Sekiro Help Thread: Hush, (Kuro is sleeping) Edition

Attached: 20190404114320_1.jpg (675x585, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7THjbAJ9Q_M
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

sekiro is literally a clone of tenshu keep coping

The ghost girl harassing the black samurai dude asks you a question that results in a fight but she always resets afterward. Is there some trick to end his quest or do I just have to beat the ghost?

I don't want to know the solution, just if there is one and I just haven't run into it

You're good bro

fuck off barry

I was in Senpou Temple, got only a monk technique
Killed Genichiro and found the sunken valley. I'm at the third idol, is this the right way?
How do I get to that one cave in the cliff by that praying npc?

You haven't talked to Kuro have you

I'm now at the area with the ghosts and some of them are invisible until I get close. Was I supposed to use an item to spot them?

how did you get kuro to sleep? I thought only rice loli did that

i fucking suck so much dick at the combat in this game
i miss having a big ol' shield to hide behind

questline only has one conclusion, with her death.

press and hold L1 to raise your shield, hold it up to recover stamina.

Something something fragrances
I was in Mibu Village already and got that flower stone
Now I have to find the Mortal Blade I think either in Sunken Valley or Senpou Temple

>tenshu
try harder faggot

Follow up: I can't seem to find the right try to grapple on and reach the rooftop of this building. And from what I understand, the ghosts here respawn at a set amount of time.

In this area, I see headless and drunkard mini bosses, but I'm hesitant to engage them because these ghosts may respawn. Tips?

Attached: 20190404194530_1.jpg (1920x1080, 428K)

right tree*

Are there any must have skills I should go for first except for Mikiri? I almost finished the Shinobi tree btw, barely touched prostethics. Is Ichimonji:Double good?

there's a path past the mini boss that leads to that rooftop

by "mini boss" I mean the glutton

You can use Snap Seeds to instantly kill them, or so I've heard. You should leave exploring the area for later after you kill the source of the fog.

This game is incredibly unfun at times and I feel treated unfairly even though I recognize that it's all my own shortcomings and lack of proper understanding
I find a lot of the boss fights to be tedious more than anything and the bit of satisfaction you gain by beating them doesn't remedy the frustration experienced on the way there
Attack power is such a shitty stat since it's never explained just how much it actually impacts the game, at first I assumed it would just raise posture damage since I didn't seem to do more damage at all
Also wouldn't you assume your damage doubles going from attack power 1 to ap 2? It's fucking stupid
The focus on one specific weapon irks me though, they didn't do nearly enough with the sword to actually warrant this lack of variety, at best having one weapon just works, nothing more nothing less

Ichimonji double is great, the posture recovery and the counter shut down on the second hit is excellent.

>wouldn't you assume your damage doubles going from attack power 1 to ap 2
No. Only someone who has never played a video game before would think that.

Ichimonji and the Ashina combat skill path as a whole in general seems to be agreed upon to be among the better ones because it's kinda universally good in just about any situation.

oh okay

part of the reason why there's only one weapon may have been so that From don't bite more than they can chew. There's already quite a few skill trees and mechanics to consider even with only one weapon.

If divine heir is chilling "within" rice loli then someones bones her, does a gigantic dick tip fall from the sky where he's at?
Pistoning back and forth, or if they went through the back it grows from the ground?

Attached: 814380_20190330223544_1 (2).png (442x530, 260K)

no
it's just normal pregnancy

>Demon of Hatred
Why the fuck they put a Dark Souls 2 boss in the game, complete with the "shockwaves" meme

Just check back every hub and talk to people after every boss. There's usually something interesting. But you probably missed the sleeping part

Is it worth beating the final boss (returnal ending)? Is anyone else stuck? I beat Lady B, owl and the horse dude all on my first try but this guy at the end is such a slog. I probably haven’t even fought him 10 times yet but the last time I died I deleted the game in seconds.

I remember orphan of kos taking me like 20 attempts but I always wanted to beat him. It just feels insulting to have such an insane difficulty spike right at the end when I have nothing to gain by winning this fight. It’s really soured my experience with this mostly great game

>braps on you

Attached: 1554205436263.png (1080x810, 466K)

I thought I did all the bosses what are these?
I killed second owl fight but I went with the Return ending.
I'm assuming 3 are the other endings but that means I'm missing 3? Are they locked behind the Shira ending?

Attached: achievos.png (1232x439, 27K)

you will learn to do the beginning of the fight quickly, and it only gets easier in the later phases
the last phase is the easiest

I know they wanted to perfect a single combat style rather than having 3 or 5 mediocre and less polished ones and I suppose they did succeed in that mostly
It's just a big problem if the weapon you're using doesn't actually feel satisfying, now this is completely subjective but I feel the combat in Sekiro missed the mark on that front because you can't actually cut anything apart, you just stab it to death instead

Shura ending has one exclusive boss. You need to do it on subsequent NG+ runs so you eventually have all the boss memories in your inventory.

So then any idea what the other two are? Maybe for defeating all bosses?

I might give it another go, might wait for dlc. I’m just not too enthused about spending an hour learning all the animations for the guy. The diffficulty curve blows my mind, I don’t know how people who had trouble with things like the ape or butterfly could ever do this and if they could why they would.

One is obtaining all skills

>barry
you too? I think the only ones who successfully got rid of him were Bloodlines threads, if only because he got drowned out by the politics.

Is he dying or something?

And is it advisable to give every new sake I found to the sculptor? I found a new sake in Mibu, so I can't decide who to give it to. Isshin? Sculptor? Emma?

Attached: 20190404204221_1.jpg (1920x1080, 319K)

i think there are 3 of every sake so you can give them to everyone

Should I bother backtracking to find 3 prayer beads or just go to NG+

Training Dummy wants to end his curse by using the Mortal Blade. But before I kill him though, will I be missing anything?

Attached: 1540385940542.png (451x619, 434K)

No man his job is done. Give him his honorable death

depends if you want the achievement

>”””gentle””” blade Emma
>she suplexes you

Attached: 4C68A7E4-3AB7-4FC2-8F01-5891C43EDF25.jpg (557x300, 31K)

Can I still get in on NG+? Seems like a lot of work trying to find every hidden one

These Mibu villagers keep coming out from the ground. Is there an end to this?

I absolutely suck at parrying, should I uninstall it or are there other ways to beat the game ?

Eventually, I don't think you're meant to fight them

What should I do before NG+? I have 19 vit and 13 atk, 9 estus

yeah you can get them on NG+
if you're at the end of the game, might as well look at a guide
two of the beads can be missed if you didnt get to the second hirata estate part

also check the offering box at the shrine where the tutorial guy is
some beads can be bough there at the end of the game

How do I sleep with Kuro?

how long you been playing?
parrying takes some time to click

30 hours

Did you fight double ape yet?

no ignore this shit

Just spam it. You'll either parry or block, you don't have stamina and holding block will reset your posture.

Yeah I figured it out.
3 are endings.
1 is obtaining all skills.
1 is boss from Shura ending.
1 is defeat all bosses.

Most likely will go for Shura on NG+ to knock out 3 of them

Died multiple times to Chained Ogre. I've never played this bad since the first Dark Souls. Any tips to parrying? Am I right in guessing that attacking prevents you from being able to parry the next attack?

>that underwater headless

Attached: 1547753106209.gif (387x301, 715K)

>complete with the "shockwaves" meme
no you are just retarded

you can go from attacking to parrying very quickly
dont try to parry the ogre, just dodge him

When I went to fight them they were pretty easy honestly. Even the one with two headless, I was disappointing you only needed to kill one.

You can't parry the ogre but generally spam l1 to parry when you first start, seems to work on most enemies (and only sometimes on bosses).

The chained ogre is just dodging and chipping his health away, try to go through the estate to get fire before fighting him I feel as that is the correct way to progress, go back and find the old lady.

you are missing a gourd seed
kill all the shicimen warriors because they drop decent shit
make sure you got all the lapis lazulli its limited per playthrough

On Demon of Hatred, in the second phase, how to avoid the long line of fire he shoots on the ground? Sprinting is too slow and when jumping I just get knocked on the ground from the air.

j-just keep trying bro im sure you'll get it

Attached: 1549307108636.png (754x353, 174K)

Senpou temple.

>3 easy patterns to learn
>just spam circle
WOW so hard really.....

Why isn't parrying "clicking" for me? Should I just hold L1 most of the time and not be too aggressive?

run to the side and jump at the last second, grapple in and beat his ass

I suck at this game. I'm hitting them but they guard so nothing happens. I then dodge to get out but they immediately hit me since there no I-frames during that dodge

Attached: e94.jpg (680x527, 42K)

No be aggressive. When you attack someone you force them to deflect, and thus you know when their counterattack is coming. Stay in their face and don't touch that circle button unless 100% necessary.

Sprint left jump and hook. The fire aimed at you can't be jumped but if you sprint left and jump you'll be safe.

It took me a long ass time as well. I think I was at Genchiro when it "clicked".

Spam parry. Literally most people weakness. Usually you can spam attacks when they guard and see they are about to attack.

If you're having a lot of trouble fighting the Chained Ogre and you Eavesdrop on the soldiers to hear that the Ogre is weak to FIRE. You can then explore and inevitably talk to the mother and soldier and get the charm that allows you to go to Hirata Estate. Then at Hirata Estate, you can find the tool that gives you Flame Vent. Once equipped, you can return to Chained Ogre and have an easier time fighting it by engulfing the Ogre in flames.

He slammed his head on the ground while I was 2 character lengths away from him and I got knocked down

It was a shock to me when I saw it too but it’s the easiest variant of it, swim-dash in, attack, retreat and dodge his kamehameha.
Don’t even need confetti.

jump left or righ but not to fast not to slow and use grapple hook on him

you force them do deflect an thus you know their counter atack is coming ?

this does not make anny sence

you shoulde be aggressive but not to much when enemy have fast counter attack

Thanks for the tips. I'm feeling a bit discouraged getting fucked like this especially when I literally just finished Ringed City and jumped into this. I'll keep what you said in mind.

When you attack them they usually deflect -> attack which means you can do the same to them for massive (posture) damage.

Either jump right or use the flame shield

do you lose the ability to upgrade your arm when sculptor becomes a boss after fighting the dragon?

no

I accepted his wish. I'll just attack him?

Attached: 20190404215656_1.jpg (1920x1080, 472K)

Dodge the ogre. You can also set him on fire for a couple of free hits.

Rest and come back. You’ll see what to do

WHAT THE FUCK IS A CENTIPEDE DOING THERE HOLY SHIT

Attached: 20190404220226_2.jpg (1920x1080, 297K)

>tfw can't kill Juzou for like 15+ tries
Should i even continue playing the game? I want to get better but i fucking can't.

Attached: 1545167231858.jpg (612x620, 25K)

You went through the area with the monks and rice loli, you should know.

immortality dude

I didn't spoiled myself much but I know that Dragonrot apparently stop any questline if the npc get sick. I'm currently at Genichiro, when should I use the items to heal people? I know that I have to give alcohol to the Sculptor but he won't take anything

I noticed that if enemy doesn't have a weapon it's generally best not to parry, instead dodge/run. This really depends, but "brute" enemies like the ogre or the ape(phase one) you wanna keep your distance from and only attack at a good opportunity. Funny enough the flaming bull you actually wanna parry because he's very predictable and even though you take chip damage due to fire you do a lot of posture damage and I don't think his posture recovers because he doesn't rest

When it comes to parrying it should be clicking once you get to MY NAAAAAAME IS, and parrying his 3 attacks is good practice and makes the fight trivial. You should perfect it with Genichiro though, he's great for parry practice because he has a good variety of attacks and I'm pretty sure you can't go through the fight otherwise

there are plenty of them in the game. use them whenever you get a few rot essence

>sneak on the left side
>kill his hencmen one by one, after every kill run away until they deaggro
>if someone is still searching for you but is away from the group, kill him
>when he's the only one left also go back to the left and backstab him
>quickly run to the samurai and click through the dialogue
>whenever his aggro goes to the samurai just hit him, when he turns to you back of and block until the samurai hits and aggroes him again

You're welcome

Go through the building to the far left, kill the two inside, sneak through the corridors until you get to the back of a shield guy, kill him and run to the archer on the far side, kill him and run back into the first building again, enemies will come at you 1 on 1, kill them.
Hide from Juyzo, just stay out of sight to deaggro, back stab him for a bar of health then run to the samurai waiting by the pond at the front, then double team Jyuzo.

I thought they're exclusively inside monks, holy shit. I did not see that coming.

How do I get on this Buddha?

Attached: sekiro 2019-04-05 00-00-42-71.png (1920x1080, 1.91M)

Thanks, i'll try that. Just got my morale obliderated that i'm so bad i can't parry the shit out of that slow and predictable fuck.

Exit the area past where the Snake Eyes was. As you leave look to your left and up. There's a grapple point that leads through a cave to it.

Past the miniboss is a gap where you need to crawl. Stop mid-way and stand up. You'll see a ledge to climb up.

I'm now at the part where I encounter the shamisen girl outside Mibu Village and my thoughts of this game is very positive. The world is HUGE and so fun to explore. I hope there will be more areas to explore next though because it feels like I'm nearing the end.

Attached: 1383816110652.jpg (1440x810, 146K)

It isn’t to bad, you can run past the soldiers on the way to the boss area too, just be careful of the archers and serpentine like crazy.

and his
you can also send him to the dungeon

Cheers anons

I prefer the exploration and stealthkilling to the bosses, I really hope From make a new Tenchu game or two from this foundation and mix up the objectives.
Maybe a remake with this system? Add free grappling and they’ll be good to go.

Both rewards are shit though

They're in everything. The Koi fish, the corrupted monks, the apes, genichiro.

Is it in Sekiro too?

Should I do it lads? According to the letter, I could send someone else, a soldier, but I haven't met him yet.
Also, how the fuck do I beat the Shicimen Warrior without shitting my pants with terror?

Attached: SEKIRO SHADOWS DIE TWICE Screenshot 2019.04.04 - 22.34.19.78.jpg (1920x1080, 155K)

No

Anyone know where to get alot of Lumps of Grave Wax?

Don't send anyone.
The rewards suck and the NPCs normal questlines are much better

I would wait until you buy the purple gourd before fighting and Headless/Shichimen warriors.
Take dose of confetti and sippy from the purple flask (or anti terror powder)before you engage and go ham on them.
Farm nobles at the fountainhead

At the feeding grounds in Fountainhead, I got rid of the great big carp and gave the attendant the whiskers and now he's __dead__ and there is an item in his character model that I can't pick up. Am i supposed to be able to pick this up?

How do I cook rice, guys?

Haven’t done that quest yet but have tried holding square?
Ive done this a few times myself because I keep thinking I’m playing Souls again and have left lots of this behind unintentionally.

try sucking it

Give it to Kuro and suck on his sweet, succulent balls.

>played since release
>only beaten horseguy and bigbull
r8

Too slow/10

i beat the game without doing any quest. what kind of rewards do you even get?
items i used were mostly to help recover posture and healing stuff.

Attached: 5688-591319222.jpg (346x350, 24K)

>Shicimen Warrior
You need 2 Divine Confett(Preferably 3 just in case), 2 pacifing agents would be nice too.
Divine confetti up, go in, beat the shit out of him and you should break his terror aura and build up a lot of posture damage. It requires a lot of running around when he's throwing the heads at you, if you get hit by a few small ones its not that bad but make sure you don't get hit by the huge heads. As you're running around your priority is to dodge things, but once you dodge the big heads just go near him and hit him as many times as you can.

When he dissappears make sure you see where he is, then run left of right from him to dodge the laser. Then it's pretty much the same shit until he gets killed. There's a pillar you can hide behind to be safe and reapply confetti, heal or remove terror with pacifying agent.

The biggest and most dangerous terror buildup is the aura he summons around him so try not to step into it if it's already up. The big heads are most likely gonna one shot kill you too but all you need to do is keep running and bait them to dodge.

Also don't get too far away from him, you wanna stay relatively close to beat on him when he opens up. If you don't have Divine Confetti don't bother fighting him

helping the samurai find the shamisen player gets you a Jizo statue, sending him to the medic gets you some crafting mats and a red lump, big monk guy Kotoro can be sent to the merchant to increase his stock or sent to a spirit realm that rewards you with a Taro persimmon.

DLC when?

I have beat all bosses and got all endings I want more.

>I want
ugh gamers like sooo entitled... baka

I want a Journey to the west dlc that lets you fight with/against deities and legends, also a chance that fight Tomoe Gozen

Attached: 2949CF47-2F71-43E4-8AED-F892574FE7CB.jpg (1172x1600, 428K)

Good games are done when they are. No need for DLC just give me the Korean sequel.

That's not being entitled.
I didn't say I demand or need more, just that I want more. I am only expressing my feelings here user.

this is fucking stupid, the ape is not a frog, dumb reddit frogposter

I poop on you kid

>called "undying" like the monks
>wtf why worm XD

Love the game but seems like there's just too many buddha shrines. Didn't get a feeling of "oh fuck I really need a rest" once because of this

>tfw I look up guides for most bosses

Attached: 435693.jpg (829x960, 24K)

I didn't see it either. Neither the ape. I didn't think there was an actual connection between the bugs and immortality. The cricket monks don't show one when you kill them

Lol
I looked up Demon of Hatred just to find out that what the guide is telling me was the thing I was already doing. Minus the whistle thing though. Not really ashmed of finding that out via a guide although I guess I could have figured it out due to its lore text but I considered that prosthetic so useless that I never looked at it.

Also I google many sidequests because that shit just isn't worth figuring out on your own in From games and is often way too convoluted and full of shit you can miss.

I want to play as Genichiro and use that huge bow.

Is the horse guy easier than butterfly lady? Don't know which one to attempt first.

Butterfly lady can be easily cheesed, if you can even call it that. If an AI shits the bed because of dodge attacks then maybe the boss deserves being dabbed on and nothing else

Yeah he is. I don't think there's a proper order but Horse is definitely easier but you're supposed to go back in time first

Using whistle let me cheese phase 3.

I only looked up how to get the endings.
Honestly I never would have found out I can eavesdrop on Kuro if I just normally played the game.

Definitely kill horse man first to get his attack power boost for lady butterfly

He's piss easy and really telegraphs his attacks so he's easy to parry.

Who thought that this miniboss was a good idea? It's not even difficult, just annoying.

Attached: roast_beef_grill_set_by_muhut_dd3rlz5-fullview.jpg (1600x1291, 163K)

The even better idea was to make you fight it a second time but in an area where the camera constantly shits itself

You mean easy? How is it annoying?

well that's some unexpected fanart

the boss is early warning that the game will randomly throw you a dark souls boss reject every now and then

>It's not even difficult
>You mean easy
Are you retarded
He's probably talking about how the bull flails all around the arena

do you want every boss to be a guy with a sword

Fountainhead Palace, the flute guys drop it.

Fucking wow, beat the horseguy first try and it took me about 15 tries for Juzou before i stealthcheesed him.

wheres the massive futa cock?
it is a bull after all

finally beat the game.
got the ending where i gave the boy dragon tears and severed the ties of immortality. is that the good ending? what other endings are there?
and fuck isshen, why the fuck he called a sword saint when the spear is the real fucking slayer?

She's preggers with Kuro

wouldn't mind it honestly
all the best bosses are man with sword
all the worst bosses are not man with sword

I don't think From does non-humanoid bosses very well. Unless they're dragons and even then. But unlike that user I think the bull is alright

ape, demon and isshin are the best bosses in the game
only one out of three is man with sword

I know Return is probably the canon ending but this ending is kino.

youtube.com/watch?v=7THjbAJ9Q_M

Attached: nice.png (691x801, 430K)

Most people use annoying because it's actually difficult for them and they don't want to admit it.
You just hug his shoulder and he dies

How do I cheese Owl at Ashina Castle?

Attached: 1554132776439.jpg (222x249, 8K)

ape is like 50% man with sword
both owl fights are also incredible

isn't tomoe fucking dead like emma tells you

Thrust attack

He'll never block it

The ape is where I quit. Fucking bullshit.

DO NOT

I don't think anything in a videogame is fair to call difficult unless it legitimately causes you to earnestly believe that no matter how hard you try you'll never be able to do better and you can't even see ways in which you CAN improve and you start thinking you should just give up and admit you're not good enough.
Like my life.

STOP THRUSTING

JUST SPAM IT

Just do timed blocks lmao
One of the easiest bosses

play passive as fuck. use firecrackers. when he throws 2 shurikens, get ready to dodge to the side for a free 1 or 2 hits.

i fucking hated ape but once i got used to his patterns and found out about the spear trick he's one of my favorites

Attached: 177.png (1832x320, 74K)

just beat hatred demon and .. holy shit.. best boss of the game? Way harder than owl 2

>loading screen tip says the thrust attack is unblockabke
>literally every enemy in the game blocks it

what the fuck did they mean by this?

You don't. Just don't be too aggressive and learn to block and be patient. It took me about 20 minutes of blade dancing with him on my successful try

>Thrust Owl
>He mikiri counters you and 90% your health is gone
I learned the hard way.
Can any other boss mikiri counter?

they're deflecting it

it is unblockable. if you see an enemy holding a block stance, he's asking you to thrust

the thrust is deflectable though. dont thrust neutral enemies.

They deflect it

Like how sekiro can deflect spears with the right timing

f you want true cheese you umbrella the shuriken and block the overhead then do the umbrella follow up
it fucks him up

>clone
nigga, the game was gonna be a Tenchu sequel before From decided against it. From still owns the IP since they bought it from Activision years ago.

>just found out I missed the owl 2.0 boss fight
>now I have to do the same ending again if I wanna fight him
I wanted to do another ending, goddammit. Did anyone even find out about this boss fight through normal gameplay?

Attached: 1546301167462.png (340x418, 136K)

how is that umbrella followup in general? haven't used it because i feel like its just a trap to get hyperarmored through and punished hard, like most of the fancy shit

When I fought him, every single time he threw shurikens, he followed it with a jump attack that was never actually far enough to reach me. So i'd deflect the shurikens and then charge ichomonji for free while he whiffed.

Just copy your save file bro.
I got all endings in one playthrough.
You can even save after beating Isshin and before engaging with Kuro.

Owl 2 is a mandatory part of another ending, you dingus. There are 4.
Conditions for 3 can be fulfilled in a single playthrough, and then you just choose whichever.
The 1 remaining "bad" ending changes the end of the game completely.

just use cheat engine if you're going to cheat

OKAMI WARRIORS DID NOTHING WRONG
GET EM' WHILE THEY'RE STILL FRESH

Attached: fishgf.jpg (1121x750, 264K)

If I didn't copy my save file I would have just watched the other 3 endings on youtube.
Fuck games not respecting my time.

Yeah NG+ is kinda like speedrunning but it's still 2 hours.

its insane and one of the reasons the umbrella is so god tier
huge health and posture damage and cant think of a time when anything didn't stumble after getting hit

>Fuck games not respecting my time.
yeah they should have added an easy mode

The follow up costs no emblems, so why not use it when you can. But it also powers up when you block enough damage from ranged attack, but not melee. So it's best charged by blocking projectiles first.

What the fuck are you talking about?
Getting to experience all the bosses was my only priority.
I don't want it to be easier. I want to avoid having to do the same things over again because it's less fun.

Why does she sit like that?

Maybe her butt hurts.

Maybe her butt hurts?

she's a slav

Airing out the fish puss.

likes a breeze between the curtains

I just beat Corrupted Monk's true form and I feel like I'm pretty close to the ending
Does beating the game puts you instantly into NG+ like BB or is it like DS3?
I'm afraid to keep going through the main path because I don't want to get locked out of optional stuff

From what?

Attached: 1542873643571.png (310x310, 169K)

From what?

Attached: butt hurts.jpg (250x250, 13K)

Like DS2.

>Genichiro, Way of Tomoe

Attached: 1508133659369.gif (500x549, 1.18M)

You can do all the optional stuff until the final boss of the fountainhead palace. After that you will be locked out of some bosses.

The "trick" is getting her to reveal her sword before she aggros so you can stealth kill her first health bar.

And just after that i beat butterfly second try. Is it finally clicking in guys?

He's actually pretty easy
He never overwhelms you with attacks so you just got to stay back and attack him either after dodging his jump attack or his healing block bomb

First phase is just running away from him, landing a hit or two when you can but mainly killing him by using firecrackers.

Second phase is all about parrying his attacks. It's basically mandatory because if you don't parry he won't do the slow overhead swing(which you need to parry to make him fall down). The headless phase is honestly much easier than the normal ape.

the old grave looks like it has been dug up desu. genichiro mustve done SOMEthing to his master's body, given that he has access to the OCHIMIZU as well

You can continue to run away in the second phase and wait for his jump sweep where he lands on his belly. Then you can get in 4 hits and run away again.

Same strat works for demon of hatred.

The biggest problem with this game is the total lack of animations during conversations

guardian ape took me quite a few tries. then i completed mibu village and attempted guardian apeS. took me 1 try. firecrackers really fuck up the brown ape. 2nd phase guardian ape is so much easier than his first phase.

Wrong: it's the lack of easy mode

What's the best farming spot?
Probably my biggest nitpick in this game is that items are too expensive and you have a much bigger risk of losing money than in Souls or BB
Never had to actively farm to buy items in other From games

it is not a game about having conversations, fartknocker

I'm stuck on the Seven Spears guy at the reservoir, I can't figure out how to dodge some of his attacks.

Attached: tengu.jpg (925x901, 145K)

You can do another ending anyway because the ultimate choice comes down to choosing through a text box at the end.

>you can't wear that outfit

why even play this game?

Other than Shura obviously, you're not locked into any particular ending by advancing the Purification questline, you can still choose to do Immortal Severence or Return as well

and lolis

Snake eyes shirahagi is meant to be cheesed right? I cant be assed to deal with his tracking grab and his miles long eyesight in poison terrain. Give me the guy in the mountain any day over his faggotry.

Early on, Ashina Palace Gate after you kill the horseman. Run up, kill the gunner, over the wall, murder the three Rats/Midgets, run off the side back to the idol, rinse repeat. With a wealth balloon you get like 219 sen every thirty seconds.

Yeah in other games you could just go pick up your souls again and feel the tension of not making it.
I really don't like how this game handles it. Unseen aid is just luck-based and losing half without getting a skill-based chance to get it back sucks.

Best spot is ashina castle stairway late game.
You backstab an enemy every couple seconds.
Pop the item drop balloons first while killing, then before going back to pick up the items pop the wealth baloon for increased sen.

I beat Owl on my second try.
Am I considered a God at this game yet?

Attached: 1553965188384.jpg (544x646, 39K)

I find jumping forwards takes care of her jump, and then you parry everything else, including cannon shots.

her*

Just learn the correct timing and iframe through it, stop panic dodging.
Or if you're a giant baby you can just preemptively dodge directly backwards and that will put you out of her grab range entirely.

>his
Anyway, the grab can be avoided by jumping backwards or, if you're not bad, deflecting with correct timing

A God would have done it first try, so no.

He's one of the easier bosses overall so no, not really

Deflect, Ichimonji: Double, Deflect, Ichimonji: Double.
Rinse and repeat, easiest boss.

Then why do you constantly get stuck listening to people monologuing for 3 minutes at a time without emoting?

Or did you just skip through dialog?

I've beaten every miniboss except the Headless and the dudes who fire purple terror beams at you because they seem like a pain. Should I bother before my first ending?

There's a checkpoint at the other side from where you can get an easy backstab on her

Guess I'll try deflecting and jumping. Jumping worked most of the time until I got dragged down. Doesnt help that her butt buddies are annoying as all hell.

Yesterday I asked if Owls stomp attack was really supposed to be an instant kill and you guys thought he broke my posture.

Turns out he didn't, he just uses an instant kill move sometimes that doesn't have any warning pop up. It's rare but total bullshit.

where does that npc in your pic dissapears to after white snake shrine?

Good point.
B-but people said he was hard.

yes those 3 minute segments are what the game is about not the 20 other hours of fighting for your life
it's color for the world you're fighting in, nothing more

Attached: 1554046368437.png (717x613, 562K)

I was not prepared.

Attached: Sekino_Watercolor.jpg (1920x1080, 555K)

So, I'm stuck against the spear guy in the first dream and the giant near the castle.

It feels like I can't deflect the spear guy with all those danger symbols popping up, and the giant is more so a pain due to me fucking up at some point down the line fighting him.

Any tips?

Both are relatively easy if you use Divine Confetti, Ako's sugar and just spam R1.
The Headless don't really give you anything useful. One of the terror beam dudes gives a lapis lazuli.

It just looks bad. Shows low production value.

Really? I've been spoiler free for the most part so I haven't really read most of the discussion
I beat him yesterday and took me like 3 tries, he's a very honest boss despite being a shinobi master
He doesn't pull any cheap tricks for the most part and his attacks don't have weird delays to confuse you

If you haven't yet, talk to the sculptor to get a skill book. Learn mikiri counter and use it on the spear dude.

Any tips on beating that purple ninja chilling on the snake temple after the shinobi invasion?

it really doesn't, because the focus of the game is not in depth conversations with npcs, it's the combat. what you are doing is like complaining about the melee combat in a first person shooter.

Attached: 1553027306681.jpg (480x265, 18K)

git gud
Use mikiri counter against the shinobi hunter
don't be a pussy when fighting the drunkard

>Doesnt help that her butt buddies are annoying as all hell.
Use a sneaky sugar to avoid alerting everyone else on the map and to get a backstab.

You retarded, mate?
It's isshin.

There were a couple of 4chin threads complaining about him so I don't know.
Then again people also complained about Chained Ogre and he's easy as fuck.

Easy way to do this is jump on her head. She'll stagger for a sec, reset to neutral, but now can be backstabbed.

>what you are doing is like complaining about the melee combat in a first person shooter
A bad or broken melee option can fuck up a shooter though.

Sitting in Sekiro spinning the camera was a bit boring.

Don't hesitate to just deflect the drunkard's attacks and to back away when your posture gets too low

Why is Sekiro such a manlet

where is the second underater headless? i got the one in the pond behind ashina castle

Where is the 3rd shichimen? i got the one in the abandonned dungeon and the one where i fought the 2 giant monkeys

Can't sneak around if you're tall.

Both are in the area I'm guessing you haven't visited yet

Well Miyazaki did say it was originally a Tenchu sequel.

name one shooter that was ruined because of a melee option

Tell that to Owl

What's Owl's excuse?

Bribes and swinging a big sword very hard

Well he can turn go invisible and turn into some ghost owl. That's like cheating.

GIVE ME PICS
PICS OF kuro sama

Please help me or give me tips with the sword saint
I simply never encountered anything this hard and im being overwhelmed, i got to his second pahse but got absolutely annihilated by that lance
also, having a second phase genichiro everytime before the fight is not helping
pls help its literally impossible

Attached: 1554334123808.jpg (1000x900, 450K)

>fought genichiro 3rd phase a countless amount of times before realizing that you must press the attack button after parrying his lighting

I thought i was just bad at timing this whole time, fuck.

Attached: Sekiro-genichiro-ashine-2nd-encounter[1].jpg (1280x720, 105K)

Have you guys tried Sekiro in slow motion? The animations are absolutely gorgeous. So many little details like the way the purple cloaks reposition their body mid air when you deflect their kicks and the small windows where they can move their swords to block you. It’s some serious attention to detail that you’d normally miss in the fast combat.

Attached: F4F2995D-51B6-466A-B1BF-56B2875141B0.jpg (400x360, 25K)

You can do it. Keep pushing through and learn his spear phase, it's all deflectable and then you can fuck him up with a mikiri. Genichiro should be 30 seconds of you bullying the shit out of him nonstop and him dying like a bitch (watch out for that sweep). You will feel like a Sekiro GOD when you get that final DB.

If you haven't just been beating everything by blind luck Genichiro should be an absolute shitter at that point in the game, you shouldn't even take damage

The only real advice you need is take it easy, study their patterns, figure out how to avoid and punish them and stop hesitating

>after parrying his lighting
You don't have to parry anything. Just jump and hit attack after you get hit.

>first encounter with genichiro in tutorial
>wolf awkwardly bumps his hand into the hilt before grabbing it
pure kino

This except pics of his cute feet.

Can someone explain in a spoiler-free way what I need for the best ending? I just got the Fushigiri from rice girl, I feel like big decisions will come around soon and I don't want to not have the mcguffins when the time comes.

Have you tried falling asleep next to him? That'd be a good place to start.

Keep deflecting and stay aggressive, when he charges the wide range spin attack run close to him and jump just before it comes out.
Third phase is easier because you can punish him real good. You'll see.

If you want the good strats watch a speedrunner do him.

Attached: 1554090603007.png (592x602, 602K)

Eat/use her rice three times. Then give her what she asks. Keep visiting her after every boss fight.

Alright thanks user that's actually pretty helpful.

Last thing.
Are you guys using PC controls or a gamepad?

I'm using PC controls and it's pretty hard to translate the tooltips to gamepad. IS it more fluid with game pad?

I'm preeetty sure that the fight where you get the Dragon Tears is the only point of no return for that whole questline

That’s assuming you think that’s the best ending though.

Keep asking rice from the loli (eat it or give it to the old hags and rest) until you trigger a different event, the rest is just doing what the loli tells you.

I played it with a PS4 controller and modded PS4 control prompts.

I changed the button layout a bit.
D-pad up to switch prosthetic tools.
Triangle to use item. So I can heal while using the left stick.
Circle to use prosthetic tools.
Dodge to R2 so I can run while controlling both sticks.

Attached: You have been visited by Based Kite Man of WOOOOooooo.jpg (1080x720, 259K)

I can't beat the poison ninja faggot at Serpent Shrine
How is the fuck is he harder than every boss and mini-bosses so far. He's somehow even harder than the same ninja faggot in Ashina dojo despite being exactly the same guy.
Please help I can't take it anymore.

I just want to go for the one with the most requirements first, like the space squid ending in Bloodborne, after that I'll hunt for the rest.
Will do that and keep the Dragon Tear thing in mind.

You can switch tooltips between controller and kb&m buttons.

I have no idea how people can play From games with PC controls but apparently some madmen do

Get a controller

Attached: 1438745804033.jpg (313x254, 26K)

WOOOOOO!!

In that case, stay loyal to Kuro and eavesdrop on him after the fight that ensues. That one is the most obscure requirement.

alright what the fuck is going on with the samurai hearing shit and the o'rinn of the water ghost questline

Traditional Japanese ghost story in video game format

>or the ape(phase one)
I was having a lot of trouble with the apes when I was running like a bitch and it actualy went better when I just up in their grill to block..

Attached: g.webm (752x582, 2.9M)

Souls games are actually easier with mkb because of the camera freedom when you don’t lock on.

Maybe he is connected to the Lord Suzaku she's searching for?

For Shichimen Warrior you don't need anything but the purple umbrella and the skill that lets you follow-up after blocking with it. Purple umbrella blocks all projectiles and beams, and the follow up attack does a lot of damage without costing any spirit emblems.

I genuinely do way better in From games with kb&m than with a controller.
15+ years of PC gaming will do that to you.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with kb&m in Sekiro and DS3. DS2 on release had shitty double click which was patched in a week, and DS1 was just an awful port in all respects.

"WOOOOO"

One of the more amusing moments in the game for me was when i went into the window where the shrine is and heard one of the kite guys WOOOOOO'ing into the wall outside it and falling to his death

>emma is stronger than genichiro
why isn't she the commander?

the only thing you worry about genichiro is his charged attack, which is actually a huge opening for you to sneak and attack his back at least 4 times, his second charged attack is way more easy to evade, just dodge to one side with the correct timing

as for sword saint, deflect is your friend, here's some attacks that he does before lance

>ichimonji
evade requieres timing as he delays this attack for a little bit, allows you two hit him one or two times
>ashina cross
you can get close to him and cancels it for a swipe, or you can bait him into doing it by staying at a safe distance, once he does it go around him and smack him
>charged vertical slash/swipe
I can't remember but im sure there was a way to distinct the two of these, for the vertical one dodge to the side with timing, then run to him, be careful, this attacks twice in the same direction, for the charged swipe, jump on him, is safe and allows you to hit him

for the spear phase, when he launches himself at you, dodge that (time it, evading it early fucks you up) then smack him, he will do this a lot

Attached: 1553014041245.png (638x359, 247K)

WOOOOOO!!

Attached: [WOOOOOOOOOOs internally].webm (834x630, 328K)

She hits pretty hard but can’t take much punishment.
Genichiro did nothing wrong

i feel like there are so many little things i missed in my first playthrough
what's the best guide to use for completion in my next run

spam firecrackers and mikiri counter. also if you haven't tried yet you can sneak around the side of the shrine and get a deathblow in before fighting proper

>just completed it
>got the Return ending
what the fuck happened

Attached: 20190404175243_1.jpg (3840x2160, 874K)

Give her sake she tells you why.

>first ending for return
you did it famalan

What's the deal with the guy standing outside the well (the one with the lone shadow longswordsman)? I accidentally attacked him thinking that the game would give him a force-field like it does other friendly NPCs, and he's permanently gone now it seems.

Does anyone have any idea who the woman laying against the stone before the Divine Dragon fight is?

wat

Attached: 20190404192024_1.jpg (3840x1600, 812K)

Purification = Immortal Severence > Return > Shura
Fight me fagets

Attached: 954A07C8-1ABB-40F1-85C0-3A6C4A821413.jpg (343x481, 39K)

systematically kill all the dogs and then run away to deaggro him, when he's alone lure him back up the path to the gate that you came in through. His AI can bug out and he'll either stand there and eat hits or back away slowly and be less aggressive while you attack. It's cheesy but a shinobi knows the difference between honor and victory

the only thing i found to do in that situation is try to homeward idol out of there

He's an NPC that has two separate sidequest line options, so gg

Turn 180 and hug the wall till you run into a grapple branch. Beware of fatty

Fucking kino moment.

It's Tomoe right?
Some dialog ingame says she commited suicide while Takeru got his head cut off.

is it wrong that I want to fuck one of these

Attached: dhK9h29.jpg (173x211, 10K)

u just got soul succed

i'd rather stealthily backstab you

Purification required one of them dying and Tomoe didn’t want her oneitis to die so she tried to commit Sekiro.

>when you nut but she keeps on sucking

The localization is fucking garbage as expected of Activision I suppose. "Sword saint" is supposed to be a title.

I'll never forgive those Interior Minister fucks for killing based WOOOOOO ninja.

You got the loli preggers with Kuro, good job.

Attached: 3544353543345.jpg (1120x1580, 1.24M)

I know these guys are enemy
but I never had any negative feeling towards them
>lone shadows ninjas infiltrating Ashina Castle
>the moment based kitemen asks you for help

Can we talk about some of the wasted opportunities Sekiro had? I liked the game but feel that there could've been more to it. Let's say you could decide to be much more stealthy and even skip some bosses using it properly. If you don't kill as many Ashina elites, they could actually defend better against the invasion later in the game. Let's say you skipped Gyoubu in the early game, later he could help you fight against the demon of hatred. Or let's say you skip the Guardian Ape and then it'll follow you to other levels and would fight anything in its way because you stole it's flower.I'm not very creative but I'm sure that there are many possibilities with this.

WOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1554080539999.gif (400x225, 506K)

My wife.

Attached: 1554359743894.jpg (1080x1528, 433K)

Genichiro will be your big test of it clicking or not.

>still no r34 with Sekiro and Plain doll
I want my autistic pairing desu

Attached: 75C02AEE-D038-41FD-BE51-B69F7C8444B1.jpg (680x680, 67K)

There's 2 Owl fights

you're missing out on the true waifu, user.

Attached: 20190324125329_1.jpg (1920x1080, 407K)

no

I don't understand why they are even enemies after you btfo Genichiro. You're living in the castle they're protecting and Isshin, who they serve, is friendly to Wolf.

But if you give all sakes to a one person you get more dialogue

>best ending is getting a loli preggers
what did Miyazaki mean by this?

Attached: 1530579932621.png (1000x1000, 66K)

Owl 2's face when I mikiri his ass never fails to make me laugh.

Is the second guardian ape fight entirely optional? I had already gone through that cavern BEFORE killing him and reached wherever it leads (the village I think?) before, and I remember thinking "This looks like a boss arena", but nothing spawned and I was able to just go straight through.

>tags: loli, shota, unbirth

>Miyazaki
You mean Abe.

WHERE THE FUCK DO I FEED THIS FAT FUCK

Attached: 814380_20190404130124_1.jpg (2560x1440, 766K)

Yes, I think it's optional if you have the idol unlocked. He does drop the usual boss reward.

post cute kuro right now

Attached: lE9kUOFXQsk.jpg (846x1200, 108K)

>If you don't kill as many Ashina elites, they could actually defend better against the invasion later in the game.
this would be pretty cool, maybe based on the number of ashina minibosses left alive. I'd also like to fight Gyoubu off of his horse, or ride a horse and challenge him to a cavalry battle

You gotta find his lair, go through it, emerge on the other side, and you'll be at the "right" portion of the temple. THere's a bell and a NPC with an idol nearby, can't miss it.

Also don't kill the NPC.It's not how you complete his quest.

I am not really doing much damage to the Corrupted Monk. Am I supposed to come later one ? I got 4 attack power

The worst part is when they're getting blown the fuck out by Ministry goons and when you save their asses they immediately turn on you instead

Attached: ChlUuK.png (345x360, 15K)

Tips on beating O'Rin? I used the confetti to increase my damage, but I couldn't get an initial backstab because she resets when I die.

Attached: 1538171757267.jpg (768x768, 88K)

confetti

Deal enough damage to her health so she doesn't recover her posture as fast then kill her using posture.

Oh yeah, come back later dude. You did what I did and went exploring too much. There are a bunch of bosses you can get more attack power from around.

The idol past that section had an idol with a bunch of ayylmaos. When I came back after the divine dragon, this cunt stabbed them all to death.

Am I blind or something?

Attached: 814380_20190403210358_1.jpg (2560x1440, 1.96M)

You can ambush Sakura Bull by jumping at it's head.

She's weak to poison. Also parry and jump do the double jump when she does her sweep.

WOOOOOO!!

Attached: 1515334898763.jpg (971x693, 575K)

I forgot. I'll try again with that and maybe go to the gunfort first

you killed them first and to reach the feeding zone jump on top of that house and find a branch to the left

dude why the fuck would anyone make that image lmao

Just parry and jump on her when she does the unblockable attack, the jump does a lot of posture damage to her.

The fight is optional but locks a ninjutsu art, two beads and a prosthetic upgrade material

The house they're in has a place you can rope up. It's out the door towards the dragon, immediate left, around the bend, and up.

Go where you've taken that screenshot, and to your left. There's some stairs that go down to a platform with another idol.

anyone know what enemies you can do the anti air deathblow on? have used it against the shimuchen warrior, naginata monks, and roosters. only seems to work when theyre doing certain attacks or in the roosters case when theyre staggered in the air after a block
tried on the rats when they do their jump grab but couldnt get it to work

use the blade prosthetic and sacrificial tanto

>Wolf, how many times have you died on your quest so far? Two, three times?
Fuck you too, Kuro

Attached: 1553639979587.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

you think you can sneak past me?

Attached: 20190325023947_1.jpg (408x501, 32K)

How do i play NG+ without Kuro's charm effectively? blocking still does damage to me so my parries need to be very precise or i'll burn through my gourds.

Attached: Trinity.jpg (1325x1335, 934K)

The Okami warriors that jump you can also. I instantly killed the first mini-boss one with it. Kind of hilarious.

Keep parrying, there's only like one or two attacks you can/need to actually punish. If you have Senpou Leaping Kick or High Monk, it does a ton of posture damage as a sweep counter.

oh right I forgot I did it against the lightning ball throwers when they go to do their volleyball serve kick

Shh

Don't worry she is supposed to be retarded like that.

git gudder

>it's a dev puts a big "Fuck you, player" moment in their game and it still gets lauded episode

>killed by seven spears mccoy
>resurrect
>kill him without taking a hit
>feel like i've finally gotten good
>in reality he just dished out thrust spam so I could win

not sure how to feel

>playing NG+
Zero bitch

I think what you've listed it it though. I've tried on Lady Butterfly but she counters with her own mid-air deathblows. It hurts.

Do people really have trouble with O'Rin? I beat her on my first try just blocking and doing the Mario jump on her head.

>I've tried on Lady Butterfly but she counters with her own mid-air deathblows.

Attached: 逃がしません!.png (681x485, 238K)

To unlock phantom kunai do I just need to get both the prosthetic upgrades before it?

what is the one between phantom kunai and spring-load axe?

If you upgraded your physical attributes or attack, you haven't really beaten the game.

>beat emma and isshin first phase without taking a hit
>take 2h to beat his second phase
fuck burn bullshit

Attached: 1554397550153.gif (480x360, 529K)

Anyone else hoping for Tomoe DLC?

Fire shield trivializes that entire fight

Either her or Sculptor desu

When should I be fighting the ghosties?

I beat Genichiro and I still only have like one confetti

What do y’all want to see out of Sekiro DLC?
>Continuation of the story?
>Prequel/lore?
>New characters to play as? Older Kuro taking up the blade?

how much cheese is too much cheese?
there's no such thing as too much cheese — is the answer.

Attached: cheese for everyone.jpg (480x360, 25K)

But we got closure with lowkey angery Orangutan, shes straight up being teased Artorias style.

I want to fight Tomoe.

Waifu Tomoe!

So I am up to Divine Dragon and I learned that you can fight Owl again, but I didn't eavesdrop on the NPCs, choosing to fight Owl on Ashina Castle. Am I fucked?

Whenever you like, it's not that important. You can eventually buy confetti from every store, or if you really want to get some right now, the blue samurai near the Antechamber idol drop them. The samurai are really easy to grind too, just get the bell demon for the extra drop rates.

What is the finger that stuns demon of hatred? I tried to use the first one but it didnt do nothing

return of the King
but this time u fight 4 of em

Attached: Sekiro Ape PEPE.jpg (559x1078, 341K)

Attached: 1352743363214.jpg (300x265, 32K)

frgot link reply

>Isshin dies off screen
>other Isshin comes out of Genichiro body
>Sculptor just disappears and is no where to seen
holy fuck story made zero sense From software are so retarded

Attached: hear the cancer.png (257x325, 122K)

Could be a reincarnation. The ghost is calling for someone long dead and he hears her but doesn't understand, it's a reasonable explanation.

Welp, you trivialised that fight for me. Not that I'm complaining.

The one near the ending or the one where kuro was

I had the biggest smile on my face when I actually deflected the WOOOO.

>Tomoe DLC
>Wolf learns to use lightning techniques instead of just redirecting it
Yes please

Oh I'm retarded, just found the game.

How many times should I feed master fishy?

Is this bait or did you not pay any attention

You should be able to fight him again as long as you don't beat the divine dragon. Go talk to Kuro, then hide and eavesdrop on him. Then talk to Emma. Should start it.

Play against the undying tutorial guy until you get a few rounds of good parries, and then replay the first level only with parry and deathblow

damn you

Attached: 1330910740276.gif (350x263, 384K)

I wanna play as Isshin
or maybe a younger Owl
and more stuff on Tomoe, maybe even have her show up as a boss

The master must be fed in moderation.

no, i have no idea what happend

Memories nigga.
What’s to say we don’t get an item to jump into others memories?

nope, but both owl fights can mikiri counter and head step of you swipe attack them, atleast you can parry/block the headstep, mikiri is death.

Go where you fought the samurai on the horse.
The black mortal blade and cut into the underworld and bring back people from the dead.

WOOOOOO!!

what happens if i overfeed him

Go fight the centipede in senpou temple, he's practically a tutorial

nothing

How do you kill the monks round the back of Sepou with the fur coats? I've tried fire, shurikens and the axe, my swings don't do enough posture damage that they can't recover in a second or two

Throw shurkins at her while she's midjump. Knocks her on the floor and lets you get a few good hits in.

how isshin comes back is explained in a letter next to where you usually talk to him, black mortal blade can open a portal to the underworld basically, so genichiro brought him back after he died.

sculptor is around, backtrack to ashina outskirts, go to the arena where you fought gyoubu or whatever the horse dudes name is.

True Tbh senpai
I’m shit at any RTS outside of the Total War games and platformers in general but not all of them have easymodes, Hollow Knight is a recent example of this but I don’t cry about wanting an easy mode (I don’t know if there is or not)
I just accept it, watch vids on it and still discuss it on HK threads.

The Black Mortal Blade opened a gate to the underworld, bringing back Isshin in his prime. The Sculptor turned into the Demon of Hatred.

She deals more posture damage in her second phase for some reason.

Boss rush or replayability of any sort.

Slug ladies are shit, I throw salt at them

Probably kingfisher because of lore implications

Can you anti air deathblow Genichiro or Owl or any of the main bosses?

WOOOOO

Does the dialogue change if you havent died till that point

Attached: 15C977D5-C5F9-460E-B2E0-0EBCC0C96F14.png (491x335, 322K)

how did isshiro die
why did Genichiro stab Kuro and why was i fighting isshiro
story still doesn't make any sense

You can't even remember basic names so I think the problem might be you.

Isshin was old and him living so long was a miracle according to Emma.
As for Kuro getting stabbed Genichiro was probably testing his blade and intimidating the poor shota

>want to do Shura ending
>can't bring myself to kill Emma

what do

>so my parries need to be very precise
you literally answered your own question

Throughout the game you hear over and over how old and sick Isshin is and that he's about to die soon, which is also exactly why the Ministry decided to attack as well

This is why I asked if you didn't pay any attention

Just accept it, user. Platinum's not worth it, just go impregnate rice girl with Kuro again.

Attached: dewa mata.jpg (2048x1152, 415K)

>use monocular to zoom in on something lewd
>it's blurry as fuck

What a useless item.

Turn off FOV baka
I had the same problem, now I stare at Emma's feet all day

>periodically a Great Serpent charges across the arena for no particular reason, doing damage to both you and any of the apes it hits

alright which PC setting should i turn off
i turned off motion blur and depth of field so far

You need to upgrade it to Malcontent. It's the only one that works.

thats pretty much it
also turn off HDR
it has better lightng

>From software fans can't even explain the story
>say you didn't pay any attention to story

Attached: 1506786636491.png (625x423, 74K)

so i beat the game, severance ending.
why do i feel so disappointed?

Attached: 1519158562919.gif (389x413, 1.83M)

any pc users experiencing huge frame drops after dusk (returning the mortal blade to kuro) ? how to fix them ?

Attached: 1545004955211.jpg (588x391, 51K)

You got the second worst ending. I did NG+ just because it left a bad taste in my mouth. The two "good" endings feel much better.

This is a general fucking post on /vg/ you actual faggots

Typical postgame blues?

huh, how do you get the better ones?

Guardian Ape is such a shit boss

Anyone find uses for combat arts that aren't the 3 everyone knows about?

WOOOOOO!!

How does that thrust attack avoiding ability work? Do i need to press the button without moving or what?

Whirlwind Slash does decent damage if you're using the hit and run strategy.

I like the first Monk one, the elbow palm strike

Purification for the most kino and appropriate end for Sekiro imo
Dragon's Homecoming for sequelbait and a ray of hope in these dark times

eavesdrop a lot and collect 2 snake hearts

If you're such a brainlet that you didn't even pick up on Isshin being deathly ill, which is referenced throughtout the game repeatedly in cutscenes, direct dialogue and eavesdrops alike, you might want to consider that maybe the problem isn't with us or From

you just dodge into a thrust attack that has the danger icon

WOOOOOO

Attached: 1553956233251.jpg (1024x576, 30K)

There's some convoluted bullshit you have to do so don't be afraid to search up guides. The Good ending requires fighting hidden boss Owl (Father), the True ending requires snake and rice loli shenanigans.

That's one of the 3.

I do too, seems to do okay posture damage some of the time at least.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I'm having fun on NG+ wo Kuro's

Do you need to evesdrop? I just kept talking to the rice loli and eating her rice, she then brought up the idea.

Into?

until you get to Isshin and he blasts your ass, Demon Bell and no Charm has killed me 70+ times at him I want to give up.

yes, into
doesn't the description explain what the move does?

i dunno. i usually feel pretty accomplished after beating shit. man, i dunno.

i got both the snake hearts, but i guess i missed out on a bunch of dialogue. oh well, might as well make for ng+.

Attached: 1516744158995.jpg (754x1008, 138K)

Not him but it seems to work if you just hit the doge button or actively dodge into it, if executed correctly you'll stomp on the weapon.

Mortal Draw works really well against some bosses like the Corrupted Monk and the Ape

Trying to build up some skill points early game. Any good place in particular to get a decent amount of them?After horseman in the one path, and haven't beaten Lady Butterfly yet in the second.

Also tried the demon bell, but it doesn't seem to affect exp gains. Does it only affect money and item drops?

i wish people would experiment more
like how bestowal ninjutsu is extremely underrated and going with it and multihit arts shreds posture and break guards like nothing. spiral cloud passage, flowing
flowing also is the absolute best status appliers even through guards because the sheer hitcount and fast startup. get living force and immediate 2x flowing for guaranteed status for example
praying strikes exorcism almost outclasses 2ichi on anything that doesn't parry you in 2 R1s

They're ridiculously aggressive but the worst thing is that they come in pairs. Just anti air deathblow them and be done with it.

>one of the 3

>ichimonji
>nightjar slash
>senpou leaping kicks / high monk

No it's the fourth. It may be the 1st combat art you acquire but it's the 4th one you'll find of any use.

>Sekiro trying to help the suffering rice loli
Why is he so perfect Yea Forumsros? He's autistic in such a lovable way.

>saving those images
Confirmed brainlet.
I bet you frogpost too.

Just came back from trying, i cant fucking do it. his second phase i just dont fucking get it; its a flurry of impossible to parry attacks with the range of a fucking sniper rifle.
seriously fuck you miyazaki, im never finishing this shit

Attached: 1552886390975.png (540x522, 197K)

eavesdropping is for the purification one
twice for kuro and talk to emma, follow emma until she's at temple and eavesdrop once more

rice loli brings it up as long as you have the infested text

He is a well respected man of culture.

Attached: 1449114467028.jpg (920x642, 151K)

>Genichiro

You should know by know how to fuck him up. Just keep in mind that he always starts off with a black blade slash, so sprint behind him. Don't attack him immediately unless you have a combat art that can knock him out of hyper armor. This is because he'll occassionally follow up with another black blade slash.

>Saint (1st Phase)

Be aggressive. Don't give him any room to breathe. He will immediately do one of the three things upon deflecting:

>1. Shove into thrust. When he shoves you, he's going to follow up with a thrust. Deflect the shove and immediately perform a mikiri counter.
>2. Sheathe into sweep. When he sheathes his blade, he's going to perform a sweeping attack that hits incredibly hard. Just run behind him and it'll miss you, giving you the opportunity to strike his back.
>3. Three-part strike. Sometimes he'll just do a basic, three-part strike. It's pretty easy to deflect all three attacks.

Again, be relentless and never give him beathing room. You should be able to complete this phase very quickly, just like Genichiro.

>Saint (2nd Phase)

For this phase, you'll want to just let Isshin come to you. Keep a good distance from him and wait until he does his leaping spear attack. You can sidestep this attack and strike back if you time it right. Don't get greedy, though-- just poke him once because he'll usually deflect your second attack. Also, when he does his spear combos on the ground, keep yourself just outside of the range, then go in and deflect. He'll usually end the spear swipes with a thrust that you can easily mikiri counter. Lastly, don't forget about his gun. If you're at medium/long range then you should be able to dodge it by sprinting. If you're any closer to him then you'll have no choice but to block the onslaught of bullets.

>Saint (Final Phase)

This phase is the exact same as the previous one, except he adds a lightning sweep and thrust to his moveset. Don't let that scare you.

No because Wolf is too autistic to respond. You've died once in Hirata estate by default, but I'm not sure if Genichiro kills you

I too mistake him for a nigger, but he is, in fact, not black.

I'm one of those weirdo who actually likes Isshin. Finally mopping the floor with his old ass felt amaziiing.

So yeah, looking forward to it

Maybe if you're retarded, its use is pretty apparent and it is great for chipping at bosses like Genichiro if you haven't figured out better strategies at that point.

Ichimonji is obviously number one, Whirlwind Slash is the second most obvious, Shadowrush is the third most obvious though once you try it because of the unblockable setup nature.

Mortal Draw gets shoutouts for unblockable good damage, especially on certain bosses.

At this point you're probably just tired and should take a break. I was stuck on the Owl refight until I stopped playing for a day. Beat him second try afterwards.

mid air deathblow

In fairness he's still walking around murdering ninjas and downing sake

What is supposed to happen with the Dungeon quest? I ended up with that faggot in white crying for his master not answering him and then he disappears. I managed to get in the small room after the fact though.

Ok people im literally stuck. I can choose two ways. Spear dude of plentiful thrusts or le angry grabber man in chains. Cannot make a dent on any of them, what do

Attached: 1529141818062.jpg (1440x1080, 671K)

best place to farm fulminated mercury? I swear I've never seen one of those and I'm at the divine dragon

I want to formally apologize to the user who said leaping kicks/high monk was good that I said probably just didn’t know how to jump sweeps. I didn’t realize it gives a bonus to posture damage far greater than just a regular goomba stomp. It is absolutely a fantastic combat art against very sweep heavy enemies.

Right now I'm spamming the block button in order to get deflections, will this fuck me over in later in the game? Or should I learn to time it more precisely? So far spamming has gotten me past Lady Butterfly, who was a lot easier than people made her out to be. I've honestly had more trouble with mini-bosses than regular bosses.

>killed big snek with two death blows
Kinda dissapointed it wasn't a boss desu

Ceremonial Tanto has THE best animation in the game.

you can do it user

spam parry until you get the timing down, then wreck his shit
the trick to saint is to be hyperaggressive and thus baiting his ez as fuck mikiris
gen and phase 1 is self explanatory
phase 2, did you know his 5 gun chain can be parry spammed and if done so 90% he will thrust?
take note of the delays in his spear attacks, his 6hit combo into thrust is always sword sword spear x4
L1L1__L1__L1_L1_L1
his leaping spear is ez punish AND if you parry it he stumbles for 2 R1s

Attached: 428ch72p1617Background.png (2228x986, 3.55M)

learn mikiri, style on spear dude

more like kuronbo

after divine
ashina outskirts
alternatively gun fort backstab route
get demon bell and 2 droprate+ off senpou tree
literally got enough to upgrade all my shit in 30 minutes

I had a better time with the ogre in chains but after I grabbed some fire

Don't even bother with spear man until you get the mikiri counter.
Go for the ogre and simply git gud

i actually got it but i've never gotten it to work. Are you supposed to stand still pressing b or move towards him or what

It will, but it's a viable way to learn movesets than straight up just blocking, just don't be too reliant on it 'cause the delay-timing bosses fucks you up. especially since the moves that has delays usually hits the hardest

Dash towards him

stand still press b
don't be fooled by red kanji of spidersense
watch for the glint as he's about to thrust, that's your cue to press b

>Right now I'm spamming the block button in order to get deflections, will this fuck me over in later in the game?
Not hard, but yes, eventually

Stand still. The tooltip is a lie to make you think you suck

use hanbei to train you baboon

Dodging without directional input defaults to forward, so it's the same thing.
Practice on the fucking immortal samurai at the temple, he's there for a reason.

This is the worst combo to perfect parry in the game because the visuals doesn't line up with the attack. The fourth hit it looks like he hits you with the handle, and the fifth has a huge timing delay that throws off your rhythm. Always get posture broken and destroyed by the thrust.

Both work, it's about timing it based on the weapon glint rather than the warning kanji

ok dudes ill try it tomorrow when im not SEETHING

pls help
AAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1542834509687.png (779x900, 1015K)

Ogre is easy, just get flame vent and some oil jars. Throw a jar, set him on fire and you can get around 6-7 hits in. You can do it without fire but it's gonna take longer.

For the spear guy you need to learn mikiri, there's no other way out. Shift+W when you see the kanji and you'll learn how to do it impeccably after a few times. Take the time to learn it because it's probably one of the most useful skills in the game and you'll be using it against the real bosses.

are you saying all these are available after the divine dragon, or the area after him? I haven't beat him yet because I heard that the sculptor goes away so I want to get a lazurite shuriken

>ressurection is disabled during Butterlfy phase 2
For what fucking purpose?

Attached: 1372929372949.jpg (298x292, 11K)

but it feels gud to finally get that particular combo's timing down and decimate that fucker
>t. NG+8

Attached: 56350786_2912763828741458_8655785606107889664_n.jpg (960x540, 56K)

You SHOULD do that if you don't know the enemy moveset and I prefer it to straight up blocking, but if you know their moves there's literally no reason for you to fumble around with mediocre deflects because you'll just make mistakes and die