Even Doom mapfags are making games. What's your excuse?

Even Doom mapfags are making games. What's your excuse?

Attached: Screenshot_20190404-130413~01.png (720x1009, 314K)

I'm a talentless, worthless nobody who should only be used by someone else as a stepstool for a greater life.

And?

So I'm not good enough to try to make a game.

It's not like we expect anything but a shit game, but that's a weak excuse

I wouldn't even know where to begin. I'd love to just design a single Doom map.

>What's your excuse?
I'm lazy

Attached: 1553690970449.png (184x200, 23K)

I wasn't even alive when doom came out lmao. I spend my time productive by posting at least 150 LULs in twitch chat.

I don't want to make games.

Attached: 1528483177407.jpg (337x355, 21K)

Don't turn your passion into a job. Whoever said "if you find a job you love, you'll never work a day in your life" is a fucking liar. You're going to resent what once brought you happiness.

That's absolute horseshit.
I've worked my entire life in games, television and movies and the reality is if you love what you do, you'll work every day of your life.

And I do, and I fucking love it.

Oh, so that's why journos and indie devs hate videosgame

And I spend all day getting brapped on by horses and feeding them carrots
Haha

Game design isn't that fun. It doesn't matter if it's map making or coding of the gameplay. It's all a very tedious process and restrictive. In general I dislike anything that forces me to conform to a strict framework. That's why I do graphic design; motion, publishing and print work are very fluid and the only rules are not at all in your way.

In general, the digital revolution has completely sucked the soul out of every creative pursuit.

I'm interested. What's your job exactly?

No one really hires pixel artists anymore.

I don't want to make game nigger, I want to play them.

being a solo dev is a meme. I spent four years trying to learn as much as I could about game dev, and as a result I am about 5% skilled in each individual field. Will now focus entirely on improving my art and stitch together blueprints in UE4 because fuck that noise.

I cant even make DOOM maps

>game nigger
Unironically would play

Post your work, I double dare you

Protip: just take code that someone already has done and adapt it. It's how basically all the indie devs who made any kind of money have done it. Why do you think Unity and RPGMaker is so popular? Because it does a bunch of the work for you. Nobody in their right mind wants to code an engine from scratch, it's a waste of time.

game development is hard
i cant do it
i give up
im sorry Yea Forums ive let you down

I’d like to not get into contreversy over another postal clone.

>In general, the digital revolution has completely sucked the soul out of every creative pursuit.
If you believe this is the case, bring the classic way of making games back. Get ideas and concept art done on pen and paper, rather than digitally if it really bothers you. Do R&D for some of the game outside of code, like how Fallout and Elder Scrolls found their origins somewhere on tabletop games.
Use modern tools where they suit you, but some times the old way of doing things make the most sense.

Also, I don't agree that "the digital age" is what's killing soul in creative pursuit. It's just potentially people got more out of touch. Why actually do concept art for your characters when you can kit bash the crap out of stuff in ZBrush, then the PBR + Deferred renderer will turn it all into diamonds? Why do actual game design R&D when game design became borderline standardized to the point where there's a "right" and "wrong" way of making your games. To the point where people teach it as if it's an objective subject. Why make your games for a specific group when it can "appease" everybody?

If you want to know what's killing the flavor and life of your games, there's a couple million different things that are much more effective than "oh, everything's digital", me feels.

I don't like how almost all games are streamlined and how they don't try to approach the same objectives in different ways anymore.
There's a bunch of games who are trying different things, but they are niche by default and it's hard to find them.