How's your gaming PC coming along

How's your gaming PC coming along

Attached: giphy.gif (270x480, 3.33M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/3s6tGG
kickstarter.com/projects/elretron/penna-retro-bluetooth-keyboard-starting-as-low-as
bequiet.com/pl/casefans/717
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

okay this is epic

*burp* morty uh mmm w-we-we're gonna *burp* go to the reddit d-dimension morty

What’s the spinning gren light does it come in other colours?

CPU fan
it's probably RGB so you can set it to whatever you want

morty we gotta ruin the catalog morty

What’s a cpu fan
Is it like a regular fan?
Are they expenses?
I really like the spinning colours also the blinking colour on that box next to it is cool to

Attached: zoomer_pc.gif (350x409, 437K)

I just recently upgraded to RGB GPU. Gotta buy a new case next because this one is garbage and doesn't allow for any good cabling so I didn't even bother to try.

Attached: RGB.webm (960x540, 352K)

Ehhh, not like I'll need an upgrade anytime soon. Even my CPU is still going strong despite having it since 2014.

Attached: SPECCY APR '19.jpg (505x477, 51K)

Mine keeps turning on then immediately off then back on after 30 seconds repeatedly. No idea why

I like this

Top kek my Yea Forums brother! Praise kek! XD btw whens our next raid? We sure teach those normies a thing or two according to all the youtube videos I watch about you- I mean us. I'm basically an oldfag.

>2080
>with a non-OC'd i7
>and slowass DDR3 ~2000MHz is fucking slow nowadays
>win10 home to top it off
Any CPU heavy game would bottleneck your system at the CPU. Most likely the RAM bottlenecks it before that.

>doesn't know that X99 is DDR4
That alone makes everything else you are trying to talk about pointless. You have no idea what you're talking about, and clearly a retard.

Attached: 1551845672095.gif (400x471, 289K)

>i'm a retard nignog who has outdated hardware. this guy just tried to help me so i'm gonna call him a retard and live in a bubble!

>tried to help
>doesn't know the difference between DDR4 and DDR3
>doesn't know that DDR4 released exactly with X99
>Windows 10 meme
You aren't helping anyone, you are a literal retarded who probably built his PC from the PCMR group. Neck yourself dipshit.

Attached: 1544507499551.jpg (510x523, 64K)

I legit didn't know ddr4 came in speeds that slow so I assumed it was ddr3.

Bought 2600 for cheap while waiting for 3000. Don't mind the temp, the sensor is fucked. Not pictured several HDDs that I'm too lazy to reactivate in windows

Attached: 2019-04-04 16_06_41-Speccy.png (1066x713, 44K)

I've been building my own PCs for the last 18 years or so. I pointed out some glaring flaws in his build. If the board supports DDR4 then there's literally no excuse not to upgrade to faster ones except for the price but since he can afford a 2080 thats obviously not an issue. Also I don't know how that particular CPU OC's but having a K model and not OCing it is a waste.

Pretty good

Attached: XpPBbqo.jpg (1560x878, 290K)

>I didn't know what that CPU was
Is more like it. Simply knowing that CPU would tell you what memory it used. Also

>glaring flaws
That PC was building in September of 2014 with the only upgrade being the GPU... There is no need to do a full system upgrade when even the best newest cpus only put out a 50% increase in performance. At the time of launch DDR4 2133 was already 500 dollars for 32GB, Upping to 3300 changed that price to nearly 900 dollars. All for a measly 1-5% increase in framerate on CPU intensive games.

For 18 years of building PCs you are a literal dumbass.

Attached: Benchmark 2-10-15.jpg (1984x768, 234K)

Never made one before, but planning to since the nature of my job requires one. I want to use it for entertainment and Vidya, but I need stronger parts to make sure my digital drawing and animation software runs absolutely smoothly. How does it look so far? Any suggestions?

pcpartpicker.com/list/3s6tGG

>teenagers being retards
stop the fucking presses.

>seagate barracuda
my barracuda died after 7 months

Shit, that's the gayest thing I'll see all year.

Attached: disgust.gif (356x480, 3.1M)

For me, it’s WD.

Do you recommend a different brand?

ditch the harddrive and buy 2 SSDs instead. If you're running animation software having 1 SSD fully dedicated to reading and 1 to writing goes a long way

the shortest lifespan i got out of a WD was 5 years, and I've come to own something like a dozen or so now. It's unreal how durable those things are.

Just bought parts for new one.

Ryzen 5 2600
RTX 2060 (from previous RX 580- +45% power)
16gigs ddr4 3000MHz
600W bronze+ psu
MSI B450-A Pro

Attached: 1493636432207.gif (360x270, 2.27M)

everything but seagate

Have you built a pc? All cpu's come with their own fan. You put it right on top of the cpu.

sorry ment rx 480

you just gave a (You) to a obvious troll.

get an SSD

Why is that? Does the same apply to using 3D rendering software?

Pretty good.
Thinking about getting a new monitor.

Attached: guts_new.jpg (2592x1944, 1.57M)

my 10 year WD is still working

wtf are you guys doing to your HDD's?

Same here, my 10 years old 1TB Seagate drive still works fine.

It's fucking dying and I don't have the money to get another one. End me

should have waited until new ryzens comes out on june

>Simply knowing that CPU would tell you what memory it used
I don't pay attention to every single change in each new gen of hardware. The system I built that was closest to yours had a 6600k in it and before that I had a couple gens older one which still used DDR3. The exact gen of the change is irrelevant to me if I didn't have a system that was on the edge.

>only put out a 50% increase in performance
You're talking like that's nothing. It's massive. On top of the higher single core speeds the added cores and threads make a huge difference in titles that are multithreaded well.

>All for a measly 1-5% increase in framerate on CPU intensive games.
I guess it doesn't matter if you don't play actually CPU intensive games.

Also right now you can get 32GB of 3000< ddr4 for like $200.

it's weird how many people have 16 gigs of DDR4 at 3000MHz.
Corsair Vengeance 2x8 Black?

Ikr, they're the nokia of hard drives.

Attached: 16876876876876.jpg (620x663, 89K)

>those mega fans
just buy a watercooler

I had one die fairly quickly too but the one I got as replacement has been with me for like over 10 years now.

Yes, they were ~84€ back in 2016.

trade BJ's for 2nd hands PCs user

No, that's zoomer technology.

I've been on a laptop for like 8 months I don't wanna wait.

Also- prolly new Ryzens3 will be on AM4 right? So no trouble in upgrading.

y-yes

Attached: 1446505318435.jpg (678x1000, 81K)

MMMORTY MORTY *BURP* LISTEN TO ME MORTY GOD IS NOT REAL RACEMIXING IS THE FUTURE *BUUURP*

>right now you can get 32GB for 3000
I know I can, and I've seen the benchmark differences. It's not worth 200 bucks for me to go from 90 fps in the most visually demanding game I have right now. to 100fps. There's a reason I bought the 5820k and not the 5960x, And why I bought a 1070 vs a 1080, and now a 2080 vs a 2080ti. Because I go for the best performance/price ratio within in given budget.

I don't give a fuck about min/maxing. Maybe one day when CPU's are twice as powerful as my current one, I'll see a need to upgrade. until them, 50% increase in performance is not very large, when it transitions to closer to 15-35% real world performance differences.

>"my console/computer stopped working! Hunk of junk!"

Attached: 9wFz851.jpg (600x315, 50K)

using 2 SSDs for anything is a performance boost. Have 1 SSD running OS and software and 1 just for writing to

I got it all made at Christmas this year.
The ram is 3200 and the CPU is overclocked to 4.3 Ghz

Attached: PC specs.png (838x498, 36K)

It died. Doesn't matter, I can rebuild it. We have the technology.

any news if they are releasing APUs on new gen later this month?

>want to get a mechanical keyboard because I do a lot of writing
>they all look like stealth bombers
Help me out here, Yea Forums.

Attached: tumblr_inline_oms61fpqOB1r8ir52_500.png (500x355, 279K)

Which aorus is that? I'm gonna be getting the ultra soon and I like it's featureset and I/O

>4.3
>overclocked
That's barely any better than stock boost.

find ones that doesn't glow

Z370 Gaming 5
I'm never again buying a Gigabyte mobo, this one is pretty trash in every way aside from electrical design.
>BIOS is garbage compared to Asus/Asrock, labels make no sense, LLC is set through a Textbox and a list of values, you have to literally guess what letter corresponds to what LLC level, it's not even in the manual
>retarded ricer plastic under the I/O shroud collides with GPU's, had to remove it, after putting everything in a case already, so board out again
>integrated audio not shielded properly, EMI noise out the ass, hence the soundcard

Hey, if you don't need it then you don't need it. But you could've easily stuck with the 1070 for a gen or two more. In your current system the 2080 is wasted. You don't give a fuck about min maxing so you didn't need the 2080 in the first place.

kickstarter.com/projects/elretron/penna-retro-bluetooth-keyboard-starting-as-low-as

:^)

>AMD
>Autistic cartoon made for autisctic manchildren
Not surprised.

Attached: 745653.jpg (211x212, 11K)

I don't want to push it too far.

the d14 was the greatest buy i've ever had, even at ~1500rpm you can barely hear it, plus the fact that you can take off the fans and clean them thoroughly is great. Too bad there's no compressed air bottles in slavland so i can clean everything else properly

N*GGERS

any reason to pay extra for 'be quiet! PURE WINGS 3' fans over v2?
bequiet.com/pl/casefans/717

Attached: 1465365754565.jpg (604x599, 73K)

Disgusting.

Attached: 1303660618149.jpg (680x622, 72K)

No you did

Oh man, I'm sure missing those extra 10fps.

And a 2080 isn't min/max, it's higher tier sure, but min/max is literally 2080ti, or still trying to SLI. If I wanted to continue to min/max I would have still been doing custom work on my 3x R9 290 setup which had still put out higher scores than my current 2080...

>mobo and gpu came with built in clown light show
>immediately disable both in bios

>x99 mobo
>32 gb memory 1066mhz
>2080
>i7 5820k
So basically you bought a high end workstation mobo bottlenecked by entry level memory bottlenecking an entry level CPU bottlenecking a high end graphics card?

You could of just bought a z370 mobo, i7 8700k and a 2080ti with the additional money you wasted on the mobo and ram sticks instead and have a system that actually made sense.

>he actually wrote 1066
>he doesn't know
This is the literal state of Yea Forums

Attached: 1550946733716.jpg (640x480, 57K)

cheapbros unite! they were the cheapest DDR4 that was better than what i had in my Laptop which had half the RAM. my whole build is relatively cheap compared to others. a bit over 1k total when i built it almost a year ago. probably cheaper now, and even more so once the the Ryzen 3000 series releases, whenever it does.

>This is the literal state of Yea Forums
nu-Yea Forums started around 2015, my fren.

Attached: 1447435088470.jpg (604x402, 61K)

>additional money wasted
You do realize that entire rig was purchased in 2014 right? years ebfore z370 released. Try reading his entire post where he states he purcahsed it in 2014. when X99 and DDR4 released.

get an old beige one from the late 90's off of eBay or Craigslist.

It actually started quite a while before that, it was when we made the shift from reaction to pepe, and PCMR became a literal thing.

aw jeez rick, I thought we were already there

Attached: 1528688161740.jpg (973x973, 119K)

my nigga

Attached: e889876f-df1d-4905-a1bc-df9127fa826c.png (344x426, 314K)

Case lights are lame ricer shit. My case came with LEDs built in and I didn't even plug that shit into my PSU.

Why a roswell case?

Any good recommendations for a good mITX case. I like my Elite 110, but I want a modern case with better support for cooling and storage.

That i7 is top-tier, what the fuck are you talking about.

>tfw I fell for the 8086k meme
I swear one day I'll stop wasting my money on dumb shit.

Attached: d.jpg (663x579, 39K)

That’s even worse.

He could of just built a new PC with the cost of that 2080 alone.

He literally spent money on a meme card and insist on calling everyone else stupid.

>built whole new system for $800 dollars
>ends up being way slower than just upgrading to the 2080
user, just stop.

>when you see Ubuntu and all ingenuity look of the picture disappears

>cherrypicking
T. Self proclaimed performance/cost conscience nerd with 32gb of RAM and Walmart spec-tier parts besides the bottlenecked GPU

L o l

>funko

FUCK YOU

my nigga i got the same sound card

>800 dollars for a card
>only capable of using $400 worth of its performance

>dotards have a rick and morty announcer
Very embarrassing.

A clean layout with clean parts. Good job.

Speccy is retarded when it comes to AMD
When I opened it after getting the CPU I was confused too, thought that I didn't put on enough paste or something then opened Ryzen Master which said 30C .

Attached: speccylol.png (543x353, 24K)

Right....

20% lost, against a brand new CPU on liquid cooling OC'd to 5.6Ghz, and a liquid cooled 2080... Oh man, I'm sure missing out on that huge 50% performance drop you're talking about. Real shame that once the 9700 drops to clock rates it drop to a measly 9% difference.

So to do everything that you suggested, buying an all new cpu/mobo/ram and sticking with the 1070 I had. I'd actually be 45% slower than I am right now framerate wise. What a smart choice you made. OR, I could do what I've done for the last 20 years, and upgrade piece by piece keeping a steady flow of performance without just throwing away entire systems like your generation does.

Attached: sooo much better.jpg (958x1596, 224K)

What the fuck are you on.
That i7 with 32GB of ram can get the maximum from any card.