What is your most genuine contrarian opinion?

What is your most genuine contrarian opinion?
I personally see no value in the dmc series since combos for the sake of combos is frivolous game design and DmC was more innovative ative in general

Attached: blog_dmc5-1-890x606.jpg (890x606, 166K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xDcZ67pFG4g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dark Souls 2 is the best of the souls games, though Bloodborne is superior to every souls game and Sekiro is superior to Bloodborne AND The Old Hunters DLC.

Attached: 1519104726282.jpg (225x225, 8K)

I agree with you. Also, Dark Soul 2 is better than 1 because the parts of it that are worse than 1 are worth it for the better than 1 parts.

Combat is the worst part of all souls games, Sekiro included. The games excel in atmosphere, build options, art design and all else but the combat is too shallow to be interesting. The basic strategy you learn at the beginning of the game can carry you through most fights and adding a parry mechanic is nothing new nor interesting.

>and DmC was more innovative ative in general
What did DmC add that wasn't already done by other games like dedicated dodge (God of War) and training room (Bayonetta)?

I agree with the former, but DmC didn't really try to shake that convention, it was really just a dumbed down DMC4.

Bloodborne and Sekiro being better than mainline Souls series isn't that controversial.

>it was really just a dumbed down DMC4
That's because the combat was literally remade by the DMC4 team. I wish we had gotten the original "Ninja Theory" combat it was supposed to have just to see how bad it was.

Remember, the gameplay was supposed to be so bad that Capcom literally had to let Dragon's Dogma's development die so that they could ship Itsuno and the DMC4 team to go fix it.

>actually likes Donte
how I knew you're 12

Just play Heavenly Sword.

Yeah, that's what I expected it to be too. Unfortunately, Ninja Theory refused to let the people who playtested the original discuss it. Instead they said "everyone who played the prototype combat was very pleased by it including DMC veterans" but refused to name anyone who played it.

Combos for the sake of combos is frivolous game design, action games should focus on the interaction between the player and their enemy, but even in this regard every other DMC game (except maybe 2) is still better than DmC.

So your opinion is that you haven't played DMD and don't understand why combos are in the game? What?

Rewatched the story for DmC and I genuinely think it was better than 5. I mean the combat is better in 5 for sure but I speak for everyone on this board when I say that 5's story was a snorefest.

Maybe the original DMC was a tad bit better at this. I remember bosses which weren't just bullet sponges and actually required some form of strategy in order to discover their weak spots and kill them.

DMC5s story is offensively boring, while DmC's is offensively bad. Honestly, I blame Nero, he's such a dull character. The only good part of the game he's in is the last part where he laments over failing to save Credo.

Rifle abortions and superior Spanish dubs.

Last good DMC was 4
Sekiro>DS3>BB>DaS
DaS 2 was garbage

>Muh DMD
Literally just keep them in the air with calibur, jc and charge shot. Spam direct impact with Dante and use the charged cerberus lightning attack every once in a while. Barring a couple of boss fights DMD is trash in 5, some of the enemies are just way too spongy and unfun to fight.

Weakest bait possible

Attached: 1535217766022.png (1429x595, 395K)

>combos for the sake of combos
Mastery of the original DMC is more that purely of arcade speedrunning autism. Combat is much more grounded and direct, enemies didn't have a lot of health and still have nice variety in their movesets. Every move at your disposal had a distinct use and wasn't just combo filler. DT moves were all mad powerful. Mission ranking were based on time spent and little else. The style meter only increased red orbs gained through that brief period and is superficial otherwise.

what's calibur?

I see no value in the DMC series because it just looks so fucking gay. The characters look like hot topic employees and the music is god awful, and the dialogue is kingdom hearts tier. I feel third person embarrassment for the manchildren who enjoy it

>Final Fantasy games and Chrono Trigger suck ass because their turn base mechanics are so frustrating and even moreso when you don't know where to go
>KOTOR is overrated and I don't see why everyone believes it to the best Star Wars game, the writing and story is barebones and too generic for it to be a Bioware game
>Games from the NES era are horrible due to poor level design and are only beloved due to nostalgia and rose tinted glasses
>Rockstar and Bethesda games are only meant to be replayed once every 10 years
>I enjoy cinematic games like The Last of Us, Uncharted, and God of War and believe they offer stories superior to most Hollywood blockbusters nowadays
>Video Games are pretty disposable, release a genre defining title and it will be copied and outdated in 4 years

The back to forward air attack.

That still exists in every DMC game, the difference is it's not one mandatory weakness you need to uncover but a sliding scale of options. Let's compare Phantom to Cerberus to King Cerberus. For Phantom you had to attack his back or mouth, anything else was pointless. For Cerberus you could chip damage slowly but if you removed his ice shield and broke his legs you get a massive opening, and destroying his heads removed his attack options. For King Cerberus you can attack any part of him but the damage is minuscule compared to attacking his head, although around his head is also the most dangerous place to be; if you KO a head he can't use its form, KO all the heads you get a huge opening. The strategic element still exists, there's just also a slower and dumber option for people too stupid to figure it out.

there's more characters than V user

Attached: 1541660091105.png (499x544, 534K)

You wouldn't know level design if it came up and bit you on the dick.

My favorite DMC meme is everyone pretending they play at a combo MAD level. Yeah we get it you watched donguri once and based your opinion on that.

The entire point of the game is about player expression through combos, how much of brainlet could you be to not understand this?

even if I spent hours to mechanically execute the same shit over and over again to perfection, I dont see what enjoyement I’d get out of it.
I literally dont care about Super Slurpy S_oy style ranks

This thread it's absolute cringe.

Attached: 1550367618388m.jpg (1024x1024, 84K)

Contrarian opinions are not genuine by their very nature. The phrase you're looking for is "unpopular opinion".

This. Go get ready for school kids

Attached: 1553973413087.jpg (900x900, 82K)

>Dark Souls 2 is the best of the souls games
Unironically this. PVP rakEs unite.

and how much of a brainlet do you have to be not to realize not everyone is fond of this shit?
for the same reason people dont watch diving, synchronized swimming, gymnastics etc. and prefer 1v1 or team vs team sports

Attached: 207F77F8-8569-47CA-9ED8-206D78B987E7.jpg (804x536, 89K)

Final fantasy 9 is a mediocre game that is only looked fondly on because of a few decent story beats and the fact that the rest of the series after 7 is such a massive train wreck.

I actually like nero alot. Specifically because he's not a dante clone, he's actually a hot headed, snarky asshole as opposed to dante who is playful, mischevious and childlike.

>Sekiro
>Build options

Fuck Pokemon
Fuck FromSoft games
Fuck Platinum games
Fuck MGS2
Fuck Nier Automata
Fuck Vampire the Masquerade
Fuck cyberpunk, the whole fedora genre
And you know what else?
BOTW was a great game

This is my genuine stance.

Attached: 4ad029d9.jpg (1000x1000, 83K)

I wholly agree with Dark Souls 2 being the best. I had almost endless hours of fun with the DLCs too.

>post your unpopular opinion thread
>everyone posts the same abhorrent shit every single time
Why do we keep having these

Soulsborne games are boring as shit.

>DmC was more innovative
DMC5 is not a perfect game and you could've made good points, but you just had to throw in some bait

Why do we do anything, user? More than seven people use Yea Forums and some of those people are bound to have similar unpopular opinions.

While I definitely don't agree about DaS2, I think that it's worth talking about based on the merits of its PVP alone. The endless DaS2 shittalking is a huge meme and needs to die. That's coming from someone who largely considered it to be the worst souls game.

>I personally see no value in the dmc series since combos for the sake of combos is frivolous game design

There was another franchise that had this exact gameplay philosophy, it was called Tony Hawk Pro Skater. It was pretty popular and unique at the time, but now it's dead for the past 15 years. Devil May Cry is the last kind of game that has this design (even fighting games don't have it, since they are too competitive), it's important that games like DMC exist even if you don't like them OP. Games like these people keep coming back to because no matter how many times you've played it, you'll always end up doing something new, which can't be said about a lot of other games that since they don't rely on the player's creativity.

Attached: tony.jpg (220x165, 18K)

DMC4 was the best DMC game before 5 came out cause it had the best gameplay and that's all that matters in a DMC game

>dmc
You've been lied to.

Okay retard. Load up an empty, featureless expanse and then import the DMC4 characters into it along with their mechanics. You might get bored quickly, because their mechanics have nothing to play off of. You need a fucking game for the gameplay to matter, and DMC4 is a trash unfinished game with shit everything besides core mechanics. And I do mean everything

Pokemon Gen 2 has a terrible campaign. Johto just slaps shit together with no consideration for pacing and Kanto is a snoozefest due to your mons' EVs allowing them to fucking wreck the high level trainers. Fantastic features and rebalancing, though.

Mega Man X 1 was the only good X game. X2 was more of the same and despite being broken as fuck 6 has some replay value. The others are trash. 4 could have been second best if it wasn't unbearably.easy.

Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter was the best game in the franchise.

Golden Sun is a terrible RPG in almost every possible way. From systems to enemy design to writing. The sequel's pretty okay, though, and a lot of the first game is good conceptually but not in practice.

3D > 2D

Every genre, every series

That was a lot of words to end up saying nothing at all

I just finished S ranking DMD. I almost never used calibur to keep enemies airborne, are you saying using buster knuckle to kill their momentum so you can keep combing them?

Dmc 3 is just as trash as dmc2

You really are handicapped

Attached: 1531993395195.jpg (492x381, 24K)

>user A: DMC4 had the best gameplay before 5
>user B: Doesn't matter because the gameplay was shit. Everything was shit except the gameplay, and I mean everything was shit.

Attached: 1542101230778.jpg (961x854, 187K)

He's got a point though. There's like three good enemies in the game.

2010 is the absolute lowest threshold for good games. Most games made before then have aged like absolute shite and are viciously unfun to play.

>t. born 1989

Attached: 1535324040900.jpg (480x270, 30K)

Nobody praises 4 for its variety or level design. They praise it because Nero is simple enough for new players and Dante is advanced enough for old players, and both can produce flashy results.

>More than seven people use Yea Forums
Are you sure?

Gen 2 had IVs not EVs.
Kanto was still easy though since it was nonlinear and everything besides Blaine and Red was around the same level

This argument again. All of the enemies are good, except the chinera'd assaults. The rest of them can be broken down and comboed perfectly. I'm going out of my way to say that chimera'd assaults are definitely the worst enemy in the history of DMC though.

This, except the reverse in that most games post 2010 are shit, it took DMC5 for me to remember why I love video games. I think besides that the Souls games are the only games post 2010 I really like.

God of war 4 is actually the worst one of the franchise, 3 was way better

The mass effect series is increasingly boring.

literally any fighting game

Attached: 1553125390779.png (1009x1080, 1.31M)

Why? Heavenly Sword was straight ass. NT ain't good at combat lmao

Amazing that all those bathroom graffiti niggers took the time and effort to write it all backwards

Weak bait, seething donte stan stealth nero bash thread

the first two are awesome, and 3 is pretty good apart from that last act. They all look beautiful though.Even the PSP titles and ascension were alright. is it weird there's not a single bad GoW apart from the latest one?

>Anarchy makes sense

Damn thats pretty cringe yo

never thought anyone could be objectively wrong but i stand corrected

Can't believe I never realised that.

Square Enix hasn’t put out a decent game in years the ps1 era was their best gen.

At the beginning of your post I thought you were gonna come out as one of those Ps2-era newfaggots who thinks every game post-2010 is shit and every game pre-2000 is outdated while fellating the 6th gen. But you know what, I'm impressed. You keep being you user

>dmc was more innovative
Absolutely kek, Dino took the majority of his movement from DMC4 Dante and Nero. Stole his grapple mechanic, stole his roulette spin. Even tried to steal his personality, but failed miserably. Now Dino fans are upset because people responded better to the OG than his pretender.

Ninja Theory isn't exactly smart, these are same people who didn't care to research what a nephilim actually was, hint it ain't a half angel/demon kek

Technically, aren't the original Dante and Vergil nephilim? If a fallen angel is a demon, and the nephilim are hybrids between angels and humans, and you would think the angels would be fallen the moment they decided to procreate with humans

Not the games fault then faggot

They aren't human in DmC at all, just Angel/Demon. Though they might as well be, Angels were worthless in DmC and weak as piss.

Everyone knows this triptard. Maybe the retards will learn before the next release

The issue with V isn't so much its gameplay, in fact its pretty solid mechanically. What really fucks the game up is the lack of any tone, no grit or brutality to anything which feels really out of place considering its WW2. Other, much older fps games (like previous battlefields, MoH, even CoD: WaW) captured the intense moody, and fucked up atmosphere without sacrificing its video gamey action explosion fun times.

Yeah but I was talking about the OGs from the original series. If you technically classify any fallen angel as a demon and vice versa you could call Dante and Vergil nephilim by Sparda

Demons in the OG series are not fallen angels though. There are no angels in DMC.

So are you saying the game is inherently flawed or that you're just not into experimenting with combos? because if its the latter then thats not on the game. I'm not into souls games but I can understand why people find them compelling.

>Implying Nero's new DT and wings aren't hinting that he's an angel-demon crossbreed
Itsuno didn't lie when he said he liked DmC, expect him to retcon his previous stance on angels

>and you would think the angels would be fallen the moment they decided to procreate with humans
No way. Angels are made for human cock

Attached: 1535674707438.png (222x575, 268K)

DK64 is the peak of 3D Platformers ruined by faggots crying over
>WAAHH TO THERES TOO MUCH TO DO

It’s your fault everything has turned into linearity

it really just comes down to the fact that it feels pretty fucking good wrecking demons to blood pumping music and taunting like a cocky asshole

There's no such thing as a female angel, dumb weeb. Read the Bible.

>Read the Bible
Catholics and Christians are allowed their fanfiction, but not me?

Attached: 1527315922113.gif (276x260, 1.08M)

They all have wings you dope, and demons looked angelic in 4, as did Mundus. They're still demons.

Dark Souls is better than bloodboner

For nero? Yes there was no other way to play him
Dante? 3 all the way,especially w/ style switching mod. Pandora having 3 cool abilities and Lucifer being an interesting weapon does not compensate for dante's piss poor damage.
Vergil? He's pretty cool but too easy mode, 3vergil is pretty limited but rewards what little tools you use properly, 4 is pretty fun but he's musou tier. Pretty hard to get hit to punish your motivation bar and your damage/range is fucking savage so it loses some challenge.
The things 4 has going for it after the 5 release are
>LDK mode
>Lady/trish, Vergil being playable
>An attempt at a boss rush but 3 is far superior
>Bloody Palace being a bit more challenging for dante, the rest characters have it easy

Contrarian implies giving a contrary opinion for the sake of it. An unpopular opinion I have is that Tenchu Z is the best stealth game and I don't like Hitman, Splinter Cell, MGS, Thief, or any other Tenchus.
>inb4 Fromsoft shill
I don't like Soulsborne games either

>Final Fantasy games and Chrono Trigger suck ass because their turn base mechanics are so frustrating and even moreso when you don't know where to go
Id say rpgs are just nor for you then because the combat mechanics of ff games and chrono trigger are the easiest to understand in the whole medium, im baffled that anyone can frustate themselves with a turn based system unless the problem was long winded animations which was only a problem in the ps1 era where everything was slow and clunky.
Also, from ff 4 onwards every ff is pretty much a hallway and in the case of ff6 you know exactly where to go when the open world appears. Chrono Trigger not so much but charachters pretty much tell you where to go and what to do so I dont believe for one second you "dont know where to go"

DCM2 is a fine game and I enjoyed it enough to unlock Trish.

does anyone have sometipps to stagger/combo anymoes in bp as dante? icompleted it with nero but i used his triple jump and snatch to drag them in the air and combo them wirhout danger while charging my gun

>it's another dmcucks can't handle criticism episode

Attached: 1488045476066.jpg (4000x4000, 1.09M)

>Tenchu Z
That game was way ahead of its time in alot of ways, plenty of jank holds it back from being great though.

based frogposter

The Last of Us, Half Life 2 and Ocarina of Time are my favorite games
I hate all fighting games except Smash Brothers and Mortal Kombat
I love Derorit Become Human
I hate DMC and Deus Ex 1 but love the sequels
I'm fine with movie games
I love all 3D Zelda games except Skyward Sword. I haven't finished a single 2D game.
I genuinely believe there are tons of amazing games released in the past decade and can't understand Yea Forums's constant pessimism.
Far Cry 5 and 3 are awesome, 4 is shit.

Attached: 1554258052609.jpg (394x394, 29K)

Why would I? It's GOAT.

kek between him and nico, they had arguably the most likable scenes in the whole game. Trish and Lady mostly just pranced around doing nothing. Ultimately were just there for fan service. Dante just quipped the whole game. V was likable, but a bit too edge at times. Vergil well....it's Vergil, he seethed.

>criticism

Holy shit dude. The only thing that I agree with you on is that all 3D Zelda games except Skyward Sword are good but then you ruined it by being a secondary who's never played the 2D games. I guess you're also right that a lot of great games have released the past decade though

>a functional game is as bad as an unfinished undercooked mess
Whoah, so this is the power of Yea Forums

Attached: 1550346147522.png (625x626, 74K)

Attached: 1548125626533.png (625x626, 56K)

>Mundus is an angel
>Lucia is an angel
>Credo is an angel

CRAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWLLLING IIIIIIIINNN MYYY CRAAAAWWWWWLLL

But in that the point was scores, in DMC scores only go so far, eventually it just turns into pure combos with no regard for optimizing the rank increase or anything of the sort.

Demons dont always look like insects in DMC, they can look angelic or pretty just like Nero.

Attached: LUCIA.png (200x297, 81K)

This is a good opinion.

Gamfaqs fag detected.

Video games are fun

This is the most finely crafted bait i have ever witnessed

Attached: gr8b8.png (1597x1600, 532K)

yeah, putting aside issues with plot, pacing and level design, playing an actual DMC after 11 years made me realize how frivolous this shit really is.
I mean, yeah, I liked all this flashy shit and the rank announcement when was 13 y-o but it's time for a foundamental change in design philosophy.
Also look for DMCucks seething at "yet another wojak" when their dmc5 memes were the cringiest shit ever and every dmc after 3 is"yet another DMC"

yeah, I guess everything would've tasted better after tameme blunder, but in perspective 5 is not that good

Attached: 1536984083944.png (807x604, 120K)

DMC5 is superb and the best action game in years. Action games are about the combat, always have been.

>putting aside issues with plot, pacing and level design
Such as?
>made me realize how frivolous this shit really is.
What does that mean?
>it's time for a foundamental change in design philosophy.
Care to explain?
>every dmc after 3 is"yet another DMC"
How are sequels bad?
>but in perspective 5 is not that good
Elaborate

Barry pls

Dante's damage is fine, you just needed to know how to play him

@457266775
>Yeah it was good ONLY when I was a kid and now that I'm a """mature""" """""""man""""""" I can not enjoy these kinds of games and they should change just for me and fuck over those who like them
>also I'm gonna post this wojak meme and call you're memes cringy cause of how I'm a real """adult"""

Attached: 1552350925086.webm (518x518, 2.67M)

I can understand that maybe you're not into the SSStylish combo stuff, but what did DmC do that was innovative?

>frogposter is braindead

>The Last of Us, Half Life 2 and Ocarina of Time are my favorite games
Last of us is good, half life 2 is pretty fantastic but OOT is shit tier apart from its soundtrack.
>I hate all fighting games except Smash Brothers and Mortal Kombat
Nothing wrong with that
>I love Derorit Become Human
What? literally blade runner without the good performances, sound/set design and subtlety
>I hate DMC and Deus Ex 1 but love the sequels
Weird, but alright
>I'm fine with movie games
I can name like 2 decent ones.
>I love all 3D Zelda games except Skyward Sword. I haven't finished a single 2D game.
This is fine, you should really finish a link between worlds though
>I genuinely believe there are tons of amazing games released in the past decade and can't understand Yea Forums's constant pessimism.
Good for you, no joke
>Far Cry 5 and 3 are awesome, 4 is shit.
far cry hasn't been good since 2 so i'm gonna disagree with you there

You're okay user

Lmao

I have never played a dmc game and this wojak shit plus you talking about how mature you are is cringier than anything dmc fans could put out

The souls series has terrible movement, and I don't find them worth playing as a result.

FF7 is the only fun PS1 Final Fantasy game.

Attached: 1553867309707.jpg (266x380, 46K)

Attached: 266B1C92-811D-4902-968F-04B215EA5B52.png (960x540, 444K)

>Such as?
levels are just grey barren city or puke colored hell. story is constantly jumping and is missing a build up to the climax moments.
>What does that mean?
not having any serious purpose or value
carefree and superficial
>care to explain
even kamiya has said it's time to rethink a series stuck in the past
>how are sequels bad
not only they're all worse than 3, but sequels without innovation are pointless. no matter how good your shit is, you'll get bored eventually. only redeeming quality of 5 is the decade that separates it from the previous actual DMC
>Elaborate
as above

Attached: F38DCDD2-3982-48F6-AFAF-DE03FD42ACC3.jpg (1024x683, 68K)

It was never about scores in THPS, the same way it was never about ranks in DMC. You should try these games if you're going to talk about them.
youtube.com/watch?v=xDcZ67pFG4g

you just don't get it. the writing is meant to show that things you see normally are really backwards. the world has been twisted by demons (capitalism and the elite 1%) so much that normal concepts that are backwards are perceived as being normal.
it takes a few playthroughs to start catching on to this type of stuff that is peppered through the game, so I don't blame people that missed its significance.

>not having any serious purpose or value
carefree and superficial
DmC might be the only series that deliberately goes for that and succeeds. It's a flashy action game where the enemies are fun to wreck and the music compliments said action, with some bonkers yet still genuine and funny cutscenes in between as a treat.

I'd also argue neros devil breakers is the most refreshing system ever in any action game in the past 10 years. It's also just the best parts of all the past games refined and with all the tedious shit taken out. Miles better than 4, about on par with 3 for me. The writing and overall plot did feel abit rushed towards the end though.

I agree. Picked up DS and quit as soon as I realised I'd be doing 4 moves and a roll the entire game.

Attached: 1535967508401.png (565x763, 443K)

>any other Tenchus
Dude, how did you not at least like Tenchu 1's level variety and sound design. The music was fucking phenomenal, still the best in the series.
Save The Princess is such a melancholy, mood building theme I can barely stand it.
I wish the other Tenchu's had that much love put in to the music.
>honorary props go to Orochimaru's leitmotif

I wish DMC V was more like bayonetta. I can't pull off combos for fucking shit in that game meanwhile I beat bayonetta 1 and 2 on max difficulty with no witchtime.

And I wish Bayo was more like DMC.

how so. aside from teh QTEs everything else is a refinement of the genre

>I want these two games that try to be diffrent yet similar to be the exact same
What kind if shit logic is this?

>4
>not having seperate character campaigns
>but supposedly 3 does

umh.

He wasn't implying that.

What does DMC5 lack that Beyo refined?

Because Bayo is 99% autocombos and in DMC you actually have to get creative because there's like 2-3 preset combos per weapon?
Also dodge offset is OP

Kingdom Hearts 3 is the best game in its franchise

Holy shit, can we have a Rick & Morty copypasta version of this?

Attached: ed1.gif (550x400, 1.79M)

Uncle Dante is just as cringy as DmC Dante.

Based and DmCpilled

Attached: 74F176D9-D9FD-4650-8B0F-204D7C70034C.jpg (335x381, 74K)

Not at all. One button dodge is shitty and so is witch time. I don't like the emphasis on weaves. Dodge offset is fine but not my thing, I like being forced to make space if I want to finish a combo.

Dante is much more interesting to play than bayo.

Explain

>No value for combos for the sake of combos

There's little value in playing video games compared to any other hobby yet we all do it anyway.

>These are contrarian opinions

Contrarian on Yea Forums is just popular opinion?

>Tenchu Z is the best stealth game
>Thief

disgusting

>levels are just grey barren city or puke colored hell
level design isn't of much importance in this type of game
>story is constantly jumping and is missing a build up to the climax moments.
>caring for story in a videogame
amazing how you can post a onions meme yet you're this much of a faggot
>story is constantly jumping and is missing a build up to the climax moments.
Being this much of a massive faggot.
Spoiler it's a videogame. It's entertainment. Not even your God of Onions and Ladders of Us don't possess in any way shape or form any kind of serious or "artitistic" merit
>not only they're all worse than 3, but sequels without innovation are pointless
Apparentely having better gameplay, enemy design, bosses, weapons and co-op equals no innovation and worse quality

That is the meaning you want to give to the game, not the main point of the game, retarded.

My bad. Regardless, the campaign is poorly paced and balanced throughout. The remakes helped a good bit, but Johto is just a bad map.

U don't know what gameplay is
Gameplay is something more than combat system, retarded

>He thinks gameplay is only combat system

>not having serious purpose or value.
The purpose is that it looks cool and feels fun to do user. It sounds like you just don't care for what the franchise is and blame it for not being what you enjoy when it doesn't owe you shit.

>All "enemies"are good for comboautism
FTFY

This

The gameplay is good in 4 though, a bit undercooked but still good, it just needed better levels and more weapons, and the enemies are pretty decent compared to the amount of pain DMC3's enemies give
What's wrong with the gameplay in 4 anyways?

Final fantasy as a series is dead... Shitty JRPGs have no place in gaming anymore.

The Dark Souls series is ruined by its difficulty. No, I don't mean it's too hard. I actually mean the braindead AI trivialises all combat to the point of enemy encounters becoming more tedious than fun about 30 minutes in.

There is nothing there to surprise you, you're never going to get outmanoeuvred, you're never going to get flanked or properly tarpitted. Enemies are completely blind to each other, often getting stuck in doorways and, yes, on each other while trying to attack you. Bosses can accidentally commit suicide. Everything is susceptible to base as fuck circlestrafing.

This was fine in Quake 1. In 1996. Actually, no, fuck it. Quake 1 enemies require more strategy than Souls mobs. The series is trash and fuck anyone who dares claim it's anything else. It's an insult to actually decent aRPGs.

Attached: 1222296078350.png (450x333, 97K)