Does Yea Forums buy Tencent games?

Does Yea Forums buy Tencent games?

Personally I don't want to support scummy companies like Tencent given their involvement in the Epic Games Store, but I see there are a lot of Sekiro threads on Yea Forums.

Attached: Sekiro.jpg (1280x1304, 141K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tencent#Video_games
theverge.com/2018/4/30/17302720/wechat-deleted-messages-china-government-surveillance
wsj.com/articles/chinas-tech-giants-have-a-second-job-helping-the-government-see-everything-1512056284
qz.com/1260192/tencents-blockchain-game-merges-cryptokitties-and-pokemon-go/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Where it is written that sekiro is a tencet game?
It's a From Software ad Activisio game.

Activision is owned by Tencent, just like Epic.

>scummy companies like Tencent
have you even played a game or bought a single product from or invovled in the least way with tecent?

>scummy companies
You mean every single publisher and the vast majority of amount of indie developers/teams in this industry?

Attached: 1405473701998.jpg (501x540, 71K)

Nintendo and From are based.

I played pubg mobile but that's free

Path of Exile is great.

>Does Yea Forums buy games
I hope not, they don't even play them.

>Activision BLIZZARD is owned by Tencent
ftfy

blue collar Amerifats are brainwashed and brain dead

Attached: 1507077056766.jpg (1810x1040, 656K)

>soon you won't be able to buy games whithout supporting tencent because they'll have shares in 90% of the market

Nintendo is as scummy as any other company and From is works for scummy publishers like Sony and Bamco.

Shut up scum

No, have you?

I'm genuinely curious as to why someone would support such a blatantly anti-consumer company as Tencent, and Yea Forums evidently does.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tencent#Video_games
>As of March 2018, Tencent is the largest video game company in the world.[156] Tencent majority-owns game companies Grinding Gear Games (80%),[157] Miniclip (undisclosed majority stake),[158] Riot Games (100%)[159] Epic Games (40%),[160] Activision Blizzard (5%),[161] Ubisoft (5%),[162] and Supercell (84.3%).[163]

despite Yea Forums sperging out about chinks, you pretty much have to give your money to them if you want to play

They are literally the same company

I don't like rewarding cancerous business tactics so I have never and will never use Steam or pay for digital distribution. I started pirating when Steam was accepted.
Valve has done more damage to gaming than any other company. EGS would have never even been attempted if Valve were boycotted into bankruptcy after they launched Steam like they should have been.

How fucking fragmented are Activision and Ubisoft that they can have the highest stake with only 5 percent

you literally with IQ of single digit?

what i was saying is how do you know tencent is anti consumer and scummy if you never ever bought or invovled in anyway with thta company?

you what never mind, any conversation with you will be a waste of time

If Tencent was the only problem with the EGS then i'd be willing to download it, but it's far from the only one.

>company has a publishing arrangement with another company that is partially owned by another company that did something bad
You realize you wouldn't be able to buy anything besides homemade cheese made by a couple of unwashed hippies if you followed rules like this with everything you purchase, right?

Attached: 1529813280847.jpg (480x504, 18K)

Are you not at all familiar with the Epic Store?

Or about the fact that Tencent got caught spying for the Chinese government with WeChat?

Or the fact that Tencent has literally included bitcoin miners in their own "F2P" games?

Is Sekiro even available in the Epic Game Store?

Is that how you justify buying things on the Epic Games Store?

I wholeheartedly applaud your attempt at humor, user. No sarcasm, I genuinely do. This board is filled with retards and shills, but I genuinely chuckled at your joke. Thank you.

tencent owns ~25% of actibliz, of which activision publishing is a subsidiary.

continue on that to pull things out of your arse

I think that's actually Wikipedia being wrong. The source doesn't seem to indicate 5% is a majority stake at all.

Google every single point he listed you'll find it all to be true

>continue on that to pull things out of your arse
I don't lie.

theverge.com/2018/4/30/17302720/wechat-deleted-messages-china-government-surveillance

all of which are rumors burried win typical western rhetorics without any source

tencent doesnt need to be caught spying for cn government, its like saying the pentagon and CIA get hold of the stats or data from Google or Facebook's server

Bitcoin mining in their f2p game, how dense can you be to believe in sht like this?

no wonder shty click bait media or flat earthers flourished in america

How dumb are you?

wsj.com/articles/chinas-tech-giants-have-a-second-job-helping-the-government-see-everything-1512056284

qz.com/1260192/tencents-blockchain-game-merges-cryptokitties-and-pokemon-go/

>Activision is owned by Tencent

What?
That's bullshit user.
Tencent only owns 4.9% of the shares.
Vanguard and Blackrock both own more.

5% isn't the highest stake. Vivendi is the majority shareholder with 52% stake in the company.

poor child,
what i was saying obviously is that its open knowledge china censors things

also you can be sure NSA or some agency in USA has data of you from google or facebook,twitter, etc

nice damage control chang

How much they own is irrelevant, they have members on the board of directors, they have influence, they have control, and every time you purchase a game published by Activision, money flows back to Tencent.

You're literally killing gaming.

thus you dont need source to tell tencent spied on chinese for the cn government

I trust my government to not throw me in a concentration camp because of my religion, I can't say the same for China.

Activision published the game, From Software owns the rights to the franchise.

No I really love Tencent I think they do best games. Sekiro is a good game by Tencent

Activision, and by extension Tencent funded the development and reaped the rewards of it's profits.

You're directly funding and supporting Tencent by buying Sekiro.

based

>qz.com/1260192/tencents-blockchain-game-merges-cryptokitties-and-pokemon-go/

so tencent unveils their latest game with new block chain technology,

and your wonderful reading comprehension leads you to

"tencent is bitcoin mining through their customers in their f2p games"??

Valve already did that, they should have been boycotted into bankruptcy after they launched Steam.

and that means tencent is scummy and anti consumer how??

you do have the attention span to keep hold of and focus on the things being discussed here?

No, why would it be?

Tencent own an interest in Sekiro through a completely different company. But that doesnt mean they will force From (and they cant anyway) to release it on Epic.

Can't wait for Tencent's Dark Souls 4 and Bloodborne 2

>and that means tencent is scummy and anti consumer how??
Tencent literally facilitates the Chinese government spying on people.

Are you not paying attention?

>The new strategy to attack Sekiro is linking it to Tencent via Activision
The Sekiro butthurt train doesn't stop

Bullshit, I'm ensuring From software's continued existence. Also most people here pirated it anyway, you're barking to the wrong tree.

>Tencent literally facilitates the Chinese government spying on people.
[citation needed]

my dear child,
sadly your government also spies on you, and they're the inventor, master and authority of spying on people, without Snowden or wikileak average people like you wouldnt even ever know about it

if you care to raise your heads in public places, what you see? surveilance cameras, you travel through airport? what the gov people check you for? your passports and credentials,

>that chinglish

How could you both not recognize a bugman?

Perfect World is in partnership with Valve.
If you honestly believe they arent as bad as Tencent you're mentally challenged.

Attached: steamchina.jpg (1000x470, 482K)

We're talking about Tencent, stop changing the subject.

Christ these bugmen aren't even trying anymore.

Attached: 1468120493601.png (500x584, 26K)

Everyone knows Valve has been sucking Chinese dick for ages.

well be happy with your ways and beliefs

you spectacular creature

>implying i didnt buy it on steams jp store

So why are we all screeching over epic games store?

Wow, thanks for contributing nothing to the discussion and dodging every question asked.

the fuck, are you having a stroke?

Lol I didn't even buy it. Great game though, better than Souls but fuck giving Actishit money. Though I'll probably buy it later when DLCs come out.

You weren't supposed to point that out..

Doesn't change anything, just because FROM handled distribution in Japan, it was still funded and published by Activision so Tencent funded and profited from it.

Because Yea Forums is a board of valve cucks and people that legitimately dont know how much China has their hands in or how businesses work in general.

theres one person that is mentally challenged

>n-n-no u
A classic, to be sure

bugbrain

Why are you defending a company that deals with chinks?

china has its fingers in everything
theres no avoiding
turns out manufacturing the majority of everything in the world gives you some sway

Reminder:
Our King was killed by Valve to appease the chinks

Attached: 3l1hewtjsi321.png (256x144, 82K)

>theres no avoiding
There absolutely is, stop justifying your complacency faggot.

>There absolutely is
You sure about that?

Attached: DtF5jtsX4AAhlCv.jpg (1200x900, 137K)

It's called GOG.

vivendi hasn't owned them for years
in fact their share is 0 at this point