*head explodes*

*head explodes*

Attached: 96115ad3e9668f9db12602c9927975cc.jpg (1920x1080, 205K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LaM9YRUsDXs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>muhhh interconnected world!
>then this
ds1 fags on fucking suicide watch

WHY DO THE OYSTERS HAVE LEGS

one area versus an entire game of nonsense. kys DaS2 contrarian

One of the coolest fucking zones in game history. You've been going lower and lower leading up to it wondering when you'll reach the bottom of the world, but when you hit here, you KNOW you've reached it.

18 year olds nostalgia cope

Attached: 1554231390050.jpg (563x503, 21K)

I'm 30.

How else would they chase you?

Imagine being so dumb you don't understand what this is

*gets the dank reference*

Attached: nausicaa.jpg (1906x3645, 1.85M)

What's the exact problem about Ash Lake?

Autism.

What is this?

Yeah, it was an awesome moment. It's a shame many people missed it as it's a completely optional area hidden behind two fake walls

Ur mum

Amazing area that was amazingly wasted. Going down that fucking tree was worth it for the sight alone though

HAAAAAAAAAAAAH
*bell rings*
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

youtube.com/watch?v=LaM9YRUsDXs
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Each tree leads to a different universe. There is a tree for Yharnam and Ashina.

People usually see the soapstones so hopefully they don't miss it. Although I think it's kind of the point that it's so hidden away. It's a moment of discovery.

>replaying Dark Souls
>fight hydra
>accidentally fall down in deep water and die
>camera pans to the hydra's body in the water
>mfw
Hydra is so fucking horrifying holy shit

Attached: 1553198103132.png (695x564, 218K)

Whoa dude....

Brainlet

Each tree is a "world tree". The entire world of dark souls is only one of these.

>I'll say "whoa dude..." ironically to make it sound less cool!
Go back to playing fortnite or apex or some other soulless shit, zoomer

So it's as realistic as dark souls 2 world. What's the problem with dark souls 2?

what'd you say cunt

Attached: 1381221265984.jpg (669x574, 101K)

No, they're the roots of the world. They're too small and too close to each other to be seperate worlds.

thanks for reminding me that we'll never get a Nausicaa game

You can see ash lake from other areas in the game.

Attached: 1463125400103.jpg (1920x1080, 265K)

How would a Nausicaa game work? would you play as Nausicaa flying around on her glider?

Btfo

>Roots of the world
And you're concerned about them being too close together? Gee, that'd be so unrealistic

The world is still interconnected. If you're complaining about it not being "realistic", it's still consistent with the game's lore.
Those are the world trees, the clouds up there are what Lordran's built on.
The problem with Dark Souls 2 is that even in context, some things don't make sense. The Earthen Peak elevator is SUPPOSED to lead up into the mountains behind it, but the devs put them too far away, so it just leads up into the sky. From Majula, you can see Heide's Tower far off in the distance, but the process of actually getting there is super short. The time traveled from Majula to Heide's Tower doesn't reflect how far off in the distance it is.
In Dark Souls 1, FROM took extreme care with area placement, and tried to make the world into a place which hypothetically could exist. Everything is where it's supposed to be.
If one were to make a diorama of Lordran from Dark Souls 1, it would look exactly the same as it does in the game. If one were to make a diorama of Drangleic, the mountains and Heide's Tower wouldn't be able to be in the same places as they are in the game, because when you take the Earthen Peak elevator up into the mountains in the distance, you are essentially teleported into a whole new area, because the elevator PHYSICALLY cannot lead to where those mountains are.
See what I'm getting at?

>See what I'm getting at?
ye you have stockholm syndrome

What the fuck does that even mean
I'm not hand-waving away problems. Dark Souls 1 and 2 have legitimate differences in their world structure.

No idea but it'd probably be ambitious to get the world right. I guess it could be the usual story-driven open world RPG with gliding. Personally I'd enjoy it more with a Stalker-like angle, scavenging, exploration of ruins and weird flora and fauna.

Attached: tngfYYK.jpg (976x1334, 328K)

nice game theory, autist

Attached: 1525296977541.png (444x440, 213K)

He's wrong, but he's not far off

>and then the music kicks in
Why don't more games do this? Add in a mind-blowing secret place or thing for players to find that completely flips the structure of the world on its head. The area is short, doesn't have that much going on in it, but it's SUCH an incredible moment, meanwhile Dark Souls 2 and 3 and Sekiro (and maybe Bloodborne even?) have nothing that even compare to the level of subverted expectations that Ash Lake brings.
I remember the disappointment in Dark Souls 3 when I realized I could go down the Carthus bridge and thought I was about to find some great mystery, and the area screen pops up and says "Smouldering Lake" and for a moment I think "HOLY FUCK, ASH LAKE IS NOW ON FIRE?" but it wasn't that at all.

Attached: Daughter of Calcium Crablaag.jpg (1280x681, 142K)

w-what did you see user?