So is it your GOTY?

So is it your GOTY?

Attached: sekiro.jpg (460x215, 33K)

Why can’t people check the catalog before posting the same thread again and again?

I surprisingly liked DMC V better, even if Sekiro was THE game I was waiting for.

DMC5 and Sekiro are both my GOTY

No. This game isn't that enjoyable to play. It's a game you play solely to prove to yourself that you can beat the bosses, not from it actually being fun to play. I had a better time with Ace Combat 7. A game that was also a bit difficult but was immensely more fun to experiment with and getting good at.

Show me on the doll where Ogre hurt you.

I don't know user, is it YOUR GOTY?

You couldn’t be more wrong. The fights in Sekiro are both memorable and insanely fun, some of the most fun of any game I’ve ever played.

No, beat it one good time and might not play it again for a very long time.

Games dying fast

The Ogre is when you start to realize how linear the combat is. Everything has a clear rock-paper-scissors dynamic which makes it very linear to play and in turn also boring. Enemy doing red sweep attack? If you're not jumping, you're doing everything wrong. Enemy doing forward lunge? Anything but dash forward is going to royally fuck you over. So basically it becomes a game of rock paper scissors.

There was definitely more dynamic conditions in Soulsborne games. Despite the latter being less combat-centric than Sekiro.

SP games don't die, retard.

No, RE2make is.

>gam 2 hard shit sucks!
Ok, sweetie. Git gud.

I disagree with you but understand your position.

I like the game but I agree. The prosthetic weapons add a touch of dynamism to combat but even then they're incredibly situational and lack the universal utility of something like a shield or even a Bloodborne gun. Unless you're using stealth every fight ends up playing similarly.

easy GOTY in my book, 40-50h of challenge and adventure, an instant classic

FUCK CASUALS
FUCK NORMALFAGS
FUCK WESTERN DEVELOPERS

Attached: 1553239806911.jpg (800x418, 33K)

I enjoyed what it gave me and I'm glad I played it. But I felt really empty after completing the game, there's nothing to do. I ran through it a couple more times to get the Platinum, got upto Playthrough 5 and right now I'm doing a 'No Kuro Charm run' on a fresh save but I honestly can't be assed. I'm hoping they add new content and if they do I believe that it'll bring me back for perhaps another week of playtime at least.

It's good but any game released in 2019 has the unfortunate timing of being released in the same year as Kingdom Hearts III, so maybe GOTY if you exclude the only true GOTY

Nah, I legit hate it. Its everything tryhard about Souls games condensed into one experience.

Fuck off with making me waste time having to parry trash mobs. Fuck off with enemies regenerating health if you disengage for 2 seconds. Fuck off with stealth in general.

Attached: fdsfdsa.gif (244x244, 1021K)

Someone will fall for this

>piddly damage
>max emblems is like 18-20 and most tools use 2

it's so weak, why did they even bother when they only feel useful when you're using the one that's the boss's weakness

it has okay combat but holy shit everything else sucks, from the boring as fuck grappling hook to the retarded stealth to shitty pointless mechanics like the unseen aid

Goty has no merit or meaning outside of tricking retards into buying a game by writing it in your advertisements.

Too early to tell but so far yes. The last game i had so much fun with was Nier. I've yet to play RE2, but i doubt ill enjoy it more than Sekiro

reminder if you didn't play on the hardest difficulty, then you did not play the way the developers intended

with my busy life it's probably my only game of the year

Attached: 1554349579346.gif (372x200, 1.32M)

Of course

It's not GOTY for me but I'm enjoying it. Trying to play blind and I have to keep reminding myself not to play it like a Souls game but as a stealth game instead.

yes it is

No. DMC V is. I had a blast playing that game all the way through and smiling the entire time. Something that I wish MGSV could've done.

It's my MOTY 2019. Most disappointing game Of The Year

>I have to keep reminding myself not to play it like a Souls game but as a stealth game instead.
>sekiro
>stealth game

Attached: ryan gosling reaction image.jpg (219x352, 66K)

>Enemy doing red sweep attack? If you're not jumping, you're doing everything wrong.
Well, except for all the times where a dodge counter works just fine against most sweeps, too. You can often interrupt them with a good whack of your sword. Looks like you didn't get to experiment much with the game.

The Ogre isn't the best enemy in the game, though, because it will mostly insta-grab you and toss you around unless you run circles around it and bait his attacks. Sekiro's early game is actually its weakest part because it's overly punishing due to your lack of resources, so you might wanna push ahead before writing the game off.

not even close thats either remake 2 or dmc v

This.

Umm, dude. Have you played sekiro?

So far yes. I doubt anything dethrones it either since 2019 is looking weak aside from Sekiro

Its a stealth-action game, you dunce.

the stealth is shit and clearly not the focus given the vast majority of bosses don't involve the mechanics

Doesn't change the fact that its there. Its a stealth/action game.

>clearly not the focus
Yeah, unfortunately the focus is the boring-ass combat.

Nah.
DMCV was better and Sekiro is okay but worse than Souls and Bloodborne.

My GOTY will probably be Mario maker 2, fucking hype as shit

I'm at Sword Saint. His forward lunge is death sentence if you do anything but a forward lunge aswell. His red sweeps are death if you don't jump. His close up attacks are death if you don't parry.

I just don't think it makes for a fun combat. Wolf should've been more agile with more moves. They should've overhauled prosthetics into not being consumables but an actual integral part of the combat, sort of as a secondary weapon. The combat should be more than just RED FLASH DO THIS NOW.

I also don't think the criticism against Ogre is unvalid. Because the game goes out of its way to punish any type of tactic that isn't strictly what it wants you to play. Even if you're visibly out of range from the Ogre's grab. This type of frustration follows you throughout the game. And it's most prevalent against the Guardian Ape where you simply need to trial and error your way into learning what moves the game rewards and what it punishes. It's not even intuitive like in Soulsborne games.

It's definitely mkne so far. Though, I do wonder what it will be like to replay it.

Also, fuck the owl.

Dmc5 was boring

Sword Saint is a special case since he has hyper armor on his attacks and everything he does has fuckhuge reach on the spear phase. It's no wonder that many people actually dislike this boss fight.

DMC is trash. Sekiro is GOTY. IF you liked DMC you're a pleb and a zoomer or manchild boomer, lol

For you.

For me, Sekiro is boring.

Lmao nincel

no but it's pretty good

sword saint is a great final boss imo, atleast as far as melee combat is concerned since he has attacks to test most of the tactics that you should have learned throughout the game, again, sword tactics. prosthetics in this game suck ass and are very situational

>played Sekiro and DMCV
>somehow nintendo fan just because I also like a game on the switch

autism

No, I rate it 7.5/10

Still 3/4th of the year left my dudes.

Fuck off retards. Anthem is probably the best game that came out since nuGoW

DMC5 and Sekiro are the best games of 2019, if you disagree then you are a faggot.

GOTYAY

What else is there? The line-up for the rest of 2019 looks dreadful. This year peaked extremely early.

Attached: Arsenal_Bird_Battle.jpg (1920x1080, 340K)

I hope not. It's 2019's best game yet but it was disappointing, I hope something better comes out.

There won't. Rest of 2019 looks dreadful. This is it.

Borderlands 3 baby
it's gonna be EPIC

>2 linear!!!!!
>not just rolling and doing two attacks after dodge rolling like every single fromsoft game released in the last decade.

I'm sorry buddy sekiro objectively has the most variation in the combat system.

Attached: ff.jpg (474x266, 34K)

Lmao at all the contrarians “I liked it but no” get a fucking life people

Animal Crossing, Pokémon, Mario Maker 2, Astral Chain, Fire Emblem, Mortal Kombat 11, Team Sonic Racing, Crash Team Racing Nitro, Borderlands 3

This. Honestly what else is coming out to even be excited for? Im thinking this year is gonna be a good time to play all the ps3 games and snes games I missed.

Sorry I don't care about the kiddy bing bing shit.

What else?

it is extremely unlikely for Silksong not to be my GOTY

JUST

What's contrarian about saying you enjoyed the game and thought it was good but that it probably won't be your personal GOTY?

Holy shit. None of that looks exciting at all.

Lmao
(You)

From what I played so far, yeah
Sekiro > RE2 > KH3
But I liked all 3.

It's okay if you have bad taste

borderlands 3 might be a good game but it won't be goty, the rest has no shot against a game like Sekiro

I'm pretty certain I'm going to enjoy Code Vein's edgelordblooddarkscythevamp stuff more. Ironically.

Attached: DzVxQq_XQAEpIa1.jpg (900x943, 252K)

Well Sekiro was a 7/10 and I foresee many of those being better than that, so

>Enemy doing red sweep attack? If you're not jumping, you're doing everything wrong. Enemy doing forward lunge? Anything but dash forward is going to royally fuck you over.
So you didn't play it. Good to know.

Kingdom Hearts 3 but it's still only the first quarter so I can't give my final answer yet

If you're gonna lie at least try

Attached: Sekiro-meta.png (641x222, 58K)

so far definitely
the year isnt even half way through so something better might turn up, but i doubt it

Because of this a lot of the boss fights feel like playing a rhythm game level, which can be fun but with that the case the game would be better if they ditched the estus flask for more health and added difficulty options

I'm not talking about Metacritic, else I'd have to say Dark Souls II was the peak of Soulsborne games which would be retarded.
Talking about my rating.

He's right though. If you're not jump stomping people on the head and using the mikiri counter what the fuck are you even doing?

Who cares about your rating? Your taste is shit

right I forgot they hand out goty based on what user thinks

Attached: 1546618462529s.jpg (125x125, 3K)

OP asked if Sekiro was my GOTY, which clearly means it's about one's personal taste :)

Dead game

so far yes, on par with RE2Make and DMC V :)
has been a great year so far

I'm not a filthy nerd, sorry, this is their GOTY

Attached: giphy.gif (410x308, 991K)

>OP asked if Sekiro was my GOTY
Where? He asked if Sekiro was my GOTY, not yours.

Randy pls

That only works for Multiplayer games.

>people already seething that Animal Crossing will absolutely destroy Sekiro in GOTY awards
heh

I love this game but I don't feel any desire to replay it after finishing NG+. The only reason I'd want to replay it is because of DLC down the road, or to use the run/sprint feature which I didn't realize was a thing during both of my playthroughs.

Right now my GOTY is DMC5. It just did so much right and I can replay it pretty much endlessly thanks to BP and Warmup.

NOOOOOOO you're not allowed to think anything other than Sekiro is GOTY NOOOOO!

Please, 2019 has been great so far with lots of GOTY candidates. If someone picked Sekiro over DMC5 or fucking Baba is You over both I wouldn't bat an eye, it all comes down to personal preference when all these games are objectively high-tier.

There is nothin fun at all at the fights.

Git gud

>no stat builds, no variety of weapons and magic, so no replay value
>set main character, yet he doesn't have an interesting personality to be memorable
>besides the bosses, the game is quite easy when compared to the previous soulsborne titles
Played it once, had fun, was enough.

DMCV>RE2>Sekiro
So far it's a great year for video games.
Sekiro had so much potential but it's really flawed.
I honestly don't know why people shit on so many things about DS2, but those same flaws get a free pass with this game.

It's great but it's no Baba Is You

Sekiro and Underrail expansion are all I want this year. And maybe classic wow.