What if the next mainline FINAL FANTASY game was just a Monster Hunter game with a FF skin?

What if the next mainline FINAL FANTASY game was just a Monster Hunter game with a FF skin?

Attached: FFXVI.png (1245x921, 1.4M)

its a phone game, no joke

Attached: 1507294724794.jpg (280x281, 78K)

Didn't they do that already

>He is known primarily for his work on massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs), as chief planner on Dragon Quest X, and as director and producer of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.
I doubt they want to kill off XIV already, so I doubt it's another FF MMO
it could be another Dragon Quest MMO,
no way in hell it's a new IP, nor a single player game
going full MonHun is possible, I would love a FF Monster Hunter as long as it was a proper action game and not some hybrid combat system

Attached: MotDFFXV.gif (500x281, 1.68M)

hot

the article is clearly referring to the next gen consoles, not mobile

stop shitposting

I believe it.

Well I'd say that would definitely kill the FF series as a whole.

>every game is just some other game with a new coat of paint by a different developer
What if they made an actually good game for once? One that wasn't a faggy dress-up/road trip simulator? Wouldn't THAT be a shocker?

Attached: disgust_bobby.jpg (615x456, 31K)

Blizzard hasn't made any good RPGs in a long time.
What will he copy for FFXVI?

>Monster Hunter game with a FF skin?
I would not mind that at all. I kinda really want to just hunt monsters as a black mage.

Attached: Black_Mage_-_FIRE.gif (66x52, 1K)

final fantasy explorers literally already exists

Attached: Genius.png (640x853, 1.22M)

its true man they have been talking about a new mmo but they dont see a point in another pc mmo so that means its either a console mmo or mobile which seems more likely

Attached: 1554196100708.jpg (477x724, 553K)

I can't see them making another MMO when they're already currently supporting 3, even if only 2 of them are active. Maybe when XIV starts to wind down they'll do it, but that probably won't be for at least 5 years at this rate.

he's not wrong, based and humblepilled

It may be FFXVI, but it won't be an MMO. I for one am hoping the fact that YoshiP has been hanging around with Yoko Taro a lot means more potential work for him (beyond just YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse).

He said something a while back about being disappointed with SE/the Japanese games industry in general for not doing enough/any big AAA blockbuster titles like the west, and so he wanted to make one himself. It's probably related to that.

As far as I'm concerned, FF ended with IX

based