer is a non-existent shit. It actually actively hurts the game since chalice seeds are locked behind online instead of being usable even without PS+. The invasion system is so pathetically poorly working you could've spent up to 10 minutes trying to invade even when the game was active.
And i'm saying this as someone who really tried to make it work for myself.
Both Sekiro and Bloodborne should be considered strictly offline games and as a complete package without DLC, base Sekiro beats base Bloodborne mechanically, in terms of level design, boss design and enemy design by far.

Attached: 1524452541549.webm (1280x720, 2.76M)

game should have had a bit more bosses then. Lots of them reused attacks and I saw to many of the same. Not complaining specifically, I love the game, but if we're pointing out flaws then I would say this

>you can't rebind the controls to your liking
It's trash along with every other game that does this

but you can

Only reason Bloodborne is seen in such a positive light is because it's a PS4 exclusive.

My wife.

Attached: 1554359743894.jpg (1080x1528, 433K)

Ooooh, look at this salty sekiro cuck

Wrong. Fuck off with your console wars. BBfags and even soulsfags aren't keen on Nippon Souls. Get over it.

Demon's Souls also is an exclusive and no one gives a shit about it.

The lack of replayability/build and weapon variety/online longevity is going to cripple the popular opinion of Sekiro on the long run.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Cry more
You just got cucked into buying an overpriced game

That’s because zoomers never played it

Yeah, “cucked” to play a superior game. How rough.

ITT: seething Snoy shills

Attached: 1452748724253.jpg (920x900, 173K)

Sekiro has the same price as base BB on release and has more unique content, at least try to make a coherent argument you retarded monkey.

even if they did they likely wouldn't enjoy it

ITT: Seething Fagiro Shills

Attached: Fagiro Shills.jpg (828x788, 112K)

Who cares about what zoomers think.

Lads please. Sekino and Kinoborne are both great. Can't we just enjoy two great games?

>wojak
Yep, as expected of BBfag. Cancer.

Demon's Souls was great, all the Dark Souls games are great and Sekiro is great. I haven't played Bloodborne yet but I'm sure it's great too.

Attached: 1jlRaGC.jpg (500x565, 86K)

The game has like 40-60 hours of content at the very least. Sekiro is not a soulslike RPG, it's a stealth action game with a static character and a story that isn't very strongly obfuscated through being hidden across item descriptions.
How is playing a through it to completion once (or twice because NG+ is different enough to warrant a try) not enough? You have two difficulty modes and four unique endings to get and then you're good. You're done, you've played all of the game, and you got a pretty good amount of time out of it for your money.
What happened to the idea of FINISHING a game and moving on?

game studios and publishers

>filtered so hard by lady butterfly you make this image

>t. centrists.
You happyfags need to pick a side in the contrarian war for the very soul of Yea Forums itself.

>40-60 hours of content at the very least
>when I 100% my first playthrough in 35 hours.
Wut

>Japan pagodas lmao trope
It's not a trope that's actual architecture you babbling retard.
Go back to arguing about diapers on tvtropes, faggot.

>100%
>first playthrough
What a retard

>liar
>cheating pc fag
choose one

>pvp in souls games is good
Yeah no

It's not hard to get through your first playthrough in 35 hours but it's literally impossible to 100% the game in only your first playthrough unless you fuck with save values.

its amazing how sekirotrannies still have no other response than "you got filtered" when you tell them how shit their game is

Its got the """weapon variety""" of previous Souls games via the combat arts except it made people realize how worthless that variety actually is since it just modifies startup/recovery length and damage of your attacks.

Bloodborne is still the hardest

THIS

Who the fuck cares about replay value are you faggots like 12 where you only have a single game for several months?

I respect your wrong opinion.

>t. Filtered by Chained Ogre.

Attached: Thanks+mathmachicken+_8e6edc22e21e7e6eb8ed1adc8e08eca4.jpg (326x288, 30K)

that's only if you literally use one weapon with your build. Soulsgames have a huge amount of build variety if you start experimenting with different armor types, weapon and spell combinations, and you start augmenting your character with ranged weapons.
DS2 is even more massive because of all the useful ways in which you can power stance items, that and heavy attacks are actually useful in that game.

Scenery in that picture is FOOKING ACE.

we need more games like this !

That was actually something that Bioshock Infinite did extremely well. It moved the setting out of darkness, smoke, and flashing lights but
Columbia was just as atmospheric as rapture or the vaun braun, even though it was brightly lit.

>Bloodborne i genuinely played for months on
Thats just pure autism

You're talking shit. Combat in dark souls is barebones as fuck compared to pretty much every other action game. You swing and it either staggers the enemy enough for you to get another hit or it doesn't and you back away and repeat. Ranged attacks are almost universally a projectile that does some damage and that's it. Nothing compounds and nothing has combo potential.
There was no actual synergy between spells and weapons until dark souls 3 and even then it's just two spells you can cast like a weapon swing that STILL don't actually set up any interesting weapon play.
Every piece of armor in the entire game is mechanically identical, the only thing that meaningfully changes is the armor number behind the scenes.

The only actual depth to dark souls action combat is literally a bunch of glitches players abused to throw at each other in PVP. That's the extent of the combat depth the game had.
It's not particularly bad gameplay but it is by no means mechanically deep or interesting. Don't kid yourself.

Wait what? I just bought both Sekiro and BB, is there really content locked behind online/multiplayer? I can still cancel my order desu.

You can't use shared chalices. That's about it.

Why do you need to play a game more than two or three times.
You finished the game, had your fun, and got a good amount of time out of it. Why do you need to keep playing it? Just play a different fucking game now you retard the game is over you finished it good job.

Can you not be done with something?

well, yes, but they are content made by the community, cut content and places to farm items

Well, don't really know what that means since I know pretty much nothing about the game but it doesn't sound too important? As long as I don't miss anything important.

Gotcha, thanks anons.

Actually combat arts are way more important to gameplay on ng+ compared to different categories of weapons in souls games, Shadowrush alone completely changes the tactics you can use against bosses and there's no analogue of that move in souls games, especially since it leaves you in the air for air prosthetic usage.

All chalices have a glyph. You can share these glyphs to other players via PS+. Nothing really substantial, unless you want to get in on co-oping and invasions.

Chalice dungeons give quick and painless access to a lot of weapons, good gems and other shit. You can play without them but if you will try to play an arcane build offline for example, then your experience is going to be really fucking hampered because there's barely any elemental stones in main game.