>No user profiles
>No reviews
>No groups or forums
>No in-home streaming
>Literal chink spyware
>A bunch of literal who games and Fortnite
>Shit/non-existent customer service and support
>Shit international pricing

S-steam f-f-fags totally got BTFO, right guys?

Attached: featured.jpg (1016x1139, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

linfo.org/monopoly_predatory_tactics.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Shit international pricing
It's literally the same as Steam and GOG.
Stores doesn't decide the pricetags, publishers do, retard.

Attached: 1529882924044.jpg (239x207, 19K)

>>Literal chink spyware

Actually nope, sheep.

TIANANMEN SQUARE MASSACRE

Exactly.

Besides, none of my friends use it on top of it missing all those features.
Why the fuck would I use it?

>Only 20 games
Second
>no cloud saves
Second
>No user profiles
not a big deal, no one really looks at those
>no groups or forums
actually, they use to, it been rebranded as the Fortnite Forums. Also, nobody would use the forums so no one cares
>In home streaming
not a big deal, use twitch
>spyware
every other website takes your private information
>People only use it for Fortnite
Of course, because it was made by epic you retard
>shit service
if people are complaining about epic because they're trying to make money, they deserve to be called out in the most humiliating way possible
>pricing
It's the same on every other website, no one fucking cares

In retrospect, I say this is a shit thread. Sage it, faggot

Attached: NPC.jpg (408x431, 12K)

>Hehehe fuck Borderlands I'm gonna pirate it teheheh
Alright I'll just ban you
>NOOOOOOO YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO THINK I'M COOL! DON'T BAN ME BORDERCHAD AAAAAAAA THIS'LL MAKE YOU LOOK BAD EVEN THOUGH I'M THE ONE ACTING LIKE A CU-CKOLD AAAAAAAAA

Attached: xjip.jpg (701x649, 50K)

This is true, but it's particularly egregious on Epic because they don't absorb any of the fees for international processing like Steam does, so it only compounds the issue for people in certain regions.

Not that it really matters to me because I'm a burgerfat and the world prices everything based around our dollar.

Attached: 1548013712561.jpg (1800x1189, 536K)

Steam is spyware too. The rest are non features. Charging for a download license shouldn't be a thing to begin with. Valve should have been boycotted into bankruptcy after they launched Steam. All digital distribution platform pricing is shit, even $1 is way too much. Games are more expensive than ever because of digital distribution when you take into consideration you don't get a physical copy or manual anymore, dlc and micro transactions exist, only get a download which piracy does for free, games are intentionally released unfinished or unplayable without a patch, etc. It was Valve that popularised the cancer that is digital distribution and the cancers that come with it.
Perfect time to start demanding DRM free physical releases on PC but everyone is too busy praising le gaben
Death to Valve
Death to Epic
Death to GoG
If you pay for digital distribution then you are the cancer that killed gaming.

triggered valvecels

>not a big deal, use twitch
I'm talking about in-home streaming, where you stream games from your PC to another device on your network like a smart TV or a steam link.

Attached: apple bear.png (600x433, 571K)

more people should talk about pirating in their discord just to trigger that tranny mod kek

>It's literally the same as Steam and GOG.
It's not, retard. It's double the price for me.

>Stores doesn't decide the pricetags, publishers do, retard.
Steam automatically suggests regional prices for each pricepoint you pick, you can override it but they highly recommend you don't.
Don't throw "literally" and "thing is this and that" if you don't actually know anything, it just shows you are a blind fanboy, an epicdrone.

Except it's completely wrong.

A very fine thread, fuck Epic Mega Games

(you)

i guess thats the reaon why im paying almost the double

>no community guides
>no workshop
Add 'em

>have to pay full retail price
>everyone outside the US is forced to pay the card transaction fees
>no discounts
>no sales
>dont sell keys to 3rd party retailers (GMG, 2game, fanatical)

How exactly does this benefit me as the consumer?

Joining a discord made by someone who isn't your friend truly is the biggest brainlet filter.

It doesn't. Epic is only trying to appeal to publishers and developers. They don't give a shit about the customer. Tim Sweeney has straight up said that their storefront is focused on publishers first and customers second.

Gabe Newell 纽厄尔加布 Valve Software 阀门软件 Steam 蒸汽 Half-Life
半衰期 Gordon Freeman 弗里曼戈登 1998 Black Mesa Incident 1998年黑色台面事件 Seven Hour War 七小时的战争 Resistance 抵抗性 Red Letter Day 大喜的日子 City 17 uprising 城市17起义 Lambda 拉姆达 Index 指数

Steamfags totally BTFO
PC is dead, pirate everything or you're a bugman.

Attached: DtF5jtsX4AAhlCv(1).jpg (1200x900, 137K)

Yikes this is one epic shill right here

I look at profiles when I play with people and also use the built in streaming feature to watch my friends. The pricing also blows because you can’t buy cheaper keys elsewhere. Fuck off chinaman.

>no unnecessary bloat
You've just made a point for them steamdrone.

>says sage
>provides his opinion

Attached: 1553082951476.png (211x244, 72K)

Attached: 1989.jpg (1024x429, 80K)

the steambabs tears are delicious

Attached: 1553511889425.jpg (371x331, 37K)

dont forget about
>always online

Digital distribution saved my country from 100% piracy with great pricing from Valve, go fuck yourself.

Since your bugman mind can't comprehend this post then I'll say it again.
PC Gaming is fucking dead. Epic is run by chinks, chinks have their grubby hands in Steam now.
Pirate all games on PC or you're a fucking bugman.

t. im sweeney

>s-s-s-steam isnt run by chinks
Today, i will remind them

Attached: 3l1hewtjsi321.png (256x144, 82K)

Are you retarded? Dota 2 is very popular in China and Steam has to team up with local companies to make business in China since the government requires it, chinks have nothing to do with Steam itself, and I have a suspicion that you do know this and is just trying to spread misinfo to make your chinkstore look less bad.

it isn't though?

>sabotaging your own artistic integrity and player base just to appease the chinks "SKELETONS AND GHOSTS ARE TOO SPOOKY" policy globally
Yeah you're totally right, they dont make decisions at all to appease the chinese

That's a decent cope for having less features. It's not bloat when none if it is forced on you, and much of it is actually useful.

who cares? i would buy a game from the Epic Mega Store if they actually came out without something worth buying. Like something as good as UT2k4.

Dota 2 has its own set of censorship for the Perfect World version but the proper one is uncensored, you could argue that SK changing into a wraith is because of china but he was already censored in the PW version, it's just a redesign and you are dumb.

>proper one is uncensored
>still no skeleton king
Skeleton King was in the fucking game before the chinks threw a hissy fit, he was nuked exclusively to appease their chinese masters and was never changed back.

Its a fucking garbage redesign that nobody but the chinks wanted, fuck chinks fuck valve and fuck you.

>the chinks threw a hissy fit
Source?

>he was nuked exclusively to appease their chinese masters
Source? What I actually heard is that it's because of copyright issues with Blizz.

it was because of blizzard not chinks you absolute retard, clinkz is still in the game

not sure this was actually about the chinese. steam made some other changes to the character models around the same time, skeleton king was just the most pronounced.
my guess is it had to do with blizzard threatening to file an IP claim.

>EGS: can set different store prices
>Steam: setting different store prices gets your game banned
Fuck steam

>other skeletons like pugna and clinkz are still in the game
>one of them is changed because whatever
>OMGGGGGGGG CHINKSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
retard

Imagine being so retarded that you see pirating being bad. Fucking buyfags are dumb

>correcting lies means you must be a buyfag
ok tim

>w-well if they won't buy on Epic (TM) I hope they pirate

>hurr it was blizzard
>hurr clinkz is still in the game
By your retarded logic, it wasnt Blizzard because Drow, Axe, Timbersaw, Kunkka, Luna, Natures Prophet, Enchantress, Crystal Maiden and Windranger werent changed

Keep defending your chink overlords, Clinkz doesnt need to be changed because he's not a full skeleton in the model and the actual Skeleton related minions were already changed in the chink low-violence version.

> actual Skeleton related minions were already changed in the chink low-violence version.
Exactly, SK was changed in the chink version too so why would they redesign the hero because of chinks? Leoric is a big character in Warcraft and his official title is Skeleton King.
Hell, Wraith King even has fucking skeleton summons so that's obviously not the problem.

Honestly the only they have that I want is the new Supergiant game Hades when that comes out of early access, seriously considering just pirating it and finding some way to donate the cost of the game to Supergiant so that I never have to install this shit.

Uhg, no?

Schizophrenia

>SK was changed in the chink version too
Because the low violence chink version of SK looked gimped so it was either play as something that spooks you too hard to play something lthat looks like shit and instead of fixing it for one they scrapped it for both
>Hurr leoric is the skeleton king
Leoric is a fucking diablo character, and you know what they did to get around that? They called him Ostarion, because the only think Blizzard would have had was the name.

Attached: LV-SK-prev.jpg?version=74a1d3941fbd691482a96577cb25d811.jpg (600x591, 295K)

Except that looks just like all the other censored skeletons, they just add a mask and hide the ribcage and it looks cool.
Why are you so hellbent on thinking it was the chinks when all the evidence points to the contrary and it falls apart when you think about it even for a second? Why are the other skeletons still in the game?

fuck you nigger. The Epic Store is epic and god for the consumer.

>6 fucking years later and this one guy is still crying about wraith king
just let go already, I doubt you even still play dota

>when all the evidence
>HURR LEORIC
Thats literally all you have and its fucking retarded

What's the refund policy?

Nope, read all the other posts mentioning how other skeletons are in the game (and SK was there for a long time even after the PW release), what is most likely is that they wanted to avoid copyright troubles with Blizz since they were releasing their own ASSFAGGOTS with a character named Skeleton King.

What makes you think chinks had anything to do with it when other skeletons are still in the game? It simply makes no logical sense and you refusing to accept this is a sign of mental illness or pure dishonesty from a shill.

In retrospect, we can say that this guy right here is an insect shill and that all epic shill thread should be purged and their posters, banned

>he goes in for HURR LEORIC for a second time
Again, retard
Drow, Axe, Timbersaw, Kunkka, Luna, Natures Prophet, Enchantress, Crystal Maiden and Windranger werent changed
>B-B-BUT OTHER SKELETONS?!?!
Clinkz was always set to low-violence mode
Other skeletons were always set to low-violence mode
They were set to low-violence because THEY HAD ALREADY BEEN IN THE GAME FOR MONTHS/SINCE LAUNCH
SK was the exception and the chinks had a fucking hissyfit as they do with every other game that features skeletons

>every other website takes your private information
Do you understand the difference between a website and locally installed software?

>Clinkz was always set to low-violence mode
>Other skeletons were always set to low-violence mode
Exactly, SK too so what does WK have anything to do with china if the censorship was enough?

>SK was the exception
Why do you think it was the exception?

>the chinks had a fucking hissyfit
There's no evidence of this actually happening, you are just spewing utter delusion.
PW tells Valve what should be censored in the chink version and that's it, you could argue that it's cucky but the alternative would be not releasing the game in china at all and they did release even with SK in the game so your theory makes no sense, you are delusional.

Name one (1) (ein) (uno) good game on epic. I’ll wait.

>3799 rubels for Control
>3499 for Control on PS4
>Any newest AAA game in steam costs 2k
>Detroit is 6k rubels
You can suck a fat cock retard

I know they do this because they’re hoping publishers will price cheaper on EGS because “lower cut lolol” but why would you actually do it?
>release game on Steam and Epic Store
>charge $15 more on Epic store
>people dumb enough to shop on Epic Store will pay it because they can’t comparison shop for a better price and they only have like 5 games to choose from anyway

ok
That's Epic

You don’t need to donate, Tim Sweeney graciously paid the devs $1 million to cover your copy of the game

Why do the EGS supporters only criticize things that Steam has/does and not ever explain why EGS is better for consumers?

Jesus fucking Christ shut the fuck up about this shit and stop making these godamn fucking threads. You're cluttering the board, and that's saying a lot considering 3/4 of Yea Forums is shitposting. Fuck.

Because it isn’t. Come on, user, you know the answer to that question.

There’s no good reason to use Epic’s shit launcher, so they’re bribing devs to put games on it, and shit-talking the competition in the hopes that you’ll be willing to use their shitty software instead of just not playing those games.

It isn’t working, but it’s their plan.

What? I don't get it.

They literally literally have nothing good about their service. They only have bought exclusives. THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE THEIR OWN EXCLUSIVES HAHAHAHA

>Hehehe fuck Borderlands I'm gonna pirate it teheheh
Alright I'll just ban you
>NOOOOOOOOO YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO THINK I'M COOL! DON'T BAN ME BORDERCHAD AAAAAAAAAAA THIS'LL MAKE YOU LOOK BAD EVEN THOUGH I'M THE ONE ACTING LIKE A CU-CKOLD AAAAAAAAA

Attached: eu3i.png (701x649, 23K)

New but I'll spoonfeed anyway. There's a meme about Epic being owned by Tencent, a Chinese company. The things in that text will get a Chinese person's internet banned by their government. It's a stupid fucking meme, so you should just ignore it.

Oh wait, disregard, I didn't even read it. It's some new variation on the meme, apparently. The original meme has actual shit that will get Chinese people blocked.

I was being ironic, because adding half life and Freeman to that pasta makes no sense.

How is a meme when they literally own the company?

>some random faggot from some unknown discord
now this is EPIC

ahahaa

Because it doesn't add anything to the discussion and dumb fuckers post it in a pathetic attempt to be funny. Which of course it isn't.

I've seen a variant saying all the shady shit the US has done.

>implying that will get anyone arrested

Noone is saying that the Epic Games Store is better than steam. I just don't know why y'all feel like every game ABSOLUTELY has to be on steam. It's called the free market dumbasses. It's not like a console exclusive where you have to go out and buy a new system. It's a short download. Get a grip on reality and start worrying about real problems.

If ever the words "cringe and bluepilled" applied to a post, its this one.

>Funny
The hope is that the confirmed chinks that are spamming here get v&

Restricting where a product is sold is the opposite of a free market you fucking idiot.

You're gonna get vanned on china if you are a chink spamming the pasta, it's literally a list of banned words.

The only thing that I miss are steam's brand of achievements and cards, i would prefer to own something in steam just for that, other than that epic is giving away good games every two weeks so it's not that bad. For whatever reason they fucked around with pre-purchases but pre-purchases are moronic shit in the first place so why should I care? Lack of review can be an issue but it's not like something that is "very positive" in steam has a 100% guarantee to be amazing. Stealing steam information isn't cool but if I was in a situation to care for shit like that I wouldn't be playing games in the first place.

Overall situation will be cancerous when 5-10 more publishers will decide to go with their own launcher but by that point their is bound to be some kind of product that will basically be a "launcher to incorporate other launchers". And the whole situation gives a possibility that steam will be forced to come up with something really valuable which is a plus

>no cloud saves
this is the big one for me

This is a board about video games, you retard
also, this isn't even the first time games have been exclusive to a different PC store front, you're just either actually underaged or just a mouth-breathing retarded chink trying to sell his shitty store

>The bugman said "y'all" thinking people will think he's southern
Kek

reviews, forums and groups are problematic for devs who release unpolished trash full of predatory monetization systems

Game prices have stayed at 60 dollars for ages. They haven't gone up because of inflation. Buying DLC might feel bad but you're actually spending around the same amount as in the past.

that was because of blizzard suing them for copyright inbred mongoloid

Good job, user, you're really making a difference. All it does is amount to shitposting. I don't care either way, they're all free platforms and I don't care where my games come from. That said, I see more threads complaining about Epic than I do the other way around. All you store warring motherfucks are cluttering the board, but Steam fans seem to do it the most.

A firm is allowed to sell products where they want. If I think that I'll get a better deal by selling something exclusively through one method of distribution then I have the right to do that. It encourages competition.

>Windranger werent changed
ahem

>>No cloud saves
Hahahahahah are you serious? I never even really looked into the Epic store but why the fuck would I even play a game there if they don't have such a basic feature

A developer can implement cloud saves on their own. Steam has an API for it, but all a dev needs to do is own a server and direct its users' saves to it. As long as you have a server this is an easy fucking thing to do on your own.

>a site run entirely by bugmen chinkoids
>bad
Big brain post right here

sure, but steam makes that easier and so devs are encouraged to do it
but with epic? ahhh who cares!

>It encourages competition.
Limiting consumer choice is literally called a monopoly, retard. And it hurts smaller stores far more than it hurts Steam which will lead to a worse market for everyone.

linfo.org/monopoly_predatory_tactics.html

It is not a hard thing to do. And even on Steam and other platforms there are tons of games that don't implement it.

Oh shit nigger, you're the fag that claims he doesn't care but then says the games shouldn't be on steam. Why haven't you killed yourself yet you shit shill? You're in every fucking thread.

Imagine being mad that people don't like the same service you do

>all a dev needs to do is own a server
I don't think you understand this extremely important point here, no dev owns a server just for cloud saves and it's extremely moronic and inefficient to have cloud save servers for each game.

Nigger, are you serious?
There's like 5-10 threads up every hour about how Epic exclusivity is good, 3 of them usually making the first page
What fucking retarded ass clown world you on?
>motherfuck
Chink bitch

>I don't care
>THIS DISCUSSION IS NOT PERFECTLY BALANCED I DON'T LIKE THIS HOW DARE PEOPLE COMPLAIN MORE ABOUT THE ANTI-CONSUMER STORE DIRECTLY MAKING THEIR LOVES WORSE RATHER THAN OTHER STORES THAT AREN'T PARTICULARLY CANCEROUS

To elaborate, it's as simple as commanding the program to not just save to C:\game\saves but also ftp(or whatever)://game/saves

It's embarrassing, really. I'm all good with market disruption, but I think Epic forgot you actually have to have something to offer over your competitors to disrupt an industry.

I installed this shit on my Mac how do I get The Witness for free?

There is also authentication. They need to use the AD or ldap they have for the client to authenticate the program doing the save.

But I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing three threads about this horseshit on the front page. I don't take sides, I don't care. I'm just saying that to me I feel like I see more threads complaining about Epic. I don't give a fuck. At this point I'd rather have pepes and wojacks back because at least those fuckers are clearly trolling, whereas you fucks think you're actually making a difference. Also typing in all caps makes you look autistic.

Okay so they authenticate via encryption using the epic account or whatever it is. They would have to do the same on Steam. Save for the issue of owning or renting a server, this is not a hard thing for a competent dev to do. This is why I hate talking about technical shit on Yea Forums because you assholes are stupid but you think you know everything, when in reality you just want to bitch about shit you don't know anything about.

You clearly do care about it if you are blaming "steam fans" for Epic removing games from all stores (and not just steam).
It's like saying you don't care about WHIRRRposting but then crying about sony being gay and saying that nintendo is better, it makes no sense since you clearly have a stake in the consolewar.

>thinks that prices naturally proportionate outside of the U.S.

Attached: 1502470220396.png (688x369, 32K)

>I don't care
Nigger I already called you out. You do care and you post this in every fucking thread

>you are blaming "steam fans" for Epic removing games from all stores
I never said that. I said that I see more threads complaining about Epic than I do complaining about Steam. That's it. I don't have a preference. I have 200+ games on Steam and one on Epic that I never play. I. Don't. Have. A. Preference.

Again. The only thing I care about is this bullshit cluttering the board. I have never engaged in one of these threads before, I'm just sick of seeing multiple of them on the first fucking page. So whomever you think I am, I'm not. I'm just tired of clicking Hide Thread.

>I never said that.
>but Steam fans seem to do it the most.

>I said that I see more threads complaining about Epic than I do complaining about Steam
Why do you think that is? Could it be because Epic has more reasons to be complained about? Or is it because of "steam fans"?

>I. Don't. Have. A. Preference.
You clearly do, you keep contradicting yourself constantly.

>>No user profiles
you have facebook for this

>>No reviews
metacritic

>>No groups or forums
literally hundreds of forums where you can discuss a game

why you need it in one bloatware software?

Sure, the Epic Store is missing a lot of features that Steam has, and that's worth complaining about. I agree. But do we really need three fucking threads going all at once? I do not have a preference. I see a game I like, I buy it. I don't care where it comes from. Steam. Epic. Origin, shit even UPlay if it comes to it. I don't give a fuck. I just think this is a stupid topic to make a million fucking threads about every fucking day. What is hard to understand about that? Did you gloss over the part where I have 200+ Steam games and only one Epic game that I got before the store was even a thing? Get the fuck out of here you moron. Stop making these fucking threads, whatever side you're on. Console warring is against the rules and I wish the mods would start enforcing that shit for this topic, but they don't even do it for the consoles so fuck it. I just want to talk about video games, not where you get them from.

>I have never engaged in one of these threads before
BULL SHIT. I have responded to you multiple times about you "not caring". Fuck off back to your shitty 30 person apartment room.

you know you can add epic games on steam and then stream all the shit you want

>bloatware software
now you get why people don't want more fucking stores on their pc

Nope?

Attached: 1554349639255.webm (1259x992, 1.85M)

More than one person can have the same opinion, user. I promise you this is the first time I've been in one of these threads. But keep being paranoid and thinking Yea Forums consists of only 50 people.

I wouldn't mind more digital storefronts on PC if they didn't all require their launcher be active while playing.

>I do not have a preference.
Then why are you complaining about threads complaining about Epic but not complaining about Epic ebin troll shill threads that are far more numerous?

>Stop making these fucking threads, whatever side you're on
Learn to read you dumb motherfucker.

I dont give a fuck about the epic game store. My backlog is long enough as it its and most of their exclusives are timed anyway. Ill just wait till they hit steam and if some competition motivates steam to have good sales again then thats great.

steam link works with your desktop. you can use shit like moonlight or a nvidia tv to do it or any number of other solutions.

Chinks are scared of fucking skeletons? Fucking really?

> I see more threads complaining about Epic than I do complaining about Steam
>I'm just saying that to me I feel like I see more threads complaining about Epic.
>I see more threads complaining about Epic than I do the other way around. All you store warring motherfucks are cluttering the board, but Steam fans seem to do it the most.
You seem to notice a lot of anti-Epic threads from what you assume are "steam drones" but you don't seem to notice all the Epic shill threads for some reason, almost like you have a bias of sorts.

reselling and buying used is a thing... except if you're dealing in digital licenses then get fucked stupid faggot you don't own shit

Redditlands 3.

Checkmate, valvecels. Have sex

>No reviews

This is the reason that mediocre devs pick epic's platform, they want the uninformed audience who just don't know any better.

sigh. I do not have a bias. I see those threads too. I simply said I tend to see more threads complaining about Epic. Again. I have a ton of games on Steam and one on Epic that I never play. You keep failing to acknowledge that. I just hate seeing ALL of these fucking threads. Epic>Steam or Steam>Epic. I don't care. There's just too fucking many of them. You're retarded if you think a person that has LITERALLY never used the Epic Store since its inception has a bias towards Epic. That is the definition of retardation. So you're either extremely stupid, or you're trolling me. Either way you aren't worth talking to anymore.

Nah nigger, you type the same way every time especially making sure that we know "you don't care" which services the games are on. I fucking know it's you.

>I never said that. I said that I see more threads complaining about Epic than I do complaining about Steam. That's it. I don't have a preference. I have 200+ games on Steam and one on Epic that I never play. I. Don't. Have. A. Preference.
Maybe that is because Epics bloatware has a lot more issues, valve hate threads just complain about that low quality anime vn that just released and that is because there is barely anything to complain about.

>sigh. I do not have a bias.
Yeah you do, now make like a tree and get out of here instead of whining about steam, shill.

Sorry, bud. This is my first and last time in one of these cancerous threads. If you can't understand that Yea Forums is not one person and more than one person can share an opinion, you might want to step outside more often. Go to a bar or something, shit.

fuck off dork

Attached: 4238-432492.jpg (450x343, 32K)

at what point does the war with china start

The reviews, profiles, groups, and forums are all web hosted and they don't force you to use them at all. Calling them bloat is kind of stupid. It's not like it's taking up any of YOUR resources to have that stuff there.

But go ahead and cope with having less features than Steam. I'm sure Chang will update the client to have some of those features eventually!

Why would they change those other characters retard? They are all fairly different from the WC3 characters. The only one that could have caused problems was Windrunner, and what do ya know! She was changed.

So I can have two launchers to do something that could be accomplished by having only one? Sounds great, sign me up!

i legitimately do not understand why people actually use launchers are all, much less why having more of them, when there's no need to use them, is a problem
just use explorer/cmd.exe/powershell
why do you need a launcher

i get complaining about annoying bloatware but this isn't that it's launcherfaggotry

Well we wouldn't have to use launchers at all if it weren't for DRM. I HAVE to have the Steam client installed on my PC and have it actively running to play my games. Same with the Epic store.

It kinda sucks, but it's a compromise we already made to try and make digital distribution a little more appealing to publishers and developers.

If I could just install my games without Steam/Epic/Origin/uPlay etc. on my machine I absolutely would. But that isn't really an option.

you don't need two launchers you can just use whatever for streaming and do literally anything you can on your desktop once it's set up. you don't need to be married to one store or another in order to stream games

oh i see, it's semantics
you confused me
you are actually complaining about bloatware
technically speaking the launcher and the authentication daemon used for DRM running in the background aren't the same thing